[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys! Im planning on at some point starting my Starship Troopers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: downloadfile.jpg (124KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.jpg
124KB, 1024x768px
Hey guys! Im planning on at some point starting my Starship Troopers themed Imperial Guard army back up so I was wondering would a Mobile Infantryman from the movie be mor equivalent to a infantry squad or conscripts?

The army is going to be mainly infantry horde focused with a few air and armor pieces. Thoughts?
>>
Go look at the Only War rpg for regiment creation tips.
>>
In the movie the soldiers were supposed to be well trained but the movie itself came from a time prior to having your actors trained by operators to have them behave like they should, plus the army being retarded was kind of the point. Veteran formations were obviously more effective and it was shown. The downside is that you didn't get to see the cool toys, and no power armor, but you can work around that.

Have some veterans accompanied by either conscripts or standard infantry, if you want to push the power armored dudes angle you could use the old badab list and field marine units alongside the guard. Or just have allies.
>>
I meant for 40k list creation. Fluff is all laid out.

I meant would the soldiers in the movie be statted as conscripts or as a standard infantry squad
>>
>>55434443
Whatever suits you better. If you want to go full movie as shown they were decent shots but had no heavy and special weapons, by that they should be light infantry of regular dudes, but mechanically if you're not giving them any fancy equipment you might get them as conscrpts too, it's not like the basic dudes in the army had any experience besides training anyway.
>>
>>55434240
>>55434400
Do it like the FPS.
Acknowledge the movie and add the Marauders.
Which I think they did in the third movie?
>>
>>55434582
If you have the right models you can either use sentinel or spess muthreens rules.
>>
>>55434551
Vets + Conscripts, gotcha. Thanks!
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.