[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So a friend of mine recommended this site to me. Anyone got experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: aliexpress.png (13KB, 1024x249px) Image search: [Google]
aliexpress.png
13KB, 1024x249px
So a friend of mine recommended this site to me. Anyone got experience with it? I'm mainly interested in the anime stuff but the pricing seems to good to be true in most cases.
>>
A lot of the toys they sell are bootlegs. It's a good place to go if that's what you're looking for, though.
>>
It's basically chinese ebay for western market. Thousands of sellers, different quality. If any deal is too good to be true, it's probably a bootleg. If it's 5-10% cheaper than normal it MIGHT be genuine, but might not
>>
>>5192451
Its the place to go if you want bootlegs.

there was a thread a while ago saying it was a good place to get mecha hangars, because they were almost exactly the same as the real version
>>
File: P1010033.jpg (753KB, 2288x1712px) Image search: [Google]
P1010033.jpg
753KB, 2288x1712px
>>5192451
I actually bought two things from this store. Thing is, they take very long to deliver (like a month) but the items looked as legit as can be. First was an unreleased Jakks Excadrill, and the other was a big Lights/sounds Black Kyurem figure
>>
How many years until we can't tell the difference between bootleg and genuine any more?
>>
>>5192528
Yeah that is a bit of the impression I'm getting. Some of these figures I can only distinguish because of the bases they come with.
>>
>>5192528
>Jakks
Well, those are shit to begin with so it would be hard to tell a difference.
>>
>>5192451
If you like shitty bootlegs then go for it.
>>
>>5192544
They seem to have improved a lot recently.
>>
>>5192529
Now.

item/Hot-Toys-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Groot-1-6-Scale-PVC-Action-Figure-Collectible-Model-Toy/32363340603.html
>>
>>5192561
Forgot pic.
>>
>>5192561
>>5192566
I sincerely hope that's actual bootleg and those are real pics of it.

The figure industry is one big overpriced scam, only the Chinese can save us.
>>
>http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Captain-America-PVC-Action-Figure-Collectible-Model-Toy-9-23cm/1453069_32353922527.html
>"crazy" toys Cap
>23 bucks
This has to be a scam.
>>
>>5192573
One /toy/ anon already owns it, bought it off eBay. He can provide more pics but it's of good quality according to him.
>>
>>5192573
>The figure industry is one big overpriced scam,

> hur durr I should only have to pay the material costs for things

fuck off.
>>
>>5192680
You and I both know they work with huge profit margins.
>>
>>5192451
The place is full of bootlegs and chinese jews, most of the time I found betters deals in Ebay.
>>
>>5192451
Site is really good. They sell a lot of cheap bootlegs and they also sell legit things too for really cheap.

Though if it's too good to be true, it is.
>>
>>5192529
The chinese used to be really close before vidya kicked in at full force, the difference is that now they focus on the adult market like >>5192561, >>5192566 while the kid's market is just them trolling kids through their ignorant parents/grandparents using insane fad tie-ins.
>>
>>5193080
Sounds about right.

Some of their bootlegged MP Transformers and DBZ Figuarts are near perfect, and even fake MTG cards the tournament officials cannot tell them apart from the genuine cards sometimes.
>>
I use it specifically to buy bootlegs, most recently the oversized Transformers AoE diecast guys...

Other than that I wouldn't really trust it.
>>
>>5192605
Looks like a bootleg Marvel Select.
>>
>>5192561
Found another Hot Toys bootleg, this time it's AoU's Captain America going for $49.79 though nowhere near as good a quality as the Hot Toys Groot.

The description mentions it's articulated/movable joints but I suspect they just did a direct casting of the HT figure with its outfit on and possibly only put balljoints in the shoulders.

>http://www.aliexpress.com/item/31CM-The-Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Captain-America-1-6-Joint-Movable-Boxed-PVC-Action-Figure/32464897509.html
>>
>>5192605
it's aliexpress, of course it is, you idiot.
>>
>>5193464
It's not a scam, it's just a Marvel Select (bootleg).
>>
File: 20150804_172224.jpg (386KB, 1297x1427px) Image search: [Google]
20150804_172224.jpg
386KB, 1297x1427px
heres the black kyurem i bought, just for the record
>>
>>5193496
Looks pretty good. Paint looks a bit chipped in places but otherwise seems to be a nice figure.
>>
File: 10623_900.jpg (76KB, 900x570px) Image search: [Google]
10623_900.jpg
76KB, 900x570px
>>5194631
forgot to mention that his head was popped off its neck and hanging by the electronic wires when i received it. in the end, it still has lights+sounds even if the action button is a bit unresponsive
>>
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cute-Nendoroid-Cardcaptor-Sakura-400-PVC-Action-Figure-Collection-Model-Toy-4-10CM-Free-Shipping-MNFG077/32270046065.html?ws_ab_test=201556_6,201527_1_35_36_71_33_72_34_73_74_75,0_0

Is Sakura worth the gamble?
>>
What about their figma bootlegs? any good?
>>
I've only used aliexpress for cheap soccer jerseys. Quality is surprisingly very good. My $15 arsenal knockoff shirt looks identical to the $90 one.
>>
>>5198123
Their Figmas tend to be a lot worse in quality.

You can obviously try and ask for a refund if it's really shit, but I can't guarantee that's it's even half decent.
>>
>>5198123
i got the figma mikasa (AoT) for $20 austrlian a little while back and i reckon its pretty damn good, i dont have the real one so i cant completely compare them, but it poses very well and looks fantastic, also all the accessories are great and it comes with tons of them. thats the only one i've bought from alie tho, so i dont know if any others are good.
>>
So what are the odds that this ends up a shitty bootleg?
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Free-shipping-TERA-The-Exiled-Realm-of-Aborea-ELIN-Figure-Arcadia-NEW-SEALED/1796819_32472396360.html
>>
>>5198137

Aliexpress is fucked for refunds. I bought some wearables for my 1/6th stuff, and the item arrived so badly cut that instead of a snug fit it hung like droopy pajamas. Shot a refund request. The seller insisted on either a full tracked return or a $3 discount refund.

I stood my ground and said I received something different from the samples and description. They insisted it was a "minor" difference and that I'm just being subjective.

I raised the seller to aliex, and they sided with the seller and closed the case with a $3 refund.

When I left negative feedback, the seller asked me why. Later Aliex "moderated" my feedback and removed the text I left asking buyers to beware from the product review.

Really, for them and taobao, just buy stuff you don't give much fucks about. Their system is rigged to protect their own Chinese sellers.
>>
I only use Taobao myself, but I also don't buy bootlegs (stuff I buy on Taobao is actually only stuff from chinese artists in my hobby of choice, since they rarely sell outside of China).

Aliexpress is for bootlegs and made to rip off silly westerners who can't see a difference and don't know better.
>>
>>5201749
999/1000 that's it's a bootleg.
>>
>>5201802

There are China ebay sellers who sell their stolen figures, high quality KOs and 3p Transformers cheaper on aliexpress.
>>
>>5203703
Yeah, because the fees are probably lower?

Don't get what you want to tell me here.
Keep in mind that it's also a great way to lure people into buying bootlegs because while most realized that ebay can be a risky place to buy from they do not apply that knowledge automatically onto another store with the same products.

Still won't buy from that place. Zero interest in bootlegs or shitty fake toys and if I want something from a chinese person I either contact them directly or use their Taobao shop.
>>
Lately on eBay with the KO TF sellers in China, with more than a few of them in recent months, that they either sell their accounts or get hacked, because a formerly honest seller will suddenly drop all their prices by half, make a lot of sales, and a month later they get flooded with negative feedback because no one got anything.

At least with eBay you can get refunded, but Ali seems to have a habit of siding with sellers unless you bypass them and file direct with Paypal.

MP KOs are typically around $30-$35 shipped, KO G1 Primes are around $40-$45(up to $70 for the solid white version), and 3P have their typical going prices. Avoid the sellers who drop well below that. That $17 shipped G1 Prime I saw on eBay this weekend? I bet no one gets their orders.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.