[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Foreign Exchange

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Has anyone been a foreign exchange student before? I'm going to Germany for my senior year (Amerifag) and would like to know what to expect.
>>
where in germany? go berlin!
>>
>>1046885
You'll be fine OP, German has big Exchange communities in all the university cities. You should've come to the Netherlands tho.
>>
Bumping, I am going to singapore in an engineering exchange. NTU. I hope I get to eat some great food.
>>
I'm in Germany for an exchange semester atm, so I guess ask me anything :F
>>
2 years ago I was in Germany as an exchange student and it was great!

this >>1046981
Look for the ERASMUS office of your campus, they organize a lot of parties and trips.

Don't expect that your classmates get interested on you for being foreign, they are used to it.

I was in Karlsruhe so if you are going to a city in the Baden-Wurttemberg state, I can give you some tips
>>
I'm going to London for six months starting January as a exchange student at UCL.

I've got high expectations about it, but at the same time I'm kinda scared that my budget won't last, even though I'm a rather austere person.

Any tips about that, or about living in London as an exchange student?
>>
>>1047387

bumping for advice from londonfriends
>>
>>1047503
Expensive as fuck. Live near there all my life and most of my friends go to different universities there.

Loads of stuff to do though
>>
>>1048089

What's a good place to buy groceries in bulk at a reasonable price? There's a possibility that my Student Hall will be self-catered, so I want to have that covered in advance (I already know how to cook and am not picky).
>>
How do foreign exchange students work?
>>
>>1048339
They don't usually work, because they're students.
>>
>>1046885
I studied abroad in marburg, germany for 2 semesters and it was fantastic. I loved the parties, meeting people from all over the world on a daily basis, and just taking in everything with an open mind. Please do not be that shitty american that just talks shit about things he/she doesnt understand.

Avoid only hanging out with other americans/your exchange group... americans are notorious for this. It really stifles the experience.. it breeds misunderstanding and resentment. Be open curious, germans are very friendly, helpful people.

During the first semester i barely interacted with people in my exchange group because i managed to make friends with some locals and ended up meeting tons. In the months that followed i got to see the real germany with/through them.
Not to mention i found a plug for every party drug.

The second semester i definitely hung out a lot more with a solid group of americans/canadians/australians and made great friends with many, and as good a time as that was, i still preferred that first semester...
>>
>>1048635
>americans are notorious for this.
I think any group is, really, if there's a lot of them around especially. I think Americans who speak a bit of German usually try to mix it up. IME, Spaniards, Italians and Chinese are the fucking worst at 'integrating'. Majority of them stick to each other, only ever speaking their language, barely bothering with anything else. Makes you wonder why they wanted to come here if they're just going to replicate a little Spanish/Italian bubble while here.

t. a German person.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.