[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Free by toys from Ebay by accident thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

File: EBay_logo.png (9KB, 1100x480px) Image search: [Google]
EBay_logo.png
9KB, 1100x480px
I was going to post this in the Marvel general thread, but decided to make it a separate thread in case anyone else had a similar experience to me with other toys. I'll start with mine

> Be Australian
> Looking up X-Men action figures on ebay
> Comes across a unopened Marvel Super Hero Mashers Electronic Wolverine. Seller misspells it as "Xmen wolfrine"
> Its 10 dollarydoos.mp3
> Usually goes for $30+ not counting postage
> Seller only lists it as local pick up, i live 3 hours away by car
> Asks seller if he could accept postage as I am willing to pay for it
> He does
> Pays for it with $12 postage through paypal
> Seller asks if i paid for the item the day after he sent it
> I said yes and showed him a screenshot to prove it
> Checks paypal, its pending a transfer
> weird but okay
> Gets the figure a few days, adds it to my small mashers collection
> Exactly a month later the money is back into my paypal
> whattheshit.avi
> Aparently the guy didn't finish making his paypal account, never made it, or didn't vertify his bank details
> message and email the guy what happened and asks if i can send him a bank transfer so he doesn't feel like i ripped him off
> He never gets back to me after 3 more weeks
> Still lists random shit on ebay as of writing
> mfw I got a unopened action figure for free in the end
>>
>>6497591
I'm glad that you contacted the seller instead of just thinking "FREE TOYS!!"
>>
> Order from AmiAmi
> Wait for shipping
> Reverse charge while in the Pacific on a boat
> Banned from AmiAmi
> Make new account and repeat
>>
>>6498192
haha wait that works?
>>
>>6498192
Elaborate
>>
>>6498192
amiami does not ship by BOAT.
>>
>>6498192
>spend about $300 every month for about 3 years on nippon-yasan
>receive a broken $80 figure
>contact them about it
>they basically tell me to fuck off
>try to reason them
>doesn't work
>place several orders to be shipped untracked separately for a total of about $800
>get the items and check the packages for possible tracking numbers they wouldn't have told me about
>there's none
>everything went according to the plan
>get my $800 back from Paypal
Fuck you Nigger-Yasan.
>>
>>6505769
Yeah, I'm sick and tired of seeing Nippon-Yasan recommended so often when their customer service is utter shit. If something goes wrong with the shipping or you get something broken out of the box, they won't help. At all. You just lost your money.
>>
>>6505805
>Yeah, I'm sick and tired of seeing Nippon-Yasan recommended so often when their customer service is utter shit. If something goes wrong with the shipping or you get something broken out of the box, they won't help. At all. You just lost your money.
Who the fuck is recommending them? I quit using them soon after they overcharged for shipping and I could see right on the label that I was overcharged big time. When I heard them extorting even more shipping out of people when they didn't overcharge enough I pretty much wrote them off forever.

At least when you pay in advance at Tokyo Otaku Mode they don't try to get more money out of you later even if they fuck up on their own end. Hell, sometimes they even GIVE you money back in the form of store credit if prices go down on their end.

I still think what >>6505769 was uncalled for though. If he wanted to get back at them he should have just made an order equal to what he lost and called it a day. Not this petty bullshit where he punishes them 10 fold.
>>
>>6505814
They're a business. 800 bucks ain't nothing. Especially considering for all they know, those packages really did get lost. They shouldn't even have uninsured shipping options if they don't want to take the risk.
>>
>>6505817
That's the kind of logic people use when rioting and decide to go loot local mom and pop stores. An $800 pure loss is no laughing matter and anyone in business would be fucking livid. There is a reason they would blacklist your ass for life even if you did this with a $20 item. More expensive shipping options exist solely to provide insurance and tracking, cheaper options exist for shit you don't care if it gets lost.

Don't try to take the moral high ground for doing something illegal and douche-tier well beyond what moral/karmic justice would necessitate. Even in magick you only get bit in the ass times three. You're out of line.
>>
>>6505820
Nippon Yasan is not a mom and pop store though. If they don't want people to rip them off, they can start by not ripping their customers off and only offering shipping options with tracking. It's douchy behavior sure, but it's targeted at a piss poor company with a track record of poor customer service and shipping out bootlegs/used goods sold as new.
>>
File: 1454438920814.png (10KB, 390x416px) Image search: [Google]
1454438920814.png
10KB, 390x416px
>>6505823
wouldn't the sane and non retarded call be just not shop from them? Because your actions are as toxic as it gets and removes any morals you could try and hide behind.
>>
>>6505824
I literally just said it's douchy behavior. I'm not saying that guy has the moral high ground, but Nippon Yasan has every ability to stop that particular scam with mandatory tracking (maybe only for orders over a certain value) and they didn't.
>>
>>6505827
So if I'm smarter than you, I'm allowed to do as I please?
>>
>>6505829
You could scam people if you are smarter than them, yes, but it would be douchy behavior. Why are you reading my posts as if I'm saying it's a-okay and 100% moral behavor?
>>
>>6505814
>I still think what >>6505769 was uncalled for though
They tried to fuck me, I fucked them harder, that's how it works.
>>
>>6505832
Because you are basically defending a scammer on the grounds of "well they could have stop it" and "they can afford the loss"
>>
>>6505847
But it's true. I never argued the morality of it and you don't seem to have a counter argument that isn't based on morality.
>>
File: 1494519745927.jpg (32KB, 498x614px) Image search: [Google]
1494519745927.jpg
32KB, 498x614px
>>6505848
Your question was >>6505832 "Why are you reading my posts as if I'm saying it's a-okay and 100% moral behavor?" and I gave an answer and now you are confirming said answer I gave and making a loop.
>>
>>6505850
Do you actually have a point or was all of this really to say "it was wrong, anon", even though the Anon that did it clearly doesn't give a fuck?
>>
>>6505841
Exactly. They won't learn any other way. I mean, they won't learn from what you did, either, assholes never do, but at least you tried.
>>
>>6505447

Why wouldn't it work. What is some foreign company to do? Wage War? Their laws literally cannot be enforced here.
>>
>>6498192
>>6505447
>>6505974
Would they not just blacklist your name/address/credit card/ect?
>>
>>6505820
>>6505824
>>6505829
>>6505850
T. moralfag

apply yourself to stop defending a piece of shit store that doesn't deserve jack dick
>>
>>6498192
I've been wanting to do this to amiami ever since they banned me for a missed payment and then kept the stuff I already had paid for and the money. Lost close to $500 and they wouldn't even respond to a fucking email. This really work?
>>
>>6506181
They can blacklist your address and credit card, but not PayPal. Unless the have those on file, you can just remove em from your account.
>>
>>6506432
2 wrongs doesnt make a right.
>>
>>6511690
Yeah, but being a jackass to a jackass is not a big deal.
>>
general eBay gripes?

>seller uploads 500px images

500px is eBay's lowest required resolution for pictures, NOT THE MAXIMUM. There is no excuse to take pics that damn small and there hasn't been an excuse for a decade.

>seller has a shitty camera

You can buy a decent used camera for $20, do it. Learn to use the settings, learn how to take macro shots.

>seller uses stock photos for used old goods

I want to see the exact condition. Don't do this.

>seller lists beat up/worn item as "excellent condition"

I know grading standards can vary from person to person, but if its dirty, has lots of paint chips or has pieces broken off, it' snot "excellent condition", use some degree of common sense. I see a LOT of vintage toys listed with this description that are in pretty bad shape.

>best offer system is basically crap

Buyers offering 50% to 75% below asking price and sellers who auto-reject more than $1 off broke this system hard
>>
>>6511690
>two wrongs
That's just like your opinion man. And it's wrong.
>>
>>6511805
>sellers who auto-reject more than $1 off
i do this if only because i don't have the option to turn off best offer. i price my shit fairly, i'm not going to give some poorfag a japanese action figure that costs more to ship than they paid.
>>
>>6511837
>i price my shit fairly
I think we're all talking about the people who aren't self aware.

Like I've been hunting a certain figure that has plenty of listings for it mint in box, but I don't care about that shit and just want it cheap second hand. Then every time a loose, second hand one gets listed, they ask for the exact same price as the mint in box ones that are right there, don't accept offers, and the listing expires. Like holy shit.
>>
>>6511805
>>seller lists beat up/worn item as "excellent condition"

I'd link to a specific seller, but I might be banned for linking it. The guy is the prime example of this.
>>
>>6511928
post from your phoen you phaggot
>>
>>6511837
It can be turned off but you have to use the multi-item edit through the seller page to do it. But even when this was pt-out on the listing page, sellers would fucking do this or fail to respond to offers instead of shutting it the hell off.

Myself I tried best offer with the new system, setting auto-reject to the lowest I'd go, auto accept to anything above and pricing a few bucks more. Yeah you're fucking right I hope they pay more than my minimum, screw you. Some wouldn't even offer and just bought stuff. But checking offer histories showed a majority offered 50% or below on items that cost $40 and up, so I said "screw it", set BINs to my low price and disabled offers. I already price well below other sellers as it is, and if you can only offer $7 on an $8 item and balk at paying $8 then you're too poor or too disinterested to want it in the first place. If that $1 is such a deal breaker, I mean. I do make offers but I keep them reasonable, 50% of wishful hoping at best but even eBay thinks sellers should take it with a smile.

Also

>buyers add cheap items to their watch lists but never buy

If an item that is $6 shipped can't be bought and paid for now, you don't really want it or you're broke.
>>
One more

>seller refuses to offer combined shipping discounts yet will ship in one package anyway

One Transformers seller lost my business when they flat out refused to do so and said they would gladly keep the extra money on 2 small parts that would cost $3 to mail in an envelope.
>>
>>6511955
majority offered 50% or below on items that cost $40 and up

You know they do that because they intend to haggle, right? They never expect anyone to accept that. They're trying to see if they can get it at 20-30% off.
>>
>>6511964
Can't find him at the moment, he took the item that would blow someone's mind with his reasoning.

It was a Transformer (Universe Overbite) that was missing everything save the torso, plus had paint chipped off, and the seller considered that "excellent condition".
>>
> buyer doesn't pay

I can't believe how often that happened in the last year. I want some way to scare them off for doing that. The biggest bullshit is that you can't even give negative feedback for something like this.

> one of those guys asks more than a month later where his item is
> I sent him like 3 messages in all those weeks and he hasn't read any of it
>>
>>6511994
I'm probably bitching too much here, but I really wish more buyers contacted their bidders if that shit happens. I remember losing an action ages ago that only had 3 biders. I was the second, and the third bidder made a massive bid at the last second and got it. He never paid, but the seller never attempted to contact me, he just relisted it.
>>
>>6512060
isn't there an option specifically for honouring the second-highest bid
>>
>>6512072
There is but it isn't worth it most of the time. I did it once and the guy didn't answer as well and you only have 2 days which may be a bit too short.
>>
>>6512078
I think two days is too much for literally everyone on eBay. If you send me an offer and I send you a counteroffer within ten minutes, you should only have ten minutes to respond. Everyone has a computer in their pocket nowadays, it takes ten seconds to click "confirm and pay" or "decline".
>>
>>6512085
Yeah no. Fuck your self-importance. I am not answering and ebay offer on a fucking toy during a business meeting.
>>
>>6512165
Didn't stop you from sending the offer during that same business meeting.
>>
>>6511994
Happened pretty often to me as well, so i just added a bit in the description of every item i was selling, which basically said:
The buyer/winner only has 2 days to pay otherwise an unpaid item case will be opened and if they need more time to pay to contact me.
>>
>>6498192
I need exact details please.
>>
buyers like me are why I don't sell on ebay. I know better. I do nothing but scam constantly. I order bunches of shit from china and always get my money back over and over. if they don't use tracking it's as good as free. its almost as easy with people in the USA because paypal always sides with the buyer and lets you return anything. then when the sellers send me angry messages cussing me out for sending them some junk in a box instead of the stuff I bought I report them to ebay for harrassment lolol I'm the reason why we can't have nice things. I only started doing it because sellers were lying about the stuff they sold me and I thought two can play at that game bitches.
>>
>>6512178
>listing comes up during weekend
>finishes during shift

Yeah fuck ya
>>
>>6512707
>send offer during weekend
>seller responds less than an hour after
>it's not the weekend any more
nigger if it's an hour before work, it's not the weekend
>>
>>6512773
Many times a listing is made during the weekend for shit I want but it'll finish on a thursday or friday at 7pm for me.

dunno what kinda luck you have but fuck ya having to sneak my phone around for auctions should not be happening
>>
>>6512830
i'm not even talking about auctions you mongoloid, i'm talking about buy it nows with best offers
>>
File: 1503335962526.png (181KB, 396x197px) Image search: [Google]
1503335962526.png
181KB, 396x197px
>>6512645
>some chinks fucked me over so I'm going to get back at them by fucking innocent people over
>>
>>6512990
Not that guy, but I get fucked over by China just as much as I do the US.
Chinese sellers will send you a box of beads or a bootleg, if they send anything at all. Easy enough to refute with PayPal and eBay buyer protection.
American sellers will conveniently forget to mention significant issues or missing pieces in the hopes they can pull one over on you, then claim "no returns" and fight you tooth and nail over petulant semantics and deceptive wording in the listing. Usually something like: "I said it was complete as pictured, not my problem you didn't see the missing parts in my poorly cropped potato photo."
In that regard, at least you can trust the Chinese sellers to be predictably dishonest.
>>
>>6497591
>asks if i can send him a bank transfer so he doesn't feel like i ripped him off

Morality is an expression of empathy. Empathy is a symptom of low testosterone.
>>
>>6514153
>at least you can trust the Chinese sellers to be predictably dishonest
I've never had a single bad experience with Chinese sellers, whether it be amiami, hlj, 1999, amazon, aliexpress...
>>
The the thing is Anon probably is trolling and didn't do that but even if he did they don't pay fucking full price for their figures, they didn't loose $800, especially if they ship bootlegs and broken shit
>>
>>6512645
Is it true if its a knockoff you can get a refund no matter what because the sellers i use have great tracking, but I was wondering if I could order bootlegs and constantly get refunds even if they used good tracking if knockoffs are forbidden
>>
>>6512645
I see a lot of Asian sellers have similar seller names like a word and a different number under it, and some of them say they shipped me shit then it never shows up and i have to file claims, then other user names that's obviously the same dude will ship shit with real tracking. I tempted to file a complaint acting like I didn't it was a bootleg

"WHAT this $30 jubilee build a figure is fake?!?! Wow "
>>
>>6514427
>Chinese sellers
>amiami, hlj, 1999
>>
>>6514427
bait
no one can be this retarded
>>
> Go to Walmart
> Buy 3 toys
> Some weird noise on register
> Frustrated cashier just pressed buttons
> Here is your total anon
> Seems low
> Check receipt
> TFW the cashier didn't ring up one of the items.

I feel vaguely guilty but it's Walmart and the cashier fucked it up.
>>
>>6512645
>I order bunches of shit from china and always get my money back over and over. if they don't use tracking it's as good as free

How? Wouldn't they know you're stealing it?
>>
>>6514615
I'd imagine because they don't have tracking, the seller has no way to prove the items didn't get lost
>>
>>6514604
This isn't even anything to feel guilty about, anon, come on.
>>
>>6514443
They won't be able to get $800 for these items like they planned. They did lose $800.
>>
>>6515551
This. If you say you didn't get the item, there's no proof otherwise without tracking. And ebay favors the buyer's side by far in these situations.
>>
>>6517375

Well, it was a $45 Transformer.
>>
>>6514615
a lot of chinese sellers are using this new tracking that isn't really tracking. It provides proof of mailing, but not proof of delivery, which is equally useless in the eyes of paypal's buyer protection. All they are concerned with is whether it arrived, not whether it was sent.
>>
>>6517641
I had a seller pull this with me once, got the shipping and departed local office and then nothing for almost a month. Ended up disputing it and getting my money back only for it to show up a few weeks later
>>
>>6497591
>be me
>win a auction for sonic wings for ss like $90 dollary doos
>pay for it
>wait for 3 months
>ring Australia post like 3 times fucking rude customer serves person say they cant track it even tho i have a tracking number
>check japan post see its left country
>send a message to seller saying it has gone missing
>who refunds my money in 3 days
>week later ring australia post about another item
>lovely woman on other end gives me all the info about item
>decided to ask about sonic wings
>looks it up says it will arrive tomorrow
>get game the next day
got sonic wings for free
>>
>Be American
>Finds Godaikin Goggle V Robo vintage Popy figure
>Mislabeled as Bandai Robot
>Going for $10
>Ohfuckyeah
>Auction went off without a hitch

This happened to me several more times with other various other Godaikin robos. Like Valvilos from Space Sheriff Shaider.
>>
File: why.jpg (73KB, 800x454px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
73KB, 800x454px
Not entirely related but

>list item on eBay
>make sure to specify no international shipping in both shipping and listing
>bidder is from a different country

I can only hope someone from my country outbids this person
>>
>>6522267
You can cancel his bid. Also, this should help in the future.

Tutorial: How to Block Dirty Foreigners

Click My eBay
Click Overview/Account tab
Click Site Preferences
Under Shipping Preferences click edit next to Exclude shipping locations from your listings
Select all regions you wish to block
Select Apply to all current live listings
Click Apply
Go back to Site Preferences
Click edit under Buyer requirements
Select Block buyers whose primary shipping address is in a location I don't ship to
Select Apply above settings to active and future listings
Click submit and you're done!
>>
>>6522267
>eBay listing options are shit in my country
>can't set shipping price by groups, have to set them individually for EVERY FUCKING COUNTRY or your listing won't appear on eBay from other countries
>fuck this shit, I ain't gonna spend hours setting up each listing
>only set shipping price for my country and leave the others at $0 then, at the top AND bottom of the listing, write in big red capital letters to ask me for international shipping quote because it IS definitely not $0 no matter what eBay says
>ameretard buys my item without asking
>immediately contacts him about it
>DUDE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FREE WHAT THE FUCK?
Learn to READ for fuck's sake.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.