[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Lamilly ever take off the same way Barbie did?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0534.jpg (30KB, 260x432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0534.jpg
30KB, 260x432px
Why didn't Lamilly ever take off the same way Barbie did?
She's basically a healthier version of Barbie.
>>
On the off chance this isn't bait...
Prohibitive pricing and shitty quality of the actual doll and clothes.

For further opinions you can ask on the fashion doll thread.
>>
she's boring
>>
>>6513747
Because mathematical average and actual 'average' are not the same thing and the creator is a fuckin idiot for going about it the way he did.

Ok so the thing about women, and humans in general, is we have body shapes based on our bone structure and genetic predisposition to accumulate fat and muscle in certain areas. Lammily's creator disregarded all that and instead just took statistics, ran them through his computer, shooped a Barbie to fit those statistical averages, and called it a day. Thus, Lammily looks like a fucking dwarf nude. She looks like someone took Barbie's torso, melted it somewhat, and put Skipper's limbs and head back on it. It doesn't look good nude and has to be very carefully dressed to not go full Quasimodo. Which is unfortunate because obviously the idea behind it was good, as Mattel is making a fucking killing.

Look at this chart, and look at the Fashionista line right now. Almost all women, despite how fat/slim they are, fit somewhere on this chart unless they are seriously malformed. And so do the Fashionistas. Tall Barbie is a lean column, Petite and Regular are somewhere between column and hourglass, and Curvy is a pear. All their proportions fit and make sense (barring the cartoon heads and small feet that all dolls seem to have). They even share some measurements between them, like Curvy and Regular having similar busts. You could see these proportions as being a regular human on a street and not think it weird, but if you saw Lammily you'd probably think she had some kind of major birth defect.

Plus Mattel did a good job of not only making the different body types but making many skin/hair/face sculpt combos available for reasonable prices. Honestly other than some wonky paint apps and fashion choices, the only issue anyone seems to have with these new girls is the lack of articulation, which seems like its Mattel's next step.
>>
>>6513747
lamilly is cute! cute!
>>
Also the doll had shitty articulation and sat like a fucking sailor while her feet and hands kept falling off cuz the guy was an idiot who marketed his shit based on a 3d render rather than an actual prototype, and didn't want to add better articulation because people expected the doll to have seamless joints from the only images he posted.

Not to mention the doll has fucked up human proportions with an extra long torso, short arms and dwarven legs, it's no wonder people were repulsed by the actual product when it looked nothing like the 3d render at $25 a pop.

Also the clothing packs are $15-$35. Who the fuck wants to spend $40+ for a doll that can't fit anything worn by other dolls and can only wear frumpy expensive shit.
>>
It was never really intended for or marketed towards kids or parents, just for bloggers by bloggers with media contracts.
>>
>>6514067

Is this CG vs Real? Because that's way off.
>>
>>6513747

I always though her proportions were great. I wish more toys looked like that to be honest. It just seemed that she didn't come with enough cool stuff. They should've used the base body but on some crazy themed line like Monster High. Make them all Amazons or superheroes or something.
>>
>>6516033
She lost weight
>>
>>6514067

I remember reading an article about that.

How not only are they making a doll that is plus sized, but it's going to be a doll that truly reflects reality. She won't be able to fit into any of the other Barbie clothing (much like real life for fat chicks) and she will have to either shop for KO clothing (Walmart) or expensive marketed stuff (Addition Elle, a plus size women's clothing store).

We don't need little girls being reminded of the bullshit life she would have to live by not being fit.
>>
>>6516052
I hope you are kidding, because this doll proportionately is absolutely not human in any way. One needs to look only at the legs to see that no effort was put into this to make proper human anatomy
>>
>>6513747
>Healthier
Maybe because mattel straight up did that idea by making a Barbie line that had diverse body types and actually made it look good.
>>
>>6513862
Crystalgems.jpg
>>
File: Rescuer_2-300x300.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Rescuer_2-300x300.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
Holy shit you guys, they finally made a fatass not-Ken complete with fupa pants.
>>
>>6517662
jesus christ he is hilarious
>>
File: IMG_1429.jpg (303KB, 1830x1043px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1429.jpg
303KB, 1830x1043px
>>6516996
looks fine to me
>>
File: booboo bruise.jpg (192KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
booboo bruise.jpg
192KB, 1200x801px
>>6517700
ime Asian women do have shorter legs in proportion to their torso in comparison to other races, but Lammily goes way beyond that (and isn't supposed to be Asian...) The only thing this would look "right" for is a fantasy race, like a female dwarf/gnome/etc. That would actually be a pretty good use for a Lammily body if they weren't prohibitively expensve to be custombait.
>>
>>6517702
booboo bruise
>>
File: acne2.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
acne2.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>6517743
Booboo bruise indeed (that's what the uploader named it, not me.)
I assume the pic was to show off the bruise sticker, which is from a set which also includes stretch mark and acne stickers.

Because every little girl wants a doll with acne.
>>
>>6517804
That's hilarious, these things actually made it out to market?
>>
>>6517954
i don't think Lammily was ever in stores or anything like that
just an expensive online order toy
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.