[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where did it go?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: itorrents.org.png (61KB, 826x705px) Image search: [Google]
itorrents.org.png
61KB, 826x705px
It was working last week! No news I can find.

Can anyone provide torrent caching services that are mature enough or more importantly have big repositories?
>>
What's the point of this? Just make a magnet from the hash; if there's seeders you'll get the torrent and if there isn't, the hash is useless anyway.
>>
>>775529
This skips the long wait from DHT for rare content.
>>
>>775531
The DHT wait for metadata is not any longer than the wait for seeds. Once you have any peers you have the metadata too. Getting the metadata faster does not save any time whatsoever.

With the cache you'll just see those torrents faster that are already dead anyway. What's the point?
>>
>>775533
Tripple dubs checked.

I see your point. However, I have had cases in the past when searching for rare content where I had the hash and no peers uploaded.

Once I went out to services like itorrent and got a full .torrent file, I had peers and began downloading. Why did it make a difference? No idea. When it comes to rare content, it's a very simple thing to try, diagnostically.
>>
>>775537
I suppose there could be rare edge cases of a torrent only having clients that don't support metadata transmission or it's broken.
>>
>>775539
I see how this can make a real difference.

A torrent file might include tracker info, which gives a concrete address of where to ask for peers.

A magnet on the other hand, will have to be assembled into a torrent by "luck", by reaching out across peers you have connected to, and asking "Do you happen to have a torrent with this hash?".

Sure, the reach when looking up a magnet can be quite large ("friends of friends of friends..."). And sure, some torrents don't have tracker info, so you will have to find peers "magnet style" anyway.

But I see how having the torrent can make a real difference, particularly for rare content indexed by uncommon trackers.
>>
>>775723
Magnets can, and usually do, include lists of trackers, so that point is irrelevant. And the torrent downloaded by itorrents cannot possible infer which trackers the torrent belongs to, and so it won't have more trackers than the magnet except for randomly added trackers that you could also easily add to the magnet download. Like the usual suspects of open trackers.

Trackers are a problem that's the same for magnets and torrent files, and not in any way an advantage for either of them.
>>
Fuck i relied on this too. It made the downloads almost immediately.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.