[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saint Seiya General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

File: 1z4x25t.jpg (57KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
1z4x25t.jpg
57KB, 960x639px
Does anyone know if LC Models is planning to finish their TV Clothes EX line? The last one (Cygnus) has been released for a while now.

Also Saint Seiya general I guess.
>>
>>6504584
Bandai shut them down.
>>
>>6504591
Are you sure you're not thinking of another company? They just reissued their TV EX Seiya like a month ago.
>>
>>6504584
Okay does anyone know if you can swap out any SS hips to the Ronin Warriors ones.
>>
>>6504603
and DD Panoramation
>>
Just picked up GT OCE V3 Hyoga and Shiryu, looking foward to the next two bronze releases.

I'm pumped they are also eventually going to release the Divine Cloths in EX as well.
>>
I was thinking of getting DD Panoramation Camus, how is that line?
>>
>>6505717
Stupidly small.
>>
>>6505683
>I'm pumped they are also eventually going to release the Divine Cloths in EX as well.
Any source for that?
I'd rather have them work on V1s. LCM seems to have dropped them and GT's quality is way better anyway.
>>
>>6505717
Gi Joe like scale, armor is plastic. The diorama pieces are nice tho.
>>
>>6505775
Great Toys posted a picture of a couple prototype armor pieces around when V3 Pegasus came out.
>>
>>6506592
Forgot picture.
>>
>>6506488
>armor is plastic
Shit, that's actually a plus in my book
>>
>>6506645
same
>>
>>6506592
>>6506596
Thanks!
>>6506645
Everything is actually plastic, the armor is not removable. They're not just GI Joe scale, they're "GI Joe style" figures.
>>
>>6505762
>he doesn't like 1:18 scale
>>6507357
Cool idea, but actual pictures of the released Seiya made the face sculpt look a little questionable. Maybe it looks better in person.
>>
Was Panoramation that bad?
I was skimming the figures on sale on HLJ, lol, and they are all at like half to one third of the list price.
>>
I bought Saga revival, my first Myth Cloth of any kind
Fell in love, planning on getting Rhadamanthys what are some must haves without rape prices?
>>
>>6509358
I wouldn't call them bad per say but they're not comparable to SCM and such. DDP are kid toys meant to be played with. The details are lower due to the ridiculous size but on the other hand, they're super easy to manipulate. If you're an adult planning to pose your stuff on your shelf and leave them on display most of the time, they're completely useless.
>>
>>6509436
>without rape prices
Some KOs maybe. Great Toys ones are pretty great.
>>
>>6509358
As someone that collects 1/18th figures, they are good but pricey figures at that scale, though that can be said for most lines in that scale with some exceptions. Bandai over-estimated their popularity too as with most new lines they make. From Dragon Shiryu onward they've seemed to have downsized production numbers.
>>
Don't fucking die on me.
How you people take care of you Myth Cloth EX?
>>
File: IMG_20170902_095606.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170902_095606.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
Just got my vintage V1 Phoenix in the mail, completeing my vintage Bronze Saint collection. It's missing the spikes that attach to the heels, but at this point I'm just happy to have this guy in my hands.

I'm also collecting the Great Toys V3 Bronze saints. I have Seiya and Shiryu, and I'm planning on getting Hyoga next. On the promo pics of TV Hyoga, the color on the plastic parts seemed to be more blue than the metal parts. Can anyone who owns the figure verify that?
>>
>Randomly decide to watch some 80's shounen stuff
>pick Saint Seiya out of a hat because I never watched it
>think about buying some toys because the series is cool
>see HLJ sales
Well, hell, it looks like I'm jumping in
>>
Netflix series will revive the line.
>>
>>6504584
LCM stopped doing SS figures. They now make Gundam stuff. The best option is to wait for Bandai to work on it.
>>
>>6513893
What line? But yeah hopefully. The Omega Figuarts gave me hope to see Saint Seiya with plastic armors but that was silly of me to think
>>
So is the Panormation line still going, or did it stall out without even finishing all of the bronze saints?
>>
>>6514007
I think it's still going on atm but all the Saint Seiya lines slowed down a lot and will probably be dropped in a year or so. Bandai exhausted most collectors with the EX, SOG and constant price hiking. I'm a French speaking Belgian and I visit a lot of French boards and Facebook groups dedicated to toys. A few years ago, the French collector scene was one of the bigget in regard to Saint Seiya. Nowadays most boards and groups are filled with people getting out of collecting because they feel like they will never be able to complete any line.
>>
>>6514083

Well that is a reality, prices are over the moon, lines are incomplete, Bandai insists on releasing shit nobody wants or reissuing the Gold Saints every collector already has.

But mainly those fucking prices man.
>>
>>6514112
>>6514083
DAT DD PANORAMATION THO
>>
Has anyone bought the metal club figures? I've heard good things about them and they do look good. I'm very tempted since myth cloths are fucking expensive.
>>
>>6506645
Why do Saint Seiya collectors get autistic about metal? Not talking about you but in general. Diecast is a fucking meme made to rise prices.
>>
>>6515779
It's an old licence mostly collected by people in their 30's who used to play with a lot of diecast toys when they were kids and now automatically associate diecast with quality. Most collectors of toys from old anime and such are like that.
>>
>>6515779
I imagine it's the same general mindset as the folks that still think that SoC releases don't have enough diecast in them; people that grew up with toys in the 80's that were almost entirely metal and just want updated versions of those. Personally, I don't care for it and that's actually one of the things that kept out of Seiya collecting.
>>
just ordered the Leo and Gemini ex god cloths
kinda sad they never made figures of the characters from the movies
>>
>>6516168
I just ordered the DD Panoramation Phoenix Ikki. I imagine it's probably looked at as the poorfag line by hardcore Seiya fans, but I like the scale and the diorama setups.
>>
>>6516168
I think they showed an Abel, not sure what it was specifically probably just Myth Cloth but they showed Asgard Ex there's hope
>>
>>6516198
I would like Abel's warriors, Atlas has a bitching design, or how about Orion of the Eris movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bUfPVmPRlc
>>
>>6516207
>that punch to Ikki's brain
>>
>>6515779
the selling point of the shitty vintage figures back in the early 90s was the diecast parts

dunno about you, but long time fans really shat ourselves when the first myth cloths began to appear with quite a high diecast content compared to those vintage figures.

For me who has over 100 of these figures, the diecast is the main selling point
>>
>>6515779
The characters wear metal so it kinda makes sense I guess.
>>
>>6516220
I mean I don't see people complaining about every Iron Man or any robot made of plastic but I think it's more about this guy's sentiment >>6516214 I think the selling point is the armors being removable though and looking shiny and like the anime.
Just look at >>6516207 video some poses like that are impossible because diecast is heavy and limits articulation
I'm not complaining that much I love my Saga Revival and I'm waiting for Shaka if I can get it.
Where do anon buy your figures? The usual places or there's some obscure stuff?

>>6516198
We have an Orion already :^]
Bandai representative said their goal is to make all the cloths with the Myth Cloth line, so look forward to that
Lowkey salty Omega's Dragon didn't get a myth cloth or a Figuarts for that matter
>>
>>6515779
The armors are supposed to be precious metals so the diecast made it seem "realistic" and all the figures we grew up with were made like that, it's no different than people wanting transformers that resemble the original line.
>>
>>6516232
He's right, back in the 90s when I was a kid I always wanted the figures that came with a diecast armor even if they were bootlegs, actually all of the ones I had were bootlegs. But it didn't matter, I've never been a fan of dynamic poses tho.
>>
>>6516251
>>6516276
>>6516214
What does diecast add to the figure besides weight? Legit curious
The Panoramation line is all plastic and the cloths look pretty good. The plastic in the Myth Cloth looks as shiny. This >>6516132 guy hit the nail on the head
>>6516276
>>6516214
That's nostalgia speaking more than anything
>>
>>6516299
A more premium feeling, if a character wears an armor, I'd rather have a figure with a diecast armor. It just feels better, shiny plastic feels cheap no matter how shiny it is.
>>
>>6516299
>That's nostalgia speaking more than anything

those saint seiya toys are aimed directly at the nostalgia factor, guess that's also reason why the releases are so scarce lately
>>
>>6516299
To me, one thing I like about the figures having metal armor is that the finish is more durable. On a figure with lots of chromed plastic, I'd always be afraid accidentally chipping or scuffing the vac-metal finish. As such, I feel more comfortable picking up and posing a SCM with mostly metal armor than I would with one with lots of plastic. You could make the argument that the metal parts are susceptible to tarnishing and corrosion, but I've never had that happen on my figures after years of handling them without gloves, so I assume Bandai knows what they're doing when it comes to metal composition. That's just my take on it though, and to be fair the vac-metal plastic on my figures have also held up very well over the years.

Plus, as others have already mentioned the figures wearing metal armor makes sense since it fits in with the canon of the show. Similar to the original Chogokin releases of robot characters, the figures having that weight gives them that sense of realism that all-plastic figures don't have. I understand that this is valid more for action figures that are played with, so for collectors that treat Saint Cloth Myths as display pieces, this probably doesn't mean jack shit, but that's where the feelings are coming from.
>>
>>6518481
>having metal armor is that the finish is more durable
Except it's the opposite.
>>
>>6515771
They are great, just as good as the originals. I bought all of their OCE Gold saints (as Bandai will never get around to releasing all 12) and never had any issues. Make sure to buy them from aliexpress sellers like China Model Toys as they actually check the package to make sure it isn't missing any pieces.
>>
>>6518522
This. Remember when paint chipping was a thing on Figuarts' shitty die-cast feet?

I like die-cast, but only in minimal amounts and never for the fucking joints.
>>
>>6516299
>What does diecast add to the figure besides weight?
Bigger profits for the toy company, because molding in diecast is cheap and collectors will pay more for junk metals because of their feels
See
>>>6516304 A more premium feeling
>>
>>6518523
>Make sure to buy them from aliexpress sellers like China Model Toys as they actually check the package to make sure it isn't missing any pieces.
That's cool. Thanks for the information.
>>
>>6518522
If you're talking about flat paints like >>6518535, then yeah I agree, but I was talking specifically about the metallic paint job on Saint Seiya figures. I've never seen that clear paint come off of SCMs at all, let alone chip like it would with normal paint. That being said, I definitely agree with not using it for joints. Why Bandai insists on using that type of joint for the ankles is beyond me.
>>
>>6518536
No matter what you say plastic will always be plastic and feel like plastic. If you're gonna give me removable armor pieces make them feel like an actual armor, i don't want your plastic, that's what cheap bootlegs would do.
>>
>>6518536
>because molding in diecast is cheap
The molding itself maybe, but there's more to it than that. Unlike plastic parts, which require little more than cutting them off the sprue before painting/assembly, there's more labor involved for metal since they have to grind off the flash and sprues, and in the case of the Saint Cloth Myth series, polish the pieces by hand. That's the main reason why prices for the series have been skyrocketing in the past few years.

>junk metals
I keep seeing people spout this argument, but I have yet to see any proof that diecast toys today actually use lower quality metals.
>>
>>6516232
>Lowkey salty Omega's Dragon didn't get a myth cloth or a Figuarts for that matter

Prototype myth cloths for the Omega Bronze Saints were made and shown but ultimately never released. Eden had a figuart but it was cancelled.
>>
>>6518607
That's because it's not painted but colored metal. Still ages worst than plastic.
>>6518670
Diecast toys are cheaper to produce than plastic one, that's a well known fact.
>>
File: diecast and plastic molds.png (317KB, 1017x723px) Image search: [Google]
diecast and plastic molds.png
317KB, 1017x723px
>>6518670
>The molding itself maybe,
Nope.
Molding is cheaper. the material is cheaper.
And you clearly have never seen chinese workers cutting flash from toys.
Here's a video on injection molding and you can see at various parts the workers whittling the plastics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgftvXM5hTI

>I keep seeing people spout this argument, but I have yet to see any proof that diecast toys today actually use lower quality metals.
LOL, never neard of zinc and zamack? Lower quality metals is literally what diecast is about.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot_metal

>>6518628
>No matter what you say plastic will always be plastic and feel like plastic. If you're gonna give me removable armor pieces make them feel like an actual armor, i don't want your plastic, that's what cheap bootlegs would do.
I mentioned this elsewhere, but plastic injection molding is more expensive than diecast. The likely reason they switch a diecast piece to plastic is probably because the bootleg factory doesn't have the capability of making diecast parts, so they switching to plastic is more expensive than the original method.

http://www.fieldingmfg.com/frequently-asked-questions.asp
>>
>>6521249
Premium feeling fags
>>6516304
on literal suicide watch
>>
>>6504584
So what are the options for decently priced Saint Seiya figures that don't suck? LC Models bootlegs, Metal Club bootlegs, and DD Panoramation if you're into smaller figures?
>>
>>6521249
So what's your point again? Trying to convince the world that buying ss figures with metal parts is bad? Cause it ain't working.
>>
>>6521625
Just pointing out that there are quite a few people in this thread who have false beliefs about diecast and correcting them.
That's all.
>>
>>6521625
Lmao, don't get so butthurt just because you thought diecast was some premium stuff
>>
>>6505683
>>6505775
So the GT figs are pretty decent? I was looking at some on aliexpress, but I always get nervous about bootleg quality.
>>
>>6521759
Yes, GT's figures exceed Bandai's quality, especially the V3 Bronze saints. GT made an improved ex body, with better articulation and seemingly tighter joints.

If you are buying on aliexpress, use China Model Toys. As I said earlier in this thread she actually does her own QC checks on the product to make sure nothing is missing etc.
>>
>>6521736
Metal does feel more premium than plastic, if you have convinced yourself it doesn't, cool. Not gonna convince anyone else who thinks otherwise though. Nobody's telling you to buy shit you don't like. Somebody asked for reasons why people like metal and reasons were given.
>>
>>6522346
>Somebody asked for reasons why people like metal and reasons were given.
>because feels
Every other given reason are misconceptions about diecast: durability, expensive, quality.
None of this is true about diecast.
>>
>>6522323
Awesome to hear. I just ordered Ikki and Seiya and they'll be my first Myth Cloth figures. Thanks for the info!
>>
>>6521361
It all depends on the character you want but basically, if it's not official, Metal Club or Great Toys, it will definitely feels like a KO/plamo.
>>6521759
I wouldn't say they're as good as Bandai but they're definitely nice.
>>6522346
No, metal does not feel more premium. There's no such thing as "premium feeling", it's just your own perception of the thing and what you should understand is that your perception isn't based on any fact, it's just your taste and nothing more.
>>
out of these figures, which one is the one any fan should have?
>>
>>6524301
They all are relatively of the same quality, so just the figure of a character you like.
>>
File: P1220674.jpg (413KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
P1220674.jpg
413KB, 1600x1200px
>>6524301
out of the gold saints, buy at least you own sign
afterwards, if you liked it, you may want more, but the expensive prices will make you think twice
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.