[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever fallen in love whilst travelling/on your gap year/year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 18

File: romantic-kissing-in-paris.jpg (25KB, 332x448px) Image search: [Google]
romantic-kissing-in-paris.jpg
25KB, 332x448px
Have you ever fallen in love whilst travelling/on your gap year/year abroad, or know someone who has?

Was it just a short and sweet romance? Are you still in touch, or maybe doing long distance or have even married and are now living together?

Tell me your stories!
>>
I can say that I met my ex on a trip, because I smoked a blunt haha
I was with here for 3 years, cheated on me twice
>>
I met my current GF on Erasmus. Currently we're in a long-distance relationship, we see each other every two-three months.

Erasmus is a bit like pic related. Everybody is far more... open than they probably would be at home.
>>
>>1036189
Shit, sorry about that man. At least you know you're better off without her.
>>1036196
OP here, I actually made this thread because I also met a girl on Erasmus, haha. We're not exactly together though, and maybe I'll never see her again because we are so far apart, but who knows what can happen. :) Good luck with your relationship! Where did you do Erasmus btw?
>>
>>1036199
Trieste, in northern Italy. A small, quaint, picturesque city with a very good university, very close to Slovenia. If I could find a job there, I'd move.
>>
>>1036204
Not OP but that is such a beautiful city.

Dammit - this thread's gonna hit me in the feels.

I met a ton of women traveling and never went back for them. Then I met a Swede but had a ticket booked to California for work/burning man. I didn't realize it at the time but she was special. 5 months passed and we kept in touch but weren't committed. I decided to go back for her. We traveled together for 8 months before it all went to shit (including stints where the relationship was open).

I'm dealing with it now - it was only 8 months, but I guess we were emotionally involved for about a year and a half as we just hooked up casually for months when I was living in Australia. We lived together in 2 different countries and saw/did a shit ton of stuff together. Some of the best sex that I've ever had, too.

It's hard finding a traveler chick (in the end, I think she wasn't the free spirit that I originally thought she was; among other things). So now I'm back at square one.

I wish it worked out 'cause she was the one that I went back for, but I guess that's life.
>>
>>1036204
Ah I was actually there very briefly (for like two hours) when doing a bit of travelling from Ljubljana to Venice. Seemed lovely haha.
I was in Berlin for my studies... best year of my life.
>>1036205
Sorry it didn't work out but it sounds like you had a great time so hopefully you don't regret going back for her.
>>
>>1036185
I met my current girlfriend here. She was spending a year abroad. So now she goes to college here full time and we still fucking.
>>
>>1036185
Do 3rd(?) cousins count?
>>
>>1036211
It is lovely, though Berlin must have been wilder. It has been the best year of my life for me as well. There has been literally no day since I left that I haven't thought of my stay.

>>1036205
Hang in there, anon. She's out there.
Man, and this was probably supposed to be a thread about boning foreign girls.
>>
>>1036185 It's relevant to the thread, so I'll highlight initially that I'm autistic. I'm straight, but have had below average luck with women. I'm handsome and it's become trendy to be geeky, so I've had my share of sex and dated a small amount. I recently did a road trip with a woman who was already a bro. The conversation was really good over the course of a couple weeks being crammed alone in a truck and she's hot. Predictably I developed a mild crush for a couple months. It died a week ago. I'll never see her again because she moved away after we got home, and I'll prolly never talk to her again because we're both busy with our own lives.

>the Feel is what gives an autist his power
>the Feel is an energy field created by all living things
>the Feel surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the internet together

I lie every time I tell captcha I'm not a robot
>>
I met my girlfriend while living abroad. We are both openly fucking other people while long distance, though. But still keep in contact and have long term plans to be together
>>
>>1036260

>girlfriend
>openly fucking other people

I don't understand how people do this.
>>
>>1036185
I met a local female in a popular 3 world country, and married her. She came and lived in my country, for many years. She became a citizen even. After many years we moved back to her native country, where we have a pleasant life.

Years before, I was in Ireland in the winter. Over and over I met the same people, including a girl from Australia who was a school teacher in Cairns. This was before email. I don't know if I fell in love, but I liked her, and we walked around the Cliffs of Mohr together, then she caught a bus to Dublin, and I never saw her again. After getting home we wrote once, but that was it.
>>
Yes, I have a girl in a 3rd world shithole. I never thought this would ever happen to me but its great and I wouldn't change it.
>>
It feels like everywhere I go now I fall in love, or have the potential to fall in love. But I always have to leave and that kind of sucks. I'm going home so I can now.
>>
>>1036185
Met my lady while traveling in Japan. We pretty much fucked each others brains out and had tons of fun together so we stayed together all the way to Europe. She was an awesome travel partner and I can say she pushed me more than she held me back.

We both had to go back to America and she came and stayed with me for a couple months in my college town. I followed her back to southeast Asia for some work she was doing after I graduated that semester. We did a little work, saw some more places, and banged a couple hookers.

Now she's still over there there finishing her contract and I'm waiting on her in California broke as hell and trying to reassemble my life after spending most of the last 2 years on the road. Might be kind of weird having to have a relationship where we aren't traveling around so much, but I'm in love with the girl and frankly can't imagine having a deeper connection with anyone else again.
>>
File: 98324023496529.jpg (8KB, 300x293px) Image search: [Google]
98324023496529.jpg
8KB, 300x293px
>at home..."all these girls look ugly, I don't want anything to do with them"
>on vacation..."all these girls are beautiful angels, I would move across the world to be with them"

EVERY
FUCKING
TIME

Is there some sort of psychological theory or reason behind this?
>>
>>1036352
Genetic Diversity.

That, or you're just American, so obviously all foreign women seem more desirable.

Could also be the tourist areas having more gorgeous women, whether it's from chums paying for their travel, or beach outfits making them seem more desirable.
>>
>>1036373
I'm not that guy, but America has literally every type of women from everywhere in the world.

What do you mean by "genetic diversity?"
>>
I met a canadian girl in a cruise. It was so nice. Never could talk to her on facebook like I did on the cruise. Don't know if it's me who can't maintain a good conversation on facebook or she who is not interested. I miss that week...
>>
>>1036264

If it's long distance then its either that or get secretly cucked tbh
>>
>>1036374

Don't you know your biology?

When seeking a mate, people are usually attracted to people that are genetically different from themselves. The mix-up of genes causes offspring to have better survival rates. The opposite, that is having too similar genes, is off-putting, and is also part of the reason why well-adjusted people yuck at the thought of incest.
>>
>>1036397
[citation needed]
>>
>>1036185
Faggot.
>>
I met a Japanese girl a couple of weeks ago. Ended up changing my travel plans and staying at her place in Kyoto for 3 days. We keep in touch right now and plan to skype soon to do a language exchange kind of thing. The distance sucks though tbh, especially the different time zones
>>
>>1036260

Pretty much my story. Met mine while she was on an exchange in Canada after I had just recently got back from an exchange in Germany myself. There was something about her. We did an on and off thing travelling twice a year across the pond to spend time together, but we always kept in contact. Since it was fucking expensive, we had no real agreement that we would maintain a relationship tag, and whatever happened, happened. We both dont really believe that long distance relationships work, so rather than give our hopes up, we always planned to have something long term, but never had things in stone.
4 years later, I moved to Germany for work/school, and now we are about 5 hours by train apart. Still shitty, but better than a 1000€ plane ticket. Planning to move a city over from her this December. Hope it works.
>>
I have never changed my travel plans for a love and I hope you're never so naive to do the same.
>>
>>1036428
why?
>>
>>1036401
He's fundamentally right but people on 4chan love to forget that humans also have society to account for not, not just bare animalistic biological behavior.
>>
>>1036264
I don't understand how people are expected to be faithful when separated by long distances and long periods of time. The biological stressor of that, and the other stressors it leads to, is what makes long distance relationship so hard.

Rather than sneaking behind each other's back, or running around stressed and getting mad with each other over petty shit because you aren't getting laid an agreement is made up front. Plus it's not cheating if it's a different area code, let alone a different country. Matter of fact, the woman I am banging locally is married, and her husband knows about me. He is a contractor, currently working in Kuwait, and has his own Filipina he is banging out there.
>>
File: Before Sunrise.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Before Sunrise.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>1036185
>tfw my life isn't directed by Richard Linklater
>>
love is for faggots
>>
>>1036430
Personally, I have bigger fish to fry. I'm on a larger mission with myself and you should be too, this is why I travel. Of course, if everything fits in with your overarching goal, it wouldn't be a bad idea to fall in love. Generally, women are trouble and women are everywhere so I will not change my trajectory to focus on the latest fling, even if it has potential for great love.
>>
>>1036185
I studied overseas, fell in love with a local girl doing kind of the same thing.
We kept in touch for ages after I got back, we had plans to get back together and to get married when we graduated.
It...didn't work out. Mostly because her parents talked her out of it, I think.

I've never gotten over it, I compare every new girl to her, I never forget her and I can't love anyone else.

It's ruined my life.
>>
>>1036441
Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>1036474
it's not about falling in love, but spending two or three days in another city, banging a girl and just spending some time together is nice too. Personally I like to travel at least spontaneously to some degree, where I don't have everything planned out from A to Z so a little change of plans doesn't really matter. Also having a local person show you around is always a good experience imo
>>
>>1036441
Normalfags are weird. I'm so used to going years sexless that the celibacy aspect of a long distance relationship would not be this stressor you imply to be universal. More power to you both, though, for loving each other enough to not allowing either to have a Vitamin P deficiency.
>>
>>1036485
Oh, yeah. Highly recommended.
>>
>>1036352

I think its because they are different.

I'm the same way as you. I live in the US and while on college campus I mostly just ignore the girls there. They are all vapid sluts who are too self centered with secret agendas. Not to mention most of them can't even hold a decent conversation.

But foreign girls just seem so much more interesting to me. Like i actually want to talk to them, and learn about stuff.
>>
File: 0314-gilbert-twitter-gf-split.jpg (59KB, 550x271px) Image search: [Google]
0314-gilbert-twitter-gf-split.jpg
59KB, 550x271px
>>1036185
if you have had fewer than 20 sexual partners, and you "fall in love" with some chick you hooked up with in some skeezy hostel, sorry bud that's not love that's beta desperation and you need to stop putting the pussy on a pedestal.

Sometimes the beta male's greatest obstacle is themselves.
>>
>>1036205
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA bud you are the definition of pitiful beta male. You fuckin banged some probably 7/10 swede and spent 8 months of your life orbiting her, would NOT at all be surprised if she fucked other guys but you were OK with it (you cuck, you). Then you went back to Sweden and realised that it's a boring place where everyone behaves cold and robotic and that fun loving Swede died the moment she returned to that grey rainy rock of a country. And now you are sniffing her bicycle seat and wanking to the memory of mediocre sex, whereas she moved on and is living the boring Svensson life with some boring guy named Rasmus with an OK desk job and a Volvo. What went wrong in your life that causes you to sink so low?

absolutely subhuman beta.
>>1036189
she cucked you and you took her back, fucking scumbag
>>1036196
so basically you met her in a teenage scandinavian fuckfest and you felt it was foundation for a steady relationship. riiiiight.
>>1036223
this autist is the most alpha poster here
>>1036260
>>1036419
C U C K
U
C
K
>>1036308
How much does your Thai mail order bride charge you for a handjob?
>>1036474
yeah so basically you can have any girl you want, you just don't want to. It must be hard chasing away all those pretty girls.
>>
>>1036636
lol, really weird post. you have issues, don't tell us about them here though, none of us care.
>>
>>1036638
seconded, fuck off loser
>>
>>1036634
>calling under 20 partners beta and pedestalizing pussy
stay HIV+ anon

>>1036636
>this autist is the most alpha poster here
thank you based poe/troll, I am the @ut1st
>>
>this is now a containment thread.
>>
>>1036636
You don't belong on this board. We're more mature here.
>>
>>1036185

My parents. They met on a trip from UK to India and kept travelling together in India. Then they got married and had me and my bro and sister.
>>
>>1036533

me too anon me too.
>>
I'm working in Korea and I got my first girlfriend here. We've been together for 3 months. I lost my virginity to her too. I met her at a bar and my Korean friend is the best fucking wingman. Kissed her that night.

When I met her I was dating multiple girls but after our 2nd date I cut out all of the girls because something clicked when I was with her. Her mannerisms are so fucking hnnnnnnnng sometimes.

She lives an hour away so I see her on the weekends.

Things are going well but I'm not sure if I love her. Once my contract ends I'm not sure what I'll do.

I've already met her family and we switch back and forth for which place we stay at.
>>
>>1036762
How long did it take you to fuck her?
I might be going to Korea soon and I just wanna know if all the girls are "no sex before marriage" kinda-strict or whatever.
Thank you.
Lost my virginity to a girl in Japan too, just a quick thing tho but we're still keeping touch.
>>
>>1036351
This actually sounds like love. I don't know her POV, but do you think she misses you as much as you miss her, right now?
Only you know.
But man this sounds like a great time, sorry you have to go back to a regular life. I'm gonna start my renewed adventures again soon, hope I'll meet a cute travel waifu.
>>
I sat next to a beautiful indian girl flying from england to italy
I was too much of an bashful idiot to even introduce myself

She was a smoker though but eh.
>>
>>1036185
I met a really beautiful and sweet Albanian girl when I was in Poland. She was visiting there as a tourist as well. Our conversations were all great and we had fun touring around the city together. She was basically everything I want in a woman.
Then I had to leave early because some troubles at home. Didn't get her number because I had to leave in a hurry and forgot to get her last name as well since I'm the most stupid person alive.
I'm now in pain for the last 2 years.
>>
>>1037150
Damn.

I'm gutted for you mate.
>>
>>1037174
Thanks
I haven't had a gf since her either. I think a girl in where I am likes me and that's about to change but I will never forget her. No other girl will never reach her level either.
Already booked a ticket for Warsaw next year at the same time we visited. She said she really liked the city and that she'd come back if she could, I'll just hope she does some day.
>>
>>1036185

>go on roadtrip from san diego to cancun
>friend wants to stop in small town to say hi to some chick we knew from tijuana
>girl shows up with her hot friend
>these girls need to come with us to mazatlan omg
>convince them (the girl from tj was literally in love with my friend)
>hit it off with hot friend over 5 hour car ride
>have a great time at the club, even better time at the hotel.
>go to beach the next day but its time to leave
>leave girls on a bus and send them home
>continue our journey to cancun
>chat on facebook everyday since we met
>visit eachother a bunch every two months or so
>copious skype sex
>tons of amazing latin american adventures together
>she moves in with me

Everything went better than expected.
>>
>>1036419
Christ, that sounds pathetic. If it was going to happen, it would. Inching your way closer is not your pussy ticket.

>>1036476
Get over it Werther.

>>1036485
This, tbh. I'm in a long-term relationship now, so it's not something I'm doing actively, but that's how I did it before. There were some girls I kept in contact with afterwards, including one I still (nearly 7 years later) write with now and then... but generally I wasn't playing for keeps, exactly because of the /r9k/-tier sob stories displayed here.
>>
>had a hot waitress in Tokyo
>managed to order from her without sweating or dropping spagets

pretty sure it was true love guise
>>
>>1037182
Did you try searching her first name in combination with her country/city on facebook?
>>
>>1037190
I tried everything. Even messaged the people with her name, who didn't have profile pictures, none of them were her. Looked for twitter, instagram etc. as well.
Nothing. It's like she dissappeared from the face of the earth.
>>
>>1037193
shit sorry bro.
keep searching though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPBzTxZQG5Q
>>
>>1037193
Maybe she got kidnapped and is now being sexually trafficked
>>
>>1037194
Fuck, she liked this kind of music as well. This nearly made me shed a tear
I think I'll just get my stock of rakija and vodka and drink until I sleep/pass out while listening to this
>>1037195
I highly doubt it
>>
>>1037196
>I'll just get my stock of rakija and vodka and drink until I sleep/pass out

No. Don't do that.
>>
>>1036776
>Korea soon and I just wanna know if all the girls are "no sex before marriage" kinda-strict or whatever
>Worst Korea
Never been there but I hear it's a third-date place. Unless you meet at a club, then it's sometimes a ONS thing.

>>1036351
>I followed her back to southeast Asia for some work she was doing after I graduated that semester. We did a little work, saw some more places, and banged a couple hookers.

>followed her back to southeast Asia
>We...banged a couple hookers

If you banged the hookers without her then you're obviously not that into her and still want other women.
If you banged hookers WITH her then she's a keeper, pic related, a marriage with wild sex now and then is likely to last longer than one without.
>>
>>1036776
If you're in Seoul I heard girls can be more sexually open than the standard Korean. The club girls can all be on the global one night stand rule.

In my case me and my gf met in Busan. I live in Tongyeong and she lives in Gimhae. Every date kissing and caressing happened but it had to be in somewhat secluded places. Went on 4 dates. On the 4th she took a 2hour bus ride to my place.
>>
I'm actually in that situation right now. I met my girlfriend while living in Chiang Mai for 5 months training Muay Thai. We've now been dating since January and have known each other for a year. She paid for me to fly back to Thailand 2 weeks ago and currently staying with her and her awesome family in Hat Yai. The long distance thing sucks but either I'll move here permanently by August or she'll move to Canada.
>>
>>1037435
>muay thai training
pleb as fuck.

enjoy being a meal ticket.
>>
Randomly ended up hitch-hiking in Kosovo 2 months ago. Pure luck made sure there was a beer fest in the capital city Prishtina the day I arrived. Staying there two days was the best decision ever: I would just walk around drinking beer and random girls would go up to me and ask selfies and flirt. I met many beautiful girls there but one struck me in particular. The weirdest part is I was quite tipsy but it wasn't quite like any other drunk meeting I had.

Within 5 minutes talking her friends told us we'd kiss each other. Unfortunately it didn't happen but we're still in touch. We wrote to each other even if we were both on holiday. Talking to her was like talking to someone I'd always known. She wasn't the most beautiful out there but now I know what chemistry is.
>>
>>1037502
>now I know what chemistry is.
beer + horniness = feelings
>>
>>1037480
She flew him out to thailand thoo lol
>>
Currently in a long-distance relationship with a S. Korean girl who lives in S. Korea. It's hard, but totally worth it. I just wish I could see her more often.
Too bad it ain't that cheap to go there from Europe.
>>
>>1036352
I am attracted to foreign girls as well. The girls at home are not my cup of tea. Most of them are slutty, they cheat on you, can't have a good convo with them.
Foreign girls are so much more interested because I want to learn about their culture, their perspectives and stuff like that you know.
Even foreign girls who are too much mixed into my local race are not really attractive anymore.

I should really get a degree and move out of this shithole country I am living in.
However, when I am talking with foreign men, they are all too interested in the (tall) Dutch girls.
>>
>>1037657
>It's everyone else who sucks and are dumb slutty adulterers
>Foreign girls can't quite tell how much of a loser I am in my home country, therefore they're better.
Right.
>Supreme Gentleman detected
>>
>>1036185

I fell in love with a Russian girl originally from Moscow.

We met there, she studied in London. Did some long distance for a while when she was in Russia and I was in UK. We travelled throughout Europe together. Finally she settled in the UK permanently.

Fast forward and now I call her wife and she calls me husband.

It is possible.

I still miss the carefree days of travelling together when it is all new and fresh. Living together with the monotony of the work week routine and mundane house running tasks does cut the passion down somewhat.

Although saying that this year we have been to Iceland, Ireland, Poland, Israel, Palestine and I have just booked a romantic weekend in Barcelona, then at Christmas we will be going to Russia again and exploring East of Moscow, then doubling back to Minsk, Belarus and flying home from Vilnius, Lithuania where we have friends.

The travelling does ignite the spark again and cut through the everyday shit (except when my mother-in-law tags along -___-)
>>
File: 1442403698716.gif (442KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1442403698716.gif
442KB, 512x384px
>>1037150
>>1037193

Something similar happened with me. She was from South Africa and I meet her in Belgium. We had great time together and I had to leave her for a moment, to help another person, but I was coming back and then, she wasn't there anymore. I didn't ask for her last name, email or anything, but I am a better stalker than you. I found her on Facebook and wrote her a email. She never replied.

She was my first and one love, one of the most important people I have meet in my life, while I was just another random guy she have kissed in her trip.
>>
>>1037533

I wouldn't say so, even though it definitely helps. She is the only one I'm still in touch with. All the others...boom,gone,vanished!
>>
>>1037704
> she wasn't there anymore.
That wasn't an accident.

She wasn't your love, and you're really pathetically inflating her 'importance' to you, considering how disposable (and probably creepy) you were to her.

>in Germany, visiting a friend in student town he lived in.
>Go out at night to some place along a river
>lot of people hang out and drink
>start talking to a group of young qts next to us
>Chatting with this one blonde for like an hour and a half
>small town, so turns out she's like flatmates with a friend of my friend's friend or whatever
>She'd been to my country, really liked it
>things are going nicely, flirting, passed the 'touch barrier'
>invites me to join for dancing at some club her group is planning to go
>Me and friend go inside a bar to piss
>come back literally 2 minutes later
>entire group is simply gone
Fuck. I had got her name, so with a bit of quick facebook stalking found her. I also wrote her, and surprise, no answer. It's like OK you don't owe me anything, but at least have the common decency to answer back.

The next night turned out much more lucky, but whatever, that's a story for a different thread. I've never much played for keeps when travelling.
>>
>>1037743
samefag here.

Several years back, I did once email back and forth with a girl for a year and a half that I met when travelling (she was a local, I the traveller). Very pretty Lithuanian girl living in Berlin since she was young. She was young and sincere, 'innocent' you might say (I was, I guess, kinda 'beta' at the time, still finding my feet).

I was in Berlin for a week, met her on my third night there at a club. We managed to sneak in two more 'dates' before I left. She even saw me off to the train station.

There was romantic tension, and she encouraged me several times to find some way to move to Berlin. However, she was too pretty to stay single and bother with e-mail semi-romances. Her english was OK, but not great, and my German non-existent. In hindsight, we were both obviously naive. I actually did come to Germany again, but when I did she then confessed she was seeing someone. It didn't last, and really none of her relationships have -- 2 years has been the longest IIRC. Call me biased, but most of her bfs seem the same tall slick handsome type, but idiots.

8 years later (I was 23, she was 19 when we met), we do still chat occasionally. There were a few years where she stopped answering me, then had a social media black out and I kinda moved on. But one day I emailed her out of the blue... and she was happy to connect again, and apologized for not answering me, etc.

I have a good stable relationship now, but honesty... she's maybe the one girl I would take the chance to go balls deep in, if I could no strings. She's hot (probably a touch superficial, tbh), and we've always had some chemistry. Unfortunately, I know we couldn't be in a relationship... She knows I'm in one for starters, and well... I've advanced in my studies and career, in a good place. She still works in the same drugstore as when we first met. She finished a Bachelor a couple years ago, but just scraped through after many extra semesters, and (sadly) seems directionless.
>>
>>1037704
Bahahaha you guys are great at making me feel good about my misfortunes.

Who the fuck falls in love with a chick that ditches you when you go to the bathroom and wont even give you the time of day on facebook?
>>
>>1037197
Well I'm fine now. Thanks for your concern though
Forgot that I wrote here before browsing /trv/ again
>>1037704
She ditched you? Sorry but I feel like she didn't like you to begin with. Are you sure you got the right signals?
>>
File: 43ddDwa.jpg (42KB, 533x594px) Image search: [Google]
43ddDwa.jpg
42KB, 533x594px
>>1037704
>first and one love, one of the most important people I have meet in my life
>>1037743
>have the common decency to answer back
>>1037753
>your entire rant about 2 years not being a lasting relationship, and thinking struggling to earn a bachelor's and having a proletarian job makes someone beneath you

pic related to all the above
>>
>>1037843
I'm >>1037753. I think you misunderstood. My 'rant' was nothing about how long a lasting relationship is or not. I'm saying simply her longest by far was 2 years (which is honestly not THAT long). You want all the details? They were on-again-off-again several times before breaking up for good (i.e. not stable). Most of her relationships seem to be duds that don't last more than a few months. I know she wants 'The One'. So that kinda shit is fine when you're 21, but approaching your 30s is a sign that your actions or mate selection criteria need some recalibration.

I don't think she's beneath me, or I wouldn't still be in touch with her. My point was that I think we've just diverged too much. I've realized that it's hard for us to have 'deep' convos anymore. I've changed a lot since we first met, certainly explored a lot more of the world, and she's just kinda... still in the same place.

She herself said she wanted to quit uni, didn't like she was studying, but realized she should have at least a bachelor. She struggled because she's not stupid, but a little directionless and short-sighted or naive, not taking concrete steps to reach her goals.

Finally, I never said anything about a 'proletarian' job. I don't care where she works, she's content enough. But 8 years at a minimum wage job, after uni especially, is frankly a bit sad. She's capable of something more challenging, and honestly she's pretty enough to let that get her ahead as well.

Anyway, she's just that old fish that got away.
>>
>>1037855
I didn't misunderstand shit. You just said 2 years is not that long, which is our first point of contention. You call it divergence, I question why, and you criticize directionlessness.

You very much highlighted her job as proletarian, then called it sad.

You're full of shit and we're going to continue disagreeing no matter how much damage control back pedaling you do, so let's not beat this horse dead.
>>
File: vivianmaier_05.jpg (89KB, 621x620px) Image search: [Google]
vivianmaier_05.jpg
89KB, 621x620px
>>1037861
I know plenty of couples my age who've been together for nearly 10 years, some even longer than that. I've been in my current one for over 5. So I really don't see 2 years as long (especially when it's on/off several times), but basement dwellers like your will obviously have a different POV. One evening would already breaking your personal record, huh? Suit yourself.

Otherwise you're not really making sense.

>You very much highlighted her job as proletarian
Yea? Show me exactly where. Don't put words in my mouth, cockgobbler. I highlighted the fact she's still in the same job 8 years later, which is kinda sad because I know she's tired of it, and is capable of more. I didn't make any references to class struggle.

A lack of direction in life is indeed something to be critical of. Deal with it.

I'm really just amused that YOU seem to care this much. It's not damage control to tell you that you obviously do not know (and cannot know) what you're talking about. Now fuck off, loser.
>>
>>1037873
nice ad hominems all around. I'm not calling 2 years a marathon relationship, but it's nothing to brush off unless you're an arrogant fucking prick.
>Don't put words in my mouth, cockgobbler
I didn't, you downed her for a job that is by definition proletarian in character. You didn't have to use the P word for me to call you out on it.
>A lack of direction in life is indeed something to be critical of.
wikipedia: assertion fallacy
>I'm really just amused that YOU seem to care this much
I care enough to call out bullshit artists. What do you even mean I cannot know, and how does calling me a loser bolster your argument?
>>
>>1037878
lel

Again, you're putting words in my mouth and trying to re-write my own life history. Nah. You cannot know, you can't 'win', so why bother?

Go back to wikipedia or tumblr with your assumptions and Marxist bullshit buzzwords, kid. They might look better on your Phil 101 essay. You can write about how living a directionless unfulfilled life is something to be proud of and aspire to. Write what you know, right? You're so full of it, you might even just convince your teacher.
>>
>>1037878
I'm with this guy. You called her direction less for working at the same drug store. You're a tad judgemental man. I get that she might not be for you but you'd be lying if you said there wasn't judgement in your tone.
>>
>>1037890 You keep digging your hole as a judgmental dick deeper, without my even having had to employ buzz words. Using the word "kid" after your initial cringe worthy post just makes you seem like the Navy SEAL copypasta at this stage. tumblr is full of shit, no disagreement from me there, but I already "won" by not being in school currently for having retired on my 24th birthday. So much for being without direction or fulfillment. I ain't the one who's full of it, and I fucking told you several posts ago that

>>1037861
>You're full of shit and we're going to continue disagreeing no matter how much damage control back pedaling you do, so let's not beat this horse dead.

have some respect for the congenial tone of /trv/ and STFU already
>>
>>1037891
I called her directionless overall, not (only) because of her career choices. Not because of what it is, or where she figures in the Class Struggle, but because it's a dead-end job she started before even studying. Obviously that's "judgmental", in that it's impossible not to "judge" people you care about and want to see better themselves, to feel actualized and fulfilled, which the job is not. THIS IS WHAT SHE HERSELF SAYS. Fucks sake, is this /r9k/ or /trv/?

'Judgmental' attitudes are a healthy and completely normal part of life and motivation cycles. Deal with it.
>>
>>1037893
You started the shit flinging kid, and you're welcome to stop derailing at any time.

The rest of your angry rant doesn't really make sense, like the one before it. Put down the liquor, drunk posting on 4chan is pretty lame.
>>
>>1037899
>coming to 4chan
>getting called out for being a dumbass
>calling it shit flinging
>>
>>1036701
oh look its the little Real Traveler virgin bitch who speaks for the whole board! Why are you posting outside of japan general, nerd?
>>
File: BrU5KY-CUAEXa49.jpg (36KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
BrU5KY-CUAEXa49.jpg
36KB, 500x333px
>>1037913
>>
>>1037901
The only dumbass I see here is you, tbqh. At least have the balls to own up to your shit flinging.
>>
I'm just started travelling but I hop I'll fall in love !

Happy or not your storys are nice bro'.
>>
>>1037890
Bahahahaha this guy has so much to prove, every post is more cringeworthy than the last. I just imagine him f5ing the shit out of this thread, ready to call that other guy a kid a few more times.

I think what bothers you the most is that you arent even good enough for this girl thats worked at a drug store for 8 years and you know it. You like to act like you could be with her whenever you want, but the reality is that she doesnt want you, and youve been hung up on her all this time.

Does your girlfriend of 5 years know you settled?
>>
>>1036185
My current girlfriend did a summer abroad in the states, where I met her. We fell in love pretty quickly. She's now back home in the Dominican republic. We're trying to make it work and both pretty deeply in love. We've figured it out where we're going to see each other for a week or two, every couple of months. She's flying back to the states in december.
>>
yeah I was with my fiance travelling through Peru

we went hiking one day, I got fed up with my fiance being a faggot so faked an injury and went back with one of the guides

he fucked my brains out, and fell in love with him (well, his cock more than his personality) and we still cyber occasionally on facebook
>>
>>1038279
if you try to make a meme joke at least get the story straight

the cucked guy had the injury so there's no way the girl faked it
>>
File: bait-noregrets.jpg (81KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait-noregrets.jpg
81KB, 625x626px
>>1038016
>that other guy
There was like 10-15 minutes between replies on both sides, no need to mash f5 you silly samefag.

Your interpretation misses the mark. 'Good enough' isn't a factor on either side. We're clearly too different people to be romantically compatible, with different interests and tastes. I'm not her type, and she's not mine, which the passage of time has only made more clear. Had we somehow ever dated, I am (with the power of hindsight) extremely doubtful it would have lasted. Doesn't bother me, I was simply recounting a 'travel love' story, the purpose of this thread. What have you contributed but shitposting?

Not sure how you get me 'settling' for my current gf. We'll probably be married within a year or two, but that's a completely different story.

Stay mad, beta sperglord.
>>
>>1038279
Fail
>>
>>1038279
Anyone have the screenshot of this? Too funny
>>
>>1036397
no, people like those who look more like themselves and you're completely wrong about the "well-adjusted people aren't attracted to their siblings"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_sexual_attraction
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westermarck_effect

you're wrong about everything
>>
>>1038364
So how many times did you and your sister fuck? How old were you when you first fantasized about her sucking you off?
>>
>>1038370
>>
File: 14izjoj.jpg (88KB, 603x900px) Image search: [Google]
14izjoj.jpg
88KB, 603x900px
>>1036397
>>1036401
>>1036437
Ok here is what he is saying,
Biologically , yes we are predisposed to find people with "opposite" genetic indicators. Such as different colored skin/height/features/ etc etc.

But What he says about society is true, and this is such a hard thing to explain but let me say this :

There is a reason alot of east asian women who are born and raised in their respective countries , will date a foreigner for a long time. years even. But they will almost always leave that foreigner so they can appease their parents (societal pressure) and family, And they will marry a man from their own race/culture.

Society plays a huge part but at the end of the day, any well adjusted human will find someone that looks like their family, Unattractive, and somebody who looks "opposite" to family members, Attractive.
>>
>>1038335
>samefag
implying
>beta sperglord
Danth's Law
>>
>>1038378
Amerifat here. An old high school friend of mine is a Korean/American girl (born there, but lived here since she was 6). She had a black (!) boyfriend all throughout highschool and into college. He was actually a genuinely good person. Raised by two successful parents, star player of our school's baseball team, but also academically gifted, humble, good-humoured, respectful, did charity work, was freaking vegetarian, and all around great guy tbqh. He got a scholarship (not athletic, and not affirmative action) to study law. He is in fact now a lawyer doing stuff for disabled people, ffs. Almost makes you want to hate him he was so damn successful and all-around Good™, but then you realize you'd be the miserable ass-wipe for doing so. Just couldn't hate this guy.

But a couple years into college and she had to dump him, because the entire time he was a secret from her parents. She said her parents might literally kill her, but would 100% definitely disown her if they ever knew she was dating a black guy. She had a few terrifying close calls, and every attempt to gently bring a mixed-race topic into conversation during TV shows or such was met with such strong reactions, she just couldn't tell her parents.

So they broke up, and the only reason was that she knew she could never legitimize the relationship with her family. This was several years ago. She didn't date anyone for nearly 3 years afterwards, but she's now engaged to a Chinese-American guy, lol. Her parents were apparently not happy at first, but I guess him being Asian (and a rich computer nerd) is close enough.

tl;dr -- Korean families are racist.
>>
>>1038394
well at least the chink is going to be cucked by some really nice juicy black cock in the near future
>>
>>1038399
sorry, I ninja-reposted to fix a typo.

As for being cucked, well, who knows. AFAIK she's only ever dated 3 guys in her entire life, and we're both 30 now.
>>
>>1038398
What funny is, maybe beacuse of all of teh Army bases, how many Koreans that date black guys, and Korean/black mixed peoplel you see around Atlanta and throughout Georgia.
>>
>>1038398
We had the privilege and joy to be in wonderful Ohio at that time (I don't live there anymore), where I guess it's just a little less common.
>>
>>1038335

I already told my love story turdburglar (i can call u names too hurrrr) and im still with her because i made it work instead of wistfully thinking about her 8 years later, penpalling via email in the sad hope that i still have a shot, while i cry myself to sleep next to the uggo i settled with.

The difference between you and me is that i knew what i wanted and made it work. You will never have that satisfaction, but at least youre winning the rat race, right?
>>
>>1038398
They are less racist to whites though. My girlfriend had no problem introducing me to her family. We all sang 노래방 together. I come over every 2 weeks.
>>
>>1036185
I met a girl who was visiting my country.

We dated for a few months, and she left on good terms.

I started dating someone else soon after we left, but we remained friends.

She visited again a few years later, and we had friend sex a bit.

She suggested i come visit her country, so i did. Rented a room in her apt for a year, and she was the most horrible housemate ive ever had.

No longer in contact with her.

While i was over there, i met a girl whos from my hometown, and we have now been dating for 4 years.
>>
>>1038398
>tl;dr -- Korean families are racist.

And? You come from the most racist country in the world. Of course no one likes you.
>>
>>1036636
>the boring Svensson life with some boring guy named Rasmus with an OK desk job and a Volvo.

lol
>>
>>1038477
Lol

And I mean that truly, I laughed out loud. Congrats, you're so hilariously full of shit and presumptuous as fuck. It only reveals more about you.

Go back to OP and double-check the point of this thread, shitposter. I recounted a story from my past. You're the one confusing it with pining or whatever. I've made it abundantly clear I have no interest in her today.

We talk over facebook (new year, birthdays), because that's how it works in 2015. Earlier we emailed because we lived 6000km apart until I moved to Europe (a small part of which was inspired by meeting her), asswipe. I guess you're a big man and sent your toenail clippings and cumshots by snail mail? Good for you.

My current girlfriend is a good objective solid 8/10, but perfect for me tbqh. Curly blonde hair, green eyes, just the way I like it. I met her here, a 'foreign' country and have stayed here because. She's intelligent (finishing her PhD next year), sane and stable, a talented musician, speaks three languages, GGG, white as a snowflake, can't really ask for more. Since you know nothing of my current relationship, or the difference between me and you (another laughable attempt at ego stroking by yourself), you only make yourself look like an asshat by mouthing off. I get paid (well) 40 hours a week, but only 'work' for real about 24-30 on average, and don't have to sit at a desk all day. My boss and co-workers are total bros. My office is about a 10 minute walk away, I get 6 weeks vacation a year. I think I'm about as far from the rat race as I can be, it's pretty sweet.

Now wipe the sand out of your vagina, have a good long think about why your fragile ego needs to have a pissing contest, and have the balls to link to your story or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>1038585
The 'most racist country in the world' where the most number of mixed-race people in the world live (apart from maybe Brazil). I think the fact most of the world wants to move here says it all. Stay mad, yellow fever third-worlder.
>>
File: 2013-07-31.png (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
2013-07-31.png
29KB, 500x500px
>>1038730
>your fragile ego needs to have a pissing contest
pic related. do you realize several people are criticizing you, and that you are feeding the troll?
>>
>>1038771
Nah, it's quite obviously one samefag, maybe two. I didn't start the pissing contest, and I'm *not* viewing this as a pissing contest, that's the difference here. I haven't made ridiculously presumptuous romantic-characteristic summaries about anyone. Is your sense of self-worth so pathetic, your life so hollow, that being a troll on /trv/, and bragging about shit no one asked is so necessary? Think about the steps you've made to come to this sad point in your life.

>here's an old story /trv/
>FUCK YOU HAHA LOSER, U SUCK, I AM BETTER!!
>...What? grow up
>HURR DURRF I TROLL YOOOOOU! IRONY U RUDE STUPID HYPOCRITE!
Lol, hah, that's your defence? Please just kill yourself.
>>
I did Erasmus in Italy so I have a few stories

I went to Bologna for 3 or so days and met a perfect qt Portuguese girl. I totally fell for her, we stayed up until 5am going from bar to bar dancing, talking, me trying to hit on her all night, and we finally kissed. It was a lot like Before Sunrise, but we didn't fuck. I never saw her again, but we wrote to each other every day for like 6 months. Then it kind of faded out, but I plan to write to her when I'm in Bologna again.

This summer I met a French girl, she was wayyy more into me than I was into her. I just fucked with her because I was depressed about another girl and wanted some company. Probably a dick move, but we both had fun. I'm ignoring most of her texts now.

Then I met an Albanian girl studying in Italy, we both like each other a lot, but she has a bf that she feels like she needs to be with (it's her first bf, lost her virginity to him). If she will break up with him, I'd probably move back to Italy to be with her.
>>
>>1037150
what was her name bro? I met a qt Albanian too, but got to know her, we had a good time together.
>>
>>1038732
No one wants to live in America.

Everywhere i travel, people shit all over USA.

Every time i travel to USA, i cant wait to leave. People are so uneducated and racist. All they talk about is consumerist shit, and they cant hold up a conversation about anything meaningful.
>>
>>1038973
Elvisa kek. Albanians have weird names man. She also knew it was weird as she joked about it a little as well. Though I don't think she'd want to change it since she had strong connections with her family.
What was the name of the girl you've met? I hope everything was okay with you
>>
>>1036185
i met a girl on a high school trip to europe. we hooked up the entire trip and remained pen pals and talked on the phone. pre internet! she was 14, i was 16. we spent the next decade crossing the country to see each other.she lived in denver, i lived in micigan. i moved to oregon in 1997 with another girl and my friend was up at evergreen in olympia. we never got together after the ninties but were still friends to this day. she lives in new york and is a college professor. good times.
>>
>>1038969 there's no reason to troll a person who gets this mad this easily
>>
>>1039017
lmao you sure it was Elvisa bro? the girl I met was called Elvina. describe her.
>>
>>1039062
Yep I'm definetely sure m8
Light brown to blonde hair, brown eyes, tanned white skin, about 1.60 height
>>
>>1039069
ah okay. the girl I know is 1.7m, light brown to dark brown hair, brown eyes, pale white skin. she has a gap between her two front teeth which is really cute, but she hates it. we're meeting each other again in a few months.
>>
>>1039070
Ah, she sounds beautiful. Good luck with her m8
And don't forget to get her surname if you already don't know kek
>>
>>1039071
yeah, I've got it. I actually had a similar situation. The day we met, I could tell there was something between us but I never asked for her number. I ended up getting lucky and finding her on fb, then we met up a few times, watched movies, talked forever, eventually fucked. I would have stayed with her for a while, but she had a bf (which she never told me about until a friend of hers brought it up). I told her if she broke up with him I'd come straight back to be with her, but it's her first bf so she is pretty clueless at this. If she doesn't break up with him, I'll get over it, it her loss as much as mine.
>>
>>1039072
She's still with her bf? Damn, I don't think I'd be able to still go out with someone if I knew that.
It doesn't bother you?
>>
>>1039073
yeah once I found out I stopped fucking her. She's not happy with him (sexually, and she's complains how clingy he is, how much of a pussy he is) but feels like she needs to be with him for some reason (I don't really know why). Maybe she'll leave him soon.
>>
>>1039075
Yep, I hope the issue resolves soon as well. Something's bound to happen if she complains that much
And again, good luck m8
>>
>>1039079
ty m8, you too.
>>
>>1038585
>You come from the most racist country in the world.
>america
is this a joke? western countries are extremely accepting compared to other countries. prove to me other races wouldn't commit the same, or worse, atrocities to different races if they had as much power as us
>>
>>1037480
Yep. Her meal ticket. Funny how she paid for my flight, her family treats me to dinner at least 3-4x per week and cooks all my meals. I've spent less than 3000 baht on food in 3 weeks and most of that was while we spent 3 days in phuket.
>>
File: itrollu.png (85KB, 762x1260px) Image search: [Google]
itrollu.png
85KB, 762x1260px
>>1039030
>heehee huff derrfff I trolled you!
The words of someone totally rekt. I'm not 'mad', I'm 'amused'. Nice to see you backpedal though and have nothing to say.

pic related, it's literally you. get back to /b/.
>>
>>1039069
>>1039070
Funny, when I was in Albania, I had a great threesome with two girls named Elvisa and Elvina. Both dirty eager sloots. 69'd each other, then piled them on top of each other and take turns poking both from the rear. Next morning they begged me to take 'em up the poopshoots. Last I saw them, they were wiping splooge out of their butt holes while I dropped 20€ on a coffeetable.

>>1039075
>Maybe she'll leave him soon for some anon in another country
lel

>>1039210
>facepalm.gif
>>
File: tbh fam.png (37KB, 1551x336px) Image search: [Google]
tbh fam.png
37KB, 1551x336px
>ITT
>>
>>1037435
>tfw I am forbidden to go to Hat Yai because I am US Military

One downside of being in, as far as foreign travel, is that you literally have to ask permission from the Commander Foa region (i.e. PACCOM for Thailand) and a country to enter. And depending on the country, some areas may be off limits (i.e. Southern Thailand because of the terrorist Muzzies) and you may have to have to undergo additional training (i.e. anti-terrorism, STD, and Human trafficking and sexual exploitation for Thailand) and submit a threat protection/anti terrorism travel plan, and submit ISOPREP (antibiotics system so if you get kidnapped they have information to properly identify you, including a safe word for proof of life.

It's actually easier to travel to some Arab countries, like Bahrain, than Thailand, and some that you think would be fine like UAE, are off limits all together.
>>
>>1039274
>UAE

But if you're on ship you can pull into port and have liberty there just fine, but can't travel independently
>>
>>1039229
ladies and gentleman: Danth's Law
>>
>>1039274
Fucked up thing is, Hat Yai is pretty damn safe. I could understand Yala or Narathiwat regions, but Songkhla seems fine.

I'm a former Marine, with a very visible tattoo on my right forearm identifying it. Never had nothing but smiles from people. People are more surprised to see a farang this far south than anywhere else (I rarely see foreigners here and when I do, it's usually at Central Festival or a farang bar/restaurant).
>>
>>1039346
Oh and I know that Hat Yai has been bombed but they haven't really targeted civilians or tourists. Plus they have security virtually everywhere where they search cars, bikes and metal detectors everywhere.
>>
>>1039328
Ladies and gentlemen, an 8 year old poster. If you're going to quote obscure /v/ memes, at least do it right.
>shitposter shitposts
>gets called on it, can't defend himself at all
>"hurr I trolled you durr! Danth's law, Danth's law, I called Danth's law no touchbacks! I won!"

Christ, just quit already.
>>
>>1039346
I'm the dude that was complaining about not being allowed to go to Southern Thailand and having to get clearance for foreign travel. I happen to be in the Marines. What's up with Marine's and Thailand? Sailor's too, but they have an excuse.
>>
>>1039424
>Christ, just quit already.
this is what the board has been telling you for about a week now, and danth isn't uniquely /v/

>guy goes full navy seal
>gets BTFO on all points
>continues chimping
>called on danthing
>posts "ignorant opinion" troll jpg as his closing argument
>>
>>1039718
>the board
This has been entirely your alone own dick-waving chimp out from the start, just follow the thread it's easy to see where all the presumptions and hostility came from. For what purpose, you alone know. How you have 'won' anything here is, again, alone in your imagination.

Do you even know what you're shitposting about? Why do you even come to /trv/?

The rest of your greentext is a reasonably accurate summary of your behaviour though, good job.
>>
File: 1417234589637.png (69KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1417234589637.png
69KB, 250x250px
>>1039718
>>1039738
both of you: pic related
>>
>>1037653
...why? Do you guys have plans to visit each other? Otherwise end it.
>>
>>1039830
The fact that he wishes he could visit more often infers he visits. Step up your reading comprehension game.
Thread posts: 155
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.