[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Star Wars General: Drowning in a Corellian Whiskey River Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 49

Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs (Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion and Force and Destiny), d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore, space liquor and transparisteel appendages.

Previous Thread: >>43440111

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/v77AhEFV
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (Including d6 and d20/Saga)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Miscellaneous Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

So you want to watch The Clone Wars (But You Don't Want to Watch the Whole Series)
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/nXspTQRn
>>
43 days.
>>
>>43458952
Haha, butte hold
>>
>>43458983
Shit, wrong general meme, my bsd
>>
Are there any "Diamond Dogs"-esque organizations in the Star Wars Canon or Legends? What about large mercenary pilot guilds or groups?
>>
>>43459010
The Mandalorians post-Civil War?
>>
>>43459010
the mandos, especially in both classical and jango-following types are about 200% Outer Heaven. when Traviss gets her hands on them, they hit almost 300%, being as she has a Big Boss boner to surpass Revolver Ocelot, FWIW.

if you're feeling AU, in an alternate world that I came up with once upon a drunk, anakin was so fed up with he clone wars that he took his clones and went full Big Boss during the last days of the war, rather than keep fighting. he is "killed" by rookie imperial navy storm commando/ Krayt Unit operative "Solid Krayt" AKA luke skywalker. twenty years later. he wakes up after the destruction of the death star nine years hence and seeks out his son (and his clone/son (who sheevy-P had cloned and raised as a commando on Coruscant as Liquid Krayt) in order to set another round of Outer Heaven Incident in motion.
the PCs are the latest group of supercommandos sent by the empire to eliminate the Krayt Unit, who under the command of Liquid Krayt have seized a prototype Galaxy Gun and are demanding the body of Anakin Skywalker. do the PCs even WANT to oppose them? what happens when Solid Krayt and Solidious Krayt (Leia) show up?
are you STILLLLL IN A DREEAAMM? enough to ride this crazy train to the end? dare you follow in Big Bosses footsteps?
>>
>Just What IS Canon Anyways?
Only A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and a backstory that places them in appropriate historical context for a war which is clearly happening at a time of rapid technological advancement, analogous to the early-mid 20th century.

At the time of A New Hope, droids were new, hyperdrives were new, blasters were new, starfighters were new, computers were super-new (yes, newer than droids). Even lightsabers weren't all that old.

The Old Republic first made contact with humans maybe a century or two ago. The original spacefarers were the Mon Calamari, whose aquatic homeworld was a nesting ground for space-native life, which could travel by something like a hyperdrive organ. When a rare force-talent emerged among them, they were able to build a watertight howdah for him and a few brave explorers, on the back of the juvenile space whale he tamed before its first flight. Later they built shiplike structures that completely covered their steeds. They could only travel to worlds with force-sensitive individuals on them, calling to each other through the void.

In the Old Republic, this was the primary function of the Jedi: to enable some limited interstellar travel, and to see that it was pursued for peaceful and beneficial purposes.

The Clone Wars weren't about biological wars, but "cloning" biological capabilities in dead metal, something that could only be done by a talented Force user, but once done, the machine could be copied further and improved on by ordinary sapients. This was discovered by none other than the man named Palpatine, in his youth...
>>
>>43459101

Karen Traviss vs Hideo Kojima. Let them make a game together. Or a movie.
>>
>>43451589
Technically, you could use the chin mounts for the ordinance launchers.
>>
File: RC1138 big boss.png (442KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
RC1138 big boss.png
442KB, 640x358px
>>43459101
What I Did After The Clone Wars - A Soldiers Memoir
by RC-1138 "Big Boss"
>>
>>43459101
you should get drunk more often
>>
>>43459282
I'd rather watch them fight in a steel cage
>>
File: TIE Smasher.jpg (8KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
TIE Smasher.jpg
8KB, 400x300px
Can't remember where i found this pic ages upon ages ago so i turn to you guys: Is this an actual (old)canon TIE variant or is it just someones pet project?
>>
What do you guys recommend for running a Star Wars game these days? I've been thinking about a campaign a few years after Order 66, with the galaxy in flux after Clone Wars and the Empire consolidating its position. The rising Empire, Separatist remnants, budding rebel factions, criminal elements fighting for power, a few exile Jedi, and so on. A lot of the tech, ships and such would be a mix of Republic hardware and newer Imperial stuff, mixing old and the new.

D6 is of course a classic, but I'm not really into using that especially if (and when) there will be some Jedi in play. And there isn't any material for the Clone Wars era, of course.

Saga is the most complete of the bunch, as far stats and such go. And it's a solid system, if nothing remarkable.

The FFG game(s) is the shiny new hotness, of course. The dice system looks kind of neat, and the books are nice to look at. But even with three gamelines and plenty of supplements already, they've been really reluctant of covering prequel stuff. And the characters seem rather underpowered from what I've gathered from looking through Force and Destiny. I don't need the Jedi to be ninja superheroes from the Clone Wars cartoon trampling all over other character types, but starting characters getting only one or two Force powers and no lightsaber to start with seems a bit weak.

But anyway. What do you recommend?
>>
Using the Saga Edition, what is the best way to handle multiclassing into Jedi?
Just letting everyone be Force sensitive without any further ado feels cheap but deciding who gets to become a Jedi later on based on a dice roll feels equally bad and leaving the feat up for the taking whenever also feels weird.
Just put a "level cap" to when Force sensitivity should be taken if it's of interest or how to do it best?
>>
>>43460461
FFG by far. The lack of CW material is a non-issue, you can find stats for anything from a droideka to a clone repeater online, and all species present in the clone wars are already in the character creator.
The system itself is more tuned towards roleplaying and cinematic play than Saga or D6. You don't roll to hit, you describe what you want to do and the GM describes the results.
One drawback (or feature) of FFG is that the Force is a huge sink of XP. Also, leave your karabast at the door. Stormtroopers in this game will eat you alive.
>>
>>43460702
>You don't roll to hit, you describe what you want to do and the GM describes the results.
How does this work exactly?
>>
>>43459232
The hell are you on about?
>>
>>43460780
fanfic
>>
>>43460702
>You don't roll to hit
Yes you do. You roll for attacks and skill checks, just like any other RPG.
>>
>>43460750
Not the anon you replied to, but...

The way dice works in this system is that the result isn't a simple "you failed" or "you succeeded". There is success, advantage, threat, failure, triumph and despair. Success and failure (which cancel each other) determine whether you are successful in doing something; if you wanted to shoot at someone and succeeded, you shot him.
Advantage and threat (also cancel each other) determine benefits/drawbacks to the action you just made, so if you wanted to shoot someone and rolled positive advantages, maybe your character managed to make the enemy stumble, forced him out of cover, etc, regardless of whether you succeeded in shooting the guy. There are a few suggestions in the book, but you and the GM are encouraged to come up with whatever you want. Threat is the opposite; maybe you succeeded in shooting the guy, but the weapon you used ran out of batteries/ammo, you get distracted, whatever.
Triumph and despair are rare and don't cancel each other. They do extraordinary things depending on the situation.

What the anon probably meant with "you don't roll to hit" is that it's not like D&D where you just say you attack someone, it's encouraged to say exactly how you do things in case you roll advantage/threat or triumph/despair.
>>
File: 1446351719581.jpg (856KB, 1181x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1446351719581.jpg
856KB, 1181x2000px
Last second waifu bump.
>>
>>43460891
It's also worth noting that unlike most RPGs I've seen, the attack and damage rolls are the same thing. If you shoot someone, and succeed by a lot, you deal extra damage, +1 per uncanceled success. The dice system takes a little bit of time to get used to, and you have to take a couple seconds to figure out what was canceled and what wasn't on your rolls, but it balances out a bit because you're only rolling once.
>>
File: 1445527867417.jpg (193KB, 1024x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1445527867417.jpg
193KB, 1024x1300px
What's the cringist thing some one has done in your StarWars Game ? For me it has to be the time the Yaoi Obsessed fangirl in my group tried to seduce Darth Maul.
>>
File: 1254356546567.jpg (29KB, 548x596px) Image search: [Google]
1254356546567.jpg
29KB, 548x596px
>>43462054
>trying to seduce Sith
How can anyone think it will work?
>>
>>43462054
Sounds like Darth Maul was the one who succeeded.
>>
>>43462054
A falleen character in my game date raped an imperial inquisitor once
>>
>>43462054
Honestly, the GM should be able to predict those situations and do damage control.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGzduLhz4Cs
>>
>>43462260
>falleen

That's not impressive... That's like saying an astromech droid talked with beeps and boops.
>>
File: wookiee_warrior.png (194KB, 300x465px) Image search: [Google]
wookiee_warrior.png
194KB, 300x465px
Is the skirmish mode of Imperial Assault getting well established as a competitive game anywhere? It seems to be gaining a little bit of ground at my LGS, which is impressive enough considering how dominant X-Wing is with the miniatures crowd. I haven't played much skirmish, but I plan to play more after the campaign I'm playing in wraps up.

Also, I expect pic related is really shifting the meta. Rebels finally have a generic that is about as efficient as Royal Guards.
>>
>>43462341
True. But it happened mid interrogation so the rest of the party and her contingent of storm troopers had to sit there awkwardly while they left to make the beast with 2 backs in the other room.
>>
File: 1446135732211.jpg (39KB, 283x269px) Image search: [Google]
1446135732211.jpg
39KB, 283x269px
>>43462098
It didn't. It failed horrifically. Her character ended up taking a Saber to the chest and then he killed the Senator we were supposed to protect. Meanwhile the decoy we were guarding was safe and sound. Mfw I found out in character.
>>
>>43462453

Did the Decoy end up having to pretend he was the real Senetor on a permanent basis?
>>
>>43462528
Yes, which sucked ass since he didn't know shit about politics. Man, being a senete commando is hard.
>>
>>43462378
Wow... That's actually quite hilarious...

>"So... Uh... How are you storm troopers doing?"
>*THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP "Oh yes!" THUMP THUMP THUMP
>"We're alright... The usual... Union's got grievances and is thinking of striking again..."
>"UUUUUGgggggggghhhhhh"
>"Shit really? What local are you guys? Us rebels don't even have health insurance in our agreement..."
>"OH YEAH! USE THAT TONGUE!"
>"Fuck, really? You guys should really think about filing that to your reps. Our Vision and Dental are awesome! It's our retirement plan that needs fixing..."
>"HOLY SHIT, YOUR HIPS ARE SPRING LOADED!" *THUMP THUMP THUMP*
>"What's wrong with your retirement plan?"
>**VRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMM*** "HOW MANY OF THESE DO YOU OWN!?"
>"It doesn't account for "Sudden Asphyxiation", which has always been a problem here..."
>"Ahhh... Yeah, that makes sense..."
>>
>>43462615

I don't suppose the idea to have the Senetor Decoy go fulltime came from the Senetor of Naboo did it?
>>
>>43462617
stormtroopers have surprisingly good collective bargaining rights.
>>
>>43462803

At the expense of their terrible collective aiming sights.
>>
>>43462857
Unions, man. At their best, they make a bad job worth having. At their worst, they make bad employees impossible to get rid of.
>>
>>43462721
Infact it did. Apparently it destabled the vote and in the end made Valoruim look like a jackass. We ended up hanging out with that Sheev fellow so much we pretty much became his lackys. Say what you want about him being a Sith Lord, but his credits are as good as any, and he's a hell of a fashion designer. Those snazzy red uniforms he gave us were rad as fuck.
>>
>>43459010

Allion Nova Guard, Churhee's Rifleman, Mistryl Shadow Guard, Sun Guard
>>
File: finn the human.jpg (24KB, 575x301px) Image search: [Google]
finn the human.jpg
24KB, 575x301px
>yfw he gets his hand cut off
>>
>>43463558
Too soon. Getting your hand cut is usually a consequence of moral failing: Luke, Anakin, Dooku and Mace included.
>>
>>43463141
Not to mention that tons of people go to the Academy specifically to desert and join the rebellion once they finish training.
>>
>>43460241
It is someone's pet project. There's no article about it on the wook. I like it better than quite of few of the canon TIEs though.
>>
>>43461970
Fuck it, what fighters would they fly?
>>
>>43460241
>>43463876
Looks like somebody's "original starfighter, donut steel" Hunter knockoff.
>>
>>43463908
All Imp ships, obviously.
Gama in a Defender.
Dog in a Phantom.
Monkey in a Hunter.
Nonon in a Missile Boat.
Satsuki in a Royal Guard TIE, painted all white, with blue bloodstripes.
>>
>>43463558
>>43463638
It's the first movie of the trilogy, only a minor character will lose a limb.
>>
>>43463638
Someone has to. A hand gets chopper off in every Star Wars movie.
>>
>>43464153
Except Episode I.
Maybe Clone Wars too, but who cares about that one?
>>
File: 1399864393654.gif (2MB, 421x384px) Image search: [Google]
1399864393654.gif
2MB, 421x384px
>>43463558
>>
>>43459771
This is what happens when you drunk binge-read The Last Days Of FOXHOUND and then do star wars stuff
>>
>>43464236
Anakin loses his hand in 2.
>>
>>43464236
Darth Maul got cut in half
>>
Just ordered the X-wing starter kit. Been watching tournament videos and ship unboxing videos and I'm pumped, it looks fun as hell, but I've never really played a game like this before. Do you really need to stick with a few certain lists to actually be viable? I don't want to feel like I'm forced to use the same things as everyone else to not lose every match.
>>
>>43464498

Looks pretty fairly customizable. Each pilot has ways that they're better at building, as does each ship, but composition should depend on how you want to play and a lot of it is strategy.
>>
>>43464498
Every meta has a counter pick, so it never locks itself too hard down, though I will say there is in tournament lists a waaay over reliance on "push the limit" which I find annoyingly leaves a lot of other upgrade cards unused. It's the kind of upgrade that people will call me an idiot for not using.

That being said, I win my fair share of games and have only ever played lists because I think they'd be fun, even against my 2 friends who will look up who won tournaments and duplicate their lists.
>>
After Taco Tuesday at Trade Federation HQ

his nickname was Poot Gunray
>>
>>43464498
The great thing about X-Wing, is that it's pretty solid on balance! Barring a few exceptions, the devs have gone out of their way to keep every ship usable, and will bring out fixes when needed. There are however certain ships that greatly benefit from also having other ships. The list is generally as follows:

Tie Fighters: Core + Tie Fighter blister
X-Wings: Core + X-Wing blister + rebel transport
Y-Wings, K-Wings, and HWK-290s all benefit from having each other.
Interceptor: blister + Imperial Aces + Starviper
A-Wing: blister + Rebel Aces + Starviper
B-Wing: blister + Rebel Aces + E-Wing or Lambda Shuttle
Defender: blister + Punisher
Millenium Falcon: Tantive IV
Tie Advanced: Imperial Raider (almost mandatory)
Any torpedo/bomb ship: K-Wing / Punisher
Aggressors: Starvipers + B-Wings + Lambda Shuttle

Note that aside from the Tie Advanced, none of these are -required-. The cards they give you just help a lot. For example, the Starviper has Autothrusters, which is golden for A-Wings and Interceptors. The bonus is that a Starviper pack or two, with a Most Wanted pack, will easily get you started on a decent Scum and Villainy force. And unlike some games, it is super easy and fun to play more than just one faction in X-Wing!
>>
>>43464839
See, I just want to make cool lists and have fun. If I can do that with this game I can see me getting really into it. I don't care about meta or all that crap, ruins games for me. I think starting off I'll focus on Imperial ships, because TIEs were always so cool to me.
>>
>>43464839
I find Push the Limit is really only good for ships that have a huge array of green maneuvers, and repositioning actions. So like Interceptors or A-Wings find it stupidly important to have. But X-Wings, B-Wings, Starvipers, and Tie Defenders are all better off without it, for example.
>>
>>43464982
Would it be a good idea to pick up a second starter kit?
>>
>>43465003
Then you'll love this game. The meta fluxuates so rapidly that you don't need to worry about it. And any ship you like can be made to work just fine! Currently one of the most lacking ships in the game, is the Scyk. And it's biggest problem is not enough green maneuvers for a true arc-dodger, -or- that it's about a point too expensive for what you're really getting. However, you can run 5 of the little bastards with Mangler Cannons, and they will FUCK YOUR SHIT UP if you're running a big fat ship with 1 evade or less, like a Decimator, or Millenium Falcon.
>>
>>43465059
Yes. 2 of either starter is good, or just get one of both! Any beyond that tends to have diminishing returns, as the individual blisters for the ships in the starts have (or will have) cards that you'll also want. For example, the X-Wing blister has Wedge Fucking Antilles, and he's pretty goddamned awesome.
>>
>>43465128
You guys are getting me all pumped to get into this game.
>>
>>43465163
one of each is the better option by far, more obstacle choices, fewer redundant upgrades.

the only problem being the damage decks

>>43465186
I have a problem and the only cure is more spaceships
>>
>>43465059
To an extent since you get three fighters and two sets of essentials like movement templates and dice for cheaper than if they were purchased individually, though I think by this point, it's possible to find individual components on the cheap if you know where to look.

Note that the new TFA core set contains an updated damage deck, which is necessary for participating in future tournaments.
>>
>>43465163
>>43465206
>>43465224
Then I think the next thing I'll get is the TFA starter, then probably the TIE Interceptor and Imperial Aces
>>
>>43465047
All one of my friends can ever seem to say is push the limit and Soontir Fel. It gets obnoxious because I will bring up all sorts of builds and he'll say they're all worthless because of that, That he can win every game because he'll never be in arc "if flown properly".

What ultimately pisses me off about that is I've created so many no win scenarios for him, cleverly trapping him in a flank or using a wide arc or just using weird upgrades no one ever seems to consider to win countless times and rather than congratulating me on a job well done, all he can say is "I flew that wrong, if I flew it right you would have never had a chance"

I don't know why I'm friends with that guy.
>>
>>43465003
You can fly just about anything. The only disappointment I've had ship wise is the Tie Advanced, which is now fixed and the only problem is that the fix is locked behind a ship that costs like $70

Usually the clever retroactive fixes fantasy flight makes aren't part of ships that are that expensive.
>>
>>43465408
It's not really a problem unless you're set on playing tournaments. Most people are cool with proxies.
>>
>>43465258
That's a ver smart way to go. The Tie/FOs are actually a lot of fun to fly, and different enough from standard Ties. And Interceptors are bliss, and a riot to fly. Soontir Fel with PtL, and Turr Phenir with Veteran Instincts, makes you feel like you'rr flying by the seat of your pants! They're super fragile, but amazingly good at maneuvering.
>>
>>43465359
Yeah, he seems like a douche-bag.
>>
>>43465408
The one nice thing about the raider kit, however, is you get some really awesome fucking pilots, like Juno Eclipse! And you get 4 copies of the Tie x1 title!
>>
>>43463387

>Sheev Palpatine
>A Sith Lord

Some GMs take their headcanon too far, and suddenly everyone's a secret Sith.
>>
>>43465408
It does help that the Raider is a gorgeous ship, and 4x TIE/x1 and Advanced Targeting Computer is pretty ridiculous.
>>
>>43466090
Yeah, the Advanced Targeting Computer was a good buff for Vader and Marek. Advanced Sensors is pretty fucking awesome on Juno. One of the guys at my shop's been running 4 Tie x1s with Accuracy Corrector on all of them. He says it's fucking hilarious, because you don't have to give a shit about stress, or tokens, or bumping into each other. It's like have 4 ships piloted by Google-Space.
>>
>>43465901
I like that it gives you everything you need, but I rarely to never get to play epic games and I pre ordered the Imperial Carrier already. Not wanting to fly both in the rare chance that I play an epic game, I'm gonna stick to my Gozanti. If I was more invested in the tie advanced outside to just owning one of them, I would probably buy the Raider. As it stands, not til I can buy it for less than 50.
>>
>>43466192
With some support, I've got some pretty interesting results out of Lt. Colzet with Advanced Targeting Computer. The fact that you can't spend your target lock if you want to use ATC is irrelevant when Colzet can spend it in the End Phase after all. The only problem is his low Pilot Skill and lack of an Elite slot, hence requiring support.
>>
>>43466230
That's fair. The raider is a sizable purchase. It does look really slick, though. I know you can buy the cards online, too. So there's always that route.
>>
>>43466252
I tried pairing him with the Jendon shuttle that targets 2 things at once, hands target locks over to nearby ships, and can target lock anything on the board. In hindsight, it probably didn't need the weapons engineer... And keeping Colzert Report near the shuttle proved to be a weakness...
>>
>>43462054
A Gotal attempting to rape Lobot and instead raping his assistant droid instead
>>
>>43459010
It's one of the largest space opera settings out there. Wouldn't be unheard of to make your own or rip them from other franchises and change them up a bit.

The Eclipse doctrine of tech-heavy troopers and mech reliance from Mass Effect could translate to a merc group that relies on battle droids to supplement their largely Duros or Ubese forces. Translating the Biotics over would be difficult, maybe a few non-Jedi force-users?

The Blue Sun's doctrine of professional and sturdy units with a reliance on heavy turians and humans could translate into a solidly professional group that has an abundance of Corellian pros, maybe some hard-as-balls xenos like Nikto, Gand, or Zabrak as well, guys who are capable of being pro as fuck. A few Mandos as trainers, maybe?
>>
File: 1438734187172.jpg (285KB, 1200x959px) Image search: [Google]
1438734187172.jpg
285KB, 1200x959px
>>43464839
PTL is a great action economy steroid to be sure, but it's only an autotake on the Interceptor and A-Wing because of their need to arc-dodge + defensive focus and the great green on their dials. I see Predator and Vet. Instincts a lot more often in competitive games.

It's the highly situational upgrades like Opportunist that rarely come up in tournaments.
>>
>>43466506
>implying the Black Sun wouldn't eliminate anybody trying to use a variation of their name
>>
>>43466552
I'm just giving a suggestion. If you did rip other franchise mercs off, I wouldn't suggest carrying the name over directly either. Star Wars is a big galaxy.
>>
File: 1416287829321.jpg (67KB, 350x526px) Image search: [Google]
1416287829321.jpg
67KB, 350x526px
>>43466506
>largely Ubese
>>
>>43466540
Probably also an autotake for TIE/fuckoffs given their green turns, but you're spot on about dial dictating usage.
>>
So the Rebels have Heroes of the Aturi Cluster.
When will there be campaigns for Imps and Scum?
Will anyone ever adapt the Tours of Duty from X-Wing and TIE Fighter to be played at the table?
>>
File: 1400722001008.jpg (159KB, 700x596px) Image search: [Google]
1400722001008.jpg
159KB, 700x596px
>>43462098
Maul is clearly an autist but you'd think seducing should work on some sith since passion, love, and anti jedi shit
>>
>>43466628
Zeta Ace with Push the Limit and an Engine Upgrade definitely puts the "FUUUUUUUUuuuuck" back in Tie/Fuck-Off.
>>
Who else watchin Worlds right now? Thoughts?
>>
>>43466680
>Will anyone ever adapt the Tours of Duty from X-Wing and TIE Fighter to be played at the table
If it's just XWM, unlikely due to the fact that most things bigger than a corvette are too large for the playing field. It's easy enough to rebuild shit like the Redemption run in Armada, though.
>>
>>43466680
Heroes of the Aturi could be easily modified for Imperial. The rules are fairly straightforward. I'd like a scum option, myself... If only because I want to fly the most broken goddamned Starviper ever.
>>
How bad is this list?

Name: (397 of 400 pts)
Faction: The Empire
Flagship: (187 pts)
-Imperial II-Class Star Destroyer(120 pts)
--Grand Moff Tarkin (38 pts)
--Relentless (3 pts)
--Gunnery Team (7 pts)
--Redundant Shields (8 pts)
--Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7 pts)
--Leading Shots (4 pts)
Fleet Ship 1: (82 pts)
-Gladiator II-Class Star Destroyer(62 pts)
--Ordnance Experts (4 pts)
--Engine Techs (8 pts)
--Rapid Reload (8 pts)
Fleet Ship 2: (64 pts)
-Raider II-Class Corvette(48 pts)
--Gunnery Team (7 pts)
--Point-Defense Reroute (5 pts)
--Leading Shots (4 pts)
Fleet Ship 3: (64 pts)
-Raider II-Class Corvette(48 pts)
--Gunnery Team (7 pts)
--Point-Defense Reroute (5 pts)
--Leading Shots (4 pts)
Squadrons (0 of 133 pts):
>>
>>43466626
I feel like I said something silly but I don't get what it was.
>>
>>43466798
Change the u to an o.
>>
>>43466755
I still feel really lukewarm on Starvipers as a ship, honestly.
The Virago was cool because it was a unique and weird as fuck vanity ship for an ultrawealthy asshole. Then Forces of Corruption added a mass-produced version to the EU, and it just felt... wrong.
But I do like the way it plays on the table. So you can see my conundrum.
Personally though, I'd want either a Pursuer Enforcement Craft (the Slave II from Dark Empire and the Enkidu from X-Wing Alliance) or a Vaksai (an improved variant of the Kihraxz, and my favorite ship to fly back when Galaxies was still alive).
>>
>>43466862
Ah. You know, I jumped to that conclusion but figured I'd ask in case there was something about Ubese that I didn't understand.
>>
File: 1446623263961.jpg (321KB, 1128x942px) Image search: [Google]
1446623263961.jpg
321KB, 1128x942px
>there will never be a sexy lamia Sith
why even live
>>
>>43466866
Ahahahahaha Luke-warm

Yeah, I didn't like a lot of things FOC did, especially introducing the Consortium instead of the Black Sun.
>>
>>43466866
Shadows of the Empire had a tonne of Starvipers too.
>>
>>43467105
>power armored knights
>demon ladies with energy whips
When did Lego decide to start preemptively sniping 40k's target audience?
>>
>>43467248

Lego determined to take everything long ago.
>>
>>43459746
Kaz, I'm already a clanker
>>
>>43466866
I'm hoping Wave 9 has the Vaksai for a Scum Interceptor equivalent. Something with the dial, and maneuvers, to be the Scum arc-dodger they need...

As far as the Starviper, I know after Shadows it went into mass production for Black Sun in the EU, somewhere. But I still dig it. It's been my favorite EU ship since I first saw it, due to how weirdly out of place it is.

As far as X-Wing goes, the generics have some trouble and could use an Aces pack with a Scyk. But Guri and Xizor are gold. And if you grab the Virago title, then your options are basically Fire Control if you want sustained lethality and/or something to work with an Advanced Proton Torpedo, Advanced Sensors if you want to make the ship unpredictable and a hyper knife-fighter, and Sensor Jammer if you want to give it a nice boost to it's survivability. Enhanced Scopes, and Accuracy Corrector, just aren't as useful.

Just don't get in the habit of thinking it should take Push te Limit, or any EPt that invokes stress... The Starviper's dial just isn't built for PtL or stress-shedding. Predator, Veteran Instincts (Xizor), Opportunist (if running Palob), Crack Shot, Adrenaline Rush (surprisingly), Outmaneuver, and Lone Wolf are all EPTs that have worked quite well for me.
>>
>>43467105
What game is this and how do I throw my money at it?
>>
>>43467404
Nexo Knights
>>
>>43467196
The book only had the Virago, as it was Xizor's personal ship and prototype. The game jumped up the timeline for their mass production, so there could be a lot of them. I think old EU canon was that the new Vigos of Black Sun ordered MandoMotors to begin mass produce them after Xizor died. Although they were still rare, compared to the rest of Black Sun's fighters.
>>
File: coffee.png (55KB, 587x700px) Image search: [Google]
coffee.png
55KB, 587x700px
http://www.newsarama.com/26627-rumor-slave-leia-banned-from-star-wars-merchandise.html

>J. Scott Campbell has come out saying that Disney is "wiping out" the "Slave Leia" outfit from all future merchandise. Campbell does work for both Marvel and various licensors producing Star Wars merchandise.

It's over.
>>
>>43467454
Nevermind. Old EU canon was that MandalMotors reaquired the rights to the Starviper after Xizor died, and so they start mass producing it on their own. Which is how it gets into the hands of the mercs, Zan Consortium, Black Sun (in mass), and on the black market.
>>
>>43467683
It just means they're not going to make any more merchandise of it. People are still free to cosplay it, or make their own, and they're not going to come to your house to take away all your slave bikini shit.
>>
>>43467683
it's nice they whored the costume out onto minnie mouse before they banned it
>>
>>43467732
No the point. It's that Disney is kowtowing to feminist blowhards.

The Slave Leia outfit appeared in one film. She was never sexualized in another Star Wars film. The context of her wearing the outfit coincided with the presence of a literal misogynist slug whom the audience was meant to dislike. It demonstrates Disney's complete disregard for Star Wars as a storytelling device and their retooling of the property into a political and commercial property devoid of all the unique elements that made it enjoyable in the first place.

Slave Leia was memorable precisely because it was so out of character.
>>
>>43467798
The worst part is that she wasn't helpless. She fucking strangled Jabba with her own chains.
>>
>>43467798

Wasn't Carrie Fisher herself one of the people who pushed hardest for the slave leia costume? Apparently she thought it was pretty swag and retro-fantasy.
>>
>>43467798
>>43467871
I think the problem is future merchandise with that outfit isn't designed to do any of that, it's designed to maker her look sexy. It was appropriate given the context, but buying a model of her in it isn't doing anyone but the creeps any good. They're not erasing it from the film or saying it doesn't have it's place, but it doesn't have it's place in the future moving forward given Jabba is dead.
>>
>>43467798
>The context of her wearing the outfit coincided with the presence of a literal misogynist slug whom the audience was meant to dislike.

dude I watched a Star Wars Documentary and in it one of the talkers said how Jabba is sexy

hes every fat basement neckneards dream.
>>
Did FaD do anything to make space combat less "everything is made of cardboard"?
>>
>>43467683
Boring outfit anyway.
>>
>>43467798

I highly suspect its more of a move to make the merchandise all kid friendly.
>>
File: [The creature stares at you].png (191KB, 392x336px) Image search: [Google]
[The creature stares at you].png
191KB, 392x336px
>>43467683
b-but why?
>>
>>43468049
Disney needs to make dollars. They can't make dollars if SJWs scream bloody murder.
Do the maths.
>>
>>43468049
>http://www.newsarama.com/26627-rumor-slave-leia-banned-from-star-wars-merchandise.html
>rumour
>>
>>43468115
Hence their decision to hire 12 years a slave, Brienne of Tarth, and I can't breath.
>>
>>43467798
>muh SJW bogeymans
It's just disney being kid friendly you shithead.
>>
>>43468115
>muh SJW-phobia
Go back to /pol/, you unfuckable virgin.
>>
I think it's appropriate my current banner is the "Huge Internet Fight" one.
>>
>>43467105
>Black Falcon shield crest
Yes.
>>
>>43467950
No. She complained that all her outfits in ANH and Empire hid her figure entirely. Then it swung completely the other way with the metal bikini. She actually regrets having worn it now, with how obsessed all the neckbeards are over that outfit.

The outfit is also completely impractical. While filming jedi, they had to have a wardrobe specialist make sure her tits were still in place before every take.
>>
>>43468049
So that people can Google Princess Leia action figure and get results other than "slave Leia wank statue #322"
>>
>>43468214
>muh /pol/ maymay

Go back to tumblr you hideous troll.
>>
>>43467798
>No the point. It's that Disney is kowtowing to feminist blowhards.

Um, no. They're literally ending all merchandising for it. Which is fine. They're not re-releasing a remastered special edition with rocks conveniently covering her up, or pretending the outfit doesn't exist. They're just not making any more toys or figurines of her. Which is *only* a story, because of shits like you who are making it one. They stopped merchandising lots of things from the OT. Good luck finding figurines still in production of B-Wing pilots. Or the Outrider.
>>
>>43468139
Because clearly the characters an actor/actress plays is who they are...
>>
File: jabba.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
jabba.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>43467683
That's just pure bullshit. Slave Leia is as much of a symbol of Hollywood and 20th century film as the Rat itself. Except there's far less people that get hard on rats, Deviantart and 40k notwithstanding.
>>
>>43468471
>shits like me
You're too kind.

Neither B-Wing pilots nor the Outrider were major characters in the OT. The "sexualization" of Leia coincided with a major plot point specifically designed to invoke sympathy. Her captor was a literal personification of fat, ugly slob. The move is entirely political and aimed at the up and coming generation of professional victims, of which you're no doubt a part. Your move.
>>
>>43468464
This is /tg/, fuckwit. Tumblr doesn't come here, because this place isn't relevant to their interests. Which are largely any character played by Martin Freeman, Loki, or Bandersmack Cuminmuhbuns.
>>
>>43467950
>>43468382
Yeah she completely hates it now. In a recent interview with Daisy Ridley, she told her to never been get that situation.
>>
>>43468543
>Tumblr doesn't come here, because this place isn't relevant to their interests.
holy fuck I didn't know they let literal newborns onto the internet
>>
>>43468507
Calm your man-tits. No longer merchandising it means they're no longer going to make action figures or toys of slave-leia. Because you know, kids.
>>
>>43468382

Ah, I stand partially corrected. It sounds like she thought it might be a good idea at the time though.

It's a shame people can't appreciate something neat and sexy without going full sperg.

But such is life.
>>
>>43468577
>>43468543

DO NOT FEED
>>
>>43468514
Okay anon, let me draw a comparison.
Slave Leia merchandise suffers from what I will term "the Evangelion problem".
Evangelion basically calls you a creepy fucked up pedophile for wanking it to a thirteen/fourteen year old girl.
Gainax then turns around and sells hypersexualized merchandise OF said thirteen/fourteen year old girl.
Yes, within the context of the film, that outfit makes perfect sense, and is as you say.
The MERCHANDISE of said outfit? It's pure "sex sells" jewery.
>>
>>43468611

Mostly unrelated but what's wrong with selling and buying sex, as long as there's no ulterior motive or such, or pretending that it's anything better than that?
>>
>>43468611
>"the Evangelion problem"
>the
>there is only one problem with Evangelion
>>
>>43468648
Sex is BAD and WRONG, anon.
>>
>>43468611
>Gainax, which is packed with hypersexualized comedy, is the exact same thing as Slave Leia, who appeared in a single film.

You're dumb.
>>
>>43468514
>The move is entirely political and aimed at the up and coming generation of professional victims, of which you're no doubt a part. Your move.

It's kid's toy merchandising. And they're not removing the scenes from the film, aren't releasing a new and "improved" version of the film, and are not pretending like the elscen never happened.

So quit being butthurt about no longer being able to buy a "power chop slave-leia", with real-firing missile launcher, just so you can wank off to it.
>>
>>43468595
>kids
But the OT was made with kids in mind. Slave Leia was never a point of contention of the grounds that it might damage the precious, tender Puritan sensibilities of American children.

Disney has had no compunction whatsoever about sexualizing other female members of their canon.
>>
>>43468595
>Because you know, kids.

So fucking what? Kids these days can't handle slave Leia? You act like the god damned coddling of kids these days isn't a bad thing. I rode my bike without a helmet, played outside without my parents watching, used a bus stop, and saw slave Leia in her metal bikini. I turned out a lot better than the over sensitive useless morons our society churns out these days.
>>
>>43468700
Again, the film was originally made and marketed towards children. "Kids" is not a compelling argument, because the toys have existed for 30 fucking years.

I can talk about silly political decisions without being butthurt about them, anon.
>>
>>43468724

Better kids get their first boner to slave Leia than to sexualized anthro animals in Disney cartoons, in my books.
>>
>>43468599
That's basically the problem. Because of the unfuckable sperging manchildren (like the one[s] here trying to troll), the purely commercialized toy merchandise is getting shelved, with about half the other OT merchandise. In a way, it's sweet irony.
>>
>>43468648
Realistically? The only thing wrong with it is health risks due to STDs, and right wing fucktards screaming something about moral superiority.
>>
File: oola_by_jordankerbow-d9cfo9i.jpg (347KB, 900x1214px) Image search: [Google]
oola_by_jordankerbow-d9cfo9i.jpg
347KB, 900x1214px
You guys do realize they're making a new movie where Leia is at the top of her game right? I think they'd rather advertise the parts of her past that support that now. Carrie hates it as well, so it could have been a subtle request. Disney isn't breaking down your door and stealing w/e Slave Leia shit you own. Pic related still exists anyway.
>>
File: Asuka bike figurine.jpg (221KB, 736x1103px) Image search: [Google]
Asuka bike figurine.jpg
221KB, 736x1103px
>>43468648
The issue is that they're taking something that is presented as skeevy and creepy (Jabba as the ultimate creepy basement dweller) and packaging it up for sale.
Just like how, while I'm a fan of Xizor's whole "scuzzy date rape pheromones" thing, it would be more than a little fucked up to sell a "Xizor attempts to molest Leia playset".
>>43468699
>packed with hypersexualized comedy
Anon, I'm talking about Evangelion.
Specifically I'm talking about them selling shit like pic related, when the hospital scene in EoE is basically "This is you, you creepy fucks." to the people who buy that shit.
>>
>>43468724
And kids aren't the one buying slave-Leia. In short, radical liberal bullshit stories aside, the real reason slave Leia merchandise is no longer going to be made, is because it didn't sell. The only people it sold to, were the occasional greasy fucks who'd buy it and lock themselves in their parent's basement for 10mins.

If the merchandise *actually* returned a substantial profit, it would have silently remained in production.
>>
File: 2.jpg (244KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
244KB, 774x1032px
>>43468661
The fact that most people won't see it simply because it's from Nipland?
Or the fact that most people who had seen it didn't get the joke?
>>
>>43468884
>Jabba the Hutt, a personification of nasty fat oversexed slobs, is totally different from the Gainax scene I just described.

You're really dumb.
>>
The fuck are you people chatting shit about, talk about fucking xwm you shits.
>>
>>43468748
Handle it? Sure. They can handle fucking Happy Wheels, and some fuckwit on youtube screaming like a retard while playing it. But actually buy it? No kid bought slave-leia figures, or wanted them. If they got the figure, it was because Auntie-Flo couldn't find a Han Solo or Chewie for their birthday.
>>
>>
>>43468884
Yep. The Black Series Slave Leia barely sold more than Greedo, who was at the bottom.
>>
>>43468884
Hideous comma misuse aside, you're wrong. Slave Leia was as memorable an aspect of the Star Wars films as the Millenium Falcon, Yoda, and others. It sold like every other bit of Star Wars merchandise sold. Star Wars merch has never self-censored for the sake of notoriety. It's why no-name side characters have action figures.

This was a political move through and through aimed at appeasing obnoxious SJWs.
>>
>>43468821
>Disney isn't breaking down your door and stealing w/e Slave Leia shit you own.

With the way the /pol/ fag(s) is overeacting, you'd think he'd be clutching his slave leias while hiding in his closet.
>>
>>43468884

Why would people buy merchandise for fapping? I'm pretty sure its mostly for collectors.

The internet is full of slave leia porn that's probably much better and easier fap material.
>>
>>43468998
>/pol/ meme
You're forcing it and it's kind of embarrassing. Calling out SJW bullshit is not /pol/-tier and your flabby white knight folds will just have to deal with it.
>>
>>43468940
Can we get a waiver to kick all Soontir players in the nuts?
>>
The funny part of all this is most Slave Leia merch has looked like shit.

I mean really, who the fuck would want to fap to this?
>>
>>43468950
Not making them anymore because they don't sell is fine. Not making them anymore "because kids" is retarded. I don't really care honestly, I'm just sick of people trying to scrub any sort of sexiness from the world and using bs excuses like "think of the children!" or "think of the women!" That said, the shitposting about this needs to end. It derails every damned thread I see it in.
>>
File: obi look.jpg (10KB, 190x204px) Image search: [Google]
obi look.jpg
10KB, 190x204px
>>43468999
>Why would people buy merchandise for fapping?
>asking this
>on 4chan
>>
>>43468980
If you actually grew up to star wars merch as a kid, you'd know that slave leia was at about the april o'neal tier... No kid wanted her. The only leia they did want was either boushh outfit, or endor commando.

So quit pushing your paranoid agenda. I'm half expecting you to be viruscide.
>>
>>43469030
The only boards renowned for perpetuating the whole SJW nonsense, is /pol/, and the runaways from /v/ who went off to that 8-place. Pick one.
>>
>finding Leia's slave outfit sexy

Where's the taste? Hoth and Boushh Leia are the best.
>>
>>43469091
>I'm just sick of people trying to scrub any sort of sexiness from the world

why dont you just watch Rated R movies then
>>
>>43469037
Sweaty neckbearss whining about it in this thread. It's the closest they'll get to pussy, ever.
>>
>>43469142
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>43469147
I'm all about that Boushh
>>
>>43469158
I watch maybe 1 or 2 movies a year. Movies are almost always shit these days.
>>
>>43469091
>I'm just sick of people trying to scrub any sort of sexiness from the world

Come back when the gubberment finally takes all your guns, and porn has been eradicated from the internet.
>>
File: x-wing3.jpg (140KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
x-wing3.jpg
140KB, 1024x768px
>>43469147
>Finding meatbags sexy
The flesh is weak. Best girl is and always will be the classic T-65.

But yeah, Hoth and Boushh were her best outfits.
>>
This whole argument is bullshit all ways. People doing big business shit don't do stuff for one singular reason or one codified demographic. They do it because there are a lot of reasons that will end up with them making more money. There is not actually a vast conspiracy anywhere telling you "no fun allowed", there's lots of reasons which go in a power point, and some guy says "Well, that sounds like a good idea, let's go make more money".
>>
>>43469239
What the fuck do guns have to do with anything other than you trying to paint me me as some crazy paranoid conservative boogeyman?
>>
File: Koensayr BTL-A4 Y-Wing Xpla.jpg (80KB, 640x404px) Image search: [Google]
Koensayr BTL-A4 Y-Wing Xpla.jpg
80KB, 640x404px
>>43469250
>not the Y-fu
Do you even ara-ara, XWW?
Sons of Liberty chapter when?
>>
>>43469031
Soontir's actually not that ridiculous. He's good, but a lot of it comes down to him arc-dodging in a fast ship. Knife-fighters with hard-1 turns, or 1-straights, will throw him off, as he's too fast. Get a solid bead on him, especially with crack shot, and he'll go down hard. Homing Missile, Crack Shot, Glitterstim = no more Stealth Device and a crit. Rebels have their own mix of nasty surprises for Soontir, as well.

He'a good, in the hands of a good player. Try using him yourself, and you'll find yourself able to predict where he's going to be and potentially roll to.
>>
>>43467683

Huh, didn't realize I was on /toy/
>>
File: paperwork.jpg (152KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
paperwork.jpg
152KB, 500x388px
>>43469307
>when
On a whenever-I-have-time basis. I've got a lot of stuff on my plate at the moment. Christ, I haven't played a game of XWM in months.
>>
>>43469303
Because you're sound like one.
>>
>>43469356
I'd ask how the fuck did you come to that conclusion, but I honestly don't care. I don't want to argue about this stupid shit with morons like you anymore.
>>
>>43469356
Painting people you disagree with in an intentionally incorrect light makes you a cunt.
>>
>>43469403
You mean like calling someone from tumblr?
>>
>>43469477
>act like a tumblr feminist
>get told to go back to tumblr

Nothing about that is intentionally incorrect.
>>
You're all goddamned children, now shut up and change the topic already.
>>
File: chewiesfacewhen.png (772KB, 604x508px) Image search: [Google]
chewiesfacewhen.png
772KB, 604x508px
Holy christ this is a shit thread. thanks for fucking this general too guys.

Back on topic, since we're insistent on being as retarded as possible, what's the worst x-wing list you can conceive of? I'm gonna say this is pretty bad:

jonus w/ expose
rhymer w/ expose
dark curse w/ targeting comp
omicron group pilot w/ enhanced scopes and stealth device

It's not spamming advanced SLAM on slamless ships, but its pretty bad.
>>
>>43469532
Painting people you disagree with in an intentionally incorrect light, also makes you a cunt. Just because it's your opinion, and not mine, doesn't make you any less of one.
>>
>>43469581
4 HWK-290s with Stygian Particle Accelerators, Flight Instructors, and Deadman's Switch.

And no turrets.
>>
>>43469581
>Spamming advanced SLAM on slamless ships
How about this:

>PS 2 - Tempest Squadron Pilot
Advanced SLAM
Advanced SLAM
Advanced SLAM
Advanced SLAM
>>
So whats the basic point limit for most games of x-wing? Most of the games I see seem to have a cap of around 100.
>>
>>43469665
No, no. What you need to do is get Scyk's, put the title for a torpedo slot, use that slot for extra munitions, then use your mod for a munitions failsafe.

Then give them a completely useless EPT like decoy or swarm tactics and put 'em in a mob.
>>
>>43469532
>>43469477
Both of you need to shut up and fuck or leave.

Now who's got pictures of ships.
>>
File: Skipray.jpg (367KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Skipray.jpg
367KB, 1024x768px
>>43469737
I got you senpai.
>>
>>43469776
You da best kohai
>>
File: masterwork bastard fleet.jpg (84KB, 532x705px) Image search: [Google]
masterwork bastard fleet.jpg
84KB, 532x705px
>>43469737
Ships, you say?
>>
>>43469725
100 is the best size, gives you lots of flexibility and is the standard for tournaments. 300 points lets you use the special epic play rules. My friends and I have been playing a loose campaign based around wins and losses, and playing with 35, 50, and 65 points sizes. It definitely changed the meta.
>>
File: waifu1.jpg (482KB, 928x800px) Image search: [Google]
waifu1.jpg
482KB, 928x800px
>>43469737
pic related is TIE-fu
>>
File: Corrupter.jpg (135KB, 1094x730px) Image search: [Google]
Corrupter.jpg
135KB, 1094x730px
>>43469806
Dreadnaught isn't even cheesecake anymore. We're talking Grandma-With-An-AK-47 status.

Here's something a little fresher.

>>43469846
Defenders are fucking ace. I just wish there was a decent PS generic pilot with an EPT.
>>
File: tie_experimental_m_3_warhead.jpg (1MB, 4000x2500px) Image search: [Google]
tie_experimental_m_3_warhead.jpg
1MB, 4000x2500px
>>43469846

What if you took that, and combined it with this?
>>
>>43469846
You're a man of very fine taste.
>>
File: SWA25-Hwing.png (182KB, 600x304px) Image search: [Google]
SWA25-Hwing.png
182KB, 600x304px
A /swg/ classic
>>
Star Wars CCG or LCG?

I've never played the LCG but have nice memories of the CCG, rolling dice and all that
>>
File: TIE series.jpg (290KB, 1780x1040px) Image search: [Google]
TIE series.jpg
290KB, 1780x1040px
Here's most of the Legends TIE series. There may be a few misspellings here and there.
>>
I'm digging this Black Squadron +Crackshot trend we're seeing at worlds. I've been out of the meta for a bit but I'm excited to see the new ideas.
>>
File: HarrowerClassDreadnaught-EGW.jpg (445KB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
HarrowerClassDreadnaught-EGW.jpg
445KB, 1920x1088px
Feel free to accuse me of blasphemy but I really like the ship designs in TOR, the Harrower Class Dreadnought in particular.
>>
File: PTB-625_heavy_bomber.png (348KB, 710x520px) Image search: [Google]
PTB-625_heavy_bomber.png
348KB, 710x520px
Technically, this is an airspeeder, but...
>>
>>43469938
Crack Shot in particular has shown to be a pretty good, and inexpensive upgrade.
>>
>>43469806
UH LAWD THAT FILENAME
>>
File: 1432344629808.jpg (319KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1432344629808.jpg
319KB, 1920x1080px
Super Star Destroyers are my favorite, next to the Firespray
>>
>>43470061
When TFA core dropped I was shilling FOs with weapon guidance as superior to Howl (who I think is butts, despite being a qtp2t) and now we're seeing crackshot working in a similar fashion.

TOO FUCKING BAD THE TFA CORE SET CAME WITH ONE FUCKING COPY OF WEAPON GUIDANCE FOR 3 SHIPS. FOR FUCK SAKE I SPENT LIKE 70 SOMETHING DOLLARS ON TWO OF THEM--- THE FUCK IS 70 DOLLARS NOT ENOUGH TO HAVE A FUCKING PLAYSET OF A MID-TIER CARD.

ahem. That is to say, I'm minorly displeased.
>>
>>43470120
Juke and Comms Relay are IMO going to be the big ones for Tie/FOs. Weapons Guidance is good, but I think it'll really benefit 3-attack ships the most.
>>
File: 1338243756894.jpg (1MB, 2700x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1338243756894.jpg
1MB, 2700x1600px
>>
>>43469940
I'm a bit of a fan of most of the Fractal Sponge stuff, Ansel Hsiao is a really good 3d artist.
>>
>>43469940
I actually like the designs too, it just triggers me that everything looks like ships that were state of the art thousands of years later
>>
>>43470297
Star Wars is an old galaxy, lot of old stuff is new again eventually.
>>
>>43470343
>lot of old stuff is new again eventually
That's still partly Bioware's fault due to KOTOR.
>>
>>43470184
The thing about weapon guidance is that it makes a focus statistically similar to TL+F for 2 dice ships for 2 points. Alternately, Juke + Comms costs 5 points, requires an EPT, and increases the damage that gets through by 1 if they didn't save a focus for defense. I think Juke and Comms are neat but may prove to be prohibitively expensive for use en masse. Maybe a few of them plus Jax but you're looking at a glassjaw list.
>>
>>43469914
The best ship by far.
>>
File: K-Wing_NEGVV.jpg (210KB, 1200x791px) Image search: [Google]
K-Wing_NEGVV.jpg
210KB, 1200x791px
Did somebody say "hardpoints"?
>>
File: homebase and its fleet.png (756KB, 1560x878px) Image search: [Google]
homebase and its fleet.png
756KB, 1560x878px
>>43469737
>>
>>43470786
That looks like one of the Aircruisers from Galactic Battlegrounds.
>>
Does anyone have the links for the list of custom ship stats for EotE? I couldn't find them in the OP.

also>>43467997
>>
>>43470524
So many terrible design decicions>
>tiny wing-loads of ordanance
>big wing-jack shit
>roof turret tracking to rear can't see over large wing or rear centre engine
>front turret is straped on with almost no structure to support it.
>originally designed with no mounted weapons in a starfighter heavy environment by an organization who's victories were by starfighter.
>no hyperdrive.
>>
File: ara ara ufufufufu.jpg (102KB, 700x550px) Image search: [Google]
ara ara ufufufufu.jpg
102KB, 700x550px
>>43471058
Also
>using hardpoint-mounted ordnance in an age where munitions for killing cap ships can be internally carried with relative ease by her smaller, prettier, more mobile, and more economical sister
>>
>>43470297
Honestly, I just view it the same as any other fantasy series where tech doesn't advance beyond a certain point for thousands of years.
>>
>>43467997
>>43471042
>Did FaD do anything to make space combat less "everything is made of cardboard"?
No, you're stuck with proper Gm'ing, squadrons, or houserules.
>>
>>43469037
>I mean really, who the fuck would want to fap to this?
Son, do you know where you ARE right now?
>>
>>43471230
Yes. It doesn't change my question.
>>
>>43471280
Fairly recently, I saw a thread on /tg/ where some guy put up a picture of a stuffed bunny that he used as a sex aid.

And don't forget tile guy.
>>
r8 my list of T70s

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Rebel%20Alliance&d=v3!s!177:18,-1,2,147:-1:20:;177:18,-1,2,147:-1:20:;175:18,-1,148,-1:-1:20:
>>
>>43471397
>fairly recently
Yesterday?
>>
>>43471397
I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to, is what I was trying to say.
>>
>>43471397
>And don't forget tile guy.
I only visit /tg/ for /swg/ and Lego Quest, so I don't know who tile guy is and I don't think I want to.
>>
Are there any decent sites that resell single xwing cards. There's a few cards I want but I don't want to buy ships I probably won't use just for 1 or 2 cards.
>>
>>43471409
It's not bad, but I feel like there is more value to be extracted here
>>
>>43471604
the only places that used to sell close up shop because the market for singles is tiny as hell.

Ebay does have resellers but they gouge the price to the point where it is very nearly worth getting the whole expansion
>>
>>43469037
Man that thing went on a camping trip to uncanny valley and set up the camper in a spot just marginally better than a working joe...
>>
>>43469776
In a non-Star Wars d6 space game I'm GM'ing the skipray is the party ship. Fucking love that micro machine model I got as a kid, I'm glad they resurrected the line.
>>
I'm making a title crawl for my group's first campaign, do you guys think they will enjoy this?
>>
>>43471776
If they don't then they are dead inside.
>>
>>43471140
"It started out as a well-armed and armored simple bomber. But the Department kept adding more and more to the design. The astromech droid and hyperdrive greatly increased the complexity of the design, and we were left with a greatly inferior ship to the one my team designed. Hyperdrive and Astromechs ruined the Y-Wing."
~ Pierre Sprey, lead designer for the Y wing.
>>
File: X-wing_SWGTCG.jpg (676KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
X-wing_SWGTCG.jpg
676KB, 1600x1200px
>>43472168
Pierre sure sounds like a whiny french asshole who never thought what the fighter might be pressed into outside of its usual role. Now, real best girl, she got built knowing you can't anticipate much of anything on the battlefield, so best to give her the best weapons available and a toolset that can meet anything. Its also why the Y-fu turned out so cute, despite her apparent bastard father's terrible opinions.
>>
>>43472267
Yeah, real world Pierre Sprey is a whiny fucking jas-been cunt who thinks people should care about his opinion on fighter aircraft designs.
>>
Giving some ordnance spam a try.

Terrible idea?
Jonus and punishers (100)

Captain Jonus — TIE Bomber 22
Swarm Tactics 2
Extra Munitions 2
Plasma Torpedoes 3
Ion torpedoes 5
Ship Total: 34

Cutlass Squadron Pilot — TIE Punisher 21
Extra Munitions 2
Cluster Missiles 4
Assault Missiles 5
Munitions Failsafe 1
Ship Total: 33

Cutlass Squadron Pilot — TIE Punisher 21
Extra Munitions 2
Cluster Missiles 4
Assault Missiles 5
Munitions Failsafe 1
Ship Total: 33
>>
>>43458983
>>43458995
The only time this actually made me lol.
>>
>>43472524
I think you might be better served by trimming some costs to get 4 bombers in one list

http://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v3!s!49:-1,126,-1,17,24:-1:-1:;49:-1,126,-1,17,24:-1:-1:;49:-1,126,-1,17,24:-1:-1:;49:-1,126,-1,17,24:-1:-1:

Undogeable and guaranteed damage from charges is awesome. Homming missiles have plenty of dice modification from getting to keep the target lock
>>
>>43472267
Kek true, its a reference to the guy who led the IRL A-10 design team and has bitched about every multi role fighter (a la F-18, F-35) since, though Pierre Sprey is a very Star Wars esque name
>>
>>43472983
FML I just went full retard and forgot he was French and thought you missed the joke, need to not drink and shitpost about Pierre
>>
>>43469147
More like Hoth and Cloud City. Leia was really looking good in Empire Strikes Back, even if it's the weakest movie for the character.

>official /swg/ movie rankings by character

Luke
1. Return of the Jedi. Comes into his own as a Jedi, shows compassion for his dad, stands up to Sheev.
2. The Empire Strikes Back. Holds his own against Vader, gets better at the Force, but still a bit whiny.
3. A New Hope. Whiny, naive, almost gets punked out by Evazan.

Han
1. Empire. Confronted by Vader, he tries to shoot him. "I know." Successfully navigates an asteroid field.
2. Hope. Shoots first. Is a real mercenary, until he is a real bro.
3. Jedi. Mostly lost his edge.

Leia
1. Hope. Sasses Tarkin and Vader. Stands up to interrogation by torture-robot. Takes charge in the prison once released.
2. Jedi. Strangles Jabba with her slave chain. Threatens everybody at Jabba's with a thermal detonator.
3. Empire. She just really doesn't do anything except have unresolved sexual tension with Han.
>>
>>43473904
>Weakest movie for the character

Eh she does play a pretty big role in commanding the troops at Hoth, both giving a briefing and helping to run the command center.
>>
>>43474647
Not to mention saving Luke's bacon after his duel with Vader.
>>
>>43473904
hey man where your ranking for R2D2 and C3PO!
>>
>>43473904
>3. A New Hope. Whiny, naive, almost gets punked out by Evazan.
But even you can't deny, that jacket was stylin'.
>>
I have never seen a Decimator punked that hard, that fast.
>>
File: deciMATEd.jpg (71KB, 1151x589px) Image search: [Google]
deciMATEd.jpg
71KB, 1151x589px
>>43475327
oops

>he's double-stressed too
>>
When are we going to get the more iconic prequal era ships.
I know I'm not the only who wants an arc170 or N1 starfighter.
>>
File: move_ref_Republic_ARC-170.jpg (121KB, 287x405px) Image search: [Google]
move_ref_Republic_ARC-170.jpg
121KB, 287x405px
>>43475397
not for another year or two at the earliest

FFG is almost entirely out of Rebel small ships, though, so if the new movies don't have much in that department, it miiiiiiiiight happen.

I'd expect a separate game, though.
>>
>>43475397
its funny cause I distinctly remember X Wing Devs saying they are NOT doing prequel ships at all

but we all know they'll cave in eventually
>>
>>43475494
They've already caved with stuff like the m3a, kihraxz or yt1300.
>>
>>43475451
>I'd expect a separate game, though.
While that might be cool. I doubt it. They've already integrated TFA ships into the same game as OT and prequel ships.
>>
File: fc,550x550,white.u1.jpg (39KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
fc,550x550,white.u1.jpg
39KB, 550x550px
>>43458983
>>43472552
>>
>tfw too dim to understand astronomy beyond the most basic shit

Assuming Kyp Durron hasn't stopped by to visit, how would one describe a "dead" or "dying" star and its nearby formerly inhabited planets? What other natural cosmic phenomena could sterilize a formerly inhabited, Earth-like planet assuming zero planetary shielding or climate control tech?
>>
>>43475700
Gamma ray bursts could kill everything on a planet. A sufficiently powerful solar flare could do it, too.

Both basically flash fry the side they hit, leaving the opposite side completely fucked.
>>
>>43475593
none of which are really prequel ships. Hound's Tooth is the closest thing, really.

>>43475622
It could use roughly the same system, but making it compatible across the factions opens up a massive pile of stupid arguments, like Impfags whining about not getting ARCs and V-Wings, Impfags whining about having to make do with CIS scum honestly Impfags whining about everything, but the scale of prequel additions would make it a massive pain to balance, and I don't know how many new upgrades the game can actually support until there's so much effect overlap it starts turning into power creep.
>>
>>43475700
Gamma ray burst could do the job.
>>
>>43475593
except those ships exist in OT too

meanwhile it'd be weird as fuck for someone to roll around in a jedi starfighter (shut up wedge)
>>
>>43475700
A description would be the star is now really fucking big and really fucking red, the closest planets are completely uninhabitable due to high radiation exposure and heat, the farthest planets suffer severe solar flares that scorch the earth.
You're looking for Red Giants
There is also a theory of enlarging planets in a system with a star that has reached the giant stage, so that could be an interesting topic to delve into
>>
>>43475781
>>43475805
>Gamma ray bursts
How crazy would a planet's surface-level radiation be a few thousand years after a total extinction-level GRB? Would you rule that it would be suicide for meatbags to explore it on foot with even the best post-Endor gear and personal rad shielding?

>>43475897
Gotcha. How about the white dwarf or neutron star phase? Those still emit potentially lethal amounts of radiation, right? Especially since, by my understanding, any planets around past the red giant stage would likely be stripped or mostly stripped of atmosphere.
>>
>>43475802
>like Impfags whining about not getting ARCs and V-Wings,
I don't se anyone actually doing that. They don't whine about not having ywings after alll.
>>
>>43475802
>none of which are really prequel ships. Hound's Tooth is the closest thing, really
Yes they are. They're ships whos origin is in the prequal era. They therefore are prequal ships.
>>
>>43475852
Please no don't remind me
>>
>>43475993
>How crazy would a planet's surface-level radiation be a few thousand years after a total extinction-level GRB? Would you rule that it would be suicide for meatbags to explore it on foot with even the best post-Endor gear and personal rad shielding
Basically no different too before the burst. Radiation itself doesn't linger. It only seems too if radioaction sources themselves are left in the area.
>>
>>43475993
Not sure about residual radiation depending on how long ago you want to have it happen, but GRBs would at minimum cook off the stratosphere and ozone layer. So, assuming no fix for those parts of the atmosphere, it'd expose everyone on the surface to lethal radiation levels within days. Supposedly some scientists think Earth got hit by one already ~450 million years ago.
>>
I've been trying to work out a new list for a tournament I have coming up. My not so friendly LGS's x-wing tournament scene has been delegated to a group of non-employee neckbeards who know fuck-all about x-wing and just try to get us to switch to star trek. After I won the first 4 monthly tournaments they put on, they started making a lot of last minute changes to the date or format whenever I say I was able to get off of work and as such, I haven't played for some time. Since this Saturday is the last chance I'll have before moving up north, I pretended I can't make it so that they don't cancel/reschedule. I plan on showing up unexpected and I really kind of want to stick it to them by winning again. Does this make me a total faggot? Should I care?
>>
>>43476148
Actually, almost every thread about prequel ships ends up with either an argument about how the prequels suck, or an argument about why side X should get ship Y under some stupid faction division.
>>
>>43476166
>They're ships whos origin is in the prequal era.

lets see...

>watches ep 1
>watches ep 2
>watches ep 3

I dont see them anywhere in there
>>
Oh hey, Hondo had a space mauser in the newest episode! cool!
>>
>>43476687
No one said prequel movies only. Just the whole prequal era (so 1000 BBY too 0 BBY)
>>
does the wired EPT work with tycho celhu?
>>
>>43476687
The Millennium Falcon is, in fact, in Episode 3.
>>
>>43476929
Yes.
>>
>>43471140
>>43472168
And people say star wars isn't realistic.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA
>>
>>43476741
>space mauser
You mean a DL-44.
>>
File: Hondo Gun.png (949KB, 1226x920px) Image search: [Google]
Hondo Gun.png
949KB, 1226x920px
>>43477205
not as many gubbins glued onto it. Like somebody liked how the DL-44 looked, but felt it made the user look too rich. Maybe a DL-44 knock off?
>>
Thoughts on a list

Patrol Leader /w Vader, Gunner, EU
4x AP

Pat Leader can mess up a lot of stuff with this load out. PS 3 boost may not seem ultra powerful but between PS 2 jousters/tlts and the blocking potential, I think it may be a surprisingly handy ship. 4 APs are just the first thing I can think to spend the other 48 points on, open to suggestion.

I can see Poe, Luke, or any non-squint aces causing some trouble (especially if they have regen) but I think this has the jousting power to really torture a lot of current meta lists.
>>
>>43464109
Someones getting the old jedi handshake.
>>
>>43468974
And everyone who was trying to collect a set of the four main characters was pissed that the Leia options were slave leia and bosk. The needed a Hoth Leia.
>>
>>43477984
>not wanting Ubeste Leia over all the others

Why.
>>
>>43477984
>bosk
Boushh.
>>
>>43477168
I know someone who works in that big five-sided building.
That video is barely an exaggeration.
>>
>>43477168
oh fuck off, mike sparks
the aerogavin is never gonna happen
>>
File: 120.jpg (8KB, 162x234px) Image search: [Google]
120.jpg
8KB, 162x234px
>>43477168
needs an ion cannon and pic becomes related
>>
>>43467692
>MandalMotors
Scyk, Dunelizard, and Kimogila a best. I can't get over how wonderful and gorgeous those ships are.
>>
>>43471397
>>43452451
>>
>>43479058
GROUT SCOTT!/10
>>
File: Armada Corvette Storm.jpg (237KB, 856x939px) Image search: [Google]
Armada Corvette Storm.jpg
237KB, 856x939px
So I got a total of 4 Corvettes for Armada after buying a couple while they were on sale, and I've gotten to thinking... isn't Admiral Ackbar's ability best spread out across a lot of little ships rather than used to make home one do 1 super attack a turn?

That's not just a bonus 2 red dice a turn, that's a bonus 2 red dice a turn per ship. I might just be desperate to use my Corvettes, but depending on how much I concentrate fire, I could be rolling 16-20 red dice a turn from long range out of just my Corvettes. I wanted to make a very simple fun list and this sounds like a blast.
>>
>>43479439

It pumps out a lot of firepower, but I'd be concerned about staying power - corvettes are flimsy at the best of times and have essentially zero recovery, if they take a crit that crit is staying with them.

That said, I think your list will struggle against squadron heavy or agile enemies - I'd be worried about gladiators in particular, especially the demolisher.
>>
>>43479852
Range 3 is the name of the game here. I expect casualties but they're gonna have to get in close to rival me. If I see a gladiator, you better believe I'm picking it off. As far as squadrons, I feel like I have sufficient amount of counter squadrons in the list. If it doesn't flat out wipe their potential bombers, I at least expect them to bring the squadron game to a stand still.
>>
>>43479899

Imperial Venn Diagram of Death would eat your fighter cover and let a rhymer ball play.
At it's most basic it's Fel/Howl/Mithel/Int running off a ship with Chiraneau and Flight controllers with 1 or more advanced either as a separate flight that jumps in or as part of the diagram.
-Mithel hits everyone for one every turn thanks to Chiraneau
-Fel hurts any retaliators (who have to go through the advanced first)
Howl + flight controllers give buckets of blue for the dirty work.

At its most base it's 72 points (Plus 16 in ship upgrades) that virtually guarantees fighter superiority over anyone not not majorly invested in fighters. It's also cheap enough that you can run a Rhymer ball with it.

Added bonus - corvettes are frail enough that the VDoD can kill them too once the fighter cover is gone.
>>
>>43467366
Incidently, pairing Guri with Bodyguard with any mid-agility ship with good firepower and getting in the opponents gives hilarious results. She can block aces with her crazy dial and actions, then get that sweet Focus token and either help punch people in the dick or spend it to help her mid-agility buddy (I'm looking at you, Firespray) become a TIE Interceptor.
>>
>>43480068

An example of a squadron heavy fleet running the VDoD:

e12e12e13e7e3e10e5s3n1e1c6o10w2g1e1g1e8e9e9e9

Additional point of order - you would initially have an activation advantage over this fleet.
It would win the initiative bid though.
>>
>>43477168
Except that movie is fucking retarded. I'm not gonna do the full rant, I'll just focus on the worst parts.
>It's hard to do a sneak and peek when you're over ten feet tall
Bradley is less than ten feet tall, fuckwagon, do your research.
>but if we put a big gun on it the enemy'll shoot at it
Because in a warzone the enemy are always SO considerateand NEVER shoot at the big ol' taxi full of soldiers.
>Oh great, anti-tank missiles
Yes, great. Fun fact, the Bradley has more tank kills under its belt since 1991 than every single US tank COMBINED in that same time period.
>This was gonna be so beautiful.
Slow down there, hoss. It was gonna be a replacement for the M113. It was gonna be utterly forgettable, and completely unnecessary considering we STILL use the M113 and it does a pretty solid job as a battle taxi. It's not an APC anymore bucko, it's an IFV NOW. You know, that thing the Russians hve had for quite a while now and that we've been thinking about since Korea?

These faggots are the Pierre Sprey of ground combat.
>>
>>43480566
Really, the takeaway from that movie should be 'when you start a project and set its goals, make sure you accounted for the *future's* environment and needs as well as current ones. Repeatedly changing the end-goal specs in the middle of the design process in response to things you should have seen coming only leads to protracted, expensive clusterfucks'.

Like customers who keep bitching at the builders for not finishing their house RFN, when *they're* the ones who keep telling the architect to do X, Y and Z instead. The architect has to do a complete redesign mid-project and give the builders the new plans, the builders have to dismantle half the shit they've finished and completely shift gears on everything else, and the customer winds up blaming a three-month construction delay *that he caused* on the poor bastards swinging the hammers.
>>
>>43469879
The TIE/d already has ordinance launchers.
>>
>>43470297
One of the reasons I dislike KOTOR is dismissing of the archaic Tales of the Jedi tech and giving us the same designs you see 3k+ years later.
>>
>>43481471
TIE/d Strike configuration? I kinda like the idea.
>>
tl;dr What different sources of static defense are there in EotE/AoR/F&D

Been playing FFG's EotE for a while now and discussed the rules for defense yesterday with a friend of mine. I've always been under the impression that a high defense was hard to come by, but as it turns out defense from armor, cover, defensive/reflective quality and talents like sixth sense/armor master/whatever all seem to stack, as they say "increase" rather than giving you a fixed value. Moreover I haven't found a source other than armor that gives you a static rating. Is there even one or is that bit about things not stacking exclusively their way of future proofing/saying "no, 3 sets of armor don't mean 3 times the defense boost."?
>>
Who's gonna make the new thread?
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.