[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that the Turians lost the First Contact War.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 21

File: smellydumbbirdscum.png (1MB, 1229x568px) Image search: [Google]
smellydumbbirdscum.png
1MB, 1229x568px
Daily reminder that the Turians lost the First Contact War.

>took more casualties
>kicked off of Shanxi
>paying humanity reparations to this very day

How's it feel knowing that the most powerful military in the galaxy failed against a species countless years less advanced?
>>
>>33507335

Much as I like HFY, the only reason the Turians didn't slap humanity back to the stone age after Shanxi was that the Council got curious about why the Turian fleet was beginning to mobilise.

In a straight fight they'd have pwned us. They had like 8 Dreadnoughts minimum per Human one.

The "reperations" for Shanxi are mostly them trying to save face after the whole Saren thing.

In ME 3 most races are like "Holy shit, don't piss the humans off, THEY WILL FUCK YOUR SHIT UP!" but that's largely due to them not being able to understand humans on a psychological level and why they keep going balls to the wall after the Reapers. With a 1:6 Human:Turian Dreadnought ratio and most of the Turian race under arms there is still no chance of humanity winning in a straight fight,
>>
>>33507534
ratio's more 4 to 1 actually, and the human's have more carriers
>>
>>33507534
There's also the differences in Turian and human military doctrine to consider. The Turians thought that what they defeated at Shanxi was the entire human military, they were also unfamiliar with the concept of garrisons which exist mainly to alert a larger more mobile force. When the turians station troops somewhere they tend to station enough to hold the location and repel any invaders on their own. Standard turian military doctrine is to meet and crush the enemy with overwhelming force.
>>
wasn't our response to them more or less total war and, at the time, their active force was more or less a patrol?
>>
>>33507582

Most of humanity's dreadnoughts were wiped out in the Reapers' first strike.

But even so we had 9 Dreadnoughts to the Turians' 40 (39 of their own, plus the Kwunu the Volus gave them). And the Turians have the lead in Thanix tech.

Humans only have 3 carriers, which doesn't really change the 1:4 "big ship" ratio much either.

Ratio is closer to 4 than it is to 6 though, my bad.
>>
They're not really that much more advanced, comparatively speaking.
>>
>>33507625
Yep, the force sent to Shanxi was initially there only to investigate what the fuck turned the relay on and potentially push whatever turned it on back through and hold the relay until their real military could show up to contain the situation.
>>
>Pink and white armor
Why
>>
>>33507623

In the first wave of combat, yes.

They quickly learned humanity had more and were gearing up to deal with that.

If the Council hadn't been all like "Hey, why are you guys gearing up to go all Krogan Rebellion on someone's cloaca?" that would have been it.

It would have been like feeding Cerberus mooks to Shepard.

>>33507625

Yep.
>>
>>33507693

Hardsuits are a combination of armour and uniform. They have shield projectors so being seen isn't that big a deal.

That particular suit is Phoenix armour, which provides better than usual Medi-Gel support and lets you shrug off and heal injuries really fast.
>>
>>33507694
>Turians:Hey, what are you doing over there, knock that off.
>Humans:You ain't the boss of me!
>Turians:Oh yeah? :shove:
>Humans:Your' mom's a whore! :shin kick:
>Turians:Ah! Son of a bitch, you're fucking dead kid!
>Salarians: [spying intensifies]
>Asari:You two calm down or momma spank.

And that was the Relay 314 Incident.
>>
>>33507335
>tfw you will never get to screw a turian
>tfw you will never be sore for a week from the allergic reaction as they cum inside you
>tfw you will never hobble around, everyone knowing exactly why you're doing it
>>
>>33507534
>>33507653
the essential problem is that a basic 100KT tactical warhead could eliminate each of those dreadnaughts in a single hit; we have thousands of such warheads NOW, and could undoubtedly mass produce them for space war. so really the number of dreadaughts in a REAL no-holds-barred war doesn't matter
>>
>>33507780
Nay. It was more like the Turians saw someone entering a government facility without a pass, and opened fire without any warning. Turns out the Humans couldn't read the signs.
>>
>>33507780

>>Asari:You two calm down or momma spank.
>>33507335

>Me gusta

But seriously, it was diplomatic pressure. The Salarians and Asari combined didn't have the firepower of the Turians, that was why they had to let them join the Council after the Krogan Rebellions.

Kind of funny that the Coucil only ever expands because the existing members fucked up and couldn't handle something. Wonder if ME4 will show who gets the fifth seat.
>>
>>33507335
Are those male and female turians in the picture? Which one is which?
>>
>>33507808

Someone doesn't know how Kinetic Barriers, GARDIAN arrays, and singularity-forged armour work.
>>
File: Volus.jpg (35KB, 237x360px) Image search: [Google]
Volus.jpg
35KB, 237x360px
>>33507852
>Wonder if ME4 will show who gets the fifth seat.

After the Volus save the galaxy from the second Krogan Rebellions.
>>
File: female turian.jpg (92KB, 620x747px) Image search: [Google]
female turian.jpg
92KB, 620x747px
>>33507866
Those are both male, the females look like this.
>>
File: skullface.jpg (189KB, 684x794px) Image search: [Google]
skullface.jpg
189KB, 684x794px
>>33507898
>>
>>33507866

Could be either.

Initially, female Turians were supposed to have a head crest just like males. Then that Talon chick in Omega had a smooth head, as do Cabal Vanguards.

Going by the pic, the one to the far right may be female (unless there are other comic book panels showing a crest) but the other one is male.
>>
>>33507898
I'd fuck it
>>
>>33507808
>the number of dreadaughts in a REAL no-holds-barred war doesn't matter
But it does, you need some way to project force and get those warheads into strategic positions. With bigger fleet you can outmaneuver the enemy.
>>
>>33507878
no, canonicly, even dreadnaught main guns put out 0nly 10-20KT, and there is pretty much NO armor that can handle firepower of that magnitude. and those are weak-ass warheads, even. Megaton range is just as realistic, AND can guaranteed boom ANYTHING in the ME universe.

and as for GARDIAN arrays, Macross Missile Massacre is the solution, as IN CANON, they cannot shoot down all missiles. (we see ships delivering point-blank missile attach runs and getting 80+% hits, too
>>
>>33507883
Wouldn't surprise me if they're the next in line, seeing as how they control a disproportionate amount of the galactic economy.
>>
>>33507921
caution: incompatible body chemistry
>>
>>33507883
You mean Human Rebellions, right? They're basically like smarter Krogans, fast breeding and belligerent.
>>
>>33507944
Also incompatible sexual orientation.
>>
>>33507801
All I ever wanted was a gay option for Garrus, would've that been so hard to include in the game BioWare?
>>
>>33507883

Nah, the Volus are pretty happy with the current set-up; the Turians mostly do what they're told, meaning they don't have to fight themselves and can concentrate on muh monies.

If they joined the Council directly they'd have to contribute more and would lose the Turians as a shield.

My money would be on the Quarians as a reward for deploying their entire race to fight the Reapers at Earth.

Possibly the Krogans for the Miracle at Palaven and becoming marines for the Turians before fighting at Earth.
>>
>>33507976
I don't think there would be any Council after travel between systems got cut off?
>>
>>33507961
referring to gender or species? cause i know some Turian ladies out Omega way that'll do anything for a few credits
>>
>>33508003
not all travel, just relay. FTL drives are still OK, FTL comms still work. it's just more like a month or a couple between clusters instead of days
>>
>>33507935

>I can't into codex entries and (sci-fi) physics

If nukes mattered a damn people would be using them. Instead, it's all Mass Effect-driven boiling liquid streams fired at significant percentages of light speed, artificial black hole generators, and even weirder shit.
>>
Feels like pointless wank. Just like everything by that company.
>>
>>33508025
Referring to the fact that the female turian I posted in that pic is a lesbian, she's gay, gay for Aria.
>>
File: 4525525.jpg (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
4525525.jpg
4KB, 200x200px
>>33508057
>>
>>33508036

Problem with using nukes space is that there's not really enough fissionable material out there to make it a devastating weapon.

Put that bitch in an asteroid and use it as a trap, though, and you're getting back into Terrifying Weapon territory.
>>
>>33508003

Thanks to CLARIFYING MUH ARTISTIC VISIONS a high-resource Destroy ending only damages the relays and they're repaired pretty quickly.

Besides, regardless of which ending you go for (or is ambiguously implied if the timeline advances past that point) the majority of the upper ranks of the military for each Council race plus potentially the same for the Quarians, Geth, Batarian, and Hanar are present at Earth and would probably start making executive decisions.
>>
>>33508080
>Aria
You mean the "nongendered" Asari lady?
I'm not really sure that constitutes being a lesbian.
>>
>>33508036
no, the codex entries are the ones throwing around double didgetKT numbers. ME has the problem of talking big and thaen throwing out shit-ass numbers.
ehelp, looks like I was a BIT short. the numbers for dreadnaughts is 38KT.

" Each slug has the kinetic energy of about 38 kilotons of TNT" (from the wiki)"

>significant percentages
>1.3%
>>
Whats the point of arguing who'd win when the turians and humans are close allies?
>>
>>33508117
It's not so much that but that the majority of the damage nukes cause is via the shockwave caused by the rapid air displacement. No air in space means no shockwave.
>>
>>33508117
> not really enough fissionable material
I'm not sure you know how nukes work, anon.
in space the killer for nuke effectiveness is the lack of air to produce an overpressure wave, which means blast radius hits arn't very powerful; however a direct contact hit is still 100% destruction of the target
>>
>>33508147
It's called dick-measuring, it's a human thing.
>>
>>33508172
eh, maybe the shields/materials are better at absorbing em radiation
need a physical mass to punch through it
>>
>>33508217
no, see, if you get a contact hit, the overpressure rebound through the atmo in the ship, killing everybody aboard with pressure, PLUS the air will burst the hull metal. so at that point, rad protection doesn't matter. though for a near-miss, shields would make it pretty useless (unless you use the warhead to build a casaba howitzer instead of a contact warhead, then everyone is 100% pure fucked)
>>
File: noflash_batarian_410x198.jpg (12KB, 410x198px) Image search: [Google]
noflash_batarian_410x198.jpg
12KB, 410x198px
Asari are traitors to the galactic community for staying the Hierarchy's talon as it was about to end the human blight in its infancy. Asari are no better than the blight of humanity! There will come a reckoning when humanity's crimes are repaid in kind and Earth is reduced to cinders and rubble! No more will they pollute the galaxy with their bile and their feces. Reclamation and retribution will be ours.
>>
>>33508131

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Thanix

You're also assuming that dreadnought main guns are some kind of ZOMG ship-killer. They aren't.

Shields in ME have to be overwhelmed through time and separate attacks. Single, big hits get bled off by shields whilst multiple smaller hits can drop them more quickly.

Then you can carve into the delicious chocolate centre.

Missiles are worth shit in ship-to-ship combat. There's a reason why they're reserved for finishing off crippled opponents or ground support.
>>
>>33508248

>Oh shit the Reapers are real
>Oh shit they've pwned Kar'Shan
>Oh shit the humans are helping us
>MFW I realise the humans were right all along
>God damn wiping away four bitch tears at once sucks
>>
>>33508025
>>33508080
ya know... turian woman look pretty nice
>>
File: 774rr3445q.jpg (26KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
774rr3445q.jpg
26KB, 600x300px
>>33508248
>mfw Khar'shan is just North Korea, the planet
>>
>>33508120
Huh, didn't know that. I guess it makes sequels more likely?
>>
>>33508252
>gives frigates cruiser firepower
I see nothing about dreadnaught-plus firepower there, anon.
even the REAPER'S main guns, able to one-shot any ship, are in the sub-megaton range. hell, at the low end, they've been estimated a 132 KT, and they can fuck ANY ship with one hit. so a 100KT warhead would kill frigates and cruisers, and you'd need two, tops for a dreadnaught.
>"132 to 450 kilotons of TNT, which dwarfs the main gun of an Everest-class Alliance dreadnought. No known ship, not even a dreadnought, has been known to survive a hit from this weapon"

also, even if missiles are slightly shit, the casaba howitzer comes into play: a jet of nuclear-yield plasma burning everything away, plus it's too fast to dodge and can't be shot down.
>>
>>33508340
No, because the reaper gun is directed energy, the nuke is omnidirectional, producing much less of an effect on the target. Even blowing up right on the shields the nuke is not doing sending even half of that energy at the ship.
>>
>>33508246
>casaba howitzer

Probably my favorite mode of transportation/weapon of awesome ever dreamed up by insane scientists.
>>
File: rachni_queen.jpg (135KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
rachni_queen.jpg
135KB, 900x506px
>>33508298
all ME woman look pretty nice
>>
>>33508375
that's for a shield hit, true. that just ups it to three or four warheads (or one 400KT warhead). or use a casaba howitzer to drop the shields, then a contact nuke shot to the hull (or another howitzer shot, that also works)
>>
>>33507653
It doesn't matter how many ships the Turians have, only a simpleton thinks in terms like that. What matters is how many ships they can actually bring to the fight. Sure, the Turians may have 4x the ships, but they have 10-20x the territory to protect, and humanity isn't the only threat out there. Sure, they could haul every damn ship they have out to bumblefuck nowhere and blow the damn Humans out of the water, but then what the hell's protecting their shit, acting as a deterrent to outside forces to keep them the fuck back? With everything they have to keep safe, they'd be lucky if they safely redeploy the quarter of their fleet they'd need to use just to match the Humans. I'll bet you the only reason the Council noticed and objected to the Turian's mobilizing is they noticed that the boneheaded lizards had left half their boarder territory with skeleton garrisons and the god-knows-what out in the inky blackness was already spreading the lube. Hell, given the size of the territory the Turians are tasked with defending, their fleet is either severely inadequate, or Earth's fleet is ridiculously over-gunned.
>>
>>33508281
Stop crying, now's not the time, we'll mourn the dead later, right now, we fight for what's left of our galaxy, now get up and
>>
>>33508375
>reaper gun is directed energy

don't they just fire jets of liquid tungsten at luminal speeds
>>
>>33508474
yes. it fires magneticly contained bursts of liquid metal at 1-2% of C
>>
>>33508474
Yes, I mean that the many KT of energy is going in a single direction, as opposed to a nuke sending it out in all directions, as with a regular tactical warhead. In this context the medium of transfer is irreverent.
>>
>>33508327

Only if they set it so far in the future that nobody knows what really went down. Even then they'd be confirming whether the ending involved Synthesis or not, and they're really reluctant to confirm player decisions as being canon- even Shepard's gender is unknown in canon, when Shepard is referred to in the books and comics they just say "Shepard" and never he or she in reference to the good commander.

>I see nothing about dreadnaught-plus firepower there, anon.

"But muh numbers are BIIIIIG!"

A nuke has an instant effect.

A Thanix cannon shoots out a continuous stream.

You know how I was talking about how easily shields can deal with single big hits but struggle with multiple impacts just before?

Yeah, that.

Also, Thanix weapons are highly optimised for carving through Kinetic Barriers and hull plating. Nukes? Not so much.

>>33508340

>also, even if missiles are slightly shit, the casaba howitzer comes into play: a jet of nuclear-yield plasma burning everything away, plus it's too fast to dodge and can't be shot down.

Again, see Thanix cannons. They fire a stream of molten metal at near light speed.

Whereas the weapon/effect you're talking about would be slapped aside by a Kinetic Barrier before coming into contact with armour forged by exposing high-density metals to Mass Effect fields that use black hole-like gravity effects to crush armour into super-dense slabs, designed to deflect or absorb high-energy impacts, dissipate incredible heat swiftly, and be proof against high radiation.
>>
>>33508497
still, the point being that nukes would wreck dreadnaughts in a half second (also, the casaba howitzer IS pretty much a human-made version of the reaper's main gun, and would be just as effective)
>>
>>33507808
It takes several direct hits from the main gun of a dreadnought to knock out another dreadnought's shields.

Missiles can't get close enough to do damage. Point-defense lasers effectively eliminated them all. Disruption torpedoes can hit at short range, but have a massively powerful mass effect generator to protect them.

The only thing that can threaten a dreadnought is another dreadnought, or a fighter swarm and suicidally brave frigates to exploit the breaches in the shields.
>>
>>33508486

Dreadnought main guns fire at ~1.3% light speed.

Thanix and Reaper weapons fire at "near" light speed.

>>33508424

I suggest you familiarise yourself with how dangerous the Turians are.

Their active military is roughly the size of the other two Council races combined, plus the Quarians, plus the Krogans, plus the Batarians.

They're used as a threat to keep the entire galaxy in line.

And that's their active military, which *every* Turian is required to serve in at some point. This isn't counting how many Spectres they have or the way they compose most of the police and para-military forces throughout Council-aligned space.

At the time of Shanxi, humanity would have been a speed bump for the Turians. If that.
>>
>>33508576
see, I'm stating CANON numbers and what CANON says blows the fuck up when it takes hits of that magnitude. you're wanking fluff that SOUNDS cool, but has no info on how it actually does vis a vis weapons. so basicly, the games says "400KT, more than enough to kill anything that flys", and I say 400KT warhead/casaba howitzer, and you're like 'muh magic armor that is shown to fail against smaller weapons'
>>
>>33508578
Yes, casaba howitzer is a vastly better weapon than most things in ME. Considering they can produce antimatter in ME I am surprised that they don't really have any weapons that utilize it. Hell just the main guns could fire out some antimatter, then regular matter and by controlling the speeds you could determine when they connect. As you are waiting for a firing solution anyway, the only reason not to do this is because you don't want to fuck with antimatter, but they already are screwing around with antimatter because they said they use it in the military ship thrusters.
>>
>>33508692

>See, I'm ignoring context and claiming that MUH NUMBERS are superior.

It's not the numbers that matter. The effective KT comparisons are irrelevant; it's how the weapon works that matters.

Kinetic Barriers and GARDIAN grids can explicitly stop most missiles cold, some distance from the hull. For the rest, you're still talking about near-magical armouring techniques and atmosphere sealed in by Mass Effect technology that stops the crew from pancaking when they go from sub-light speeds to traveling at hundreds of times the speed of light.

You really have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>33508578
>Nukes.

You realize that there's no way to deliver a nuke -to- a dreadnought, right?
>>
I found the mass effect 3 multiplayer really fun

The first contact war would have ended eventually with humans in a sound defeat.
>>
>>33508748
>Yes, casaba howitzer is a vastly better weapon than most things in ME. Considering they can produce antimatter in ME I am surprised that they don't really have any weapons that utilize it. Hell just the main guns could fire out some antimatter, then regular matter and by controlling the speeds you could determine when they connect. As you are waiting for a firing solution anyway, the only reason not to do this is because you don't want to fuck with antimatter, but they already are screwing around with antimatter because they said they use it in the military ship thrusters.
I feel like totally different guys wrote the different space shipcodex entries; one guy was all 'super-high-tech mega-sci-fi', having clearly read nothing about the universe, and other guys were like 'let's write stuff that sounds feasible for the 22nd century', and they gave us 38KT main guns.
>>
>>33508785
here's a though (I MIGHT have stolen this from halo, not 100% sure), but you could probably launch a stripped-down warhead from a mass accelerator at a high enough speed to make it uninterceptible, and impact-fuse it. that gives you nuke delivery without escape
>>
>>33508120
They get rebuilt at the end of every ending
>>
>>33508789
>expecting consistency in mass effect after the first game
>>
What kind of an allergic reaction would a human have to a turian?
Specifically, a turian's jizz?
>>
>>33508831
Organ failure.
>>
>>33507335
The Turians were distracted by a Reaper uprising on their fucking homeworld.

Humanity had no chance of winning an actual war against the Turians, they were just saved by a combination of circumstances. If they hadn't been dealing with the "meta-turians" and the Council hadn't forced the Turians to withdraw, Humanity would've been bombed back into the stone age, and the reapers wouldn't have had a cause to enter the galaxy again since there were no species they would harvest for a new Reaper.
>>
>>33508831
based on IRL biology? probably not a lot. based on ME biology? she'd either die (or if garrus' waifu, get a cold and laugh about it) or noting would happen.
(sidenote: dextro-levo DOES NOT mean food incompability; MINT is dextro IRL. personally, I just assume turian food is fucking gross to humans. like maybe they like a combo of slimy, salty and SUPER bitter that would make any human gag if they tried it)
>>33508825
but anon, the shit-storm I described is from ME 1's codex
>>
>>33508680
Hey buddy, you're the one who posted the number of ships the Turians got, not me. Compare that number of ships to what the humans have. 1:4 ratio? With a territory as large as theirs? There is simply no way the Turnians could commit enough forces to combat the Humans effectively and still keep their other interests safe. Do you understand that? Logistics, fucker. It doesn't matter what they have, what matters is if they can use it, especially when you are on the offensive. If an empire with 100 ships and 100 world is forced to attack one with 25 ships and 5 worlds, the smaller power has the advantage, assuming that there are other external threats to the larger group than the small power in question. This is exactly the situation that the Turains are in. It's not rocket surgery, anon.

>b...but muh dudes, muh ships, muh numbas!

Could you at least pretend to address my point, before you go off wanking how very many dudes and spaceboats more the Turians have? Once again, given the performance of Turian and Human technology we see in both the game in the codex, the comarative size of the human and Turian fleets, and the comparative size of their territories, and the external threats facing them, I see no evidence that the Turians could afford to defeat the humans. They COULD defeat them, but it'd be idiotic for them to try.
>>
>>33508823
You could just shoot an appropriate mass of plutonium, when it contacts anything the pressure should be enough. Add on a container of fusible material within a doughnut of plutonium and you have a fusion bomb.
>>
>>33508865

>and the reapers wouldn't have had a cause to enter the galaxy again since there were no species they would harvest for a new Reaper.

They still roll back in every 50, 000ish years regardless of whether they can make another Reaper Dreadnought or not. Races that can't be ascended into a Dreadnought get turned into Reaper Destroyers instead.
>>
>>33508831
None.
>>
>>33508786
It is. The characters have distinct play styles and abilities and the 20 min games are well paced. Unlocking new characters and weapons was fun too.
>>
>>33508896
I was considering that, but I was unsure weather or not shield/hull impact would provide the proper pressure distribution for implosion. though a gun-type bomb lined up with the target could work; impact slams the reaction masses together, detonating them... but that would only be pure fission. for the multi-stage power you want, launching a whole warhead is plenty feasible, and probably a better plan
>other thing ME needed to steal from halo
>nova bomb
I feel like that would make for an interesting ending to the FCW. turians see humans moving up a NOVA bomb to shanxi, and go 'oh god these guys are fucking insane' and let the asari negotiate
>>
>>33508883
Nothing would happen. Shephard doesn't get sick from eating out Tali.
>>
>>33508831
Nothing. According to the in game codex you get no nutritional value. Very worst case is anapylactic shock. The death thing is way overblown
>>
>>33508921
It was really good, didn't feel tacked on at all. If the ending had been better, ME3 could've been 10/10.
>>
>>33508872
>>33508905
>>33508958
>>33508959
Really now?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaphylaxis
>>
>>33508977
they mention that as a theoretically POSSIBLE side effect. who knows, maybe quarian lube has similar proteins to peanuts, and that allergic reaction carries over.
>>
File: 1399933353832.jpg (31KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1399933353832.jpg
31KB, 250x251px
>>33507883
>>
>>33508883

That's the number of Dreadnoughts they have.

Not the size of their fleet or military.

And Dreadnoughts are limited in numbers by treaty, with the Turians having the Volus behind them and ready to churn ships out by the buttload.

The Turians explicitly have a military strong enough to fight the Asari and Salarians plus at least another race and win, all at the same time. Humanity, which at that point had like 200 ships total, maybe four of which were Dreadnoughts.

The Turians had literally thousands of smaller vessels and probably at least five times as many Dreadnoughts.

It would have been a one-sided ROFLstomp if they'd gone through with the attack at the time of the First Contact War.
>>
>>33508977
Tali gets sick, but Shephard doesn't, and that's mostly due to her Quarian biology.

Does Garrus get sniffles when he fucks femShep? I haven't played FemShep ME3 yet.
>>
>>33507956
>They're
Confirmed for non-human. Xeno purging initiated.
>>
>>33509028

Nope.

But he does need to wear his targeting visor. For calibration purposes, I guess.
>>
>>33509028
IIRC it's pretty much 100% because she has an AIDS-tier immune system. the species difference doesn't really matter. it's said to be the same way between two quarians, anyhow
>>
>>33507976
ME1, the Volus Ambassador wasn't happy that the Humans had ascended so high while they and the Elcor were still forced to share an Embassy and had no Council seat.

>>33507883
I could see the Volus getting a Council seat. But what's more likely is that Galactic Government, if this takes place after ME3, gets rebuilt in a completely new form, more democratic and open to all races. Both because it's a logical evolution from the banding together of the races during the Reaper War and because Bioware agenda.

But what's more likely to happen is that Bioware just sets it in some time before ME3 in some non-important part of the galaxy.

More information is coming out of Comic-Con, but it'll probably just be "This is how we're designing the game" rather than plot-related.
>>
>>33508176
I'd love to hear this discussion among a group of council races
>>
>>33509056
Yeah, that's what I meant. Her sterile-adapted biology. Should've been clearer.
>>
>>33509082
no problem, buddy.
that makes me wonder something.. with a concentrated run of immune boosting drugs and implants, do you thing quarians could be suitless in a decade after the war, 20 years?. I figure 10 if the geth are around to help, 20-30 if they died.
>>
>>33509114
That's what they say if you conquer Rannoch for them.
>>
>>33509063

Yeah, but that dude was just unhappy in general. The Volus government in general is implied to be pretty happy with the current setup and doesn't want to have to commit any more heavily to the Council when they can get almost everything they want through the Turians as patsies, with the Embassy there for face-saving/plausible deniability/diplomatic missions aimed at boosting trade purposes.
>>
>>33509126
ah. I always made peace when I played.
thing I'm working on is set 40 years on, so they are suitless either way, I'm just kinda stuck on how long
>>
>>33508080

That's a different female Turian. The one on Omega dies on Omega.
>>
>>33508122
Asari are coded female by most species standards. So a female having exclusive interest in Asari is lesbian enough.
>>
>>33508789
Why timing. just have a missle with a dollop of antimatter for a warhead.
Impact with an enemy vessel =Boom
have a bit of DU on a spring behind the antimatter so that even if the missle can't get close inertia will still set the thing off.
>>
>>33509227
I just assume they can get like 1-3 ATOMS worth of antimatter together at a time. enough to kick in the v-tec at high speed moments, but not enough for bombs (that and I just kinda ignore that bit of the codex)
>>
>>33509227

Why bother with anti-matter when you fling missiles that generate black holes with their warhead and are a lot more stable?

That's what they use instead. Seriously. Missiles that cause (small, temporary) black holes, or that have Thanix tips, or which use Mass Effect fields to flay the target apart at the molecular level.
>>
>>33509256
I still don't get Thanix missiles. Isn't the Thanix cannon a railgun that shoots a jet of molten metal instead of a slug? How does that technology apply to missiles?
>>
>>33507852

Elcor or Hanar.

Or Hanar riding Elcor
>>
>>33509286
buzzwords, anon. you can only use MASS EFFECT as a weapon modifier so much, so somebody was like 'we need more missile types to pad this codex' and somebody was like 'uhh, thanix canon.. hmm .....I'VE GOT IT! THANIX MISSILES!'
>>
>>33509286

Thanix missiles have the advantage of being able to strike from different vectors to the launching vessel. Gives another angle of attack to bring down shields or tear up an unprotected target.

Plus for ground forces it means being able to deploy a Thanix weapon without lugging an extremely large vehicle or turret around.

But in essence, the Thanix warhead is a one-shot Thanix canon, and the missile is the method of getting it into a firing position.

>than dalek

EXTERMINATE CAPTCHA
>>
>>33509331

BADASSFULLY: ENKINDLE THIS
>>
>>33509370
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGldy-ABbsw

A lover in every port and a gun in every tentacle.
>>
File: 1358836205672.jpg (442KB, 1000x798px) Image search: [Google]
1358836205672.jpg
442KB, 1000x798px
>>33509370
>>33509407

They kinda destroyed the character in the DLC, didn't they? Not by actor's douchebaggery, but by the horrible script as well.
>>
>>33509250
about a year ago in Canada scientists managed to create anti-matter, and keep it around for about 20 min. Not sure how much anti-matter they made, though.
>>
>>33509138
If you made peace and didn't Green or Yellow the same thing happens. So long as Rannoch is available for them to colonize, they can start rebuilding their immune systems within decades instead of centuries.
>>
>>33509768
>Peace and Green
>Hot cyborg on android action

Yes please.

What would the kids look like?
>>
>>33509954

BY YOUR COMMAND
>>
>>33507335
>caring about bioware

Top kike
>>
>>33507935
If you're gonna describe ME space combat by what's shown in cutscenes, you're wrong. It blatantly throws anything the codex has to say about the topic to the wayside in favor of frigates blowing reapers to bits.
>>
>>33507938
The Volus are what happens when you have JEWS IN SPACE.
>>
>>33507852
Batarians

14/88 gas the humans space war now
>>
File: tumblr_n1n133Kzpf1rlmx6uo1_1280.png (185KB, 524x689px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1n133Kzpf1rlmx6uo1_1280.png
185KB, 524x689px
>>33510179

Why can't we like, squat along?
>>
>>33509954
No kids. As bio-synthetic organisms, they can't actually reproduce sexually. They reproduce asexually through budding while melding digital code through Asari-style mind melds.

And that's why Green is bullshit.
>>
>>33510253
So is that just how -you- figure it works, or do you have something to back that up?
>>
>>33507921
Ditto
>>
>>33507944
Fun fact:
Dextros IRL is a sugar the human body can digest. (It's in mint and some other fruits.)
IRL if you were allergic, it'd like being allergic to nuts.
>>
>>33508944
>I feel like that would make for an interesting ending to the FCW. turians see humans moving up a NOVA bomb to shanxi, and go 'oh god these guys are fucking insane' and let the asari negotiate
Now that would've been a vastly better introduction than the Alliance effectively locking themselves in the gilded cage of an associate member-species of the Council.
The whole structure is there to benefit the Council and keep everyone else in line.
>>
>>33509018
They'd have bled though.
Have you not paid attention to our history?
When a human army is cornered we fight like cornered, wild animals.
>>
>>33509189
Or she could have been bisexual.

(Why do people so often assume someone is gay/lesbian rather than even considering bisexuality?)
>>
>>33510570
Because gays and lesbians hate bisexuals. Have you never visited /lgbt/?
>>
>>33510531

Which is cool and all, but Turians had just slapped the shit out of the motherfucking Krogans, who make us look like goddamn Bambi by comparison.

Oh, and they have over a thousand years of scientific and military advancement in space combat on us.

And a much larger military.

>>33510512

>The whole structure is there to benefit the Council and keep everyone else in line.

Well, yeah. Same with any other social or diplomatic organisation.

Humans still forced their way into the SPECTREs and onto the Council faster than anyone else ever has (probably ever will) but that was entirely due to luck with the whole Saren thing. If Shepard had been like a minute slower on Eden Prime the whole galaxy would have been Reaper chow.
>>
>>33511081
You know what else they've got?
They're stuck on blitzkrieg tactics.
The only ones that DON'T follow those are the Cabals and the other SpecOps.
The average grunt is just ASKING to be butt-fucked by asymmetric warfare.
Besides, unlike the krogan, we've got enough impulse control to work together when we've got a mutual enemy.

I like the Turians as a well-designed race, but you're drastically underselling humanity.

I mean, since when has a larger military ever stopped humans from resisting? Look at the Chasseurs Ardennais or just listen to Sabaton's 'Resist and Bite' for the abbreviated version of that story.
>>
>>33511189

>They're stuck on blitzkrieg tactics

Stop. Just stop.

You've been talking out of your ass a lot, but now it's getting embarrassing.

They are not stuck on any kind of tactics. They like to roll in with overwhelming force and crush the enemy up front, but guess what? So does pretty much every military ever.

They are just fine with asymmetric warfare. What do you think the Krogan Rebellions were? Who won those?

Which race provides the most SPECTREs? Turians.

The only Council race with a tactical fixation is the Salarians, and that's only because they know they're flimsy in a straight fight and would prefer to strike from hiding or outsmart their opponents.

Human resistance would have been futile. The Asari and Salarian knew it, that's why the brokered the peace deal. It's also why humanity accepted the peace deal.

Come the start of ME3 the power disparity is a lot less significant (still extremely significant on the side of the Turians, who have that much larger fleet, much larger population, and much heavier infrastructure to support going to a total war footing) but there is really no hope of humanity standing against the Turians at the time of Shanxi and minimal hope of it by the time of ME3.

Humanity could have resisted all it wanted. Wouldn't have helped shit. Know what happened during the colonisation of the Americas, Australia, NZ and everywhere else?

Imagine that shit with an even bigger tech disparity and the colonial forces being much larger.

Best-case scenario, humans get stuck in reservations. More likely they use some Genophage-type thing on humanity and beat them senseless. Most likely is straight-up, ass-blasting pwnage at their hands, with the Turians sending the barest fraction of their available forces.
>>
We have antimatter now but we don't use it for anything.

Just because you have something doesn't mean you can weaponize it.
>>
>>33510607
Yep, I have.

Never got why gays/lesbians hate me for it. I'm just like them, only I like the other gender as well.
>>
>>33511851
because they're faggots
>>
>>33507746
Still don't really answer that guy's question, and it is a compelling one.
>>
>>33511973
It's because it was Ashley's default armor in the first game, and they wanted to make her look feminine.

That's all.
>>
>>33512005
>Even though Ashley is pretty damn non-feminine 90% of the time.
>>
>>33512005
Fuck, that purdy pink thing was pretty annoying. Seems like a pretty retarded design choice, it's not a kids game.
>>
>>33512095
ME is pretty much a kid's game.
>>
>>33512117
Well, yeah, but I mean it not Knights and Fairies II for the iPad or whatever.
>>
>>33512134
No, it's space knights and fairies 3 for consoles.
>>
>>33512117
No, it wasn't a kid's game. It was a game designed for people to play with others, like all Bioware RPGs. For parents to play with their kids in the room, for friends to play on a shared TV in the dorm, for amateur authors to play to practice fleshing out characters. It was unapologetic Space Opera, to put it bluntly, which is exactly what it wanted to be. That means they had to include some spectacle they may not have needed in, say, Dragon Age, and deliberately didn't include.
>>
>>33512117

>Krogan team mate is all "muh genocide"
>Quarian team mate is all "muh genocide"
>Enemy is all "want to genocide"
>Ashley wants to genocide
>Fucking slavers everywhere
>People and aliens tortured for the lols
>Have to kill at least one team member
>May run into dude who is PTSD because you dun goofed in your origin story and deliberately got your command killed for the mission if you chose that origin

>Pretty much a kid's game

Mmmkay.

I guess if all you care about is colour, movement, and BOOM HEADSHOT NOOB then sure. If you pay attention for five or more consecutive seconds, not so much.
>>
>>33512157
>No, it wasn't a kid's game. It was a game designed for people to play with others, like all Bioware RPGs.
Thanks for confirming that you are yet another retarded tripfag.
>Single player RPG
>designed for people to play with others
Only ME3 could possibly fit this definition.

There is absolutely nothing beyond a young adult novel in ME. A huge number of their sales will have been to children. Mass Effect is absolutely a series for kids.
>>
File: Mortal_engines.jpg (43KB, 309x475px) Image search: [Google]
Mortal_engines.jpg
43KB, 309x475px
>>33512166
Gee because everyone knows nothing for kids can mention genocide, slavery, torture, death, disfigurement and mental trauma.
>>
>>33512186
It's designed to be played with others like Star Wars is designed to be watched with others. Space Opera is always theater. That's why it's called Opera.
>>
>>33507534
Humans as a whole are seen as a threat due to their psychological nature. They're ambitious as fuck, that scares a lot of the other specie, particularly the Asari who have been dominant for fucking ever. Humanity's whole attitude is balls deep all or nothing with tactics which are all about forcing the enemy into Pyrrhic victories. The turians view us as a threat because of this, most races see the giant military and go "Well shit." Humans fling themselves at it in some desperate hope of victory.

tl;dr Humans ambitious as fuck and aim for near impossible chances. Strange mindset = terrifying for the top dogs
>>
>>33507883
Most likely to be Hanar tbh. Represent themselves and the drell and they are remarkably well spread and adapted. Not too mention comments on them being considered next in game
>>
>>33512209
So space opera is not a genre novels can be written about, got it. It's purely shared genre. Got it. That makes sense.

Oh wait, no it doesn't, you're just fucking retarded.

Space opera as a term isn't even referring to musical opera you dumb piece of shit.
>>
>>33512198
Pic related might be even more appropriate
>>
>>33512236
My goodness, there's a hateboner lodged firmly in your prostate. Did Mass Effect touch you in a bad place? Did a tripcode take your sweetroll?
>>
>>33512198

Bit of a difference between mention and "examine in great detail, with added body horror thanks to Cerberus, Dragon's Teeth, and the Thorian."

Also a bit of a difference between "for kids" and "aimed at the 15-25 market."
>>
File: Richard_Adams_WatershipDown.jpg (115KB, 280x437px) Image search: [Google]
Richard_Adams_WatershipDown.jpg
115KB, 280x437px
>>33512242
Or this.
>>
>>33511314
>>33512210
What the top guy said, that's what I was getting at, I just didn't phrase it well.
>>
>>33512198
I can tell you right now that if someone made a game targeting kids, not teenagers, kids as you say, and it included genocide, slavery, torture, death, disfigurement and mental trauma, it would be banned in many a countries, USA included.
>>
>>33512236
Calm down, fa/tg/uy. I didn't say it can't be written about. You're projecting.

What I said is that it's theatric, and it is.
>>
>>33512253
Yeah, I guess I misphrased. Humanity's military isn't dangerous, there's no way in hell they'd be able to take any of the bigger races on especially the Turians. What keeps them respected and feared is their ungodly level of ambition.
>>
>>33512249
>Also a bit of a difference between "for kids" and "aimed at the 15-25 market."
Sure, but the book I posted isn't 15+ and...
>>33512198
Graphic, explicit violence with both adults and children. Main character has a disfiguring wound inflicted by her own father.
>>33512242
Multiple scenes of violence, including being killed/eaten. Even a discussion of one of the main characters feeling impelled to devour others.
>>33512250
Shown death in a snare trap.

I think those (especially as they're all easily imaginable in human experience) are probably if anything in more detail or more horrifying than some dodgy grey guy pulling himself off a glowing spike.

>>33512246
I don't hate ME at all, I just don't understand why people won't acknowledge the series is intended for children and young teens will make up a big section of its intended audience.
>>
>>33512287
Young teens make up a section of its audience, yes. But it's by no means aimed at them. The target demographic isn't children, and it's definitely not the biggest demographic, but it is a demographic yes.
>>
>>33512271

To be fair, they did beat the shit out of the Batarians. That was mostly allowed because the Batarians pissed the Council off more than humans did, and it kept the murderous psychotic hairless apes busy for a while, then happy after.

But yeah. No emerging race would be able to take on the Salarians, much less Asari or Turians. Without Reaper aid even the Geth would have been hosed, and they're probably the most powerful race that doesn't have a seat on the Council.
>>
>>33512305
>Young teens make up a section of its audience, yes. But it's by no means aimed at them. The target demographic isn't children, and it's definitely not the biggest demographic, but it is a demographic yes.
I think that you have a much more genuine opinion of EA as a producer of creative content than I do but whatever, that's about as far as we can go with this.

I definitely agree it is not ONLY intended for children.
>>
>>33512271
Also, I'm different anon to the one you were talking to previously, so I wasn't talking out my ass, so much as trying to point out that historically, there're a lot cases where men have pulled off astounding shit against overwhelming odds, even if the end result was them dead.
The Alamo, Operation Chariot, (AKA The Gretest Raid of All,) and Thermopylae spring to mind.

And here's an amusing thought: If humanity wanted an ad hoc cyber-weapon, just sic 4chan loose on the extra net and say "Have Fun."
>>
>>33512322
>And here's an amusing thought: If humanity wanted an ad hoc cyber-weapon, just sic 4chan loose on the extra net and say "Have Fun."
You're like 15, right? Right? Please reassure me of this.
>>
>>33512327
I think he's talking about the pure amount of cancer unleashed on the unsuspecting xenos not "ANONYMOUS UBER HAX0R ABILTI"
>>
>>33512338
That's literally just as dumb.
>>
>>33512338
What this guy said.

It'd be especially hilarious against the Asari, seeings as they're an e-democracy.
Can you imagine what'd happen if /pol/ decided to try and troll them?
>>
>>33511081
Humanity got fast tracked onto the galactic stage because, through a cosmic coincidence, asari had found the perfect species to fuck.

They wanted the D. And the V too, I guess.
>>
The other point regarding the arrival of new species in the Council is that from what we've seen of the process historically, most species that arrive in battle like humans did worked out poorly for the rest of the galaxy, like the Rachni.

The fact that humans worked out pretty well was probably more reassuring to the Council races than anything.
>>
>>33512353
Why would you assume the Asari do not have their own 4chan, /pol/ equivalent?

Why would you assume that these societies are not of equivalent depth and complexity as human societies?

Just because the Bioware writers are bad doesn't mean your imagination has to be.
>>
>>33512348
I said "ad hoc cyber weapon."
I never said it'd be a GOOD one.
>>
>>33512322

>And here's an amusing thought: If humanity wanted an ad hoc cyber-weapon, just sic 4chan loose on the extra net and say "Have Fun."

'Cos a bunch of teenage humans are going to be able to do anything against the guys who developed FTL communications based on quantum entanglement, amirite?

Even if that was tried, the response would be to turn pre-school age Salarians loose on the human intrusion, then sit back and laugh as the Hawkings-level genius frogs owned the humans' shit seven ways from Sunday.

Humanity is not particularly good at anything in the ME universe. It just got really lucky a bunch of times and earned respect from other races for being a bunch of psychopathic flailing murderhobos who wouldn't let go of that whole Saren thing.

It's not exactly 40K humanity, Star Wars humanity, or even Revelation Space humanity.
>>
>>33512361

>I have an idea!
>Your idea is stupid.
>I never said it was a GOOD idea!
>>
what do you /tg/ guy think about Mass effect universe anyway ?
i think it a little bland and way overrated
>>
>>33512322
If humanity wanted an ad hoc cyber-weapon, just sic 4chan loose on the extra net and say "Have Fun."
Just get the word out that there's a free to play MMO launching, watch as the full might of Brazil is unleashed.
>>
>>33512390
I think it for being a major space opera franchise which doesn't really exist in any other form, but yeah, generally the games are at best bland as is the story.
>>
>>33512359
For teh lulz.

I'm aware that realistically speaking there would be.

In the unlikely hypothetical scenario that the Asari DIDN'T have their own version of /pol/ or 4chan due to {insert xeno-cultural reason here} and (BIG assumption here) /pol/ could actually somehow manage to be subtle for the time required (not happening, I know) the outcome would probably be pretty funny.
>>
>>33512390
Clever, but unrealistic.

More expansively, I think it has a lot of interesting takes on classic sci-fi tropes, but deliberately stopped short of truly blazing new trails. Bioware could have gone much weirder if they wanted to. More realistic, too. They chose not to, and I can respect that.
>>
>>33512403
whoops
forgot my memearrows
>>
>>33512359
Does Asari /pol/ bitch about Purebloods, or lament asari decadence and fondlty remember the days when they ruled the galaxy alone?

I remember a thread about TTRPGs in ME.
>krogan is best player
>turian DM too brutal, but uses stuff from turian mythology
>Jesus, I didn't even know asari could GET fat
>>
File: costatic.gif (216KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
costatic.gif
216KB, 180x180px
>>33512417
>using realism as a gradient of quality over internal consistency
>2014

To be fair, ME's internal consistency was a negative exponential curve.
>>
>>33512452
It's probably fucking terrible, I imagine there's a big pureblood section but also an individual nationalist movement for each type of asari/parent crossbreed who all believe they are the master race.
>>
>>33512452
>Krogan only plays little human girl characters
>Salarian min-maxer
>>
>>33512452
Maybe the asari version of /pol/ are all social justice warriors, except with the creepy pol hivemibd instead of the tumblr snowflake collection?
>>
>>33512501
Nah they'll have both, just like we do.
>mfw in the Mass Effect universe there will be humans who identify as asarigender or krogender and not understand how offensive this is
Fuck ME, let's just do an ME-universe slice of life game.
>>
>>33512452
More than one occasion I've toyed with the idea of writefagging something like a Human GM introducing some aliens to RPing.
Never got too far just because of one problem:
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make it work.

That said, if the thread was archived, link so I can go and laugh at lulz (if there were any?)
>>
>>33512519
Try searching foolz for asari hambeast.
>>
>>33512514
Sounds interesting.
>>
>>33512519
Man they have MMOs, they totally have roleplaying already.
>>
>>33512455

I didn't say anything about quality or consistency. I said they deliberately didn't make it as weird or inventive or hard as they could have. That's all.

For what it's worth, I think consistency is very important. I also haven't played Galaxy, 3, or the iPad games, read the later books, read the comics, or done any of the forum roleplay. I can't comment on something in which I have no participation.
>>
>>33512542
What field?
>>
>>33512514
Voyager kind of did an episode on that subject.

The EMH made a holographic family, then Belana decided to be an asshole and spice it up with unnecessary drama and sadness.

The EMH's holo-son turned into a rebellious punk who identified as Klingon and wanted to run away from home to go be a Klingon Warrior with his two punk-ass Klingon friends.
>>
>>33512561
Who's to say it wasn't made by Blizzard to exploit new markets?
That's the headcanon I was working under for the scenario I mentioned I'd toyed with.
>>
>>33512582
That's hilarious.
>>
>>33512582
So... he was a space weaboo?
>>
File: PC Logic - Gonna fuck you up.jpg (53KB, 614x768px) Image search: [Google]
PC Logic - Gonna fuck you up.jpg
53KB, 614x768px
>>33512210
Essentially, humanity is a PC at heart.
>>
>>33512609
A holographic space weeaboo, all obsessed with honor and shit.
>>
>>33508865
Nice try, Saren
>>
File: 1405229027767.jpg (42KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
1405229027767.jpg
42KB, 600x429px
>>33512542
>>33512567
seconding this, you made me curious
>>
>>33512582
>then Belana decided to be an asshole and spice it up with unnecessary drama and sadness.
To be fair, that's because The Doctor wanted to know what it was like to have a real family, but he'd made them to be absolutely 100% perfect. Don't get me wrong, she went overboard with how shitty she made the changes to their personalities, but I wouldn't call them "unnecessary".
>>
>>33511081
No, the Krogans had been such a threat that they had to be spayed and neutered. The Turians fought them tooth and nail, but had their population not be cut down the whole council might have been in trouble.
>>
>>33513146

The Turians slapped the everloving fuck out of the Krogans.

The Genophage was just to ensure they'd never cause a problem like that in the future.
>>
>>33509028
FemShep is only shep in my opinion.
>>
>>33509286

It's a one shot Thanix cannon attached to an engine. You gotta remember that the cutscene fights have exactly zero relation to how to codex said space fights in the ME universe actually go down.

With thanix missiles the way it would actually go down is two lines of ships light-seconds/minutes apart firing waves of missiles that accelerate and then save some delta-v for terminal manoeuvres to escape Anti-missile fire and angle for a better shot. This would be backed up by mass impactors that are probably mostly used to corral the other fleet and lasers/projected energy weapons for if the fight comes to "close" (meaning tens of thousands of kilometres instead of hundreds of thousands to millions).

For more on this style of space warfare try reading the Honor Harrington books (but only like first five or so, the rest are not great).
>>
>>33507956
>Humans
>Smarter Krogan
The Krogan lay clutches of up to 1000 eggs, weigh a literal ton fully armored, have redundant organs out the ass, and have primitive regenerative abilities. What the fuck you on about son
>>
>>33513887
femshep is a form of pandering to the lowest common denominator, just like gay shep. You are the SJW cancer that is killing gaming.
>>
>All this arguing about nukes and dreadnought main guns
Guise, why don't we just shoot nukes from the dreadnoughts?
>>
>>33508692
Dude, you're stupid. Kinetic barriers and GARDIAN stops pretty much everything missile related. If a ship has its barriers AND GARDIAN lasers down, THEN a nuke could damage it (no idea how that would work in space though, given the lack of air and the several layers of highly ablative incredibly stronk armor plating), but even then, why the fuck would you waste precious time maneuvering into range for missile use to launch something that MIGHT damage your opponents when you could just shoot them with your main gun for another second or two for a guaranteed, practically inescapable kill.
>>
>>33513887
preach
>>
>>33514742
No she isnt. The LOWEST denominator wouldn't play femshep, because what's a dumb girl doing in their shooter?

Femshep's interesting as a character because shep in general is so generic; her being female and this barely affecting anything at all adds some interesting stuff to the character; its FUNNY to see femshep, say, in a fancy dress, but still sitting like a dude.

Jennifer Hale's also does a way better job as a VA.

In general, any gender of shep's so bland of a character that the tiny touches of personality REALLY stand out, especially the stuff from Citadel. The I should Go thing, the "dancing," the model ships, the fish.
>>
>>33515252
Look, I agree that its irritating that a bunch of teenage SJW fans complained enough on the internet to make bioware add a gay option, but my issue with that is the suspicion that once those people got their gay option, they never actually played the game, and just moved on to the next cause. I hope the actual gay mass effect players enjoyed their new romantic options, and see no point in further complaining about it. I'll save my ire for ACTUAL problems, thank you.
>>
>>33515328
I enjoyed it a ton man, that and the female options were everything I wanted. I mean girls are nice but boys are better. God I always romanced Garrus, sexiest goddamn thing ever made. I won't lie I've masturbated to both female and male members of that race.
>>
>>33507335
>Those pink jumpsuits

man Slapping Wrex in one of those things was the best part of that game.

shame the series went to shit. i cant even mention it on /v/ without getting called a shil.
>>
>>33514742

I'm a racist misogynistic white supremacist and I played ME only with a FemShep and bought ME2 just to continue her story.
>>
Before I got to the ending, I thought ME3 was a great game. If you ignore the last... 20 to 30 minutes it's pretty good.
And the extending endings made it a lot better. I mean, it's still not GOOD, but the endings are better.
>>
>>33516146
Same way for me. I mean, it wasn't perfect, it had legitimate problems-

It's a running theme with all Bioware games. Their endings suck ass. But god if ME3's ending wasn't the most fucking terrible slap in the face
>>
>>33515501
Ditto. I played through the games as a straight FemShep and gay MaleShep, and enjoyed the latter considerably more even though both romanced (or tried to) only Garrus.
>>
>>33513568
not really. the krogan were fucking them pretty badly. they NEEDED the genophage to win
>>
File: image.jpg (311KB, 802x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
311KB, 802x1000px
>tfw you will never smoosh ice cream against your turian bf's face and send him into anaphylactic shock
>>
>>33516796

Codex entries and the SPECTRE records from the Citadel DLC indicate the Turians had the Krogans on the ropes and the Genophage was going to be used to threaten them into behaving in the future.

The Turians told the Salarians to shove their leverage up their cloacas and deployed the Genophage any way to make sure the Krogan stayed down.

The war was effectively won before the Genophage was used. It wasn't necessary for the Turians to emerge victorious, and may or may not have been necessary to prevent another round of Krogan rebellions, hence Mordin beating himself up over his involvement in the whole thing.
>>
File: QEhZN52.png (300KB, 450x398px) Image search: [Google]
QEhZN52.png
300KB, 450x398px
>>33516146
I felt much the same way. There were plenty of points earlier on in the game that really stuck with me (the shooting contest with Garrus on the Citadel and Mordin's sacrifice on Tuchanka), though there were also some other stuff that rather irked me (dead kid nightmares and Cerberus suddenly having a private army that can be anywhere they want at any time).
Thread posts: 226
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.