[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll be doing a visa run in Malaysia soon. I have plenty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: malaysian-property.jpg (78KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
malaysian-property.jpg
78KB, 540x360px
I'll be doing a visa run in Malaysia soon.

I have plenty of time to idle around, so, what does the place have that recommends itself?
Local food, landscapes, architecture?

Budget: low, but staying in private rooms.
>>
>>1051592
local here. where exactly in malaysia will you be at and for how long?
>>
>>1051592
that is a really nice picture.
>>
>>1051600
I'll be entering by land from Thailand, and thinking of dropping in to Singapore, so basically the whole rail route from Padang Besar to Singapore. Indian Ocean coast.
I'll be there two weeks minimum, but three weeks is likely and a month is possible.
>>
>>1051608
sorry, one more question before i suggest things. have you been to malaysia?
>>
>>1051619
Never.
>>
Okay here's what you can do if you're planning to make your way down to Singapore from Thailand.

From the North of the peninsular, you can start your trip at Langkawi Island (beach island, touristy, been to a mangrove nature tour once there and it was great). I would suggest a maximum of three nights if you plan on going there; or

Penang. It's popular for its food (ranked one of the best food spots in the world by many travel media outlets), its history and architecture (still a strong sense of British colonial presence found in the city). There's also a popular beach strip at the outskirts of the main city (Georgetown) in Penang called Batu Ferringhi. You could probably spend at least a week or two over at Penang since there are plenty of sights to do and even if you've done practically everything, you can take a ferry to some other tropical islands around Penang (Langkawi is actually a short ride from Penang).

After that, you can travel further down to the capital Kuala Lumpur. It's also another great place for food. City landscape wise, it's a mix bag between old colonial buildings, traditional village houses (mostly wiped out in the city centre though) and modern skyscrapers. Shopping (especially for clothes and electronics) is another itinerary you can consider while you're in KL. I'd suggest a maximum stay of 4 nights since there aren't as many sightseeing places in KL as in Penang. I'd also suggest looking around the Chinatown area, Tun HS Lee and Changkat Bukit Bintang for guesthouses as they're located near or at the city centre itself.

Actually before going to KL, you can take a detour to Cameron Highlands to escape the tropical heat. It's two and a half hours away from either Penang or KL and used to be a tea plantation for the colonial British. The tea plantations are still there minus the British and there are a couple of small, quaint towns and hiking passages which allow you to see the rafflesia.(1/2)
>>
(2/2) If you plan to make your way to Cameron Highlands, you can prob spend two or three nights there.

After you're done with KL, you probably can head straight to Singapore or perhaps make a short stop at Malacca which is like the halfway point between KL and Singapore. As Malacca was one of the earliest European settlements in the region and was also controlled by a few empires (Portuguese in the 16th century, then the Dutch and then the British), there are a bunch of historical sites around the main town area. You can probably spend an entire day there since most of the main sightseeing spots are located along the river but there are a lot of BnBs along the river as well so you can spend your night there if you wish to do so.

So yeah, these are the places that I would recommend for first time travelers to Malaysia. If you need more help with planning your itinerary, you can post here or create a new thread in /trv/ if this thread died.
>>
>>1051896
>>1051898
Georgetown and Malacca sound excellent. Thanks for the advice.
>>
Hi,

I just arrived in Kuala Lumpur yesterday (not OP).
I need a break from travelling and have to stuff to figure out, so i figured i might stay a while in KL, its pleasant enough and fairly cheap.

Since you really now whats going on I am interested in your opinion on where to sleep for like 3 weeks. I am trying to safe as much money as possible, but need a room for myself.

Currently I am staying on the main market street in China Town in a hotel. They are charging me 70 MYR a night. Do you have anything much cheaper in mind? How good/bad is that deal?

Also any nightclub recommendations? The only thing that didnt sound terrible was zouk.

Thanks a ton.
>>
>>1052482
i think rm70 for a room by yourself is a good deal considering the location as well unless the room quality is no good by your standards? there are a few guesthouses along jalan tun hs lee which you can check out that are located a bit further out like backhome. not sure if they have individual room, let alone a cheaper one.

i don't do clubbing but my friends usually go to zouk and they just moved to a new location so it should be a much better venue now.

sorry that i can't really help you much.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.