[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /tg/ I've agreed to DM a campaign for my friend and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1496743081548.jpg (44KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496743081548.jpg
44KB, 600x600px
Hey, /tg/

I've agreed to DM a campaign for my friend and a couple of his friends tomorrow.

This is very short notice.

He requires visual aid, so I'm going to hook up my laptop to his television with an HDMI cable, and use Roll20 for tokens and maps.

I've never had to prepare a campaign in such a short timespan. Would you be willing to help me? I told them to start out at level 3, and we're playing D&D 3.5.

What sort of enemies should I put them up against? What sort of environment should I do? I'm thinking of going with Forgotten Realms - what's a good starting area?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>55423885
take a lesson from apoc world / dungeon world, just ask your players questions about their character's origins and contacts and experiences, use their answers to craft the game events, let them tell you what the setting and story is.
>>
>>55423885
ok, here's what i'd do
>set them in the city of Neverwinter
>make them work for the Waterdeep trading guild and they're in charge of a caravan of goods going back to Waterdeep
>they are in charge of Caravan security, they have other guards NPCs with them they are in charge of on top of the traders and caravaneers along for the ride.
>what the players don't know is that they're carrying a Dragon egg, and the mama dragon has sent some underlings of hers to try to recuperate it before it hatches.
>Green Dragon from the Neverwinter Forest.
>She will send in, at first, a group of Kobolds of hers to set up a few traps and ambush them on the road near Neverwinter.
>Second encounter is human mercenaries with maybe a handful of magic items (so the players can recuperate them at the end of combat if they win)
>Third encounter is at night, where the dragon hired assassins to steal the Dragon egg back and eliminate all witnesses, making it look like standard raiders
>Fourth encounter has her waiting for them near Waterdeep and going for them in a full frontal assault against them. dragon would be an Adult.
>>
>>55424321
That's a CR 13 for the Adult Green Dragon.

They would have to roll an 18 on caster level checks to bypass it's spell resistance, and it would be impossible to hit, since it has an AC of 27. That, and it has 230~ HP. They might be able to do a grand total of 10 damage to it before a TPK, if they get incredibly lucky.

I like it, though. I'll use it as a framework.
>>
>>55424394
ok, maybe not an adult dragon, maybe she sends in one of her sons/daughter to try to take it back, but otherwise the rest of what i said is feasible, right?
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.