[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SS13: Poultry Genocide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 305
Thread images: 44

File: ss13-chickenradiation.png (302KB, 1688x1036px) Image search: [Google]
ss13-chickenradiation.png
302KB, 1688x1036px
byond://76.16.8.127:28014
or
byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014

BYOND Download link: http://www.byond.com/download/

To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP above. Click "Ok".
Welcome to d20Station, a rule light, low moderation server filled with custom content.

>ADMINS WHERE IS D20 WIKI I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO ANYTHING!

wiki located at
>http://robustvinyl.com/ss13/wiki/
Currently sorely in need of content.

>What the fuck is Space Station 13

A top down atmospherics simulator with a "whodunit" on top. Survive in the station and do your department's job, while fixing the problems that the antagonists cause.

>How the fuck do I play this game? I keep hitting myself with things.

Use OOC and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC.

>Hey /tg/ station I...

are a separate entity from /tg/ station, we just host our threads on /tg/ as the server was made by fa/tg/uys for elegan/tg/entlemen.
We occasionally run Dorfstation mode, a roundtype where the crew must build up from a bare-bones station. Dorf will be run less often then usual, probably on the first and/or last of every month now. Dorf is ran on a separate server, found at byond://76.16.8.127:28020

>How is this station different from [station]?

Our changelog is recorded at http://d20station.ddns.net/changelog.html, and we try to keep it up to date as much as posible. The changelog has been cleaned up to show changes starting from the base code of the /nt/ branch.
Code branch from NT (also named d20Station) is updated a few times every week with fixes and new content.
If you have a bug, contact an admin in-game or on the thread to report it.
Note: This is NOT SS13 general.
>>
>>44936829
Wait shit dident notice we had changed threads
>>44937721
>>44937743
>>44937761
>>
File: 1451927667284.jpg (847KB, 2500x1723px) Image search: [Google]
1451927667284.jpg
847KB, 2500x1723px
>>44937784
being a captain is about doing things reliably that the normal crew can't
generally speaking if you try to elevate yourself above the crew because you're a head/sec role they'll not like you for it. This is why I usually don't wear the red security uniform and shed the HoS coat so I can level with the commoners.
>>
>>44937887
This seems like mostly solid advice
>>
File: Captain-Obvious-HotelsCom.jpg (28KB, 618x357px) Image search: [Google]
Captain-Obvious-HotelsCom.jpg
28KB, 618x357px
>>44937887
I think the last time I had a good round as captain was the time I assigned engineering to built me a private bathroom on the bridge (pre-captain office existing)
it basically resulted in most of cargo maint being turned into a poop jettisoning disposal machine and the bridge being blocked off with vending machines so I couldnt get out while the crew partied and neglected their duties.

that was a good round.

I really wish more people would play captain and security so people wouldn't feel like its the norm to have stolen full access and believe it's an ok thing to rush the bridge 2 minutes into the round
>>
>>44937887
This seems like mostly solid advice
>>
>>44938076
Ah fuck acidentily posted that twice
>>
>>44937887
I always find it funny when people try to pull rank as an excuse or a reason for something, because they're almost always new.
>Doesn't matter, I am the CMO, I rank higher above all of you, so you do what I say
>Yes I only just joined but you are in my department I am the CE I don't give a shit if you were setting up the engine I am going to murder you
>What do you mean admin I am captain this is my station and my crew no one will care if I murder a handful or two of them

>>44938023
I tend to smack people upside the head when they tell me, but a number of people have told me that at this point they just have an automatic distrust of heads, because they often join up and try to take control without caring what the situation was before, or just join in to grief.
Doesn't help that this keeps happening, as well as players joining up as heads just to easily explore the station because they're new.
>HOS joins up, asks what LEERP is
>Learning that this is in fact not an actual HRP server, they bid their farewell and disconnect
>>
>>44939079
>joining on this anarchistic hellhole as any kind of head that isnt RD or CMO

its like you want to get robusted for your coat.
>>
>>44939298
Well since Slare isn't around anymore you should actually be fine for the most part
>>
>>44939298
>>44939321
>not installing anti greytide spiders around your department
>>
>>44939346
lolf please
>>
>>44938023
>I really wish more people would play captain and security
I get the feeling most people avoid sec because there's a big of a unspoken thing that officers are fun sponges when they do their job right and get lynched for the slightest mistake.
>>
>>44939346
Macho or Tresh
>>
File: ArwhglC.jpg (11KB, 484x139px) Image search: [Google]
ArwhglC.jpg
11KB, 484x139px
>>44939445
>>
>>44939570
OH YEAH
>>
File: 1446000307006.jpg (52KB, 500x410px) Image search: [Google]
1446000307006.jpg
52KB, 500x410px
>>44939570
>he cracks open a slim jim and lives
Captcha
>sandwiches, theres a hotdog choose sandwiches. Not all answers have been chosen. Click hotdog. Verified.
>>
Any ways to make the tiles and props not look like shit
>>
>>44939929
Are you a player or a sprite artist? This is important information here.
>>
>>44939977
both
>>
>>44939987
In that case, is the problem that you think that the sprites look shit on here, or that you think your sprites are shit?
>>
>>44939929
It looks like shit because this is several years of different ammateur artists all doing different things from different perspectives.
>>44939987
Well if you'll make something to show us your skill I'll var-edit it into the round and see how it looks and then we'll go from there.
>>
>>44938023
So far I've played sec once and it was...something all right, although that was mostly stemming from Emiko wanting sec to have living prisoners for once escalating into something I still feel kinda bad about.
>>
How often is there a SS13 thread that isn't this one?

On an unrelated note, why is pAI so fun and why does nobody touch them in rounds? Nobody ever knows a pAI is available unless it is said over OOC, but some people consider this IC in OOC.
>>
File: 1448523294134.jpg (18KB, 463x347px) Image search: [Google]
1448523294134.jpg
18KB, 463x347px
>>44940080
pAIs are great for large servers with no respawn since it lets people have a chance at interacting with the game again. On a server with respawns you can just come back in the game as a person with hands instead of needing to be carried around by someone.

there's very rarely a ss13 related thread on /tg/, sometimes /v/ has them but luckily a lot of the people on /v/ only talk about /tg/ and /vg/'s servers
>>44939987
countless spriters doing countless different things which is why a lot of perspectives on objects are skewed like chairs and walls
if you think you can make good sprites you can talk to someone (read: probably emiko/chowder mcauthror) in the game and they can either hit you up on steam or you can just talk it out ooc
>>
>>44940148
I rarely use pAI as a mid-round semi-respawn. I actually just love playing as one. I love playing Cyborgs and the such, but I never end up doing much interaction because I'm generally fucking off, using the logic that we aren't forced to follow our laws like an AI is (since we aren't restricted to following those laws at risk of ban, the risk for not following coded laws is roboticists blowing us), and end up just doing my own thing, but as a pAI I am generally forced around somebody, which means I don't have to actually approach people and hope they aren't psychos who will toolbox me to death for suspicion I'm a traitor trying to lure them out for murderous alone time.

...and now I have the idea of a character who decided to rid themselves completely of that squishy body for the far superior metal one... but is pretty much a glorified assistant otherwise.

No clue why other people don't play them as they are: people with robot bodies. They always play them as soulless machines.

Then again, on this logic, you could also ignore the AI when it is Malf, but that would be badwrongfun and get you banned, likely.
>>
>>44940322

> but I never end up doing much interaction because I'm generally fucking off, using the logic that we aren't forced to follow our laws like an AI is (since we aren't restricted to following those laws at risk of ban, the risk for not following coded laws is roboticists blowing us)

Not sure where you got that impression friend, but if you're playing a silicon you'd better be following your laws regardless of whether you're an AI or a borg. By all means have a personality, but saying "I have a human brain therefore my laws don't apply" won't go down well.
>>
Props to Nigga. The best pAI I have ever had.
>>
thread saving bump
>>
File: toxins research 2.jpg (87KB, 606x586px) Image search: [Google]
toxins research 2.jpg
87KB, 606x586px
>>44940322
you should follow your laws all the time not just because you think AI players get banned more often

AI players just get banned more often because people pick AI more often and then get bored sitting in their cold AI sat and start shocking doors
>>
>>44940322
if you didn't want to play by a set of rules, why pick the electronic robot with a set of rules

everyone's allowed to play the robot like a human, but they're still slaved to text telling them what to do no matter what the personality is
>>
>Tfw trapped in brig for better half of round
Atleast I beat Orion Trail!
>>
File: 1453451814891.png (238KB, 1688x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1453451814891.png
238KB, 1688x1036px
For people who asked about the dog thing.
>>
>>44943208
>beating orion trail
>not buying monkey with a coin
>>
WAAAAAAH I GOT BORG RAPED WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>44943512
Tattle tale
>>
Why is science always so xenophobic?
>>
>>44944869
because they're damn near always the targets for griffing

>le science is oh pee meme
>>
>>44945023
implying they are not robo rapers
>>
>>44939346
But I play captain I'm always on patrol around the station
>>
tuypos guide to captain on d20 and also some of it may help with other stations

>pretend not to see the autolathe in science the first time you go in there but tell science you they better hope you dont see it on your next walkthrough
>if theres a bartender have at least 1 drink at the bar it makes you seem more human even if the bartender is the only one to know
>ask for a drink with a certain ingredient rather then a specific drink it shows the bartender that you think he knows what he is doing
>pizza is a great motivator (on goon a pay rise is an even better motivator)
>if you latejoin nobody is going to return your fancy recharging gun to you but you do have a good chance of getting your spare back
>still ask for the gun though
>dont push the spare issue to much and the gun issue even less people will think your power hungry otherwise
>if lee is being shitcurity stand up to him no matter what it takes
>never let lee near sec barricades
>dont even try to round up all the guns after you distribute them for a carp attack or something i learnt this one after a lot of time in both sec and the captains chair all you will do is make people hate you

basicly people dont want to respect you and your authority you have to balance making them like you with making them act like decent spacemen the pizza one works on any server though.
>>
How many antags are there? This server never had so much random murder and shit before.
>>
>>44946064
>building an autolathe is bad wrong
only incorrect idea in this list
>>
>>44946064
>if lee is being shitcurity stand up to him no matter what it takes
>never let lee near sec barricades
local hero overthrows tyranical bully for setting up barricades in sec maint
station saved
just kidding i'd ask you to kill yourself but i did that for you when you where captain because you are shit
>>
>>44946090
pretty sure either lily or gideon are traitors, considering how they're holed up, paranoid, and nothing's happened

>>44946187
>sec killing captain for exerting authority
i'm guessing you blocked science's chance at avoiding radiation and patted yourself on the back for being eckstra saykure
>>
>>44946271
nah i was half way through putting a barricade in secs maint door and cargo flap when in walks captain shithead who yelled "t-that could be a f-fire hazard!"
he proceeded to be a total dipshit the entire round ending up in a manhunt which started because i hurt his feelings for backtalking him after enduring a round of him doing nothing but bitching
and he got his shit kicked in
surely you saw the thred or two in which we argued?
he is only bringing it up again because he knows i cant handle the bantz
>>
>>44946353
this is news to me and honestly the first time i've seen you not starting the problem desu

what's his side on this
>>
>>44946064
Who hands out guns for carp? Spiders, sure, but carp? Also I don't see how going out to get your spare and gun back are shitty. They're both high value items that explicitly belong to the captain and are dangerous for anyone of nefarious allegiance to have. Especially since theres like a 90% chance the person with those things is Rusty.
>>
File: ye.jpg (2KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
ye.jpg
2KB, 125x121px
So.. If you shoot a syringe filled with aluminum into a beaker filled with plasma and sulphuric acid will the syringe inject into the mixture and create a napalm explosion? Or will it just tink off and fall on the ground.
>>
>>44946421
sorry im currently learning how to bantz i cannot adequately reply to this post at this time thank you for your cooperation
besides im sure he will give you a totally accurate not biased point of view after all im sure he had a perfectly good explanation for being a giant fucking retard
i also never start shit people just whine when they shittalk and it doesn't go their way
>>
>>44946499
uhuh
>>
>>44946353
What I don't get is why you always complained about middle managment there was no hos so you could look at it as either I'm hos or your hos in both cases its literely my job to manage you
>>
File: 1452011588047.jpg (205KB, 625x414px) Image search: [Google]
1452011588047.jpg
205KB, 625x414px
>>44945023
science is overpowered as shit though
leave science alone for 30 minutes and if they have the mindset they'll have a very high advantage over you in terms of brute strength as well as logistical if they decide to make machines
>>44946481
syringes are for real human beans
you can potentially force your target to ingest a plasma/sulfuric acid pill and then shoot them with an aluminium filled syringe from a distance to cause the reaction through
>>44946064
here's a better guide
>don't stick your face in another department's buisiness unless they have no staff and need you to do their job or they're being dangerous to the station/its crew (retard engineers setting up a sing and clearly having no clue on how to do it right, cargo ordering tons of weapons for their own use, science getting dangerous with xeno/combat mechs, service personnel murdering people)
>don't be overbearing when you interact with crew
>if you notice your spare or equipment is missing don't make a scene about it, use the scanner to see if you can pin down who did it without saying anything, and if not you'll probably find it on someone later when you search them. You didn't need your spare, hardsuit, or recharging shitter cannon anyways. You already have all access to guns and space suits.
>help crew where-ever possible, making an ally in a crew member may be as easy as bringing the botanist some tools to move his trays around or helping the bartender redecorate
>>
>>44947178
>fill a rapid fire syringe gun with alternating amounts of water and potassium
>enjoy your Needler
>>
>>44946443
Oh its not that getting your stuff back is a bad idea its that the crew will hate you for it

A huge part of being captain on d20 is avoiding mutiny

Oh shit I have been bullied into submission that is only sometimes my fetish

I still have a long way to go in my captains skills I hope to learn more tricks for getting the crew to behave well to be honest the best word is to behave without them noticing you are doing it

Although in my opinion the captains main job is resolving disputes between the crew (although if there's a hop he can handle most of those its even more his job then the captain)

I have some more to say on the matter of captincy but the road to work has no signel and I will only have time to post this post when I get there before I have to start work

I like to think I'm a good captain but I still have a long way to go the hardest part of captain is that more then maybe any other job how to do it well really depends on server
>>
>>44947178
Why don't you just remove the unfixable parts of science then? I only hear terrible things about xenobio, and all the fucking weapons R&D can make.
Also reverting the robotics fab back to it's old one tile icon when? The current one looks like ass and has no reason being two tiles long and it just makes things look terrible.
>>
>>44947178
What i want to know is there a way for me to shoot like a drop of some chemical to a beaker a few blocks away? Also did not think huemenz could be used for remote chemical creation. But Im thiking along the lines of how do I make napalm from far away without consuming my office in flames.
>>
File: 4chan.png (82KB, 727x252px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.png
82KB, 727x252px
>>44947775
A) we're not going to remove science in its entirety
B) science isn't 'unfixable', but it would definitely be an undertaking to fix it (which is why nobody's done much about it yet)
C) xeno isn't that bad, and to be honest just needs less RNG to slimes, like a proper genetics system, a way to capture mobs (i was working on something waaaaaay back) and a reason to capture mobs
>>
Do you get to Engineering 3 by researching a ton of 2s?

rip powersyringes
>>
>>44948017
Here. So if i use smoke in a grenade can i combine it with some form of healing to make healing gas or anything like that?
>>
>>44948462
yes
>>
>>44948018
But why though, except for a few elitists, everyone complains about how OP and easy it is, and if no one's willing to fix it then why bother keeping it in if it's so utterly broken? People keep saying it's shit but no one has touched it in ages.
>>
>>44948017
Try one of those cryo beakers, or a grenade with 2 beakers (carefully seperate the reacting elements between the beakers)
>>
>>44948792
>elitists
hue
>and if no one's willing to fix it
nigger, if you're saying that, you're clearly talking out of your ass and don't actually know why nobody will overhaul it.
The code is a horrifying, damn near incomprehensible clusterfuck of ancient code, made by hundreds of different people, most of which had no fucking clue of what they were doing

if you want to fix science, go right the fuck ahead, and when you run screaming from it, you will understand why all the admins are deciding not to practice masochism
>>
>>44948950
I can't fix it, I don't know how to code.
But I'm tired of people like >>44947178, who do know how to code, refusing to do a single thing about it, except bring up the fact that it's OP and shit whenever it gets mentioned.
>>
Man sometimes there are rounds where you mime and everyone seems to understand you, it's glorious.
>>
>Participating in xeno experiments
>Die in some weird accident. Don't even know what happened myself
>Scientists get back
>"Probably just checking shit out. Being a slime is cool, Y'know?
Sadness.
>>
File: 1439763409198.png (224KB, 684x705px) Image search: [Google]
1439763409198.png
224KB, 684x705px
>>44949501
>People keep saying it's shit but no one has touched it in ages.
because I code in my free time and I have no desire to undertake a huge fucking project to fix a half baked system that I have no good ideas on how to fix, thus turning it into a new, probably even worse half baked system than it was to begin with. research doesn't interest me that much save telescience and i'd rather be working on other shit

it's not an easy fix and it would take hours and hours of coding and I am not at all interested in even trying to unfuck it, the best i'm going to do is stop it from getting worse
imagine that you knew how to code and someone asked you to put in twenty hours of actively coding and shit to put in a new research system and all you get for it is a pat on the back and a bunch of people complaining that they like the old system better
>>
File: batou.jpg (22KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
batou.jpg
22KB, 640x352px
>>44949501
but hes objectively wrong, the spread in strength is quite likely the best it's been in a long time.

medical has chemistry genetics or augments, engineering can destroy the entire station with a few swings of a wrench, and cargo can do anything any other department can do given enough time, and then some.
science relies on having materials to make any of the very strong things, which relies on cargo working with them, or otherwise stealing suits and mining tools, as science is the only department that does not have suits by default.
even the civilian departments are very strong now, since botany can grow extremely strong nettles along side all those chemical filled super plants, and the bartender can drop someone pretty damn hard with his double barrel and beanbags that he starts with, then finish off with a liquor bottle and a lighter.

really aside from the clown mime and chaplain, all of which are by no means weak in the first place, security is likely the lowest powered overall if not for departmental sec being able to use features of their departments.
Even though security has the armory, even security has to break into it if they don't have a head with access to it.
>>
After a game goes on for 4 hours I begin to wonder what the fuck the antags are even doing.
>>
File: 1448328389247.png (161KB, 438x335px) Image search: [Google]
1448328389247.png
161KB, 438x335px
>>44952212
Science and blow with the clown.
>>
>>44951293

Honestly though no department can compete with science if science looted all the ion guns from the armory (a common occurrence), built themselves a few combat mechs and loaded up on guns. The fact that all these things happen reliably every time someone who isn't Emiko is playing science just proves that people like to play the role because it is so ez pz to score robust weapons and armor via RnD.

Normally the lack of minerals is what's supposed to balance Research out with the other departments, but science just breaks into cargo/gets all access legitimately or illegitimately to go mine anyways. That is, assuming there isn't a cargo tech who is far too nice for his own good and willing to mine for them even though it always ends up with science arming up and not sharing a damn thing for it. Not that the things cargo usually would get, like diamond drills or whatever, are even worth it by the point science can produce those things, since the entire purpose of mining is to supply science with minerals but if science can make diamond drills they won't need any more minerals.

I just hate it.
>>
>>44952626

Come up with some real arguments other than 'm-m-muh science players are jerks! waaaah!' and maybe someone would take you seriously, retard
>>
>>44952812

The problem isn't that science players tend to be powergamers and yes, circlejerky and cliquey to be quite honest, the problem is that the role works so well for them and enables them to behave in such a manner.
>>
>>44952889

>cliquey
>waaaah science players have fun together and don't let me into their secret club! Science is overpowered!

Opinion discarded, kill yourself faggot
>>
>>44948792
Because ss13 is a research station
>>
>>44953115

Ostensibly it's as much a research station as vaults in Fallout are actual fallout shelters meant for long term preservation of the human race.
>>
>>44953156
i chuckled
>>
>>44952626
Cargo can order research crates and is closer to bridge and HoP than any other department, making it Science + guaranteed minerals + free unlocking.

Engineering can break into science early round and space any board for machines necessary to R&D, rendering it null.

Medbay has an easy reason to make grenades and those can do fucking anything at this point.

Sec can say science is breaking DA LAWUH and attempt to rally every single other person on the station to raid it, since everyone is a validhunter here when they want to be.

Remember this the next time science decides they're a faction for some reason.
>>
File: 1453494222301.png (25KB, 198x132px) Image search: [Google]
1453494222301.png
25KB, 198x132px
>tfw you look similar enough to the person you are teaching that you can change identities while your sprite is facing north without arousing suspicion
>>
>>44953469
motherfucker, you knew that genetics screen was huge.
>>
Skaven mode when?
>>
>>44953829
Never
>>
ahhhh why do musical instruments lag me so much
>>
>>44954249
Same
>>
Have any of you dreamt of spacemen before?
>>
>>44957335
In my dreams of spessmen everything is on fire and everybody murders save the antag, who goes braindead.

So basically a normal match.
>>
File: what do spacemen dream of.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
what do spacemen dream of.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>44957335
what do spacemen dream of
when they take a little spaceman snooze
do they dream of mauling wizards
or cargotechs wearing a captains suit.
Don't you worry your grey shirted butt
we're gonna get us back a Tyrone
and get fat every mutt.
Then we're make fun of our scapegoat Lee
and we'll bully so hard that he'll start to ree.
Lee, Lee oh Lee, Lee-ie Lee Lee.
But if people quit cause you can't drink from beakers, then we're sh*t outta luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nH9u_kf-Vc
>>
>>44957335
I had one last night.
Was fun.
>>
What did the little spessman do when he got spacesick?
He threw Space-Up.
>>
Anyone have the server link for polaris? their website is broken right now
>>
>>44958472
comrade, you do not want to go to Polaris
it's just a bunch of furries supported by insane admins
You'd have a much better time in ss13 absolutely anywhere else
>>
File: 1453445186309.jpg (263KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
1453445186309.jpg
263KB, 816x612px
>>44952812
>>44952914
no but the top reason anyone plays science is because with some time they have access to some of the widest variety of toys and usually lethal objects.
science's most powerful stuff also only has very few hard counters that are somewhat difficult to get (mechs, bags of holding, augments, all need EMPs in order to can them effectively and quickly, which only three or so ion guns exist and if science is inclined to grab them you'll have to find uranium and metal to rub together and hope it's enough)
even if you can their mecha destroyed they'll usually pop out with a bag full of guns ready to go.

nernums is right that there's a decent spread of power between departments, but science I think has the highest limit barring cargo if cargo wants to get research crates
>>
>Head and Department talk
I used to play captain regularly, back when I had it set to Low priority after getting formally promoted by CentComm. It was awful. It was also a learning experience, but it was awful.
If anything goes wrong, you get blamed. If things go right, you are forgotten. Having authority breeds resentment, but not using it makes you a joke. It's a role plagued by constant B&E and assassination attempts.
A captain needs to walk a lot of fine lines. It's his station, but the crew are ultimately his peers, not subordinates, and should be treated as such.
I only became properly robust after enduring, then being able to turn around, the constant assassination attempts. No better training sometimes than SINK OR SWIM

Though, some of my best rounds were back when Warden was still a job on d20. I enjoyed playing it because I kept the brig and the prisoners both secure against the shittery of the beat cops, without having dangerous authority of the HoS. Between making the brig comfy and keeping up with the sec team's mistakes, it kept me busy.
The best moments were when I got the criminals that were willing to talk (and didn't just scream RAPE). Some damn fine RP in those moments.
I had one man in perma for murder and known syndicate affiliations. I brought him food, and played some cards with him. Brought in his murder victim (now cloned) and the chaplain (praise space Jesus) for counseling. They had been friends before! Got him out on parole after ten or fifteen minutes, with a chloral implant in his head, and strict conditions: no weapons, and he had to call out on the radio when he was moving between areas to alert people- and he followed his terms sure enough. Dude ended up being a second-class assistant, but that whole encounter really made the round for me.
>>
File: 1452307095219.png (361KB, 438x503px) Image search: [Google]
1452307095219.png
361KB, 438x503px
>>44960433
>capture traitor
>find emag/stechkin/syndicate soap on them
>since they didn't have hardly any chance to put up a fight I tell them i'll let them on parole with a chloral implant
>implant them, confiscate gear, let them go
>three minutes later they've broken into the armory and are trying to kill me
>walk over to console and spam the implant button
>falls over dead
such is life
>>
>>44961863
Some people are just going to be faggots. Nothing to do but give them their second chance, and kill them when they waste it.
>>
lee save us, you are our only hope

how was the magic tournament
>>
>>44963178
>implying he won't get cucked on immediately
:^)
>>
>>44963178
i lost because my ally deck is shit
ill save you soon bb
>>44963290
>implying i wont sign on as hos and stun/kill/perma your body and get away with it because everyone hates you
>>
>>44963558
>implying I wont mugbolas and cable cuff you first before locking you in glass with cuck written around you
>>
File: 1452911674849.png (6KB, 343x543px) Image search: [Google]
1452911674849.png
6KB, 343x543px
>>44957335
yes.
too often
>>
>>44937887
>generally speaking if you try to elevate yourself above the crew because you're a head/sec role they'll not like you for it.
Indeed.

>>44946164
>>building an autolathe is bad wrong
>only incorrect idea in this list
Agreed, why punish Science for building a Machine that helps them do more Science?
>>
>>44964829
>lets give science the ability to make ammo for the weapons they can access now due to flare guns and emp shots
>>
>>44965014
That's ammolathe, not autolathe.
>>
>>44965014
>>44965120
>That's ammolathe, not autolathe.
Yeah, an Ammolathe would be an issue, but an Autolathe not so much,,,
>>
>>44965120
>implying they wont make flare guns and hide the ammolathe somewhere and proceed to make guns
>>
>>44965187
Well that's science for ya
>>
>>44965306
When around science, never relax
>>
>>44965187
Going to do an armed raid of Cargo for storing an ammo and guns cache on the asteroid, too?
>>
>>44965360
>implying cargo and science havent already teamed up
>>
File: Dontletthempushyouaround.png (66KB, 737x460px) Image search: [Google]
Dontletthempushyouaround.png
66KB, 737x460px
>>44965331
Around science, have defiance.
>>
Anyone know of a server that averages 40 or so players a round? the 70 that /tg/ gets is just too much
>>
>>44965552
/vg/ had a respectable population, but I don't know the counts
>>
Could someone make cardboard mecha skins?
>>
>>44965822
>tfw me a nd lily rused all those people
>>
>>44965528
Defy these lasers, bic.
>>
>>44965014
Ok so first off, an autolathe, that's actually standard for starting machines in the R&D lab on many servers.
Actually you really need the autolathe, since it can make console screens, the only machine in the game that can. Unlike consoles that just need two glass sheets, many machines require one or more console screens.
Second off, the ability to make ammunition was moved to the ammolathe, solely because of mezzo's change to make lockboxes openable by EMPs. Even then, you need to do research and sync the ammolathe to the R&D server to download the ability to make EMP shells.
Third off, flare guns come in lock boxes, and EMP shells need to be made in an ammolahte, you can't make ammo from the protolathe anymore.
And if you really think science is hiding an ammolathe somewhere, the server control console shows the name and location of all individual machines on the station at that time that can be synced (ammolathe is on that).
Don't just go in and erase everything on the console and the server though if you're near science and are in the mood to be a shit because after a few times that'd fall under Rule 3, Don't be a fag.
>>
>>44968157
Hey, that's my pen name!
>>
>not home this weekend
>try to play spessmen on a shitty laptop with a shitty connection
This is suffering.
>>
>>44968338
>flare guns come in lock boxes
That's new. People were really abusing the things, huh?
>>
File: bb.jpg (851KB, 2272x2272px) Image search: [Google]
bb.jpg
851KB, 2272x2272px
This is what you get when you give lily a mecha RCD with nuke cell.
And when the nerds meet up for some great plans.
>>
>>44969068
Giving Lily anything ever leads to a bad time
>>
>>44969068
>>44969113
formally requesting to buy her
the dorf army needs willing workers
>>
>>44969068
I thought that was DorfStation for a moment
>>
Rip server
>>
File: 1453580678385.jpg (7KB, 158x152px) Image search: [Google]
1453580678385.jpg
7KB, 158x152px
>>44969068
>fulltile windows
you had a chance and you blew it
>>
>>44969146
>willing workers
>lily
>>
>>44969280
Blame eris,not me
>making windows with rcd
>>
>>44969068
You can see me over in mechbay yelling at a braindead borg. That round was hilariously fun.
>>
Where does everyone play when this server is lagshit?
>>
>>44969418
On the server and deal with it.

Or go play real games I guess
>>
>>44969280
>>44969353
>tfw no idea how to fully repair windows and escape outside of hand tele
alt+click and then touching the floor might work
>>
>>44969437
This is a real game if you actually try to run the station
>>
>>44968533
>New
It's been like this for months.
And yes, it's like engineers with stun gloves. It's the best thing you can make, and you can make it while doing research, so you don't have to go out and make a bunch of ghetto weapons like a greytider wearing a labcoat.
>>44969229
>Tell people it's the connection, not the things they're doing in-game that's making it bad
>They start a vote to restart anyways
>Go and kill dream deamon and start it back up
>It's worse than before
>>
>>44969462
Jokes on you, I actually do try to run the station. The real games line was a joke, although in retrospect not a really good one.
One of my best RD experiences honestly
>>
>>44969508
But seriously, when it gets laggy everyone flees and the station empties.. where do they gooooo?
>>
>>44940829
Someone never read Asimov...
>>
>>44969608
Most play other games I guess
>>
>>44969685
That sucks
>>
>>44969658
>>44940829
The best times you can have as a silicon tend to come from people changing or fucking with your laws, and having to deal with interpretations of it.

Silicon has become a lot more fun since asiimov isnt the default, and now will randomly be capitalist or paladin(or others?). Capitalist has a lot of wiggle room because while it lists in what order things are expensive, it doesn't give them a numerical value. If there's a confirmed killer around, is it better to lock them inside a place where they might damage equipment(expensive) or let them roam free but potentially kill more lives(also expensive). Since there is no numerical value, it's all about how you interpret the values.

People changing your laws as a silicon is usually pretty interesting, since it gives you interpretation room.
>>
>>44957793
do cyborgs dream of electric carp

thats a thing we should have electric carp
>>
>>44969970
shut the fuck up lee
do you want stun carp
because that is how you get stun carp
>>
>>44960433
wait we used to have a warden

that sounds awesome it would allow me to play a sec roll properly without having to deal with our shitty sec policys

and its allways fun as warden to tell the hop to get the fuck out of the armory.
>>
>>44963178
not lee but i had a good time at fnm
i went 1/3 my win was because i got a bye

i really need to adjust my deck with a way to deal with flyers still i did well i dident win any matches but won a few games and what i did loose was general a close game.
>>
>>44970074
Lee is best sec

He can beat my ass into submission any day
>>
>>44946164
oh shit i meant to say ammolathe sorry

of course they can have an autolathe
>>
>>44970171
Go away lee
>>
>>44969960
i dont know why they cant be robocop

although this server seems to hate it for some reason its really just paladin with more focus
>>
>>44970293
If only, if only
>>
>>44970063
im not lee im tuypo
>>
>>44970171
Lee is perma-happy. That's not a good thing. I don't know how extreme he is in his timed bring sentences.

>>44970313
I've never seen the robocop laws, so I've got no clue.
>>
>>44970171
>people still pretend to be me when im not here
thats how my fnm thing went too i died to flyers aswell maybe you are me
>>44970293
people still reply
im sprooting a cardboard mech sproot
>>44970337
anyone who says cuck then resists arrest and acts like a little nerd gets bullied no exceptions
>you didint even know there was tools in perma
>>
>>44970387
I've been thrown into perma twice, both times by you I should add, and I've never observed someone breaking out. It sure doesn't seem obvious to me that there would be tools in there.
>>
>>44970387
>>44970440
mezzo said something in deadchat about perma, basically yes while it's more harmful to let them on parole or throw them into space with a suit and oxygen, you make the round story more interesting that way.
>>
>>44970440
>he lacks situation awareness
>he somehow made the same mistake twice
>he thinks getting thrown in perma twice is alot
listen i only perma who meme at me IC and actual legitimate shitters and the goodmins can confirm
the tools are under stuff in the brig just right click until you collect them or you could always slip someone on the soap OR get a monkey dna injector and escape through the vents
>>
>>44970533
I'm glad the tools are in there, because mezzo is right it does make a lot better stories.

>>44970545
I know that being permad twice is not a lot, I'm saying that is why I didnt know about the tools, because I've only been inside of it rarely on the criminal side. I popped into observe mode and say where the tools are, and will be more useful in future rounds.

Do you lock down the brig so that those permad can escape unseen, or just to make it more difficult to escape through the doors. I can see it going either way.
>>
>>44970675
>Do you lock down the brig so that those permad can escape unseen, or just to make it more difficult to escape through the doors. I can see it going either way.
yes
>>
>>44970545
>admins tell you every time to stop being a meming faglord and putting people in perma for verbal slights
>you want them to back you up for doing so
i only kill [name] when he's doing something i don't like which is every round
i got perma'd for this once but the GOODMINZ are totally on my side here
>>
>this lag
It's like I'm playing spessmen by mail.
>>
Lee needs to be sec every round

Because most rounds there is no sec

Then science/cargo secedes
>>
>>44971947
>>44971947
i dont play as sec every round for a reason
brutal efficiency is fun for neither them or me
and if departments start doing the whole nations thing thats fine ill just dub myself the U.N and anyone who breaks international law is a nigger and gets treated as such
>>
>>44972072
But without sec people abuse the shit outta stuff. It's rare to find a non-sec round in which someone isn't busting into a random department to steal some weapon or object or just to fuck around.
>>
>>44973211
all it takes for evil men to prevail is for good men to do nothing
the only person who can save you is you and when you stop a bad man from doing a bad thing there is no victim only two criminals
>>
>>44973328
>>44973211
correction when you FAIL to stop a bad man
>>
>>44973363
Jokes on you nerd, there is no such thing as doing good, you're always a criminal
>>
ADMINS ARE ASLEEP ON STATION CAUSE MISCHIEF
>>
>>44973474
Only you're a criminal
>>
File: 1446832366328.gif (3MB, 920x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446832366328.gif
3MB, 920x720px
>>44973530
I always cause mischief,be it admins on or not.
>>
>same guy playing RD every round
>hasn't once set up the R&D network
>>
>>44976958
I haven't seen an RD on all day so this is probably on another server.
I'd recommend complaining to the higher ups (not the admins, like the captain or HOP) but in my experience they tend not to give a shit until the RD does something stupid like releases slimes.
>>
>>44969481
>And yes, it's like engineers with stun gloves. It's the best thing you can make, and you can make it while doing research, so you don't have to go out and make a bunch of ghetto weapons like a greytider wearing a labcoat.
But can't you find one in any Emergency Tool box?
>>
>>44977858
the point was that you'd be hard pressed to find an engineer who didn't have the easy-to-make stun gloves on him.
And no, it's not "Any emergency tool box". First off, they have a chance to contain them, it's not set in stone. Second off, O2 lockers themselves are randomized. So you can't rely on getting one unless the map has an ass ton of lockers.
>>
so much lag lately makes me think telstra might not be that bad after all
>>
>>44978955
Lag has become common for this server the past few weeks
>>
>>44979494
indeed
>>
>>44979534
fucking comcast
>>
>>44979670
yeah, fuck comcast, but if this lag continues from now on then the server might get ded
>>
man this is a lot of lag
>>
Top bantz, Harry.
Your god remains false.
>>
>>44980663
If I made a pAI directive say it's human, would it believe it?
>>
>>44980770
probably not unlike an ai or borg laws a directive is more of a suggestion about what goals to focus on

he would probably just pretend he thought he was one.
>>
So what is d20station like?
>>
>>44981636
It can be amazing and fun

Or it can be laggy as shit

Or it can be murderbone

It really depends who's playing. Some players are great, others are assholes
>>
>>44981636
Also, the server is near empty for a large portion of the day.
>>
>>44981636
pretty good we have a shitty sec policy but we are otherwise great

although now is a bad time to start as we have been having huge lag problems the last week or so normaly we are one of the least laggy servers
>>
>>44981782
(like any fucking ss13 ever)
>>
>>44981903
Yeah, but I think if this server was more active a lot of that shit wouldn't happen.

For example, a lot of the time there's no captain or even sec. People do whatever they want.. which can be fine, but can also be pretty bad.
>>
>>44981812
>shitty sec policy

Oh god what?
>>
>>44981964
mostly related to how bad things have to get before secs allowed to kill something it makes sense that you should take people alive if possible but the administrations idea of when its no longer safe to do so is a bit off.
>>
>>44982000
That's not bad.. without lawyers and detectives it's really necessary to prevent innocent deaths.

Besides, apparently permabrig isn't hard to bust out of.
>>
>>44982000
most of the tme i play there is no security and the crew shoves potential traitors/shitters into the gibber.

securitys current job is to keep the all access chaplain out of the armory and get drunk in the bar
>>
>>44982017
im saying that sec is expected to try and stun even when its no longer safe for them to do so.

mostly related to people fucking around in chemistry.
>>
>>44982021
Chaplain isn't all access. I'm pretty much the only one I've seen play Chaplain and I can't get into anywhere. Lily plays it, too.. sort of. There does need to be more active sec players, though.
>>
>>44982043

Oh my God, are you /still/ bitter about that?
>>
>>44982086
i wouldent say im bitter but its my best example

and i suppose i wasent even talking about that incident specifically i just dont think its safe to engage a skilled chemist on his home turf.
>>
>>44982112
and honestly my big problem there was with the deliberate baiting of newsec more then anything.
>>
>>44982120
honestly it doesent even come up that often mostly because like i said its really only people in chemistry you cant safely engage. So unless you have traitor chemist you can probably play sec fine.
>>
>>44982133
Lee is bestsec. He may not be allowed to kill, but he makes those criminals wish they were dead.
>>
>>44982157
lee is worstsec hes a fire hazard

and while that is the main thing (although admittedly it is pretty pety and minor) i disagree with pretty much every part of his security style.
>>
>>44982157
go away lee
>>
>>44982188
It keeps things interesting. And best of all, it's the goddamn station orderly. You don't have illegal shit go down when Lee is in charge.
>>
So, this lag thing might just be something that'll come and go, but it got me thinking.
What would you guys do if d20 just up and died? I don't think I'd be able to adjust very well. What would the admins do? Would you just go apply somewhere else to continue to code and shit, or would you just become a normal player again?
>>
>>44982082
>Lily plays it, too

Hence the 'all access chaplain' thing, I'd guess.
>>
>>44982329
You mean the "break into everywhere because she doesn't give a shit" thing? That's not exactly all access..
>>
Getting borged was pretty fun. Too bad I had crippling lag.
>>
>>44981964
our 'shitty sec policy' is 'you have exclusive access to the best stun weapons and equipment available to the station, fucking use them you dopes'
there's pretty much no excuse for straight-up killing most criminals and this is why secshitters get assblasted about us

>>44982043
>>44982086
top kek, what's the story behind this
>>
>>44983298
Don't worry, the lag will be solved in.. time
>>
File: 1443401592287.jpg (186KB, 608x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1443401592287.jpg
186KB, 608x1070px
>>44982329
I'd like you to note that the 8 times i was playing chaplain in your viewpoint i only got all access 2-3 times.
And 2 of it was Randy Salvage for sure.
Or you want to bitch about me getting tools and getting the spare on lowpop as an assistant now?
>>
>>44984221
I'm not the guy who made the initial comment by the way. Was just making my guess as to what he was referring to.
>>
>>44984533
I am aware,i wasn't exactly pointing at you but the subject of the converstation.
Or that guy
>>
>>44984618
I sometimes wonder if maybe we should all just tripfag.
>>
>>44984221
Sound salty

Admit it though, you pick chaplain just for the Scrapbook you Homestucl
>>
File: 1451125879078.jpg (37KB, 399x503px) Image search: [Google]
1451125879078.jpg
37KB, 399x503px
>>44984945
Both your points are invalid.
I'm not salty,just tired of your passive-aggressive behavior which you take a bit too open around.
And no,most of the time when i play chaplain i usually take one of the more interesting religions from Star Control which wouldn't fit well with a scrapbook.
If i'd really want it for the scrapbook i'd rather just go to the game room and print bibles till RNGsus will grant me his mercy.
>>
>>44985078
Wat, I wasn't that other poster
>>
>>44983952
I sure hope so. It was making a otherwise fun round at times completely unplayable.
I just wanted to be the helpful little silicon.

I'm unrobust as shit, but it's kind of amusing how much difference there is between being an assistant and a borg. If you're an assistant, people will usually not ask for much help, or just let you do whatever. But when you're a borg, people are much more likely to actually ask you to do stuff. Plus it's fun to have laws.
>>
>>44985976
Unless you're a janitor borg, then you're invisible

>>44985078
>points
>invalid
Hey man I think you're cool
>>
File: story23b.gif (11KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
story23b.gif
11KB, 600x450px
>>44982291
sure as fuck wouldn't go anywhere else
no other server is smooth enough for me and the only reason I probably don't have to deal with retarded and overly-specific coding policies is because we're closed source and only have a few trusted individuals who are good at not fucking everything over able to make changes to code.
when nox went down I just abandoned ss13 for a few months until I came back to try liberty again for a bit, then I was talking to nernums about it and he's like "yeah d20 is a thing" then I was a greytiding nox shitter for a good amount of time before I mellowed out.
>>44982112
so don't??
nobody's saying you have to go and stun everyone at the exact moment you see them, just wait for him to come out
>>
>>44986009
i still get nox people who ask me when im going to make another server
>>
>>44985976
assistants are commonly generalised as shitters and people looking to grab power without the responsibilities around it (muh golden ticket)
by extension, this means that that an assistant isn't going to be approached when somebody needs help because they're just as likely to fuck your shit up
even if this isn't actually the case for most of them

on the other hand, borgs are pretty much forced by their laws to entertain whatever dumb shit you want them to do and have some mystic hammer of justice floating over their heads at all times, ready to strike them down the moment they miss an order or whatever.

tl;dr people hate assistants and trust borgs because borgs have laws
>>
File: 1453510816634.png (23KB, 350x424px) Image search: [Google]
1453510816634.png
23KB, 350x424px
>>44986135
I seriously don't doubt it
thinking about it now everything was tumbling down in the last month that server was up with people bitching about wanting more admins and then the admins promoting new and terrible admins, takara still on rampant shittery, and the line between "okay" and "not okay" on the rules getting fuzzier every minute because regulars on nox were pretty much allowed to do whatever they wanted.
>>
>be assistant
>not a lot to do, try to learn botany
>captain requires my help in the engine
>help him out, captain seems like a nice guy
>only the two of us at the station
>have to go do something else, don't think I'll play any more of the round
>make sure i die a strange death
>go into ghost mode, leave the game on
>get back sooner than expected
>decide to check out how the friendly captain is doing
>arrive just in time to see the bartender weld a naked, braindead captain into a locker
Such is unlife in space.
>>
File: spacemanbench.jpg (24KB, 356x356px) Image search: [Google]
spacemanbench.jpg
24KB, 356x356px
newly put to svn

lighting system overhead and fixes to non-processed areas
fixes to unanchoring various atmos parts not updating their turf
admin messages for logouts edited to say unconcious or dying instead of assuming anyone sleeping is dying
edited the vending machine for chefs tools so people dont need to hack it to make pizza seriously fuck
turf pixel z support for later on though crawling messes with it still looking for fix to that
hungry sounds that i dont remember if i tested oh god
changed drunkenness to dizziness from confusion
performance enhancing drugs such as hyperzine will allow you to click on things faster while under the influence of them
fixed health deficiency not working properly for movement speed
brain damage quotes
wasd now has view support and alt gr will work with alt arrow
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs9Fay4mgsY

text2speech when
>>
>>44986550
>changed drunkenness to dizziness from confusion
Thank god
>>
>>44986908
Oh my god never.
New Eden, an old server that died like two years ago, had that, and it threw so many fucking people off.
Like every round there was at least one person bitching in OOC about how they can't play because "the fuck is with this speech".
There were also more people who spammed comms because "YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" had much more of an impact when you were actually forced to hear it.
>>
>>44986908
>>44987290
But think about all the WGW pissant gets to spam!
>>
>>44987290
we did it on d2 before that as well, but we applied it only to space helmets, it used external plugins and caused runtimes out the ass though for one of the voices.
https://youtu.be/R8LA5z7QXUU?t=2m1s 2 minutes in
>help me
>help the clown is fucking killing me
>help

I've considered doing a better version of vox for the ai and announcement systems that would work similar to the violin, but with only letters, and it would be so bad its good
>>
>>44987432
oh god put these helmets into the mystery box
>>
>>44987720
B-but!
The mystery boxes only contain weapons!
Mystery clothing box when?
>>
>>44987892
I should make a random costume script that picks out a costume from a set of lists,but lazy.
>>
File: 1433038458254.png (419KB, 502x429px) Image search: [Google]
1433038458254.png
419KB, 502x429px
>Unknown has grabbed the Colossal Defiler, Lur'k passively!
the Colossal Defiler, Lur'k slashes Unknown!
>Unknown has grabbed the Colossal Defiler, Lur'k aggressively (now hands)!
>the Colossal Defiler, Lur'k slashes Unknown!
>Unknown has reinforced his grip on the Colossal Defiler, Lur'k (now neck)!
at this point, the rat is moved onto the same tile as him.
it's worth pointing out now that the chances of the rat stomping are greatly increased when it's on the same tile as you
stomping does insane damage to anyone caught directly under it, and knocks away/stuns everyone else around it
>The Colossal Defiler, Lur'k smashes into the reinforced window!
>the Colossal Defiler, Lur'k lifts its foot up, preparing to stomp!
>the Colossal Defiler, Lur'k smashes its foot down, shaking the ground!
>the Colossal Defiler, Lur'k stomps down on Unknown with a horrible 'crack'!
>Gideon Hezekiah is knocked down by the shock!
it then proceeded to stomp on him until he died
ripip
>>
new round get in here fucking flaming faggots
>>
What happened to the Warhammer 40k server? I don't see it on the hub.
>>
Stupid Bootleg-tyrone got my hopes up.
>>
>>44988933
Is kill.
It's better that way!
>>
>>44986009
>nobody's saying you have to go and stun everyone at the exact moment you see them, just wait for him to come out

That could work auctualy
>>
>>44986550
>edited the vending machine for chefs tools so people dont need to hack it to make pizza seriously fuck
Wait that's why we couldn't find a rolling pin.
>>
File: tick figures guide to robust.png (4KB, 295x165px) Image search: [Google]
tick figures guide to robust.png
4KB, 295x165px
>>44989165
setting ambushes and knowing when and when not to fight is a good part of being robust
surprise is a very good ally
>>
>>44987892
That's a good idea we do seem to have a lot of costumes that can't be gained for fear of people getting them every single round
>>
>Attack a scientist as a rev by slipping & nading them
>They manage to beat newbie unrobust me into crit
>Rather than taking me to be implanted or detained she just chooses not to notify security about the ordeal and gibs me

The sad bit was that I was only trying to incapacitate her so headrev could flash her
>>
>>44989251
It's because it's a pretty robust weapon, in reality, like many of the chef's tools.
I Think it does fairly high knockforce, but I can't check at the moment.
>>
>>44989755
Judging by the time you posted this and the that's round going on, I'd guess you're in the wrong place.
>>
Would like some testers to test some things

byond://67.193.62.226:53162
>>
>>44991803
finaly im here for a test server time to boot it up

will this be just as laggy.
>>
>>44991803
10/10
>>
File: saori.jpg (25KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
saori.jpg
25KB, 680x383px
>>44991965
2slow test successful
>>
>>44992091
>>44992104
i came in at the very end what the fuck were we testing anyway i just came in to a bunch of people shooting each other in the bar.
>>
>>44992147
the effects of drugs on your auditory senses
>>
>>44992171
i see.
>>
File: 1451748728990.jpg (64KB, 688x547px) Image search: [Google]
1451748728990.jpg
64KB, 688x547px
>>44991803
>>
>>44987432
>not using ctrl-click to pull
jesus christ, d2 was a different time, wasn't it
>>
>>44989165
that's how anyone should play security
rushing headlong into a room when someone knows that they're about to be attacked is a good way to get rolled if you're not fast enough
suspect someone of a crime?
all you have to do is hide somewhere in the main halls and wait for them to come by, then stun and search. Granted in the case of science or sometimes medbay your suspect won't regularly roam the halls so you might have to carefully reach your way in or force them out somehow, teargas is a good option.
>>
>>44986372
I knew someone was watching. Kek
>>
>>44986009
help make another server because the only other option is vorestation.
>>
Breddy good round

except for the rod beating
>>
>>44997079
i'd also like to add that I couldn't hear because I mixed 50 water and 50 potassium, so when you pointed to the grenades I didn't know you said don't use those, which is when I used those.

I regret nothing
>>
>>44997619
this picture.. there is so much happening at once.. i love it
>>
File: Chaos.jpg (148KB, 809x789px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos.jpg
148KB, 809x789px
>>44997694
>>
>>44997724
this is also great.

>clown in the captains outfit.

every fucking time.
>>
>>44997619
>Saved screenshot to C:\Users\Cap'n Quack Sparrow\Documents\BYOND\screenshots\d20station HEAVY ROLEPLAY SERVER ONLY LEERP ALLOWED Transport Academy XIX 2016-01-24 181833.png
Oh my god it actually saves that on the screenshot titles.
>>
What is happening with the food code right now? its a fucking trainwreck of the /tg/ station and and baystation maybe? you can make half of everything, but 100% of almost nothing. What the literal fuck is going on with this shit? Is there an actual guide because the robustvinil wiki has no chef/cooking page and i am so lost...
>>
File: 1453345031903.png (584KB, 752x1298px) Image search: [Google]
1453345031903.png
584KB, 752x1298px
>>44997036
the only thing worse than vorestation is vorestation's shitty abysmal code and their shitty furry admins/coders
and I have no interest in hosting/controlling my own server because that would just be a chore to maintain
>>
File: 1452380675523.jpg (152KB, 628x663px) Image search: [Google]
1452380675523.jpg
152KB, 628x663px
>>44997724
>>44997801
aftermath of that event
>>
>>44998568
Oh dude thanks, didn't know that existed.

Guy on left is still in cell
>>
Feels so good to have the gods of luck on my side.
>>
>>44998065
This makes me want to read Crecy again.
>>
File: lmuyad5.png (2KB, 336x73px) Image search: [Google]
lmuyad5.png
2KB, 336x73px
So if I added in department specific protolathes to every department that allowed departments to download department-related designs, and only department related designs, what would everyone think?
>>
>>45002673
>distribute the hard work of science evenly throughout the station so everyone benefits from the re-search
>simultaneously prevent some majorly annoying power gaming
>give people a reason to care about helping science because everyone benefits
this is 10/10
>>
>>44998018
i assume its still mostly like the version of /tg/ we split from so the old /tg/ wiki.
>>
>>45002673
I'm into it.
Is R&D's monitor also going to be moved onto its protolathe, or does it need to stay separate to access the other machines?
>>
so hows the lag doing
>>
>>45002673
to add into this for players who don't know, we already have the functionality for autolathes, ammolathes, and other machines to update their lists based on research as long as they have access to the server.

>>45003004
what lag
>>
>>45002673
Skeptical.
The protolathe would still have to print damn near everything, because science needs that shit to do science, and ain't no one going to bring bits to them.
That, and it'd only make sense if those lathes printed non-prototype items, which would mean doing any of a small number of things more with the code, no?
At least with the current set-up the crew are sometimes encouraged to interact with the R&D crew.

Since this is a multiplayer game, one shouldn't cut back on when the players interact, eh?
>>
>>45002673
cant you sync the autolathes with the server already?
>>
>>45002873
If this did, no, because of the analyzer and imprinter.
>>45003492
These were all points I knew, and am trying to tell someone who won't listen.
>>45003634
Yes.
>>
lee why do you bring out the worst in me.

Im normally a laid back captain. you made me willing to sacrifice an entire station to stop you

i still love you lee
>>
>>45004151
He dindu nuffin that round.
>>
File: Robotloveround.jpg (229KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Robotloveround.jpg
229KB, 1024x768px
>be mime
>hate life
>pet cute borg
>borg beeps and buzzes i enjoyment
>The mime will remember this.jpg
>mime writes message in main hallway confessing his love to the borg known as servitor
>servitor says it is so soon and mime begins to light cigarettes around it and inhales the fumes while making a candle lit heart.
>mime realizes that if he wants to truly display his love he will need to be more like servitor
>he asks to be but in as a borg so that he can be with his love.
>Tfw they are the only ones to live at the literal end of the round after everything happens (along with the barkeep).
>Turns out AI's objective was to murder and the borg was looking for an oppurtunity to space the mime
>Mime stops the borg from murdering him through the power of killing himself for the AI love by becoming a robot.
>and they lived happily ever after. The end.
Put a banging donk on it.
>>
>>45004151
i love you too you faggot
>>
we dident get an end of round report last round.

also 2 rounds in a row devolving into a firefight across the station.
>>
the teg has commitment issues this is now cannon
>>
>>45002673
that's a pretty good idea, and some nifty sprites to go along with it
>>
Hey everybody, come onboard!
>>
We need an admin or someone robust pls
>>
>>44969447
Build grille, move one tile, click on grille with rglass. Screwdriver new window.
>>
>>45007176
What happened?
>>
>>45008408
Murderboner and a BR huespamming deadchat.

Murderboner permabanned, BR tempbanned after refusing to stop spamming the fuck out of deadchat.
>>
>>45005019
>cannon
Opening the blast doors while the burn is still hot will do that, you know.
>>
File: toxins experiments.jpg (60KB, 636x450px) Image search: [Google]
toxins experiments.jpg
60KB, 636x450px
Whoops.
>>
>connection failed
RIP
>>
>>45005019
The hell are you on about?
>>
SERBIAN IS DEDD
>>
>>45009202
>>45009210
>emiko testing rigged cells
>sets a cell's charge and maxcharge to some absurd number and rigs it
>put it in a stunbaton
>turn it off and on a bit
>this isn't working
>wait hold on it triggers on stun
>hit myself
>explosion.ogg
>nothing more
on the bright side; updoots coming up
>>
>>45009317
Actually I forgot to set the rig var to on.
In hindsight, when things go to 12e+1.02^3, it's probably gonna break the game.
>>
Also server live, fireice and nernum's updates are in.
>>
>>45009381
Coolio, can't want to see!

Also the lag's been gone all day, it's been great
>>
File: 1404262446948.jpg (85KB, 699x699px) Image search: [Google]
1404262446948.jpg
85KB, 699x699px
>>45009317
>[11:43:55]ADMIN: Chowder McArthor/(Emiko Azuma) modified Nanotrasen brand rechargable AA battery's rigged to 1
>[11:43:56]GAME: Explosion with size (-1, 5.27046e+012, 1.05409e+013, 0) in area Firing Range (106,116,2)
neat
>>
>>45009633
holy shit
>>
File: 1316665435770.png (317KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1316665435770.png
317KB, 500x500px
>>45009718
>>45009633
Corrected response image.
>>
How do you handle an imperious and shitty Head, folks?
I've always been a fan of bowing to their authority in person, then sabotaging them behind their back.
>>
>>45011035
>I've always been a fan of bowing to their authority in person
Cuck
best way to deal with them is to send them on a nude space adventure
>>
>>45011035
Cry in ahelp :^)
>>
>>45011035
embrace them and their wisdom
use them as a scapegoat
>>
>>45011035
slip them and steal their hat
>>
>>45014177
>>45014177
>>45014177
>>45014177
Thread posts: 305
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.