[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ThreeA General: READ POPBOT EDITION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 26

File: 1popbotKITTY.jpg (22KB, 400x300px)
1popbotKITTY.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
Read Popbot here, I graciously uploaded it, I'll put up the WWR comic from last thread soon too
https://imgur.com/a/kPeUh#0

New to 3A? Want to know where to buy or how things work? Read Baka's guide -
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16ZwDs7TsW2X3OdTcYlBsLs4LNFFGcPsq4a9sGixApKc/pub

NEWS
Did your Cornelius' noggin snap off? Send photos to CS and recieve a replacement body free of charge!
Shipping updates supposedly coming very soon, but this IS Ash we're talking about.
>>
Any new WWR or Evol bots on the horizon? I haven't been paying attention much.
>>
>>4187613
Well Rothchild and Caesar 1.5 went up a week or so ago, The Caesar was a 3AA only superset with battle damaged Rothy though. Evol Square, aka foursquare, was previewed at the Thai toy expo but no word on when its going up yet. There is also the WF Iron Pandas superset going up soon.
>>
His without saying, if you want a 3aa only exclusive, but aren't a member, I'll be your middleman.
>>
>>4187645
I may require your assistance is TKLUB Archer is actually released this year...
>>
>>4187662
Sure man, if I ain't buying it, I'll middleman for anyone.
>>
Haven't been following 3A news much. Any Popbot figures on the way? The 1/6 figures are out of my price range but I collect the smaller figures. Ban Baka he's ruining my life!
>>
>>4187832
Ash says a new Pops is in the works currently.
>>
There's the TK hunter bot coming eventually and the inevitable one billion TKs and TQs, and there was a bit of chitchat about Misty Slush and her ball-bot a while back but other than that there hasn't been much news on actual Popbot characters from the books for a while.
>>
>>4187874
I think thing's will get back to normal one he chills out on pascha stuff. Guess he really wants his wife to get into what he's into.

Have there been any cool designs in pop bot that haven't made it to toys? I know he was planning on doing bc's marks this year, possibly in a set.
>>
File: image.jpg (738KB, 2048x2015px)
image.jpg
738KB, 2048x2015px
Pawpbott?
>>
>>4187902
A lot of the Mortis bots look pretty neat, we've only seen those in severed bothead form so far, there's also Andy Warhol clone and Sherlock.
>>
>>4187915
Who's Sherlock?
>>4187914
That is exceptionally creepy.
>>
>>4187922
Sherlock Holmes, the comic is in the OP, you should read it.

>>4187914
Jesus fucking christ dude why?
>>
Just read the whole thing. What I can gather is really stupid. The original premise is simple enough, cat singer gets famous, screws over a lot of people, falls from fame, now everyone wants a piece. Only reason he's alive is one of his former fans keeping him safe, a broken pop bot.

Next we have sham, who is trying to stop some Satan bot from killing everything. The thing was awakened by bond cowboys sacrifice. This only happened because some weird omnipotent kid set things into motion by sending Sham to earth.

So, kitty tries to get the band back together, which I guess has significance. He only gets the coma guy, but when he tries to get the other dude, his guts explode. They might be the same guy. I don't know.

Also the maxx is there for no good reason, did I mention that?

Anyway, everything goes to pot, and everybody dies, so sham goes to the past to free real Andy Warhol, so he can warn them not to do what they did so they don't die in the future and get a chance at stopping the end of the universe.

Also sherlock is there, and he dies. Not sure what he was doing, he tried to find out something about the bot. Turns out he's a result of some guys work to make sentient robots from his initial sex bot creation. These bots are the evil force trying to kill the universe, evil intelligent sex bots....what.

There's also a guy called Mr bean who's basically super vanhellsing glued to James bond. His thing is that he figured out how to make the self sustaining super bot power source, he finds out what the ramifications of this are. Becomes crazy and sad, then travels to the future to do fuck all.

Also the sock puppet isn't the devil, he's the sentient hand of a former lightweight drug Lord who was killed when his pants rubbed together fast enough to incinerate everything but his arm.
>>
>>4187914
Steve, is that you?
>>
>>4188462
You really shouldn't try to make sense of it, it'll hurt your head. Just relax and look at the pretty pictures.
>>
>>4188462
Thank you for the synopsis. Now I know I never want to read this book. Deep thanks to baka for the up load though. I have a copy of world war robot, it's really good. Maybe ash should stick to that format.
>>
>>4188711
It's worth a leaf through, as it's got excellent art in stone parts. Most of the time it's bland and mediocre, the other most of the time it's alright to great, but there's a few jaw droppers in there.

It looks like he's going for a giant plot where all the threads come together for a finale where everything makes sense. The problem with that is he's a terrible writer. You can tell he's got some pretty good/great ideas, but he lacks the tongue with which to speak them clearly.

Sherlock is pretty much there just for exposition, and I don't know why he made Andy Warhol a main character, seems really strange.

Also there's a rapper called "mo prostate" who does practically nothing. His character is basically the jem trolls character "Sam Farber", an idiot rapper who curses a lot, and is an idiot. Except he's not a white supremacist, he's just useless.
>>
>>4188718
>>4188462
Ash got his start in the comic industry as an artist paired with other peoples' writing, and that worked beautifully for him.

Now that he's out on his own, we see a rather common problem arise: while he's great at the art part, he's not so hot at the writing part. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think this is an entirely bad thing. He clearly has some really nutso ideas bouncing around in his head, and I think that's where he really shines. He just needs someone to help him rein it in and tie it all together in a neat little package. In the end, I'd prefer to judge him more for his ideas than for the altogether cohesion of it as a comic. In my opinion, the former is great, the latter not so much.
>>
Handsome Wu on the 27th
>>
>>4188751
That's the thing, I can see the big picture, but he lacks the ability to rope it all in.

It's a good idea, and bits that are intentionally funny are, but for the most part it's a bit too crude and cloudy.
>>
>>4188753
I really like that head sculpt, I despise the rest of it. I'm going to ask if there's a chance of a wu without a panda.
>>
File: woipv2.jpg (306KB, 379x1200px)
woipv2.jpg
306KB, 379x1200px
And a new hairdo for Isobelle. After the witches reveal this doesn't have any wow factor at all, but still, she should give those who love being angry at barbie dolls something to rant about.
>>
>>4188776
>VOL 2 STARTS SOON
Who asked for this.... Jesus christ
Fucking dropped
>>
>>4188779
>I don't like this so nobody does
>>
>>4188776

I like her dress.
>>
Why Ash doesnt listen to the fan base and just makes what he wants is simple. Regardless of how much Gimbat and Ash constantly claim to need your money to produce things because they are a small company who doesn't have the funds to produce their orders unless they charge you first.

They don't.

Ash has bragged during interviews about how he has millions just sitting around since 3A took off. They have the funds to easily cover production of the few new molds they pump out each year.

They haven't struggled for a long time, and they continue this practice simply because its the established norm and why change something that allows you to sit on a huge surplus of buyer cash at a whim by dropping a pre order that you can ship whenever you feel like it, if they cancel you get go keep 5% of the cash they deposited.

Pascha continues to be rehashed because a ton of people buy them with no end in sight and do not normally require new mold work so they practically can be made using the same molds over and over again with minor paint apps. 3A can throw up pre-orders and make instant cash to do whatever with.
>>
>>4188978
I understand where you're coming from but...
1. Paid pre-orders aren't exclusive to 3A. Bandai and Max Factory do them in Japan for their web shops. I imagine Kaiyodo does as well. It's done for figures they have doubts will sell well enough as mass releases. 3A has had a few releases where they didn't sell nearly as well as he thought. If he didn't do things how he does them it'd of sunk his company. Other smaller companies also use this system or Kickstarter.

2. You can't switch to a non-paying pre-order system or else people can cancel their credit cards, do chargebacks or simply cancel the order on a whim. Then you are stuck with hundreds of figures you can't sell or have to spend extra money selling. Or if a figure is delayed people might cancel out of frustration.

The simple fact of the matter is 3A is still very much a niche business that can't afford to knock out unique molds every release and do business as if they were a big manufacturer. Like I said, even the big manufacturers force you to pay for exclusives first to minimize risk. The whole reason these alternate systems were created is so people other than giant corporations can operate a business.
>>
>>4189089
>The simple fact of the matter is 3A is still very much a niche business that can't afford to knock out unique molds every release and do business as if they were a big manufacturer
There is this perception among normal people that anyone running a business is instantly rich. The perception is Ash is filthy rich because his stuff sells out fast and goes for tons of money on the aftermarket. That because he is re-using molds and charging upfront this somehow changes basic profitability principles and makes him mega rich. Never mind the fact he often times delays figures for 6+ months to get them right. Never mind the fact his stuff probably doesn't sell in numbers anywhere near justifying unique molds every release. Or that he goes out of his way to replace stuff in a way where even companies like Hasbro fail. The only time he drew a line in the sand was with the super expensive Metal Gear Rex.

Is Ash seeing some nice profit from all this? Sure. Is it even close to enough money to start taking gigantic risks and changing his whole business model? Hell no. Even Hasbro is having a hard time due to some of it's failures and they truly are mega rich. Quit being delusional guys. He's a small time nobody making toys in an industry where profit eludes most that try. He uses this business model because he has to. I may not like it personally but i'm not going to sit here claiming to have expert knowledge of his entire business and that he is screwing us out of pure greed and maliciousness.
>>
>>4189089
>>4189157
These guys know what's up. And speaking of replacing stuff, he just offered free bodies to every customer on discovering that Cornelius may have a problem with neck snappage. THAT is good treatment for your customers. I could easily see a bigger company like Hasbro just clamming up and ignoring it. Heck, we even got replacement bodies for Oroshi for something as small as one missing tampograph (a non-essential tattoo on his arm).
>>
>>4189628
>I could easily see a bigger company like Hasbro just clamming up and ignoring it.
Hasbro's customer service is awful. They don't ignore customers outright but they do make the process so painful that 99.9% of parents/collectors will go bother the retailer instead. Basically they won't replace specific figures and will only give you a RANDOM figure from the case assortment. You have to pay to ship it back and they reimburse you later. The whole process can take up to 4-6 weeks.

It's a nice way of saying "fuck you" without directly saying it.
>>
>>4188776
>mfw more paschas
>mfw we still probably wont get the lasstranaut until at least december
>>
>>4190356
Relax, I am.

Also I'm excited for evol grunts, those are going for pre-order around the end of this year.

when was lass supposed to ship anyway? Gotta change my small to a medium.
>>
>>4190394
Q2, but I don't think what they showed during PO was entirely finalised. I feel like we'll be lucky to see her land on earth before Q4. Whatever, she'll turn up eventually.
>>
>>4190420
I'm planning on flipping her when she arrives. Cool as she is, the synth body is a huge turn off for any figure. I like the rest, but I'm not sacrificing my blank body for her. At least I'm getting a cool shirt and art book out of it.
>>
>>4190429
I plan to have her standing anyway so I'm not too concerned about the seamless legs. As I understand it's only the lower half is seamless and there are standard arms under the suit, so as long as they move free and easy I'm happy.
>>
To anyone who wants handsome wu, but not his head, I'm willing to take it as well as middleman you the body. I'm 3aa, let me know folks.

I'll be paying for the head at least.
>>
File: wu.jpg (352KB, 750x750px)
wu.jpg
352KB, 750x750px
Assuming there aren't singles available during the Wu drop would anyone want the F-Legion from the 2 pack? I just want wu.
>>
3Avox and Kidrobot forums have seem to be hitting critical levels of frustration with 3A. The most recent shipping update is almost entirely people venting and saying they wont be buying 3A due to delays, broken deliveries, and lack of communication.
>>
>>4190882
Are you 3AA for better pricing?
>>
>>4191023
Yeah, when it a year+ since payment and still nothing firm on shipping, I can see how people are getting pissed.

There's more than a couple pre-mades out there that should have shipped by now, too, with no updates.

3A's always kind of had what seems like good communication - with Q&A's and most comments on FB getting replies, but they really need to address the delays with something more than the usual "be patient."

Being patient has always been part of being a 3A collector, but I think that patience has been pushed well beyond the limit for some people.
>>
>>4191073
Unfortunatley no
>>
>>4191073
He didn't start collecting until after the last 3AA membership offer.
>>
>>4191073
I am, I'm not interested in the legion guy.
>>4191098
You want to buy the panda suit from me? Maybe we can all walk outta here with something.
>>
>>4191155
We still dont know who the third figure is
>>
>>4191209
That's alright. I'm willing to sell the legion panda. Emails above, let me know if baka doesn't go thorough.

Baka, you're welcome to chip in if you want something.
>>
>>4191155
I'd prefer to have the entire figure, head and all.
>>
I think i will just buy my own pack and part it out when it arrives
>>
>>4191084
Agreed. Wouldnt be so bad if they did the following:
>Communicate with buyers more
>make less pre-orders
>start shipping on time either by setting more distant estimates or really managing production better
>Stop blaming customers for everything they allow them to do ala late orders and late payment

It comes across like Ash or his PR manager simply doesn't care how their actions rub buyers. Ash has paid his dues and deserves the freedom to do and say whatever he wants. But every single buyer also has the right to endow those words and choices with appropriate consequences which include taking their business elsewhere.
>>
>>419108
Pre-made seems like a buzz word now....
Just more marketing bullshit, "buy now and get it faster than 8-12 months from now like normal!". But then if takes months to ship regardless. Reminded me of the model kits, did the Totem and Square Farm ship? Last I saw people were mad that some unpainted plastic runners hadn't shipped months after dated.
>>
>>4191334
I don't recall them blaming anyone for delays. But I definitely agree on the first point. More transparent communication would definitely help ease consumer minds of they can't stick to a shipment date.

Frank got done quickly, so I'm assuming if a figure sells too much, it might take longer. Who knows though, eh?
>>4191246
Yeah, I just got a bite on the deal as well. Still going to sell his panda suit though.
>>
>>4191520
When I say they blamed the buyers, I'm referring to the fact they didn't simply fix the problem with the server quietly. They made a big statement confronting the community about it, and said they would be cancelling all orders that abused said loophole. Then shortly after began the crackdown on late payment as well.

Just gives off the feeling that those actions are happening as the result of the other almost as punishment for using a major flaw in the Bambaland store.
>>
>>4191536
I completely forgot about that. The only loop hole I knew of was the fact that the site is so buggy, you can sometimes see long sold out items for sale. I guess you can buy em too.

They really should fix the site instead of yelling at everybody.
>>
File: 000_0003_(1).jpg (155KB, 750x1000px)
000_0003_(1).jpg
155KB, 750x1000px
Just got this guy. Very happy with him.
>>
>>4191539
Nice, I really like how the dome head caesars look. That green is a little odd though, it looked different in the promo pics, less turquoise.
>>
>>4191554
Mm. I think my camera did that for some reason. It's more of a basic green in hand.
>>
>>4191562
Ah, alright. My LCS has him in stock, may have to pick him up to go with my BcELL
>>
LCS? I got mine from Amazon.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 625x417px)
image.jpg
70KB, 625x417px
>>4191539
>>
>>4191562
Fellow /toy/ anon and all others who take pictures of toys please take the toy outside or set up some lighting then manually set the white level. Seriously its like no one on here knows how to use a camera.
>>
>>419153
They also got hateful with people who pushed the finger back at Gimbat and threatened bans. Pick related.

Hate the game, not the player. In this case hate their shitty server software not the users.
>>
>>4191598
Local comic shop, maybe it's a /co/ term.
>>
>>4191640
gimbat really is a shit pr guy
>>
>>4191658
He's a drone, same with the rest of the staff. The only people that like him are the guys in the forum with like 3000 posts.
>>
>>4191640
What a dick.

If I can guess at what he's getting at. He's referring to the direct links people used to get to the items easier.

It's a common post when f5 drops go up. If that's what he's talking about then you can't really stop that.
>>
>>4191759
You could order using the direct URL often days after the intended purchase windows in some cases. Not sure but from what I grasp the server software they chose to use as the backbone of Bamba is known for being secure and reliable.

It basically just removes hyperlinks from the index or sub directories to block sales, but apparently either due to human error or the poor software, those links to place something in your cart were not going down as intended. Allowing people to purchase stuff after the pre order period.

Instead of correcting the issue they shamed the community.
>>
>>4191829
*not known for being reliable and secure
>>
File: tf.jpg (99KB, 600x450px)
tf.jpg
99KB, 600x450px
>20,900 JPY
>Looks like a Jin custom
>>
File: tf2.jpg (58KB, 650x700px)
tf2.jpg
58KB, 650x700px
And in blue for the same price.
>>
>>4191901
>>4191900

Welcome to last week
>>
>>4191906

Don't be a dick
>>
>>4187533
I'm excited for handsome wu. Really hope he's got clothes in underneath his furry outfit.

I think he's got the same pistols as dag too.
>>
>>4191900
>>4191901

I dont think tf designs are anything special but who the hell gave the go ahead for that? They look like absolute garbage.
>>
>>4191900
>>4191901
I'm still mad as fuck about the heavy version(70% hollow plastic with painting erriors and a bitch to hold his gun)For the absurd price they charged, I expected more. I'm not touching this one.
>>
>>4192053
Sounds like you'd be mad with any of the larger 3A toys then. At the absurd sizes they produce some of their toys, you must realize that keeping the weight down is an absolute necessity. If they'd made them out of solid plastic, yeah, you'd get that pleasant weight you desire, but the joints would loosen or snap in no time flat under the stress, and then you'd have something very different to complain about. You remind me of the early days, when people saw the "rusty" paintjobs and assumed ThreeA bots were full diecast, then complained when they got plastic toys.

As far as "painting errors," I'll give you that, since their paintjobs have been getting a little sloppier in recent years. I haven't encountered anything really bad lately though, and you can sort of fudge shit a little given that they're so heavily weathered. No comment about the gun holding difficulty either, sorry to hear that bro.
>>
>>4192141
Two words to make this all irrelevent. Ratchet joints.
Not the cheap kind they used in Rex either. Those are a damn nightmare to work with and will definitely end up breaking years from now if you insist on posing it. They either need to start using diecast or better plastic ratchet joints.
>>
>>4192435
You really think that will go over well considering it was (and to some degree, still is) the chief complaint with Revoltechs? I mean, consider common sense for a moment. There are two choices to be made here:

A. Cast everything in solid plastic, making bigger figures super heavy. Offset this by implementing ratcheting joints, which will limit the degrees of poseability to the pre-set ratchet points.

B. Cast select parts in solid plastic, and others in (hollow) rotocast vinyl to keep weight down. No need to implement ratcheting joints, figures retain full, smooth poseability.

There is no downside to B aside from some guy saying it "feels cheap" to him because the figure isn't heavy. This is just as dumb as the guys who defend diecast solely because heavier=better.
>>
File: image.jpg (122KB, 640x960px)
image.jpg
122KB, 640x960px
What do we have here?
>>
>>4192555
Revoltech joints suck because the joints are not on two more joints on top and bottom so your stuck with a joint that you practically have to us a set of pliers to either remove and replace the joint or rotate it. And since most of these joints on 3A toys are internalized and on a much larger scale. And could easily be replaced with a ratchet joint connected on both ends to another joint of pretty much any type. From what I understand this is what they did with the Real Steel Noisy Boy.

Have you ever messed with a traditional Gokin figure at all? Or hell one of the Super Robot Chogokin figures of Mazinger Z or any other? If ratchet joints are done well they don't limit poseing options at all really, and they never get loose. Also once the joints are worn in a bit you can usually place the limbs between clicks if you very carefully move it into position. Also keep in mind as with SRC, you don't have to use ratchets for every joint.

Also I'm pretty sure any Gokin would take a tumble The Heavy or Rex would shatter from. I've had several fall onto the floor and in a couple cases objects and come out completely unscathed.
>>
>>4192557
Was their organization that garbage that it shipped and nobody bothered to tell Gimby or the support team? Or is this prior shipping or something, but if thats the case why is the tape cut?
>>
>>4192564
>Revoltech joints suck because the joints are not on two more joints on top and bottom
I...what? You're not explaining yourself well. Are you trying to say they don't move at either end of the joint? Cause they do (they swivel). And I've never had to use pliers or had trouble removing or rotating them. It sounds like you either don't understand how Revolver joints work, or just personally have trouble working with them.

Yes, I have quite a few gokins. The ratcheting is well done thanks to smaller "teeth" which allow for more degrees of movement. However, it's still not ideal--I'd take a smooth joint any day compared to a ratcheting one, even a good ratcheting one. It's nice to be able to just pose something easily rather than having to struggle to catch it between clicks.

I'm not sure why you're talking about the durability of gokins vs. plastic. That wasn't brought up by anyone. if you're trying to remark that ThreeA would be better off making their figures out of diecast instead of ABS/vinyl, well, not only would that necessitate complete joint overhauls to compensate, but it would also cost more--cutting molds for diecast is quite a bit pricier than for plastics, since they need to withstand higher temperatures.
>>
>>4192567
Just a guess, but it might be a packaged sample sent from the hatchery to Siuyin for final checks before shipping starts?
>>
>>4192435
By giving them die cast joints, and full plastic or vynil bodies, the cost would be driven up significantly.

Derringer talked about this with the plamo gundam kits, and the kysharta. As is, they're okay, maybe in the future they'll try it out, but as a small operation like that, it's not worth it.

It wouldn't work too well with designs like Caesar. They'd have to redesign the joints completely.>>4192557
Hooray, people can get their dag finally!
>>
>>4192557
DAG is probably a week away or so. Emma got pics like these and was shipped within that time frame.
>>
Some of the Snow Blinds have snow painted on the hair and some don't.
I hate how 3A does this sort of thing, you don't have a choice on it and just get what you get.
>>
>>4192812
It's not ideal I suppose, but you can usually trade someone on the forums who feels the opposite.
>>
>>4192812
Was it intentional? If so that's retarded, if not you could probably email cs and get it fixed. Don't like Snowblind too much, REALLY want Sun though.
>>
>>4193149
Seems it was intentional, its like half and half based on the photos ive seen so far. I cant imagine it was an accident, if it was, they messed up a lot of them.
>>
Shipping out this and next week:

*TKLUB Number Four Ronin Oya Sun
*Popbot TK Ronin Snow Blind
*Kuma Attack Pascha release (including Squidy Fondle Miyu Justcosplay )
*HALO Emile-A239 Spartan-III release
>>
>>4193401
Could have sworn the Kumas shipped already...
>>
>>4193406
Nope, they showed the packaging/shippers a couple of weeks ago though
>>
>>4192557
What baffles me is why this came up practically within 24 hours of a shipping update that did not include DAG. I feel like its going yo be like Snow blind and Sun. Its just going to show up one day as shipped without warning.
>>
What is Gimbat good for? He just danced around answering if Snow Blind has two paint variations.

It took him a day to respond and when he did he basically said he doesn't know. Is he to lazy to send the hatchery an email asking if it did?

Gimbat needs to be fired, he basically just gets paid to says "I don't know" and "be patient" a thousand different ways. He is literally a waste of resources and when he does actually handle things he does it poorly.

If Ash or someone else just won't communicate and orders him to do stupid shit that's even worse.
>>
File: handsome wu.jpg (353KB, 750x750px)
handsome wu.jpg
353KB, 750x750px
New shots of the pandas up on the blog, $140 for a wu single or $250 for the 2 pack with both wu and f-legion. I'll be buying wu, he looks so cool.
>>
>>4195467
Yep, preorders are up later today. Can't wait.
>>
File: nihao.jpg (172KB, 628x1024px)
nihao.jpg
172KB, 628x1024px
>>4195467
Pandas are up, comic too. I love his AK comics, the world seems to have a lot of character. He hasn't released a full book for it yet has he? Anyways, scored myself a Wu. Hope he ships on time...
>>
>>4196175
>The daughter of an Egyptian goddess hiring a Chinese mercenary dressed as a panda to rescue her boyfriend, the son of a legendary adventurer who spends his time with a satanically-possessed labarador, from an evil skeleton in a spacesuit she hired to kill him to spice up their relationship

I want a movie of this. It's up there with JoJo in the gleeful insanity stakes.
>>
>>4196191
I know man, though I think a cartoon would work better. After all AK is basically a fucked up saturday morning boy adventurer show type thing. I do think it would work best in a much larger scope than Ash is capable of though, a long running series would fit it well but there is no way Ash would be able to do that alone.
>>
>>4196175
I don't think so, a lot of the AK comics are either just printed on the back of the free pack-in posters, or little snippets posted to the blog. I'd love for him to make some more and print a whole book of em.

TBH though, I don't think he wants to. Adventure Kartel has always been his most do-it-yourself line--"The Adventure Continues...With You!" I think he'd rather we come up with our own adventures, and he just provides little snippets of story here and there for the fun of it. I don't think he intends to ever have a fully fleshed out world or story for AK. It's open-ended.
>>
Nabbed the two pack. Can't wait for wu. Paid 105, my buddy bought the legion. selling the suit too.

You see how many guns he's got?
>>
>>4196292
Looks to have about as many as Merde did. Once he ships I'll have to pick up a EDO minigun and Dead Easy Corps LMG for him. Wu looks like the kind of man who appreciates more dakka.
>>
The 3AA Wu just went up - soot panda. Black version. Shocking, I know.
>>
>>4196601
I want it, especially the new gun, but the shadow versions have become boring and formulaic. Also these will likely take a year to come out and im over that
>>
>>4196617
Black versions are hit and miss, but more miss than hit. Charfoot is the shit, but others like Shadow Kreiger Kuma don't even look like anything.
>>
>>4196624
Completely agree.
The gun interests me, but I'd rather pick it up on the aftermarket recast. I like Wu's head, and I feel like it being black would ruin it.

That being said, I'm willing to middle man you if you want it. You being anyone who wants it., though I don't have enough to pay for it myself.
>>
Ordered the single standard Wu, happy with that, the idea of a shadow version isn't doing anything for me.

There's also been a couple drops of a Snow Panda with a light blue F-Legion sporting an RPG.
>>
Tfw I just want my existing orders to ship. I don't want these pandas and the several minor variations they came up with.
>>
This shit is becoming too common. Especially when making things hollow is to blame.
>>
>>4197318
I think they have been using faulty plastic on the last few TK releases, the bodies haven't changed at all but they do seem to be breaking easier. Corny had neck breakage issues. Is this issue as widespread?
>>
>>4197318
That has nothing to do with hollowness, and everything to do with hamhandedness.
>>
>>4197318
>>
>>4197330
Yeah you can cave a shoe like that with ham hands *sarcasm*.
>>
>>4197327
Its 10+ cases so far on the official forum.
>>
>>4197318
>>4197330
>>4197345
If it's a widespread issue I fully expect ThreeA to issue fixed feet/boots to everyone. They're known for this kind of customer service.
>>
Q: Will we eventually get a WWRp version of the JDF Grunt and Square Mk 2?
A: As said earlier 1/6th is the focus for WWR!

>mfw Ashley Wood hates action poorfags
>>
>>4197818
They should do things right the first time, having to replace these figures feet and ship them is cutting into the profit margin more than just casting them out of solid plastic.

In this case the customer service is correcting something that should not need to be corrected.

Also what happened to these having actual scultped feet in the shoes?
>>
>>4191539
I know its nothing new, but why does Ashley Wood design the rifle to have the magazine curving backwards? Is it holding something other than normal rounds and only resembles a traditional magazine curving backwards?
>>
>>4197924
I'm pretty sure it was an unforeseen circumstance, man. I mean, think about it: in the event of a flawed product, companies can do one of two things, they can either pretend the problem doesn't exist or you can fix it out of your own pocket. If it's the former, you might suspect that that company knew about the problem and just decided fuck it, we'll ship it anyway. But since ThreeA takes the latter route, there is no reason for them to ever ship a flawed product--it's just something they're going to have to pay to fix later. This is also why they've withheld products in the past if problems cropped up or they did not meet Ash's expectations. They've even shipped out replacement parts long after release because Ash became displeased with the figure over time.

tl;dr: I'm 99% sure they didn't know about the problem when he shipped.

>Also what happened to these having actual scultped feet in the shoes?
Sun here is actually the first one I've seen that doesn't have them. I think all the recent 1/6 humans I've bought have feet inside the shoes.
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 685x1400px)
image.jpg
115KB, 685x1400px
Bronze EDO goes up tomorrow and will be up for a couple of weeks for $120 (before 3AA).
>>
>>4198416
Wow, actually looks pretty cool...I didn't like the other EDOs much, but this bronze paint makes him actually look like a robot. I dig it.
>>
>>4198419
I dig the black EDO but not so keen on the white or red ones. You're right though, the bronze really makes this guy stand out as a robot. He looks really nice.
>>
>>4198120
could it be because of the kind of shoe that it is? I mean, Hi-top Sk8 style Vans are supposed to fit kinda tight
>>
>>4198513
I doubt it, since it seems like there is nothing for the shoe to "fit" around. If you look at the pics above, it seems like there isn't an actual foot inside the boot this time. Just a socket insert for the balljoint.

Actually, I think i just realized why there isn't a foot in there. The super hi-top boots on Sun would be way too difficult to squeeze a standard Hot Toys foot into. The ankle part is just too long and skinny. Even the Chuck mids worn by Tommy have actual feet squeezed into them.
>>
>>4198528
Oh, that's a good point. I meant that the shoes "fit" so tight that they decided to forgo feet. But I hadn't thought of the ankle thing
>>
So i take it there has not been anything new regarding DAG since the picture of the shipper box opened up got posted on instagram?

I keep checking every day hoping that today is the day the blasted thing ships or at least gets a solid date finally. But the only thing ive noticed is 3A seems to be really heavy handedly stating everything that is late is "shipping soon" which litterally means nothing with them.
>>
Looks like Emile suffers from the same lightly painted look as Heavy and Rex. Still wish they used a base coat rather than paint on flat plastic, it can look really bad in certain lighting. Specifically the grenades look bad to me. They have that semi transparent plastic look. Body just looks dull. Really hoping bad photos are to blame here.
>>
>>4199182
>>
>>4198924
I know the feeling. I'm not even sure I want it anymore after all this time.

Think I could throw it on EBay for 240-250 and have it sell?
>>
>>4199182
>>4199187
I dunno, aside from the grenades in the first pic, it looks pretty goddamn awesome to me. And in the second pic the grenades look fine, which makes me hopeful that it was just a trick of the light in the first one.
>>
>>4196175
>>4196237
He's planning on putting out an artbook of AK stuff sometime this year.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 500x969px)
image.jpg
74KB, 500x969px
Got my Squidy, she's a lot of fun in hand. Enjoying her a lot more than I expected.
>>
>>4199763
Lewd! She's holding the tentacle like a dick like in the toy fair pics!
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 500x582px)
image.jpg
60KB, 500x582px
There is much lewdness to be had with Squidy
>>
>>4198924
All I'm going to say is it better ship EMS after all of this. If its shipped SAL or some other slow method I'm going to rage. As late as it is, it would feel damn near disrespectful to ship it in such a way.
>>
Looks like Peppermint Grove will also be on the upcoming June shipping update according to Gimbat. This pleases me.
>>
Ash just posted a whole load of packaging shots on Instagram, looks like June will see Peppermint Grove (and I assume Peppermint Soy too), both CNY Miyu versions and the quiet night in Iso/Liz packs along with everyone's favorite dead spaceman...
>>
>>4202146
All the Pascha stuff has full shots on the blog too
>>
>>4202146
>>4202172

Also carded shot of those two Squares that seem to be part of some exclusive Japanese book (according to a previous Instagram comment he made)....

I want em... I hope they are available at normal Japanese stores (accessible to dirty foreigners) and not some super limited thing.

I'm also curious as to what the Wonka Square gets us. I hope it's WWR related and not a Pascha or something unrelated.
>>
>>4202146
So maybe we can expect evenfall and Marquis in July?
>>
>>4202719
I wouldn't expect Marquis until the end of Q3, but there was an 'Invading Soon' post on the blog with a pic of the Strigoi not long ago so I reckon they won't be too far off.

I'm interested to see the reaction to the finished product since they'll be the first 3A thing to ship with seamless limbs.
>>
>>4202722
Carter was seamless
>>
>>4202735
Huh. So he was, haven't kept up with the Halo stuff tbh.
>>
>>4202146
He still didn't post any more DAG photos, you got my hopes up.They gave us a full frontal shot of Peppermint Grove but DAG is still completely absent in 3As media stream since its release. Last photos we have seen of him were the pre order shots. We have seen the box up and down but the toy has never seen the light of day.

With these endless delays at this point I'm really starting to wonder if they are not posting shots of him for some reason, people have repeatedly asked for more photos of either the prototype or a production model.

Most likely explanation I can come up with is he has changed drastically in some fashion from the pre order photos. And the lack of photos is damage control to prevent mass cancellations from unhappy buyers. They know the pool of buyers are already agitated and their good will pretty much shot, if the posted they also changed something for the worse publicly it would be bad.

I've noticed in the past when they change stuff they seem to go into full photo silence mode, quickly ship them never posting a image of the piece. Then the same day someone in Hong Kong gets it and shows the world what they are getting, for better or worse.
>>
I'm still waiting on word about Custard Hail Killer JC. Aren't "pre-mades" supposed to ship right away?
>>
>>4202857
Pre-made is just a buzzword they don't ship a god damn thing on time
>>
>>4202857
I'm just going to define some key 3A buzzwords for you and future buyers. I recommend something like this getting added to the guide.

Premade - The item is going to be made in small batches and should ship sooner than most orders, may ship the same month but more than likely it will ship several months from now. Assume the worst.

Soon - This is Ash or Gimbat throwing out a positive spin on not knowing when the item will ship. This word means nothing.

*Insert any month*- Assume it will ship several months past this

Early *Insert Month* - Can mean anywhere between the first two weeks of the month or next month.

"Be patient" or "We take the extra time to make things perfect"
- These are the words that 3A throws around when faced with upset buyers. Its used usually as a passive aggressive attempt at justifying their inability to ship anything remotely on time and push blame onto you being inpatient. But it falls apart, as every order is late. Not to mention it makes zero rational sense as practically every order arrives broken or breaks shortly after arriving acquiring more time and effort to get a complete product.

>
>>
Giant horribly warped square anyone?
>>
How about a Pascha with two left feet?
>>
>>4203011

Even the two that Iron Man is standing on in his Instagram photo looked balloony like that.
>>
>>4203016
Rare chase variant.
>>4203011
Battle damage.
>>
>>4203011
>>4203016
NO THIS ISNT HAPPENING 3A IS THE GREATEST ASHLEY WOOD SAVED /TOY/
>>
This makes me so glad I only buy these from asian retail stores where i can physically check out the figures before buying.
>>
>>4203059
I am currently one order away from ending my short lived experience of being a part of this fan base. But I'm honestly about to cancel that order. All I keep seeing is production error after production error, design flaws, breaking joints and limbs, etc. All of this on top of shit taking way to long to ship and costing an arm and a leg.

I could take my money and buy a whole lot of model kits and modeling supplies with that 160 bucks. And with the yen being a tiny bit lower than the dollar Gunpla and Kotobukiya kits are starting to look real tempting. I could get a 3-4 master grades shipped EMS or Fedex and enjoy building and painting them myself for that.
>>
>>4203011
You know what figures don't have that problem?

Action Portable.
>>
>>4203092

I don't have any ThreeA humans but I've bought and sold a lot of WWRp figures. All have been fine toys, however I recently got into 1/6 Dropcloths and they've quickly become my favorite ThreeA figures. Most are cheap, they're really poseable, and they have a good amount of pouches/soft goods. And unlike on the Caesar, the gear doesn't get in the way of the arms, either (and WWRp Caesars have kind of short arms, to begin with). I really hope some items in the Iron Panda superset will have the same rust/orangey weathering as the DC, but I doubt it.

As for WWR vs WWRp, I think it depends on the specific mold and colorway, honestly. I think the 1/6 Dropcloth just looks way better than the 1/12, and the pouches are nicer. But I think that the paintjobs on the 1/12 Deimos and Gravedigger Heavy Brambles look better than their 1/6 counterparts, and the proportions on the 1/6 Caesars and Armstrongs just look off to me for some reason....

It's all about individual figures, really. That perfect mix of sculpt, paintjob, and scale.

The first official Bambaland purchase I've made was the Square 8-Pack and Wonka, but I don't expect to have them until this time next year at this rate...
>>
>>4203115
Yep yep. The 1/12 Dropies were pretty disappointing. Other than that bot I'd recommend portables over standard WWR because the size just works better for toys. I do have one 1/6 Bramble, and it's quite nice, but a collection of them would feel like a joke.
>>
File: fmg1.jpg (124KB, 1077x733px)
fmg1.jpg
124KB, 1077x733px
is threezero stuff welcome here too?

this bad boy just dropped into my pile, most expensive figure I've bought (and wasn't quite prepared to pay it yet, thought it would be coming in later, oh well)

from the few hands on reviews I've found, it looks fucking awesome, just hoping I don't regret the pricetag

I know there were some variations on the design floating around, has there been any confirmation on more figures in this line, or is this just a one off
>>
>>4203362
Jelly. I love that design, but yeah he's out of my price-range for the year. Threezero has revealed a painted protoype for the red one on the facebook group.
>>
File: $_12.jpg (54KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
$_12.jpg
54KB, 500x451px
can anyone here post a pic of a humanoid threea figure and this smart gun. it can be 1/12 or 1/6 dosnt matter. i just need to see how well it fits.
>>
File: 000_0001 (12).jpg (131KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
000_0001 (12).jpg
131KB, 750x1000px
>>4204880
This can't be what you mean. (Sorry 'bout the blurry pic)
>>
>>4204976
kek, i meant in the same scale. but good work though
>>
>>4205016

That is the same scale...
>>
>>4205016
Oh, OK, I thought the request was a little nuts.
>>
>>4205028
Caesars are fucking big, the 1/12's weapons could work with 1/6 figures
>>
>>4203404
yeah I'm still kinda reeling from the blow to the wallet, but I'll live

that red one looks pretty great, I wonder if it'll be more expensive with the fuckhuge launcher. I think I like the blue overall more though
>>
>>4204880
IF you're asking if the wwrp guns scale with wwr figures, they do. I bought a few recast guns from someone, they work almost perfectly, at least for the smart gun. The handle's a bit too big for a grunt to hold comfortably, but filing it down does the trick.
>>
>>4203404
There's a red one?
>>
Shoutout to Jack Burton for a great transaction!

Also have we had any word on when the AK AP retail wave is shipping? I remember hearing conflicting dates from the initial preorders.
>>
>>4205695
Why do you even care? You couldn't afford the entire set.
Thread posts: 170
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.