[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toys when? I need to get slappy and the pumpkin heads as figures,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (61KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 300x450px
Toys when? I need to get slappy and the pumpkin heads as figures, also the aliens, nosferatu, and ofcourse the fucking garden gnomes.
>>
File: po.jpg (15KB, 296x355px) Image search: [Google]
po.jpg
15KB, 296x355px
>>5182558
I just want more Jack Black toys.
>>
>>5182558

Give me the fucking Creep(s) as figures too, I love how they look for this movie.
>>
>>5182582
Yeah, they really did do the creeps justice.
>>
File: thm.jpg (74KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
thm.jpg
74KB, 940x529px
I want a figure of this girl wearing The Haunted Mask.
>>
I always wanted Goosebumps action figures. As a kid I had to settle for this line of unarticulated figures permanently attached to bases.
>>
File: 1398433831412.gif (334KB, 293x181px) Image search: [Google]
1398433831412.gif
334KB, 293x181px
>S.H. Figuarts Slappy
>>
>>5182582
>>5182586
How do the creeps look in the movie? Don't remember seeing them in the promos unless they changed their look a bit.
>>
File: goosebumps_movie_creeps.png (260KB, 492x346px) Image search: [Google]
goosebumps_movie_creeps.png
260KB, 492x346px
>>5187152

I love that they even included one.
>>
Why isn't this an anthology film like Creepshow or Trick or Treat instead of goofy Jack Black doing goofy Jack Black things?
>>
Is Uncle Al from Camp Nightmoon gonna be getting a figure?
>>
File: grimReaper1_M.jpg (311KB, 666x999px) Image search: [Google]
grimReaper1_M.jpg
311KB, 666x999px
For the longest time I thought the loose Grim Reaper toy from the Bill and Ted toyline was meant to be Curly the skeleton mascot from Goosebumps. It still resembles Curly better than the actual Reaper from the movie(who was a Seventh Seal parody).

It does kinda bug me that this movie seems to be more of a collection of "remember THIS bookcover!" rather than try to have the monsters have their own personalities. Even something more like Monster Squad would've been better I think. Maybe a straight-up 90's setting would be asking too much, but I would've wanted more of that tone to really come across in the movie, and it doesn't seem like it does.
>>
>>5187374

Because kids today are too short-minded for a film of that type.
>>
>>5187481
Not really. I'd say it's just movie studios wanting to do cliche monster on loose family flick that's not as good as monster squad.
>>
This movie seems a bit...misguided. It seems to be aiming for a rather young demographic, yet said demographic is actually too young to know or remember Goosebumps. And it clearly is banking on nostalgia, with a lot of nudge-nudge-wink-wink references and cameos. I think it's going to end up not knowing who to pander to and become a mess. Tone too childish for those of us who actually grew up with Goosebumps, and references lost on the younger set.

Anyway, I do sorta like the meta premise, and feel that it's ripe for showcasing a ton of monsters, but I am a little bit worried that they won't go all-out on that front, at least judging by what I've seen so far. Goosebumps had such a long run that there's a ton of material to draw on, I hope they don't just pick a handful of random monsters and call it a day.
>>
>>5187523
>yet said demographic is actually too young to know or remember Goosebumps

I don't know about that. R.L. Stein is still writing Goosebumps books, or at least was for a while and they're still reprinting the old ones. My younger cousins also read them.
>>
>>5187528
Oh, seriously? I had no idea. Figured he quit long ago. And I also didn't know they were reprinting them, my nephew and nieces had no clue what Goosebumps were when asked so I guess I had them pegged as a relic of the past.
>>
I still remember ordering Goosebumps books from those Scholastic order forms. Man those were good times.
>>
>>5187536
If you go to Target - they have a number of the older volumes reprinted out for sale in their kid and Halloween book selection.
>>
>>5187523
I'm most concerned that it's going to be a long line of just throwing monsters out for the audience to see rather than trying to utilize them in the plot as anything more than a direct physical obstacle. For instance I'd love it if the Creeps were used throughout the movie, continually calling the characters at inopportune moments before finally being used by one of the main characters pretending to be their commander. Or it would be cool if during a large portion of the story they were also simultaneously in a game of tag with the Beasts.
>>
They definitely could've come out with some terrible Goosebumps action figures back in the 90s. We got a bunch of crappy Goosebumps merchandise instead. I still don't get why we needed Curly the skeleton as a mascot since Goosebumps did have plenty of iconic villains like Slappy, Haunted Mask, etc. Why did they always use a generic Mummy/generic Werewolf/Curly for most of their merchandise.

Hell as a kid I always wanted a book based on Curly, I'm sure they could've easily written one, it's not like quality was a concern, at least make it so there is a reason for Curly to exist.

>>5187523
Goosebumps was always for kids, hell even NIckelodeon's Are you afraid of the Dark? Skewed for older kids. There are constant Goosebump reprints and actual new series currently running written by RL Stine. This movie is a Jumanji film with horror characters which kids or adults that will recognize the random characters appearing but if you don't care you still see "scary" characters chasing our "heroes".
>>
>>5182558
bump
>>
File: 91WEI-1TtlL._SX355_.jpg (34KB, 355x306px) Image search: [Google]
91WEI-1TtlL._SX355_.jpg
34KB, 355x306px
>>5188873
>>5182638

>No Goosebumps action figures.

Oh ye of little faith!
>>
>>5194354
Oh shit I knew there was a Slappy figure but is that the scarecrow walks at midnight in the top left?
>>
>>5182638
You just blew my fucking head right off my dick
The feels
>>
>>5187582
I was at Barnes & Noble a few months ago and they had a promo for a free Goosebumps book light if you bought like $15 of Goosebumps books.
>>
>>5187316
Love the look of the Creeps. It's like something out of an 80's horror movie.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.