[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't no one talking about this figure? The quality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: 77878897.jpg (135KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
77878897.jpg
135KB, 1200x630px
Why isn't no one talking about this figure? The quality far exceeds other black series figures and puts many expensive japanese toy lines to shame.
>>
>>6516479
Rey is a shitty character.
>>
>>6516479
Mostly because it's two years late. I'd have 100% bought it if it was available when TFA was out. But sixty bucks is a hard fucking sell this far out for something that was window dressing for like a minute.

The rotj speeders were cool enough on their own, and even those shelfwarmed. Rey and luke's are infinitely derpier.
>>
>>6516479
Back to the general anon.

t. wants one but can't be bothered to order it.

>>6516501
this. Fuck TFA Luke.
>>
>>6516509
>this. Fuck TFA Luke.
What? I meant the ANH landspeeder.
>>
>>6516479
I don't know about quality. It's definitely too late. They should have done cloth on Rey from the beginning, and now that they've done it they failed to pack her with an unmasked head. And the $40 premium for the speeder is a joke when the paint has no subtleties and it's essentially a brick. This all smack of money grab.

And on top of it all, she's already shelfwarming while Luke disappeared in the course of a day. In both cases they should have learned from Mattel's 60's Batman Batcave and Batmobile sets: don't try to sell kiddy shit as an adult collectible.
>>
>>6516511
>TFA Luke
>Mostly because it's two years late.

It's finally here and I just don't care enough to get it.
The ANH landspeeder is pretty nice but tranny luke is awful. It costs too much for what it is.
>>
>>6516479
I ordered it. Out of everything in TFA, I really loved Rey's desert gear/outfit and her popsicle speeder, but not everyone cares for it so it's hardly a surprise it's not being talked about.

Also I have to ask, are her goggles removable? Not that it's crucial since I like the fully covered look, but it almost looks like it can be removed.
>>
>>6516591
They aren't removable, glued on from the sides.

>>6516525
Speeder has some subtleties like the dints on the front grills, shiny oil/fluid on the engine parts, some damage on the top of the vehicle. But the saturated orange kinda overshadows all the nice paint work done on it, I'll admit.
>>
I got the Mafex Rey. Cute face, comes with the scavenger head, an x-wing helmet she can wear, swappable hands and gloves... yeah, I dont need any other TFA Rey.
>>
>>6516479
that disgusting Mold flash though.
>>
>>6516479
>puts many expensive japanese toy lines to shame.

By which I assume you mean the face sculpt, which as usual you're placing far too much importance on. The cloth looks terrible, like shes wearing an oversized cosplay costume, the materials are shitty and the non existent articulation means she only looks passable standing upright like that.

And how much is this compared to the Mafex/Figuarts?
>>
>>6516509
In fairness, the general is nothing but shitting on the sequel movies and discussing racism in Hollywood. It basically has no reason to exist, people in it rarely discuss Star Wars figures and if this was posted there, it'd be turned into a discussion about Reys character.
>>
File: sebulba podracer.jpg (80KB, 1024x879px) Image search: [Google]
sebulba podracer.jpg
80KB, 1024x879px
>>6517107
>characters looking like they shouldn't isn't that important
>downplay the fact the toy is super poseable
>implying it's a McStatue because another brand can do an extra 10° of motion

Not sure why OP is surprised no one is talking about a dull marysue and her popsicle.
I'd rather have a Pod Racer.
>>
>>6517126
Looking like the character they're based on is important, but certain threads here get bogged down in judging high res close ups, only to realise when they see the figure in person that it's not as bad as they thought based on said photos.

Japanese brands can do a lot more than an extra 10 degrees of motion. I'm admittedly unfamiliar with this figure, but how does it look holding the lightsaber in her signature stance? Does she even have enough range to hold the lightsaber infront of her face? Or just in two hands?
>>
File: sdcc-tlj-rey4.jpg (126KB, 1050x1400px) Image search: [Google]
sdcc-tlj-rey4.jpg
126KB, 1050x1400px
>>6517191
>trusting people who already spent their money before ever touching their toy to have an unbiased opinion
And the fact that there are more than a few people who even consider buying toys they themselves think are mediocre just because they dont like anything else is very telling.

Also, Rey has a signature stance?
Google brings up a lot of randomness and the majority aren't even of her holding it two handed.
Wait, do ANY Star Wars characters have a signature stance with a lightsaber?
>>
>>6517216
There are defined lightsaber stances and styles and breakdowns of who uses them, but I'm not quite enough of a Star Wars nerd to know what they're called. You can probably read about them on Wookiepedia.
>>
>>6517216
Can she hold it at a less awkward angle?

>And the fact that there are more than a few people who even consider buying toys they themselves think are mediocre just because they dont like anything else is very telling.

Usually it's because they're already locked into pre-orders and then become disheartened with all the shitflinging that goes on here, only to realise it was all a major over reaction by people like you, in an attempt to make shittier figures feel more worth while.

>Also, Rey has a signature stance?
Pretty much all the Jedi have a specific stance they fall into, but I was referring to the way she holds it in all the promo material.
>>
>>6516479
>Why isn't no one talking about this figure?
Because it has no figure to speak of.
>>
>>6517216
She looks so derpy. Saw one in GameStop and the torso was all jacked up. They really meed to do that new Marvel Legend dot-matrix thing on these.
>>
File: rey-lightsaber.jpg (40KB, 640x363px) Image search: [Google]
rey-lightsaber.jpg
40KB, 640x363px
>>6517224
>>6517233
So basically any of the random photos found on google then? Or are we going to pretend that only you know the real one?
I'm not seeing a pattern at all and a lot of them are not hard ot replicate even for the shitty 5PoA figures.

>Usually it's because ...
So because people who decided not to get a toy because it looked bad in the promos and still have all those bad qualities in review images spoke badly about it, and the people who went all in on their blind preorders decide to overreact and try to defend their purchase staunchy, that makes their failed horse race bet on Lasty a great choice?
hah.
>>
>>6517248
Uh, no. A random pose is different from how she's depicted in every piece of promotional material. But if you can make her hold the saber like in the picture you posted and not off at an awkward angle, that'd be something.

And no, people overreact. Seeing a six inch figure in person is very different than seeing it in all these high-res close ups that capture small imperfections. You're the only person trying to justify your purchases by desperately defending these shitty black series figures at every opportunity.
>>
>>6516479
Cause 65$ isn't worth it.
>>
File: Rey-Builds-New-Lightsaber.jpg (36KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
Rey-Builds-New-Lightsaber.jpg
36KB, 600x316px
>>6517461
>A random pose is different from how she's depicted in every piece of promotional material. But if you can make her hold the saber like in the picture you posted and not off at an awkward angle, that'd be something.
OH, so you're going to pretend only you know what's official, despite the fact that using stills from the movies have always been used as official promo material and there's a ton of images just having it randomly hold it whatever which way?

>people overreact.
No shit?
>Seeing a six inch figure in person is very different than seeing it in all these high-res close ups that capture small imperfections.
It's a good thing i'm able to see almost every toy mentioned on /toy/ in person.
>You're the only person trying to justify your purchases by desperately defending these shitty black series figures at every opportunity.
I'm not defending any purchase, because i sure as fuck haven't made any, and I'd like to point out this statement i made previously
>the fact that there are more than a few people who even consider buying toys they themselves think are mediocre just because they dont like anything else is very telling.
It's like getting two rancid hot dogs, one from Burger King and the other from Panda King. A normal person would throw both away and buy a salad instead, but one guy loves Panda King so much that he'll wolf it down and say it's the greatest thing ever.
No one should trust this retard, yet here you are defending his "rational" choice.
/toy/ is full of these people.

Also, this seems to be her most popular lightsaber stance
>>
>>6517114
This, it's shit.

>>6517216
The original figure could just hold the iconic moment pose but you had to force it. Is that oicture ahiwing it forced? Or has Hasbro fixed it thia time around?
Why they don't include double jointed elbows for light saber wielders is beyond me.
>>
>>6517828
>Why they don't include double jointed elbows for light saber wielders is beyond me.
hinged shoulders would be much better.
>>
>>6517830
It would but then you've got to change the way the articulation works and so pump money into it.

It would be more realistic with both but for now I'll take the elbows.
>>
Damn it, I was waiting for Robo's review on this because I wanted to see how well mafex Rey works with the speeder and he didn't do it.
That really is the only reason I would buy this
>>
>>6516479
>puts many expensive japanese toy lines to shame

This is what subject anon actually believes.
>>
File: LaughingMrBurns.gif (2MB, 176x144px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingMrBurns.gif
2MB, 176x144px
>>6516479
>and puts many expensive japanese toy lines to shame.
>>
File: bandai-obiwan03.jpg (129KB, 550x790px) Image search: [Google]
bandai-obiwan03.jpg
129KB, 550x790px
>>6517742
>OH, so you're going to pretend only you know what's official

No? I was asking if she can hold the lightsaber the way she's been depicted in all of the new promotional material. From what I gather, the answer is that she can't even hold it in two hands at a straight angle, let alone the poses she does in posters, etc, so your claim of "Japanese figures only 10 degrees better articulation" is bullshit, since not only can they hold the lightsabers in natural positions, they can actually replicate poses and stances.
>>
>2017
>people still fall for subjectacuck's bullshit
/toy/ never changes, huh.
>>
>>6518485
>From what I gather, the answer is that she can't even hold it in two hands at a straight angle, let alone the poses she does in posters
Almost all reviewers don't actually test this though.
Pretty much the only place we see pose offs is on image boards, because the vast majority of reviewers don't care.

And since most of /toy/ doesn't care about Rey, we'll be lucky if anyone even posts their own figure, let alone pose it here.
>>
>>6516497
fpbp
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.