[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 423
Thread images: 110

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What menial jobs have your characters ever taken? Have they ever been a common servant or server?

/pfg/ Link Repository: https://pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>55403671
>>
When did pfg and sfg split up? What did I miss?

Also, any tips for roleplaying as a non-stereotypical pirate? Also he's a lycanthrope.
>>
>>55424738
When starfinder actually came out and gave them something to talk about besides memeing.
>>
>>55424738
About 2 weeks ago I think? Regardless both of the threads have been glacially paced ever since the split, which may or may not be a good thing based on your outlook.
>>
File: Vilderavn.jpg (102KB, 728x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Vilderavn.jpg
102KB, 728x1000px
Have your characters ever been forced into a situation where they have to accept something bad out of pragmatism?

In a Kingmaker game, I took the Twisted Love story feat for the sake of drama, and boy howdy did I get it. My character is a feyspeaker druid, with whom a vilderavn is in love with. This is goddamn terrifying, of course, so she's mostly been avoiding him as much as possible, but we just hit the end of Book 1.

For those of you that don't know, there's a guy in the book named Vadim - he's mutilated beyond looking even human and my character, being the bleeding heart she is, looked into a way to restore his body and mind. And that meant asking the one person she knows with a deep knowledge of the sort of thing he went through. He asked for her hand in marriage, and he would pledge any support she asked of him to her kingdom and people, which he'd count Vadim as.

so, after a horrorstricken moment, she accepted. And now my character is betrothed to a horrific soul-stealing, face changing fey warlord. He can't exactly see to the running of the kingdom, but I suppose this gives me access to an extra champion for us if the shit really hits the fan, eh?

(fuck, I'm so screwed)
>>
>>55425027
Congratz, you're now betrothed to stronk Quasimodo.
>>
>>55425027
Wow, end of book 1 and you've already got a Vilderavn? Better hold off on that feat completion for a while cause yeah, they're damn nasty monsters.

Or it finds a way to actually corrupt your character because they play mortals for suckers for the shits and giggles. Imagine if it actually had very good reason to devote its attention to someone!
>>
>>55425125
>Wow, end of book 1 and you've already got a Vilderavn?
This wasn't planned. This is basically the reverse of everything I and my character wanted, given she's in love with another party member.

The vilderavn just gave me an offer I couldn't refuse for the good of the kingdom, so I went for it. I'm intending to use him sparingly at best because "oh god, he could kill us all" and all that.
>>
>>55425157
Better hope that +25 Sense Motive doesn't catch onto that inter-party love. There are so many ways this can go so horribly, and I'm sad I can't be there to see it.

>accepting a "devil's" bargain for the greater good

That's basically the standard slippery slope example.
>>
File: BLADE-RUNNER.jpg (175KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
BLADE-RUNNER.jpg
175KB, 612x380px
>http://www.archivesofnethys.com/PrestigeClassesDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Pathfinder%20Savant
Why? For what purpose? This essentially just Super Wizard the PrC
>>
File: troll scholar.jpg (608KB, 1200x1023px) Image search: [Google]
troll scholar.jpg
608KB, 1200x1023px
Tell me /pfg/, when was the last time you talked your way out of a situation that your GM clearly expected you to just fight?
>>
>>55425545
The time when my barbarian married what the GM had intended to be a recurring arc villain. It wasn't my idea, but once we'd been betrothed by the team bard, he went along with it.
>>
Looks like more spheres books are in playtest.
>>
>>55425642
Well are you going to share with the class?
>>
>>55425545
I was the GM for this, but the party had been tasked by the Hunters' Guild to bag a Cerynitis.
I had to give it a plot-related weakness to give the party any possible chance at bringing it down. I expected them to seal its freakish speed with cold iron, but they used the Sorcerer's empathic link to his familiar to communicate with it and warn it that the Hunters' Guild was after it and it should get as far away as possible.

They're blacklisted from the Hunters' Guild now, and they'll get taxed out the ass if they try to sell any pelts or furs in any major cities, but the Cerynitis owes them a favor now, and I'm keeping it in my back pocket as a plot device.
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 327x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 327x480px
>This spell is my recital, I think it's very vital,
>To raise (a soul), to kill (a fool),
>It's tricky in the Title!
>>
File: NSQAN.jpg (100KB, 900x711px) Image search: [Google]
NSQAN.jpg
100KB, 900x711px
Are there any options or rules for turning magic staves into other kinds of spears or polearms? Or is that wishful thinking on my part?

Also, assume Spheres isn't an option
>>
File: Kids_asking_for_help.jpg (224KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
Kids_asking_for_help.jpg
224KB, 425x282px
>>55424738
>Also, any tips for roleplaying as a non-stereotypical pirate? Also he's a lycanthrope.
>>
File: Young Cuan.png (668KB, 439x577px) Image search: [Google]
Young Cuan.png
668KB, 439x577px
I really want to play a lancer, but I don't like the idea of lolchargedamage. Are there any other good options for this?
>>
File: 1486582340969.jpg (70KB, 800x894px) Image search: [Google]
1486582340969.jpg
70KB, 800x894px
>>55424636

Foraging and cooking.
>>
>>55425640
That sounds hilarious and sweet, tell me more!

>>55425716
Why was the Guild after such a noble creature? Just the name of the game or was it causing trouble in the region?
>>
File: Demigryph Knights.jpg (166KB, 1280x732px) Image search: [Google]
Demigryph Knights.jpg
166KB, 1280x732px
>>55425799

Beast Rider archetype.
>>
>>55425799
>I want to use a lance
>but I don't want to charge people

>I want to make a gunslinger
>but I don't want to shoot peope

>I want to be a wizard
>but I don't want to cast spells

>I want to play a medic
>but I don't want to heal
>>
>>55425799
Spear Dancing Style feat line is a good start, combine with either Shield Brace or Weapon Trick (Polearm)
>>
Is using leadership to recruit teams of performers and pickpockets a relatively non-cheaty way to make gold?
>>
>>55424636
>Character A spent most of his teen years helping clean, forage, look after horses, and other menial tasks while he was learning catechism and swordfighting.

>Character B was bought because his first master needed children's small arms to reach into clockwork machinery if something went wrong, and spent a lot of his young adulthood doing hard labor

>Character C was a stagehand for a while, and has taken some jobs doing common labor if he needed extra coin at the time
>>
I want to know the connection between the Elves and the Nazis.
>>
File: Spear_girl.jpg (203KB, 600x857px) Image search: [Google]
Spear_girl.jpg
203KB, 600x857px
>>55425749
I'm sure a GM will let you make magic spears as a Staff Master Magus, if you ask politely.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo-magus-archetypes/staff-magus/
>>
>>55424738
Focus on the Lycan bits. He's the Apex Hunter of the seas. He and his pack sail around hunting for worthy crews, beasts, and quarries to test thier claws against and slake thier bloodlust. They've even been known to take on hunting jobs from 3rd parties, provided the quarry be worth thier time. Woe be unto the fool who gave them an unworthy hunt, for he shall soon find himself their next prey
>>
I have a player who is trying to use intimidate and long term coercion as a low level version of leadership. Im fine with giving him a couple goblin lakeys to carry his stuff, but he has made it clear he intends to intimi/slave any evil npcs and bbegs who don't croak in combat.

Any experience with this? Do i allow it, feed the plot machine with a slave revolt at an inopportune time?
>>
>>55425716
But cold iron does jack shit to a cerynitis.
>>
File: ujrBUNq.jpg (108KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
ujrBUNq.jpg
108KB, 720x960px
>>55425869
But anon, I'm already trying to build one, but I wanna use him as a way to abuse Quarterstaff Mastery and Spear Dancing Spiral to be able to get 1handed Polearm action on my Magus and be a magical spearman. And also maybe throw in Skirnir while I'm at it to become a Magical Hoplite

Or am I overbuilding this poor fool?
>>
It will be mine - whatever the cost!
>>
>>55425894
Depends on what kind of campaign you want. I'd say a couple of thugs and shit are fine for lowlevels. Anyone boss tier/with actually decent class levels has their own agenda and will dick the player over unless they take Leadership or does some cracker jack RP.

Hell you don't even need to dick them over. Just have the NPC skip town when the player isn't looking.
>>
>>55425698
Fate and soon Conjuration after it will be going into open playtest in the not too distant future. Weather is still probably going to be the last one, that or maybe Time.
>>
What kind of classes are more prone to long-term planning and long-term visions?
>>
>>55425959
Fate and Conjuration are out now.
>>
>>55425915
>plot-related weakness

Come on anon.
>>
>>55425979
Links, I cant find them. What the heck is the point of a playtest if no one can find the actual documents.
>>
>>55425827
A very prestigious noblewoman hired the guild to get her its pelt. The guild is pretty corrupt, and just wanted the money

>>55425915
I know, but the party was level 4 and I needed the encounter to be winnable.
>>
>>55425964
Most all of the Wis based classes
>>
>>55425777
Play as a Pirate Hunter. The Lycanthropy is a curse for a moment of weakness, but you've turned it around and use it to hunt bad guys.

You must use art of Jon Talbain for your character.
>>
>>55425894
Have them try and murder him.
>>
>>55425979
I've seen no links to them, and the GitP posts talking about the handbook playtest schedule certainly didn't have anything. So I very much doubt that unless they suddenly came up in the 10 hours since the posts, in which case damn is DDS crap at hype and saying when stuff will be available and could you please provide the links?
>>
>>55425831
>>55425838
Thanks. I'll look into these

>>55425836
Not so much lancer in the heavy cavalry sense as in the sense of "person who uses a spear of some description very well"
>>
>>55426020
All I can find is the Protection Handbook which says Conjuration and Fate are out.
>>
>>55426043
Pretty sure that's an old and discarded playtest isn't it?
>>
>>55426077
I mean if being 20 minutes old is now old and Discarded, yeah.
>>
>>55426097
Well then link that? I haven't even heard of Protection now being in active playtest!
>>
>>55425946
Big old kingmaker style sandbox, they got a gig going with the merchant caravan and can stop in any city or hovel, murder or help whoever they come across, and eventually their actions will snowball and land them somewhere in the war brewing in the background. You know unless they turn to piracy and sail the fuck away from it.
>>55426018
Well yes, but that depends on who he captures and what steps he takes to limit their combat effectiveness. It wont matter if the captured wizard can get his hands on a dagger if enlarge person and haste are the only spells that were torn out of his spell book before the rest were burned.
>>
File: 1391511951206.jpg (270KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1391511951206.jpg
270KB, 900x900px
>>55426122
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?536512-Spheres-of-Power-Protection-Handbook-Open-Beta
>>
>>55425027

Yep. We're the leaders of a town of humans, the last surviving bands after some extradimensional invaders wiped our homes clean. They've since mind controlled a subsection of our society en masse and are holding the rest under siege. We found where they were """broadcasting"""" from, and it turns out they were situated under a human settlement (one that they purposefully manufactured on an artificial island to use as human shields). Attempts to rescue the humans means we can't assault the base, as we can only fight against these beings with guerilla tactics - any advance warning and we've lost. So, after some debate (which ended with my character begging, Rorschach style, to be teleported out of the room so he didn't have to be party to this), our forces went ahead and wiped the village and the base off the map.
>>
>>55426140
Thank you!
>>
>>55426077
The only playtests that were discarded were Life and Time - and Life has since been redone.
>>
File: 1339262115700.png (491KB, 640x532px) Image search: [Google]
1339262115700.png
491KB, 640x532px
>Player A constantly trying to flirt with Player B
>Player B too distracted with the game to notice
>Player C tries to get A on the rebound and promptly gets shot down
These fucking skype games m80
>>
>>55426716
As in...their characters, or the actual players?
>>
>>55426739
At this point its very hard to tell, its been going on for the past two sessions.
>Player A tries to RP with Player B
>B gives a token response, then immediately tries to get back to organizing the town watch against the impending giant siege.
>A tries again but B has already left for the woods, tells A to scribe some scrolls
>For no reason C begins talking about the events in his IRL city (same city as A)
>A tells C no OC
>That awkward moment as C tries to contain his spaghetti

Fucking ranger autists m8
>>
What's the premade adventure/AP that involves stealing from the GORILLA KING of Usaro?
>>
>>55427070
He makes a cameo midway through Serpent's Skull, but it's basically just "Yeah, he actually exists and is here. You can fight him if you really want, I guess."
>>
Should people in Golarion call Tian Xia something different than what it actually is supposed to be called? Like how people in Europe used to call China "Cathay"?
>>
the books seem to suggest that vivisectionist alchemists are inherently evil, yet applies no actual alignment limitation to the archetype

How would you play a good vivisectionist alchemist?
>>
>>55427196
Morphine, lots of it.
>>
File: gbf petting.jpg (220KB, 850x919px) Image search: [Google]
gbf petting.jpg
220KB, 850x919px
What race gives the best headpats?
What race is the best to headpat?

What class gives the best headpats?
What class is the best to headpat?
>>
>>55427286
Halflings, gnomes, changelings, catfolk, and ratfolk probably are the best headpat-recipients, being either small in stature or having soft-furred heads.

Dwarves, ironically, would give good headpats with their large hands and stable, sturdy frames. Other than them, races with high strength and good natural charisma would probably give a firm, comfortable headpat.

I want to titfuck Sturm while I hold onto her horns.
>>
Is Spell Combat really that important for a magus? I have a main two-handed weapon that I can't use it with, but I'm not sure if it's worth leaving it aside for spell combat.
>>
File: 1502123313913.png (299KB, 535x548px) Image search: [Google]
1502123313913.png
299KB, 535x548px
>2hu got kicked out of Hell's Rebels
>>
>>55427196
A traveling doctor who takes any job as long as they can pay a modest fee, or takes jobs for the challenge.

Bonus points if he has a legal loli assistant.
>>
>>55427393
You don't have to use spell combat every turn. If you're a hard hitter, and have already cast a multiple strike spell (chill touch is great for this, as is elemental touch) then use it two handed and save one-handing for crowd control spells such as fireball, lightning bolt, flame snake, silver darts, and other area effect spells, or clouds of any sort.
>>
>>55427419
Uh, aren't there multiple Hell's Rebels games now? I honestly can't remember which one he's in.
>>
File: DANPVkiUIAUR5cE.png (617KB, 1308x1087px) Image search: [Google]
DANPVkiUIAUR5cE.png
617KB, 1308x1087px
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/88190/the-dukes-coin

Five days and I still don't have any guaranteed picks. Get them in while you got them.
>>
>>55427484
Says who? Go on, name yourself faggot. Or stop lying.
>>
>>55427568
Whoops, meant for >>55427419 this cunt, not you. Sorry!
>>
>>55427556
Which ones do you like?
What are you looking for that you are not getting?
>>
>>55427556
What if I can't play on Thursday and hate the idea of using voice chat?
>>
>>55427609
Then you sound like a scrub.
>>
>>55427556
>https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/88190/the-dukes-coin
Already run an in person game on Thursday.
>>
>>55427590
It's more that I tend not to guarantee anyone, but literacy and sensible character personality is a plus. Most don't hold up to an interview, especially.

>>55427609
>>55427634
Well, then you don't got them to get them in. The clause is right there.
>>
>>55427698
>Well, then you don't got them to get them in. The clause is right there.
What?
>>
File: 1489820166296.png (584KB, 563x862px) Image search: [Google]
1489820166296.png
584KB, 563x862px
>>55427698
>but literacy and sensible character personality is a plus. Most don't hold up to an interview, especially.
You kind of sound like a dick, I don't think I will apply. Concept is interesting though I might steal that.
>>
>>55427702
>Get them in while you got them.
If you don't got them, you aren't asked to get them in.

>>55427811
A lot of people seem interested in the concept. I don't get why it's not more popular, really. Pathfinder is the only tabletop game I know of(besides model-based wargames) which have full already existing mechanics for napoleonic shenanigans. Sharpe's Rifles, Hornblower, all that good stuff. Let me go with a comparative minimum of houserules.

Sounds fine to me! Let me know how it goes if you do.
>>
Want to play a Draconic Bloodline Bloodrager, would a Lizardfolk or Wyvaran be better if I want to focus on claws to rip and tear guts?
>>
File: 1486731985907.png (1MB, 1684x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1486731985907.png
1MB, 1684x1920px
>>55427849
>A lot of people seem interested in the concept. I don't get why it's not more popular, really
Well from how you acted earlier, I would say your attitude you sound very belittling, I would not want to play a game with you.
>>
>>55427924
I was saying why the concept was not more popular, not my game.
>>
>>55427419
I'm in HR:A. He's not.

Stop shitposting.
>>
As a scoundrel, what characteristical differences are there between a bard and a rogue? Aside from their class features.
>>
File: IMG_3784.png (203KB, 367x574px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3784.png
203KB, 367x574px
>>55427196
She genuinly tries to help people, you know.
>>
>>55428006
Bards aren't complete shit.
>>
The season after the first abdication of Napoleon, and more particularly after the battle of Waterloo, was, it is well known, very fruitful in quarrels between French and English officers. That pleasant gossip, Captain Gronow, has furnished many incidents illustrative of this spirit. It is a fact, that the French spent days and nights practicing fencing; and even resorted to the device of dressing up fencing-masters in officers' clothes, and setting them to pick quarrels with the English. It became impossible for these latter to avoid a conflict with men burning with rage and mortification, and determined to insult their conquerors. At Bordeaux, the Frenchmen used to come across the Garonne for the express purpose of picking a quarrel; and as the challenge usually came from the English, the French had the choice of weapons, and invariably selected their favorite small-sword. Strange to say, the result was usually in favor of our countrymen, who, being utterly helpless at carte, and tierce, and all the niceties of the exercise, unconsciously reproduced the scene in Moliere's Bourgeois, rushed on, in defiance of guards and passes, and cut down their enemy at once. In vain the Frenchmen protested that this was "brutal" and "unchivalrous," that it was a crying outrage against "lee regles d'escrime." Stalwart Englishmen stood by their friend, and, producing loaded pistols, threatened to shoot any who attempted to interfere. This system gradually produced a more wholesome state of feeling.
>>
File: Shyness.png (299KB, 508x925px) Image search: [Google]
Shyness.png
299KB, 508x925px
>>55427312
Half-giants and Half-Orcs are great for giving headpats. Tieflings need headpats. Halflings are for cuddle and for helping tieflings to overcome shyness and lack of friends.
>>
File: Dorf and Cat.png (137KB, 938x548px) Image search: [Google]
Dorf and Cat.png
137KB, 938x548px
>>55427196
Outside of naming certain class features the class doesn't seem to be inherently evil. Just fluff it out as an alchemist using his anatomical knowledge to his advantage.

Would stabbing someone in the kidneys during a life and death battle be any different from the paladin stabbing them with his holy sword? I think not.
>>
>>55427994
Isn't he not a player any more.
>>
>>55427556
Well when do you plan to close apps? And will you still run the game with what you have?
I applied and I really enjoy the sound of the game, I am sorry my app was not upto your standards.
>>
File: 43941378_p0.jpg (250KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
43941378_p0.jpg
250KB, 707x1000px
>>55428278
Apps get closed at the listed date.

And you misunderstand! I said there are no guarantees yet. That's more because I always like to keep the hope of someone else showing up, not on account of everyone being terrible. Don't lose hope any time soon.
>>
File: 3450e2e7877e07ddcd609f12ad5079d7.jpg (429KB, 1384x840px) Image search: [Google]
3450e2e7877e07ddcd609f12ad5079d7.jpg
429KB, 1384x840px
>>55428313
Can I play a foxgirl soldier?
>>
File: 1467856885294.jpg (386KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467856885294.jpg
386KB, 1920x1080px
>>55428313
Thank you for restoring hope!
Here is a gift for you.
>>
File: 51685342_p0_master1200.jpg (613KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
51685342_p0_master1200.jpg
613KB, 849x1200px
>>55428322
Holes shot through an ear may ensue.

>>55428338
What's your app, if you're willing to reveal?
>>
File: miku.jpg (119KB, 700x882px) Image search: [Google]
miku.jpg
119KB, 700x882px
Which are the best airship rules to use for a Granblue /pfg/ game?

Should players be allowed to play as the canon roster for maximum autism? Even the IMAS girls?
>>
File: Coloredpage3v2-1.jpg (2MB, 1517x2150px) Image search: [Google]
Coloredpage3v2-1.jpg
2MB, 1517x2150px
>>55428359
I feel a bit self conscious, especially because I applied before I knew it was a pfg game.
>>
File: 1482273053383.jpg (54KB, 564x1101px) Image search: [Google]
1482273053383.jpg
54KB, 564x1101px
>>55428400
No judgement here. Good luck, then! Have I gotten around to interviewing you? It takes me a bit to get to it all. I may extend the app period a few days if I can't get everyone.
>>
File: DBtAHsrWAAAMb3E.jpg large.jpg (112KB, 600x1110px) Image search: [Google]
DBtAHsrWAAAMb3E.jpg large.jpg
112KB, 600x1110px
>>55428369
SG crossover when?
>>
>>55428369
It depends on whether it's a Gaia-tier "you play as the canon roster in the canon setting" or an isekai-like "you are literally playing yourself in the character's body".

The former will provoke autism, sure, but it's a kind of autism we've seen before and gotten inured to.
The latter would have flames of autism running up and down the thread for ages if just one person gets too enthusiastic.

And I don't think anyone comes to this thread to avoid autism.
>>
How do you convert 2E stuff to PF and/or 3.5?
Planning on running Spelljammer, Planescape and Dark Sun campaigns at some point and I don't want to have to run them in 2E becaus it's shit.
>>
>>55428545
Just play 1e.
>>
File: 1486943534554.jpg (3MB, 1165x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1486943534554.jpg
3MB, 1165x1600px
>>55428486
Nope no interview yet, and the picture was the hint.
I made the sniper
>>
Heaven brings forth innumerable things to nurture man.
Man has nothing good with which to recompense Heaven.
The spirits and gods are knowing, so reflect on this and examine yourselves.
>>
>>55428494
Semen demons, who are these?
>>
>>55428621
Sexy Guilty, IM@S unit.
>>
>>55428513
>or an isekai-like "you are literally playing yourself in the character's body".

C-Can we do this and invite /gbg/ from /vg/?
>>
File: good luck Im behind 7 proxies.jpg (306KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
good luck Im behind 7 proxies.jpg
306KB, 1000x700px
>>55428628
Can we?
>>
>>55428628
You only have to want it hard enough.
I'd run it for giggles if I wasn't already preparing for another /pfg/ game.
>>
>>55428565
>expecting me to play worst edition
>>
What are some fun Monk builds? I wanna punch people in the face!
>>
>>55428725
One of my friends had a "wrestle everything" monk build once. It was stupidly OP.
>>
>>55428725
Sensei+Quinggong+Drunken Master. you take a swig of booze, ramble a bit, and then suddenly all of your friends are farting lasers!
>>
>>55428743
More specifically, he was playing a warforged, using agile manuevers.
>>
File: e04b02bb219160b2eea4798607cf7abe.jpg (442KB, 2000x2500px) Image search: [Google]
e04b02bb219160b2eea4798607cf7abe.jpg
442KB, 2000x2500px
>>55428641
Why are his other bodies naked?
>>
>>55428881
You know why.
>>
File: Qyburn_for_science.jpg (198KB, 1339x630px) Image search: [Google]
Qyburn_for_science.jpg
198KB, 1339x630px
>>55427196
>>
>>55428881
Because it's that kind of a doujin...
>>
>>55428881
He literally chose that body for himself because it's cute (and for mercilessly exploiting the treatment cute girls get).
It's not much of a stretch to figure he's taken the basically free sex he can get to new lengths.
>>
>>55428679
Well, you're in Pathfinder thread, aren't you?
>>
>>55428753
I don't want to encourage my friends to kill people, though! I want to punch people in the face!
>>
Sorta a specific question. I'm about to join a Curse of the Crimson Throne AP and I was curious if there was information on a royal guard or an order that would've served as Eodred Arabasti's personal guard BEFORE the rise of Queen Ileosa and the formation of the Gray Maidens.
>>
Any good /pfg/ games up? I only know of Starstone, and that's shit.
>>
>>55429058
>good /pfg/ games
I'm pretty sure that's an oxymoron.
>>
>>55425027
Not really forced, but kinda forced. We needed to rescue a princess as part of a deal to unlock the abilities to kill this god that was planning to completely manifest in the material. The problem was the tower she was in had what was essentially an army hanging out at the bottom.

We decided it'd be a better idea to blow the dam they had set up, drowning the army and letting us land our flying ship on the top off the tower without them shooting us out of the sky.

Unfortunately, the dam was filled with slaves, and upon freeing them, they mentioned all the slaves that were surely at the foot of the tower.

We chose to break the dam regardless, killing all those slaves and soldiers so we could rescue the princess. It still bothers my character a bit, but she's learned to compartmentalize these things. She was a merc, so it's not the first time she's had to sacrifice innocents to achieve a goal. It doesn't really get easier, that being said.
>>
>>55429079
I dunno, certain games can be good. Like Ensoulment, for example, that was pretty alright. Starstone is shit tho
>>
>>55427811
I'm unsure how that's being a dick. That's basic shit if you want a game to move at a reasonable pace with reasonable characters.
>>
I'm gonna play my 1st session ever, and I'm wondering if making pacifist character, who is afraid to fight is a good idea?
>>
>>55429414
No. Only make a pacifist if you're familiar enough with the system to know how to do it while remaining helpful.
>>
>all this fucking anime shitposting and /pfg/ celebrity gossip

I want to die
>>
>>55429414
Pacifism is retarded. Pathfinder, at its heart, is a combat-focused roleplaying game. Whether it does that well is up to argument. Thing is, you're ignoring the majority of mechanics if you're just going to be doing some pacifist bullshit, making the entire group who wants to fight and roleplay bored out of their minds. It certainly works in a game like World of Darkness, but Pathfinder? No.

Fuck pacifists in games like these, and fuck you.
>>
>>55429414
The best way to make a Pacifist in a system such as Pathfinder is to make what is referred to as a "Martial Pacifist." ie: "One who is against fighting, but will not hesitate to kick your ass should the need arise." The best way to pull this off is to use one of the many ways to do nonlethal damage without Penalty, wether it be via a trait (Blade of Mercy or Mock Gladiator) a Feat (Bludgeoner or Improved Unarmed Combat) or a Class Feature (Order of the Blue Rose's level 2 class feature.) to play through a Pathfinder game without expecting to fight at all is like being a slice of pizza at a food convention; you'll just get eaten up.
>>
>>55429545
>all this depression

I want to die
>>
>>55429545
>all this fucking BBEG

I want to ugh
>>
>>55424772
we shitpost a lot less, i think its good
>>
>>55429545
whats the latest celeb gossip anyways
>>
What do you guys think of Combat Advice feat? I am thinking of taking it as my 1st level feat for a caster since it gives me something to do with my move action when I don't need it (but would probably retrain it into something else down the line because I don't imagine it remaining useful forever).

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/combat-advice/

The feat is basically, you spend a move action to give an ally a +2 bonus for their next attack against a specific enemy you designate. There's no time limit on how long the boost lasts except that it goes away when they make the attack, so you could spend a minute giving all of your allies whispered advice before ambushing the enemy before the fight if you can see them, or during a fight if you don't need to move somewhere it's a better use of your move action than wasting it especially if you have 3/4s BAB martials in the party who could use the extra help. But I think that at higher levels, the +2 bonus will becoming increasingly trivial and the feat slot might be better getting retrained into something more relevant.

Also, style points for having the full caster go "old sensei" on the other party members and tell them about their bad form or stance and how they should attack, in the middle of a fight.
>>
File: Yuri.jpg (129KB, 1116x1518px) Image search: [Google]
Yuri.jpg
129KB, 1116x1518px
>>55430808

Cheerleading from 1st-level followers from Leadership has never been so useful.
>>
>>55430808
it's semi decent at lower levels, especially since you onl get so many spells in a day. but at higher levels? The bonus for it's action cost (One +2 to hit for one move action) is negligible. not to mnetion, it'll be nigh useless if there's a bard in the same party.
>>
>>55430869
Those are pretty much exactly my thoughts (we don't have a bard though so that's not a worry). I think it could be especially helpful since one of the PCs is an unchained Rogue, and helping them hit with their debilitating strike so probably a good idea. The other two PCs are both full BAB, so I don't think they need it as much.

Originally I had taken Improved Initiative, but my DM said I could and suggested I should trade it out for something else because I already have a +13 initiative bonus.

Do you have suggestions for other 1st level feats I should consider? I considered Spell Focus but I don't think I need it yet.
>>
File: 61190787_p0.jpg (519KB, 900x1271px) Image search: [Google]
61190787_p0.jpg
519KB, 900x1271px
>the player wants to use Asanagi art for a portrait

Do you allow it?
>>
Realistically speaking, how would you handle weapons along the lines of the Dark Souls Ultra-Greatswords and boss weapons/The Dragonslayer?

Some sort of Artifact? How would you stat it?
>>
>>55427100
That's underwhelming but I guess I'll take what I can get. Any specific piece of Serpent's Skull?
>>
>>55430955
No? Why would you? Remove the player and stop future problems from happening.
>>
>>55430997
Large Sized Greatsword
>boss weapons
Just regular named magic items. Fuck some of them aren't even "unique".
>>
>>55431062
>Large sized greatsword
>Strong enough swings to literally create clouds of dust everywhere and smash through almost anything
Are you sure you shouldn't be playing 5e
>>
>>55431101
What are you even on about? Yes a Large Sized Greatsword/Heavy Blade would probably kick up a lot of dust and kill most regular folk in one hit.
>>
How up to date is the PFSRD, really? If I look over the feats or the spells on it, how much stuff do you think I'm not seeing? I remember the PFSRD being pretty slow to update so I'm thinking I should consider cracking open some recent books, but I wouldn't know which ones.

Is there a page on the PFSRD that lists which books have been added so far? That would be convenient.
>>
>>55431336
i've seen stuff from as recent as the Elemental Master's Handbook.
>>
>>55430955
Only in a lewd game.
>>
>>55431034
>problems
I see that you suffer from severe autism to the point that even a suggestion can trigger you.
The reason you have no friends is that you're so caught up in your own "rightness" and "justice" that you don't give people a chance, and you end up pushing them away because you convince yourself they're enemies because of a casual suggestion, joke or misunderstanding.
A fundamental cornerstone of human interaction is the idea of approachability and tolerance, in which you don't immediately react with hostility to a situation in which you aren't pressured.
Rest assured that if you would actually ban a player who "dared" bring a character picture that you consider "degenerate", despite them having done nothing else at all to make your game worse, no one else will ever have the misfortune to play with you again.
The worst people in the roleplaying community aren't even natural-20 chimpanzees or spergy Sonic fans who want to play burly lizardmen.
It's an even draw between shrill Tumblrites and people like you, who have no interest in roleplaying or characterization once it passes their incredibly diffuse and ambiguous limit, and who'll discard character concepts in swathes, throwing players out along with them, because someone had the guts to like something you didn't.
Actually, the only thing that separates you and the Tumblrinas is the political opinions.
>>
>>55431336
Some books are added almost immediately*, some books are added over a long period of time, and some things just never appear on the SRD(Boots of Earth are one OGL item that is completely missing, and I'm certain there's a lot of other material that isn't there). Bottom line is that if you're concerned about missing stuff, you shouldn't rely on the SRD.

*that is, after a suitable time to encourage people to actually buy the books
>>
>>55430955
Absolutely.
>>
>>55431509
>like, yeah, people crossdressed, but there was no fucking real trannies back then
I'm sorry are you a time traveler?
>>
>>55431549
>he crossdressing female pirates acted male and took on male monikers because they'd be discriminated against for being women
That's an utter non sequitur. Also why does a fantasy world need to follow IRL sociological development either. There wasn't Magic IRL in NAPOLEONIC TIMES either.
>>
>try to make a custom weapon with the design points rules

[Weighted Halberd, Double Weapon, Two-handed Martial, Polearm]
Edge: 1d10, Critical 19-20, Type: S
Tip: 1d8, Critical x3, Type: P, Special: Reach

Does anyone use this system at all? just the Edge is worse than a normal halberd and it costs a lot more. This thing costs 75gp base and it's not very good on any end.
>>
>>55431374
Okay, apparently that came out in September of this year, so that is pretty recent. I figured they would have stuff from recent books, I just don't know that they upload all the stuff from the books, so it would be an issue of completion.

>>55431487
>some things just never appear on the SRD

That's what I'm figuring really, that there's some stuff that's just missing. Still, it's probably mostly complete and good enough to use.
>>
>>55431572
For the record, there are a dozen systems to do napoleonic times in and Pathfinder is not one of them
>>
>>55431624
> let's just throw out any historicity
Why should a fantasy conform to historicity when you say so?
>how about giving the game like 2000s weappn
Why not? Barrier Peaks was a thing. As long as there's an explanation for this weapon development and how it impacted the world< what's the issue?
>>
File: 1429343737558.jpg (52KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1429343737558.jpg
52KB, 600x800px
>>55431674
>why should a historical campaign have any historical accuracy dont u know im mentally ill
>>
>>55431509
Chevalier d'Eon

Checkmate, bigot.
>>
>>55431755
>NAPOLEONIC ERA-BASED FANTASY CAMPAIGN
Based does not mean it's supposed to be an accurate depiction. It takes elements and heavy inspiration but why shouldn't it take it's own liberties.
>>55431763
>>why should a historical campaign have any historical accuracy
Because it's not a historical campaign? Referencing history doesn't necessarily mean being a slave to it. If you want "alternate geography" bullshit, go play Song of Swords or something.
>Mentally ill
Not even a tranny.
>>
>>55431832
>Why don't we take the goalposts...
>And move them over there!
>>
File: 7a3.png (280KB, 372x539px) Image search: [Google]
7a3.png
280KB, 372x539px
>>55431817
why do you want trannies to be included so bad, then?
>>
>>55431860
I'm the guy who originally defended the tranny character, and I'm pretty sure the he's implying a spy isn't actually trans. Just playing a role to get info as opposed to legitimately believing/identifying as female.
>>
>>55431865
Well, in my case, it's because traps are hot, even if they are gay, and I would smash the shit out of their boipussies.
>>
>>55431865

Why do you want trannies to be excluded so badly?
>>
>>55431884
It was his public persona, though, and he didn't become a she until his fifties, when he public went about identifying as a woman.
>>
File: kek.jpg (130KB, 816x753px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
130KB, 816x753px
>>55431902
because they didn't exist and you only want them included because you're mentally ill
>>
>>55431942
>>55431945
>ahistoricity and shoehorned diversity and liberalism, ya autist
So pretty much because you're just hateful /pol/faggots.

Also, fuck off Broodie.
>>
If I'm pretty much totally new to tabletop games in general, where can I get in on a newbie friendly group for this?
>>
>>55431945
No, actually, it literally wasn't. He was retired by that point, and chose to live out the rest of his days as a woman (though I will acknowledge, yeah, Reverse Trap pirates were not Trannies).
>>
>>55424636
In a game a friend of mine is running, my character skipped a party being held in his and the other PC's honor so he could cook food for said party. It wasn't all just profession rolls, either. We're on a ship and didn't have access to certain ingredients, so a lot of it was me brainstorming 'what can I use instead of x to make y not taste like Grindylow ass?'

I long for another session that comfy.
>>
>>55432010
Apply to Iron Gods and Flesh Desires. It's pathfinder's end-state.
>>
File: 1494758983066.jpg (84KB, 749x751px) Image search: [Google]
1494758983066.jpg
84KB, 749x751px
>>55431980
>these people noticed my bullshit reasoning, they must be FASCISTS

>being this retarded
>>
>>55431945
>oh man, let's take our liberties pretty hard by including something that became big more than 200 years later :DDD

Yes welcome to tabeltop games where tech that's more than centuries apart is included in the same setting? You do know you're in Pathfidner general, yes?
>ahistoricity and shoehorned diversity and liberalism
So /pol/ faggotry. You hate trannies so they shouldn't be anywhere. Okay.

Also how is it shoehorned or forced if that's what the person wants to play? They came up with the character of their own voilition? If anything you're arguing for shoehorned conformity.
>>55432033
Again, it's a fantasy setting. It can deviate from history when it wants to.
>>
>>55432010
well, problem here is that from what i've seen, /PFG/ games are NOT newcomer freindly. neither are living campaigns, so don't go to those, either. your best option is to possibly find a group that welcomes newcomers to tabletop RPG's. Furthermore, Pathfinder isn't wholly accsessible for a first RPG. you'd be better off starting with something like D&D 5th edition.
>>
>>55432033
Entirely possible!

However, I believe that living most of his life as a female may have triggered a dysphoria or similiar mental illness that made him a legit (and not fashionable, as so many modern 'trans' people are) transwoman, thus why he spent every day of the last 33 years of his life as a woman. The job started it, but it warped his mind and in the end, it was a legit mental sickness (which transsexuality is).
>>
>>55432083
This, really.
Maybe try something like the Beginner's Box first if you want to get into Pathfinder, or play a simple class (Barbarian, maybe Sorcerer) in a short game you start with some friends.
>>
>>55432034
If you post /pol/memes like a /pol/tard. Toss around /pol/tard logic. And espouse /pol/like opinions, don't be surprised I assume you are one. Just like you assume I'm trans, despite the fact I'd probably kill myself if I woke up as a chick.
>>
File: IMG_20170905_173201.jpg (55KB, 667x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170905_173201.jpg
55KB, 667x800px
>>55432074
>golly gee you don't want to see trannies in a historical fantasy setting, it must be because you hate them, not like it'd break immersion or anything
>ANYONE WHO DOESN'T AGREE WITH ME IS A /POL/FAGGOT
>>
>>55431434
>I don't want literal fetish art in my game
>REEEEEEEEEEE

Very insightful.
>>
>>55432119
See
>>55432117

>imersian
If you wanted historical fucking ANYTHIGN you wouldn't be playing Pathfinder. D&D has never been historically accurate because it doesn't and shouldn't try to be.

Has it been inspired by history yes, but that doesn't mean it tries to be remotely accurate.
>>
>>55432119
>>55432168
Go get a room you two.
>>
>>55432144
>because they don't respect the historicity of the campaign??
Except where does the campaign try to be historically accurate?
>fantasy really does not justify letting your campaign be all-inclusive to things, unless you don't really give two shits about having a theme
How does having trannies violate the theme but having fantasy races, magic, etc doesn't?

Of course you can't toss everything in a blender and hope it works, but what about having a single trans person violates the theme of the setting aside from your own personal bias on the subject.

Is it really that fucking imemrsian shattering that one fucking person out of millions thinks "maybe I was born in the wrong body" or "I'm a woman's soul in a man's body"?
>>
>>55432168
>if u want historical anything 2 bad i gotta shoehorn in muh diversity
>>
Hows the Tism levels in your typical /pfg/ playerbase?
Which ones have it the worse?
>>
>>55432211
>>55432211
No, if you want historical anything you shouldn't be playing Pathfinder period.
>shoehorn
What's shoehorned about it? If the player WANTS to play as such a character, isn't that the opposite of shoehorning something. Again, you're arguing for conformity for it's own sake.
>>55432215
>if it's a history-based fantasy campaign, it includes FANTASY BECAUSE THAT'S ITS THEME
But it's violating the historicity.

And you're dodging the question.
>>
>>55431549
Stop trying to justify your degenerate weeb app.
>>
File: CXIhAM8WAAAw4sl.jpg (16KB, 473x357px) Image search: [Google]
CXIhAM8WAAAw4sl.jpg
16KB, 473x357px
>>55432244
>What's so shoehorned about my shoehorning?
>>
I love the fact people are overlooking the obvious answer:

There are few records of transgender individuals prior to modern times (look up Elagabus if you're so fucking committed to your rhetoric), because gender dysphoria was, and continues to be as evidenced by this discussion, a highly stigmatized and misunderstood condition. With no actual solutions available, there would be no reason for any but the most desperate to discuss their condition.

A fantasy world tips that on its head, by having literal magic, alongside a fairly cheap potion that instantly changes your gender. Stop being such a fucking /pol/tard for thirty seconds and think. Holy shit.
>>
>>55432273
>it's history AND fantasy, you very special boy
So why is one violation okay, but another isn't.

You say trans and queers aren't fantasy. But humans aren't either, so I guess fantasy shouldn't have humans. You fucking retard.

Again
>Is it really that fucking imemrsian shattering that one fucking person out of millions thinks "maybe I was born in the wrong body" or "I'm a woman's soul in a man's body"?
What makes this impossible.

He has every right to make a transcharacter because he's trans, it's his fetish, or he's just fucking crazy. Just like you have every right to think it's bad because you hate transpeople.
>>
>>55432288
>There are few records of transgender individuals prior to modern times
There are NO records of transgender individuals prior to modern times, because even if an individual suffered from gender dysphoria, they had no means to TRANSITION from one gender to another.
>>
File: tumblr_o08i1orLri1uj2e69o2_500.jpg (30KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o08i1orLri1uj2e69o2_500.jpg
30KB, 500x281px
>>55432299
>getting this assmad because no one wants your mentally ill character
>>
>>55432312
Not for a lack of trying, in some cases.
>>
>>55432314
I'm not the applicant. I get assmad when people project their own prejudices onto the game under the guise of giving a shit about stuff like "historical accuracy" that isn't even the goal of a game.
>>
>>55432312
>There are NO records of transgender individuals prior to modern times, because even if an individual suffered from gender dysphoria, they had no means to TRANSITION from one gender to another.
This is splitting hairs since we're obviously talking about people with gender dysphoria.

Who can't exist in Napoleonic inspired fantasy settings because reasons.
>>
File: 849.jpg (15KB, 506x404px) Image search: [Google]
849.jpg
15KB, 506x404px
>>55432347
>historical accuracy isn't the goal of the game that's why it's in a historical setting ok?
>>
>>55429259
ENSOULMENT
GREEN TEXTS
W H E N
>>
>>55432367
Nowhere in the campaign is the word "historical" or "history" used. Nor is there any implication the GM is using the Napoleanic Era s anything other than "inspiration".

Inspiration can mean a lot of things. Accurate is not necessarily one of them.
>>
>>55432401
Protag got killed by a hurricane
>>
>>55432443
No, but I'd be happy if you killed yourself faggot.
>>
>>55432401
Hurricane Irma happened. Ensoulment will resume soon.
>>
>>55432443
I want to hold a trap in my arms while I pound their boipussy until they cum hands free, does that count?
>>
File: images(2).jpg (6KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
6KB, 224x225px
>>55432458
>Not even happy if they get what they want

typical libfag lel
>>
>>55432535
>do you want a tranny
>No
>Not happy if you get what you want
>despite explicitly saying that's what you want
Wow, /pol/niggers really are fucking retarded.
>>
File: maxresdefault(1).jpg (119KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(1).jpg
119KB, 1500x1500px
>>55432556
>Projecting this hard
>>
>>55432498
>Being a good goy
Artificial wombs are coming.
Traps and trap lovers will inherit the earth.
As will nerds with sexbot waifus.
While Traps are better than sexbots, both are better partners than westernized women.

The waifu age is coming, embrace it!
>>
>>55432657
>Artificial Wombs
>Anyone getting pregnant
>Unless its your sexbot and you're into that.
You what, no, babby gets formed in an incubator through optimized gene combos (with either two partners or an optimized "female" genome).
>>
File: Champion of Slaanesh.jpg (94KB, 659x650px) Image search: [Google]
Champion of Slaanesh.jpg
94KB, 659x650px
>>55432723
>>Anyone getting pregnant
>>Unless you're into that
>not being into that
>>
File: Gwyn.jpg (7KB, 296x201px) Image search: [Google]
Gwyn.jpg
7KB, 296x201px
>>55432765
>>
>>55432749
I never said I wasn't, just that it's a thing for sexbots, since really we ought to phase out women over the next few millenia (maybe keep a small population around in case of societal collapse). They're only good for governments and NGOs to create easily leverageable power vectors via their naturally tendency to commit groupthink and submit to the will and norms of those people who have power regardless of the culture they grew up in.
>>
>>55432792
Duly noted. Now where would you like to conduct next stage of research? Your place, mine, or maybe someplace outdoors?
>>
>>55432821
but that's gay anon
>>
Jesus this thread went barreling into the fucking garbage fire at break neck pace.
>>
>>55432910
I'm not even particularly impressed. I thought it would be faster.
>>
File: needless.png (374KB, 699x492px) Image search: [Google]
needless.png
374KB, 699x492px
>>55432885

>>55432897
Is that a rejection or another remark I should note before proceeding?
>>
>>55432910
it's like watching a train crash in slow motion. nothing you can do about it, so here. have some popcorn.
>>
>>55432949
I just want a link to the conjuration playtest, but instead we get all this dumb gay shit
>>
>>55432935
anon please, this is a christian imageboard.
>>
>>55433022
So I will stand here with my shoulders square and tall,
And when the whistle blows, not falter,
But when the crash comes I will fall.
With so much steam and steel behind it,
I won't slow it down at all.
>>
>>55433024
Geez, fine. I will see myself out.
>>
File: 1476929220445.jpg (77KB, 800x488px) Image search: [Google]
1476929220445.jpg
77KB, 800x488px
>>55432749
Have you dealt with pregnant women, Anon? It's not fun.
>>
File: 1499559298383.jpg (2MB, 1499x1078px) Image search: [Google]
1499559298383.jpg
2MB, 1499x1078px
In an attempt to salvage this thread, what's your favorite "home base" you've ever had? What cool things did you have or want?

I want a dope-ass pirate island with tunnels, secret tunnels, fake tunnels, secret second docks, and maybe a secret backup island!
>>
>>55432935
Whenever I see that image, I am reminded of how bad that series cockslapped itself in the last arc
>>
>>55433514
the only home base a PC of mine ever had was an apartment. fun times were had when some shmuck decides to interrupt them while they were sleeping. rolling a nat 20 on an unarmed Mountain Hammer with critical Deck rules = Roundhouse kicking a bitch through a wall.
>>
>>55433514
We took an airship full of treasure from some Denizens of Leng.
>>
>>55433514
An airship. The only one known to exist, actually. I don't think any other character I've made has had a home base.
>>
File: Half_orc_family.jpg (76KB, 600x521px) Image search: [Google]
Half_orc_family.jpg
76KB, 600x521px
>>55433448
The baby that you deal with after is cute and all, but it's not a barrel of laughs either.
>>
File: 1442720019377.jpg (107KB, 499x750px) Image search: [Google]
1442720019377.jpg
107KB, 499x750px
>>55433756
Wow, I have barely heard of Leng. What was the treasure and what did you do with it? Were there tunnels?

>>55433792
Airships are always cool, Anon! Travel the skies living the life of a sky pirate! Where did you get the airship from? Where did you take it?

>>55433564
Apartments sound cozy. Did you ever fix the hole in the wall? Who was the guy who tried to nab you while you slept?
>>
>>55433514
Stole a tower from an evil wizard. And I by steal I mean while the wizard was busy gathering souls or whatever we relocated the tower physically to another location and fortified our position so that he was the one having to dredge through a trap filled hellhole with bound outsiders in every corner while we waited at the top, eating chicken.
>>
>>55433884
>Wow, I have barely heard of Leng
Same here. The campaign died immediately after the session where we took the ship. We couldn't do anything with it.
>>
Reminder that if you're in the Discord, you're a worthless person and the world will be better off when you kill yourself. You won't be missed, you won't have any impact, and the only record of you will be people celebrating your death.
>>
>>55433884
The wall was fixed...eventually. the landlord was an incredibly scary woman, even to PC's! And the Person who got roundhousekicked? Just a random, hired thug. of course, it lead to an entire plot thread that ended up with the party busting an entire international crime ring, so i'm content in not knowing their name.
>>
Who are you, gorgeous one?
>>
>>55433937
What's got you all worked up, brah?
>>
File: CTYeQyTWUAEm7gb.jpg (41KB, 600x366px) Image search: [Google]
CTYeQyTWUAEm7gb.jpg
41KB, 600x366px
>>55433878

If it gets to be a problem, just mail it off to the humans. They'll figure something out.
>>
File: giphy_s.gif (72KB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
giphy_s.gif
72KB, 480x287px
>>55433937
>>
>>55433884
It was an old civilization relic. We had to kill a golem and an undead dragon to get it. (Dragons aren't thought to exist, so it was a bigger deal than it sounds like.) Currently, we're using it to move around quickly on our journey to save the world.
>>
File: Taipei 101 Tower.jpg (462KB, 1728x3072px) Image search: [Google]
Taipei 101 Tower.jpg
462KB, 1728x3072px
>>55433891
How do you physically relocate a tower without it's owner noticing? Especially when he's got that many defenses set up. How menacing did the tower look?

>>55433935
I'm sorry to hear that, anon. Maybe one day we can travel and learn about Leng together!

>>55433935
Everyone deserves happiness, anon. Even you! I hope you find happiness!
>>
>>55433937
Why so salty bro? Did daddy kick you out of the cabal?
>>
File: 1502897359365.jpg (10KB, 139x130px) Image search: [Google]
1502897359365.jpg
10KB, 139x130px
>>55433956
The name's Konner! And who might you be?
>>
>>55433956
Hi, I'm Doug.
>>
>>55433956
I AM...THE LAW!
>>
>>55434036
>How do you physically relocate a tower without it's owner noticing? Especially when he's got that many defenses set up. How menacing did the tower look?
Well he did have many defenses, more than we anticipated. Every time we thought we found a way in we'd find an alarm spell or something like that and some invisible construct scouts told us that the entire place was covered in wards and all sorts of bound and captured creatures. The tower was also made from a single solid stone cylinder or marble that the wizard had personally pulled out of the ground and by hand carved it making a new entrance was even harder since we couldn't just find a loose brick or two and trying to interact with the tower magically would also send for the wizard to return (as we found out early into our excursions against the bastard). So we thought of the only way we could not only deal with everything inside the tower, but also steal the tower itself: The ground around it wasn't part of the alarm and ward system. Thus we decided to carve out all the dirt, sand and whatever around the tower until it fell over and then we'd just roll it down a hill until we were sure everything inside was either dead or dying. By the time the evil wizard was back we had already put the tower back up about a few miles away from it's original position hidden behind a rather large forest He of course couldn't prep for any divination stuff due to the lack of spellbooks (still in the tower gods knows why) and had to manually search for it. By the time he had found himself a new book and the tower we had already had a few days to fortify the position with the help of some outsiders and we felt a great pride in the fact that we had somehow managed to turn the tables against this asshole.
>>
File: human archer (15).jpg (1MB, 2500x1731px) Image search: [Google]
human archer (15).jpg
1MB, 2500x1731px
Is there a way to make archery fun in Pathfinder? Something where it isn't stand and full attack (with a boost if using PoW). I like bow classes or characters in most games, but it's really boring to just roll dice every turn and only do damage before it's someone elses turn.
>>
Doubt anyone will have it, but could somebody upload season 2-4 of the pathfinder adventure card guild to the Troves?
>>
>>55434238
>[Anor Londo flashabacks intensify]
>>
>>55434238
I think one of the Tactic Toolbox books, and maybe WMH, have some utility stuff for use with ranged weapons. Also, if PoW is on the table, there's always just doing trickshots and maneuvers with Tempest Gale
>>
File: elf butt.png (67KB, 211x226px) Image search: [Google]
elf butt.png
67KB, 211x226px
>>55434210
>until it fell over and then we'd just roll it down a hill until we were sure everything inside was either dead or dying
That's fucking amazing
>>
>>55434268
>[Screams about beach umbrellas in Italian]
>>
>>55434238

There are several feats that allow you to use a bow to perform various different combat maneuvers. Ranged Disarm and the like, I think.

Archery is generally considered a very good option in Pathfinder, so if you're not having fun with it, maybe it's just not your style.

Try multi-classing to see if you can come up with anything interesting to stack on to your arrows, or give you new abilities to use in and out of combat.
>>
>>55434238
>Archery
>Not fun
>>
>>55434268
Is this Anor Londo?
>>
>>55434238
Arcane Archer, Eldritch Archer, Path of War. Plenty of ways to get magic for your bow.
>>
>>55434270
Why do devs seem to think that giving up my whole turn to have a chance at putting a -2 on one guys actions, a -10%, for maaaaaybe the whole combat is ever, EVER, a good idea?
>>
>>55434337
I know who you are!
>>
>>55434337
You
Did it
>>
>>55434373
>>55434376
So I've been grinding.
>>
>>55434268
>[memories of sniping at Anor Londo]
good times
>>
>>55434391
See what I mean?
>>
File: 1503697652399.jpg (78KB, 538x670px) Image search: [Google]
1503697652399.jpg
78KB, 538x670px
>>55434337
>>55434373
>>55434376
>>55434391
>>55434403
>>
File: Woolie and Pat.png (224KB, 299x308px) Image search: [Google]
Woolie and Pat.png
224KB, 299x308px
>>55434416
>>
>>55434403
DROP YOUR FUCKING SHIELD!
>>
>>55434439
That didn't open any secret doors
>>
File: 1493683063157.png (362KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1493683063157.png
362KB, 700x700px
>>55434432
>>55434439
>>55434454
I don't know what's going on now
>>
>>55434454
>>55434439
>>55434432
/v/ pls go
>>
>>55434461

Something to do with the Best Friends Play guys, I think.
>>
>>55434119
>>55434151
>>55434196

Indeed... I shall reveal to you all my splendors. prepare more than your eyes - I'm a feast for all the senses. come with me for the adventure of your life, fair one...I'm sssoooo unsatisfied...
>>
File: CwnCd1nVEAA7Ds6.jpg large.jpg (85KB, 1280x679px) Image search: [Google]
CwnCd1nVEAA7Ds6.jpg large.jpg
85KB, 1280x679px
>>55434461
Perfect
>>
>>55434461
Presumably, it's one of them "watch me play this game and make inane comments on youtube" things.
>>
>>55434479
>>55434501
So shit /v/ e-celeb memes are pathfinder related now?
>>
Get your /v/ e-celebs out of here! /pfg/ e-celebs only!
>>
>>55434526
It's at least on the right board.
>>
>>55434526
/pfg/ e-celebs are shit, that's why we had to import
>>
>>55434509
About as much as our current e-celeb memes
>>
>>55434326
Standing around and just full attacking isn't my thing. It's not really engaging because I make no decisions other than who to turret.

>>55434347
Eldritch Archer sounds kinda nice, but kinda janky at the same time.

How do I use PoW to make archery fun and not just full attacks with even bigger numbers, but not weak debuffs like >>55434366 who I kinda agree with.
>>
>>55433514
the party my DM had before me initiated a military coup and so for a little they had this entire keep all to themselves.
What makes it better though is that they decided to kill the BBEG by using an incredibly powerful artifact to lift up the entire fortress, drag it over, and drop it on top of the BBEG's fortress. winning the campaign.
>>
>>55434238
Tempest gale you weenie
>>
>>55434645
certain Tempest Gale stuff allows you to easily make ranged combat maneuvers. like Dirty Trick. with enough investment into Dirty Trick, you can easily put incredibly harsh debuffs onto your opponent such as Blind, Pinned, or even Nauseated.
>>
>>55434672
>>55434684
Would that gimp my damage ability?
>>
>>55434672
Curzed razor too. It can be used at range and has ton of debuffs
>>
>>55434347
Eldritch Archer is honestly a fucking blast to play
>>
>>55434697
Marginally, but at least you'd be doing something interesting with your actions.
>>
>>55434713
I know, I am prone to using it with guns though, it is the closest I can get to gunmage in pathfinder that isn't total ass.
>>
>>55434697
Well, yeah. Since PoW stuffs so much damage into stances and boosts, you can't really beat full attacks(or maneuvers that emulate full attacks). That's one of the major downsides of using PoW instead of ToB.
>>
>>55434740
S p e l l b u r s t s a v a n t
>>
Is there any way in non-mythic 1PP material to gain the ability to counterspell as an immediate action?
>>
>>55434907
Readied action with dispel magic or the same spell they're casting
>>
File: 1410029640693.jpg (24KB, 560x330px) Image search: [Google]
1410029640693.jpg
24KB, 560x330px
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/34676894

>Hey guys! Look what I found. It's this book that I think you're suppose to play pretend with. I think it could be kinda fun!

>What is it?

>It's one of those dice games! With a lot of rules and stuff.

>From Another Time Another Land?

>I thought we could try playing it! There's even a random character generation and everything.
>>
File: enough.png (84KB, 419x306px) Image search: [Google]
enough.png
84KB, 419x306px
>>55435010
>FATAL
>>
>>55434907
Arcanist
>>
>>55434939
>Readied action
Is not an immediate action.
>>
For those who prey in the night, the taint of abyss makes tempting gifts.
>>
>>55435052
Same effect tho
>>
>>55435057
Same, to be honest.
>>
>>55434907
Skald spell-warrior archetype at later levels, though it's rather performance and slot intensive in addition to being able to counter stuff only up to 6th level spells.
>>
>>55435111
Except the above poster specifically asked for immediate action, as in a way not to waste your turn just in case an enemy tries to cast something.
>>
>>55435026
>>55435139
Thanks, knew about the arcanist but now the Skald.
>>
File: Ant_final_logo.jpg (1MB, 1000x1768px) Image search: [Google]
Ant_final_logo.jpg
1MB, 1000x1768px
What would be her class?
>>
>>55435010
>"Looks too complicated. Besides, I heard that playing these games let's the devil into your soul and let's you use voodoo magic to kill your friends for "levels" in the game. Pretty sure it's in the rules."
>"Come on Mac, you already came out the closet and there's nothing that you could do with your body that would make Jesus anymore sad."

http://alexanderlozada.com/iasip/?Ik1hYyBGb3VuZHMgdGhlIENodXJjaCBvZiBab24tS3V0aG9uIg==
>>
>>55435294
Occultist. And occultist is a psychic.
>>
>>55435294
Expert
>>
>>55435315
No DD Ocultist is either an PF Occultist or an Avowed.
>>
>>55435327

So, would they be the same class but different emphasis?
>>
>>55431501
Source on that third pic?
>>
File: 1365363690492.gif (688KB, 286x310px) Image search: [Google]
1365363690492.gif
688KB, 286x310px
>2 year campaign of Shattered Star finally comes to an end
>mfw I just feel empty now
I can't believe it we played for 2 years, shit.
>>
File: A Quiet Life.png (167KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
A Quiet Life.png
167KB, 400x300px
>>55435361
>mfw my group has been trying to finish Giantslayer for over 2 years
>its still not over
>>
>>55435353
Not really, Anitquarian doesn't strike me as any Pathfinder class I know of. They're just a chick that uses incense and has a knife and knows how to make bank. A tricked out expert who optimized for selling things and using alchemical items.
>>
>>55435361
>tfw been in a SS campaign for nearly the same amount of time
>due to hiatuses and pushbacks we're only 2/3rds of the way through
>I just want it to be over so I can start a new character, one who can actually be proactive and not be a useless heal/buffbot
>>
File: 1493149154613.jpg (59KB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1493149154613.jpg
59KB, 1920x1088px
>>55435361
>MFW Recently finished RotR after a little over year of it running with a group and now with the same group done 4 books of IG, 2 books of Reign of Winter, 1 book of Kingmaker and Ironfang Invasion starting in two weeks
>mfw I am just happy with this situation because it means I always have something to look towards to each week
>>
>>55435423
Ask your GM if you can change builds or classes! You deserve to be happy, Anon!
>>
File: 1456972943469.jpg (266KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1456972943469.jpg
266KB, 1280x960px
>>55435361
>tfw most of the games I've been in have died due to scheduling
>>
>>55435355
tldt appended at the end of https://nhentai.net/g/204176/
(the gallery merges three separate works, but you probably don't care about that)
>>
File: 1494018555366.png (82KB, 500x463px) Image search: [Google]
1494018555366.png
82KB, 500x463px
>>55435498
You'll be okay. Sorry to hear about that.
>>
Hmmm....

I kinda want to apply to the Duke's Coin, but I don't know what class to play, and don't really have any good ideas or pieces of art.

Truly, this is suffering.
>>
>>55435690
Gunslinger. Be pretty good.
>>
File: 1475891711120.jpg (247KB, 1141x834px) Image search: [Google]
1475891711120.jpg
247KB, 1141x834px
>>55435690
how weeb you want?
>>
>>55435690
Spellburst Savant!
>>
>>55435690
Summoner!
>>
>>55435718
Zero.

Less if possible.

>>55435723
OFUK

I forgot that class existed... I could even resurrect the gunwitch intelligence officer...
>>
>>55435690
Bard!
>>
File: 1475892509383.jpg (70KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475892509383.jpg
70KB, 533x800px
>>55435744
Say no more
>>
>>55435690
Make a caster that only ever uses http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/coin-shot and maybe buffs
Make sure to keep your first Duke Coin to shoot at the BBEG, making it the tool that ended the war
>>
File: money armor.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
money armor.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>55435798
is this you?
>>
File: 1475472150132.jpg (221KB, 762x998px) Image search: [Google]
1475472150132.jpg
221KB, 762x998px
>>55435786
>>
File: 1500955007428.jpg (116KB, 680x1159px) Image search: [Google]
1500955007428.jpg
116KB, 680x1159px
>>55435690
>>
>>55435690
How old?
>>
>>55435690
What gender?
>>
>>55435848
Sorry i'm not a weeb, i just like money as a consumable weapon
Also pretty funny that for 10gp you get to wreck havoc on constructs, doors and other such obstacles
>>
>>55435743
>Summoners
>Stand users
We've been over it several times on why this does not work.
>>
>>55435906
I'm just shitposting since we hit limit a while ago.
>>
Is it possible with all content allowed to actually make a character that relies heavily on Bleed damage?
>>
>>55435690
Magic, martial, or mix?
>>
File: 1482272691935.jpg (69KB, 564x755px) Image search: [Google]
1482272691935.jpg
69KB, 564x755px
>>55435798
>>55435848
GM here.

Don't give them any ideas. It's illegal to deface currency, don't you damn well know?
>>
>>55435958
But I'm sure it's not illegal to change the amount of precious metal in the coins when you mint them, damn nobles.
>>
>>55435922
Not really, since most combat doesn't last that long, and any form of magical healing, or just using alchemicals like bloodblock, can stop bleed in an instant
>>
>>55435958
Oh come on! Tell me with a straight face that if a player pulled that shit off during the climax you wouldn't be proud of them!
>>
>>55435901
Haven't decided; so I guess it's irrelevant.

>>55435942
Preferably a mix. Or at least someone with skills. I like being useful, but hate being a dedicated caster.
>>
File: darthload.jpg (699KB, 1675x874px) Image search: [Google]
darthload.jpg
699KB, 1675x874px
>>55436017
Do you accuse our nation's noble men of dishonesty and counterfeit!? Damn your impudence! I'll hear no more of it!

>>55436038
I would be proud of any man who puts a bit of metal through the Emperor! The Duke would be, too.
>>
>>55436061
>>
What games are recruiting besides duke's coin?
>>
>>55435848
More seasons when. KSnH campaign anon where?
>>
>>55436147
Starboozle, Iron Gods 2: Electric Bamboozloo, and something something Goddess.
>>
>>55436129
Well you nobles are throwing a fit and are sounding a lot like this emperor you guys hate so much. Why should I die for the squabbles of you nobles, huh? Plunging a nation into war is hell for our markets and business, but I guess pride is worth more than the people.
>>
>>55436178
Fuck, those all sound boring. Where's my meme circus?
>>
>>55436286
Not happening. People are tired of it. Nobody trusts the games to not boozle. If you want drama, you'll have to find it somewhere else.
>>
>>55436320
What would renew trust in games?
>>
File: IMG_3943.jpg (198KB, 854x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3943.jpg
198KB, 854x800px
>>55436286
Everyone who was willing to run good games is busy running them. The thing to watch for will be their players getting inspired by playing in a good game and starting up games of their own. The oldest memegames are all appeoaching half a year old now. I think within the next few months some of those meme players will pull the trigger on some cool new games.

Patience, Anon, and the cycle will begin anew.
>>
File: 1467921559393.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1467921559393.gif
2MB, 500x375px
>>55436365
A game that runs for a decent amount of time with good characters, and people coming back to enthusiastically talk about their experiences.
AKA some actually good games.
>>
>>55436391
Which celeb should run a memegame? What kind of memegame?
>>
>>55436365
Nothing.

They're games for a bad system, run by bad people, played by bad people.

The only people who ever apply are the attention-whore club of DTG's group, QANON and her friends, and whatever new memegroups exist. The only ones that get in are them.

There's a few in each that aren't trash, but lets be real here, every one of the people that regularly posts, is considered popular, or became a big name from /pfg/? It's cancer.
>>
>>55436433
Startoad should run an intrigue game.
>>
>>55436433
>wanting memegames
Fucking disgusting.
>>
>>55436442
What's DTG?
>>
>>55436391
>>55436422
I've got an idea for a game, though I have a feeling it will look like a bamboozle, look boring, or just feel lame. I'm not really experienced in Pathfinder, or GMing, so it'll probably never happen anyway.
>>
>>55436517
No matter what you pitch, people will shit on it.
>>
>>55436489
Downtime God, the guy from a long time ago. Adam and a few others were from his stuff.

Way back with that one game with the fighter who was immune to everything because they lied.
>>
>>55436391
>>55436422
I have a few campaign and one-shot concepts in mind, but my schedule needs to open up first.
>>
File: 1477258965829.gif (945KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1477258965829.gif
945KB, 500x500px
>>55436517
That is your prerogative, no one will tell you to run a game if you have no confidence in it because it will fail in that situation.
>>
>>55436553
How do you get confidence to run a game then?
>>
>>55436517
Do it, Anon. Embrace fate and run your game.
>>
>>55436566
Drink.
>>
>>55436538
Whoa, I kinda remember that guy. So he built a Cabal way back?
>>
>>55436442
>The only people who ever apply are the attention-whore club of DTG's group
It's been literal years since anyone has mentioned that shit. You're really scrapping at the bottom of the barrel since the Godling game never even had an app period. It was first come first serve.
>>
>>55436612
He had a game with like two groups and became popular, and since there were a bunch of trannies/traps/people with severe autism in his group, they banded together and basically shitposted the threads into the current age of ERP, trap-posting, shitposting minmax garbage.

>>55436649
Nobody said it had an app process? It's just that the people from that are the same people who were in the IRC and now the Discord, and they've been part of the heart of the cancer the entire time.
>>
>>55436538
Again, who? To quote a meme, LITERALLY WHO?
>>
>>55436365
If there were trusted and known GMs who would run games for the community and actually wanted to run a game and not just meme about lewds and shit. The only way I can see that happening is if Devs or trusted homebrewers came in to open up games.
>>
>>55436668
>and now the Discord
Aren't they actually the pathetic cabalcord instead?
>>
>>55436672
That english dude who wrote: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qO_xb3s3X_w18Pa2z2uf3fvmXYf9CJC8z2hi1TSbl3g/pub
>>
>>55436672
The man who taught us how to break downtime and kingdom building rules through the use of Gardens
>>
>>55436668
You're either intentionally stiring up shit or confusing two groups of people with some overlap. Godling game was never ERP. Like remotely.
>I never said it had an app process
>he only people who ever apply
Implies so. Also the only person from that group that consistently applied to games was Adam. That's pretty much the only overlap DTG group has with contemporary /pfg/ culture.
>>
>looking at all the Duke's Coin apps
>Interested in the "how will you win the war" question
>no one made a character with the same answer I had
>schedule is screwed, so I can't app myself
Would you guys care to hear how I would answer that question, so someone can shamelessly steal it for inspiration for a character?
>>
>>55436691
>>55436703
Oh that guy. I'm looking through the discord, and I'm seeing... two. Two people from his games in the /pfg/ Discord. Looking at the After Dark Discord, and there's ONE of them in there, who I assume is the same person as >>55436538 mentioned, same name at least.

So yeah, whoever is claiming that, you're full of shit. Empirical evidence shows that you are factually incorrect. Fuck off with your inaccurate witch-hunting, and come back with something more legitimate and less easily-refuted.
>>
>>55436566
Have confidence in your abilities, I have confidence when I run games, I just don't want to run one for pfg because 90% of the people that apply are shitters last time I checked.
>>
>>55436755
Sure, go for it.
>>
>>55436779
You should update your data. Now they're all shitters.
>>
>>55436668
Who are these people? Gimme some names so I can watch out for them and study up.
>>
>>55436755
How would you win the war?
>>
>>55436538
>Way back with that one game with the fighter who was immune to everything because they lied.
On no, we learned his secret.

He was using 3.5 era fleshcrafting rules.
>>
>>55436828
Wasn't everyone using 3.5 + PF tricks since it was allowed?
>>
>>55436838
Some people were some people weren't.
>>
File: Revolver Arm.jpg (166KB, 900x688px) Image search: [Google]
Revolver Arm.jpg
166KB, 900x688px
So my friend wants to start a game and at the moment myself and one other person will be playing. He wants to make a high fantasy world with magic trains and guns and shit right where we hop between worlds using the trains that go through portals.

Now I'm not sure about the other player but I figured this would be a great place to play a spellslinger and be a magic cowboy of sorts. What should I keep in mind when making a spellslinger wizard?
>>
File: .223pistol.png (744KB, 1550x950px) Image search: [Google]
.223pistol.png
744KB, 1550x950px
>>55436900
To not do it.
Use a Magus if you are using 1pp only.
>>
>>55436951
>>55436900
No do both

Spellslinger 1/Mymidarch X

Take spell-blending to get Named Bullet.

Enjoy your x4 spell critical disintigrate boosted named bullet..
>>
File: Vlad_Tepes_002.jpg (292KB, 1200x1453px) Image search: [Google]
Vlad_Tepes_002.jpg
292KB, 1200x1453px
>>55436784
>>55436755
>>55436813
Well you see, an army is more than just soldiers, guns, and steel. As any general knows, marching an army into enemy territory requires a long string of necessities and logistics: Supply lines to fuel the war effort, enough rations to stock the commissariat, doctors and medical supplies, to keep the men healthy and fit for battle, secure communications between regiments and the homeland, proper planning around the weather for optimal battle timing, knowledge of the terrain to better plan battles, and to make proper use of engineers, technicians, engineers, and quartermasters to weapons and supplies are in good shape, and millions of other important minutae that the average foot soldier and civillian takes for granted. While soldiers and strategies may win battles, a war can only be perpetuated if all these resources can be maintained and secured.

Thus, to win a war, one must take advantage and control the the means of waging war. Locate and raid supply lines to deprive the enemy of food and resources while empowering yours, infest or destroy the stores of rations and medical supplies to weaken thier bodies and morale. Use magic to fuck around with weather and topography to give you advantages and keep them on their toes. intercept communications to know your enemies movements, and occasionally sow misinformation and confuion amongst thier ranks, steal thier mail and deprive the soldiers of thier knowledge of the homefront and thus decrease morale, murder and rob thier quartermasters and mess with thier inventories and records. Salt and destroy resources that fall into enemy hands, use spies and counter spies to fool your foes.
>>
File: sun tzu.jpg (28KB, 412x465px) Image search: [Google]
sun tzu.jpg
28KB, 412x465px
>>55437046

All it is is the right amount of cuts in the right places, and the enemy armies will bleed out whilst you grow fat on their blood. Their war effort will lose momentum, thier soldiers will weaken and despair, and they shall become ripe for that moment when they are at thier weakest, that you may roll upon your foe like water from the mountain and crush them.

The Art of War is the art of Deception and Control. Decieve them, and rob them of the means of waging war, and they shall no longer be able to maintain the offensive. Thier soldiers will rebel against thier commanders, and they shall abandon thier conquest of you as a fruitless endeavor.

After that, its all a manner of teaching thier other vassals and foes to do th same. To turn thier gains into poison, which tey musteither die trying to eat, or abandon to save themselves.

The idea I had was maybe making a druid who specialized in weather manipulation, and swarm animals/vermin who would screw with thier logistics and basically go full Skitter against them. All as a means of proving to the Dukedom of the importance of the Old Ways, and to remind people to remain humble in spite of their advancements in industrialization and civilization.
>>
>>55434697
hell no, Cursed razor can output scary burst damage
>>
>>55434700
Really, I remember cursed razor maneuvers explicitly calling out melee in the description.
>>
Are Summon Monster spells ever worth it without either specializing or while being a 6th level caster?
>>
>>55437141
No,
>>
>>55437061
>weather manipulation
Good luck getting accepted with that.
>>
>>55437164
You don't need spheres to fuck with the weather. Just a decent Druid, Sorcerer, Shaman, Witch or Storm Kindler.
>>
>>55437061
>>55437046
I mean maybe no one was as specific as this, but this general sort of idea's already been hinted at. Hit their supply lines and supplies, grind any momentum to a halt, and do stuff that would probably get you called a terrorist.

I mean no ones applied as a druid yet to go full Skitter mode and rise of nature modo, so I guess it still checks out.

But the idea that the Empire, which is far larger mind you, wouldn't have access to their own Druids is pretty silly. They're more vested in old knightly orders and tradition. There's probably at least one house that maintains some ties...
>>
>>55437188
I wasn't talking about just spheres. BUT, given the GM's response on the high powered SoP advanced talents and the fact that normal casters get all that shit regularly as you are pointing out, I'm quite confident the GM will not appreciate you busting out all the vancian weather bullshit either.
>>
>>55437164
>>55437258
GM here. I'm letting you people be strong for a reason. If it won't cause the apocalypse or turn the war around by itself, you're good.

I even told you louts that you can't win through brute force. Something like summoning a storm to prevent air support is the exact kind of shenaniganry I hope for.
>>
>>55436900
The two questions you want to ask before you commit to a spellslinger for the world you describe are
1) Are you using Early Firearms or Advanced Firearms rules?
2) what size of gun (one hand or two hand) do you see your character using as their magic gun?

Early firearms only resolve their attack as a touch attack in the first ranged increment and have a max of 5 range increments. Early firearms also are more difficult to reload quickly. Advanced firearms by comparison, are much easier to reload, resolve against touch AC for the first 5 increments, with a max of 10.

It sounds like you have a sort of "wild west" magic fantasy sort of thing, with guns and trains, so ask your GM about the guns (advanced guns are things like revolvers and the like, as opposed to your early black powder).

Now, if you do end up with advanced firearms rules, then Spellslinger is not going to have much trouble fitting in with the party in a firefight. You can grab weapon focus, deadly aim, rapid reload, and be gunslinging with the rest of them, thanks to the easier to hit touch AC.

Important to keep in mind though, is that a spellslinger is a much more focused spellcaster - you have less leeway in what schools of magic you want to draw from (though don't forget you CAN prepare spells from different schools, just taking 2 slots instead of one if you do). Because you can add the gun's enhancement bonus to your spell DC, spellslinger makes for a pretty strong debuffer with spells like Bestow Curse (generally the necromancy do a lot of service for you). Reach metamagic is a potentially useful feat.
>>
>>55437321
>Something like summoning a storm to prevent air support is the exact kind of shenaniganry I hope for.
But that is basically the definition of brute force right there!
>>
>>55437119
seems you're right. Eflux is another option then for big dick ranged damage with side effects
>>
>>55437321
Is that so?
>>
>>55437397
No that would be blasting the ships out of the air with your powerful MAGIC.
>>
File: 32929349_p0.jpg (3MB, 2893x4092px) Image search: [Google]
32929349_p0.jpg
3MB, 2893x4092px
>>55437397
Brute force would be trying to board the thing or shoot it down! A storm prevents it from engaging! That's like a chokepoint for your air! An airchoke! TACTICS!

Make your enemy fight uphill through mud! Put the sun in their eyes! You'll probably need to.
>>
>>55437397
No, that's just tactical genius. I wish I had a CREEEEEEEEED picture to post here, so just imagine I did.
>>
File: 1416016052110.jpg (89KB, 540x800px) Image search: [Google]
1416016052110.jpg
89KB, 540x800px
Something about soldiers screaming in terror as their crate of food rations or medical supplies explodes out in a swarm of flies, moths, and cockroaches seems appealing to me. The sheer terror in knowing not only is shier ship going to be infested with vermin, but now they also no longer have any more supplies to eat or clean bandages to treat their wounds
>>
>>55437568
Yeah, too bad you have to be level 9 before you can cast Control Winds, and 13 for the big boy version.
>>
>>55437576
>knowing not only is shier ship going to be infested with vermin, but now they also no longer have any more supplies to eat
Does not compute.

You just gave them a smorgasbord!
>>
>>55437568
You're summoning an entire damn storm to stop air support despite the impact it will have on a wide area, causing huge amounts of collateral damage. How is that not brute force? There's no precision involved, no tactical nuance, just making everything a giant zone of fuck you and hoping that enough to stem the tide. That's like saying a nuke isn't brute force.
>>
>>55437568
Wait, is that supposed to be Ebola-chan?

>>55437623
most soldiers prefer not to eat flies and maggots.
Also, having a controlled infestation of bugs on board also means that secrecy is completely shot, and nearly all important missives are going to be eaten by moths, and soldiersare going to wake up every morning covered in bugbites and open wounds, which sadly can't be treated since maggots and moths have sullied all the medical supplies.
>>
>>55437639
>never heard of tactical nukes
>>
>>55437617
Just an example. Thinking tactically is going to get you further in most situations.

>>55437639
Compared to the collateral damage of explosive shell artillery? Men can still march under a storm, and houses can still stand. Collateral damage occurs in a great many possible strategies, anon.
>>
>>55437683
>most soldiers prefer not to eat flies and maggots.
Sounds like you're using the wrong soldiers.
>>
inb4 duke's coin greentexts reveal that the duke was the bad guy all along
>>
>>55437732
I think you're significantly underestimating the strength and power of storms (let alone magically created ones), when damn tornadoes and hurricanes can be created in places they should never be so nothing is built to withstand them.

>>55437694
>tactical nukes
>ever used to show that they are "tactical"
>implying I wasn't talking about shit like what we dropped in WW2
Don't you have a containment board to be in?
>>
>>55437740
Inb4 Duke's Coin log leaks reveal rampant tactical ERP
>>
>>55437807
Are you requesting I make a tactical retreat?
>>
Where are the greentexts from intrigue!
>>
>>55437869
In the trash where they belong.
>>
>>55437831
Yes, into your tactical butthole. My tactical dick will join you in a bit.
>>
New thread

>>55437966
>>55437966
>>55437966
>>55437966
>>55437966
>>
>>55436746
The people from the Godling bullshit apply to different games, anon, and ERP elsewhere.
>>
>>55437951
T A C T I C A L
>>
>>55437992
They don't unless you have some kind of proof.
Thread posts: 423
Thread images: 110

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.