[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

transformers general: OVER $9000 edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 53

Old thread is dead.

Continue here.
>>
File: mjs.jpg (95KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
mjs.jpg
95KB, 500x500px
>>5256650
Why hasn't anyone made an Armada Thrust custom from Movie Dreadwing? Their designs are very similar
>>
>>5256858
Cause that figure sucks.
>>
File: 1409601033300.png (327KB, 442x472px) Image search: [Google]
1409601033300.png
327KB, 442x472px
>>5256860
Does it suck MORE than Armada Thrust? Think about it
>>
>>5256867
Just as bad.
>>
File: 1408901761724.png (212KB, 341x444px) Image search: [Google]
1408901761724.png
212KB, 341x444px
>>5256877
dang
>>
Am I the only one who thinks Windblade/Slipstream is a decent mold? I think the reason people hated it so much mostly stemmed from the terrible quality of Hasbro Windblade. Gap in the back of the jet mode aside, Takara Slipstream feels fine in terms of quality, tabs, joints, etc. Makes me really wanna get Takara Windblade now (shame I can't just get the Hasbro version, but I'd rather not deal with stress marks and loose joints everywhere).
>>
I wouldn't mind a RiD recoloring of CW Combaticons.
>>
>>5256931
>wanting more repaints
You're what's wrong with the fandom.
>>
>>5256937

A lot of Transformers were just repaints anyway. Cliffjumper was just a red Bumblebee, Sunstreaker was just a yellow...Uh...I forget the other dudes name. Ultra Magnus was literally a White Optimus with armor you attached to him.

And the various seekers. And....Etc.

It's just how it's always been. Nothing wrong with repaints as long as they make sense (ie: Cliffjumper->Bumblebee) and not something retarded like the Springer->Hot Rod repaint.
>>
>>5256931
I could see it as an Amazon/BBTS exclusive like FoC Dudicus
>>
>>5256959
Fun fact: Cliff and Bee were actually different molds in G1, but they're so stylized it's hard to tell the difference between the molds.

As for Sideswipe/Sunstreaker, they were only repaints in Universe and maybe Alternators. Sideswipe has a hood-chest and Streaker has hood-feet.
>>
>>5256937

No, you are what's wrong with this fandom.
>>
>>5256937
As much as I also despise repaints at least repainting Combaticons > Combaticons makes sense unlike Stunticons > whatever the fuck Ultra Prime is supposed to be.
>>
>>5256937

You realize that a vast chunk of the franchise wouldn't exist without repaints, right? We would simply get far less product overall. This has been explained a billion times.

Nearly all toy companies reuse pieces and sculpts to some degree, and it's even more understandable on Transformers, where the toys have to consider engineering and multiple modes along with aesthetics and colors.

You have to consider logistics when you're critiquing something, otherwise you're just an idiot making noise.
>>
File: 1428775265_d3.jpg (110KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1428775265_d3.jpg
110KB, 768x1024px
>mfw Energon Treadbolt is now female
>A repaint of Armada Scavenger
>Female
I mean don't get me wrong, I'd totally love a qt bulldozer fembot, but...why? Of all the molds, why that one? The one that looks about as far from female as humanly possible?

Rapid Run I could understand. But Treadbolt?
And why ANOTHER goddamn Autobot? Why not one of the Energon Constructicons if they wanted more fembots? Then we'd have some more female 'cons.

>tfw we will never get a properly feminine Constructicon with armour-plated thunder thighs
>>
File: image.jpg (148KB, 1200x804px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 1200x804px
This is just pathetic. If Transformers were watches, Takara would be Swiss and Hasbro would be some crackhead rolling around in his own shit.
>>
>>5257030
They just added a female Decepticon you shitcommander
>>
>>5256959

Sunstreaker was a unique mold. You are thinking of Sideswipe, who was repainted as Red Alert
>>
>>5256959
>Cliffjumper was just a red Bumblebee
No. Not all of the time.
>>
>>5256915
I feel the same way, I have Takara Windblade and I think she's a fine jetformer in terms of what is out nowadays.
We really just don't have any really incredible figures that have come out lately. I'm pretty sure Terradive is one of the best jetformers from the last ten years.
>>
File: ArceeIsBYOODIFUL.jpg (65KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
ArceeIsBYOODIFUL.jpg
65KB, 600x300px
So it turns out that a bit of paint is all it takes to turn 2007 Arcee from octopus monstrosity to surprisingly good looking 50s hair gynoid.

I kinda want one now.
>>
>>5257056
I don't think so, that's clearly a shoop.
>>
>>5257059
Awww. I wanted to believe. A shame, the shooped version actually looks pretty good, especially for a bayformer. I've always been fond of the design, but dear god that head is rancid.
>>
>>5257065
The chin is completely different, completely.
>>
>>5257056
They need to redo the RotF Arcee combiner idea with better execution
>>
>>5257030
>Spacewarp's Log,
>You (and your friend Treadbolt) are quite... erm... blocky for a fembot. Were you protoformed like that?

>Wow, rude much?
>I'll have you know plenty of mechs prefer a bot with a little junk in the trunk. The two of us and a femme named Strika (another larger gal, I'm sure not your type) hit the town just the other night and we got plenty of attention.
>>
File: 4df.jpg (16KB, 270x350px) Image search: [Google]
4df.jpg
16KB, 270x350px
>>5257108
Oh god I'm laffin
>>
>>5257108
I'd say the face is the most strange part. Like Treadbolt you can use the same tweaking that Minerva had from toy to model. Although since Strika actually has curves, seems odd to compare to.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y54nqFbXz4o

Anyone here ever try this to tighten up the joints? Does it work well enough? The video seems alright-ish. It won't fuck the plastic or anything will it?

I got a Rook whose hip ball joints for his legs do this sort of slooooooooooowwwwwwwwww downward slide in Defensor arm mode due to the added weight fist/guns.
>>
>>5257169
futureshine could probably gum up joints but it's not permanent. gunpla general would probably give you a better idea
>>
>>5257031
Doesn't make the mold less shitty
>>
>>5257175
Is there anything better?
>>
>>5257178
this. RID molds are just shit.
>>
>>5257198

Depends, you could probably use some tack or rip off bits of a kneaded eraser but it might look bad from some angles
>>
>>5257108
Is this what virginity reads like?
>>
Do you have any personal headcanon for transformers, /tfg/?:
>headmasters are made of a roller-like drone that forms the body and a small average intelligence bot that forms the head. when they combine, they essentially merge their AIs together and summon a third entity, similar to a gestalt
>the stunticons all have some sort of mental illness
>the combination sequence for gestalts is mentally traumatizing for the components, which is why combining is used as a last resort
>>
>>5257288
My favorite character is stronger than what the back of the box and fiction claims.
>>
>>5256931
>Movor
yes plz
>>
>>5257288
My OC is RTS Mindset who is a Cybertron fundie, old friend of Ironhide, and gets reformatted as a decepticon stealth bomber.
I still have to custom that one since I can't find the gen bomber Megatron for cheap.

Also, Onslaught plans Bruticus' limbs configuration for somewhat better efficiency.
>>
>>5257288
That Cybertron and other cyber-planets like it that are prevalent in all continuities are Dyson spheres.
Wait, do you mean personal headcanons that are autistic and lame?
>>
File: test.jpg (115KB, 1178x640px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
115KB, 1178x640px
I want this megatron.

Because I'm not from freedomland they're asking $22 in shipping alone for this guy, yet a motorbreath i got from the netherlands cost me just $8.

Why does freedom land charge so much?

Amazon has 2 listings of what could be the japanese e-z collection which would have the one closer to pic related but they only ship domestically plus I have half the set already.

Help me find this megatron that ships internationally that does ask for rape international shipping, I just want a gun megatron at every scale.
>>
>>5257288 .

Siren and Nightbeat are gay for each other.

Abominus is the most well-adjusted of the combiners

Swoop is akin to Ronnie Gardocki on the Shield in regards to his dynamic with the other Dinobots. He's the only normal, nice one of the group and the the only reason he hasn't bolted from them, is that A. he's got a rather largely misplaced sense of loyalty towards Grimlock and B. A fear that if he leaves, Slug/Slag will expose his role in covering up Slug/Slag's murder of fellow Autobots.

Slug/Slag is a serial killer who killed several dozen Autobots for fun over the war and then forced the other Dinobots to cover the crimes up.

Shattered Glass Prowl has pulled a Sat-Yr-9 and killed IDW Prowl right shortly after the start of the first IDW Transformers ongoing and has been impersonating him ever since.

Ratchet is Megatron's true arch enemy while Scorponok is Optimus Prime's

Ratbat manipulated and blackmailed his way into power.
>>
>>5257288
Each combiner team has a list of potential replacements for fallen members made up of obscure repaints like Operation Combination guys.
>>
>>5257169
Future shine and super glue are both superb materials when used properly and give a loose toy the missing sense of perfection. I've thought about making a video tutorial but I lack a decent camera but could make up for it with decent diagrams and explanations.

The basics is how much you use and how long you leave it to set depending on which material you use. Use 1/2 a drop of future in a joint, wipe the excess and it will start to tighten in 8 hours and have a strong cure in about 24 hours. For super glue, take the tip of the nozzle and try to make the glue bulge out just a tiny bit, don't pour it out, use a safety pin or other long needle like tool to grab a portion of the glue onto its tip, dip that small amount of glue into the ball joint or what ever friction joint it is and spread about the contact areas, gently move the joint around its full range of motion once so the glue spreads out, then every 5 or so seconds nudge it around gently so glue doesn't set. By using such tiny miniscule amounts of glue, you have no risk of freezing the joint, I can understand people being afraid of super glue, the they talk about pouring a drop directly into the joint then walking away to make tea or coffee or whatever but they don't understand that's exactly how you use glue to stick things together. Using the glue trick is like using a cheat, you're gradually not letting the glue set in place but it retains an added resistance because additional material is filling the gap in the friction joint as if the mating surfaces were closer together. Glue is very easy and immediate, I use polish for recessed friction joints because it flows very easily into these spots so they don't have to be taken apart, like the waist swivels on the Aerialbots, or the toe/thumbs for the handfoot guns.
>>
>>5257310
But that is the lamest and most autistic headcanon ever. Doesn't do with anything like character relationships, just inability to suspend disbelief in a story about pew pew space robots.
>>
>>5257326
About half of that is canon though.
>>
is there any way to find out the release date of the new combiner wars legends shockwave? I can't find anything anywhere.
>>
>>5257357

Closest I could find is some preorders on Amazon for the 4 limbs of Bruticus which said Jan. 29th as release. But who knows if thats accurate.

I'd think Hasbro would want to shit out a bunch of new toys fresh in time for Christmas, when people are willing to toss wads of cash around.
>>
>>5257348
I keep my embarrassing stuff between me and my friends, pal.
>>
>>5257362
I'm not your pal, pai of the sen
>>
>>5257357
They claim they'll release on Jan 16 but they could be early by a month or late by a couple. If you're going by brick and mortar that's a whole other variable.
>>
>>5257318
>they're asking $22 in shipping
>Why does freedom land charge so much?
Jews.
They just want that extra money on top of what you already pay for the toy, it'll cost a lot less than that to actually send it.
>>
>>5257359
>>5257370
I see, thanks anon's. I may end up pre ordering afterall.
>>
>>5256650
So what's up with G2 Stunticons? Are they gonna be a Hasbro release or Takara? Together or separate figures?
>>
>>5257386
Hasbro box set
>>
>>5257359
Most stores do their Christmas orderings at the end of summer. Releasing them in December would mean dooming it to never seeing the light of day as stores would not order it because they already tripled up orders for Christmas and will ride out what they ordered until late spring.
>>
>>5257397

I meant in stores in December. But looking at what other people are saying maybe it is gonna come in January.
>>
>>5257394
Dang, I just want Motormaster
>>
>>5257404

Why do you want a G2 color scheme. G2 was one of the ugliest things to ever come out of Transformers.
>>
>>5257414
Yellow Devastator was good...
>>
Finally picked up Devastator at TRU today with the 20% off coupon.

No regrets. He's pretty awesome
>>
>>5257419
I love mine. If the individual bots had better arm articulation they'd be perfect for me.
>>
>>5257414
I sometimes enjoy shitty neon off colored figures.
>>
>>5257444
I don't mind honestly. Devi's pretty much always going to be in combined mode and I recognize there are trade-offs for having a fully articulated 2ft tall combiner
>>
>>5257419
>20% off coupon
gib coupon
>>
File: 1432280291_BlackConvoyScourge.jpg (62KB, 600x779px) Image search: [Google]
1432280291_BlackConvoyScourge.jpg
62KB, 600x779px
>>5256931
I was kind of hoping they'd to this too. They would look pretty rad with the takara legends black convoy.
>>
File: robotmode.jpg (51KB, 640x611px) Image search: [Google]
robotmode.jpg
51KB, 640x611px
>>5257318
Get Choro-Q Megatron
>>
>>5257472
TRU rewards member coupon. If you're a member they should have emailed it you. It was only good for October 31st though
>>
>>5257474
I can't even find that one, right now i just used the japanese for megatron via a proxy, best I found is what looks like the scaled down g1 toy for $30.

But its packaged in gunmode and my country is a bit anal about gun shaped toys coming in
>>
>>5257477
Huh, I never knew they had a member program. I guess I'll sign up for next time.
>>
Hows the FoC Soundwave, /toy/? Been looking to get a Soundwave recently, and this one looks alright, except for the kind of shitty looking arms.
>>
>>5257482
Choro-Q is in Robot Mode in box
>>
>>5257491
Well my other unfortunate point still stands, I can't find *that* one currently, least for a sane price.

Already went past the $100 mark and not seen one
>>
>>5257490
I've got FOC Blaster and Soundblaster. They're okay except for the arms, as you said. I'm not a fan of cybertronian altmodes (except for spaceships/jets) but this figure has a fun transformation at least. The eject gimmick is kinda cool as well. Just straighten the "backpack" out like a pinball plunger and push your thumb on the altmode "chair" part.
>>
>>5257370
You know, I actually don't mind how the CW Combaticons look, Blast Off and Vortex included. Yeah, Vortex is a redecoed Alpha Bravo, but I feel like the AB head was made for Vortex anyway. The Quickslinger head is annoying, but he looks good on the whole.

Anyone else perfectly fine with the Hasbro Bruticus?
>>
>>5257514
Vortex's deco is just so... ugly. It would've been better if he had a simpler deco, none of that awful yellow/bright red.
>>
>>5257514
I seriously dislike how you can't move his legs forward even one click with that crotchplate, don't know why they had to do that.
>>
>>5257514

I like it, because it never made sense to me that Bruticus was all military vehicles, and then a random spaceship. I also like Rook taking Groove's place in Defensor, it makes more sense to me than a dinky cop motorcycle fitting as a limb on a huge combiner.

In the same vein, I hate that unless you get Brakeneck for Menasor, he's forced to have a off-road vehicle, because it doesn't fit his theme of high performance cars+transport trick for them in Motormaster. Same with Superion and Alpha Bravo. Doesn't fit the theme of jets jets and more jets.
>>
>>5257477
Oh fuck me, Canadians don't seem to have a member program
>>
>>5257288
>Optimus Prime's Roller drone is a pet robot he treats like a dog.
>Primus wanted Cybertron reformatted technorganic so that Primal could use the Plasma Energy chamber to nuke Unicron while keeping Cybertron and it's populace relatively unharmed.
>Primal, Lio Convoy, and Big Convoy are all brothers.
>>
>>5257525
even australia has one, what the fuck canada
>>
>>5257513

Would you recommend any other Soundwave figures? Other than the MP ones, because those are too expensive. Looking at some youtube reviews of FoC Soundwave he seems fairly nice.
>>
>>5257530
The only thing is to "sign up to our email list for promotions and sales!".

Eh.
>>
>>5257535
Yeah that is shit.

Australia is supposed to be a backwards shithole and even WE got a rewards program
>>
>>5257534
Not him, but FoC Soundwave is really nice,
>>
>>5257496
Wow, what shit hole do you live in? A New one runs for $20 on eBay for the USA.
>>
>>5257534
Just because there is an MP one doesn't mean it'll be highly recommended.
>>
>>5257517
I don't know, I like the mishmash he has. My brain sees harmony in the color distribution.
>>
>>5257542
But isn't MP Soundwave good?
>>
>>5257540
The rts megatron is coming up from ebay for $20.

...with $30.96 in postage on top.

stralya m8
>>
>>5257377
Your containment board misses you.
>>
>>5257524
Off-road performance vehicles are a thing, chief.
>>
>>5257630

They are, but they're not gonna be hitting the speeds the rest of the Stunticon's will be I'm sure, especially the formula 1 racer.
>>
>>5257318
Where are you man? I have one I'm letting go of, I'm in Australia.
>>
>>5257641
Victoria, how much are we talking though?
>>
>>5257634
And what about Motormaster?
>>
>>5257646
Dude I'll just send him to you, no charge
[email protected]
>>
>>5257650
Wow I'll email that asap, cheers man
>>
>>5257649

Transport.

Also for being an Optimus knockoff to fuck with Prime.
>>
>most transformers have wildly different designs, a lot of which look nothing like their usual or traditional designs
>Shockwave usually looks almost the same every time

Always stylish as fuck, it seems.
>>
File: 1393045890448.jpg (108KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1393045890448.jpg
108KB, 768x1024px
>>5257692
You don't fuck with perfect.
>>
>>5257692
>>5257696
Same for optimus prime except when he combines with anything.

Mono eyes and faceplates get the good life
>>
>>5257419
did you also get them to honor amazon's price before the coupon? they don't want to admit it but they will do that
>>
>>5257699

Optimus has had a lot of fucking terrible renditions over the years. Especially anything that gets rid of his faceplate and gives him lips. Doubly so with the ridiculous Beast Wars lips between the faceplates stuff.
>>
>>5257716
I thankfully count optimus primal as a different optimus and as compensation all other primes with lips have retractable mouthplates.

Movie prime looks so much better battlemask on, once the faceplate is off even g1 wheelie is an improvement
>>
>>5257414
G2 Stunticons are holy grails for TF fans. G2 versions of them and the Protectorbots were supposed to be released but were cancelled when Hasbro decided to stop reissuing older figures and focus on new figures around the second/third wave of the line.

A bare handful of them were made though for display purposes and the G2 Stunticons are considered the ultimate holy grail of the entire Transformers line due to their rarity.
>>
>>5257414

In retrospect there were like a handful of bright figures.... but a ton of normal colors like Laser Rods and half of the later waves of G1 (after diaclone ran out) were bright.... Heck Perceptor was neon teal and red.

People remember G2 like Moonbeam City and Kung Fury remembers the 80s even though it didn't look like that.
>>
Did they fix the hands on Nightbird so she doesn't hold stuff as stupid as Arcee? I'm pretty indifferent about picking her up or BA (head looks too small), but grabbing Slipstream for sure though.
>>
>>5257747
>Did they fix the hands on Nightbird

No, she still has the stupid pegs on the bottom. 5 or 10 minutes with an exacto knife will fix it, though.
>>
>>5256931
*fapfapfap*

Release a Scourge repaint of the Optimus mold and we're talking.
>>
>>5257731
Why do people want this? The entire G1 scrambled city line was terrible. For all the shit I give CW, it's still better than G1 (but then so is RID2).
>>
File: scourges.png (587KB, 815x413px) Image search: [Google]
scourges.png
587KB, 815x413px
>>5257766
Take your pick.
>>
>>5256931
GIVE
SHUTTLE
>>
File: MerryChristmas.jpg (46KB, 500x561px) Image search: [Google]
MerryChristmas.jpg
46KB, 500x561px
>>5257800

The shuttle is classic, but a jet does fit the theme better. I'm good with either/or.

Also gonna buy an assload of Transformers later on.

UW Menasor, the Silver Optimus/G1 colored FoC Grimlock set (since it's cheaper than buying FoC Grimlock for whatever dumb fucking reason), Voyager Springer, CW Hot Rod, maybe an FoC Soundwave, maybe an FoC Shockwave too, and maybe a Generations Arcee, with a free Chromia off Big Bad.

Thats probably way more than a poor fuck like me wants to spend, and I still need a CW Magnus and Starscream. But they might go on sale, while this other shit is old as fuck scalper priced shit or imports and probably won't see a sale. But if I'm gonna have a Christmas this year, I'll have to buy it for me myself.
>>
>>5257766

Buy Motormaster, tear his head off, put on a CW Optimus head and paint it black.
>>
>>5257822
A different jet, one that hasn't been used 2 times prior, with a different head would of been acceptable.
>>
>>5257288
Tidal Wave and Shockwave are best buddies and hang about together, complaining about what a prick Megatron is.
Scorponok and Blackarachnia are a couple.
Soundwave can change his voice to whatever he wants using voice files on his cassettes for when his vocoded Dr Claw voice gets a bit rough on the throat module. His personal favourite voice is a scouse accent.
Lazerback (or Razorback as I call him, because Lazerback is just stupid) is a horrible rape monster who can use his detachable tail/mace thing as a giant dong.
Starscream actually has Megatron on the ropes and the only reason he doesn't take over the Decepticons is because he enjoys annoying Megatron and making him look a fool far more.
Windblade is basically robot Lynn Minmay, except with traditional Japanese folk music instead of J-pop.
Arcee is motherly, kind...and also a total nymphomaniac who goes slightly axe-crazy if she hasn't had a fuck in a while. She's slept with basically the entire Autobot crew (including other fembots) except for Optimus Prime, who has rejected her advances every time and wants to get her help for her problem.
>>
File: transform and gto.jpg (165KB, 617x528px) Image search: [Google]
transform and gto.jpg
165KB, 617x528px
>>5257890
>optimus prime x arcee

Reminds me of this oc
>>
File: 52545138_p4_master1200.jpg (184KB, 493x511px) Image search: [Google]
52545138_p4_master1200.jpg
184KB, 493x511px
>>5257890
You should write a comic, I like the Starscream and Windblade head canons.

One thing though, Tidalwave's main trait was how loyal he was to Megatron (He combines with him for pete's sake), so he wouldn't complain about Megatron.

Pic unrelated
>>
File: jesus christ how horrible.jpg (53KB, 493x353px) Image search: [Google]
jesus christ how horrible.jpg
53KB, 493x353px
>>5257898
>>
File: r_target-shockwave-151.jpg (45KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
r_target-shockwave-151.jpg
45KB, 500x375px
>>5257692
>TFA
>This scene
>True colors
https://youtu.be/rXAonbw2ieY
HNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG
>>
I want that one >>5256650
>>
File: test.jpg (60KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
60KB, 1000x750px
So...apparently a masterpiece clampdown has leaked out onto an ebay auction, but its from china.

Any chance this is a knock off?
>>
File: test.jpg (51KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
51KB, 768x1024px
>>5257923
aaaand either its a painted prototype or a really shitty knock off
>>
>>5257924
I've mostly heard that it's probably a factory reject
>>
>>5257890
I have both versions of lugnut, and a few megatrons, So I kinda like the idea that the megs are all trying to depose each other, and their best chance is to get the lugnuts on their side... Only they both see any megatron as God, and as such cant be disloyal, to/hurt any megatron as they see them all the same.

(kind of inspired by a line from the Truth, and a character from Fatal But Not serious)
>>
>>5257923
>>5257924
>Any chance this is a knock off?
Nope, this is just how far MPs have fallen.
>>
>>5257924
>lena
Yeah, that's most likely a reject.
>>
File: DSC_2811.jpg (544KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2811.jpg
544KB, 663x1000px
it's weird how some mgs hands increased my enjoyment of shockwave so much
>>
File: 20150706_013542.jpg (120KB, 1082x1116px) Image search: [Google]
20150706_013542.jpg
120KB, 1082x1116px
>>5257968
I don't need a human hand, I need the CW shockwave for a more proportional shockwave-arm for shockwave.
>>
>>5257974
Fuck proportions bigger is better.

Now you just need to convert that to fit onto mp shockwave
>>
>>5257977
>MP Shockwave with Energon Shockblast as his arm with Generations Shockwave as his arm with Combiner Wars Shockwave as his arm
>>
File: 20150604_203527.jpg (55KB, 980x691px) Image search: [Google]
20150604_203527.jpg
55KB, 980x691px
>>5257977
Are you suggesting putting
>CW Shockwave>FOC Shockwave>Energon Shockblast>MP Shockwave?
That's insane! But logical.
>>
>>5257980
shockception???
>>
>>5257980
Its only logical if he can hold the weight without assistance.

CW and FOC might just be enough but hay it ain't my shockwave that's holding all of that...for now anyway
>>
>>5257288

I used to, because I liked to consider everyone the same universe, its fallen apart over the years.

Its too long for any real detail but genericly.

> G1 more or less as is...
> Beast Wars was the split point.
> Press on ship is chased by Maximal Ship and Autobot Security Force ship
> Crash land on planet (not Earth).
> Battles, stuff
> Dinobot discovers his mentor Ramulus and his small screw are stationed on the planet as protectors of Optimus Prime's Tomb
> Decepticon screw shows up, Gigatron outs BW Megatron because he is being incompetent
> BW Megatron discovers the tomb of Prime, corrupts the body and Optimus Prime (As Leo Convoy) starts rampaging against everyone.
> OpOo ends up putting him down.
> Eventually we end up back on Cybertron.
> Starscream (who started out possessing a shitty drone bot and working up in power, along with Tarantulas, Terrorsaur, and Skywarp work to reactivate an ancient super weapon they find, and get thwarted.

It kind of just went nowhere there. Generic Bots vs Cons shit.

Optimus Prime returns for real.

I also explain the "mixed ascetics" of combining lines as Transformers from other planets besides Cybertron. Almost everyone gets some sort of repurposed name.
>>
So since combiner wars has given us so much retools/redecos what can we expect from the new voyager?

Think about it.

>silverbolt/superion
g2 superion, galvatronus, BETAtron, UW superion
>optimus prime/ultra prime
menasor, optimus maximus, UW menasor, g2 menasor, grand scourge
>hotspot/defensor
UW defensor, bruticus, G2, MAYBE g2 decos?

What would skylynx/skyreign give us, predacons, another "original" combiner...

Or will the line just stop, we got headmasters/titan masters, wouldn't it be logical to end the line once skylynx is out so people can want their HEAD ON action...

Plus it gives them a way to apologize to us about the shitty redecos...I mean fucking blastoff
>>
>>5258006
It's likely that CW will just stop to allow for the transition to Titan Masters. The Skyreign wave may be even poorly distributed, like most other last waves.

It doesn't seem like Titan Masters have as many toys lined up from the start compared to CW, so it's possible that they'll use it for random-releases later on, including additional CW stuff.
>>
>>5258009
>poorly distributed
I hear that, right now in Australia we've only just gotten cyclonus and hotspot, with the limbs being optimus maximus.

AAAAAND thanks to a sale at a certain chain we've went from 10 of each on a shelf to 1 iron hide, if lucky.

I just wanted to make a white power prime and I've been denied cw prowl, shit, the one time they actually have fucking shit and poof its gone over 2 days
>>
>>5258015

This happens a lot these days and it irritates the fuck out of me as a collector.

I see new shit. Transformers, Marvel, whatever.

I can snatch it all up at once potentially straining my toy budget, or I can get a few now and a few later and space my enjoyment out.

The problem is, distribution is so fucked up I don't know if this will be the wave that appears once and vanishes forever or if it will be the wave that stores over stock that clogs the shelves for years.
>>
>>5257473

What 3p is that from?
>>
>>5258025
Takara Transformers Legends LG-EX G2 Black Convoy

To be exact
>>
>>5257980
I did that with Shockblast in satellite mode and with DotM Shockwave's cannon attached also.
>>
>>5258021
When the protectobot limbs came (long before hotspot) they shelf warmed for ages, some stores just stopped having pegs for the damn things.

When the optimus maximus limbs rolled in I got off my high horse with takara and grabbed what may be the last 3 of them in my state, and thought I'd never touch the O.M limbs, then the sale came that had me score each at 20% off and during the first 2 days of said sale they're...gone.

Funnily enough voyagers and legends are apart of said sale, but no one touched the cyclonus's, and not the legends, seeing how the newest we got was skywarp and rodimus, never once seen huffer here.

>>5258025
as >>5258028
said, a redeco of RTS optimus evoking g2 laser optimus, once of many and very much loved
>>
>>5256931
BotCon 2017 box set.
>>
>>5257905
>dat jealous Lugnut

Man I really liked Animated. I wish we got Season 4. We could have had a badass vampire Mindwipe!
>>
>>5257800

Fucking this.

>also: chzech'ed
>>
File: Universe2003toy-Frostbite.jpg (163KB, 822x421px) Image search: [Google]
Universe2003toy-Frostbite.jpg
163KB, 822x421px
I really wish modern TFs got the sculpting and paintwork that Beast Wars toys got. (Yes I am aware this is the Universe redeco)
>>
>>5258156
They where really trying to ape that McFarlane level of detail. Unfortunately, vehicleformers don't really allow for that level of detail
>>
>>5258157
They can with robot modes, we won't see that until we get off the cw train.

The deluxes are dug in by the combiner connector pegs
>>
File: Tell_me_all_your_problems.jpg (95KB, 1522x1144px) Image search: [Google]
Tell_me_all_your_problems.jpg
95KB, 1522x1144px
>>5258160
>>5258157
When they add extra detailing in places, people will complain about greebles and bayformer-aesthetics.
>>
>>5258169
I don't mean excessive detailing, just something to...well...

I know my generations seekers have more detail than the current combiner war harrier types, both in molding and (in dirge's case) paint apps.

I miss some of the beast wars pain apps and moldings but anything more than transmetals 2 trantulus is too much
>>
>>5258156

> better paintwork

Just buy Takara
>>
>>5258160

What is Movieverse....
>>
>>5258190
Hasbro has been so quiet about this thing, I'm hoping they've secretly cancelled it.
>>
>>5257905
Literally the best Shockwave.
>>
>>5258156

Cybertron was the last line that had awesome sculpting and paintwork.

Fuck that was an awesome toyline.
>>
>>5258089
Such hate filled words have never been said before. I'd love to grab a CW recolor of those guys to fight again my RiD Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Autobot Brothers. Would needs TA Black Convoy, too, so to round out the squads. Never could enjoy the RiD Predacons, though Gigatron was a cool toy. He may be my biggest regret of never purchasing.
>>
>>5257717
Normal gorilla primal had a faceplate.
>>
>>5257791
The left one is a pretty mediocre toy, but the paint looks nice. The right one looks alright, but the golden yellow kind of kills the paint scheme.
>>
>>5257968
You post this in so many threads. We get it. You gave your shockwave a better hand. We already said it was cool. How much validation do you need?
>>
File: G1-toy-Pyro[1].jpg (142KB, 755x500px) Image search: [Google]
G1-toy-Pyro[1].jpg
142KB, 755x500px
>>5258190
>roll eyes
>>
>>5258021
>>5258015

My local stores are literally drowning in Silverbolts. Each has to have at least 10 just sitting on the shelves.

No Aireialbots anywhere. A smattered mix of Protectobots and Stunticons, but no Hot Spot's or Motormaster's. It's a clusterfuck.
>>
>>5258190
How do you screw up a red fire truck?
Like they pulled numbers out of a hat to decide where the teal goes.
>>
Other than paint, is there a difference between TRU Megateonus and retail?
>>
File: 1435470093845.png (74KB, 133x232px) Image search: [Google]
1435470093845.png
74KB, 133x232px
>>5258190
My sides.

>It doesn't seem like Titan Masters have as many toys lined up from the start compared to CW, so it's possible that they'll use it for random-releases later on, including additional CW stuff.
It's not that there's not much lined up, they just haven't revealed it all. We'll see the rest of the furst wave at ToyFair most likely.
>>
>>5258333
Meant to reply to >>5258009 in the second part.
>>
File: BookedSolid.jpg (113KB, 496x563px) Image search: [Google]
BookedSolid.jpg
113KB, 496x563px
>>5258205

Maybe they're resculpting the chests.
>>
File: 20150614_144414.jpg (273KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20150614_144414.jpg
273KB, 2048x1152px
>>5258326
Singapore has a buy ANY four limbs get one free Silverbolt promotion for around the last few months now. The nice thing is that Wildrider and Slingshot were considered a regular wave, not shop exclusive.

There's also a buy three RID15 warriors get one free Strongarm promotion too.
>>
>>5258328
The headsculpt has it with the battlemask. >>5258333
>>
>>5258362
Did not mean to include >>5258333
>>
>>5258327
Uh they didn't? It's 95% red in vehicle mode, with only a stripe on the side and the bucket being teal. Quit being a baby.
>>
>>5258015
>>5258021
>>5258030
Tell me about it, bwcause my local Walmart is like "hurpa durpa dur, a Transformer is a Transformer" so all the pegs are clogged with old movie toys and RID15 shit.
>>
>>5258342
>comic book included!
>tfw canadians don't get comics
>>
>>5258390
Shut up you fuck
Its a stupid fucking colorscheme
>>
What parts should I use to add articulation to a Powermaster Prime trailer/"body"?
>>
>>5258089
TFCC doesn't give a fuck about a dediated RiD theme, they had multiple chances to do it, but they skipped it. I can only assume it's because the show was too japanese for geewunners to enjoy. This is probably why we won't get any dedicated AEC themes down the line too probably.

They did a Machine Wars theme of all things and then they mucked it up more by throwing in random Beast Machines characters for the heck of it.
>>
>>5258342
Any Singaporean anon want to middle man me a quickslinger? I fucked up and missed out on them.
>>
>>5258456
>complaining about color schemes
>in Transformers
>when shit like G2 existed
>when the various animeformers existed
>when Bayformers existed

Etc. It's hardly the worst color scheme ever seen in the line. I still consider the worst shit ever to be those garishly colored G2 DInobot reissues.
>>
>>5258455
The Optimus limb wave still has their comics.
>>
>>5257980
I'd throw in animated and Prime too just because, but it would throw of the aesthetics a bit.

Movie would make it even more awkward...
>>
>>5258502
Sadly I'm not interested in them.
>>
>>5258482

You're shitty-panel-lined-AB-anon, right?
>>
>>5258515
No? I don't even own AB.
>>
>Titan Masters Nightbeat and Squeezeplay are released
>Wave 3, 4, whatever of the Deluxes features their bodies but with new OC-donut-steel heads

Knowing Hasbro, this is probably on the plate.
>>
>>5258531

What are Titan Masters even supposed to be? Nothing comes to mind as 'titan' to me other than maybe Omega Supreme, Metroplex, Fortress Maximus, Trypticon, Primus, Unicron and Scorponok. And they can't be making a line solely of huge playset guys only, right?
>>
>>5258531
I'm okay with this option heads would be nice. I wish Blitzwing was done later, he could have came with 3 different headmasters so people wouldn't bitch about having the face change gimmick on the Generations one.
>>
>>5258540
>What are Titan Masters even supposed to be?
Titan Masters are Headmasters.

Just unlike the eighties you can't have a toyline with "Headmasters" in the title, so Hasbro renamed them.
>>
File: latest.png (386KB, 541x527px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
386KB, 541x527px
>>5258559
Not only that, there are gunna be targetmasters, powermasters, armmasters, handmasters, legmasters, feetmasters, chestmasters, shouldermasters, heartmasters, etc...
>>
>>5258551
The face changing gimmick wouldn't have been so maligned if it, you know, didn't suck, didn't overinflate his head, and didn't reduce the G1 Blitzwing update into an Animated Blitzwing redo instead.
>>
>>5258551
Then people would bitch that they have to switch to 3 different heads and wish he had come out earlier just so he can have a face change gimmick.
>>
>>5258567
Tf fans are never truly happy.

Also I think most people would have just stuck to the "g1 looking head'.
>>
>>5258559

Why can't you have a toyline named Headmasters anymore exactly? Are they just afraid people will make sex jokes out of it?
>>
>>5258612
pretty much yes.
>>
>>5258565
>tfw i thought that pic was Star Saber with the Energon Prime Force "limbs"
>>
>>5258342
For real? I'm going to Singapore the end of the month. I hope it's still going on.
>>
>>5258614

Who gives a shit though? Kids won't know to make the joke, and shit, plenty of Transformers over the years have had names that translate pretty well to sex jokes. And if they're trying to make a grab at nostalgia, why bother to change the name?

I loved the Headmasters line as a kid, but I totally wouldn't recognize "Titanmasters" as an adult.
>>
>>5258645
I think it's because "Titan Master" is a blanket term for head/power/targetmasters. I think a rep at Hasbro actually said so.
>>
>>5258663

Really? Weird.

How are Arcee/Chromia/Windblade as figures, /toy/? The US versions. Arcee herself is usually fucking $35+ bux online, but people sell sets with her+the other 2 for around $60-70 pretty often. So it works out to around 23-ish a figure, more or less. What did they originally retail for, probably around $15 right?
>>
>>5258455
Lucky ducks. Based Quebec.
>>
>>5258674
Windblade is garbage quality but I actually like the mold. Just don't buy the Hasbro version. Arcee is fantastic and I don't have Chromia.
>>
>>5258674
My US Arcee's hands snapped after trying to put the weapons in.

I don't know if the Takara release fixes this or not, but I would go with that if it does.
>>
>>5258685

Were they the closed or open fists? I have heard the hands are pretty fragile on the closed variety.

I mean, just looking at the toy, it looks like her hands can't take much pressure, open OR closed version. They look pretty thin,
>>
>>5258706
I think they were open. Wonder if there's an image comparing the two, that would also help in determining if I should buy the Takara one to replace it.
>>
>>5258565
>heartmasters
I think you'll find they're called "breastmasters"
>>
>>5257359
>I'd think Hasbro would want to shit out a bunch of new toys fresh in time for Christmas, when people are willing to toss wads of cash around.

Oh I remember when I was that naive...
>>
>>5258724
Indeed. Good times, eh?
>>
Am I the only one that's kinda glad we're getting some of these CW Autobot repaints? It helps with the aftermarket prices of their earlier Classics versions a bit. Take Mirage for example. I kept seeing him for $25-35 on eBay and now you can get him for around $20 instead. Hopefully Universe Hound will end up cheaper for others to get, too. I had to pay like $40 to get a complete one.

>>5258724
I mean, they -did- do that with Brainstorm and the Fembots, no?
>>
File: 104_1242.jpg (423KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
104_1242.jpg
423KB, 1920x1080px
>>5257288
In my mind, Ultra Magnus and Megatron are best buddies and have been since before the war started. They even meet up in secret for some brodowns and frank discussions. Once upon a time, I was going to do an animated short of them playing golf. D'oh well...

In addition Magnus hates Galvatron because of the following sentence: "What happened to you, Megs? You used to be cool..."
>>
>>5258749
>I mean, they -did- do that with Brainstorm and the Fembots, no?
By accident. Arcee and Chromia were solicited for much earlier. Like April. Then suddenly cancelled and resolicited for September. Then bungled until late November or early December.

Seriously, don't hold your breath on the Combaticons showing up before 2016.
>>
>>5258753
I still can't believe the most accurate G1 Megatron toy is still Animated Leader Megatron, despite the fact he turns into a helicopter.
>>
>>5258792
It's great to know there are blind people collecting Transformers and being part of the fandom.
>>
>>5258749
>Am I the only one that's kinda glad we're getting some of these CW Autobot repaints? It helps with the aftermarket prices of their earlier Classics versions a bit.
Yes, you're the only one. I don't buy the toys just because I feel the need to fill some character checklist. I buy toys because I like the toys, and I don't like any of these shitty CW molds. Prowl looks nice, but at that rate, I've already got MP Prowl, who makes any other Prowl look like crap, so what's the point?
>>
>>5257923
>that shit transformation
I'm in the factory reject camp
>>
>>5258805
At least you're proud enough to admit it.
>>
>>5257977
>Fuck proportions bigger is better.
>a big, $50 leader class toy with hollow joints and shitty engineering is better than a $10 scout/legends class of solid quality
You're one of those collectors who is part of the cancer.
>>
>>5258811
No you are part of the cancer.
>>
>>5258813
...fair enough.
>>
>>5258797
Thanks for the fast response, just won a bet.
>>
I need to see the Good Sleeps Constructicon plz
>>
File: picard titter.jpg (22KB, 720x527px) Image search: [Google]
picard titter.jpg
22KB, 720x527px
>>5258824
So he has to swallow when he sucks you off? Good to know.
>>
>>5258685
>>5258706
>>5258712

>had open fists arcee
>cut that stupid tab out of the bottom so she could hold her weapons

did i make a mistake
>>
>>5258834

Apparently people do cut the tab to make her weapons "fit" better, but personally, her hands are so thin from the pictures I'm looking at (I don't own her, probably gonna buy one though real soon), that I seriously wouldn't want to lose any plastic off of already thin looking hands.

They honestly should've just given her BIG, MEATY FISTS like everyone else so she didn't have that problem. Hell, they probably could've widened her figure a bit on the whole just so she had more plastic to her and didn't look so fragile.
>>
>>5258839

They are thin, but not too bad. The one thing I worry about is her thumb snapping off.
>>
>>5258841

Worst comes to worst you can glue it back on, but personally I'd just keep her weapons slotted into her arm side pegs or her leg holster pegs.
>>
>>5258565
You forgot thighmasters.
>>
>>5258946
l-lewd!
>>
>>5258803
I'm not a fan of most of the cw '84 autobots, but I'm glad they exist because it helps bring the prices down on their (better) classics predecessors. Since people have two choices for a generations mirage, for example, now it's cheaper for me to get the old classics mirage than it was before the cw one came out.
>>
So Toys R Us (in my area at least) has $10 off any $50 or more TF purchase including a shit ton of unwanted Bluestreak and I have a scan of their 20% off coupon, will that stack or does the 20% off coupon have that BS rule discouraging deal stacking because I'm indifferent with Bluestreak and would only consider buying him for like $40.

Toys R Us MP Smokescreen when?
>>
>>5259074
Try it and see, if not abort purchases.

And all hasbro mp's after prowl are shit, use caution and pray they pick up their qc when smokescreen comes
>>
>>5258749
no, I don't settle for worse versions of characters. I just save up for the one I actually want instead of wasting money on mediocre shit
>>
>>5259085
That's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is the aftermarket prices are going down on the good versions of the characters because now people also have other choices for some of the classics '84 autobots. Some of the prices on eBay for older figures are total rape and are just ridiculous.
>>
>>5259085

"Worse" is subjective. Remolds/repaints or no, I really like the CW line.

You want bad, just wait until this TW line hits. The aftermarket is going to be fucking flooded with bots missing heads/bodies, just you watch.
>>
>>5257692
Isn't Powerglide always a slight variation on the A-10?
>>
>>5259103
Even the old G1 HMs are everywhere in Ebay with missing pieces.
>>
File: MonsterHunterDamnit.jpg (79KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
MonsterHunterDamnit.jpg
79KB, 500x503px
>>5259108

And it's gonna be ten times worse with this upcoming line because it's probably gonna have a higher production run and also a sizeable aftermarket waiting to scalp your balls clean off.
>>
>>5259111
Going to wait for the Japanese release for most of them and I'm still hoping for either a TF Legends Minerva or a reissue Minerva.

It's fated since she got shown off that TF Legends Chromia comic.
>>
File: BIGGER_AND_BLACKER.jpg (231KB, 2208x1244px) Image search: [Google]
BIGGER_AND_BLACKER.jpg
231KB, 2208x1244px
>>5257791
I plan on displaying Combatacons with RiD Scourge, and having them beat up my RiD Prime every so often
https://youtu.be/HKtCXvK9y5o
>>
>>5257031

Which is which? Is the right Takara because it isn't covered in shitty translucent blue?
>>
just had a thought about Combiner Wars Groove, the Legends sized one. What would be the benefit of pegging 2 of them side by side with the peg/peg holes that currently appear to have no use? Other than "it would look cool" anyway
>>
>>5259074
>Toys R Us MP Smokescreen when?
Judging by what people are saying about Hasbro Bluestreak, and given that Smokescreen has one of the most complete and complex paint jobs of the MP line, I'd expect him to be a QC nightmare.
>>
>>5258826
pls

guys

i need him
>>
File: 101201521753.jpg (219KB, 897x960px) Image search: [Google]
101201521753.jpg
219KB, 897x960px
Has anyone successfully cut out that middle triangle on groove so that his windshield/chest can actually tab in?

I like the figure, but his waist is a wobbly mess.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>5259181
Not a constructicon, but will a good night Krok do? Tell him goodnight for some exclusive rest!
>>
Does Steeljaw have elbows?

They seem to be there but don't seem to bend...
>>
>>5259216
I mean it takes 2 seconds to search for that online, but yes.
>>
>>5259082
so bad an MP KO is better?
>>
>>5259219

But... but.. I like to ask my friends...
>>
>>5259233
We're not your friends buddy.
>>
>>5258674
You can get Windblade and Chromia on their own for cheap on Amazon. Takara Arcee is actually going for cheaper than Hasbro Arcee.

Avoid Hasbro Windblade, it'll probably have stress marks in the package, the shoulder pads like to fall off, etc. Takara Windblade is very hard to find though, you might be better off with the Iron Factory version.

Hasbro Chromia uses a soft flexible plastic for the light blue parts, the biceps especially flex way too easily for my liking. They also used that dumb clear plastic for the wheel struts so it looks like her feet lack heels. I don't have Takara Chromia but I can't imagine that having soft plastic plus they used a colored plastic for the clear bits.

Hasbro Arcee does feel like a slightly lower quality plastic to me, owning both. It's worst in the hands. Takara though painted the entire hand pink, even the inside. I found that sanding the gun handles down very slightly to make them just a hair thinner helps with preventing thumbs from snapping. Despite the thin handles they are 5mm pegs(or close to it, being the sides are flat) so you can give her swords to old G1/G2/pre modern toys or whatever.

You might be able to score the SDCC versions loose. I almost got a Chromia but the ugly face deco put me off. And being a Hasbro set I silently wonder if the QC is shit.
>>
>>5259243
>be better off with the iron factory version
I don't think he wants a tiny kawaii tumblr fan art style version that's overpriced.
>>
>>5258480
I suspect the reason RID isn't much getting anything at all is because Disney owns the rights to the US dub of the cartoon, not Hasbro. They aren't willing to homage a series they can't even air on Hub or sell DVD sets of.
>>
>>5259247
and $50 or so for Takara Windblade isn't overpriced?

>tiny kawaii tumblr fan art

You act like the "strong independent woman with small tits who don't need no man" SJW IDW version is better.
>>
>>5259238

I'll call you friend if I want, pal...
>>
>>5259252
He wants the character and the deluxe is more accurate to the character. Im sorry you're offended, but your overpriced legends (one that started off overpriced without scalping) bad fan art stylized is not for everyone. It looks like it should have a gimmick to make it blush.
>>
>>5259249
Why does Disney own the rights?
>>
>>5259255
Have you seen Takara's Windblade art? I'm surprised they didn't resculpt the face and chest to make it look almost the same as the IF version. I'm surprised they didn't resculpt Chromia to have insanely huge tits like the artwork does. Japan does not give a shit about SJWs.

>>5259257
Saban handled the dubbing and Hasbro never cared to make sure they had the rights secured.
>>
http://www.nonnef.com/collections/all-products/products/combiner-wars-hip-ratchet-upgrade
-anyone dealt with Nonnef? I'm thinking of just buying these replacement ratchets instead of waiting for a fixed Menasor to appear.
>>
File: CW-Legends-Chop-Shop-01.jpg (86KB, 1074x662px) Image search: [Google]
CW-Legends-Chop-Shop-01.jpg
86KB, 1074x662px
So this is actually a pretty good likeness and a great re-use of an already great mold, but I feel like even a few short years ago, Hasbro would have at least remolded the pincers, seeing as how they're a completely separate part, to make them look more like Chop Shop's.

Also, I only just got Shrapnel a few days ago. Holy shit he's magnificent. The engineering of his Transformation makes an absolute joke out of 99% of Hasbro's current retail line.
>>
>>5258266
Animated had great sculpting, what are you talking about?
>>
>>5259292
He probably doesn't like the style.
>>
>>5259290
He's good, but bombshell is better. They go so well together not just because they're insecticons, but also in articulation and everything.
>>
>>5259243

A got a US Arcee+Chromia that worked out to be cheaper than buying either version of Arcee+Chromia by themselves. Unfortunately, I'm not made of money, so I had to get what was good and cheap.
>>
>>5259290
>>5259297

The only thing that keeps them from being perfect is the lack of colour matching. It's a minor quibble, but yeah.

Also, I'm really looking forward to Chopshop legends... I'm looking add more to my growing Insecticon army.
>>
>>5259297
>He's good, but bombshell is better
I know that's the prevailing sentiment, but I'm not so sure I agree. Bombshell's colors are better, and I think his alt. mode is probably tighter (and cuter) but his transformation is so basic. I guess that's not something to really complain about on a Legends class, but when I was figuring out Shrapnel for the first time, I was like "Oh... whoah."

Also, I bought the Takara versions, so Shrapnel actually gets some pretty sweet paint apps.
>>
>>5258266
You never owned a single ROTF/DOTM toy, do you?
>>
>>5259307
This. Also, Shrapnel's insect leg kibble is on his back. It's still in the way, somewhat, but I find it easier to deal with than Bombshell's, being on his shins.
>>
File: 042_convoy_bot_1224435023.jpg (160KB, 809x1000px) Image search: [Google]
042_convoy_bot_1224435023.jpg
160KB, 809x1000px
>>5257288
>Optimus Primal's ultra class figure had a mechanism that could make the arms spin at the elbow, so obviously he had a super Tornado punch.
>Shattered Glass Predaking is Gaogaigar
>The Brave Series came about as a result of Megatron trying to kill Optimus in the Beast Wars. Because of the nature of the Matrix of Leadership and the multiple parties playing hopscotch with time around that point, one of the many MANY resulting timelines is one where Cybertron never existed, but Primus still worked by proxy to protect the universe.
>>
>>5259516
Speaking of Primal, I wonder when we will see more of his MP figure.
>>
>>5259254
Can I call you names?

I don't want friends I just want excuses to call people silly names like alpha bravo
>>
File: IMG_20151102_245502662.jpg (862KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151102_245502662.jpg
862KB, 1456x2592px
Convince me to sell Megatron.
>>
>>5259556
Why do you want to sell him?
>>
>>5259556

Not G1 styled? Toss it into a fire.
>>
File: IMG_20151102_010950404.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151102_010950404.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>5259560
He is a pretty shit figure and I'm not that interested in Prime anymore.
Same goes for Mangus here. I thought the transformation was great but the rest of the figure is just awkward.

>>5259567
Dumb nigga.
>>
>>5259556
Sell him, then buy one of the non-vanilla versions,
> Sharkticon Megatron
>Arms micron Megatron with buster sword
> Arms Micron Darkest Megatron with edgy scythe
> Dark Energon Megatron
>>
>>5259589
Then why don't you want to sell them?
>>
>>5259594
I wanted that fucking Bat Scythe minicon, but they never released it by itself. I will never enjoy Hell Bat Scrander.
>>
>>5259595
I have hoarder genes which I have to fight constantly.
I want to sell them but something tells me I shouldn't and keeps me procrastinating.

>>5259594
I thought of buying their Shockwave as it is the most imposing Shockwave yet but I've heard his hips are shit.
>>
>>5259600
You can buy it, ninja the arms micron then sell it to >>5259556
>>
>>5259259
From what I've been told, his shit's good, but it's a miracle for it to be in stock.
>>
>>5259603

> Hoarder Genes...

Fuck I can never bring myself to sell shit and I always regret it.

I could tell you where any singular figure is though within five minutes, probably less than one.

I have like a thousand Transformers.... A lot are sorted into storage though. I rotate what I display regularly.
>>
>>5259259
I ordered some for my motormaster and they work perfectly
>>
File: TFA Roadbuster Complete Bio.png (2MB, 3328x3440px) Image search: [Google]
TFA Roadbuster Complete Bio.png
2MB, 3328x3440px
>>5258100
maybe even Roadbuster and the Wreckers!
>>
>>5259607
>>5259615
Very well I shall order these so Motormaster is one step towards not sucking.
>>
>>5259259

Just fish around on ebay. You're looking for Motormasters with an embossed code beginning with 5.

Or the UW Menasor release.

Both have fixed joints.
>>
>>5257791
How about the right one with the left one's colorscheme.

I mean I fucking love Grand Scourge, but I'm talking RiD Scourge here.
>>
>>5259616
>that last paragraph
gurren laggan much? i know its still question since they said the forklift guy was inspired by it too, but still.
>>
>>5259660

GL came out a year before animated so there was a lot of GL shit in the designs. Soundwave has the Kamina glasses.
>>
>>5259660
There's a lot of inspirations from franchises in TFA. Look at Sentinel Prime. He looks that way for a reason.
>>
>>5259136
Scourge is being lewd and trying to expose his breast screwholes.
>>
Huh. I've been watching CW Cyclonus for a few days now on Amazon. He's dropped over 14% since I added him. He's now around 15-16 bux. I wonder if he'll keep dropping.
>>
>>5257288
I had a sort of East Coast/West Coast/Great Lakes Avengers thing going on with my Autobots. The idea was that while The Ark acted as the main Autobot base, there'd be separate side teams operating in different cities. I don't remember most of them, but I remember a few groups

>The Ark would house Prime, Bumblebee, Jazz, Ratchet, The Dinobots, and a bunch of the other "main" Autobots
>Ultra Magnus would be in charge of a team based in Miami consisting of Hot Rod, Tracks, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, and RID Sideburn, much to his disdain
>There was a team consisting of the bulkier/off-road Autobots like Ironhide or Hoist but I don't remember who was in charge. I think they were based in the mid-west
>I forget who was in them but there was a group based in the UK and a team based in Japan
>The Aerialbots were their own group with some others like Powerglide and Breakaway. Since they had air mobility they could theoretically operate anywhere

The Decepticons acted as a whole and just had whoever was around for attacks, though Megatron rarely ever led the attack (It was usually Starscream, Soundwave or a "Megatron Clone")
>>
>>5259258
>Have you seen Takara's Windblade art? I'm surprised they didn't resculpt the face and chest to make it look almost the same as the IF version. I'm surprised they didn't resculpt Chromia to have insanely huge tits like the artwork does. Japan does not give a shit about SJWs.

Neither does Hasbro you neckbearded fuck. America was always afraid of titties and sex. It's a country built by puritans.
>>
File: SignalLancer.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
SignalLancer.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
When will we ever see a toy of this guy?
>>
>>5258156
I miss the airbrushing so much. Generations Skybyte made the difference in paint from then and now so much more obvious. RiD had even more paint apps than the Transmetal 2 Cybershark if I recall correctly too. There's a lot of detailing that's not painted. I mostly miss airbrushing and shading though. It looks so nice.

Also I had no idea they made a repaint of that guy. I used to own the original as a kid and now I have to track him down!
>>
>>5259696
I'm pretty sure a third party company is doing him.
>>
>>5259696
None of the good third party companies are making one either, makes me kinda sad.
>>
>>5259290
>even a few short years ago

Nah, it was always hit or miss. The mold changing up like Springer or Wheeljack or Combiner Wars is still a new thing. Years ago was more "Eh, you MIGHT get a new head. If we feel like it. Maybe."

That's why people flipped their shit over the Cybertron Defense Force in Cybertron. They were upgrades that weren't JUST repaints.
>>
>>5259696
>>5259701

There is a Shapeways one available, and Nonnef has said he plans on doing a production run of it.
>>
File: reduced-image_9961_106.jpg (47KB, 640x797px) Image search: [Google]
reduced-image_9961_106.jpg
47KB, 640x797px
Anyone else waiting for MP Tracks to be shipped?
>>
>>5259729

I'm waiting for the payment request.
>>
>>5259693
I had a similar idea. The G1 84/85 crew would be at the Ark. RailRacer and Car Bros, Skidz and Towline would be in Japan. Throttlebots would be on the road. Omnicons/Minicons would be working with human characters. And then a team of Decepticons Scavengers would be hiding out in somewhere like Russia and doing favors for energon like Trypticons and Octane in G1.
>>
>>5259258
>Saban handled the dubbing and Hasbro never cared to make sure they had the rights secured.
So fucking retarded that they'd make a mistake that far into their franchise.

>>5257766
Why? The original Scourge toy is the best.

>>5258480
Why would you want a dedicated theme? It would just mean even more ham-fisted applications of characters to inappropriate molds.
I'd rather they throw themes completely out the window if it means the best use of molds.
I'm even getting the impression that Hasbro's fucking things up with FunPub by insisting they use more recent molds, which stops FunPub from doing potentially interesting things like... not all CW figures. Holy shit, I hope there are some non-CW figures next year.

>>5259091
But that doesn't always reliably happen. I wish I could understand why. Maybe it has to do with the availability of a DEFINITIVE original version of a character. Something like BotCon Darkside Megatron doesn't compete with a beast mode Megatron, so it retains it's value. Despite 3rd party offerings, there's no good G1 Ironhide to make BotCon 2005 Ironhide not insanely valuable despite other figures from that year being worthless.
>>
>>5259814
It wasn't so much a mistake so much as it was apathy. RiD was rushed out the door to buy them time to retool Transtech/make Armada.
>>
>some people are still carrying on about the PWTT debacle
It's over, finished. Why can't they just move on to something else to bitch about?
>>
File: FUCKFUCKFUCK.gif (23KB, 850x429px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKFUCKFUCK.gif
23KB, 850x429px
>Combiner Wars leader class figures are 40% off at Toys R Us in Canada right now

I swear to fucking god they have person spying on me, that waits till I buy transformers, and then puts all the ones I just bought on sale a week later.
>>
File: kawaiife.jpg (99KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
kawaiife.jpg
99KB, 800x533px
>>5259854

I'm sorry that happened to you
>>
>>5259854
That's like Retail 101, anon.
>>
>>5259854
Just curious, and only because I am curious.

What other transformers have you purchased lately?
>>
File: cw galvatronus.jpg (145KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
cw galvatronus.jpg
145KB, 1024x1365px
>>5258778
CW has been pretty on-time with releases. I remember seeing the Protectobots on shelves the same week that GENETIC completed the pictorial session on that forum.
>>
>>5259665
I've always thought TFA Sentinel Prime looks like Buzz Lightyear.
>>
>>5259916
I always thought he looked like The Tick.
>>
>>5259920
Never heard of the guy before, but yeah he does.
>>
>>5259920
>>5259916
It's the chin. THE CHIIIINNNNN
>>
>>5259729
Just the people with taste.
>>
>>5256858
The WalMart redeco actually "inspired" me to use the lenshead jets as Deluxe-scale stand-ins for the G2 Decepticon Cyberjets. The coloring is even similar: Dreadwing for Space Case (yeah, I know there is a movie Space Case), Overcast for Skyjack, and, naturally, Fearswoop for Hooligan.

The actual Cyberjets are superior, I know, but it's a scale thing.
>>
>>5259729
I'm waiting for the $30 Hong Kong special edition :^)
>>
File: test.jpg (64KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
64KB, 500x421px
How much is the ROTF bludgeon worth these days?

I really wanted that mold, right now best I've seen is 7000yen, I say best because I know it ain't a damn bootleg nor has someone customized it.

Yet I can get cloud megatron slightly cheaper, its the fact I already have many tank megatrons that I just don't need another posing as a samurai.

Thoughts?
>>
>>5259921
The same voice actor {if we're talking about The Tick cartoon and not the live-action show.}

>>5259854
Shit. I hope that wasn't this past weekend, or stuff is getting sold out. I never check Canadian TF news sites because it's so rare there's something worth reporting.
>>
>>5259978
Pretty much all ROTF/RTS toys have skyrocketed in value. In fact, they may be objectively the best TF toyline ever.
>>
New thread: >>5259985
>>
>>5259978
He makes a good Bludgeon, but not a good Megatron. He's just too gangly.
The Bludgeon head is kinda junk though, but what can you do but pay more for a 3rd party add-on. I haven't bothered to do that yet because I wasn't really blown away by any of them.
US stuff looks so much more expensive in Japan, at least going by Mandarake listings. Isn't it still cheaper to get it on eBay?
>>
>>5259987
>>5259984

Cheapest one is from hong kong, that worries me, plus most are from the US...I'm not so shipping is more than from Japan.

I might get something not tf related instead, a shame really, I have to agree about the megatron comment and the head while it could of been better....I don't know.

Just checking if I wasn't going to rip myself off, if there was another smaller better one Id go there, cheers, just trying to cram shit into my order from mandarake
>>
>>5259920
That's because he was voiced by the guy who voiced The Tick.
>>
>>5257318
mine broke
>>
>>5257791
anyone who has difficulty choosing between these is a fucking retard.
>>
>>5259854
That's why I never buy anything until it goes on sale.
And because nothing in shelves right now is really worth retail but YMMV.
>>
>>5260216

I really enjoy Hotspot but agreed on the rest.
>>
>>5260686
I hear nothing but praise on the guy so I'm hyped enough for Onslaught.
>>
>>5259729
I'm waiting for Road Rage. I collect femmebots, and RR's been a character I've wanted to have a figure of for a while. Besides, the AmiAmi preorder is, like, $35 or $40 plus shipping, practically the cost of a Leader class locally.
>>
File: 2015-11-03 02.54.52.jpg (1016KB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-03 02.54.52.jpg
1016KB, 2322x4128px
I fished some of my old Universe/Classics era toys out of a box while moving some things.

The quality's not quite as good as I remember...
>>
>>5259978
I have a Bludgeon with the perfect effect samurai kit. He's a good figure, but one of his hips is a little weak. I'm thinking about selling him if you're interested
>>
>>5257056
noo...paint would help, but they clearly used photoshop to change the shape of her eyes and mouth.
>>
>>5263217
If only simple repainting could fix everything...
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.