[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck are you suposed to prototype a board-game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

I've been making homebrew tabletop RPGs as a hobby for a very long time and I now I'd like to try to make some homebrew tabletop GAMES.

The problem is that games require pieces like tokens, paws etc all sorts of plastic craps while you jsut need paper and imagination with an RPG.

Second problem being that I'm a poor fag that lives in the middle of nowhere, I always have a hard time getting shit (Hell even getting polyhedral dices is a pain where I live), getting the hardware to make a tabletop game would be difficult especially since my idea isn't an abstract game (basically I want to make tabletop doorkickers).

So how do you prototype a game?
>>
>>55423687
With poster board
>>
File: 1473010459250.jpg (88KB, 399x486px) Image search: [Google]
1473010459250.jpg
88KB, 399x486px
>you jsut need paper and imagination

You can worry about the plastic bits later, just make paper/cardboard ones first. You're probably going to be spending a lot of time in the development phase, so making cheap paper versions is probably the way to go.

In fact, there's a lot of games I've played recently that came with plastic little trophies or pieces that I genuinely thought would have been better as just pogs or cards.

After you've got a working prototype, that's when you might want to think about getting a 3D printer. Some are relatively inexpensive, but if you're a poorfag just doing it as part of a hobby, you might want to try scultping and making molds and then making resin casts. There's a lot of tutorials for things like making casts of models that might be helpful.
>>
>proprietary dice
You're already doomed.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.