[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've always been extremely drawn to characters that conquer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Shao Kahn.jpg (81KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Shao Kahn.jpg
81KB, 900x506px
I've always been extremely drawn to characters that conquer other worlds. Our modern day human world is a good example, but world conquering badguys that use things like portals or technology to extend their might are really cool to me.

Characters like Shao Kahn from mortal kombat, the Combine from Half Life, and I'm sure you could think of others. Technically alien invasions count too.

So tell me; how do you like such characters? Magic or technology based? Could you make playing as them instead of against them into a tabletop game?
>>
>>55426160
He'd make a cool Rifts boss..
you could make the ring lined with speakers that play mortal combat, and he is invincible so long as they play, but if you destroy the speakers and stop the music he becomes an ordinary guy.
>>
File: darkseid is.png (372KB, 402x457px) Image search: [Google]
darkseid is.png
372KB, 402x457px
>>55426160
who doesn't like an evil invader and his army to fight?
>>
>>55426160
>So tell me; how do you like such characters? Magic or technology based? Could you make playing as them instead of against them into a tabletop game?
There's a Mars Attacks supplement for GURPS where you can play as the invading Martians and use their wicked cool B-movie tech.
>>
>>55427322
Make him mortal, turn him into an Arab Shiek. Let him do it all over again. It'll be like when Joker vacationed in Iran.
>>
>>55427322
He will just endlessly monologue until the heroes attack him, hoping that the don't catch on that he is under a spell and can't attack first..
>>
>>55426160
I prefer that they're magic based, because there's often too many inconsistencies in such stories to successfully suspend disbelief for me. Magic takes the edge off that feeling, and lets me just get on with the story.

You can already play as invaders in the 40 k rpgs, Only War and Deathwatch. There's also Carnage among the Stars, where you invade worlds over and over, its the basis of the game. So,yeah, you can absolutely play as the invaders instead of against them. I can't think of a fantasy game that's based on this specifically, but you could run it with most systems I'd guess.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.