[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That Guy Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 58

File: 1367196302107.png (189KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1367196302107.png
189KB, 480x360px
Has your That Guy ever tried to coax you into his Magical Realm? What are the little things she does that make every session a struggle? Tell us your That Guy stories.
>>
>>43453144
>she

Trying too hard.
>>
File: 1395671926477.gif (1MB, 292x278px) Image search: [Google]
1395671926477.gif
1MB, 292x278px
>>43453265
>Thinking only men browse 4chan
>>
>>43453380
That's actually a rule: "There are no girls on the internet." How new are you?
>>
File: 1445920245822.jpg (101KB, 1280x463px) Image search: [Google]
1445920245822.jpg
101KB, 1280x463px
>>43453144
I have a girl in my game who's endgame goal is to become a giant. Pretty magical realmy.
>>
>>43453563
That's hardly a new thing.
King Nimrod (of Babylon, you know, the tower story) usurped power of Nephilim and became "giant of a man".
>>
>>43453380
>thinking girls are more than a negligible minority in anything /tg/-related

Stay in denial, SJW.
>>
File: plane_of_level_20_monks.png (34KB, 1887x447px) Image search: [Google]
plane_of_level_20_monks.png
34KB, 1887x447px
>>
>>43453144

I've had a girl who loves cheating and bad boys in general. She always picks a love interest/fuck buddy who is evil or otherwise troublesome. You know the rival in anime who gets beaten down when the hero shows off his real power, and is a sexually aggressive douchebag to the female lead? She'll fuck him.
>>
>>43453741
Hardly magical realm. Bitches love bad boys, it's nothing new.
>>
>>43453144
>she

You are That Guy.
>>
>>43453781

Yeah, but it's hard to do a campaign around that. It screws with the narrative arc.
>>
File: 1411451798392.png (38KB, 195x182px) Image search: [Google]
1411451798392.png
38KB, 195x182px
The one guy who uses flawed logic to argue without any real reason to complain.

>Explosion during bbeg fight
>Everyone gets knocked back and takes a few rounds to reorient themselves (ears ringing, shock, general explosion situation)
>Resident That Guy complains about it despite literally everyone is affected, even bbeg
>Keeps complaining using flawed logic and rules butchering
>MFW I got bored and was able to make a complete random plot and mission generator for Deathwatch waiting for it to blow over

He also said that the things they use in AoT to swing around with are extremely feasible. After we told him that anything that could swing them would be lodged in whatever they used for leverage, his argument was "retractable buttons" I'm not kidding.
>>
>>43453442
>im familiar with old memes and spout them at any given opportunity so i can think im a cool guy on an anonymous message board

Pls die
>>
>>43453682
Hows the fleshlight working out?
>>
>>43453144
Actually did have a That Guy experience just a couple days ago.

>Be me
>Go to Numenera game.
>Regular players are a spunky female Nano (me), a devious Jack, and a simple-minded Glaive.
>That guy is new player, does not introduce himself when I show up and nobody introduce him for him
>Playing another Glaive
>Wields "forearm blades".
>Is a lycanthrope, but turns into a dragon instead of a wolf.
>Character is introduced as partner of other Glaive, whose player had to make a new character because he lost his first sheet (guy's really forgetful but overall he's pretty cool)
>That Guy mostly just belittles intelligence of his "partner"
>Calls my character--the ostensible leader of the group--a dimwitted whore at every other turn.
>>
>>43454314
>Is a lycanthrope, but turns into a dragon instead of a wolf

should have stopped there m8
>>
>>43454314
So, a... dracothrope? Or something like that? Did he still change during the full moon, or did something else trigger the transformation?
>>
File: b90.png (243KB, 342x450px) Image search: [Google]
b90.png
243KB, 342x450px
>>43454486

He hasn't transformed yet. The only reason I even know is because he told us IC.

>>43454388
I'm friends with everyone else and we've already been playing, so it'd be a little weird to just drop out. My character's not the type to just kill someone because they're weird, so there hasn't been any drama yet.

The guy's character is mostly just deadweight who neither contributes to or hinders the group.
>>
>>43454580
Drakanthrope, forgot about the word etymology for a second.

Also, really? That's kinda lame coming out with that right away IC. Could have been an interesting scene for it to come as a surprise during a tense scene. Preferably when it would be detrimental to the group.

ICly, Is he at all angry about his state of being, or does he like being a drakanthrope?
>>
>A religion in the setting with a single goddess
>At some point in their life, male believers are visited by the goddess who will seek to lay with them
>This experience is what is considered "becoming a man", and how angels are made

It was pretty magical to say the least.
>>
>>43454677
That's... actually kind of interesting. Not even from a magical realmy perspective. Is that the only time the goddess physically interacted with her worshipers? Or were there other phenomena?
>>
I have a 'that guy' in my current group

>calls his female character 'tits mcgee'
>outs himself as gay within ten minutes of meeting him
>constantly makes shit jokes which end with long silences of 'what the fuck'
>on the third session he casually mentions 'I wish I was born a dog'
>turns out he's a furry
>sent me a friendship request
>fuck it I'll accept
>his page is full of tumblr shit and him in a furry costume

And yet I still don't have it in me to be a dick to the guy. Just have to wait it out until the campaign is over.
>>
>>43453265
Nope. By the look of this thread it was perfect bait.
>>
>>43454659

He doesn't seem to be particularly vexed by it. I think he just thinks it's cool both IC and OOC
>>
>>43454708
Women had a similar thing where she would visit them in person for difficult things relating to being a woman, like child birth, and she would sit with them and hold their hand and imbue them with strength.

Also miracles in general could occur but as expected, they aren't predictable and don't necessarily mean the goddess herself shows up to make the miracle occur.
>>
File: 1438650213566.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1438650213566.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
>>43454735
Anon, he's bad for you.
>>
>>43454735
...I feel like I know this guy.
I knew a guy like him, except his trademark animal was a fox.
I used to be friends with him, and then we went our ways after high school.
I kinda tried to passively not associate with him because furries make me uncomfortable, but I didn't know for sure until the last year of high school.
The signs were there, though.
But then he got in a fight with some East European (who I later found out was a misanthropist) on a Roll20 game. I was running.
The European guy just seemed to try too hard to be cool, and I eventually ended contact with both of them.
>>
>>43454793
That's really lame then. Conditions like that should be such that, unless the afflicted is some kind of douchebag (and based on your description, he seems to be)), that they should never be happy about their condition, and seek to cure it.

>>43454794
That's pretty cool. Were there any other interesting deities in that campaign?
>>
File: 1234688716944.jpg (13KB, 185x164px) Image search: [Google]
1234688716944.jpg
13KB, 185x164px
Everytime my That Guy creates a character, he seems to give it a serious case of autism just to fuck with every single social encounter I have.

>Regularly walks away during the middle of expositions because "his character isn't interested in talking." Missions tend to dereail soon after because everyone follows him and then don't know what the hell they're meant to be doing
>Party enters an inn at the bequest of a mysterious benefactor. That Guy immediately starts a bar fight "because my character is always suspicious of people in bars" and everyone gets kicked out. Mission can't continue without meeting benefactor
>Sneaking through large complex, avoiding guards. That Guy randomly attacks a guard the party already snuck by "because the rogue told him to be sneaky but my character doesn't listen to orders"

Getting real tired of shit here. The worst part is he always justifies it by claiming its in character.
>>
>>43454910
....Have you and the rest of the party tried talking to him? If he refuses to correct his behavior, he needs to be booted immediately.
>>
>>43453724

Baal of Arms Man.png
>>
>>43454910
He just hates you guys.
He would have to be legitimately mentally handicapped to think that is a good idea.
Or maybe he just likes combat too much, and thinks 'talking/sneaking is for girls'.
Also >>43454931.
>>
>>43454910
Everyone roll up holy characters and maul his character for being retarded because "It's in their character.".
>>
File: {{Farts externally}}.png (358KB, 262x490px) Image search: [Google]
{{Farts externally}}.png
358KB, 262x490px
I once played with a gal that made a female monk that only attacked with kicks.
every turn she'd talk about her feet or something related.

the GM just made the BBEG cut her legs off in the first turn when we arrived.

it was a fun campaign.
>>
>>43454910
Kill his character. The next time he starts shit in a bar, wait for the fight to end. Then, stab him in the back when he's either asleep or fleeing from the scene. Claim it's in character.
>>
>>43454794
Oh also remembered, when the baby was born the goddess would bless the baby with a kiss. If the woman didn't have anyone to help her with the birth, the goddess herself would actually help deliver. As such, some women preferred this and would seek solitude before the delivery.

>>43454855
My favorite was a god with the form of a young man and a dog (though could assume different forms but it was always either a young man or woman and some sort of animal companion), and his domain was travels. Not very powerful and not officially worshiped in the sense of a proper religion, but people would make an offering or invoke his favor for a journey and he might notice. He spent his time traveling the roads and waterways making sure they were well-kept and safe, and helping lost or weary travelers. If your inn or establishment was welcoming to strangers and he liked the place, he'd be more likely to stop off there in his travels and bring fortune and friendship. Thus, travel routes tended to be determined by a dotted line of establishments he liked and frequented, like stepping stones in his grand never-ending journey, and people followed after him.

There were some others too, like a grumpy satyr goddess who bullied things and headbutted them, and a strange faith of a river/nature goddess whose physical form was giant and among the various characteristics of the faith, that if you remained in physical contact with her you were met with eternal youth and health as long as you kept in touch so she was always surrounded by faithful trying to hold onto her, which she considered to be an annoyance.
>>
>>43454855
>they should never be happy about their condition
Pretty shit m8.
>>
>>43454967
Yikes.
>>
>>43455066
Turning into a mindless monster isn't exactly something most people would consider to be a good thing.

If it's not that kind 'anthropy' then they're just a shapeshifter, and should be called such.
>>
>>43455103
not the worst i've played with. i've seen enough furfaggotry for a life time.
>>
>>43455066
>>43455104
>>43454855
>>43454793
I want to create a character now, maybe an NPC/enemy, who contracts some form of Lycanthropy and just gets really, really pumped, like this is the most exciting shit.
>>
>>43454931
Eh the rest of the party don't seem to mind since admittedly it tends to lead to interesting scenarios in the end and I'm fairly good at the DM art of "invisible railroading" so they end up where they need to be eventually. It's just frustrating because it does end up skipping a lot of flavour which I also spend a lot of time preparing. In fact,

>His first session
>He came in pretty late and he joined at the time when the party met an extremely plot important NPC they've been looking for the entire campaign. He can tell them both how to stop the BBEG and also what's up with all the mysteries they've been encountering the whole campaign so I was pretty excited to introduce him. Spent ages preparing his backstory and everything
>When the party meets him and he begins to explain his past and how it ties into all the mysteries, That Guy literally says word for word "We don't care about your backstory, just tell us where we need to go next"
>NPC awkwardly points out where to go and what they need to do there
>That Guy walks off in that direction and the rest follow him, not realising that the NPC was really lore important.
>>
>>43455104
>Turning into a mindless monster
Isn't guaranteed to happen, because it's a function of setting.

>A werewolf, also known as a lycanthrope (from the Greek λυkάνθρωπος lykánthropos: λύkος, lykos, "wolf", and ἄνθρωπος, anthrōpos, "man"), is a mythological or folkloric human with the ability to shapeshift into a wolf or a therianthropic hybrid wolf-like creature, either purposely or after being placed under a curse or affliction (e.g. via a bite or scratch from another werewolf). Early sources for belief in lycanthropy are Petronius and Gervase of Tilbury.
>either purposely
>purposely
Sorry mate, your definition isn't quite right.
>>
File: 1417844181190.gif (2MB, 388x218px) Image search: [Google]
1417844181190.gif
2MB, 388x218px
>"Lycanthropy can be transmitted sexually."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>43455190
wolf aids is some shit
>>
>>43455190
My autism insists I say that it makes sense, since a disease that can pass through bites could also pass through sexual contact, but...
>>
>>43454967
>>43455103
>>43455128

Sounds pretty hot to me, but fit and leggy women are my magical realm.
>>
File: autism.jpg (65KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
65KB, 567x561px
>>43455190
>>
File: 1445364729858.jpg (140KB, 431x600px) Image search: [Google]
1445364729858.jpg
140KB, 431x600px
>>43455137
That's great, like, really awesome. I love the idea of spending time and effort on something, and then having some chucklefuck tell you that they don't care. It feels amazing.
>>
I've got a Brujah player in our current group that is pissing me off.

He was Embraced just 30 years ago, while everyone else is at least a century older. He's apparently convinced the Storyteller that he already deserves to have Potence 5 and Celerity 5, and is on his way to bullying him into giving him dots in Presence, Auspex, and Dominate.

On top of that, he claims to lead in every situation even though every decision he makes would get us killed. The player metagames constantly, since he knows a lot about oWoD even though the character would not. And when I call him out on it, he threatens to kill my character.

Bunch of bullshit.
>>
>>43455215
I speak from personal experience, where the one time in a game I thought to try out a romance, the NPC turned out to be a werewolf and transmitted the condition to my character sexually.

And then started a whole nightmare plot about pack leadership and clan struggles.
>>
>>43455035
I like this DM's worldbuilding. Seeing the way little and big things the gods do visibly affecting how people behave is pretty great.

>>43455137
Unfortunately, that's just something that happens, and I know that feeling. The players don't even need to be a That Guy, they just have to be disinterested.

I learned to accept that the players wouldn't see most of what I prepare behind the scenes a long time ago.

>>43455147
I am aware that there are there are more than one instances of it, but it seems to me that it more often than not appears in the negative context. So I personally just find it weird when people call a shapeshifter that has complete control over their transformation a 'lycanthrope.'

But that's just me I guess.
>>
>>43455226
Even when their legs have been removed?
>>
>>43455226
she wasn't even fit, muscular, or amazon-like. at least that's not what she put on her sheet. she was literally just a fetish character.
>>
>>43455265
>I like this DM's worldbuilding.

It wasn't entirely him, he asked for us to each contribute in various ways, including to make up at least one god or faith.
>>
Gamers are the most judgmental people on earth. Now that's irony on multiple fronts.
>>
>>43455257
If the rest of your group and the Storyteller aren't willing to do anything about it, you need to just leave. That kind of crap isn't worth putting up with.

No gaming is better than bad gaming. I say this having not been able to play a game in quite some time (mostly due to my erratic work schedule, but eh). I feel relieved when I keep hearing horror stories like this.

>>43455309
That's also pretty cool. A DM that gets the players involved in creating the setting is a good way to keep the PCs invested in the campaign.
>>
>>43455265
You'll feel even weirder when I tell you that 'lycanthropy' was originally only for people who THOUGHT they turned into a wolf (clinical lycanthropy/zoanthropy), and only started being used to refer to actual shapeshifters 250 years later.
>>
>>43455331
The problem is, the rest of the group are my coworkers and I like them. That Guy is one of their friends that they've known for years, which is why they don't call him out on this shit. I've known him for just a few months, so I have no connection to him. It's just an awkward situation but trust me, I've been heavily considering leaving for a while.
>>
>>43455215
It's not really autism to point out that it makes sense. It's more autism-based magical realm to have it come up in game.....

Actually, I could see that working
>BBEG infects some whores and/or bards with lycanthropy right after a full moon.
>Sends them off into a town
>Next month dozens of werewolves all over town
>Folks are confused because none of them have been bitten

Gives the infection a little bit longer to spread.

>>43455272
Obviously not. Chick can't be leggy if they've been cut off.

>>43455279
Too bad. Was she at least cute irl? Attractive women with foot/leg fetishes are another magical realm of mine.
>>
>>43455385
i guess? she had the looks of a normie, but acted like a jaded outcast.

haven't seem her since our GM decided to fuck with her characters since she did nothing but brag about them.
>>
>>43455370
So I'm learning through Google. Dresden Files alerted me to this type of lycanthrope a while back, but I'd kind of forgotten about it.

>>43455384
That is kind of an awkward situation to be in, yeah. But trust me, you'll feel better getting out of that. Doesn't mean you have to stop associating with your coworkers, just make sure they know you take issue with this one guy, and that it's nothing against the rest of them. If they take offense anyway, then they might just not be worth hanging out with.
>>
>>43453563
>wanting to become a giant.
Not really, unless she says some pretty fetish things she would do with that, or your DM could give her giant named items.
>>
>>43454025
Care to share the generator? Sounds cool.
>>
>>43455190
>>43455215
Ginger Snaps does this. Main antag infects horny teenager with wolf-aids and he becomes the main antag in the sequal.
>>
>>43455591
She bit him. But yeah he did seem to developed lycan-herpes. Also the sequel was great except for the kid.
>>
>>43455591
So does Peter is the Wolf.
>>
Haven't played many games but the most disturbing character I played with was a disgraced plague doctor surgeon who was extremely skilled but reviled for questionable practices and use of chemicals and poison. It was standard medieval fantasy as well so the living body was in many ways still a mystery, so in the context of the setting it was even creepier. The player IRL was a surgeon so she had an idea of what she was on about, and enjoyed regaling us with gory details when asked.

In particular she loved lobotomizing people, even just for fun. Was skilled enough to do it really quickly and cleanly (she could pull it off in a grapple) and called it her "Friendmaker" trick. We were always in quiet fear of going to sleep around her since she did it to an admittedly evil and traitorous party member. For actual enemies, without question.

I don't like that the DM allowed it to happen, and I didn't like that it felt like she was playing herself as how she would like to be if she could get away with it. To be fair though she was a really effective character, and combat-wise focused on disabling opponents.
>>
>>43455783
>playing herself as how she would like to be if she could get away with it.

Of the myriad problems my group's That Guy presents, this is one of the most painful. He comes up with character concepts that seem interesting, but at the end of the day they all turn into him, but without having to worry about (as many) consequences. He has even at one point freely admitted he is roleplaying as himself.
>>
>>43455846
I honestly find it difficult to put up with players who 'roleplay' like that. Self-insert characters just seem so incredibly lame to me.

But to each their own, I guess. I just choose not to game with them.

>>43455783
That is insanely creepy. I'm glad I don't know this person.
>>
>>43455846
That's funny, I've actually got a player in my current game who admitted that he made his character as a shameless self-insert but which has since become its own thing.
>>
>>43455783
Reminds me of a game of Cyberpunk where one of the players constantly used his "Neural Nullifier Nuckles". One punch would cause anyone to be instantly knocked out, so he was using them kidnap people to torture them for information. It was more infuriating because each knuckle only took a round to recharge, so he could knock out someone in each round of combat almost without fail due to lucky dice rules.

The fact the GM allowed him to have them with such a ridiculous recharge rate was shitty. any kind of combat wasn't fun, because unless it was a gunfight he would get everyone incapped within a few rounds.
>>
File: 1434473380163.png (93KB, 173x302px) Image search: [Google]
1434473380163.png
93KB, 173x302px
>>43455226
feet are my magical realm. and fit peeps. so uh.
>>
>>43453144
>She
Either a typo or a Freudian slip and there's a story behind this.
>>
>>43455783
To be honest I wouldn't mind playing with her, sounds like fun.
>>
>>43455249
NPC should have told them to go fuck themselves. Why should he help if ask he's going to get is abuse?
>>
I avoided allowing a That Guy into my group. He was a friend of one of my players.
>says he wants to play a barbarian becausethey get to kill and rape everthing.
>outright claims that he wants to mess around other players plans.
>basically says that be a internet troll, but in our game.
>the campaign was freeform so he though he would jjst play like it was skyrim and he would get away woth anything he wanted.
I told him that trolling doesn't work in real life, and if he wants to try shit in my game then i'ĺl punch him in the fucking face.
Never heard from him again.
>>
>>43453682
Depends on where you live. Denmark's had a huge influx of teenage girls into the hobby over the past decade or so, to the point where it can be easier to find girls at university to play pnp than boys.

I'll agree that women are a negligible minority on /tg/ the board though, and I'd like to state that the less fuss is made over ones gender on 4chan, the better.
>>
File: ss.jpg (16KB, 211x238px) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
16KB, 211x238px
>>43453144
My NWoD storyteller ran a campaign where the players where stuck in a weird desert after being the only survivors of a planecrash. There was a Jinn or some other spirit following the party and fucking with each in various ways. My character was a 23 year old virgin computer nerd (Everyone else made kungfu ninjas and gangbangers, so I wanted to go against the grain) with social anxiety, who clung to the one nonfrightening party member for protection. When the spirit fucked with him, he would hallucinate a beautiful, motherly woman seducing and comforting him and telling him to walk in a certain direction to reach her. IRL this played out as the storyteller dragging me out in the hall and talking to me in character, complete with putting on sexy voice and stroking my face and chest. Since I was 13 and completely unexperienced with women and she was an 18-year old buxom chick, I was somewhere between aroused and scared.

was a pretty cool campaign though, actually
>>
File: 1441957438055.jpg (577KB, 1000x714px) Image search: [Google]
1441957438055.jpg
577KB, 1000x714px
>>43458926
>survivors of a planecrash

Did something go wrong with the master plan?
>>
>>43455328
I don't know much about gamers, but traditional roleplayers and other tabletop enthusiasts tend to be the most accepting of otherness out of pretty much any subculture apart from maybe certain online communities that actively seek out strangeness in an effort to be unique. I know I've met more flawed, strange and often outright unstable people in my /tg/ hobbies then anywhere else, and for the most part they're completely accepted even though they would be bullied out of any other social environment.
There's a reason we have such a large number of that guys. The hobby attracts people who don't fit into more normal social activities.
>>
>>43453724
Sounds more like anon and his group need to remove the sticks from their asses.
>>
>>43458926
.... Did /ss/ happen?
>>
File: GoOn.jpg (23KB, 278x338px) Image search: [Google]
GoOn.jpg
23KB, 278x338px
>>43458926
>sexy in-character
>touching
>alone in hallway
>older buxom lady

>>43459508
>>
>>43459576
What? I'm curious
>>
>>43456067
The right answer to this is to have their enemies start using them too, or houserule some kind of backfiring.

Or, you know, not care.
>>
>>43454677
>>43454794
>>43455035
It may be a little magical, but also hits some good ancient mysticism vibes. Good worldbuilding I'd say.

>>43455309
Still very much cool guy GM.

>>43455257
>>43455384
Encourage some of his suicidal plans and let him get his ass rekt while your character bails.
>>
>>43459654
As am I, hence the intensified sweating and staring.
>>
>>43454939
Ball of Arms man is the greatest, he's one of my favorite /tg/ characters
>>
>>43454794

What about gay men and women?
>>
>>43453682
In Brazil, there are plenty of girls that play RPG. I know 3 gaming couples that are actually married. Also, every girlfriend I had played too.
>>
>>43454314
>be me

gets me every time
>>
>>43460740
It's not like the goddess forces herself on men, they can totally refuse when she visits them, perhaps because they're gay, perhaps because they're not completely sure of their faith, or whatever else other reason. That said, because the goddess visits with them till successful conception of an angel, by refusing her would mean refusing the creation of an angel/daughter, which sort of act as guardian angels over their father for the duration of his life. So even if you're gay, one should consider if denying the goddess is worth denying the selfless act of creating an angel for the faith, and the selfish act of creating a personally concerned angel.

As for women there's no sexual component to the goddess' interaction with them, so they can be gay and still know the touch of the goddess. As said she devotes her presence to women in need/pain, so if a woman was gay and suffering debilitating menstrual pains, the goddess might nonetheless appear to help her out.
>>
>>43460944
> not wantin to plough an actual goddess.
>>
File: 1424110839350.png (401KB, 3180x4720px) Image search: [Google]
1424110839350.png
401KB, 3180x4720px
>>43460944
>they can be gay and still know the touch of the goddess.
>>
>>43454057
>not even knowing what it means
>>
>>43454314
Why is it always a dragon? I had a player once that played a Thri-Kreen werebear that fluffed it so instead of being a bug that turns into a mammal, he transformed into an umberhulk like giant beetle.

Played the grappling power of the bear transformation as using his massive mandibles to keep the enemy in place. Used a picture of Herculeskabutarimon as a reference.
>>
>>43460965
>Your goddess assumes physical form and comes to visit you in all her infinite splendor, compassion and grace
>Grab ahold of her, hike up her robes, bend her over a table and rough fuck her

Sounds disrespectful and sacrilegious desu senpai
>>
>>43455328
>be judged whole life
>surprised when they judge back
>>43457938
I thought so too at first, but it reminded me of a friend who was an EMT and remembering some of the fucked up shit doctors do / see, I can understand the turn off
>>
File: 1445416390582.gif (354KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
1445416390582.gif
354KB, 240x200px
>>43460969
> Ewww vagina
Why cant this so called goddess grow a dick?
>>
File: 1411874275969.gif (922KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1411874275969.gif
922KB, 400x225px
>>43461043
The original sentence was about gay women anon. I couldn't find this waggling eyebrows gif before,
>>
>>43460983
>Herculeskabutarimon
Mah giganigga.
>>
>>43461076
Fuck.
What sort of all powerfull being cant grow a dick anyway?
>>
>>43461043
She probably can. It's just not in her nature, or her creation of people in ascribed genders. I can't imagine she would decline some lesbian action though if the woman she was visiting sought it, and the goddess deemed that it would help the woman in a way she needed.

Perhaps straying farther into the magical realm, but I know of at least one case described by the player who created the faith, of a woman being upset/depressed because her love life was lackluster and apparently never experienced an orgasm, so the goddess visited her to "guide" her properly through the process of masturbation in order to understand her own body as a first step to a happier marriage. Your guess as good as mine to what "guide" meant, though to be fair this situation was said jokingly. It's a made up fantasy setting so who REALLY cares, but it's anyone's interpretation of the canonicity of the situation.
>>
>>43461130
> muh futa fantasy
I didnt even read all that
>>
>>43461197
If you had, you'd have realised that the goddess could, but wouldn't.
>>
Ugh, I've got this one chucklefuck in a pathfinder session of mine who's playing this Mister Mxyzptlk wannabe sorcerer (apparently based off of a character from Gravity Falls, but I've no idea what the fuck that is).

Normally I'd be okay with that if the player and his character weren't such massive fuckboys. In character, all he does is yell into his mic in what I believe is an attempt at "LOLSORANDOM" humour. Said chucklefuck character is apparently a dimension/time travelling uberpowerful immortal who is somehow stuck in a level three sorcerer played by a guy who knows nothing about the setting or system (normally not a big deal to me, but it's kind of irksome when the dude is playing this type of character).

My intent is to try and convince the party barbarian to kill him next session, but I've no idea if that will actually work.
>>
>>43461221
>>43461197

Yeah, it's against her divine design of men and women as purposefully distinct. In the rare situation where she deemed intimacy as a help to a woman in need, she'd most likely try to find her a man or woman depending on her preference. Failing that, and assuming a phallus-thing was needed for whatever reason, she'd probably use a conjured dildo or something.

Again, her job isn't to be on call for any little problem or for sex, she visits women in times of great need or great pain/suffering.
>>
>>43461266
So am i gonna get the futa d yay or nay?
>>
>>43461340
No.
>>
>>43461340
Not from that goddess. If you want weird divine dick girl interaction, go for one of the wacky willing shape changer gods.
>>
>>43461352
>>43461348
Well shit.
>>
File: kill me.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
Two weeks in and I already know we have a That Guy

>play L5R CCG
>one night the new guy brings his friend
>disgusting fucked up teeth, speaks with a holier-than-thou voice, greasy ass hair, constantly belches (and I'm talking drunken-dwarf-after-a-night-of-cheese-and-beer belches), the works
>whatever at least its another person playing
>fast forward a few months, one of the main guys in my group decides to start an obscure RPG campaign
>its my first time playing any kind of RPG, so I decide to base my character off an L5R one because this realm is basically a mess of portals and shit so its pretty modular
>That Guy decides to play too
>makes a fire wizard, super greedy, general dick and never hesitates to use said fire magic (even if we're on, say, a fucking zeppelin)
>even at the second session he's cheating on rolls, he always rolls highest initiative every time somehow, even over the guy who made his character to go first every time with advantages
>always does stupid shit that gets us into trouble
>lit me on fucking fire one time on purpose because "lol youre a tank man, you can tank that damage, that 20 hp guard needed me to finish him off :)"

What do I do in this situation?
>>
>>43461234
Maybe ask the barbarian character who the character in Gravity Falls is. Even if he doesn't know, it might help you gauge whether or not the player is also annoyed, and thus more likely to take the PK bait you have planned.

Hell, try it with the rest of the party.
>>
>>43461375
Have the futa goddess rape him.
>>
>>43461390
Will do.

Another player gave me the gist of what this guy is based upon, can't remember any names, just know that he was a weird Illuminati pyramid looking dude.

I know at least two other players are mildly annoyed by him, gonna try and gauge the Barbarian player's reactions next session.
>>
>>43461413
Bill Cypher?
>>
>>43461428
That's the one, yeah.
>>
Has anyone else had a situation where That Guy is only That Guy one time?

Because I had that experience where one of my best friends in college, great guy, good friend, turned into a complete That Guy when he played his first character in our campaigns there.

Basically my friend is a kind of abrasive guy, a little smug, a little arrogant, kind of an annoying self-assured superior atheist, and has an inability to accept that anything could ever be his fault. But he has a lot of other character traits that make him a good friend and fun to be around, he's funny, witty, genuinely cares for people, willing to go out of his way in big ways for his friends.

But his first character was essentially himself with all his good traits removed and his negative traits magnified.

'Kinda frustrating' became 'colossal asshole'. 'somewhat self centered' became 'I'm the only important person here'. 'Annoying self assurance' became 'I could kill this entire party and finish this quest myself if it amused me to do so'. 'A touch of ego' became 'EGO TRIUMPHANT'.

It was so frustrating because he obviously enjoyed playing the character and had fun in the campaign, but became incredibly frustrating and unfun to deal with, playing an abrasive, selfish asshole of a character, but convinced both IC and OOC that he was a lovable rogue who was actually charming.

He also fell into the pit of playing Chaotic Neutral as just being a flimsy excuse to do whatever he wanted at any given moment regardless of how it affected others, and commit evil acts without actually being evil. He killed people and started fights that nearly got party members killed just to amuse himself and was very dismissive of the deaths of others or the wants of the other characters.

Which made it all the more surprising that when he was eventually playing different characters he did so extremely well and fit in with the party a lot more, especially with characters that were very different from his own personality.
>>
>>43461669
Well I'd think that he went in with expectation of the game allowing him to do whatever the hell he wanted but later on understood about characters and plots and thus fixed his shit.

Or just
> has an inability to accept that anything could ever be his faul
plus
> a lovable rogue who was actually charming
>>
>>43461712
I suppose so. His other characters were a humble and kindly monk with a tragic and rather well done backstory, and an orc Felrider who formed a hilarious and touching double act with his warg mount.

They both worked really well and were well received by the party and players, just after he stopped being that guy from the first game.

Sadly that character returned as an NPC in a later campaign and dredged up those bad aspects of the player once again.

But that's more of a That GM story.
>>
>>43461932

>But that's more of a That GM story.

Don't think that you shouldn't share, anon. WE all love a good story.
>>
File: Princess Muscle Wizard.jpg (253KB, 600x523px) Image search: [Google]
Princess Muscle Wizard.jpg
253KB, 600x523px
>>43453563

I'm ok with this.

Granted, it's also my magical realm, but it still is a perfectly reasonable goal for a character. You wouldn't bat an eye if a player wanted to become an angel or some shit by the end of the campaign
>>
Got a player in my campaign that plays a "Dark, Angsty" sorcerer with the aberrant bloodline, always stressing how freaky and unnerving his mutations are, his eyes going all back and nose sinking into his face when he uses magic, voldemort looking crap, really. He loves abusing Blindness/Deafness and Color spray and is constantly shouting in enemies faces about how his magic is "Older and darker" than theirs. His alignment is supposedly Lawful Neutral. I swear he's gonna turn on us, he loves that kind of thing.
>>
>>43459508
>>43459576
Shit, sorry to leave you hanging.

It didn't ever go as far as 4chan would hope, but she became very fond of me and started taking me to the movies and stuff. As in, she'd casually mention that she and her cool older friends (18-20 year olds) were going to see some movie and ask if I wanted to come. When I said yes, she'd pick me up in her car and it would just be the two of us. She'd hold my hand and take me to dinner, but she never did anything illegal.

Then she suddenly moved in with her boyfriend that I didn't even know existed. I was both sad and relieved IIRC. I have a huge fetish for women taller than myself now.
>>
>>43454967
I have a special hate for this sort of shit only because I find foot fetishists to be insufferable fucking shitheads who fag up everything they participate in.
>>
>>43461983
>>43461932
Okay. Here's my That GM story.

Again, this isn't exactly a bad GM like the other wasn't really a bad player. We had a very good first campaign with this guy, a fun adventure through a fantasy world set on floating islands with airships and magitek stuff, all very exciting and fun with cool political intrigue and fun NPCs.

Then, tragically, he decided that his next campaign would be him showing his chops as a 'serious storyteller'. Which translated into being the most over the top edgy grimdark he could possibly be and piling as much suffering and misery into the setting as humanly possible.

Further, his actual skill at writing and running the world took a nosedive. Instead of each session being an interesting adventure through engaging settings, it was just more miserable crap time after time after time. We had kinda a fun thing going at first where we were journeying through hell with the sin of each level being specially for one character in the party, that was cool.

But then someone seemed to complain behind closed doors and the GM caved in and pulled us out halfway through the planned arc, and later ruled the whole thing was just a dream or some bullshit like that, despite that clearly not being his original intention.

But he did more and more questionable things, like randomly infecting two players with a fatal highly infections plague that had no known cure, but would slowly drain their stats away to being totally useless and eventually kill them. This was done for literally no reason and there was no plan for it. The players eventually confided in me that they were cheating on their rolls to resist the disease affects because otherwise their stats would just decay to the point of being unable to effectively play.

The GM eventually completely forgot where he was going with that and stopped asking to roll to resist, eventually just dropping the whole thing.
>>
>>43462290

Woof. You probably dodged a huge bullet, then. I knew a girl back in highschool who had a boyfriend, but apparently liked boning younger dudes on the side. It's basically the same sort of thing as when a dude has a wife, but bones younger, hotter chicks.

The touching thing was the clue-in. As far as I'm concerned, physical contact is not a normal part of the DM/Player relationship. She was most certainly trying to get you to enter her magical realm, except for realsies and in both senses of what that implies.
>>
File: 1443494908603.jpg (331KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
1443494908603.jpg
331KB, 517x768px
>>43458763
The threat of actual physical violence is low-brow but it seems to work well enough in keeping some That Guys in line. Back in college I gamed with a marine and a professional trainer who both looked like the fought bears in the mountains and when we had a That Guy try to pull some shit, all they had to do to get him to back down was sit up straight and give him a look.

I guess that's why that particular That Guy prefers to play online these days.
>>
>>43462483
Furthermore he seemed to either completely forget where he was going with the story once we got out of hell, or never had any idea in the first place.

Because literally the next ten sessions was just him going in turns to destroy everything the party held dear in the most classic 'That GM' display of going to their home towns one by one and killing their entire family before burning the place to the ground.

The hobgoblin had his entire culture destroyed and people enslaved, the historian had her father murdered and beloved library burned down, the tengu had his people's enclave massacred and his only living relative fatally ill, over and over and over with each party member just having their backstory pissed all over.

Further, he seemed to outright ignore elements of people's backstory. The hobgoblin player had written up a huge and loving backstory for his whole culture, which was as I said totally obliterated.

My character was the estranged son of a merchant but who had been thrown out of his family for not following their approved ways of life, but upon returning to my homeland the GM seemed to have decided that my father was actually the king and I was now crown prince, which I explicitly said multiple times wasn't the case.

Furthermore when we went to my homeland, he asked me beforehand to help him brainstorm ideas for what the culture and setting was like. (I'd explicitly said it was a nameless far away place through a jungle and over an ocean to specifically avoid us ever going there.) But I sat down and brainstormed with him for three hours.

And when we got there? It was completely unrecognizable. Literally not one single aspect that we had brainstormed or I'd suggested was there and he essentially rewrote my character's whole family and backstory off the top of his head despite asking my thoughts first, nothing at all of what made my character work or his culture interesting was seen there and the whole thing was played as a joke.
>>
>>43462602
Further, the BBEG's whole damn armada was en route to presumably destroy my character's backstory and homeland next as I was the only one with a home town left un-burned and family un-murdered by that point, but mercifully the campaign died before they ever got there.

Interpersonal problems between the GM and a couple players as well as his love life eventually made the game die, which by that point was a mercy because even the GM knew that nobody was having fun anymore and was trying to come up with flimsy justifications for why this was still working.

Which is sad, like I said we had a great first campaign and the GM was a pretty good guy, but his second campaign was godawful grimdark bullshit that was a miserable chore to play through except for the antics of one or two players trying their best to be amusing.

I could cite specific examples of horrible sessions if anyone cares but that's the overall gist of it.
>>
>>43462602
>>43462483
>>43462652
Sounds like he just gets a bad idea he thinks is cool and then sticks with it all the way down to the gutter (lovable rogue character, deep and dark setting)
>>
>>43462745
Those were different people.

But that does describe what the GM was doing, having what he thought was a deep, meaningful, profound setting but was actually just really depressing dark unpleasantness.
>>
>>43454967
Sounds like a girl I'd like to meet
>>
>>43461669

>Has anyone else had a situation where That Guy is only That Guy one time?

Yep. I have a player who's normally a pretty good role player and makes interesting characters.

But one time during my own home brew DnD. Campaign. (Yes, I know I'm a pleb, but it was new.) It was set in a "fall of rome" esque setting, I had built up new faiths, maps, cities, and a story.

Unfortunately he decided to be a CN Halfling Barbarian.

He'd attack homeless people, start fights in Inn's and get the party in constant trouble. It can be hard watching your campaign dry up because of one bad character. I talked to him and he cooled down a bit, but not much, but before I could speak to him again he left for University.

It was really strange though, since normally he's a good guy. However, it's now a reason I'll never allow a CN barbarian into my campaigns.
>>
File: stop it.jpg (86KB, 456x386px) Image search: [Google]
stop it.jpg
86KB, 456x386px
i think i've posted this one before but

>be a guy
>make myself a female character because i'm just controlling them, not pretending i'm my character
>system has rolls for initial stats and an Appearance stat
>roll something really high
>that guy immediately tells me he's gonna rape my character
>we haven't even started and he's done like 5 rape jokes by now
>start getting really uncomfortable
>ask GM if it's okay to change my sheet into a male before we start because it was a bad idea
>that guy now makes rape jokes AND comments about how i'm just a tomboy now
>spends the whole session doing this
>tell him to shut the fuck up
>gets angry at me and calls me a faggot
>stop paying attention to him
>he starts again
>GM asks him to stop
>"I'm gonna rape you too"

tumblr is right sometimes
>>
File: tg's leonard nimoy thread.gif (419KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
tg's leonard nimoy thread.gif
419KB, 300x200px
>>43466495

>"I'm gonna rape you too"
>>
>>43464990
You should never allow CN at all into your campaigns. Or if they start attacking people and starting fights for no reason, you ask for their character sheet, then tell them "You're Chaotic Evil now, and that means you're now an NPC. Roll up a new character."
>>
>>43462558
Yeah. Im ex army, a bouncer and i compete in Strong man competitions. I get "fighting bears on mountains" comments from time to time.
The threat was more in the context of explaining that if you act like that in real life you are likely to get hit. If you act like that in one of my games then im the one who is going to hit you.
I care about my players and i work hard to create an enjoyable expereience for both them and myself and if your version of fun is at the expense of everyone at the table, then you can fuck right off.
>>
File: 1446432121923.png (209KB, 387x800px) Image search: [Google]
1446432121923.png
209KB, 387x800px
has any of you ever had a female That Guy?
a That Girl if you will

>she makes herself a ranger
>it's not a self insert, but it's a really bad character
>she "shoots first and ask questions later"
>this has brought us many ugly battles since she chooses to attack into the darkness while we're all out of position in a world with huge monsters
>constantly trying to kill NPCs for info instead of talking to them, we're kicked out of towns most of the time or at the very least are denied entrance to shops
>generic loner character
>keeps killing helpful and peaceful magical creatures for shits and giggles

>at one point we meet a friendly mountain giant that offers to carry us on his back in the general direction we were headed
>she says no and that she doesn't trust the giants or magical creatures in general
>we spend 35 minutes IRL trying to convince her in character to climb on the fucking giant so we can continue the adventure
>tell her to fuck off and depart in the giant's back
>n-no wait i wanna come with
>We spent more than half an hour trying to tell you to come with us, what gives?
>you see my character is very tsundere
>I choose to attack her and end up one-shotting her
>>
>>43466495
Telling him to shut up about his raging desire to have sex with another man makes /you/ the faggot?

Yeah sometimes people are just stupid that goes for any subject really.
>>
>>43453380
I'd be willing to make a bet of up to 200$ that /tg/ is 98% male.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>43466846
I'll bet it's at most 95% men.
>>
>>43466587
I feel like CN should only be allowed by players you know won't be massive chucklefucks about it.

Because, like, 90% of the time, people think CN is an excuse to be "wacky" and act like that fuckboy from that godawful Looking For Group comic.
>>
File: thats not how it works.png (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
thats not how it works.png
77KB, 500x500px
>>43466796
>you see my character is very tsundere

There's a difference between "being tsundere" and "being a crazy violent bitch". The distinction is unfortunately lost on many people, because these people are stupid.
>>
>>43466846

it's on >>43467018
inb4 purged in 5 minutes
>>
>>43461669
>Has anyone else had a situation where That Guy is only That Guy one time?

Yeah, one of the players in my group just decided to try and cockblock another player's character for an entire campaign. He just went to great lengths to keep him from succeeding with the imaginary ladies (and usually failed). Otherwise he's fine, if a bit fight-crazy. Which is fine, we have enough That Guy to deal with as it is.
>>
>>43466796
Depending on how anal-retentive(autistic) you want to get, Female That Guy and That Girl can be classified as two different things, where your story describes what is essentially a girl doing the general crap one would get from That Guy, but with lady parts attached. "That Girl" as an independent term generally refers to a female player who uses her status as a girl to get special privileges from the DM and other members of the group, and likely playing the victim when she gets called out on it.
>>
>>43453563

>girl wants to become a giant

Tell me more, anon.
>>
>>43466941
I think the biggest problem is how people explain CN to new players. Ot just players in general.
The most common character that pops up as an example is Deadpool. And when you tell a guy that he thinks, "fuck yeah, i'll play just like deadpool." Deadpool is an awesome character to read but there is areason everyone around him hates him.
I think the best example of chaotic neutral in modern media is Jane from Firefly. Follows no code, not particularly inclined towards good or evil and self serving. Does both good and evil acts. Thats how i always explain it.
>>
>>43466495
Was this an in person game? Because i have difficulty believeing that people can act like this in the real world without getting kicked in the head a few times. If someone says they are going to rape i'd feel fully justified in break a few of the bones as i show them to the door. What the hell is wrong with people?
>>
>>43467518
in person game, yeah
thing is he's a classmate and we were in his house, if i did anything i'd be the one missing the game, same reason GM didn't kick him right away
>>
>>43453682
Germany here.
PnP/Tabletop is so incredibly nieche here, that it is hard to find MALES who are into it. Females pretty mich are a myth like elves.
>>
File: 1360263274516.jpg (133KB, 365x301px) Image search: [Google]
1360263274516.jpg
133KB, 365x301px
>>43453265
My group's that guy is actually a girl.
also my wife... fuck me.
She has some issues with being a dickass thief, going so far as attempting to tie fellow PCs up while still engaging in combat, and wanting to rob every shopkeep or NPC encountered. If for whatever reason she cannot steal things, her answer is arson.
In the end, it was extremely difficult to ask her to leave the group. But I did anyways

Pic related. She's always an elf. Always.
>>
>>43467631
How did she take it?
>>
>>43454486
Lizothrope? Saurothrope?
>>
>>43467549
So basically he was the fat kid on the pkayground who got to change the rules of the game because it was his ball? That sort of entiled bullshit needs to be struck down when you see it. For their good as much as your own.
>>
>>43466796
It all makes sense. You did good killing her.
>>
File: average horror game.gif (719KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
average horror game.gif
719KB, 500x384px
>>43467711

Guy who posted the original greentext here.

It was explained to me that he had "lycanthropy" by the GM. And That Guy simply said that it was actually more like a were-dragon than a werewolf. I didn't press, so I'm not sure if Numenera has rules/names for different kinds of were-isms or if he just insisted on being a weredragon instead of a werewolf.
>>
File: 1372110493679.jpg (383KB, 679x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1372110493679.jpg
383KB, 679x1000px
>>43467662
With quiet dignity and grace.
A huge hissy fit followed by crying.
But she got over it.
We had excellent make-up sex
She plays decent characters in sci-fi games, so she just sticks to that.
No spoiler here, the above is true.
>>
>>43467287
See, I absolutely loathe Deadpool, so I kinda hate it when he's shown as the paragon of all things Chaotic Neutral.

Jayne's a pretty solid example of a CN dude who isn't a comedy character. I'd also say that a guy like Jonah Hex is a fairly good example of CN, depending on the series.
>>
>>43461375

I had a player that would partially cover his dice so no one else could really see his rolls. He ended up almost always rolling some sort of critical hit, so I made it a rule that everyone would have to throw their dice in a small plastic tupperware container (under the guise that it keeps the dice on the table). He stopped coming to sessions after he couldn't one-shot everything.
>>
>>43455783
Player personality aside, that is actually a very interesting concept for how a character fights. I love how she named it her "Friendmaker Trick." Adds just the right amount of grim humor to what she's doing to people. I love when someone takes a concept like "Field Medic" or something and puts an unexpected twist like that into it.
>>
>>43466796
I'd really love to know how she reacted to this, anon.
>>
>>43466495
Woah, if I were DM, that dude would be gone. What a sperg.
>>
>>43467964
I actually love Deadpool. But he is the main character of his own comic. He doesn't work with other characters well because no body likes him. Somepeople relate to that in a bad way "deadpool is awesome and nobody likes him, nobody likes me already, so if i want to be awesome i should act like deadpool."
Its like those kids who act up to get attention even though its negative.
If i ever have a player twll me that "my character is the comic relief" then i automatically assume that he is going to be an issue.
>>
I have questions to ask and I will try to give as much info as i can

Is my GM >That GM
Am I >That Guy
Is my fellow partymember >That Guy

So i've been playing Dark Heresy with this group since around October.

Everything was fine and dandy until we reached a part of our campaign where the GM said explicitly that he was running the premade adventures( DH 1st ed campaigns). This is when my fellow special snowflake partymember who got handed out special traits and stuff started metagaming(?) by pre-reading all of the adventures and being so obvious about it that the GM didn't even bother to rock fall us.

He just stated that from now on he is making the campaigns and only using parts of different adventures as a concept.

Fast forward to new campaign with DH 2nd Edition. Our thatguy candidate partymember decides to play a Fenrisian Warrior. He either intentionally or unintentionally fucks up his char creation so the gm lets him pick the tallents of both backgrounds. I point this out after he uses it the first time and the GM says it's ok if he spends 100 xp for it which he immidietly throws out. Playing his special snowflake the GM makes shit like fenrisian wolves attack the party and only speak with >Bjorn, who is also super talkative and charming having fellowship of over 45

Time passes and we all go out for summer vacations. We all split and agree to have sessions once August comes. It does but GM is nowhere in sight. we wait months, September rolls with us getting a few words. Then GM comes saying he broke with his girlfriend but he will continue with sessions. We have a 2 hour session over Roll20 before he calls it a night. This happened during the 1st half of September.

to be continued
>>
File: 1424989976791.jpg (117KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
1424989976791.jpg
117KB, 392x500px
>>43468531
>>
>>43468531

2-3 Weeks ago the GM comes back and tells us that he is starting a post-by-post Black Crusade campaign and that we are all invited to make our characters.
Later he tells us that me and an IRL friend (played DH with us since march) only get 1k starting xp (we play as CSM) while the rest of the guys get 6k because the others complained that CSM-s start too strong compared to normal guys.

Ok sounds right. I decide to play as a Forsaken intent on going tech and blowing stuff by being undivided. Later I ask him if he can homebrew me a starting class as a forsaken heretech marine. He then proceeds to make changes to his homebrew character creation where he takes all the specialty traits and tallents of the Sorceror, Chosen, Forsaken and the other one. So we effectively lose anything but the standard Space marine traits, tallents and skills.

He then introduces a 4 aptitudes system for the CSMs and a 5 aptitude system for the non CSMs.

He agrees to let me be a Chaos Tech Marine lets me pick any 2 mechadendrite options or upgrades but doesn't let me get the Mechadendrite Talents for them for free as a regular Heretek would because it would be too imbalanced. Ok i am alright with that.

Meanwhile he changed my skill advances 5 times without notice so in the end i lash out and tell him i find it very annoying to have all my carefully picked options be messed up every time i log in after the last time he said everything is OK.

So I am thinking of leaving the group. We used to have so much fun before this shit started... Also had regular sessions. And I wasn't even bothered by the Fenrisian Guys metagaming bullshit and knowing which clues to loook for even before he knew vital info.
>>
>>43466796
Multiple times, and it was always the same shit.

>other players wife/gf
>would do nothing but table talk and take five minutes to do any sort of action
>baby talk to their husband/bf
>check their social media when we would be doing any sort of noncombat activity just to always ask "wait what are we doing again?"
>husband/bf constantly white knights when we all know they never acted this way with previous characters or sessions
>because of a predisposition to That Guy syndrome, they have no understanding or care for group dynamics or cohesion and instead will "pants the king" while saying "lol" afterwards

Three strikes, never again.
>>
>>43468612
>>>/b/
>>
>Makes Half-Orc Barbarian.
>Tries to rape everyone.
>Everyone.
>Every. One.
>Tortures stray dogs. Plays football with their heads.
>'I'm Orcish, dude!' excuse for everything.
>Begins to rape animals.
>Ends up having his 'innocence decided by the Gods', and is boiled alive.
>Slams fist on table. 'Fuck you, guys! I'm just being Orcish!'
>Leaves
>Relief all around.
>>
>>43468769

Also he didn't let me get any tallents or traits from the heretek tree except Cold Hearted because both Forsaken and Hereteks have it.

He didn't even let me have Tech Use
The only thing I got was getting the Binary Chatter tallent and the +10 loyalty from mechanical fiends like servo skulls and the like.
>>
>>43468295
there's nothing much to say about it
she was pissed but learned her lesson and made a new character that was completely different and the campaign progressed happily

it was still a bad character but at least she wasn't disruptive with this one
>>
>>43455035
Wowzaz
Mind if I hijack some of this pantheon? The Traveler in particular is an awesome one for me.
>>
>>43468887
just leave this shit mate
>>
>name is twilight sparkleshy
>acts naively innocent and tries to become friends with every monster
The rest of the party consists of a halfling fighter, thulsa doom and a nympho fairy
Thlsa doom is an enchantment/transmutation wizard who talks in purple prose and his ultimate goal is to "become powerful enough to eat the sun"
The party is currently murderhoboing in a dungeon and fighting morlocks

I run an online game.
>>
File: 1442615476460.jpg (244KB, 1846x1212px) Image search: [Google]
1442615476460.jpg
244KB, 1846x1212px
>>43468612
>>
>>43453563
I would like to hear more of this if you are still here

>>43454677
>>43454708
Actually does sound kind of interesting, having a god visit their worship or at least once in their life, as long as the DM doesn't go into too much detail I see no problem with that, unless it's one of those games in which case he needs to go into great detail about it

>>43454794
>>43455035
Yeah, this isn't magical realm, this is just interesting world building
>>
>>43469148
count me in, boss
>>
>>43453265
>every d&d class description since 3.5 uses she

Who gives a nut nigger
>>
File: HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg (36KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg
36KB, 500x389px
>>43453724
>>
>>43469012

I am afraid my IRL friend will think bad of me if I just tell them I can't stand this anymore.... He is one of the only close friends still left around me and I would hate it to distance myself from him if he chooses to stay with them.

Also I am scared i won't find another group anytime soon. I can only find online players because nobody in my country knows about pen and paper RPGs let alone 40k roleplay.

Roleplaying in DH relieved me of so much stress. Everybody around me started saying I've been different, more lively and happy when we started back one year ago. And now I feel even worse than before that.
>>
>>43469295
I never played DH before, I wanted to but I have the same problem as you have - no one around to play that irl.
>>
>>43469295
...Have you tried playing D&D?
I mean, it may be mediocre, but you can always find people for it.
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 694x642px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 694x642px
>>43467574
fuck you kraut ELVES ARE REAL
>>
>>43468865
That's not being orcish, that's being a murderhobo.
>>
File: b5.jpg (85KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
b5.jpg
85KB, 450x300px
>>43469701
Good job, you received the obvious point to be taken away from the post.
>>
Now you all are complaining about CN characters, but my guys can do it. They're right on the edges, almost good, but occasionally do shit to bump themselves back.

>hey let's do this good thing
>but we gotta get paid for it somehow

>enemy trussed up and helpless
>feed them to the giant pack scorpion, we're not fighting that faggot again

Shit like that. They're generally decent people.
>>
>>43461375
why does this make me think of Rick?
>>
File: tumblr_mua8vyQzQx1ri1r1uo1_500.jpg (180KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mua8vyQzQx1ri1r1uo1_500.jpg
180KB, 500x419px
Playing some Magic EDH at my local store with some guys. Overall it was pretty Casual.
I'm running Nissa, Vastwood Seer
vs. Kruphix
vs. Jenara
vs. Jarad

We play a couple games. The guy running Kruphix won mainly because we left him alone for too long and he ends up with infinite mana. Second game is slower, but at least we're all having fun.

Enter "That Guy". I've seen him in a few other stores, mainly playing commander. From what I've seen it's a Bant combo deck. Pick related. I.E. No fun allowed. He asks to join in and we say sure.

And so it begins. By turn 4 he puts out Fauna Shaman and starts seaching his deck for creatures to build up to combos. Every time it's his turn he takes 5-10 minutes to think of what he'll play, then another 5-10 minutes searching his deck for his next card. Eventually he plays the artifact with "Pay (X), target player removes (X) cards from their library to the graveyard" with 10000 mana. Mill your whole deck.
We decide to play a second game. By turn 4 he's doing the same shit. Kruphix player says this isn't fun and we all just scoop. That guy is going "Come on guys, that's what my deck is supposed to do. It's fun." Fun for him, sure, but we're just left sitting on our hands waiting half an hour for a turn to end. We switched to an auction draft and he just flips around through his deck. Eventually he leaves once he recognizes that no one else in the store is gonna play with him.

I get why some people feel an infinite combo can feel amazing to pull off, but why play nothing but a competitive EDH deck against guys who are playing casually?
>>
>>43453380
>not knowing what "No girls on the internet" even means
Please leave and take your fedora tipping meme somewhere else
>>
>>43470355
Same reason people play for the highscore in D&D, they have competitive urges but are too afraid of failure in a competitive setting
>>
>>43469829
Its not hard if you understand what chaotic neutral actually means.
The problem is that some players jsut don't get it and interperet it as "choatic randum im so funny lol."
Its allways good to ask a character why they want to play CN and how the character would work.
>>
File: 5559658_std_zpsb7f0e83f.jpg (12KB, 329x246px) Image search: [Google]
5559658_std_zpsb7f0e83f.jpg
12KB, 329x246px
>>43469148
>Thulsa Doom
>>
>>43468531
>>43468769
>>43468887

He's fucking you over big time. He was right to nip your friends metagaming in the bud, but he's really bending you over with this. He makes CSM start with a sixth of the XP instead of just banning them outright, and he's changing your character without your consent and instead of getting his shit together when you confront him, he goes off and does it again.

Get out out that shit hole, no gaming is better than shit gaming.
>>
>>43453724
>Infinitely punched
So infinite misses with 0 damage?
>>
>>43461036
Yeah, which makes it even hotter.
>>
>>43454910
Next time he walks away from an exposition with someone powerful, have them take major offense. Of the type that costs them loot.
>>
>>43471322
Some of those fists are bound to roll 20s
>>
>>43453563
Giants are fucking rad, shut up
>>
>>43469148
>Thulsa Doom

This sounds amazing.
>>
>>43472395
Mathematically speaking an infinite number can roll 20s
>>
>>43453563

One of my players wants to become a dragon so he can bone this female dragon he met.
>>
>>43473928
Does it really even matter, though? They're infinite level 20 monks punching at his junk from inside his armor. I don't think any kind of AC or dex bonus is gonna help him there.
>>
> Has the highest AC in the party
> Sits in the corner with his piddly crossbow letting the bard, rogue, and alchemist tank
> "Sorry guys, I gotta protect myself"

That was the first time I played with a person who's real cowardice extended to his fictional character.
>>
>>43468986
No skin off my nose, none of those gods were any of mine.

>>43469189
>Actually does sound kind of interesting, having a god visit their worship or at least once in their life

The basic spiel we got when the player described the faith was that the goddess created women in her own image, and bestowed on them the ultimate miracle of being able to create life in the form of childbearing. When asking the first women created how they wanted the companion gender to be like though, they (the goddess included) had a hard time imagining the concept and coming up with ideas. They all talked of what they thought and ideas they had or wanted but could reach no definitive conclusion, so the goddess decided to let their vague words and descriptions do the work so to speak. By taking the adam's apple from women and using her divine power, she gave form to what they'd spoken of and discussed, and men more or less literally formed from the words and descriptions women spoke of when imagining a companion gender.

With the creation of men, the species was able to continue without her involvement, so she could devote her effort to proper godly duties like miracles and combating evil forces, and to spend most of her time with women who needed her help or benefited from her presence. Men meanwhile having been created more robust in order to be able to get by without her help, were still deemed unfortunate for lacking the miracle to create life, so the goddess didn't just toss them in the deep end. Thus by visiting with them and conceiving angels, she was indirectly able to help them and share with them her benevolence. Essentially it boiled down to, women received the direct devotion and assistance of the goddess, and men received the direct devotion and assistance of her angels.

>tl;dr a monotheistic creator goddess of humans, roughly influenced by the Abrahamic God.

More or less. Since it was the main human religion, it was the most prolific in the setting.
>>
>>43453682
Have some numbers from a recent thread to back it up.
http://strawpoll.me/5921679/r
>>
>>43467964
When did Jayne do something even borderline good?

Was it when he told the Feds that Simon and River were coming?

Maybe it was when he betrayed his employers because Mal offered more?

Oooh I know! It was in the movie when he said "Daddy always said, if you can't do something smart thendo something right" or something similar?

Got some news for you bud. That line was some weird non-sensical crap they wrote to justify why he went along on the suicide mission. And even if he HAD acted like that throughout the entire series it would STILL be horrible writing, even for a heavily stylized setting like firefly. How is a tough and buff asshole character who randomly does angelic and satanic deeds a less retarded character than Deadpool?
>>
File: oh_shit.jpg (46KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
oh_shit.jpg
46KB, 320x240px
>>43475249
>It was in the movie when he said "Daddy always said, if you can't do something smart thendo something right" or something similar?

Daddy gave you good advice.
>>
>>43474983

>strawpoll
>4chan

that's about as credible as the daily inquirer
>>
File: 1441303012971.gif (869KB, 400x265px) Image search: [Google]
1441303012971.gif
869KB, 400x265px
>they're playing chatoic anything
Ohboyherewego.jpg

Its rare to find players who do it well.

My that guy
>he plays wizard
our Warlock has a thing where he has to random number generate from 10,000 every time he uses magic, but he gets a little bonus. Random effects happen depending on the number. One time at 12 o clock each day water poured out of his sleeves. Another time a giant we killed turned into a giant pig. Last time his armour and weapon vanished. Swings and roundabouts
>that guy keeps asking to roll on the table for the bonus because the DM let him do it once for shits and giggles
>every battle he turns invisible and seems to do fuck all
>does this every time he goes into town to try and fuck with things for no reason to try and be funny
>last game he tried finding a wizard to give him a magic ring that did..something... fuck knows I wasn't paying attention
>tries his luck, DM says no
>I want to try the next wizards house
>DM says no
>I want to try the third wizards house
By this point noone else is paying attention
>DM gives him a ring, doesn't say its magic, doesn't say what it does if it is
>Proceeds to turn invisible and try and knock ojt a woman so he can test the ring on her
>this has taken 15 minutes of pure him and the DM alone
>gets defensive when we point out how creepy and rapey his plan is

Fuck but do i hate players who try to be lol random funny. We have a guy in our group, a 70's blacksploitation monk who aside from his main goal of revenge, has a running joke of him setting up whorphanages to look after whores and orphans a la black Dynamite. This is legit fun because it mostly occurs when he comes into town and the DM asks what he wants to do "set up whorphanage" "check on whores and orphans" etc. Doesn't derail or take time on him and we've all jumped on his noble quest. That is humour done right. Not "I turn invisible and shenanigans ensue" for no reason other than "I'm chaotic, its in character"

Fuck chaotic players.
>>
>>43458763

I had a friend who wanted to do that; he explicitly wanted to join the game just to troll the other players.
>>
>>43476758

Is it me, or is any time that someone asks "wouldn't it be funny if--" the answer is almost always no?
>>
File: 1443792945344.jpg (30KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
1443792945344.jpg
30KB, 500x362px
For me "that guy" is always the one who gets into town and immediately wants to do things thay would get anyone arrested in any kind of setting real or fiction.

I'm all for having a laugh but when its lel randum I get drunk and decide to shit in the kings pies while they're cooling on the windowsill for no fucking reason it becomes draining.

Not every game needs a Deadpool.
>>
>>43476876
Oh I agree.

Not everyone is funny. One guy I play with is fucking hilarious, but never at the detriment of the game, another is quiet, but has his moments

And then theres that guy. Unfunny 9/10 but still tries constantly
>>
>>43476762
>I actively want to ruin the game for the other players

Yeah no.
>>
>>43453144
In college I was looking for an RPG group. The first one I found had That Guy. He was extremely flamboyantly fruity--we're talking Richard Simmons levels of flaming gayness here--which I already find rather creepy and off-putting. He reeked of weed, and he was one of those people who have no inside voice. Everything he said was in this lispy falsetto scream. And the group was doing character creation and he started yelling "I want my character to be a gnome! With three dicks! A gnome dick, a dwarf dick, and an orc dick! Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee!" in his shrill squealy little hey-everybody-look-at-me-I'm-a-fag voice.

And I know that's pretty mild stuff compared to other stuff I'm seeing in this thread, but I looked around at the rest of the players and the DM, who did not appear to have a problem with it. And I thought to myself, "Do I want to spend the next semester coming over here every Friday night to sit beside Gnome Dick Boy here and listen to him make dick jokes and giggle like a girl? And do I really want to spend time with people who think that's funny and appropriate?"

So, as they say on /k/, I did a 360 and tactically nope'd the fuck out of there, moonwalking all the way. The experience actually soured me on pen-and-paper RPGs for years.
>>
>>43458976
>not "we bake 'em big for you"
>>
>>43455257
>he claims to lead in every situation even though every decision he makes would get us killed.
>players with forceful personalities who are also complete idiots
When I foresee the consequences of something retarded he's about to do I just turn and run away instead of trying to convince him it'll get the party killed or arrested.
>>
>>43453144
Eh, not really, outside of one or two things I find most magical realms amusing if not hot so I tend to just go along with them to see what it'll lead to
>>
>DM gives me a +5 holy vorpal sword
>I can only draw it in the presence of absolute evil
>For the last 4 sessions, have been fighting magical beasts, constructs and elementals (i.e. everything neutral alignment)

I get that the sword is less a weapon and more of a mcguffin, but...
Fucking Why?
>>
>>43479650
Because you're meant to put it inside the BBEG and save it until then.
>>
>>43467574
Germanon here. I know a lot of girls that play p&p.

And there are enough fa/tg/uys here that play tabletop.
>>
>>43466796
Yes. Girls can have Murderboners too.

she kept rolling amazing dices, just to put arrows into peoples heads. Even if we were planning to interrogate them.
>>
File: game-layout.png (284KB, 600x291px) Image search: [Google]
game-layout.png
284KB, 600x291px
Not exactly a That Guy story. Almost more of a That Group if anything. I have always been interested in tabletop rpgs but have never had a good opportunity to jump into one before. Through my girlfriend I met a group of people who seemed pretty decent and liked to play tabletop rpgs. Around this time I was really interested in trying the Edge of the Empire Star Wars RPG and had bought the core book and the beginner game box.

One of them really fancied themselves a great DM but when I explained the game to him and asked if he would be interested in running it (he's a pretty big star wars fan), he said that he wanted to play it and that I should DM it. Now I've never done anything of the sort before but I spent a bunch of time memorizing the book as best as I could with short notice and read a lot of advice on how to run a game. We were supposed to have 4 people total and everyone knew it was just going to be a little beginner game introduction and that I was new to the whole process.

>I cooked a huge pot of slow cooked bbq pulled pork to bring over for everyone
>I get there and one of the players isn't there
>DM guy insists on making his own character instead of using the pre-mades
>Takes forever
>Missing player finally shows up
>Forces in an unexpected friend he brought aling into the game
>Now 5 people
>Right away they start talking about "Going off the rails!" and try to divert from the set path of the tiny adventure
>Split the party
>Half of them on their phones the whole time
>They're scarfing down the food like crazy but none of them thank me for it
>I'm really doing the best that I can but I'm way out of my depth
>Finally ends
>The DM guy sits around and harshly critiques me for the next hour

Went home, sold off all my books to a used book store and have never tried to do another tabletop rpg of any kind ever again. I collect interesting looking rpg books and spend time reading them and thinking about what it'd be like to play but I don't have it in me.
>>
>>43479910
>dices
>>
>>43480023

You seem like a cool guy - have you ever tried playing online?
>>
>>43480023

Have you ever tried playing online?
>>
>>43454677
90% of old religions involve sex or things related to sex. Every creation myth involves some kind of sexual act.

Things like the one you described are perfectly in line with that. Just be careful for it not to become actually magical realm
>>
>>43480043
>>43480062

Never tried playing online before. Lot of horror stories in threads like this and my first and only experience was pretty rough.
>>
>>43480102
Real talk, if you're gonna play online, I highly recommend getting to know your GM/party before getting into the game.

A good chunk of them are gonna be chucklefucks, but once you get a good party, you're aces.
>>
>>43467253
Had a wannabe That Girl one time, made everyone super uncomfortable.

Friend was running his first campaign, Mutants & Masterminds. Wanted everyone to base their characters on themselves, and the game was set in our home town. Group included me, my bro, bro's GF, my GF, and wannabe That Girl. Spent forever describing her costume to us, which was Halle Berry's Catwoman outfit but somehow sluttier. So, we're off to a bad start. In the first session, she keeps trying to flirt and skank her way past every threat and NPC, which we just shrug and move on from.

Eventually, GM decides he's going to hit us with a fairly standard "body swapping" plot, since all he knows is Saturday morning cartoons. Alright, we figure, no muss no fuss. Some random rolls later, Wannabe That Girl winds up body-swapped with my bro. First thing she says is, "I have to go to the bathroom. In character."

Little weird, but we just exchange some raised eyebrows and try to move on. GM tries to handwave it away and move on to the next plot point.

But then she says, "Describe it." Bro just kind of looks at her funny. She actually starts insisting he describe his dick to her. While his girlfriend is sitting on the couch right next to him. I start doing stuff in-character with the GM, to help move the plot along and the fuck away from this, but she just keeps staring expectantly at him. Gives up eventually, but got real huffy, after that.

We finished the session, but that killed the campaign deader than a Kennedy. And unbelievably, that wound up not being the only time that GM wanted us to game with her.
>>
File: MixedAlignments2.png (1MB, 1600x1375px) Image search: [Google]
MixedAlignments2.png
1MB, 1600x1375px
First:
>>43467964
>Jayne's a pretty solid example of a CN dude
I'd like to say that I disagree that Jayne is a good example of CN.
He is too close to the line between CN and CE to be a solid example of CN.

Second:
>>43467287
>>43466941
>>43466587
>Chaotic Neutral
Captain Jack Sparrow is the best example of CN done well.
Chiana from Farscape is another good example.

Third:
>>43475249
>When did Jayne do something even borderline good?
Jayne: shows serious concern when Kaylee is shot, sends money home to his family, expresses shame over turning the Tams over to the feds, and expresses distaste for "really evil" acts.

But he's no saint.
>Was it when he told the Feds that Simon and River were coming?
>Maybe it was when he betrayed his employers because Mal offered more?
Those were just (apparently) sound business decisions.
He just didn't have reason to be loyal to his old crew or the Tams.

>"if you can't do something smart then do something right"
He was quoting Shepherd Book, his recently killed friend.
>That line was some weird non-sensical crap they wrote to justify why he went along on the suicide mission.
Actually, it's very relevant.
He's honoring the memory of a friend killed by the Alliance while pointing out that since they were being mercilessly hunted and therefore could not do the smart thing (run/hide like I'm sure he'd rather do) they should do the right thing (expose the evil done by the Alliance).

>How is a tough and buff asshole character who randomly does angelic and satanic deeds a less retarded character than Deadpool?
It's not random and it's not angelic and satanic.
It's being a complex and multi-dimensional character that behaves like a person instead of an All_Evil/Good _All_The_Time cardboard cut-out.

I'm slightly curious how you got everything so wrong.
>>
>>43480622
>Has Solo
>Chaotic Good

Discarding Lucas' retarded fanfiction, Has Solo in New Hope was pretty solidly Chaotic Neutral. And arguably, even later.
>>
>>43480648
>Has Solo in New Hope was pretty solidly Chaotic Neutral.
Again, I think he was too close to the CG line to be called "solidly" CN, but I can't really form an argument for it.
I was taking the later movies into account though.
>>
>>43480704
Specifically in New Hope, he's only in it for money. Not for lofty ideals, not to strike back at the empire, not because saving the princess is the right thing to do, money. That puts him pretty solidly in Neutral territory.

He does drift towards CG, but even in The Empire Strikes Back, he's not really supporting the rebellion as much as he's giving a hand to his friends. It's only in RotJ when you can really call him Good aligned and even then, he's arguably only doing it for his friends and the woman he loves.
>>
>>43480023
>I cooked a huge pot of slow cooked bbq pulled pork to bring over for everyone

They should be shot.
>>
>>43480747
You really seem to be under the impression that one must fight for "The Greater Good" to be good.

Helping your friends is good too.

Also, when Jabba the Hutt has a bounty on your ass, even the best of us is gonna be focused on money.
>>
>>43480841
Even evil people can be perfectly willing to help out their nearest and dearest. Helping your friends does not automatically make you good.
>>
>>43480876
>>43480841
I've always pictured alignments (if they must be roleplayed at all) as aquestion of 'why' not 'what'. A character of every alignment can do any action if they can justify it (and a decently put together character should have no problem with any course of action that's not utterly extreme).
>>
>>43480782
>They should be shot.
I assumed anon is exaggerating or overreacting
Then I read >>43480023
Shooting is too good for them.
That is a list of common but unacceptable behavior that drives me crazy.
>>
>>43476758
>Fuck chaotic players.
You mean, fuck bad chaotic players?
>>
>>43480930
It's kind of both. If you, say, dress up as a bat and go around the night terrorizing criminals, you're probably Chaotic or Neutral, even if your goals ARE Lawful. Working within the system to maintain essential freedoms? Pretty Lawful, despite the Chaotic goal. Similarly, if you routinely torture people, you cannot be good aligned(and are likely to be evil), no matter how noble your intentions.
>>
File: GetSomeRest.gif (979KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
GetSomeRest.gif
979KB, 500x277px
>>43480876
Caring about your friends is good.
That doesn't necessarily mean that their good outweighs their evil.
Even Hitler was good to his dogs.

>>43480930
>I've always pictured alignments (if they must be roleplayed at all) as a question of 'why' not 'what'.
Doing it right.
>>
>>43480648
>>43480704
>>43480747
>>43480841
One central plot point of the movie was, in RPG terms, an alignment shift. Han Solo fucks off after getting his reward at the end, but then flies back guns blazing to save the day. Between the cantina scene and that good deed, he's pretty much solidly chaotic neutral. He's only in for the money and more than once stresses that he hopes they pay will be good.
After that, he pretty much takes on the motivation of the rebel alliance and continues to fight for them - only planning to interrupt in order to pay off his denbts with Jabba.
>>
>>43480932
The man gives them food. Delicious food.
Gives it a go for the sake of playing and they just break him like that... Makes me sick.
>>
>>43481012
True, but like I said, it's not like Han was being greedy or materialistic.
His focus on money is a matter of survival.
>>
>>43481003
I'd say that dressing as a bat and terrorizing criminals at night qualifies as 'extreme', but you can still file the necessary paperwork and share intel with the police.
>>
>>43480023
You seem like a cool guy, don't let a bunch of ungrateful dickheads make you abandon tabletop games, i'm sure you will find a nice group, you can try playing online.

Motherfucker...
>>
File: 1444217095504.gif (200KB, 159x124px) Image search: [Google]
1444217095504.gif
200KB, 159x124px
>>43480957
Nah mate, fuck chaotic players.

I've only ever seen it done well a handful of times and I've played with a fair few groups in my time.

If i'm gaming with someone new and they say they are playing chaotic i automatically assume the worst
>>
>>43481709
It still baffles me how often people screw up chaotic. I've been playing chaotic characters basically since the start and about half of my characters have probably fallen on the chaotic spectrum.

Why don't people get that chaotic does not equal retarded?

Seriously, chaotic good may be the most fun alignment in DnD.

>Don't question whether it's legal
>Don't even question whether it's a good idea
>Question whether or not it's the right thing to do
>Is it?
>Then it's time to be a big damn hero again.
>>
>>43481792
LE is better.
>you have a code
>these guys have something you want
>you can fuck them up a million ways without breaking your code
>these guys are fucked
>>
My worst That Guy experience:

>Wizard villain zaps his fighter character with a curse that makes the victim incorporeal until they save
>"I shadow the wizard as a ghost so when the spell wears off I can get them"
>this is fine, wizard fight proceeds
>spell wears off
>"as I become corporeal I break the wizard's neck, killing them instantly"
>roll for it
>"no, I am breaking their neck, they should die without a roll"

Cue a very long argument that someone who is just recovering from a curse should be able to instantly kill someone without any chance of failure.

I would assume trying to break someone's neck in a fight should require some kind of roll?
>>
>>43474383
>>43454794
>>43455035
Das breddy gud.
>>
>>43481058
You don't need to be selfish or a cunt to be Neutral. If anything, that's moderately evil.

All you need to be neutral is to neither be a cunt nor a good guy. Han, as he was originally portrayed, was very much not a good guy- he was a rogue trying to survive in a trying time.
>>
>>43481792
Depending on how based your GM is, Lawful Good can be just as awesome.

I mean, a LG character has to have a code that he lives by and doesn't break, but it doesn't have to be particularly rules heavy or rigid. Only real difference between the LG and CG is having a code and considering the consequences.

>See bad
>See what you're willing to do to erase bad
>Consider consequences
>Fuck consequences
>Commence erasing
>>
File: copy_0_pb120721.jpg (1024KB, 985x800px) Image search: [Google]
copy_0_pb120721.jpg
1024KB, 985x800px
>playing worldly cleric
>have explored all over the world
>Setting is usual fantasy, based on late middle ages
>NPC guiding us through a cave uses a crude grenade mid battle
>roll away from it
>another player says I wouldn't know what it is and therefor shouldn't try to avoid it
>characters spends more time in libraries than anywhere else
>mfw
>>
>>43481792
Thatis more Neutral though. Chaotic might imply a dislike for law and structure, or a tendency to do things your way or no way, even if it's impractical or if it conflicts with the other axis of your alignment. A Chaotic Good character might not join a peace mission led by LG NPCs simply because he likes to work alone and that's perfectly fine.
What Chaotic does not need to be though is rambling madman who oes whatever he wants because muh alignment.
>>
>>43454580
>>43454659
>>43454793

Maybe he is actually lying about it to try and look cool and scary when in "reality" he is just a normal dude who learnt how to use arm blades.
>>
>>43479888
That could also be applicable for the bards dick.
>>
>Homebrewing a setting with a friend.
>Friend is former GM, and wants to GM for this setting.
>Fine with me, I'm better at Sci-fi anyways.
>Make decent progress, one of the players voice chats me while me and GM are world building.
>Player chimes in "as long as it isn't run with GURPS."
>GM has a boner for GURPS.
>Herewego.png
>"I want to run it in GURPS."
"I dunno, I'm not a big fan of the system. Can we just use one that the group already knows?"
>Conversation goes back and forth, mention I don't like it because there are too many rulebooks.
>He says he'll trim it down and write up all of the equipment and advantages.
>Tell him we'll stick with the old plan of putting it to a vote when we're deciding on system.
>Later in the night.
>He's still fixated on what rules system we're using.
>Keeps saying he doesn't like other rules systems because with GURPS he can homebrew.
>Offer to do work with the only fantasy system the group knows.
>"No, we're using GURPS."
"Is this about when everyone quit your D&D campaign because you were forcing stat blocks?"
>"Fuck you, the stat blocks encourage role-playing."
>JUST.png
>Ask him how he thinks the players treat a stat they have a negative modifier for.
>He doesn't say anything.
"They ignore it. It only changes the game mechanics, and nobody liked getting gimped last time we played."
>"Then we should crack down on them."
"It's not the system that's the problem."
>"If we just force them to roleplay, there won't be a problem."
"Nobody has fun when we do that. I'm not doing that."

I don't know why a shitstorm starts every time game mechanics come up. Everyone was having fun with 3.5 until he brought 5e around and refused to run something other than 5e or GURPS. Hell, We couldn't game for a week because he kept pushing for my games to switch over to GURPS, but I wouldn't budge on it. He's fine when we're talking about anything other than game mechanics.
>>
>>43453442
That's for when women try to be attention whores, or generally when someone attempts to add weight to an argument by expressing a vested interest (I'm a x and I find that offensive!).
>>
>>43483230
No, that's what Tits or GTFO is for.
>>
>>43480023
Daamn Anon, it's a shame your first group turned up to be such shit.
Don't loose hope, try finding another group. Start lightly with them (by which I mean no lavish hosting just yet and not be afraid to discard them if they turn out bad too), and keep the good players for later.
>>
>>43453144
> Actually not a That GM.
> Fair in his loot.
> We identify magic items before wearing them, and can cast remove curse, so a cursed item once in a while isn't much of a deal.
> Claims the Falcon Aim Bracers we looted had a curse rolled.
> Sex Change.
> I look at him straight in the eyes.

Bullshit, magical realm.

> I keep the stare up.
> These are really good bracers.
> I put them on.
> I don't change my roleplay one iota, except for some postures
> Manliest female archer with 14+ Str ever.
> I refused the remove curse.
>>
not exactly a "That Guy" but a "That group" instead
>3 pretty chill guys
>First 3 sessions runs smoothly, no problems so far
>Fourth Session
>Have them to retrieve an ancient artifact on some abandoned ruins
>On the way to the ruins they find some giant nest with the sole purpose of spawning some giant bees
>battle is over
>For some reason they are convinced that they must enter said nest, even with the fucking ruins just ahead of them
>make it slippery with the entrance on the top so they cant reach it
>they spend an entire day climbing that shit
>had to invent some mini dungeon inside that nest
>"the entrance is a hole, cant see the bottom"
>Monk jumps in
>what the fuck
>"you land on the queen's belly"
>wizard jumps while charging magic
>critical, kills queen
>cleric jumps with his sword pointing down
>critical, kills wizard
>"dude what the hell were you thinking"

>Fuckers spend another fucking day getting out
>almost died on the ruins boss

The collective retardness that night was amusing. As punishment, some party arrived first so they didnt so they didnt got any exp for the session.
I swear, even the RNG gods hated them that night. At least they behaved for like 4 more session.
>>
File: no_country_for_old_men.jpg (51KB, 814x500px) Image search: [Google]
no_country_for_old_men.jpg
51KB, 814x500px
>>43483888
>As punishment, some party arrived first so they didnt so they didnt got any exp for the session.

>RNG gods
>Random Number Gods gods
>>
>>43461375
>greasy ass hair
How were you able to see the hair on his ass, wtf? You guys playing with exhibitionists?
>>
>>43483888
>not a That Guy
I'm pretty sure that's a 'That DM' story.
>>
>>43483948
>Random Number Generator's Gods
>>
>>43483948
Those were just the highlights. If you understood how stupid was each decision they made, then you would have them punished them too in some sort of way for making shitty decisions.
>>
>>43483948
Yes, they are double gods.
>>
File: 1024px-WaterwheelsSp.jpg (119KB, 1024x1006px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-WaterwheelsSp.jpg
119KB, 1024x1006px
>Fighting through multi-level mine overrun by Skaven-like creatures.
>Every level has a 15-foot water wheel to drain water from lower levels.
>That Weeaboo cranks up his ‘I’m Badass!’ to 11 and leaps to a lower level that has a horde of Skaven, swings his katana (of course) very dramatically (missing twice), and leaps down to another lower level.
>2.5 levels of enemies between him and the party.
>WTF dude.
>‘It’s all right. GM won’t kill us, lol.’
>Cleric wastes most of his spells to keep That Weeaboo alive, almost dying in the process when he jumps after him, gets his foot caught in the water wheel and slams face-first into the stone, surrounded by enemies.
>‘I can handle this, pedo! Don’t take my spotlight!’
>‘Pedo’ is his name for the Cleric because all clerics are pedophiles, hurrr.
>Cleric needs to keep healing That Weeaboo or he would have died seven times over.
>Arcane blast knocks most Skaven from middle level (that That Weeaboo and Cleric passed) down to the lower level so they’re all clumped together.
>Disintegrate parts of water wheel so it goes crashing down, knocking some Skaven down to the next level and crushing or dazing others.
>‘Faggot, I got this!’
>Fine.

Cont.
>>
>>43484862

>Clean up the level while That Weeaboo triple-moonsaults-with-corkscrew to next level, screaming something in faux-Japanese (never mind there’s nothing even remotely similar to Japanese culture in this world), bringing his ‘lightning-flashing-in-the-shape-of-a-dragon’ katana down.
>Misses.
>Skaven hulk-type creature bitch-slaps him for massive damage.
>‘Heal me, pedo!’
>‘Nah, you got this.’
>‘What the fuck, man?! Heal me!’
>‘Nah, you got this.’
>Orders GM to tell Cleric to heal him.
>Lol, no.
>Throws pencil at Cleric’s player.
>‘Fuck you, faggot!’
>Begins tearing up and storms off to his room, playing shitty music really loud.
>Look at Cleric player. ‘Did he hit you?’
>‘Nope, just like his character.’
>Har dee har.
>Continue playing, with That Weeaboo character as DMNPC (until he found out later and shitstormed).

Never-ending carnival of butt-hurt and crazy with him. Joined in again later after telling me that Cleric’s player had apologised to him for being an asshole. Asked Cleric’s player about it. Of course he hadn’t done so, but was chill enough not to confront That Weeaboo about it.
>>
>>43473928
Mathematically speaking an infinite number of rolls will roll an infinite number of 20s
>>
this is off-topic and i apologize, but what's that game where you roll for penis/anus size? i have a copy of the rulebook somewhere but i can't remember the name
>>
>>43485561
You're not sorry, and I suspect you're trolling, but it's F.A.T.A.L., the "That Guy" of pen-and-paper RPG systems.
>>
>>43485654
you don't have to be sorry to apologize
i am a weaboo and therefore i apologize purely out of social obligation

yes, it's F.A.T.A.L. thank you
>>
>>43481868
At best, it'd be a coup-de-grace, but there's still a chance the wizard would see him or not die from it.
>>
>>43481868
In dunjins? Roll to wrassle, then make an opposed STR check next round.
>>
>>43484912
This is why in our real-world (sort of) setting it was decreed that Japan was destroyed and Godzilla would eat anyone who mentioned it or anything Japanese.

Our weeaboo played a bard instead. He sort of managed to actually RP too
>>
>>43484912
Should have just let him die in the first part.
>>
>>43460965
>>43461036
>>43471558

>tfw no writefaggotry of this
>>
>>43453854
Why not just have the BBEG fake take her in and then kill her, it'd be really easy for him to do and it disposes of one of his enemies pretty easily.
>>
>>43483978
can confirm, definitely a That DM story
>>
>>43486940
if there were, I don't think it'd belong on /tg/.
>>
>>43483488
sex change bracers were even in baldur's gate, thats not magical realm, its tradition
>>
>>43488129
That's what pastebin is for!
>>
>>43483888
>>had to invent some mini dungeon inside that nest
No you didn't.
There a dozens of resolutions that wouldn't necessitate it.
As the players entered, it could have collapsed under their weight and lack of ability to maneuver like a giant bee.
Or whatever.

>As punishment, some party arrived first so they didnt so they didnt got any exp for the session.
One of the rules of being a GM is that sometimes, your players are going to be damn stupid.
They weren't that guys, they were just stupid.
punishing them by taking away xp is stupid.
Your story made is sound like you gave them no xp for the giant bees or the ruins boss that almost killed them.

Sorry, I have to agree with >>43483948 >>43483978 >>43488091

They were stupid, you were a dick.
>>
>>43467800
pretty much, yeah

i avoid playing with him as much as i can now
>>
>>43488609
That's not even being stupid, the derp only occured during ingress into the nest. They saw something cool and wanted to explore. Then they got punished for wanting to explore.
>>
I think I'm probably the That Guy in my group.

I play basically the same variation of the small, angry young woman in most games.

The backstories are always different, and they have vaguely unique personalities, but you can tell that they're almost all the same character. My gaming group doesn't really say much about it, but it feels like they want to sometimes.
>>
>>43489533
If you know you're That Guy, you aren't That Guy.
>>
>>43484912
I always get sad when I hear stories like this because I love the veteran samurai character archetype but I never play it because I'm afraid I'll get lumped in with these people.
>>
File: bm0qc6l.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bm0qc6l.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>43489611
I don't feel like that follows logically.

If you create a character that plays into your fetish, or fulfills a kind of fantasy for your that makes other people uncomfortable, and know that you're doing so - but you don't change or correct your behaviour - aren't you worse than the average That Guy who does these things subconsciously?
>>
>>43489831
Maybe my opinion of humanity was still too high.

I always figured that these people who behave in this manner were utterly oblivious and did not know that they were creeping everyone else the fuck out, and if they could just connect the dots, little light bulbs would come on over their heads and they'd say "oh" and they'd knock that shit off.
>>
>>43489908
In most cases, you're probably right. In my case I try to avoid outright fetishization of my characters, but it feels like they can tell that it's a form wish fulfillment for me.

Like I said; My group doesn't say much about it, besides some occasional ribbing about 'Oh, X again?" but it does feel like they want to say MORE. Perhaps I'm paranoid.

Maybe it's in degrees.
>>
>>43490132
>>43489533
>>43489611
>>43489831
>>43489765
I feel that the defining characteristic of a That Guy is that he worsens the game for others while engaged in his own pursuits.

That said, if you are worried that you are That Guy and would compromise your behavior gladly if asked, then you are probably fine.

>>43489908
>Maybe my opinion of humanity was still too high.
Lurk more, that will change.
>>
File: 1419720785031.jpg (49KB, 373x208px) Image search: [Google]
1419720785031.jpg
49KB, 373x208px
>>43489176
>They saw something cool and wanted to explore. Then they got punished for wanting to explore.
>mfw a GM called his group "that group" for exploring
>The cleric probably wasn't even attacking the wizard
>>43484912
You are THAT GM.
>>
>>43489176
>That's not even being stupid,
Yeah, I was giving the benefit of the doubt to:
>>43484284
>Those were just the highlights. If you understood how stupid was each decision they made,
>that grammar

But even if they were warned that another party was after the relic and time was of the essence(which I highly doubt), they deserved experience.
>>
>>43490708
Second quote is supposed to be >>43483888
Sorry other guy, I didn't read your story.
>>
>>43490708
>You are THAT GM.
Not him, but I am curious if you mislinked because I can't fault the DM there.
(Aside from tolerating one player routinely calling another pedo for being a cleric)
>>
>>43486940
There's a story on 1d4chan where a cleric's goddess shows up on his wedding night. Can't remember the name, but it was hot.
>>
>>43490873
derp
>>
>>43461428
>>43461440
IIRC, Bill's an eldritch abomination/demon from the realm of ideas (The Astral Plane?). He needs hosts to manipulate the material world.

Not a bad starting point for a character, but it's a kid's show on the Disney channel so...yeah
/co/mrades, im sorry
>>
File: 1445898746436.gif (3MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1445898746436.gif
3MB, 280x210px
>>43453144
We've had a that guy in our group for years. He's a idiot who can't seem to evolve any of his tactics beyond "hit it harder" and complains under his breath about shit constantly despite nearly everything that happens being his own fault or the same thing that's happened to other members.
He also takes offense at the slightest provocation.

>be me making new campaign
> working on the setting at large and using real world events to help shape it. I tend to keep the group up to speed on this stuff as I design it to make the lore easier to digest.
>mention the inquisition will be a faction of xenophobic, heritic hunting magic haters.
> game takes place in the 1700s meaning the only inquisition still in play is the Spanish inquisition.
> he begins hassling me about making them not so bad because they are roughly connected to the Catholic church.

He gets like this with nearly everything and perceives any criticism as an attack it's gotten to the point that we ignore his complaints about everything
>>
You're one of the Britbongsteros guys?

Or does your GM have a similar rule to stop tards being tards?
>>
File: 1431809863127.gif (481KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
1431809863127.gif
481KB, 500x321px
>>43466796

>That girl made a reaping mauler chick
>Literally broke a guy in fucking half during sex

I wish I could say that was the only time she used sex as the perfect means to initiate a grapple, for the purpose of intentionally killing someone.
>>
File: e9d.jpg (96KB, 400x489px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
96KB, 400x489px
>>43491783
>>
File: Clarke-dodger.jpg (38KB, 471x600px) Image search: [Google]
Clarke-dodger.jpg
38KB, 471x600px
>Be me
>With a group with terrible GM, I think he has some sort of depression because everything he does is so stupidly grimdark.
>Latest campaign, fantasy but sort of pre-industrial era, the poor are forced to work in factories, no escape from poverty and the city etc etc
>Tired of this bullshit I proceed to make a blatant Artful Dodger ripoff rogue and break 'gritty' immersion with cockney rhyming slang at every opportunity.
>One other player got the reference
>DM throws a hissyfit and sends a guy to kill the cockney dodger.
>Chases character into a stately mansion
>I ask him where the kitchen is
>Scribbles out a rudimentary map (he'd obviously not premeditated this)
>"Great, I run into the kitchen and trap the door with alchemist's fire"
>Level 1 campaign, we were level 3 at this point so yes we were all still using nonmagical crap like that.
>"Ok then, fine roll for it"
>18
>"The black-clad assassin stalks towards you, his eyes alertly scanning the surrounding area"
>Rolls a 1
>"Kk, so that was 10 flasks so that's 10d6 right?"
>DM is visibly fuming but doesn't want to seem like a railroading asshole by just ignoring his assassin being toasted.
>As the assassin lies smouldering on the floor I look straight at the DM
>"Please, sir, could I have some more... Guv'nor."
>DM finally twigs, realising that I've been mocking his campaign for the last 3 months.
>Never seen someone that angry before in my life.
>Sing Food Glorious Food as I pack up my things to leave
>Worth it

Was I That Guy /tg/ ?
>>
>>43492143
nah, he's 'that GM' for trying to get rid of a interesting character.
>>
>>43483888

You did good improvising, why did you have to fuck it up with such a dick move?
>>
>>43492143
I agree with >>43492245
Trolling a grimderp GM is not necessarily being That Guy.
If the other players didn't mind, you did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 1386889942014.jpg (50KB, 286x390px) Image search: [Google]
1386889942014.jpg
50KB, 286x390px
I'm going to go right ahead and say it.

I have never created a character that is meant to fulfil a fetish of mine, nor would I ever want to. Nor have any players I have ever played with and that number is around 25-20 or so

Do people actually do that? Jesus Christ. Is it because I'm British? Am I and the people I play with too British /tg/?

Seriously.
>>
>>43494083
No, you're normal. I have also never made a character meant to fulfill a fetish.

Now, a few of my characters DID end up doing that, but it sure as shit wasn't intentional.
>>
>>43494083
>Is it because I'm British?
As someone complete ignorant as to true British expressions of fetish behavior, I am going to say yes.

I too would never involve my underdeveloped fetishes in my gaming.
But that's because I keep my sex separate from my gaming.
Some people like to mix their peanut butter and chocolate.
But shoving your bait and tackle into your friends' faces without the slightest warning is never okay.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.