[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TEFL general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: VV150.jpg (471KB, 1039x776px) Image search: [Google]
VV150.jpg
471KB, 1039x776px
which course did you take (if any)?
where did you go?
what was it like?
any tips?
>>
>>1051476
>which course did you take (if any)?
None, just had a Bachelors and got a job
>where did you go?
China, kind of wishing I did Taiwan instead, but I wanted to travel all over easily.
>what was it like?
After a few months, you revert to your normal life, just in a new location. But it's a great way to travel all over and get some money, if you have a year to blow on not advancing your career or education.
>any tips
Read a bunch of blogs from TEFLers first, see if you really want to do it. I recommend going with a company the first year, one that will help you with all the paperwork and has good reviews.
>>
File: Dubrovinink Sunset.jpg (235KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Dubrovinink Sunset.jpg
235KB, 2048x1536px
When do the majority of tefl jobs start in China and Korea? Is it August/September the start of a new term? Or are they always hiring?

I am going to finnish university in May and should have around £5000 (about $7500 US) saved up by then. After graduation in July I plan on doing a trip through Eastern Europe, the Balkans and then the Middle East. After this I would like to go to China, or possibly Korea, to do TEFL. By the time I finnish my trip around Europe and the Middle East it could well be October. Should I be able to find start dates in November for TEFL?

Pic unrelated, got it from an annon here. I do plan on going to Dubrovinik though on said trip.
>>
>>1052493
China and Korea tend to accept people with just a bachelor's degree and without any other type of special training.
>>
>>1052494
Cool I will have a bachelor and I have a 150 hour certificate. When do they hire?
>>
>>1052496
China and Korea hire pretty much every day.

http://www.eslcafe.com/jobs/

That's why they have their own job boards. Keep in mind, that there also is a fingerprinting and FBI screening process that happens before you can work in Korea and Japan (I'm not sure about China though.)

The arrest record screening from the FBI can take months to process, and the entire thing will cost you around $150.
>>
>>1052498
They do this even for non-US citizens?
>>
>>1052501
I don't know about what happens outside the US. I think the foreign consulates require FBI screening in order to issue a work visa.
>>
>>1052501

UK here - Yes they do request a criminal disclosure for working visas / employment.

In most cases they want to see it before you sign a contract and it cant be older than 6 months
>>
>>1052496
Unless you get very lucky or have connections, pretty much the only good jobs in Korea are public school jobs, which means September and April start times. Public school jobs have been cut back drastically though.

>>1052498
>Keep in mind, that there also is a fingerprinting and FBI screening process that happens before you can work in Korea and Japan (I'm not sure about China though.)

Not true for Japan. Japan only requires a check through local law enforcement.
>>
>>1051476
Take the TEFL course in the country you want to teach in, while you are taking the course you can get the information for all the schools in the area and probably take your pick. Just behave yourself and don't get a bad rep while there.

Taught in Korea while the getting was good and it was awesome. People are dying to get there for some reason so while it's still good, they seem to be lowering the benefits which makes other countries seem like they might be just as good.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.