[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>wh40k >Space marines just as overpowered in crunch as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 2671114-captain_titus.jpg (142KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
2671114-captain_titus.jpg
142KB, 580x326px
>wh40k
>Space marines just as overpowered in crunch as they are in the fluff
>however this is mitigated by the fact that the horus heresy destroyed so many marines and splintered the chapters so much that only one or two space marines can attend a war at any time
>monstrous combat unit on tabletop, operating as unit grind/distraction carnifex
>Imperium's main army is IG with Space marines as combat heavy terrifying HQ

It will never happen, but i can dream can't i /tg/?
>>
When I first encountered 40K I had the same thought. Marines as elite and hq options.
>>
>>43101870
>Entire design of space marine army choices made redundant
>Needing to buy tons of useless mooks whose aesthetic you may dislike simply because some moron thinks space marines only deploy to help imperial redshirts.
>>
>>43101945
>needing to buy tons of useless mooks

So why didn't GW do this? It fits their MO.
>>
>>43101945
Hey i'm not saying it'll happen now of all times, and i don't think space marines deploy only to help IG i'm just saying when there's one of them they would have to

I just had an idea, relax
>>
>>43101870
>fluff
What a cancerous meme.

Just call it lore, since that's what it is.
>>
>>43101996
>Semantics

I'll just call you a faggot, since that's what you really are.
>>
>>43101996
Go back to /v/ you moron.

>Fluff and crunch

What is the opposite of lore then?
>>
>>43101961
It's a stupid idea.
>>
>>43102051
Bore
>>
>>43101961
While a lot of it simply is inter service rivalry and elitism. I think officially they just simply don't get along well because they are simply two different in they abilities and MO to really be compatible together. Not too dissimilar to real world special forces and rank and file folders.
>>
>>43101870
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Chapter_Approved/Movie_Marines
>>
>>43101959
Because they already do that, except the mooks happen to be called "tactical marines"
>>
>>43101870
In fact, I thought about this for Chaos marines and traitor regiments, considering real traitor legions and chapters are supposedly low on logistics and twice as overpowered than regular space marines, so they only show up when a chaos incursion reaches its peak.
>>
>>43101945
Oh hey look, some fucktard who doesn't like the Guard.
>>
>>43102995

These. It was in White Dwarf wasn't it?
>>
>>43101870

Good job, you just bankrupted GW and killed 40K, faggot.

On the other hand, then we'd get to play grimdark USNC Marines, ODST, and get Master Chief for our LoW.
>>
>super-overpowered in infantry combat
>borderline invincible
>expensive

Represent spacemarines just like the fluff: as a weak-to-ordinary IFV/APC that happens to walk on two legs and fit through large doors.

Seriously, everything about marines can be copied by stuffing a couple ordinary soldiers in a light vehicle and refluffing it.

And for that reason, I don't think they need to be downplayed.
>>
>>43107229
Light vehicles would get rekt by Daemons, Chaos Space Marines,Tyranids, or Eldar.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.