[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sphere BB8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: sphero-new-droid-2.jpg (188KB, 940x555px) Image search: [Google]
sphero-new-droid-2.jpg
188KB, 940x555px
Does anyone have one?
Is it worth getting?
>>
>>5207551
Tiny af, travels at 6000 mph resulting in crashes, won't stop wobbling, and the sounds emit from your phone instead of the actual droid. Not worth the 150 USD price tag from what I've seen.
>>
>>5207555
the fat guy from toybreak was playing withthat target exclusive one thats a bit larger and remote controlled. he recommends that
>>
>>5207557
heard it was more plastic-y

>>5207555
Is it well made?
>>
>>5207565
The Sphero one uses a much more high quality material, yes.
>>
>>5207565
from the live demonstration he seemed to be enjoying it a lot more than aileen was struggling with linking her phone to the gold plated paper weight
>>
>>5207568
a mcdonalds big mac can be made of kobe beef but fast food is still fast food
>>
this thing basically requires a smart phone. how many poor families brought a smart phone just to play withthis?
>>
>>5207551
>spend $150 on Sphero BB8
>need smartphone bluetooth connection to use
>spend $80 for Hasblow BB8
>comes with controller but needs a ton of batteries
>>
>>5207574
I feel bad for the poor kids who got this thing instead of an RC car or something. $150 is a stupid amount of money for something like this.
>>
Since everyone is talking out if their asses because they have no experience with one, I'll bite.

Yes, it's small. But well made. It is a bummer you need a phone for the controls and the sound, but it's not a big deal for me. It is pretty zippy and has nice personality, but dumb as a rock in explore mode, always managing to get stuck in a corner

A nice novelty item, but overpriced, as are most star wars toys.

It's up to you if you think it'll be worth it, but it does work fairly well overall.
>>
>>5207586
the hasbro one looks a lot more fun than you failure
>>
>>5207589

You hurt my feelings
>>
The Hasbro one is garbage, like a slow retarded version of the Sphero one. The Sphero BB8 has the correct motion, nice and smooth and moves a lot faster. Unfortunately it's overpriced for what it does.

BUT, there is a chance that people will customize the firmware in the future and make it a lot more fun to use.
>>
>>5207619
i trust the fat guy from toybreak and he said its simpler to operate than silly bluetooth
>>
>>5207551
I have the Sphero one, I think it's great. It's a lot of fun. It's small, but if you can spare the $$$, go for it.
>>
I had one for a day and then returned it. It was fun, but not $150 worth of fun.
>>
>>5207551
Why the fuck is there already merch from a movie that isn't even out yet
>>
>>5207793
Kikes gonna kike
>>
>>5207793
They know that if it's anything like episode 1, merchandising will be more successful BEFORE people know what it's like.
>>
>>5207652
>why didn't he just stick it on ebay?
>check the sold listings
kek, scalpers got screwed.

>>5207793
This is only 1/3 of all the shit. Be afraid.
>>
>>5207793
Have you even looked at toys from major movies this millennium? This isn't new.
>>
>>5207818
no body cared abotu rebootcop though
>>
>>5207809
I thought about hanging onto it to resell, but with everyone talking about what a huge seller it was going to be I felt like the market was going to be oversaturated with the things come shopping season and it would be easier and safer to just get my money back now.
>>
>>5207824
Good.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.