[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of those threads...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

One of those threads...
>>
File: toy gore 2.jpg (93KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
toy gore 2.jpg
93KB, 720x960px
>>
File: toy gore 3.jpg (290KB, 1536x1226px) Image search: [Google]
toy gore 3.jpg
290KB, 1536x1226px
>>
>>6502657

Still one of the best ones because of that fucking Ghost Rider.
>>
>>6502634
I thought Pochaco was the top-heavy one.
>>
>>6502657
>>6502661
Does anyone have the edit of Ghost Rider Kills the Marvel Universe?
>>
>>6502667
She's everything-heavy.
>>
>>6502634
Does anybody know what the 1/2 scale figure was that wiped the fuck out? I imagine that's almost a grand obliterated by gravity.
>>
>>6502677
Looks like it's a 1/2 Super Sonico

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-MOE-7736
>>
>>6502634
>was playing Wii U when it happened
>>
>>6502668
>>
>>6502652
How the hell did this even happen? The metal pins are visibly intact
>>
>>6502719
IIRC, it was an earthquake
>>
>>6502721
the other two shelves look suspiciously unaffected
>>
>>6502655
>Nice pic though
I still chuckle when I read it.
>>
>>6502685
>2013
>33,350 yen
>oversize load
R.I.P. some dude's $500-600.
>>
>>6502726
the middle shelf could have been badly assembled or it just had too much weight on it
>>
>>6502655
Easily my favorite.
>>
>>6502706
Amazing, saved
>>
>>6502810
Link to the news article?
>>
>>6502810
holy shit, rip in pieces
>>
File: 1476758730739.png (1MB, 688x840px) Image search: [Google]
1476758730739.png
1MB, 688x840px
>>
>>6502860
>>6502869
He was a base jumper, so he just deployed his parachute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8T89LKfOZk
>>
>>6502657
that store owner lost about 3 grand from that mistake of using a jewelry shelf for heavy shit .
>>
>>6502634
How's everyone's toys in Houston right now?
>>
>>6503086
>when you die and your family finds your shit
>>
>>6503086
>grab bag
>BUY RUBBER GLOVES
>salvage what you can
>SANITIZE

I'd give it all a new home but I've also seen enough shit from you weirdos that I wouldn't touch any of you fucks' collections without gloves.
>>
>>6502652
>>6502657
these two hurt so much. Jesus.

>>6502655
I joined /toy/ around the same time that figure was released, it was my first figma. I saw that thread happening. Good times.
>>
>>6502655
>tripfag is stupid
>gets what they deserve

This isn't gore, this is schadenfreude.
>>
>>6503213
>Shartimus
https://youtu.be/9s1HdcN_N0o?t=17m40s
>>
>>6503247
>OOOOH NOOO I TOTALLY DIDN'T DO THIS ON PURPOSE AT AAAALLLLL!

Come the fuck on. You all can't be that stupid.
>>
>>6503249
Yeah, the detolf was open.
>>
>>6503249
What, you think it was faked? I dunno, man. That detolf is made of glass that could have shattered on him, there are a number of rare/pricey figures in there that could have broken, and he hit it pretty hard. If it was a prank/setup for views or laughs, well...that's a pretty big fucking risk to take. I don't buy it.
>>
>>6503086
would take that trash gladly

and soak it in soap for a week
>>
>>6503086

Thousands of dollars worth of plastic butts, here..
>>
>>6503247
fucking kek
>>
>>6503124

Fine. I moved a few things to the top shelf but no damage at all
>>
>>6502634
>statueshit
Nothing of value was lost
>>
>>6502634
more info on that cast off large broken statue, nude pics if possible I must know for reasons.
>>
>>6503610
see>>6502685
>>
>>6503247
>6.1 earthquake
>6.1
KEK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtIH2tVsQas
>>
>>6503090
Not seeing a chute...
>>
>>6503764
The store you buy from is not responsible for what the postal workers do to your box.
>>
>>6506822
They choose the means of sending the goods. If none of their couriers can safely deliver a package, they should not be selling the item.
>>
>>6503764
>>6506844
What's not legal and/or fucked up is not putting a disclaimer you dumbfuck
>>
>>6506844
There is quite a bit of difference between shipping within your own country and across an entire ocean.
>>
>>6503764
I don't disagree that it's fucked up, but for some things, it's the only way foreigners can get them at all. Some shops won't even stock or ship this sort of thing overseas. It's like complaining about gashapon defects, the only outcome is the store does nothing or just stops selling them altogether.
>>
>>6502657
>>6502651
How does this happen and how is it preventable?
>>
>>6506965
The metal rods that the glass shelves rest on are supposed to face inwards, not outwards.

Whoever assembled that Detolf put the two metal structures in backwards, so there simply wasn't enough surface for the shelves to rest on safely. Add on weight, and you have an accident waiting to happen.

Whenever shelves on a Detolf collapse like this, it's usually because of exactly this same mistake.
>>
I'm really surprised this didn't turn into a topic about that dude's son.
>>
>>6503185
and the faggot asked them if he send the fig back to get a refund too

Karma raped him
>>
>>6503086
for what reason
>>
>>6503176
>not licking second hand figures that you buy thinking that it's been cummed on
>>
>>6503764
He's basically saying he has no control over what happens during shipping. Imagine that thing traveling halfway across the globe by van and plane, all the way being handled by several different pairs of hands. One careless postal worker can fuck up everything.

That said I wouldn't buy from this guy.
He should have added that he would do his best to ensure the safest possible packaging. Sellers are kind of morally obliged to do so, and I can't be sure if this guy would bother.
>>
>>6503086
This is what my mother would do if she discovered how I spend my salary leftovers.
>>
>>6502655
>hotel balcony
who the fuck brings their figures to a hotel?
>>
>>6509637
"This guy" is amiami, you know, one of the most popular shops around here.

AFAIK, they and they shouldn't add something along the lines of best packaging possible, because by doing so, they would open themselves to demands based on "this hard cardboard box with inflated bags isn't the best possible packaging, you could use wood box and custom styrofoam packaging!". And from there, demand a compensations based on minor details because the site didn't fulfilled their disclaimer of best possible packaging. Anybody who have browsed /toy/ for long enough should be aware on-line customers are some of the most shittiest people, because they can and will use any dumb excuse to seek for free stuff, and discounts in general.

The horror stories from ebay threads are usually entertaining. Like that dude who, literally, weight the g.i.joe figure he just acquired, and because it didn't match with the same figure he already had, obviously something was off and was demanding a refund.
>>
>>6509672
>"This guy" is amiami, you know, one of the most popular shops around here.

Don't know, don't care.

Sellers can be assholes just as much as buyers. It's like some people don't want to earn money. So yes, I expect a little bit of care from my seller. As long as they warn for possible breakages, that's ok. Some things are hard to transport.
Just don't smash everything in the smallest box possible to save on postage. Ive had sellers who did this and I got chuffed and mangled figures for my trouble. Instead they could have contacted me and either warned me, or asked if I mind paying for a bigger box.

To keep a long story short, both parties should take certain responsibilities for a package.
>>
>>6509733
>I don't know amiami
Lurk more.
>>
>>6506844
>If none of their couriers can safely deliver a package
Amiami doesn't send a person from their store to personally deliver your package to you, you dumb fuck. Do you not understand what postal services are?
>>
>>6510405
Because statues are banned on /toy/, anon.
>>
>>6510857
>implying you were here when /toy/ started
First few months were hard up mod controlled and moot was in our sticky explaining the rules.
The rules were up since day zero and explained.
Figurines and statues aren't toys.

The only thing we never got clarification on was Gunpla and other articulated models, but since we've had our Gunpla threads since 3 months afterward and mods didn't do anything....
>>
>>6510919
Technically gashapon and m.u.s.c.l.e are anime figurines.
>>
>>6511588
Just like nintendo amiibos and similar lines. And the kaiju threads we used to have had shit tons of, essentially, statues.

And I still don't get how those are that different from funko or earlier 00's mcfarlane toys.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.