[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

40k Mad Max

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: Techno Barbarian.jpg (308KB, 796x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Techno Barbarian.jpg
308KB, 796x1200px
How would you build an RPG set in the age of strife?
>>
>>55433446
Dark Heresy probably has enough to go off of as-is.

You could even do a wargame of the Age of Strife with the 30k rules.
>>
for starters it wouldn't be 40k, but rather 27k
>>
Would the players be Thunder Warriors or just normal humans?
>>
File: dc3.gif (2MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
dc3.gif
2MB, 359x202px
>>
>>55433480
I'd thought of taking the Militia and Cults rules and making armies for the Unification era nations, I made the Gene Cultists of Luna as a test example, but I think it's versatile enough to represent a lot of things.

>>55433446
But as to the topic, depends how you want to go about it. For playing on Terra itself, I had the idea of being maybe political prisoners in a warlord's dungeons, and once they escape the PCs can rally support from commoners and find weapons to strike against the warlords, either taking their place and ruling as harshly or maybe trying to be benevolent and make a proper government, either way they then play the political game with rival nations and warlords.

Maybe if you want it to be right at the end, you have a big lightshow over the Himalayas as the primarchs being sent off, and then not long after the Emperor comes along as basically an End Times event they have to either ally with or make a stand against.

>>55433548
I would do it with normal humans, if only so you can have what I described above and actually choose to oppose the Emperor, but if you want Thunder Warriors it may work to port Deathwatch/Black Crusade Marines over with some extra unnatural strength/toughness and maybe a penalty to willpower and intelligence, or maybe something akin to what dreadnoughts have where they aren't able to do social/knowledge stuff properly, having been made for just destruction and being unstable and somewhat disposable. You could also have normal Marines around as part of the early legions, though they won't have as much personality as their post primarch incarnations.
And it would be fitting to have lots of mutants around as well, seeing as Terra was blasted by nukes and worse weapons and aberrations are probably pretty common pre Emperor.

I'm quite a fan of the concept, if you couldn't tell.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.