[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adventure Hooks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: city.jpg (506KB, 1652x930px) Image search: [Google]
city.jpg
506KB, 1652x930px
City Edition

What sort of adventure hooks might show up on a huge city's jobs board? Share what you got!

>Local bandits are recruiting. Good pay, chances for promotion.
>A pack of displacer dogs are roaming the streets at night, phasing through city walls and compromising security. Bounty set at 50gp per head.
>New drug has hit the streets supposedly made from powdered goblin. Concerned citizen will pay well for more goblins.
>Monster hunt outside city, pages and spear-holders wanted.
>Need work? Talk to Vern. Combat experience a plus!
>>
>>55432773
Monkeys have infested the royal vineyard/olivegrove/melonfield displace them

The daughter of a local richperson has gone missing, find her and bring her back (she has eloped with the royal jester)

A barbarian horde is camping outside of the city. The local potentates are looking for extra security.

Local wizard has displaced the local hospital to the elemental plane of air. Help the wizard bring it, and its occupants back.
>>
File: IMG_4444.jpg (40KB, 242x328px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4444.jpg
40KB, 242x328px
>>55432773
>big port city
>city job board in the town square
>newest job is exterminating rats
>next job... exterminating rats
>every job on the board is to exterminate rats
>it's weird because the town doesn't seem unclean, to anyone not looking it looks like your average high fantasy human metropolis
>however a lot of people are experiencing rat swarms in their basements
>take one of these jobs, the highest paying one is in an abandoned mansion
>underneath is a laboratory and a shadowy entrance to the sewers and catacombs under the city

>players have to find diary entries of the mansion owner while slowly encountering the society of feral rat men underneath the city, and possibly stop these monsters from invading the surface

This is a plot hook I've been sitting on for a while. I like it but I don't know where it'll fit into my campaign.
>>
>>55432773
>Taverns and Inns across the city are experiencing huge amounts of theft and drainage of mead and wine barrels, with no evidence left behind. Some believe it is an act of deliberate sabotage by rival taverns, however there is more than meets the eye to this mystery. The players enter a surprisingly complex web of city inter-tavern politics.

>The city guard are secretly searching for someone who will be able to successfully infiltrate and expose the increasingly popular yet elusive underground opium (or whatever drug that might be illegal in said city) community who manage to nomadically create dens and black market trading across the city.

>A fierce teenage nobleman is deeply in love with a similarly young noblewoman, and wishes to win her affections and marry her. However her family has promised her hand in marriage to a another nobleman belonging to one of the city's most powerful and influential families. The nobleman stalks the unsavoury areas of the city, searching for a sellsword or assassin who can "break up" this arrangement. However, the complexities and influence of these families make this quest go beyond a simple assassination job.

>Years ago, the city came under siege from an army of religious fanatics The army was crushed, it's soldiers executed and it's faith publicly desecrated and mocked. However in more recent times, rumours have begun to emerge that fanatical survivors of this army walk the streets, and plot the city's destruction in secret. The Regent/Monarch of the city has sent the players on a quest to find out if these rumours are true, and if so, break up whatever plans the fanatics are drawing up.
>>
>Rich merchants look for some shady people to get an edge over competitors: missions involve spying, sabotaging, and creating false evidence
>help engineers build the sewers. workers need protection from undead buried under the city, heroes need to discover some corrupt officials that obstacles the work, eventually assisting engineer with unlocking ancient knowledge
>a siege
>>
>>55432773

Its the end of summer, so a bunch of cabbages will be passing by. Harvest as many as possible.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.