[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

List building/ advice thread 40k

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 44

File: IMG_1377.jpg (28KB, 284x178px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1377.jpg
28KB, 284x178px
This is a thread for posting lists and ideas for lists so that other people can ask for advice, please keep unimportant or repetitive shit to a minimum so that your list is easier to read

>example
HQ
>2x company commanders, las pistol, power sword
Troops
>3x units of 5 scions, 2 plasma guns, one plasma pistol
Or something similar
>>
File: My Bugs need help.png (35KB, 691x1143px) Image search: [Google]
My Bugs need help.png
35KB, 691x1143px
I just got this list that I kludged together in BS. I'm kinda holding off on buying models until November
>>
I'll get my list posted to help things gather steam
>>
>>55387476
Isn't it worth it to swap one of those tyrants out for the swarmlord for double move shinanigans?
>>
File: im gay.png (98KB, 676x2320px) Image search: [Google]
im gay.png
98KB, 676x2320px
meme drops storm troopers
>>
>>55387541
As soon as I find another Hive Tyrant box. My current walkrant is one of those old metal fellas.
>>
>>55387517
Chill 1700 pt alpha legion list that I'm building up to, not super strong but pretty fluffy other than the DP which I'll be trying to convert to be more alpha legion
HQ
>slaanesh daemon prince, talon, elixir, warp time
>2X termie sorcerers, one with prescience and death hex, another with diabolical strength and warp time
Troops
2X 30 man cultist units with one heavy stubber
2x 5 man CSM squads with a lascanon
Elites
>1 squad of chosen all with double lightning claws
>2x units of termies, one with double lightning claws and icon of wrath and another with all combiplas and swords
Heavy support
>1 unit of havocs with 4 lascanons
Wanted a very alpha legion list with ranged ambushes, elite terminator strikes, and hoards of cultists, think I did pretty good, any advice on what to add next payday as I head towards 2000?
>>
>>55387772
Zerkers
>>
>>55387634
What the hell is yarrik doing there for?
Also you have to start half your army on the table, so I'd replace half of that with some long range firepower like basilisks or manticores to anchor down your army
>>
>>55387788
I said I wanted to be fluffy, daemon prince is already bad enough and I'm only doing it because I'm converting girlyman into alpharius
>>
>>55387817
It's fluffy for the Alpha Legion to use a group of Berzerkers to further their goals.
>>
>>55387800
Yarrick is there to sit with the half of the army that needs to deploy to provide the re roll without the need to use that order on them, with the remaining orders freed up you have a lot of flexibility to advance and fire or FRFSRF re roll wound rolls of 1 etc etc...
>>
>>55387847
But they wouldn't have their legion trait so I'd have to take a second detachment
Alpha legion doesn't worship a chaos god other than that faggot in DoW
>>
>>55387942
Just fluff it as the Zerkers having worked with the AL so long they've picked up on some of their tactics? Be creative & use your imagination. Also there is nothing in the new fluff that prevents them from being marked by a god.
>>
>>55387999
zerkers tactics are kill maim burn...
>>
>>55387999
Tzneetch please
>>
HQ
Pedro Kantor 170
Librarian w/ Jump Pack, C-Plas, Force Axe *Armor Indomitus 147

Troops
2x 5 Sniper Scouts w/ Camo, C-Plasma 210
2x 6 Tacticals w/ Lascannon, Combi-Plasma, Power Axe 246

1x 6 Tacticals w/ Lascannon, Combi-Plasma, Chainsword 105

Elites
10 Terminators w/ 2xAC, Teleport Homer 430

Company Ancient w/ C-Plasma *Relic Banner 78
Company Veterans w/ C-Plasma 62

Heavy Support
5 Devastators w/ Cherub, C-Plasma, 3xGC, 1xLC 194

Transports
1 Droppod w/ Deathwind 98
2x LSS w/ HB 170

Auxiliary Detachment
Vindicare 90

Command Points: 5
# Units: 15 (16, if Termies combat squad)
# Units(Reserve): 7 (8), meaning one deep strike unit has to deploy normally
Minimum deployment drops: 9

Tacticals give long range support and can optionally advance midfield, Scouts either screen, hunt enemy character models with Vindicare or fly forwards to support the deepstriking hammer that is bound to come down hard.
>>
>>55388014
On the battlefield, yeah. They aren't MKB 24/7.
>>
I'm a go ahead and bump this thread.
>>
>>55388088
AL has no affiliation.
>>
>>55390867
As a legion true but on an individual, squad or even warband basis it's not unfathomable that some AL have dedicated themselves to the gods over the last 10k years. I mean all the gods have something that would appeal to the AL
>>
File: 5.png (66KB, 676x926px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
66KB, 676x926px
I play Grey Knights and I am always looking for spicy new tech and I think I found it.

It is called: PLOP YOUR FINANCIAL DICK ON THE TABLE.

I would appreciate some feedback.
>>
>>55390953
>>55387999
To be honest I have thought about zerkers, since you can infiltrate them and they really do just blend everything in melee
Only problem would be due to my autism I'd need to completely kitbash them so that they have a more alpha legion aesthetic which would probably cost a lot to get all the axes and stuff
It really helps because this being such an elite army means I'm gonna be going first almost every time if I don't get seized on
>>
>>55391209
I'm sure you know that's A LOT of points invested in one bird in an already elite army, I'd honestly recommended waiting for at least 2500 to bring it but if you're committed then don't forget that if it's the only thing on the board you count as being tabled
>>
File: listthread.jpg (72KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
listthread.jpg
72KB, 640x480px
A.. A list thread?
It's been so long
>>
>>55391411
People were posting lists in the /40kg/ more than usually and like usual they were getting no responses, so I decided to try and make a thread for people to post lists, I wonder if I should have put /40kg/ in the title so people could more easily find it...
>>
>>55391338
>don't forget that if it's the only thing on the board you count as being tabled
Nope
>When determining if a player has any
units on the battlefield, do not include any units withthe Flyer Battlefield Role

Unless I am mistaken this wouldn't apply since a Thunderhawk uses the Lord of War battlefield role and not the flyer one.
>>
File: 1503531458231.jpg (243KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1503531458231.jpg
243KB, 1920x1080px
I really like a few really big tough units that act as juggernauts and I really like Crusaders, so how does this look for 1500 points?

>Chapter Tactics: Black Templars
HQ:
>Captain w/ Terminator Armor, Storm Shield (Shield Eternal) and Thunder Hammer
>Emperor's Champion

Troops:
>Crusader Squad w/Power Maul, Chainsword and BP
>Crusader Squad w/Power Axe, Chainsword and BP
>Crusader Squad w/Power Fist, Chainsword and BP

Elite:
>Ironclad Dreadnaught w/ Chainfist, DCCW with Heavy Flamer, Meltagun, Grenade Launchers
>Terminator Squad

Heavy Support
>Centurion Devastator Squad w/ Missile Launchers and Lascannons

Dedicated Support
>Razorback w/ Heavy Bolter
>>
File: listthread2.jpg (85KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
listthread2.jpg
85KB, 640x480px
>>55391485
It's fine, hopefully list threads become a thing again. 40k gen was completely dead when list threads were a thing which is good. We'd have avoided alot of /pol/ raids had list threads continued.
>>
>>55387634
Whats the idea here, since you can only drop like half your army?
>>
>>55391550
So you still have the op links or whatever they used? I'd be find running it for a week to see if I can get them to take off
>>
>>55391744
There were never any list building thread copypastes. I'll make a new OP though.
>>
Chaos here.

I'm looking at images of Primaris Marines- haven't bothered to see them in person yet. For true scale conversion purposes, how well would they match up across the older ranges?
I hear their arms and legs show the most change, and that's where most true scale modification lies anyways.
>>
Taking this into a tournament on Sunday how grass is my ass going to be with it?

Space Wolves 1999/2000 Vanguard/SpearHead Detachments

Vanguard - 762pts
HQ - 257pts
Bjorn the Fellhanded: Plasma Cannon, trueclaw w/ heavy flamer

Elite - 505pts
Dreadnought: Assault Cannon, Great wolf claw w/ storm bolter
Relic Deredeo Dreadnought: Autocannons, Aiolos, Twin HB
Lone Wolf in Terminator Armor: Storm shield/Thunder Hammer

Spearhead - 1237pts
HQ - 95pts
Iron Priest: Thunder hammer

Troops - 243pts
x14 Bloodclaws: power axe, + wolf guard pack leader in terminator armour w/ TH/SS

Heavy Support - 899pts
Long Fangs: x2 las, x2 missile, plasma gun, terminator pack leader w/ stormbolter/shield/cyclone
Land Raider Crusader: Multi-melta
Relic Leviathan Dreadnought: Grav Bombard, Storm Cannon Array
>>
>>55387355
Looking to build a list around a Lord of Skulls. So far I have a Jump Pack Sorcerer as a buff-bot, Havocs for ranged cover, Berzekers because duh, and Cultists for bubble wrap against deep strike. What else should I put in? Expected value is 2000 points.
>>
>>55391209
What is the point of big-dick transport plane if you can't afford to put anyone in the plane without losing the game instantly?

IMO you should get a spartan and put your entire army in it.
>>
>>55391524
I don't really get the purpose of the razorbacks - are the crusader units small enough to fit inside them?
>>
>>55392551
Looks pretty good to me, B. More armor than most people will be able to reasonably deal with.
>>
Should I bother with Chimera for my Veterans or just just drop in Scions?
>>
>>55392791
It was purely formatted but yes, just 5 man squads
>>
File: 20170914_195429.jpg (29KB, 355x474px) Image search: [Google]
20170914_195429.jpg
29KB, 355x474px
I got some pretty newfag questions, so bear with me. My FLGS was selling some extra models and despite and picked up these two dudes along with what I believe are seven plague marines. I've never really considered playing 40k, but between these any some 30-40ish vanilla marines I bought from another guy years ago I'm wondering if I'm close to having enough dudes to running a (probably shitty) Nurgle force. I have some extra acetone so I was thinking about brushing/dipping some of the marines to make them more Nurgley.

So what I'm wondering
>what are these two guys called
>what would be some extra models that might compliment this hodgepodge of minis
>>
>>55392827
Scions really are just better this edition, which is sad
>>
>>55392951

Yeah, that's more than enough. That's actually a pretty big force, although it's all infantry.
>>
File: xenos-weaklings1.png (321KB, 760x507px) Image search: [Google]
xenos-weaklings1.png
321KB, 760x507px
Any tips or advice? I'm also thinking about dropping a one unit of crisis suits for a 4th strike team and a Broadside

Battalion Detachment +3CP (T'au Empire) [999/1000]

HQ
Cadre Fireblade: Markerlight, MV1 Gun Drone
Ethereal: Honour blade, Hover Drone

Troops
3x Strike Team: MV1 Gun Drone
- Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse pistol, Pulse rifle
- 4x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Elites
2x XV8 Crisis Battlesuits: 6x MV1 Gun Drone
- Crisis Shas'ui: 3x Plasma rifle
- Crisis Shas'ui: 3x Plasma rifle
- Crisis Shas'vre: Drone controller, 2x Plasma rifle

Fast Attack

2x Pathfinder Team: MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone
- 4x Pathfinder: 4x Markerlight
- Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse pistol

Dedicated Transport
TY7 Devilfish: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Burst cannon
>>
>>55392951

Death Guard Malignant Plaguecaster and Death Guard Lord of Contagion from the Dark Imperium box set.

Go on eBay and buy some more Dark Imperium Death Guard shit, it's cheap as dirt and you could use some of the things like the floating drones.
>>
>>55393009
Good to know. I might be high balling the numbers a bit since most of them are unassembled. There's about 10-20ish put together ones, 3 what I believe are Rogue Trader era ones that I won't be fucking with, and a shitload of bits that could probably be assembled into another 10-20.

>>55393030
I'll definitely check that out. I'm assuming the Plaguecaster and LoC probably aren't going to be useful if I double up, but I'm glad it'll be cheap at least.
>>
File: Drukhari - 1000pts.jpg (522KB, 1800x1705px) Image search: [Google]
Drukhari - 1000pts.jpg
522KB, 1800x1705px
I've currently got a DE Start Collecting, and a box of wyches. I'm planning on getting a Lelith Hesperax after I finish painting the SC.
What's my best next purchase? I was thinking another SC, Gangs of Commoragh or a box of scourges.

This is a list I drew up for a second SC, before the picture builder list died. Thoughts?
>>
File: 16bit_tau_by_steeljoe-d8bhk4l.gif (3MB, 684x340px) Image search: [Google]
16bit_tau_by_steeljoe-d8bhk4l.gif
3MB, 684x340px
T'au Empire, 1992/2000, Battalion detachment

HQ

Fireblade

Ethereal

Elites

2x3 Stealth Suits, Shas'ui, Fusion Blaster, Multi-trackers

Ghostkeel, Multitracker, Fusion Blasters, Fusion Collider, Target Lock

Troops

2x20 Kroot Carnivores

3x10 Strike Team Fire Warriors, Shield Drone, Shas'ui

Fast Attack

2x5 Pathfinders, Shas'ui, Recon Drone

1x10 Vespids, Strain Leader

Heavy Support

2 Hammerheads, Railgun

Transports

3 Devilfish
>>
>>55391522
not only that, it only counts as being tabled if you have no non-flyer models on the table after the first battle round, not just at the start of the game.
>>
>>55393103
alright, so let's go over this:

>cut the kabalites to 5 man squads, give them each a blaster
>warriors can only take SCs in squads of 10+
>run the reavers as one squad of 6, give them 2 blasters and 2 grav-talons/caltrops(depending on what you're playing against)
>get some scourges, a ravager, and some Venoms to put your kabalites in
>max out your special weapons on the trueborn squad(you can take 4 blasters in a squad of 5)
>swap out some of those kabalite squads for trueborn
>see if you can fit another succubus, and run a vanguard detachment on top of your battalion
>>
Sup, /tg/, bit of an odd one here. I'm planning to start Genestealer Cults soon, but I've got specific fluff in mind. I'd like to know what best to take to match my fluff while still staying playable, if not competitive.

Basically, an Ordo Xenos inquisitor had been poking around with tyranids, and got his whole group of stormtroopers infected. Moron tried to figure out how Genestealers worked, and by god, he found out. When he landed on a certain planet to meet with one of his contacts, his own stromtroopers shot him in the back and rejoined the civilians, acting as war leaders to guide the Genestealer Cult on the planet to victory.

I'm looking for a lot of civilian elements, very light on the 'heavy' stuff - even with Inquisitorial training, random farmer mcgee isn't going to be able to /find/ a tank, let alone use one. I know the PDF exists and could've been subverted and all, but that's sort of not what I'm looking for?

Obviously, there's still a patriarch, and he's still got his own genestealer brood, so they're in. I'm thinking Sentinels for the Genestealer Cult half, as well as a decent amount of Neophyte Acolytes and Primuses. The allied Guard would be Militarum Tempestus, with Taurox Primes to hang out in - the troops, anyway. There would be two Tempestor Primes and two command squads with special weapons to handle big stuff.

What else could I add?
>>
File: admech.png (42KB, 676x961px) Image search: [Google]
admech.png
42KB, 676x961px
>>
>>55393071
>I'm assuming the Plaguecaster and LoC probably aren't going to be useful if I double up

plaguecaster is a decent psyker
>>
File: 1000pts Thousand Sons List.png (28KB, 1019x501px) Image search: [Google]
1000pts Thousand Sons List.png
28KB, 1019x501px
How is the Burning Chariot in my Thousand Sons list? Is there another low cost anti-tank unit that'd be better?
>>
Would a Khorne Lord of Skulls in a 1k points game be a dick move? What would be a good setup if you want the LOS as centerpiece of your 1k army?
>>
>>55398154
Depends entirely on what you play against, 1000 points of primaris marines is different than 1000 points of guardsmen or boyz.
>>
How to make possessed worth it?

Planning on a Word Bearers army (using the renegade trait cause the WB one is utter shit) and I want to use some fluff appropiate units.

9 possessed + exalted champion in a rhino?
Or better 8 with apostle + champion?
20 on foot?

Heavy support could be a forgefiend, havocs or a defiler, don't know how much anti tank I need for a general purpose list. Also have several demon princes, bikes, termis.
>>
>>55398165
Propably a mix of Grey Knights and Primaris.
>>
this thread is a bit short on feedback
>>
>>55398191
Get a sorcerer with warptime if you want to field a melee unit of 20. Otherwise I would always take a rhino for better movement. I've never used an apostle, so I'm not sure about him.
>>
Hi guys, not played in a while and have only had a couple of intro games in 8th but keen to get back into the hobby. Posted this in the general yesterday and got some good advice would be nice to get some more before I start spending cash.
Plan is to start with this, then add another 500pts for inquisitor plus retinue and then 850pts blocks each of Deathwatch and Soroitas so that I can have a force for each branch of the Inquisition

+++ Ordo Malleus Strike Team [78 PL, 1498pts] +++

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) ++

Grey Knight Chaplain: 4: First to the Fray, Purge Soul, Storm bolter, Warlord

Apothecary: Nemesis Force Sword, Sanctuary
Paladin Ancient: Storm Bolter and Falchion, Vortex of Doom (advised to take gate rather than vortex)
Paladin Squad: Hammerhand
. 2x Paladin w/ Daemon Hammer (advised to take halberds instead)
. Paragon w/ Daemon Hammer

Stormraven Gunship: 2x Stormstrike Missile Launcher, Twin Assault Cannon, Twin Heavy Bolter, Two Hurricane Bolters

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) ++

+ HQ +

2x Tempestor Prime: Bolt Pistol, Chainsword

2x Militarum Tempestus Scions
. Scion: 2x Hot-shot Lasgun 2x Meltagun, Tempestor: Chainsword, Hot-shot Laspistol

2x Militarum Tempestus Scions
. Scion: 2x Hot-shot Lasgun 2x Hot-shot Volley Gun, Tempestor: Chainsword, Hot-shot Laspistol

2x Militarum Tempestus Command Squad
. Tempestus Scion: 2x Plasma gun, medi pack, 2x Hot-shot Lasgun

. Vulture Gunship: Heavy bolter, Twin Punisher Gatling Cannons (apparently this is a bit cheesy)
>>
File: pincers - Kopie.jpg (780KB, 2406x1285px) Image search: [Google]
pincers - Kopie.jpg
780KB, 2406x1285px
B I K E S
I
K
E
S

Rate my MANTIS WARRIOR BIKES

Battalion Detatchement:

HQ:
Librarian on Bike with Force Stave

Librarian on Bike with Force Stave

Troops:
5 Tactical Marines with Plasmagun and Power Sword (Dedicated Transport: Razorback with Lascannons)

5 Tactical Marines with Plasmagun and Combiplasma (Dedicated Transport: Razorback with Lascannons)

5 Tactical Marines with Plasmagun and Combiplasma (Dedicated Transport: Razorback with Lascannons)

Outrider Detatchement:

HQ:
Captain on Bike with Stormshield and Teeth of Terra Relic

Fast Attack:
4 Bikes with 2 Plasmaguns

Vanguard Detetchement:

HQ:
Techmarine with Servoarm, Bolter and Chainsword on Bike

Elite:
5 Company Veterans with Stormshields and Power Axes on Bikes

Ironclad Dreadnought with Chainfist, Dreadnought Fist and Meltagun

Ironclad Dreadnought with Chainfist, Dreadnought Fist and Meltagun
>>
File: Mantis Warriors.png (207KB, 2590x1481px) Image search: [Google]
Mantis Warriors.png
207KB, 2590x1481px
>>55399107
Also, here's a visual layout if anyone prefers it like this.
B I K E S
I
K
E
S
>>
>>55393351
>Kroot and Vespid
Me gusta. How do you plan to use them?
>Devilfish
You only really need those for breachers, grab another sturdier source of markerlights, because those pathfinders are going to be dead by the end of the second turn.
>>
>>55392551
I think you're going to have problems with infantry blob armies (shit ton of orks / brimstone horrors / conscripts hiding artillery) and since you have such an elite force - smite spam will hurt too.
>>
>>55397500
They're fine in groups, but a single one will break pretty fast.

Also I can't seem to find your sorcerors costed into the list. I think they just count as a 10th rubric.
>>
>>55394975
If you want an army of brainwashed "Farmer McGee"s - you could run a conscript blob or two in the IG detachment
>>
>>55399191
Kroot are basically gonna be bubblewrap for other stuff. Probably the fire warriors/fireblade/ethereal.

Vespids are gonna be hunting support units or grabbing objectives.

What should I get for markerlights? Drones?
>>
File: IMG_8376.png (92KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8376.png
92KB, 640x1136px
Lads BattleScribe crashes every time I click add forces (the plus symbol on this screenshot) any advice?
>>
>>55399340
Ok ignore that I just had to update BattleScribe. But now when I click to add troops elites etc (anything) I get a blank screen, pic related.
>>
File: IMG_8377.png (22KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8377.png
22KB, 640x1136px
>>55399434
>>
Does anyone have any experience with Necrons?

Just starting them now and I've got a very basic list done for 1000 points and looking for improvements.

Necrons:
Battalion Detachment

HQ:
Overlord with Resurrection Orb
Overlord with Resurrection Orb

Troops:
15x Warriors
14x Warriors
10x Immortals with Tesla Carbines

Heavy Support:
1x Triarch Stalker with Twin Heavy Gauss Cannon

=

The only thing that's limiting me at the moment is models built. Ontop of what I've got listed, I have built and painted 1 Doom Scythe, 5 Praetorians with Voidblade/Pistol, 3x Wraiths with Pistols and a bunch of scarabs.

I have also yet to build a Catacomb Command/Annihilation Barge, Ghost/Doomsday Ark, 3 Destroyers, an Immortals box (5) (Will probably be Deathmarks), a Praetorians (5) box and a Warriors (10) box. I also have another HQ, Orikan the Diviner ordered in and he will be subbing in for one of the Overlords.

I'm definitely upping both squads of Warriors to 20 once I have them built, and am thinking about changing the Gauss in the Triarch Stalker to the Melta because I'm never getting good rolls with the Guass.

Any other recommendations?
>>
>>55399462
*Heat Ray on the Stalker, not Melta.
>>
>>55398191
Still could need some advice for long range firepower / heavy support. Most of my list should be in the opponents face asap (possessed / night lord detachment with warp talons and raptors along with sorc + lord) but I guess I need something to guard my backfield and be able to shoot stuff. Have a sicaran tank too but I think he is too expensive in 8th?

>>55398609
Thanks. I'll probably go with 2 units in rhinos then to protect them from round 1 fire.
>>
File: 1482689631426.jpg (97KB, 506x797px) Image search: [Google]
1482689631426.jpg
97KB, 506x797px
How would you make a 500 point, Guard centric list from these models? Besides more guardsmen what should I buy next?

1 Lord Commissar
1 Commissar
1 Priest
1 Master of Ordance
1 Company Commander
1 Platoon Commander with power fist
1 Sniper Guardsman
1 Plasma gun Guardsman
1 Medi-pack Guardsman
1 Leman Russ
1 Chimera
1 Sergeant with powersword, plasma pistol
2 Sergeants with chainswords, laspistols
2 Banners
2 Meltagun Guardsmen
2 Grenade Launcher Guardsmen
3 Guardsmen with Voxcaster
5 Scions, 1 flamer, sergeant with powersword, plasma pistol
15 Guardsmen
Dark Vengeance
>>
made a new OP for whoever makes the next thread
>>55399520
>>
>>55399526

Get a Manticore. It packs a wallop and can tackle Land Raiders and Russes easily.
>>
>>55399462
More crypteks.
Like, a lot more. If the blobs will be together it's ok, but if they are going out on their own they need a cryptek.
Also... Like zero anti tank. You need a lot more anti tank. Gauss doesn't cut it anymore
>>
File: IMG_8378.png (95KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8378.png
95KB, 640x1136px
How fucked would i be if I use this list? I feel like I'll die to hordes easily. Just thought the idea of a full wraith host was cool.
>>
>>55399215
Are they worth a goddamn without commissar support? I'm already planning to drop in Sabre searchlights, so accuracy will at least go up to normal Guard levels.
>>
>>55399565
>>55399462
Resonating what was said prior;
Take warrior blocks in numbers of 20. They aren't unstoppable even with res, dedicated shooting or CQC units will murder them in one salvo without the ability to get res off. While I agree cryptek are pretty good I think the only HQ worth taking right now is Orikann, he resurrects well and has the chance to become a demi-nightbringer. Speaking of Nightbringer, he's good. Pretty damned good. When it comes to CQC units necrons only really have wraiths, Nightbringer and Deceiver sadly. Wraiths are among the best unit in your arsenal which is sadly gimped at the moment. Your anti tank should come by form of annihilation barges, immortals are plain bad.
A list composed of Orikann, 2x20 warriors, 2x ghost arks, 3x3 wraiths, Nightbringer and annihilation barges provides you a well rounded list with points to spare for some scarab swarms to screen.
>>
>>55399630
>aeldari
>not yannari
>>
>>55399123
fug, I just realized its actually only 21 bikes
>>
File: yiff.png (150KB, 676x2720px) Image search: [Google]
yiff.png
150KB, 676x2720px
Just yiff my shit up senpai.

Blobby push their shit in wolves, Blood Claws charging around Lukas, Bjorn, and the Yiff Pack are 4 attacks each, hitting on 2+,re rolling 1 with a pack leader swinging 4 power fist attacks.

Ork levels of dice.
>>
>>55394975
Minimum tanks, maximum scrubs with claws: lots of Acolyte Hybrids. They could still have the mining equipment, since that's pretty "civvie" junk anyway. Aberrants can shore up your heavy-hitting anti-armor.

Run power loader sentinels in the IG detachment because they're an industrial tool anyway. Also run Goliath trucks.

Maybe have just one patchwork tank that was built from farm parts (the original LR chassis was farming equipment) & slowly stolen PDF parts, but have it bear tons of iconography & fetishes because it's sort of the cult's Big Gun in every sense.
>>
>>55387476
But, but, muh conscriiiiiiiiipts!!!!!
>>
>>55392761
I don't lost the game, a Thunderhawk is a Lord of War in terms of battlefield roles, not a Flyer.
>>
How's my AL list?

-Total: 1997pts, 9cp

CSM - Alpha Legion

-Battalion Detachment [227pts]

HQ:

Lord Arkos [124pts]

Lord w/ Jump Pack [107pts]: Mark of Khorne, 2x Plasma pistol

Troops:

Cultists [40pts]: 9x Cultist w/ Autogun, Mark of Khorne
. Champion: Autogun

-Spearhead Detachment [268pts]

HQ:

Sorcerer w/ Jump Pack [133pts]: Force sword, Plasma pistol

Heavy Support:

Havocs [135pts]: Mark of Khorne
. Aspiring Champion: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
. 2x Havoc w/ Heavy bolter
. 2x Havoc w/ Lascannon

Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnought [356pts]: Grav-flux bombard, 2x Hellflamer, Hellforged siege drill w/ Meltagun

Hellforged Rapier Battery [106pts]
. 2x Chaos Space Marine Crew, Laser destroyer

-Vanguard Detachment [687pts]

HQ:

Exalted Champion [81pts]: Mark of Khorne, Plasma pistol, The Murder Sword

Elites:

Terminators [253pts]: Mark of Khorne
. Champion: Combi-plasma, Power fist
. 2x Terminator w/ Combi-plasma, Power axe
. Terminator: Combi-plasma, Power sword
. Terminator: 2x Lightning Claw

Chosen [176pts]: Mark of Khorne
. Chosen Champion w/ Combi-plasma
. 5x Chosen w/ Plasma gun

Khorne Berzerkers [177pts]
. Berzerker Champion w/ Chainaxe, Plasma pistol
. 9x Chainsword + Chainaxe

Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought [229pts]
. Hellforged chainclaw w/ Soulburner, Butcher cannon
>>
>>55401436
I know its mechanically sound but seeing all these marks of Khorne on an AL list always brings out the REEEE in me.
>>
What do you guys think about this list?

+++ battalion detachment +++
1150 pts

+++ hq +++

Typhus
Malignant plaguecaster

+++ troops +++
15 poxwalkers
15 poxwalkers
7 plague marines, plasma gun x2
7 plague marines, plasma gun x2

+++ Elites +++
Helbrute, twin lascannon, fist, heavy flamer
Helbrute, twin lascannon, fist, heavy flamer

Total 1150 points
>>
>>55401909
I was thinking about their fluff from HH and thought "What if a warband took the whole 'decapitation strike' thing a bit too literally.

I was going to give them lots of skull trophies when I model them.
>>
>>55401974
BLOOD FOR THE EMPEROR
SKULLS FOR THE GOLDEN THRONE
>>
>>55399630

Lol seeking advice for No Retreat?
>>
How much support is too much? I am putting together a deathwing list based around a squad of knights+supports in a crusader so it ends up with something like this as a back bone

5 DW knights
Ezekiel (2 casts/denys, mind worm + aversion)
Asmodai (+1 attack, reroll failed hits in cqc, -1 enemy leadership)
DW apothecary (heals/revives)
DW Ancient (+1 attack)
Crusader (transport, overwatch tank, ranged attacks)

Its a very expensive list and I'm not even entirely sure it works out but I would really like to find a way to make it or something similar work
>>
>>55391209
Seems pretty easy to murder 13 infantry, then camp objectives until the game ends. Even with the Thunderhawk flying around, I think you're looking to draw at best.

>>55391524
A single squad of ranged anti-armor at 1500 points seems a little rough. Up against, say, Tau, your Razorbacks will get popped and leave your Crusaders to footslog into combat while the other guy's transports will take his guys wherever they need to be. A slightly shootier Dread might be the way to go.
>>
>>55401947
Looks good to me, but I don't have much experience with the new DG
>>
Trying to do something slightly more interesting with my tau than a pure gunline. On that note, is it acceptable to run fire warriors with carbines as breachers, do you think? Breachers weren't a thing when I built a unit of carbine FW from the old kit, but now carbines are pretty shitty, on fire warriors at least.

>Tau, 1000/1000 points, Patrol (+1 CP)

>HQ
Cadre fireblade - 42
2 gun drones - 16

>Troops
10 strike team fire warriors (pulse rifles) - 80
2 gun drones - 16

10 breacher team fire warriors - 80

>Dedicated transport
Devilfish (2 gun drones) - 127

>Elites
3 stealth suits (2 with burst cannon & ATS, 1 with fusion blaster & drone controller) - 122
2 marker drones - 20

>Fast attack
10 pathfinders (3 with rail rifles) - 137

>Heavy support
Hammerhead gunship (railgun, 2 gun drones) - 171

1 Broadside battlesuit (heavy rail rifle, 2 plasma rifles, shield generator) - 173
2 gun drones - 16

Or should I just stop being silly, and go for a battalion of 3 strike teams blasting away in a gunline? Dropping the devilfish would free enough points for an ethereal and another 10 fire warriors.
>>
>>55399630

HELVETE SIMON
>>
Any ideas for an Ork list? I'm trying to focus a bit more on having painboys and giant mobs of boys buffed by weirdboys/KFF.
>>
>>55398191
I'm going to try experimenting with 8 possessed with an apostle and champion in a landraider sometime soon. Mostly it's a matter of figuring out the support staff at this point. I like that the raider has a lot of lascannon shots and can move. Does a good job of fulfilling that anti-armor role. Could even pop open transports for the squad to munch on.
>>
>>55399434
Scrap your data files, download them again.
>>
Hey guys, building a list for the first time, what do you guys think?

>Thousand Sons, 1230/1250 points, Battalion (+3CP)

>HQ
Ahriman on Disc - 166

Sorcerer in Terminator Armor - 156
Combi bolter, force staff

>Troops
Rubric Marines, 182 points
1x Aspiring Sorcerer, 1x Soulreaper Cannon, 3x Warpflamer

Rubric Marines, 143 points
1x Aspiring Sorcerer, 1x Soulreaper Cannon, 3x Inferno Bolt Pistol

Tzaangors, 70 points
10x Tzaangor Blades

>Elites
Scarab Occult Terminators, 266 points
1x Scarab Occult Sorcerer, 3x Combi-bolter + Powersword, 1x Soulreaper + Hellfyre rack + Powersword

>FW Elites

Chaos Decimator, 162 points
Siege Claw/Hellflamer, Storm laser

>Dedicated Transport
Chaos Rhino, 85 points
Combi-bolter, Combi-bolter, Havoc Launcher

Current plan is to send bolt marines behind tzaangors to distract enemy, then send my decimator and hellflamer marines in a rhino to go sneak around. I'll leave ahriman to provide support to the bolt marines and tzaangors, then send my terminators + terminator lord in to kool aid man unsuspecting scrubs. I may have screwed up wargear on the chaos rhino, however.
>>
>>55399635
Oh I'd definitely grab a commissar with them too
>>
What's the best HQ to build an Ynnari list around? The Yncarne looks good, but pricey.
>>
>>55404093
Kind of feel you want another transport, the tzaangors are just going to die like bitches. Also, not convinced 3 warpflamers are worth it, seems with flamer weapons in 8th you either go big with them or leave them at home.
>>
>>55399943
Are power loader sentinels any good, or just thematic? Also, I do like having a single tank at higher point games.
>>55404808
And how the fuck does a commissar fit in with my fluff? I'm willing to add him in, I just don't know how to model him.
>>
>>55405111
The point of the tzaangors currently is to be a distraction force against a main army wing. Should I sneak them the transport instead or reorganize my army?
>>
My orks keep getting their shit slapped by tau with 96 firwarriors in 2k.

No idea how to stop it. Thoughts?
>>
>>55406330
More Boyz.
>>
>>55406330
You're warping your boyz right? and using stormboyz? Aren't Kommandoz actually pretty good now?
>>
>>55406330
Ignore the other two, they don't know what they're talking about. If you're getting owned by fire warriors, it's because they're the perfect anti-boy unit. Start dropping in nobs, especially mega armoured nobs, that he has to deal with, start adding in transports that he wounds on 4s or even 5s, and start looking for armour saves. A green tide will just be turned to shreds by Tau if they get a chance to shoot at you.
>>
>>55406330
They're only S5 with AP- that might be the only matchup I suggest wagons unless he has fusion commanders. Good lists don't even use firewarriors, only drones, fusion commanders and a unit of 10 vespid
>>
Nice, finally a new list building thread, neat!

Did a fire warrior heavy 1500 point Tau list with the models I have and am going to finish in the next few days, looking for some input.

1499pts

++ Battalion Detachment (T'au Empire)++

+ HQ +

Commander [160pts]: Advanced targeting system, 2x Cyclic ion blaster, Missile pod, 2x MV1 Gun Drone

Darkstrider [45pts]

+ Troops +

Breacher Team [6 PL]: MV1 Gun Drone
. 9x Fire Warrior
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui

Strike Team [ 67pts]
. Fire Warrior Shas'ui: Markerlight, Pulse rifle
. 7x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Strike Team [67pts]
. 7x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

+ Dedicated Transport +

TY7 Devilfish [127pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Burst cannon

+ Fast Attack +

Pathfinder Team [76pts]: MB3 Recon Drone, MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone
. 3x Pathfinder: 3x Markerlight
. Pathfinder Shas'ui: Markerlight
. 2x Pathfinder w/ Ion Rifle: 2x Ion rifle

Tactical Drones [32pts]: 4x MV1 Gun Drone

++ Outrider Detachment++

+ HQ +

Aun'Shi [68pts]

+ Fast Attack +

Kroot Hounds [24pts]:
6x Kroot Hound

Pathfinder Team [48pts]
. 5x Pathfinder: 5x Markerlight

Pathfinder Team [72pts]:
MV1 Gun Drone, MV31 Pulse Accelerator Drone
. 3x Pathfinder: 3x Markerlight
. 2x Pathfinder w/ Ion Rifle: 2x Ion rifle

++ Battalion Detachment++

+ HQ +

Cadre Fireblade [42pts]: Markerlight

Longstrike [225pts]: 2x Smart missile system, Railgun, 2x Seeker missile

+ Troops +

Strike Team [59pts]
. 6x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle

Strike Team [59pts]

Strike Team [59pts]

+ Heavy Support +

TX7 Hammerhead Gunship [181pts]: 2x MV1 Gun Drone, Railgun, 2x Seeker missile

1/2
>>
>>55407038
>Darkstrider goes with the Breachers and their gun drone in the Devilfish, Strike Teams form up around the Fireblade and Aun'Shi together with the PAD drones, with squads splitting up to get to objectives as needed (reason I have a second PAD drone), the rest of the formation staying together and marching into rapid fire range, with the gun drone unit serving as shield. Hammerhead stays near Longstrike, shielded by the Kroot hounds. Plan to stick the Commander with the infantry formation to pop Kauyon as needed.

Want to play the list rather mobile, so no 'hide in the corner until you win/get slaughtered'.

This isn't a WAAC tournament list, supposed to be strong enough against competitive lists but still fun for BOTH players involved, so no commander or gun drone spam. Watcha guys think?

Sorry for the wall of text, should have formatted the list better <.<..

2/2
>>
>>55407038
>that wall of text
>1/2
Anon, no.
>>
>>55407100
>no commander or gun drone spam
So.. It's not strong enough against competitive lists?
>>
>>55405218
>good or thematic?

Yes. For only 2 PL/45 points, you get a walker that hits on 4s at S10 AP -2 Dd3 that can scout. It doesn't have any guns, but won't need them with a scout move, & it will mulch elite infantry or harass vehicles.
>>
>>55407113
Well, in the region I play we differentiate cometitive lists and WAAC tourney lists (crap like 5x Storm Ravens or Malefic Lord spam). Should have used 'optimized thematic list without crap units' I guess. Ultra WAAC lists aren't really common in local tourneys anyway, people like to play at least somewhat thematic lists here that don't mutilate the fluf entirely.
>>
>>55406757
Smite heroes
>>
Before I build a list....

I'm looking for a fast glass cannon build with eldar/DE no death cult or whatever.... what are key units I need to look into? I have ALOT of models for DE and some from eldar
>>
>>55407276
How do you think firewarriors are optimized whatsoever? They're really overcosted and have no AP value.
>>
File: 1505442194239.jpg (165KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
1505442194239.jpg
165KB, 800x571px
This isn't a full list or anything but
Heard Scarab Occult are pretty good, already picked some up that I'm starting to work on but I haven't decided fully what to equip onto them yet. Is having both a heavy warpflamer and a hellfyre missile rack in one squad generally a decent choice? Also, Do you think equipping the missile rack on the flamer termi or a bolter termi would look cooler?
>>
>>55407593
>SRC is generally better due to its flexibility and looks. Put the hellfyre rack on the same guy so you can have a Heavy Weapons Guy or self-insert
>>
>>55407808
Hmm, alright. How much worse would my squad be with the warpflamer rather than the SRC? I really like the look of the flamer, though I'm also lightly worried about squad effectiveness. I thought exalted sorcs were for self inserting
>>
>>55408086
It's just the fact that soulreaper cannons are more versatile and have a greater range which makes them good. Since terminators can only move 4" per phase without support, your only good option to get them moving is to take a Sorcerer in Terminator armor to warptime their asses and prevent footslogging, or find a way for them to rendezvous with a Land Raider somehow. Either way, you can't guarantee that your deepstrike will always have foes within flaming distance.

Super warpflamer isn't wholly bad, just inflexible since these termies are chunky and slow without support. In the end, it's just about how much you think you're gonna be in close combat and what role you want your terminators to serve.

Sometimes not being the squad leader and being a silent protagonist is the way I go about self-inserting but sometimes I just need to relieve "frustration" as the big dog
>>
>>55408255
Ah, ok. Thanks a ton anon.
>>
File: Tau short list.pdf (36KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Tau short list.pdf
36KB, 1x1px
Thoughts on my filthy commander spam list? I'm thinking of rotating in some cyclic ion blasters.
>>
>>55408754
A few less commanders, fuckload more drones, a unit of 10 vespid. No bullshit.
>>
>>55387355

Reposting here from general.

New to 40k, planning my dream list so I cut down on wasted dollars. Rate plz?

-- Space Marines, 2000 pts, White Scars Tactics --

++ Outrider Detachment ++

+HQ+

> Captain (Power Sword, Bolt Pistol) (78)

> Chaplain (Jump Pack, Bolt Pistol) (90)

+Troops+

> Scout Squad: x4 Scouts (Sniper Rifles), Sergeant (Sniper Rifle) (75)

> Tactical Squad: x7 Marines, x1 Multimelta, x1 Missile Launcher, Sergeant (Plasma Pistol and Chainsword) (179)

+Elites+

> Apothecary on Bike (82)

> Terminator Squad: x4 Terminators, Sergeant (192)

+Fast Attack+

> Assault Squad: x9 Marines, Sergeant (Eviscerator, Melta Bombs) (187)

> x3 Assault Squads: x7 Marines, x2 Flamers, Sergeant (534)

> Bike Squad: x2 Bikes, Sergeant, Attack Bike (Multimelta) (145)

+Heavy Support+

> x2 Devastator Squads: x4 Grav Cannons and Amps, Sergeant (354)

+Dedicated Transport+

> Rhino (Hunter-Killer Missile) (78)

The idea behind the list is relatively simple. The Assault Squads swoop in with the Chaplain and annihilate the infantry. They fall back whenever they get into combat, use the flamers, and utilizing the white scars tactic, charge in again. With the Chaplain letting them reroll any misses, the effect should be devastating to any troops.

The Devastators are geared toward squishing enemy vehicles.

The Captain will be traveling with the Terminators.

The Apothercary will be traveling between rezzing the bikes and the termies, making both squads highly survivable pain trains.

I'm sure there are better lists out there, but this one satisfies my bloodlust for close combat.

Thoughts?
>>
>>55401947
You might want to add in a bellboy; footslogging all your guys will be a pain otherwise. I also like the new blight launchers over the plasma guns, especially since you don't have a source of reroll 1's.

Any thoughts on this potential 2k list?

Super Heavy Aux
Mortarion

Outrider
Typhus
Noxious Blightbringer
3 Foetid Bloatdrones (Plaguespitters)

Outrider
Chaos Lord in Terminator Armor w/ powersword
5 Blightlord Terminators w/ axes and flail
Tallyman
3 Foetid Bloatdrones (Fleshmowers)
>>
I used this list and got my shit pushed in hard by my friends space marines

Outrider Detachment

Commander 2x Cyclic ion blaster 2x Fusion blaster , 2x MV4 Shield Drone

Pathfinder Team MV33 Grav-inhibitor Drone
6x Pathfinder
Pathfinder Shas'u
3x Pathfinder w/ Ion Rifle

Pathfinder Team
MV33 Grav-inhibitor Drone
6x Pathfinder:
Pathfinder Shas'u
2x Pathfinder w/ Ion Rifle

Pathfinder Team
MV33 Grav-inhibitor Drone
6x Pathfinder
Pathfinder Shas'ui

AX39 Sun Shark Bomber
Markerlight [3pts],
2x Missile pod
2x MV17 Interceptor Drone
2x Seeker missile

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (T'au Empire) [61 PL, 1384pts] ++

Commander [7 PL, 170pts]: 2x Cyclic ion blaster , 2x Fusion blaster , 2x MV4 Shield Drone [16pts]

+ Elites [54 PL, 1214pts] +

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits ]: Homing beacon , 2x MV4 Shield Drone
3x Stealth Shas'ui w/ Advanced targeting system 3x Advanced targeting system 3x Burst cannon
Stealth Shas'ui w/ Fusion blaster Drone controller Fusion blaster
Stealth Shas'vre Advanced targeting system Burst cannon

XV25 Stealth Battlesuits Homing beacon , 2x MV4 Shield Drone
4x Stealth Shas'ui w/ Advanced targeting system
Stealth Shas'ui w/ Fusion blaster Drone controller
Stealth Shas'vre Advanced targeting system

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits 6x MV1 Gun Drone
Crisis Shas'ui Cyclic ion blaster 2x Fusion blaster
Crisis Shas'ui Cyclic ion blaster 2x Fusion blaster
Crisis Shas'vre Cyclic ion blaster 2x Fusion blaster

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits 6x MV1 Gun Drone
Crisis Shas'ui Cyclic ion blaster , 2x Fusion blaster
Crisis Shas'ui : Cyclic ion blaster , 2x Fusion blaster
Crisis Shas'vre : Cyclic ion blaster, 2x Fusion blaster
++ Total: [98 PL, 1997pts] ++
>>
>>55411310
>>55411310

I was trying to go for a flexible list that can handle just about anything thrown at it. It got its shit pushed in by a storm raven, 3 assassins, and that stupid marine tactic of -1 to all shooting.

Do I lose games at list building or just my noobness and shittiness?
>>
>>55406120
Tzaangors aren't enough of a threat to be a distraction. I would look into reorganizing your army and seeing what FW models would help fill the gaps that 1k sons have, namely anti-tank and anti-horde.
>>
>>55411361
The decimator was intended to be for anti tank, do I have decent equipment for it?

As for anti horde, should I get some flamers and go to town, or consider a vehicle to deal with MSU's?
>>
I used to play a fluffy footsloggin guard army with a few tanks for support, what do i do now with no platoons and no emperor's shield platoons? I got about 9 squads of guards, 4 HWT, 4 CCS (Or PCS as you do), 3 russes and 3 chimeras with a sentinel. Any ideas how to recompose something that can win? Or should I start collecting mech?
>>
>>55402393
carbine FW as breachers are fine, as long as your opponent isn't a wysiwyg fag.
Also patrol doesn't give command points so you have only 3CP
now on to feedback
>hq
gun drones are free kill points, remove
>troops
add a shas'ui with pulse pistol (no need to model it since it's so new) to each squad for Ld and A buff since he's now free
split strike teams into 2 x 5 for MSU
>elites
grab shas'vre and give him FB, don't bother with drone controller, just leave him with FB
>fast attack
1 squad of 5 with 3 rails (take recon drone with them if you can since it allows them to ignore cover)
1 squad of 5 PF with no special weaps
add pulse accelerator drone(s) and chuck them with either breachers and/or strike teams
add shas'ui to each with pulse pistol
add all drones on nonessential units (like fireblade, stealthsuits, broadside) into FA slot and make it an outrider detachment for +1CP
>heavy support
cut out drones and grab longstrike, split strike teams into 2x5 and you have battalion, longstrike too good to pass up
broadside should take sms with hrr, shield generator pointless, either take TL or VT or don't bother

TLDR: cut all drones that aren't required, split strike teams into 2x5, take hammerhead as longstrike and enjoy battalion detachment, then see if you can add minor upgrades
>>
>>55411320

Your first mistake was not spamming Riptides.

They got nerfed from 7th, obviously, but you should still take them.
>>
>>55411492
Storm laser is not AT and the siege claw is alright if you can close distance. One model is not a sufficient anti-anything short of a super heavy. I would not use flamers on your rubrics at all, just too many points will be sunk into a single unit. I love their fluff, but have never seen them be effective on the TT due to their price and hyper specialization. At the points level you have your list set, the high cost of the 1k sons is going to be more profound because of how many points your rubrics will eat up. I would consider converting up some rapier batteries with quad-bolters and laser destroyers to fill your gaps and just going full gun line. That being said, a rapier laser destroyer is 106 points per carriage + gun + crew, the quad bolter one is 82 points per carriage + gun + crew so I would place them as a goal for higher point games.Regular spawn and giant spawn are quite effective for their points cost and solid melee.
>>55411529
The guard squads can be fielded as conscripts and just give them a commissar to hold the line. Then just run a bunch of big guns.

How much of a WAAC move would having 2 leviathan dreads with grav guns be because I already have one and find it to be near perfect in what it does
>>
>>55411710
I thought thousand sons couldn't take rapiers...? I like that idea but I don't know if it's possible or not.

I'll experiment a little bit more with the point amounts and see what I can fill in to get AT and Anti-MSU
>>
>>55411801
My bad, as of the errata they cannot. Leviathan dreads will fuck anything and everything up with the gravflux guns though.
>>
>>55411902
>>55411902
>>55412041

Well, that sucks.

I know Rubric marines bit the dust for unit cost this edition no pun intended but what should I do in terms of troops? How should I divvy them up?

On another note, I saw the pre-heresy thousand sons contemptors and got a huge boner, especially since I heard Havoc Launchers were FAQ'd in. Would that be a better pick than the Decimator even though it's slower, or should I stick with it or just go with something else entirely?

Walkers just really get me hard, and as much as I hear that predators are really good, tanks are just "eh" compared to motherfuckin' doom walkers
>>
>>55411320
don't listen to
>>55411565
Why would you ever pay the points for a riptide when you can get quad fusion commanders for cheaper? Follow this
>>55409808
>>55408754
and beat some beta marine ass
>>
Raven Guard
-Battalion Detachment-
HQ
Primaris Captain: Master-crafted Stalker Bolt Rifle - 92 pts
Primaris Lieutenant: Master-crafted Stalker Bolt Rifle - 75 pts

Troops
10 Intercessors: Stalker Bolt Rifles - 220 pts
5 Intercessors: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher - 101 pts
5 Intercessors: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher - 101 pts

Heavy Support
10 Hellblasters - 330 pts

-Vanguard Detachment-
HQ
Primaris Lieutenant: The Armour Indomitus, Power Sword - 74 pts

Elites
Primaris Apothecary - 68 pts
6 Primaris Aggressors - 258 pts
10 Reivers - 180 pts

Total - 1499 pts

Infiltrating Hellblasters, sword Lieutenant, Aggressors, and Reivers, which leaves me 3 CP to fool around with during the game. Last I checked the meta in my area is a fairly decent mix of everything. I also originally had 5 Sniper Scouts, but I felt they'd not get much done really.
>>
>>55412421
I feel like you're better off switching the roles and gear of the Captain and Power Sword Lieutenant.

The Cap is tougher and has more attacks to use as a front liner, but most importantly he's close to the Hellblasters so they can overcharge in some amount of safety. As thats really the only thing you have to punch through tanks its almost a requirement.
>>
Imperial Guard
Brigade Detachment

HQ
3 x CC w/ shotgun

Elite
1 x Commissar
1 x Astropath
1 x Priest

Troops
6 x Infantry squad w/Lascannon, bolter on sgt.

Heavy Support
3 x HWS w/ 3 mortars each

Fast Attack
3 x 5 man rough rider squads w/ 2 meltaguns each

Battalion Detachment
HQ
1 x Lord Commissar w/ Powerfist, plasma pistol
1 x tempestor Prime w/ command rod

Elites
1 x 3 man Bullgrn squad w/ mauls and slabsheilds

Troops
2 x 10 man Stormtroopers w/ 4 plasma guns, plasmapistol on sgt. and vox
1 x 5 man stormtroopers

Heavy Support
Malcador annihilator w/ twin lasscannons, 2 lascannon sponsons and demolisher cannon

Flyer Support
Avenger Strike Fighter w/ Hellstrike missiles

Transport
Chimera w/ HFs

2000 pt list with 15 CP

Bullgryns, commissar lord, astropath and priest go in chimera btw.
>>
>>55412939
I've been thinking about dropping the sword Lieutenant and an Aggressor for a second Captain. I could also give both Lieutenants auto bolt rifles and swap my current Captain for a Gravis Captain.
>>
File: 1kpoints.png (36KB, 676x864px) Image search: [Google]
1kpoints.png
36KB, 676x864px
Likely going up a genestealer-heavy nid army. Tyrannofex or swarmlord may make an appearance.
>>
>>55411310
Why do you have drone controllers but take shield drones?
>>
How should I start a 1000 point list for Necrons?

Is there a generally good all round template that I can work around?

Any units to highlight or avoid?
>>
Anyone got a good 1500 point Dreadnaught list for 8th Ed Space Marines?
>>
Posting my 2k GK list because why not

Grey Knights 2000pts:
Battalion Detachment:
Grand Master Voldus: 190pts
+ Gate of Infinity
+ Hammerhand
+ Sanctuary

Brother-Captain Stern: 157pts
+ Purge Soul

Strike Squad: 105pts
+ Nemesis falchions x3: 0pts
+ Nemesis force halberd x2: 0pts
+ Storm bolters x5: 10pts
+ Gate of Infinity

Razorback: 123pts
+ Twin Lascannon: 50pts
+ Storm bolter: 2pts
+ Hunter-killer missile: 6pts

Strike Squad: 105pts
+ Nemesis falchions x3: 0pts
+ Gate of Infinity

Razorback: 123pts
+ Twin Lascannon: 50pts
+ Hunter-killer missile: 6pts

Terminator Squad: 240pts
+ Nemesis falchions x2: 0pts
+ Nemesis force halberd x3: 0pts
+ Gate of Infinity

Apothecary: 90pts
+ Nemesis warding stave: 0pts
+ Sanctuary

Paladin Ancient: 142pts
+ Nemesis falchion: 0pts
+ Sanctuary
+ Banner of Refining Flame

Paladin Squad: 178pts
+ Nemesis falchions: 0pts
+ Nemesis force halberd: 0pts
+ Nemesis Daemon hammer: 13pts
+ Storm bolter x3: 6pts
+ Hammerhand

Paladin Squad: 288pts
+ Nemesis falchions x2: 0pts
+ Nemesis Daemon hammer: 13pts
+ Storm bolter x5: 10pts
+ Hammerhand

Interceptor Squad: 250pts
+ Nemesis falchions x10: 0pts
+ Storm bolters x10: 20pts
+ Hammerhand

Total: 1991pts

Any thoughts and suggestions?
>>
>>55399526
Vanguard detachment
HQ:
2 company commanders

Troops:
Scions with what you got

Elites:
2 command squads, equip with whatever special weapons you got
2 platoon commanders, gear for melee
2 veteran teams, equip with rest of special weapons

Heavy support:
Leman russ.

If there are enough points, take a chimera for your platoon commaders to be put in.

Tactic: spam the order Move, move, move! as it makes your infantry move practically at double speed, 2x6" + 2d6" averaging at about 19" movement per turn. Get platoon commanders into glorious melee. When in positions, shoot with all you got and get rerolls for 1 to hits with orders, sans your russ.

Wont win many games but will create hilarity.
>>
I might be missing something reading up on Tau, but can't the enemy target drones and ignore the unit they deployed with since they are now not "inside" the unit they support?
What's stopping my opponent from blasting the pulse acceleration drone turn 1?
>>
File: 1501220807586.gif (1MB, 300x332px) Image search: [Google]
1501220807586.gif
1MB, 300x332px
>>55413483
>Tyrranofex
>>
File: 1479638340554.jpg (213KB, 582x909px) Image search: [Google]
1479638340554.jpg
213KB, 582x909px
>>55387355
Raven Guard List 5th Edition Codex
intention: fluffy, but still playable

What do you think about it? Are there some mayor dealbreakers?

1 HQ
>Chaplain
>+ Boltpistol, Crozius Arcanum
>+ Melterbombs, Jumppack

4 Troops
>Scout Squad
>5 Scouts, 3 x Bolter, Heavy Bolter, Hellfire Rounds
>+ Upgrade to Sergeant, Boltpistol, Bolter

>Scout Squad
>5 Scouts, 3 x Sniper Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Camo
>+ Upgrade to Sergeant, Boltpistol, Sniper Rifle

>Tactical Squad
>10 Space Marines, Plasmathrower, Rocket Launcher
>+ Upgrade to Sergeant, Boltpistol, 1 x Kombi-Plasma
>+ Rhino, Stormbolter

>Tactical Squad
>5 Space Marines, Melter
>+ Upgrade to Sergeant, Boltpistol, 1 x Kombi-Melter, Melterbombs
>+ Drop Pod, Stormbolter

3 Assault
>Bike Squad
>3 Space Marines Bikes, 2 x Plasmathrower
>+ Upgrade to Sergeant, Boltpistole

>Assault Squad
>5 Space Marines, 1 x Flamethrower, Jumppack
>+ Upgrade to Sergeant, Boltpistol, 1 x Energyclaw, Parryshield

>1 Trike, 1 x Multimelter
>>
File: IMG_2064.png (317KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2064.png
317KB, 1536x2048px
How's this for a gunline?
>>
>>55418503
Those tacticals are gonna have range issues and they don't seem to have any way of mitigating it. Primaris troops are better at gunlining, manlets are better as vanguard vets or more devastators.
>>
>>55418451
>5e
>>
I have a bunch of Kasrkin models and Valkyries left over from 5e. Would it be gimmicky, cheesy, or ill-advised to run a list consisting entirely of Scions and aircraft?
>>
>>55418738
so?
>>
File: 1504398793441.jpg (18KB, 220x230px) Image search: [Google]
1504398793441.jpg
18KB, 220x230px
>>55418451
>>55418738
come on, is everybody offended by the old rulebook and codex my group and I still use?

And here I hoped there would be another oldfag on this board...
>>
>>55418706
The tacticals are there to stay up front and charge anything that gets too close and stall them.
>>
File: 1503262053689.png (27KB, 254x371px) Image search: [Google]
1503262053689.png
27KB, 254x371px
Well its DG release day, how about a DG list!

Total points: 1971
CP: 12

>HQ
Demon prince
-axe
-wings
-Warlord trait: tainted regeneration
-Relic: THE SUPPURATING PLATE

Typhus

Malignant Plaguecaster

>troops
pox walkers x10
pox walkers x10
pox walkers x10
pox walkers x10

Deathguard x5
- plasma gun, blight launcher, blightlauncher

Deathguard x5
- plasma gun, blight launcher, blightlauncher

>Elites
Tallyman
Blight Bringer
Blight lords x5
-Bubotic axes x5, combi plasma x4, reaper autocannon

>Fast Attack
Chaos spawn x1
Chaos spawn x1
Chaos spawn x1

>Heavy Support
Plague Crawler
-entropy cannons x2

Plague Crawler
-entropy cannons x2

Plague Crawler
-entropy cannons x2

any thoughts?
>>
How to improve?

Battallion Ynarri +3cp

HQ
Shadowseer
Yncarne
Troupe Master w/ Embrace

Troops
3× 5 kabalites w/ blaster
2× 5 Troupe w/ embraces

Elite
Solitaire

Fast
5 scourges w/ blasters

Heavy
2× Dark Lance Ravagers
Tantalus

Transport
2× Starweavers

Ive never used the harlequins just picked them up, feel like i need another scourge squad in there but like that this list has a small number of drops. Never used the Yncarne either
>>
File: dredmob.png (262KB, 676x4098px) Image search: [Google]
dredmob.png
262KB, 676x4098px
Since I don't feel like paitng over 100 boyz, already have 2 Meka Dreads and 3 Killa Kans, and recently invested in airbrush, I thought it would be fun to make roster based on ork walkers.
>>
File: dreadmob 2.png (342KB, 676x5201px) Image search: [Google]
dreadmob 2.png
342KB, 676x5201px
Actually, one without grots in kans and stompa, feel way more confy to me (and 3rd mekadread is on my way to me).
>>
File: hqdefault~2.jpg (3KB, 105x98px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault~2.jpg
3KB, 105x98px
>>55421005
>>55421127
>inline stats
>>
So I love the model for the Annihilation Barge but it seems to be in such an awkward spot stat wise. It it worth it to field or should I just get a Doomsday Ark for a few extra points.?
>>
R8 me list boyos.

>2000 points Adepta Sororitas & Friends
>Battalion Detachment

Canoness (79)
- Eviscerator
- Inferno pistol

Canoness (49)
- Power sword

Punisher Pask (221)
- X3 Heavy Bolter

Battle sister squad (71)
- Flamer
- Heavy Flamer

Immolator (103)
- Immolation Flamer

Battle sister squad (71)
- Flamer
- Heavy Flamer

Immolator (103)
- Immolation Flamer

Battle sister squad (154)
- 15 sisters
- X2 Storm Bolter
- Superior has Combi-plasma

Imagifier (40)

Vindicare Assassin (90)

Astropath (15)

Exorcist (160)

>Outrider Detachment

Celestine (250)
- X2 Geminae

Dominion squad (118)
- X4 Meltagun

Immolator (122)
- Twin-linked Multi-melta

Dominion squad (118)
- X4 Meltagun

Immolator (122)
- Twin-linked Multi-melta

Seraphim squad (114)
- X4 Inferno pistols
- Superior has Plasma pistol & Power sword
>>
Space Marines: Kombiniertes Kontingent (Hauptkontingent) - 1000 Punkte
*************** 1 HQ ***************
Orden:, Raven Guard

Chaplain
+ Boltpistole, Crozius Arcanum -> 0 Pkt.
+ Melterbomben, Sprungmodul -> 20 Pkt.
- - - > 110 Punkte

*************** 1 Elite ***************
Vanguard Veteran Squad
5 Veteranen, 4 x Boltpistole, 4 x Energieklaue, Sprungmodule
+ Upgrade zum Sergeant, 2 x Energieklaue -> 10 Pkt.
- - - > 140 Punkte

*************** 4 Standard ***************
Scout Squad
5 Scouts, 3 x Bolter, Schwerer Bolter, Höllenfeuergeschosse
+ Upgrade zum Sergeant, Boltpistole, Bolter -> 0 Pkt.
- - - > 68 Punkte

Scout Squad
5 Scouts, 3 x Scharfschützengewehr, Raketenwerfer, Tarnmäntel
+ Upgrade zum Sergeant, Boltpistole, Scharfschützengewehr -> 1 Pkt.
- - - > 84 Punkte

Tactical Squad
10 Space Marines, Plasmawerfer, Raketenwerfer
+ Upgrade zum Sergeant, Boltpistole, 1 x Kombi-Plasmawerfer -> 10 Pkt.
+ Rhino -> 35 Pkt.
- - - > 215 Punkte

Tactical Squad
5 Space Marines, Melter
+ Upgrade zum Sergeant, Boltpistole, 1 x Kombi-Melter, Melterbomben -> 15 Pkt.
+ Landungskapsel, Sturmbolter -> 35 Pkt.
- - - > 130 Punkte

*************** 3 Sturm ***************
Bike Squad
3 Space Marines auf Bike, 2 x Plasmawerfer
+ Upgrade zum Sergeant, Kettenschwert -> 0 Pkt.
- - - > 93 Punkte

Assault Squad
5 Space Marines, 1 x Flammenwerfer, Sprungmodule
+ Upgrade zum Sergeant, Boltpistole, 1 x Energieklaue, Parierschild -> 20 Pkt.
- - - > 110 Punkte

1 Trike, 1 x Multimelter
- - - > 50 Punkte

Gesamtpunkte der Armee : 1000

>What though say?
>>
Posted in the general, got no replies, what do you guys think:

Total: [107 PL, 2000pts, 8cp]

CSM - Alpha Legion

-Battalion Detachment

HQ:

Lord Arkos

Lord w/ Jump Pack, Plasma pistol, Power sword

Dark Apostle w/ Plasma pistol, Power maul

Troops:

9x Cultist w/ Autogun, Champion w/ Autogun

Elites:

Hellforged Contemptor w/ Havoc launcher, Hellforged chainclaw, Soulburner, Butcher cannon

Heavy Support:

Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnought w/ Grav-flux bombard, 2x Hellflamer, Hellforged siege drill, Meltagun

-Vanguard Detachment

HQ:

Exalted Champion w/ Plasma pistol, The Murder Sword

Sorcerer on Disc w/ Eye of Tzeentch, Force sword, Plasma pistol

Elites:

Terminators -
. Champion: Combi-plasma, Power fist
. 2x Terminator: Combi-plasma, Power axe
. Terminator: Combi-plasma, Power sword
. Terminator: 2x Lightning Claw

Chosen -
. Chosen Champion: Combi-plasma, Power axe
. 5x Chosen w/ Plasma gun

Khorne Berzerkers w/ Icon of Wrath -
. Berzerker Champion: Chainaxe, Plasma pistol
. 14x Chainsword and Chainaxe
>>
>>55422486
heretical
>>
>>55418342
The same guy brought him in a 750 point game, because, get this, he thought I might bring my Wraithlord.
>>
>>55423080
Is he actually braindamaged?
>>
>>55423144
He has some weird ideas about the game. Doesn't listen when I tell him hordes have a critical mass they need to reach before becoming effective ("why don't my 8 termagants do anything on the table")
>>
File: 1377823694156.gif (1MB, 305x239px) Image search: [Google]
1377823694156.gif
1MB, 305x239px
>>55423201
I feel like I shouldn't believe this, but there's enough people who don't know how to play the game that makes me think this is more true than not.
>>
>>55422041
anyone?
>>
>>55423480
I don't know German.
>>
>>55423391
In our 1000 point game he ended up taking:
>Swarmlord
>Broodlord
>Tyranid Prime

>18 Genestealers
>6 Warriors
>10 Gargoyles

I baited him into hive commanding and charging his genestealers straight at my fire dragons (I left them outside a transport in my deployment zone).
A well placed guardian squad and dual flamer wraithlord removed them.
My wave serpents and their brightlances brought the swarmlord down to 4 wounds before he could charge my wraithblades (which went balls deep with their wave serpent).

He spent the entire game throwing his army around my wraithblades (bending the rules for consolidate a bit to do so). Once they'd been ground down, my guardians and two wave serpents shot the remaining warrior and tyranid prime to bits.
>>
>>55423485
what's not to undersand about Scout, Tactical, Assault Squad, Plasma or Melta?
>>
>>55423518
It saddens me to hear this.
>>
Don't have a list as I'm still mustering forces but I just put my monolith together and I'm curious how I should use it.
Leave it in orbit and bring it with a few Immortals later in the game or start with in relative cover and hide my dudes behind it? I've heard they suck already so not expecting much
>>
File: STC aint free.jpg (210KB, 780x532px) Image search: [Google]
STC aint free.jpg
210KB, 780x532px
I'm building my first army on somewhat of a budget and an understocked local game store. How does this AdMech list look like:

>HQ
Tech Priest Dominus

>Troops
2 squads of 5 Skitarri Rangers, each with 2 arquebuses, rest are Galvanic Rifles
3 Kataphron Destroyers with plasma guns and Cognis flamers.

>Heavy Support
1 Onager Dunecrawler with Neutron Laser, Cognis Stubber, and Smoke Launchers.
>>
File: 7c80f02fb4d84eee80368d33e4b3b097.jpg (576KB, 2048x1494px) Image search: [Google]
7c80f02fb4d84eee80368d33e4b3b097.jpg
576KB, 2048x1494px
2k list here:
Battalion: AM: Catachan
Company Commander
Company Commander
Harker
Commissar
Commissar
2x 50 conscripts
infantry squad; lascannon

Spearhead: AdMech: Mars
Cawl
Datasmith
2x4 Robots with phosphors
2x Onager with Neutron laser
>>
>>55387355
Hey. I recently got a great deal on some Genestealer Cults but have been losing terribly each time I play them at 1500. Are they just not great right now? I know I need to get more Purestrain Genestealers but all of my games haven't even been close. I am getting outshot AND out melee'd almost every game even when I get optimal ambush rolls. Here is my list. I have played Tau, Grey Knights, and Dark Eldar.

Also how would I deal with Flyers as GSC? Bring in a Hydra from Astra Mil?

It's two Battalions.

HQ
Primus
Patriarch
Magus 2x Familiars
Icon Ward

Troops
10x Neophytes 7 with Shotguns 2 with Seismic 1 leader with web pistol and power pick
12 Neophytes 2x Mining laser 2x grenade launcher
12 Neophytes 2x mining laser
10 acolytes 2x Rock Saw 1x leader with Lash and Bonesword
5 acolytes 2x Demolition Charges
5 acolytes 2x Demolition Charges

Elites
6 Hybrid Metamorphs 3x whips 3x Metamorphs Claw, Cult Icon (had some extra points, I know they are too expensive)
10 Genestealers

Transport
2x Goliath with demolition cache, Assault Cannon, Heavy Stubber

THINGS I OWN NOT IN THIS LIST

Aberrants 2x pick 2x hammer
Patriarch
Scout Sentinels with Autocannon and saw
1 more acolyte with whip and Bonesword
Leman Russ Twin Autocannon, Lascannon, Stubber, 2xMulti Meltas
>>
File: derp 2.png (116KB, 676x2203px) Image search: [Google]
derp 2.png
116KB, 676x2203px
Recently getting back into the hobby and wanting to put together an AdMech list.

Mostly playing for the funs as opposed to competitive WAAC but is there anything here I'm doing that is outright retarded and a poor choice?

I occasionally play really huge (3000 pt+ ) with my friends but they're purely for fun and breaking out dramatic big models - for those I'm thinking having lots of IG heavy support vehicles like Basilisks and Baneblades and shit, but that's for another time.

Anyway, any feedback is appreciated my dudes
>>
File: Chimera APC conversion.jpg (49KB, 571x441px) Image search: [Google]
Chimera APC conversion.jpg
49KB, 571x441px
>>55416704
Thank you!
>>
>>55423807
Arquebuses are expensive anti character weapons.

Why take two in such a small force?
Go with plasma or arc rifles instead.
>>
File: Talons 3.5k.png (88KB, 676x2065px) Image search: [Google]
Talons 3.5k.png
88KB, 676x2065px
Have a big game on Monday against an Iron Hands player running Vaylund Cal. He really only runs Primaris.

How does my list look? Sorry it's wonky looking, Battlescribe knocks it around.
>>
>>55424282
That's a lot of beep boops in that picture.
>>
>>55399462
Reiterating what has been said:
-take warriors in groups of 20
-have at least one cryptek serving the warrior blobs
-if you have a ghost ark, don't worry about resurrection orbs
-as of now, Doomsday Arks are garbage, don't bother.
-I personally don't care much for Annihilation Barges because the lack of AP, but it does pull it's weight more than a command barge
-Lychguard are technically better than Praetorians now due to versatility of having <Dynasty> rules.
-Destroyers are fantastic, and Destroyer Lords are a great beatstick with a warscythe
-if you're worried about fast melee armies, scarabs are a great skirmish line, or a great means of blocking large areas from infiltrators
>>
Taking suggestions, considering the new Admech rules:

Forge World: Stygies VIII

HQ
2x Dominus w/Macrostubber and Volkite Blaster

Troops
5x Skitarii Vanguard- Omnispex
-2 Transauric Arquebus
5x Skitarii Vanguard- Omnispex
-2 Transauric Arquebus
10x Skitarii Vanguard- Data Tether
-3 plasma calivers
10x Skitarii Vanguard- Data Tether
-3 plasma calivers

Elites
Datasmith
5x Infiltrators, Sword and Stubber
5x Infiltrators, Sword and Stubber

Fast Attack
2x Ballistari w/Lascannons

Heavy Support
4x Kastelan Robots w/ Triple Phosphor Blasters
2x Onager Dunecrawlers w/Neutron Lasers
>>
File: photojoiner_image.png (183KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
photojoiner_image.png
183KB, 1000x1000px
Fluffy and does quite well
>>
>>55426860
holy fug fix your image
>>
>>55422486
Might want one block of cultists so you can do Tide of Traitors and bring back all 40 at once.
>>
File: 1500.png (100KB, 676x2017px) Image search: [Google]
1500.png
100KB, 676x2017px
Hows this.
>>
Are Primaris Ancients worth taking in an Ultramarines Primaris army? Leadership 10 on basic infantry is kind of overkill.
For 1 point less I can just take another apothecary which actually keeps guys in the fight.
>>
>>55427294
Depends who they're running with. Hellblasters, Aggressors or characters in melee yes, otherwise probably not.
>>
>>55427294
Ancients are worth taking for the relic and banners in general. If you're just taking it because "hur dur flags are cool" then it's not worth it. If he's going to use the relic or is an important aura granter that will take enemy fire, then the extra wound will be useful.
>>
>>55426506
>>55399565
>>55399661

Thanks for the tips all.

Seems like you can't go wrong with the old favourites like Warriors, Crypteks and Ghost Arks.

I'll take a look at C'Tan since I've never considered them, and the melee focused list sounds interesting.
>>
Hey /tg/, new BA player here. Played a single match in 5E then shelved it till 8E

I have the outrider detachment 1K list

HQ
Librarian with standard gear (93)

Fast attack
Assault squad: 4x marine(52) sergeant pfist(33)= 85points
Assault squad: 4x marine(52) sergeant pfist(33)= 85points
Assault squad: 3x marine(39) 1x marine plasma pistol(20) sergeant pfist(33)= 92 points

Dedicated transport:
Razorback(65), twin heavy flamer(34)= 99 points
Razorback(65), twin assault cannon(35)= 100 points
Razorback(65), lasplas(45)= 110 points

Heavy support:
Baal predator(107), heavy bolters(20)= 127 points
Predator(102), twin lascannon(50), lascannons(50), stormbolter(2)= 204 points

For a total of 998 Points.
I still have a box of death company marines and a redemptor dread aswell as the following regular dreads.

DC dreadnaught(128): Fist(0), magna grapple(5), heavy flamer(17)= 150 Points
Furioso dreadnaught (122): Fist(0), magna grapple(5), heavy flamer(17)= 144 Points
Furioso dreadnaught(122): talons(130), magna grapple(5), heavy flamer(17)= 274 Points

What can i buy to expand on my 1k outrider list? can you critique the list aswell. Any do buy's and don't buys?
I was thinking of expanding my body count by perhaps getting some sanguinary guard and some more assault marines. Tips are very welcome!
>>
>>55429206
Dreads are great this edition, so they're well worth using.

Might be worth getting a Devastator squad or another Predator as the one you have now seems to be your only anti tank. It'll be fine for 1000 point games but you'll want a bit more as you expand.
>>
>>55393017
B-bump
>>
>>55420340
What's going in the second starweaver? You can't put any DE in it.

>>55421660
> Inferno pistol and eviscerator on canoness
Are you just filling points there?
> Exorcists in 8e
Could I suggest a Retributor squad and a transport instead?

>>55423807
Unfortunately for you, you only get 1 of each special weapon per box. I'd suggest a vanguard squad with plasma and a ranger squad with arquebus, if you have access to 2 boxes.

>>55424282
What's your answer to stormravens with this?

>>55424499
Neophytes and Acolytes are shit right now, sorry to say, and they compose the majority of your list. You want maximum Genestealers and Patriarchs, minimum Neophytes.

>>55426057
The three knights may be a bit much, but the rest would be a fun game vs. primaris.

>>55426611
> Ballistari w/Lascannons
To what end? I love the damn things, but they just don't do anything.

>>55426960
One dev squad and a missile launcher on a scout isn't enough long-ranged anti-tank at 1500, I feel.

>>55427294
Ancients, primaris and otherwise, are ridiculous in codex marines. Keep them with your dudes and double your fighting effectiveness until he dies.
>>
File: memes.png (48KB, 676x1430px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
48KB, 676x1430px
Really wanting to make a Tzneetch daemons + Magnus list. I really like the idea of the two huge boss psykers of Magnus and Kairos, but I've never dabbled in Chaos before/ I don't really know whats good or not. Any advice?
>>
>>55429711
I've never tied a list like yours before, but if I were playing against it I'd probably just try to take out the horrors and endure for the rest of the game; you have very few models on the table overall, meaning it's hard to put up a full battle-line and keep it there.
>>
>>55429739
That was my main concern about the list. I could just try remove the three helldrakes and throw in some Thousand Sons squads instead or something. I don't really know though, I've never faught Chaos or played it before.
>>
>>55429857
That sounds right, yeah. One cultist/tzaangor squad and some Thousand Sons would keep to your theme and still let you have more board presence.
>>
File: m+k.png (67KB, 676x1637px) Image search: [Google]
m+k.png
67KB, 676x1637px
>>55429864
How's something like this?
>>
>>55430154
what listbuilder are you using?
>>
>>55430331
BattleScribe
>>
I cant find a pdf of the death guard codex and the book isn't yet available in my country, any help?
>>
>>55430432
go reread the /40k/general pasta and regret your life decisions
>>
>>55423532
>this is a plasmawerfer
>it werfs plasma
>>
>>55420190
looks good, but i like beasts of nurgle more than chaos spawns. 38 vs 33 pointswise.
>>
In matters unrelated to begging scans, how should i spend my remaining 400 points for a 30k-style mechanised DG list? Not a fan of the Morty model and the Falchion is pure sex, so

156-Daemon Prince of Nurgle, Talons

126-5xPlague Marines-2x Plasma Gun, Bubotic Axe ( all axes are on the champ)
126-5xPlague Marines-2x Plasma Gun, Bubotic Axe
74-Chaos Rhino, combibolters

138-5xPlague Marines-2x Meltagun, Bubotic Axe
128-5x Plague Marines, 2x blight launcher, Axe
74-Chaos Rhino, combibolters

777-Falchion, 2x quad lascannons, twin volcano cannon, twin HBolter

I need a second HQ, and i'm considering either a typhus/zombie blob, a sorceror and blightlord unit, or a chaos lord in a close combat rhino plague squad with some combination of the cool buff characters.

Falchion delets at least two vehicles or elite infantry units every turn, plagues shoot things and hold points, prince gives rerolls to whatever needs it and chews an occasional chump who looks like he's gonna chip the falchion's paint. Champ axes are 30k scythes modelled onto the DI monoposers, already have 2x plas, 2x meltagun and 2x blight launchers (converted from psycannons) together as well as 4x redshirts. I could also toss a combimelta/combiplas onto the rhinos, but not sure of the effectiveness.
>>
>>55430507
i do to, but the only reason i take the spawn is that i fill out the detachment for 9cp.

the blightlords get ridiculous when you can bring one back every turn or heal 1 wound
>>
>>55430575
Don't think you can take axe on champions.

Dunno about whatever a falcion is.
>>
Thoughts on what I should make for a Death Guard list?

I've got the Dark Imperium DG half two times and 2 sets of the 3 man marines.

I'm thinking something like:

Lord of Contagion
Malignant Plaguecaster

7 Plague Marines with 2 Blight Launcher, Champion with Fist and Plasma Gun
7 Plague Marines with 2 Plasma Gun, Champion with Fist and Plasma Gun

20 Poxwalkers
20 Poxwalkers

Bloat Drone

I've ordered 3 Death Shroud too, which I hope to use with the Lord of Contagion and terminator bomb.
>>
File: Death Guard - 1500pts.jpg (435KB, 1800x1790px) Image search: [Google]
Death Guard - 1500pts.jpg
435KB, 1800x1790px
I have this 1500 points list, tell me how is it
>>
>>55431198
honestly there is little reason to use a lord of contagion instead of typhus
>>
>>55430736
ah i see.
>>
>>55431273
I am a stickler for Wizzy Wig and don't own him yet.

Also I'm really conflicted about him. I wanna terminator bomb, yet that means he can't babysit some poxwalkers. If he babysits poxwalkers he doesn't do much in the game.
>>
>>55431316
that's another thing, poxwalkers seem fucking useless without the buff from typhus
>>
>>55431334
I know. I've got 40 of them and they feel kinda bad.

6 points for them is too much IMO. Cultists are 4 points each. And Plaguebearers are 1 point more, but are faster, more survivable and don't need buffs to be useful.
>>
>>55431348
I don't think nobody would shit on you for using the poxwalkers as plaguebearers proxies
>>
What are the best Anti Tank options for Space Marines, I usually bring lascannons but are Multi-Meltas better. I'm not sure about bringing them because of the range difference, but is it worth bringing them instead? Are there other units I should look into getting as well? What about Multi-Meltas on Dreadnoughts?
>>
>>55431486
not space marine, but as a chaos player I can tell that a predator with 4 lasscannons (2 normals, one twin) is a beast of a tank buster. Meltas are terrifying, true, but I think that the range difference makes killing the tanks faster because more shit raining them sooner means more wounds lost and less combat capacity

Missile launchers are interesting. Lasscannons eat tanks for breakfast but are useless against anything else while missile launchers can still work against other opponents like infantry
>>
>>55429497
Regarding my Genestealer Cults then. what would be the best troop option? Three dirt cheap (probably with Mining Lasers to hold an objective and have a bit of firepower) squads of Neophytes then Genestealers, two Patriarchs, metamorphs, aberrants, Sentinels, and the Leman Russ and just charge down the board? Or use ambush?
>>
>>55431547
Alright, Thanks, my army is pretty much entirely infantry so I'm sure a Predator will help a lot. What about TH/SS Termies?
>>
>>55431603
>What about TH/SS Termies?
I'm afraid I can't help you there
>>
>>55431731
Right, forgot Chaos can't take those. I heard they wreck shit, but I'm not sure how they fare against Leman Russes and the like.
>>
So how do I play against thousand sons as deathwatch, other than buying conscripts or stormravens? Rubrics in cover are near impossible to move with bolters, even with reroll failed hits and wounding on 2.

Should I take combi plasma/combi melta on all my non frag cannon guys?
>>
>>55429497
Regarding Ballistari, they're the cheapest Lascannons I can field, and are survivable and nimble enough to reach whatever I need to. They don't get consistent kills, but I park them with a Dominus near the Onagers for repair works and rerolls of 1.

They do enough damage and are a great psychological target, especially to keep my Kastelan's relatively safe.
>>
>>55387634
>waves of hotshots
my acquaintance of african origin
>>
>>55393103
>>55431253
These lists are aesthethic. How do you make these ?
>>
>>55431826
Don't even bother with the frag cannons. The best DW list I've seen was 2 watchmasters, 5 squads of pure combiplas in assault cannon razorbacks, and a melee squad in a flyer.
>>
File: T2.png (87KB, 676x1799px) Image search: [Google]
T2.png
87KB, 676x1799px
Updated
>>
>>55432199
You say they're nimble and say you park them near the (slow!) Dominus in the same post. Which is it?
>>
>>55433771
I park them near the Dominus unless/until there's an enemy I need to hunt down or avoid. With their lascannon range it doesn't come up often, but I appreciate their mobility than the Onagers. If something comes to me, more often than not the Dominus and infantry are a sturdy enough speed bump.
>>
>>55431552
I still don't think you need troops in that army except as units so you can ambush the 'stealers and patriarchs. You'll want Neophytes in Goliaths, with as much long-ranged firepower as possible (Mining laser + heavy weapons team) to sit in the back and annoy things, then the heavy hitters of your list to ambush. Add the russ if you must, I guess; I've yet to be impressed by it.
>>
>>55426506
Destroyers are among the most overcosted units in the dex, flayed ones being at the top of that list. They just have too few wounds per model and a meager armor save, they will NEVER make their points back in a game
Thread posts: 242
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.