[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

20 FUCKING YEARS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 424
Thread images: 92

FUCKING
YEARS
>>
File: 1413677856173.gif (977KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1413677856173.gif
977KB, 500x375px
Here's looking to another 20!
>>
A reminder there will never be a better league arc than the Silver Conference.
>>
>>4533
Never forget
>>
File: 1490982782495.png (3MB, 4000x923px) Image search: [Google]
1490982782495.png
3MB, 4000x923px
twenty fucking years
>>
>>4533
So he's been on his journey twice as long as he's been alive?
>>
>>4533
The Pokemon anime is unironically shit and fags only like it because muh nostalgia.

>inb4 xyz was good

They just need to ditch him and reboot the anime.
>>
>>4536
Well at least he doesn't have a pokemon league to fuck up this time. I hope..
>>
>>4536
That post near the end talking about "the ultimate betrayal of the Pokemon company" is cringe.
>>
>>4540
Anon, I...
>>
>>4536
>/vp/ crossboarders shitpost actually made me wake up early that day to see the chapter
Fuck that furrybait board forever
>>
>>4534
threadly reminder that memes aside, gary was a shitty trainer

>top 32 in the kanto league, while ash was top 16
>top 16 in the johto league, while ash was top 8
>his super fast arcanine lost in a race against ash's super slow bayleef
>>
File: 1471531969892.jpg (374KB, 800x1393px) Image search: [Google]
1471531969892.jpg
374KB, 800x1393px
>>4536
>People being this emotionally invested in the fucking Pokemon anime of all things
Pathetic.
>>
>>4540
In the games after beating the 4th kahuna, professor Kukui decides to create the first ever Alola league
the same might happen in the anime
>>
>>4545
Memeing aside, why are people still invested in this? It should've been clear on the Johto seasons that this series was going to go nowhere.

Ignoring the obviously superior manga adaption, the anime is nothing but product placement in disguise of a SOL in disguise of a "adventure" anime.
>>
>>4546
and Ash will be the first one to lose in it
>>
I'm still booty blasted over him not winning the league with his super ASH FROG
>>
File: 1489293146137.png (402KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489293146137.png
402KB, 720x720px
>>4541
>cringe
>>
File: 1471518448080.jpg (37KB, 815x608px) Image search: [Google]
1471518448080.jpg
37KB, 815x608px
>>4536
Honestly the best week on 4chan in forever
Holy shit that morning was amazing, watching that live stream, the exact second Greninja falls and the entire board just got destroyed, that one "pre-celebratory" thread.
Honestly just a great time all around, absolutely completely ruined all actual discussion on the show for the next couple of months, but eh, was worth it.
>>
>>4550
I don't understand this post. Please explain.
>>
>>4547
They should have gone with a Time Bokan format and introducing a new protag each season but keeping TR since they are the best part of the anime.
>>
File: luxrayfaint.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
luxrayfaint.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>4547
the battles are entertaining and people enjoy seeing their favorite pokemon animated
>>
Everything past Johto league is worthless.
>>
>>4551
Agreed. staying up late to see it streamed live and the whole goddamn board imploding, and the threads bleeding over to /a/. Good times.
>>
>>4554
why didn't he just fucking dodge
>>
>>4555
Here's the power ranking of the anime seasons

Sinnoh>Kalos>OG>Hoenn>>>>shit>Johto>>>>>>Unova

Which is funny because it's the opposite of the games asides from Platinum
>>
File: ashjawdrop.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ashjawdrop.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
>>4546
>Ash actually is the first to beat the Alola League
>has to battle a challenger right afterwards like you do in the games and loses the title instantly
>>
Reminder:

Appearances/Design:
Dawn > May > Mallow > Serena (short-hair) > Lyra > Misty > Serena (long-hair) > Lana > Iris

VAs:
Iris > Dawn > Mallow > Lyra > Misty > Lillie > Lana > Serena > May

Fanbases:
Dawn > Mallow > Lana > May > Lillie > Iris > Misty > Serena
>>
>>4554
There's a reason why neckbeard autists who fap to lolis and/or watch Dragon Ball refuse to discuss pokemon in /a/: Pokemon is a serious contender for worst anime of all time. I've been to your general in /vp/ and found that most of the people who like it are both ardent porkyman fans and the very definition of sunk cost fallacy.

And also, some of the most autistic people ever, being so dedicated to achildren's cartoon/commercial ad to a level only poneyfags are.
>>
>>4558

OS > Johto > shit > everything else

and Johto was pretty shit already
>>
What's even the point in having him lose? Wouldn't they sell even more merchandise if they main character won and not some seasonal antagonist? Just doesn't really make sense.
>>
>>4561
Pretty much
>>
File: 1331166170076.jpg (43KB, 300x311px) Image search: [Google]
1331166170076.jpg
43KB, 300x311px
>>4552
Of course you don't.
>>
>>4563
Given how in Japan the fanbase is mostly composed of kids, I presume at least one of the reasons is to teach kids that winning isn't everything and that it's okay to lose as long as you do your best.
>>
>>4554
You can say that about any anime although. Battles really haven't been all too great after Johto.

If you ran a gym leader marathon, you'd see a huge difference in quality once Ash transfers into Hoenn.
>>
>>4563
Because the producers are retarded. The director of XY talked about how the producers hate change.
>>
>>4563
>>4566
Yeah there was some bullshit about the fag who beat Ash commenting on how he was jeleous of Ash's friends or something
>>
>>4567
yes, hoenn is when gym battles got good
>>
>>4558
Sinnoh kinda sucked though aside from the league stuff
OS=Kalos>Sinnoh>Hoenn>Johto>Unova
>>
>>4559
>Ash
>beat
>league
I'm frankly amazed, I thought everyone had understood that Ash won't shit in another 20 years, and that most of us will die before this cartoon ends.
>>
>>4566
>>4568
Losing every goddamn time for 20 years? Just how retarded are we talking? I don't even watch this shit by the way, or even play pokemon, it just doesn't add up.
>>
>>4571
>>4558

>Kalos that high

XY was absolute dogshit. Its only redeeming quality was being better than BW.
>>
>>4572
*Ash won't win shit
>>
>>4563
Pokemon is a children's show.
"Try your best" and "It's okay to lose" are pretty typical lessons to teach children.

They're not writing this as if it has some sprawling mythos and fans who have been watching for 20 years with heavy investment into Ash/Pikachu.

It's a 20 minute toy commercial with a feel good moral at the end. Literally no different than transformers or GI Joe
>>
File: Mad.png (197KB, 1256x403px) Image search: [Google]
Mad.png
197KB, 1256x403px
>>4536
>>
>>4573
Very retarded.
After Ash lost the kalos league, the writers, seiyuus, animators, etc twitted about how disappointed they were that Ash had to lose again

they just want Ash to win at least once, even the director of XY tried to make Ash look as competent as possible before making him lose
the producers just don't know what people want nor care about what the anime's staff want either
>>
>>4572
>Ash won't shit in another 20 years
When's the last time he's gone to the bathroom in an episode again?
>>
>>4576
Yeah, I get that. Still doesn't explain why the main character loses every single fucking time. "Main character wins big fight" isn't exactly sprawling mythos or at all out of place in a 20 minute toy commercial.
>>
>>4573
Remember that each generation a new batch of kids watch the show, so presumably most of each generation's fanbase never watched the previous seasons and are unaware of Ash's reputation for losing.
>>
>>4566
>>4576
There's a difference between "winning isn't everything, children; it's ok to lose sometimes as long as you keep doing your best" and "this fucker has spent 20 years losing over and over again, not winning ever, and it will be the same until this series ends, or the franchise dies, or the world breaks in half, whatever happens the first".
>>
>>4572
The way the Alola league is set up in the games means beating the elite 4 isn't enough to be established as the champion, as you have to beat the next challenger first. It's the perfect way for them to say Ash technically got further than Kalos, while still meaning Ash loses the league in practice.

Basically, Ash would get cucked out of being the champion in the same way that Gary is in the games.
>>
>>4578
One guy tweeted about it. Stop making shit up.
>>
File: 1396173524656.png (11KB, 157x151px) Image search: [Google]
1396173524656.png
11KB, 157x151px
>>4536
i gave up on pokemon altogether with that episode. I was looking forward to the new version and the new series but after that I decided to stop purchasing pokemon stuff.

Making Ash winning just once wouldn't hurt the anime, and having the next season to not have a league was enough reason to at least give Ash a victory and then take a break but now, they threw salt to injury with losing and never have to face a league ever again
>>
>>4580
>>4582
>this fucker has spent 20 years losing over and over again
Stop thinking about it like that.

The Pokemon show isn't a 20 year saga. Ash is still 10 years old despite all the time that's passed, despite celebrating fucking birthdays
Ash has not been a Pokemon trainer for 20 years. Get that out of your head
>>
File: fatchu.png (190KB, 524x380px) Image search: [Google]
fatchu.png
190KB, 524x380px
I miss this
>>
>>4533
>>>/vp/
>>
>>4581
I still makes no sense.
>>
>>4585
Aloha is a very mixed bag for a game. So you potentially didn't miss much
>>
honestly if they just gave us varied protagonists instead of solely companions, Ash's infamous legacy wouldn't be so bad though we'd probably be memeing about how no kids ever win the leagues that matter instead

instead Ash has somehow done every single one of these leagues in under a year's worth of time and every Game league is lost because Ash can't ever really catch a break. Even the writers and animators are getting sick of it.
>>
>>4536
wow who cares? pokemon sucks balls now anyway.
>>
>>4586
Yeah no I get that, you don't need to keep on repeating the whole "pokemon is just to sell merchandise to kids". None of that, none of it all, makes any sense as to why he hasn't won a single fight. Even Goku eventually won the martial arts tournament, even if it did take years and several re-tries.
>>
File: Orange-League-Champion.png (262KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Orange-League-Champion.png
262KB, 400x300px
>>4593
>he hasn't won a single fight
Except he has?
>>
>>4590
i am getting mixed feelings, some say is fun some others say is a dissapointment. But Im not touching a pokemon game anymore. Call it ridiculous but that episode scarred me for life. Been watching it since Kanto so in a personal point of view, it broke me
>>
File: sandshrew gimp.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sandshrew gimp.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>>4587

Newfags don't appreciate the classics.

Even OS wasn't particularly good, yet this filler episode had more underlying moral substance than the entirety of XY.
>>
>>4594
there's also the battle frontier
>>
File: Ash_vs_Roxanne.png (443KB, 620x468px) Image search: [Google]
Ash_vs_Roxanne.png
443KB, 620x468px
>>4570
>Ash using elemental advantage to it's correct form in Johto gym battles along with battles being cinematic as fuck
>Flip to Hoenn where Ash goes full retard and spams an ineffective Pound of Roxanne's Nosepass

I don't understand the goodness in your eyes, but okay.
>>
>>4594
I meant league.
>>
>>4595
Wow you're weak
>>
>>4599
Orange league doesn't count?
>>
Ash is going to lose his next league to Pikachu, then spend 20 years as a gay prosecute trying to pay back all his debts.
>>
>>4573
>>4580
It's not like he doesn't progress every time though so.

To be honest, I can't see why people dislike it, it makes way way way more sense than shit like Aikatsu where the MC goes from knowing LITERALLY NOTHING about idols at all to passing an exam to a top idol school in less than a year, and then becomes basically the top idol in Japan in a school year.

Also not only that but Ash is also just a kid. He's fucking ten. Alan is like 16, Tobias looked at least in his teens if not older, Cameron was older, if you ask me Ash does way fucking better than he should.

>>4593
And to have him win would put the entire series in retard directions by now, where it wouldn't even work. Dragonball had to introduce aliens after Goku won the tournament, if you forgot, and look where it is now. They're fighting for the multiverse of multiverses or some shit. At least Pokemon is way relatively down to earth compared to where it started.
>>
File: 7352409.jpg (305KB, 1097x720px) Image search: [Google]
7352409.jpg
305KB, 1097x720px
>>4533
>Pokemon now supports interracial homo erotic relationships
The world really has changed.
>>
>>4583
Yes, and the leagues in the games are set up in a way you immediately face the elite four after you collect the gym badges. So don't get your hopes high, Ash will lose at another league tournament before fucking off to another region, except this time this tournament will be the inaugural one in Alola. Hell, I can imagine the exchange already:
>"Hey, Satoshi, Alola is going to have the first league ever. Wanna get into it?"
>Yeah, sure! With my friends and my Pikachu at my side, we will win the a Alola League and get closer to my dream of becoming a Master!"
>"Pika!"
>*fast forward a dozen o so episodes*
>"SATOSHI FROM MASARA TOWN HAS LOST"
>cue >>4536
>>
>>4594
>the only non canon league
>>4597
at least he was offered a title greater than being a champion pokemon but he refused and nobody else will care if he took it

>>4596
the classics had a very japanese humor and was very anime-ish, now is more generic, not sure if im making myself clear

>>4600
not weak, just dissapointed, I invested many years into this series i have no reason to support it anymore
>>
>>4602
PROSTITUTE, FUCK. I'M A FUCKING MORON.
>>
>>4595
You have autism.
It's a children's TV show, I've watched everything since Kanto and couldn't care less if Ash wins or loses, the only important thing is that keeps going on adventures each week.
>>
>>4600
20 years mate, I dropped the anime in Diamond & Pearl and even I was mad at Ash losing the final.
>>
>>4593
The thing is that Goku always lost to legitimate circumstances of more powerful or experienced opponents, and when he finally did get his victories, they were also incidentally involved with saving the world so he had no choice but to go all out.

Ash is just battling for the sake of battling, and is fucked over less by better trainers and more poor writing. He's had a couple league losses that are legitimate battles, the rest are shit like Charizard refusing to fight, to the infamous Tobias legendary beatdown that existed solely to kick Ash's face in and deny him any idea of victory.

Ash-Greninja's loss being entirely contrived due to standing still to get KOed by an attack he's resistant to, after Charizard / Mega Charizard X took so many fucking heavy hits across two fights and just shrugged them off with plot armor, followed by Ash getting kicked out of his protagonist role so that Alain and fucking Eureka could save the day and stop the bad guy, just stands as a raw testament to how blatant it's gotten that Ash is just a viewpoint character and will never be allowed true progression.
>>
>>4608
so did I but that episode build so much hype i don't think I ever experienced something so exciting, at least DP it was unfair because they were legendary
>>
File: 1485989215138.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1485989215138.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>>4608
>you have autism
>i've watched everything since kanto
L 0 L
>>
File: IMG_0949.png (328KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0949.png
328KB, 800x445px
>>4597
>I have never won a Gold Symbol in Hoenn
>mfw Ash wins all of them

It's bullshit
>>
>>4598
johto battles were probably the worst animated gym battles in the anime (well, maybe the BW ones are worse)
it's when ash started using strategies, yes, but later seasons had ash using strategies with better animation

>Flip to Hoenn where Ash goes full retard and spams an ineffective Pound of Roxanne's Nosepass
treecko used pound on geodude because it didn't know a single grass attack
ash actually had pikachu use super effective iron tail on nosepass
>>
>>4545
by the time that 3rd happened people should have stop caring if ash is gonna win a league
>>
>>4610
>The thing is that Goku always lost to legitimate circumstances of more powerful or experienced opponents
A
FUCKING
TRUCK
>>
>>4544
He wasnt there for the fame but the girls.
>>
>>4614
i think it was bullshit how in Johto he couldn't have at least 50% fully evolved pokemon in his team. When bulbasaur didn't want to evolve it was because he wanted to prove he was strong but the rest couldn't evolve because Ash didn't train them enough
>>
I've never beaten a Pokemon game. How do people actually manage that shit?
>>
>>4608
>you have autism
>I have watched almost 1000 episodes of a mediocre kids show that I don't even like that much
>>
He better get his job
>>
>>4554
>tfw favorite line is porygon
>it will never be in anime form
>>
>>4614
all the seasons had completely garbage animation except XY, and it traded its soul for it. and it was still mostly shit.

johto battles had better writing.
>>
>>4619
What are you talking about? Pokemon games are some of the easiest RPG that exist.
>>
So what would happen if I post a thread reminding /vp/ about this event?
>>
>>4618
his johto team was so awful that he had to bring his kanto pokemon to win his final gym battle and his league matches

heracross never got to fight in a single gym battle even though it was the first pokemon ash caught in johto
>>
>>4624
No, I mean, how do people finish them. They are so ungodly boring that I can't finish them, ever. I always give up or fall asleep.
>>
>>4616
Okay, admittedly it's been well over a decade since I watched DB so I forgot that part, but Tien was still the more skilled of the two.
Which is why Goku combing back to fight him the next tournament is all the more satisfying.
>>
>>4610
>the rest are shit like Charizard refusing to fight
That was pretty legitimate though. Charizard did the exact same shit that he did every single time since he evolved, and only fights if he think's it's a challenge. Him saying fuck you to Ash was hardly a one time thing, it would have been a real asspull for him magically change that one moment instead.

Ash should have either trained Charizard better or used a different pokemon, any thing is better than something that won't even fight.
>>
File: Baby_Reira_141.png (233KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Baby_Reira_141.png
233KB, 1280x720px
>>4536
Well what do you expect from TV Tokyo, they ruined XY(Z) and they ruined Arc-V
>>
>>4619
Pokemon is about as easy and casual as RPGs get, especially the newer ones.
>>
Every season is the same thing, I don't understand how anyone can still enjoy the anime after Johto
>>
>>4603
Because that only works if you literally erase all sense of continuity in the series, and by that I mean all of his past adventures, friends and past Pokemon along with his experience, to justify him losing and losing over and over again, in a way that each series is a reboot of Ash's story (or each two series at most). But instead, Pokemon tries to keep that sense of continuity, as fragile as it is, between series, and thus the series becomes less about how a 10yo child gets ahead with his dream of becoming a Pokemon Master, and more about how a luckless fucker loses consistently before leaving to a new region to lose again ad nauseaum.

And it shouldn't even be like that: if you want to teach the little shits the lesson you're arguing Pokemon wants to (it's ok to lose, keep trying), they could let him win some leagues. He wins one, he loses the next one, maybe he also loses the following one, and then he wins again, and so on...it would even help to make each individual series exciting, as you can't be sure if Ash will win in that one or the next one, instead of him losing being an absolute certainty.
>>
>>4629
Well it's not like it matters now, since Charizard was too powerful to keep once Ash finally did get him to obey, and he got sent off to the cameo box. Same with Greninja.
>>
File: IMG_0831.jpg (18KB, 283x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0831.jpg
18KB, 283x200px
>>4608
>you have autism
>I have watched 1000 episodes of a children's commercial ad and watched the MC lose every single time for the past 20 years
>>
>>4610
Don't forget that he countered the attack earlier in the match. Literally just sliced through it. But he didn't the second time because reasons.
>>
File: Kiawe x Ash Beach.png (316KB, 484x475px) Image search: [Google]
Kiawe x Ash Beach.png
316KB, 484x475px
It doesn't matter now. Ash has a new adventure and a new love.
>>
>>4636
IT'S A FUCKING FROG AND IT DIDN'T FUCKING JUMP
>>
>>4625
OP already did it, with the same wording.

Ironic, as neither /vp/ nor /a/ like to discuss the Pokemon anime and would love to see it discussed in the other board and not in them.
>>
>>4633
That's silly though.
What makes more sense, someone continually getting better and better each time they try, or some weird shit where they win and lose and win and lose? I can't imagine why you'd think it makes more sense to downgrade to losing after he already won, he should continuously get better each season, not worse some seasons.
>>
>>4638
I can theoretically understand that they wanted to make it dramatic by having the two trade super ultra hyper blows and shit, but the very same fight outright was stating (as the audience had known already) that Greninja isn't very durable, and just two hits previously had weakened it significantly.

The fact that they just stood there to take a Blast Burn to the face just makes it all the more baffling as a result. It's a complete disregard of what both Ash and Greninja knew better than anyone else, so Alain could take the win after a dramatic final blow that Charizard - yet again - only kneeled over a bit in pain from.
>>
File: 964636435.jpg (163KB, 1186x1026px) Image search: [Google]
964636435.jpg
163KB, 1186x1026px
>>4545
>>4536
>>4577

The heartbreak is real.

>>4594
>He won the Runner-Up league with the the pokemon he did not throw away.
>>
>>4627
Are you talking about beating the league or catching every pokemon? The former will only take you a few days, so it should be that bad. The latter is only for the most dedicated of masochists as more pokemon are created.
>>
>>4640
Are all the people who still watch Pokemon as retarded as this fag?
>>
>>4640
>I can't imagine why you'd think it makes more sense
Because that's how real sports work, unless you are a fucking genius you never win all you matches and tournaments. And Ash doesn't get better, the little shit forgotalmost everything about battles at the beginning of BW.
>>
File: pokemonmovies_chart.jpg (2MB, 1000x4725px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonmovies_chart.jpg
2MB, 1000x4725px
>>4533
>>
>>4630
Blame Ono and his hard on for 5D
>>
>>4640
Because at this point it isn't Ash getting better, it's varying degrees of losing according to what the staff thinks will be good enough, without having him break the glass ceiling. Ever. Some times he will return to losing in quarter-finals, some semi-finals, maybe he'll get to the final once again at some distant point in the future when nobody remembers or cares about BURASTO BAAN; but him losing was, is, and will be constant. For ever.
>>
>>4643
*shouldn't
>>
>>4633

Up until Best Wishes there was a tinge of continuity and sense of progression.
>>
>>4646
I know this is probably just the opinions of the guide-creator there, but it is kinda funny how the further the series has gotten, the more "Can Be Skipped" appears, whether out of nostalgia for the older films or genuine quality back then compared to the shit today.
>>
A bit soon to say he will never win when there's literally no end in sight and we're probably still in the rising action of the entire series, let alone the climax or conclusion.
>>
File: 8f16f65988b35a4037f5b2d50266204a.jpg (172KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
8f16f65988b35a4037f5b2d50266204a.jpg
172KB, 845x1200px
making ash lose every time is one thing but skipping the best pokegirls is unforgivable. what were they thinking?
>>
>>4652
20 years of repeating standards, open criticism even within the development of the anime itself, and an explicitly obvious and known preference for Ash to never truly win and get a shot at being a Pokemon Master tells us otherwise.

The only time you'd potentially see that is if the anime does so bad or the franchise goes under so hard that they have no choice but to shitcan it, and even then you'd sooner see a cliffhanger or an abrupt cancellation rather than a solid ending.
>>
>>4653
Did you REALLY want them to be in Unova?
>>
>>4653
>Dixie shorts
>Short skirt with spandex
What did GF meme by this?
>>
>>4640
the reason why ash could lose is because
>has a team full of legendaries
>uses a pokemon from region not known therefore who knows how strong it is
>>
>>4652
Oh, there's a chance he actually wins: when his story ends. But that will happen only when the anime ends, and that will happen when the Pokemon franchise dies, and that won't happen because it just is too profitable to die, at least in the foreseeable future. Yes, an asteroid could impact the Earth, or Japan could sink into the ocean, but those aren't things you can expect to happen soon.

Of course, this isn't considering that, in the case The Pokemon Company, Gamefreak and Nintendo go bust, the most probable thing is that the anime will just stop at the middle of the Gen XXVII series, without a conclusion.
>>
>>4651
I made the guide, but honestly - it has to do with the formulas becoming stale and tired. When you have ones that break that mould a little like Zoroark and Lucario, then they look much better in comparison. Otherwise you end up with movies like Victini where you spend like twenty minutes just getting cute scenes of the pixie Pokemon floating around and then making sad faces when something happens.
>>
What I honestly don't get is how winning any League anywhere would instantly vindicate Ash for being some sort of Pokemon Master. It's a fucking tournament, you get a trophy and a label as champion of the region that lasts until next year. It's not like the games where if you Champion a league, you're basically sitting at the social and hierarchical top of the food chain until someone finally beats the Elite Four again and then you. If Ash wins a League, at this point in the anime, he's just beaten either his rival for the region and/or proved he's better than the trainers. The only way he could truly be a Pokemon Master is to basically get some sort of movie or OVA world tour where he goes around and conquers every single League after that.

i mean fuck, Pokemon Master is a senseless title at this point, there is no real thing in either game or anime and the anime rules don't force him to plant his ass anywhere
>>
>>4660
>Pokemon Master is a senseless title at this point
It always was.
The only information about what the fuck it is was given at the end of DP.
>>
>>4646
>my favorite is the ranger movie
>can be skipped
Was it really that bad?
>>
>>4653
I'm not sure if putting them into BW would help the show or if the show would ruin them.
>>
>>4662
Sorry to tell you, but a lot of people consider that to be the worst of the lot.

Even though I think Ash being an underwater super saiyan is the funniest shit ever.
>>
File: 1489086244438.jpg (29KB, 480x411px) Image search: [Google]
1489086244438.jpg
29KB, 480x411px
>>4533
>tfw dubs still not out yet for Sun and moon
>>
>>4665
The dub is awful, even to this day. Despite The Pokemon Company personally handling dubbing duties post-4kids, their actors really aren't that great and even to the end of XYZ at least, they were replacing all sorts of music with much more generic stuff.
>>
File: Pokemon_-_May_by_GENZOMAN.jpg (512KB, 766x992px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_-_May_by_GENZOMAN.jpg
512KB, 766x992px
>>4664
I might like it more because May was/is my favorite and the movie focuses on her a lot.
>>
>>4663

Best Wishes is the best series.
>>
>>4664
I still don't get what was up with the sea king shit. They don't even lose it at the end, Ash and friends are fucking able to fly out of and swim under water with no resistance and no need for air for FUN as if to get a kick out of what they can do before status quo kicks in off-screen.
>>
>>4668
Sorry, but between Ash regressing to retard levels of competence and Dento being an insufferable faggot 95% of the time, I don't have high praise of best wishes. Even though Iris was pretty cute at times, her "you're such a kid" bit got old quickly.
>>
Will the anime ever be as good as it was during Sinnoh again?
>>
>>4659
Where's the updated version of the guide then?
>>
>>4671
Sinnoh was pretty bad tho.
Almost 200 episodes, most of them being boring as fuck and filler shit.
>>
>Ash had no sub-plot like Paul during XYZ, it was nothing but Gym Leaders and winning the League
>Super Duper Special Snowflake Not-Mega Greninja Form
>Commercial dedicated to simply say "LOOK AT HOW FUCKING AWESOME THE SUPER DUPER SPECIAL FROG IS" with the commercial ending with the frog throwing a massive red shuriken that would make Naruto's rasenshuriken proud
>Ash manages to cleanly hit the Champion's Mega Gardevoir, her Ace once before succumbing to the super duper special power because he was inexperienced in using it
>An actually well developed rival that appeared constantly through the anime firstly on some specials then in the TV proper that Ash lost two twice, firstly legitly, and secondly because he was too focused on power so he fucked up himself and the frog for being unable to control the super duper special frog from, and where through all logic of shounen he would win the third time
>Character arc focused only and exclusively on bonding with Greninja and being frustrated at losing which concluding with Ash and Greninja finally mastering the special form
>His strongest regional team ever, everyone but Pikachu being completely fully evolved
>Alola had no league, or at least we thought it didn't have one at the time, meaning it was Ash' last chance to win the league until at least half a decade
>Close to the series' 20th anniversary

There's a reason people were shitting their pants during the Kalos League over the posibility of Ash winning. Even people who weren't watching the anime, who didn't follow it, were paying attention to it this time. Do you think people were saying "Ash is gonna win the league this time" because they like doing it for free? No. They had all the reasons in the world to think there was an actual chance for it to happen, the stars crossed for a victory like fucking never before.
>>
And they STILL made him lose. And the Internet fucking exploded out of sheer butthurt for that. Because for once they actually built him up for winning just to pull the rug under at the last minute. Everyone was SO mad to the point anime staff complained about it on twitter. Animators, writers and even fucking Rica Matsumoto was complaining in twitter about how it was unfair and Ash deserved to finally win after so long. You know something went absolutely wrong when nips go on twitter to complain about their job and the decisions of the higher-ups which is something that takes massive balls to do because you all know how Japanese work culture is and complaining about anything you are ordered too, and publicly at that, is a massive no-no.

Ash lost simply and plainly because one exec came at the last minute and said "lol no he can't win" and that was it.
>>
XY has Alain. When it became apparent he was the hero of his arc without any antagonistic qualities towards Ash, it was obvious Ash would lose.
>>
>>4672
Eh, I'll get around to it. I still gotta update that Godzilla movie chart from a few years back too now that I think about it.
>>
I can't wait for Ash to lose in a region that doesn't have a league.
>>
>>4561
I'd agree, except this most recent season actually has pretty wonderful animation. It's a great example of off model, stretch and squish animation and how character design can translate into expressive motion.
>>
>>4674
>>4675
It's all the more insulting considering Ash gets jobbed not long thereafter by Lysandre, resulting in both his capture and the necessity for everyone and Alain to have to come save him. It's one of those cases where it makes you wonder why they even bother keeping Ash as a protagonist when they not only shit on him so hard but do little to make him interesting anymore.
>>
>>4547
I think it's because some people just never stopped watching.
They kept telling themselves "Okay, this season is kind of decent. It's going great. Surely, this will be the season, right?"

And it wasn't, it never is. I can see being pissed off if you were invested in something that found new ways to spit in your face after 20 years.

Frankly I got pissed off and quit watching when palette-swapped Ash won the Kanto league and promptly fucked off, never to be seen again. Then again, I was 12 when that happened and even then knew that the series had entered a rut that it wouldn't escape from.
>>
>>4681
Ritchie appeared a couple times over the series after that, but usually only as a filler support role.

But then even Ritchie lost that first League to JON DICKSON
>>
The I Choose You movie should get a wideish release, at least on the level of the SAO movie. I bet it would make mad bucks off of nostalgiabait.
>>
>>4680
What saddens me more is that I do not dislike Alan, he was a nice character, he had a goal, motivations, did cool stuff, had a cute companion, etc. My only real complain about him is that it was nothing but Charizard for him and he pulled the rest of his team out of his ass, though Metagross was a nice touch because he became buds with Steven. And now he's forever associated with this and DORAGON KUROU and shitposting of the sort.
>>
I stayed up til 2:30AM to catch the livestream, watching, hoping that Ash would finally achieve greatness, and everyone would be able to relate to this character who's persevered to finally achieve their ultimate goal after so many failures.

and then, in a space of 20 some odd minutes, I watched someone who's given it their all, had everything finally fall into place, assemble what is arguably his strongest team, get a Pokemon with a special snowflake ability, and learn the definition of friendship, fall to this chunni fuck and his Charizard in yet again, another attempt at pandering to Charizard fans.

I threw away all my Pokemon merch, games from my childhood, clothes, accessories, figures, posters, cards, even my most prized possession, custom Pokeballs signed by the VAs, both Japanese and original English dub.

18 years of Pokemon capitulated in one night.

it fucking hurt, and it will always hurt.
>>
File: may grabs ash worry.gif (75KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
may grabs ash worry.gif
75KB, 400x300px
At least we can all agree May was the best, or at least shared Best Girl status with Dawn?

>>4551
I warned them. They didn't want to listen to me.

>>4587
Definitely miss Fatchu.
>>
>>4569
>Alan destroyed 9 mega trainers and an elite 4 without resting
>took on Zygarde's super effective signature move and was fine
>took on Ash's super legendary killing mode Pikachu without mega evolving
>tanked super saiyan Greninja's ultimate never-seen-before move after already being injured by Pikachu to win the League
>saved Ash's Greninja and Talonflame from Lysandre's Mega Gyarados by tanking a super effective Dragon Tail since all of Ash's pokemon kept getting OHKO'd
>cucked Ash out of being the hero by being the one to stop the stone Zygarde
>he and his Charizard is standing strong in the end of it all as champion and surrounded by friends

>but you see, Ash is the real winner because he had friends the whole time
>>
>>4533
He's been 10 for 20 years.
>>
>>4687
I still don't even understand where the scaling cap for Alain and his Mega Charizard X ends. He can fight legendaries, villains and even the protagonist, and the only time his Charizard's truly and honestly faltered are for drama purposes before getting back up and punting someone's ass. It's like the average shonen protagonist kind of thing most people complain about, but in the rival's power.
>>
>>4689
Charizardwank. What other explanation you need?
>>
>>4675
Why can't the 20th movie just be that executive being ripped to shreds by Jurassic Park Velociraptors?
>>
>>4636
He didn't choose to counter it the 2nd time though which made the difference. Countering it meant slamming the water shuriken down and diffusing the explosion underground. In the 2nd time, Ash saw an opening to charge a super shuriken which he then chose to throw as an attack, not use to defend. He got too invested in the move to dodge afterwards like some skill delay and shit.
>>
>>4662
I feel ya.

>Set pieces were nice
>Decent characters
>Great music
>Focus not entirely on Ash

I feel like it has its strong points but is really just laughed at and glossed over due to that stupid ending.
I think it's just an overall enjoyable and comfy movie.
>>
>>4675
>just to pull the rug under at the last minute
At the last second.

FTFY
>>
>>4533

>watch pokemon when i was 10
>mc is the same age as me

>a dozen years later
>mc is still 10
>>
File: 1487427104659.png (459KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487427104659.png
459KB, 1280x720px
>>4533
Sure, Ash choked a lot. But he won the most important one
>>
>>4533
Fuck off back to your containment board where you can discuss the same repetetive garbage for another 20 years.
>>
>>4696
Literally the last few minutes
>>
>>4582
If you haven't grown out of Pokèmon in 20 years, something must have gone terribly wrong with your life. The morale is repeated over and over for new viewers.
>>
>>4533
Congrats. Now bring Porygon back.

>>4545
God seeing Tobias and Cameron actually upset me.
>>
>>4533
Man, I remember streaming the Kanto league with my brother on our old computer. We had no headphones, so each of us put a speaker close to one of our ears, and turned the volume really low. Good times.
I stopped watching around Sinnoh.
>>
>>4700
Tobias was a cockblock but even if Ash lost that he was the only person in all of Sinnoh to knock out the damn Darkrai and then Latios on top of that with just Pikachu was oddly satisfying. Ash may have lost, but he lost while proving everyone and their mom that he was super duper good. Plus, Sinnoh's real character arc was all the Paul stuff and that had a satisfying pay-off so it was not all that bad.

Cameron doesn't exist. We don't talk about non-existent things here.
>>
>>4696
Isn't she taller than Ash?
>>
>>4703
Girls usually are taller than boys during childhood.
>>
File: 1470725759338.jpg (74KB, 661x729px) Image search: [Google]
1470725759338.jpg
74KB, 661x729px
It's still the exact same show when I dropped it 16 years ago, kid me was right.
>>
>>4703
She's leaning forward to make up the difference the escalator is creating.
>>
>>4704
So, she only needs to stand normaly to kiss him, which means it was a forehead kiss, or in this case a hat kiss.
>>
File: 1471347696018.png (378KB, 693x1150px) Image search: [Google]
1471347696018.png
378KB, 693x1150px
>not reading the supeiror pokeman adaptation
>>
>>4679
Yeah, fuck you. I decided to give it a go since you vp fags keep saying this. If you really think those count as wonderful, you need to watch more anime. Also, it sure isn't worth it to sit through 100+ episodes of mediocre story and characters for a few good scenes of animation.
>>
>>4637
cute!
>>
File: kawaii.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kawaii.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>tfw only ever watched the anime for Team Rocket and occasionally an episode where a personal favourite pokemon shows up
>Sun and Moon is shit tier but Team Rocket are probably the best they've been in years

Every moment of Sun and Moon where Team Rocket isn't on screen being idiots is a fucking drag to watch moreso than other season. The protagonist characters are, at best, the most relentlessly boring they've ever been, or at worst, the most irritating. Kiawe is alright though.
>>
File: Ash_with_his_Pokémon.jpg (361KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ash_with_his_Pokémon.jpg
361KB, 1280x720px
>you will never be this happy surrounded by your team across the generations
;_;
>>
>>4533
20 years and... This character does not evolve..
>>
>>4713
Soft reboots every 3 years.
>>
>>4711
Hey, fuck you. That episode with the starters was adorable as fuck.
>>
>>4711
Only Satoshi and Mamane are legit bad in SM.
>>
>>4715
Yeah, you're right. But still, it was an exception.
>>
>>4716
Eh, I stand by what I said. You've got shit like Ash and fatty at the lowest point, and then the 'highest' point you've got the girls, who are all pretty boring being fapbait doesn't count.
>>
File: itamochi e66.jpg (181KB, 625x1089px) Image search: [Google]
itamochi e66.jpg
181KB, 625x1089px
>>4718
>being fapbait doesn't count
May as well discard anime as a whole then.
>>
File: 1h.png (134KB, 464x279px) Image search: [Google]
1h.png
134KB, 464x279px
>>4716
I can live with Ash but fatty nobody needs to fuck off. He isn't even from the same island as the other 3. Literally why is his fatass there? Should've been Hau if they wanted a balanced gender ratio.
>>
>>4533
and the dub is still fucking with the music.
>>
File: 1316977523190.jpg (224KB, 750x574px) Image search: [Google]
1316977523190.jpg
224KB, 750x574px
>>4544
>shitty trainer
>>
>>4696
He probably forget all about it like did with every other girl.
>>
File: duplicaflip.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
duplicaflip.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
>20 years thread on /a/
>expecting fruitful discussion about the anime and its accomplishments
>it's just /padt/ crossboarding spamming the thread with "muh league"

WOW WHAT A SHOCK
>>
>>4561
As a person that shitposts on /vp/ constantly I agree. I love pokemon but they infest that board thinking their anime is anything more than mediocre fanservice. Be glad you didn't see amourshippers
>>
>>4723
Just In case you missed it, Satoshi was stripped from all trace of intelligence, common sense, manner and talent during his trip to Alola.
>>
Stopped watching after XY.

Ash had literally everything going for him the whole arc and they still made him lose in the end to some gary stu.

The animation is pretty good but it still isn't worth wasting time on.
>>
>>4722
also VGCW's best GM
>>
>>4674
>An actually well developed rival
No, not compared to Paul at least.

The latter was introduced from the very beginning and was really well woven into Ash's growth throughout DP.

By the time Ash finally met up with Alan in XY there wasn't enough time for any substantial conflict between them.
>>
>>4705
Brown Pokegirls were a mistake.
I can never watch this shit without wanting to fap now.
>>
>>4730
>now
>>
>>4724
Was that the Ditto trainer? I liked her enough to fap to her, the same with the Charizard Valley girl.

>>4696
This helped clean some of the bad taste that the league left, sadly as soon as that happens of fucking course she leaves forever, but she's so far my most liked pokégirl, above even the likes of Dawn or May. Funny thing is that some people in /vp/ apparently call people pedos for liking these characters when in fact I have fapped to May since I was her age or slightly younger.
How time flies.
>>
File: ookamiuo e4de.jpg (53KB, 800x1039px) Image search: [Google]
ookamiuo e4de.jpg
53KB, 800x1039px
>>4730
>I can never watch this shit without wanting to fap now
But that's the whole point. I have to use both hands to keep by dick in check every time Mao is onscreen.
>>
File: 1336903251973.png (359KB, 452x521px) Image search: [Google]
1336903251973.png
359KB, 452x521px
>>4533
OF
FAPPING
TO
ASH
AND
STILL
GOING
STRONG!
>>
File: tobias.gif (982KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tobias.gif
982KB, 500x281px
>introduce the strongest Pokemon trainer of all time just to get rid of him just after the league is over

After that I realized that you need to be masochist to enjoy this series, not even bleach fans are THIS masochist
>>
>>4560
>long-haired serena below short-haired serena

kys
>>
File: 1470939054193.png (307KB, 815x608px) Image search: [Google]
1470939054193.png
307KB, 815x608px
>>4536
Still mad.
>>
>>4536
I think Ash is the first case of a character that I hated but started piting because of how much unlucky he is.
>>
>>4533
And the writers still troll ash to this very day especially his last league.
>>
File: Fairy rodent.jpg (109KB, 548x712px) Image search: [Google]
Fairy rodent.jpg
109KB, 548x712px
>>4561
Is that a new pasta?
Thanks anon!

>There's a reason why neckbeard autists who fap to lolis and/or watch Dragon Ball refuse to discuss (_) in /a/: (_) is a serious contender for worst anime of all time. I've been to your general and found that most of the people who like it are both ardent (_) fans and the very definition of sunk cost fallacy.

>And also, some of the most autistic people ever, being so dedicated to a children's cartoon/commercial ad to a level only ponyfags are
>>
>>4740
>be /vp/ fag
>can't refute argument but is super pissy
>I'll call it pasta! That'll show him!
>>
>>4702
Tobias got beaten by Cynthia anyway, or by the E4 in Sinnoh. Cynthia showed up again later and was still the Champion, so she either defended her title, or Tobias never reached her.
>>
File: Fel Punch.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
Fel Punch.gif
3MB, 359x202px
>>4741
Idc.
Just thought it had a good potential use as a pasta in general, don't care about your issue with /vp/.

>>4742
Tobias had them just caught, they lacked EV points.
Nah, championship titles don't work that way in the anime.
>>
>>4545
>That time Charizard fucked him
Good times. Fuck Ash.
>>
>>4604
WHAT?!
PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NOT REAL.
>>
>>4536
What I find hilarious and surprising is that the nips got slightly mad too
>>
>>4581
Him being a eternal loser has become a global meme though, both in japan and outside people already see and know him for his eternal failure
>>
>>4640
Are you actually brain damaged?
>>
File: pokemon i choose you.png (2MB, 1519x745px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon i choose you.png
2MB, 1519x745px
This movie will redeem him, r-right?
>>
>>4536
that fucking kenway laugh always gets me
>>
>>4749
Optimistic expectation: The movie will show how the series would be if it had ended when it was suppose to end, with Ash winning the first league.
Pessimistic expectation: Will be just a shitty recap of season 1.

Which one is more likely to be real?
>>
File: alan serena.png (118KB, 646x420px) Image search: [Google]
alan serena.png
118KB, 646x420px
>>
File: 1490579484714.png (321KB, 800x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490579484714.png
321KB, 800x1080px
>>4720
>tfw if Hau isn't the other person Tapu Koko is giving the Z-Ring to he'll just be a CoTD at worst or in a small arc at best,never to be seen again.
>>
>>4751
It's gonna be a retelling of the first cour.
>>
File: samurai-jacks5jpg.jpg (39KB, 760x436px) Image search: [Google]
samurai-jacks5jpg.jpg
39KB, 760x436px
>>4533
And yet, he does not age.
>>
>>4534
I just want to see Gary Oak again. And some Misty and Brock. I really want to see how those characters are doing.
>>
File: 1324932563430.jpg (42KB, 400x372px) Image search: [Google]
1324932563430.jpg
42KB, 400x372px
>>4544
>losing to Ash when it mattered

What the fuck, Gary?
>>
>>4609
Was that the one where they threw in some random overpowered guy with a Darkrai? I was hardly following at the time, but I recall that annoying me
>>
Here's to 20 more years of pokephilia.
>>
>>4726
He had that during the XY season?

He was at his blandest and most uninteresting during that saga.
>>
>>4758
Ash's losses:
>Kanto
Charizard was a dick and cost him the match by literally sleeping in the field. Ash was a newfag, so it was kinda understandable that the lizard wouldn't respect him.
>Johto
They had to shill the new Gen 3, and Blaziken fucked Charizard's shit up. Still a good battle, but it was obviously to shill Hoenn mons.
>Hoenn
Pikachu lost to a Meowth in Boots. Pretty good fight overall, though Screptile was still a Grovyle.
>Sinnoh
Tobias and his Darkrai and Latios. Still impressive, as Ash was the only in the entire league (including the finals) to KO Darkrai, and he even managed to kill Latios too.
>Unova
Ash fought an even bigger retard, who brought 5 mons to a 6v6. His Riolu was his last mon standing, evolved mid-match into Lucario and killed Ash's entire team.
>Kalos
BURASTO BAAN and the biggest bait-n-switch in the ashnime history.
>Alola
Upcoming.
>>
>>4728
rip gabe
>>
>>4751
The latter.

But it seems it won't be even that, and that most, if not all of the movie, will be just a recap of the first episode and a half.
>>
>>4545
>that time with Charizard

would have thrown the pokeball into the ocean.
>>
Pokemon has so much potential. A timeskip with an older Ash set in Kanto could be amazing. Time not passing at all for anyone is getting fucking old. Everything Pokemon up to the first movie is gold though.
>>
>>4536
Ia that catalog screencap from here? Did it get this bad?
>>
File: 59023962_p0.jpg (2MB, 3270x2243px) Image search: [Google]
59023962_p0.jpg
2MB, 3270x2243px
>2017
>Still no Super Mystery Dungeon anime

Why are they making us wait so long?
>>
File: vomiting.jpg (29KB, 704x939px) Image search: [Google]
vomiting.jpg
29KB, 704x939px
posting for epilepsy
>>
>>4766
It's a collage made from /vp/ screencaps during that day. Also, read this:

http://archive.nyafuu.com/vp/thread/27870128
>>
>>4533
I liked when Ash wore a dress and a wig.
>>
>>4633
>past Pokemon
Doesn't he catch and train new pokemon every generation? It'd make sense that he'd lose with new pokemon versus somebody who doesn't keep trading out their pokemon.
>>
I watched the first season almost religiously, but when he finally got to the league I heard a rumor that he was going to lose, like he wasn't even going to reach the finals.

I immediately stopped and never watched again. You can't do that. Imagine watching any anime where after a long and difficult anime they finally make it to the final area, and the MC just says "fuck it", abandons his companions and goes home.
>>
>>4761
>Charizard was a dick and cost him the match by literally sleeping in the field. Ash was a newfag, so it was kinda understandable that the lizard wouldn't respect him.

he saved his fucking life

twice

Ash was crying ffs
>>
>>4769
And with that, I will never hype myself for the Pokemon Anime ever again.
>>
so did ash finally win a league?
>>
>>4775
Orange
>>
SM for me has been more enjoyable than BW and XY. More fun wacky shit and less shounen shit. It feels like the early days of OS Kanto.
>>
>>4549
>He didn't bring Charizard back and have it use Charizardite Y.
>We didn't have charizard vs charizard fight
>We didn't have Ash fucking win something for once.
>>
File: c.png (336KB, 1513x2017px) Image search: [Google]
c.png
336KB, 1513x2017px
>Do not accept training from this man
>>
File: 1400523039614.gif (923KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1400523039614.gif
923KB, 500x283px
>>4777

Did you watch Best Wishes?
>>
>>4780
Yes, and while Cilan was fun, the interractions between Iris and Ash surely weren't. And shit like the Nimbasa Gym disaster doesn't help either.
>>
>>4773
Sucks Ash couldn't use Pidgeotto instead because the plot made it exhausted beforehand towing the balloon.
Pidgeotto basically never got to do anything
>>
>>4541
I remember that one, it was like 50 posts of EVERYONE telling the OP to kill himself and then the thread getting deleted.
>>
File: 1367063390404.gif (204KB, 404x416px) Image search: [Google]
1367063390404.gif
204KB, 404x416px
>>4761
>Ash fought an even bigger retard, who brought 5 mons to a 6v6
>His Riolu was his last mon standing, evolved mid-match into Lucario and killed Ash's entire team
>>
>>4779

He found success in VGCW becoming a casual champ. he evolved into red right after winning it though
>>
>>4726

No he wasn't. Look at the episode when he was training with Rockruff or when he was fighting Kahuna Hala. Just because you hate the artstyle does not mean they downgraded Ash.
>>
>>4787
Except during a couple of battles, SM Satoshi acts like an unwashed, loud, braindead moron you wouldn't touch with a 20 feet long pole.
>>
>>4547
There was a manga?
>>
>>4786
Jpçy djoy
>>
>>4536
This or the Silver conference finals were the best point to end the show

>both times Ash has a great team deserving of winning and being a believable champion's team
>both times the tournament features some great fights and you really feel like this is gonna be it
>both times there are qt girls lusting after ash's dick if they want to add another emotional angle for a finale
>>
Why did they wait 20 years to give Ash a girlfriend?
>>
>>4788

As opposed to being an uncreative, same-move spamming gary stu in XY? Sure he had crazy motives like jumping off a building to save his Pikachu or going through a barrage of attacks to deliver a damn stick to a Panda but most of his battles got uninteresting and he would pull off bullshit rather than strategy.
>>
>>4793
>gary stu
Opinion discarded. Go shitpost on the anime thread in /vp/.
>>
>>4761
>>Alola
>Upcoming.
Why did you feel the need to put this
>>
>>4793
I'm not going to defend XY Satoshi for being a bland, boring gary stu but SM Satoshi is by no mean the solution, it's the other extreme.
>>
>>4664
That goes for the Lugia movie too, though. It's the biggest "nostalgia only" movie in the entire series.

The Celebi one frequently pops up on worst movie lists too.
>>
>>4674
There's also the fact that this was the only time we didn't already know long in advance he was going to lose because the episode titles of upcoming episodes spelled it out. This was the finals. The league was going to end after these episodes no matter who won. It's the only time the result wasn't known.
>>
>>4798
The difference between Tobias and Alan was that while Ash lost to both, the former felt like an achievement; with Ash managing to beat two legendaries with his B-team. While Alan was just a terrible cop-out and a gigantic ballbust.
>>
>>4794

How about suck my dick. He's a fucking Gary Stu who BARELY made any expression accompanied by the same "IKEEEEEEE GEKKOUGA" stock footage. Even Bonnie was way more of an interesting character and had way more relevance than him.
>>
>>4799
It's also the fact that the Tobias one was called "Sinnoh League Semifinals! Enter Darkrai!!" and the next episode was called "Pokemon Doctor Takeshi", titles we had known for months.

Literally everyone except people willingly refusing to look up the info that was right there knew for a fact he was losing. That's a pretty big difference.
>>
>>4536
>Messi edit
DELET
>>
>>4798
>>4799
>>4801
>KALOS LEAGUE VICTORY
I get mad just from remembering it.
>>
The ashnime is shit. Just adapt the manga or some other thing
>>
>>4804
>ashnime
>adapt edgeventures
Really?
>>
>>4684
>walk in league
>rent 4 evmaxed edgemons
>win
>give away 4 evmaxed edgemons
>send metagross back to Steven
>proceed to fight with his zard only when every single mon counts

They went extra mile and then some to shit on Ash.
>>
>>4805
So do you actually like this shit?
>>
>>4533
Reminder that Serena is officially the most memorable Pokegirl according to the 20th anniversary special.
Literally a legendary heroine.
>>
>>4807
SM hasn't been very impressive, but the rest of it is comfy.
>>
>>4684
Not like the rest of his team did too much besides that damn Bisharp.

T-Tar and Metagross both got wrecked by a Pikachu.
>>
>>4754
it's gonna be a retelling of the first fucking episode with added scenes of Misty and Brock's daily lives before meeting Ash for fanservice
>>
>>4810
Pikachu really pulled out during that fight. When he pulled the "get on the back and spam thunderbolt" tactic I was shitting myself in excitement. And then he went fuck you and thunderbolted that faggot Charizard Ash and made him fucking kneel. I fucking love Ash's Pikachu. He always pulls out good stuff when his max powerlevel is allowed to shine.
>>
>>4811
They've pretty much stated that it's going to be about Ash and Pikachu searching for Ho-oh.

We're getting proper plot details in a week or so.
>>
Post more Misty.
>>
>>4778
Charizard X is way stronger than Charizard Y, it wouldn't even be a fight.
>>
>>4813
>Ash and Pikachu searching for Ho-oh.
Why now? Who gives a shit about Gen II pokemon in 2017
>>
>>4815
It's the anime.
>>
File: 1481243711660.jpg (48KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1481243711660.jpg
48KB, 500x378px
>>4749
I have never been hype for a Pokémon movie before. I can't wait til next year.

Please be good.
>>
>>4722
>makes counterfeit badges
>gets BTFO in the league
>>
>>4749
He could win a league with that.
>>
>>4816
Because it's the 20th anniversary and Ho-oh symbolizes the start of the anime.
>>
>>4786
I hope this kid dies
>>
>>4786
>has a bullshit powerful pseudo that solos half Ash's team until he finally takes it down
>gets the rest of his team assraped because it kinda sucks and he's pretty dumb
>fucking Lucario beats the rest of Ash's team

That episode really made me hate Lucario. It gets its dick sucked even more than fucking Charizard.
>>
>>4813
>"...and then, their adventure begins!"
That most probably refers to the fact that it was literally the start of Ash and Pikachu's adventure overall. You do realize that, right?
>>
File: eha2BDhcoQ5D4qyQIdonBcoOnQi.jpg (22KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
eha2BDhcoQ5D4qyQIdonBcoOnQi.jpg
22KB, 300x169px
>>4810
>a Pikachu
It's not *a* Pikachu. Ash's Pikachu always becomes a fucking war machine at the end of the series.
>>
>>4824
You do realize that Ash getting a Rainbow Wing and swearing to one day meet that Pokemon again is the only stuff in the trailer that's not verbatim from episode 1, right? They added that stuff for a reason.
>>
>>4764
This was so pathetic I think Ash should have jumped into the ocean.
>>
File: 1459653481372.jpg (64KB, 650x440px) Image search: [Google]
1459653481372.jpg
64KB, 650x440px
>>4608
>You have autism.
>I've watched everything since Kanto
>>
>>4684
>I do not dislike Alan
>had a cute companion
A cute companion he didn't give a fuck about and was constantly annoyed by until a complete 180 turn to protecting her smile out of nowhere in the fourth episode of The Strongest Mega Evolution. Why should I care about their relationship again?
>>
File: Manon a cute.jpg (220KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Manon a cute.jpg
220KB, 1280x720px
>>4829
Because it could be pretty fucking adorable at times.
>>
>>4826
>for a reason
Don't forget this is Pokemon and that most of the time, things end up being red herrings, if not just directly dropped.
>>
>>4545
Did Ash seriously lose to a fucking Meowth in Hoenn?
>>
File: A6UWAj9.png (477KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
A6UWAj9.png
477KB, 500x395px
This is still my only favorite moment from Pokemon. A fucking filler.

That 6v6 was amazing, and the battling was actually really smart for that time.
>>
>>4832
Did Ash seriously get that far in the league with a fucking Pikachu?

Game powerlevels don't matter. That Meowth was a baller.
>>
>>4832
A Meowth with a HAT thankyouverymuch.
>>
>>4832
It was that Trainer's Pikachu-tier mon. They had established it pretty well, there was nothing overly bullshit about it.
>>
>>4832
To be fair, the Meowth was really cool. They actually developed it and built him up. It was power of bro Meowth like Pikachu was too.

>>4833
It's even better in the manga. Pikachu gets in the fucking Dragonite's mouth and thunderbolts his insides.
>>
>>4837
That's pretty metal.
I also loved how the dragonite was broken as fuck similar to the gen 1 games. It had 7 or so moves, shit was hilarious.
>>
>>4833
Is Tauros (x30) the only member of Ash's team he has absolutely no developed emotional bond with? It's so fucking weird when he battles with them or when he mentioned them in SM because they barely even know each other, they might as well be strangers.
>>
I haven't watched the anime since I was a kid, but I heard good things about that Pokemon origins show, or whatever it was called, about Red I think. Is it worth a stroll down memory lane?
>>
>>4839
It is pretty weird yes, but they took the (x30) joke and ran with it for far too long. Whatever.
>>
>>4840
The Origin was terrible and even the type of people that were rating it highly because "I don't watch the anime, but I hate Ash and Ash isn't in this thing so this thing is better" eventually agreed it was pretty bad.
>>
>>4840
If you're in it for pure gen 1 feel, then no, because it's based off the gen 3 remakes and has mega evolution.

If you're in it for Redwank, then no, because relative to the length of the respective series, Red spends even more time than Ash bumbling around being an idiot.

If you're in it for an alternative pokemon anime that's better than the main series, then no, because it's shit.

Just rewatch Kanto.
>>
>>4823
Yeah

Like some higher up REALLy REALLY wants kids to like Lucario
>>
>Still caring about Pokemon
>After 20 fucking years

keep giving your money to gamefreak for the same fucking game and anime you stupid fucks.
>>
>>4841
Most of the Kanto captures weren't done for any actually planned reasons. He caught 30 Tauros to set up a punchline at the end of the episode ("all the 30 Pokemon he caught in the Safari Zone were Tauros and then run over Oak and wreck his lab, this is funny, laugh dammit"), not because they had any actual plans for what to DO with those 30 Tauros.

There's a reason why it took over two years after they got caught until he actually used one.
>>
>>4844
Nah, kids do like Lucario, that's why they keep shilling it. They tried doing the same with Zoroark and it crashed and burned pretty badly.

With SM their shillmon was Rockruff, so they went or cute over "badass" this time around.
>>
>>4840
No.
It's written worse than BW was, which on it's own is quite baffling, there are like three versions of Viridian town in 4 ep series, almost all gyms get shafted...
It's shite
>>
>>4680
Was he ever interesting?
>>
>>4840
Fuck no.

Do you know those kids who played the whole game with just an overleveled starter? It's literally that.
>>
>>4849
Never.
>>
>>4849
I love him. He's my favorite character.
>>
>>4846
Which makes me realize that the anime wasn't meant to continue past S1 (or Johto at most), simply because the game was highly thought to end at Johto.

Damn, the OG Johto must have been great back then. You beat that game, and then BOOM, Kanto. Must have been wild for something so old.
>>
>>4853
Johto was shit due to having Kanto as endgame. Kanto suffered from it, too. Gen II was weak, but if they did end things there, they'd have had enough money to retire. That boom was something else.
>>
>>4853
It's been confirmed in interviews that it was originally meant to run for a bit over a year and a half, which is the length of Kanto. That's why the Orange League exists, at the time the higher-ups changed their minds it was too late to retool Kanto to last another 40 or so episodes, so they made Tread The Water: The Region to stall until gen 2 there instead. "Ash goes to made-up land and fights made up gyms to enter a made-up league" was preferable to have 40 random filler between the 8th gym and the start of the league, and Johto wasn't going to start until the gen 2 games came out anyway.
>>
>>4854
Oh, fuck off already. There's no fucking way you weren't shitting your pants in excitement after beating GS and then realizing you could go back to the place RBY happened. You are just saying this now because you are no fun allowed jaded adult.
>>
>>4856
Calm your tits, kid. I didn't even play Johto when it released. When I did, I saw how empty it was, and how weak Gen II was. It's been confirmed Gen II was Gen I's leftovers (The Pokemon are outright bad), and it shows. I don't have nostalgia for Johto or Gen II, unlike you. I'd rather have a new, fleshed out region over one region that has to induce nostalgia when Gen I was only three years old at the time.

No need to project just because someone isn't praising your favorite gen.
>>
>>4842
>>4843
>>4848
>>4850
Seems like it isn't worth it then, thanks for the answers.
>>
>>4858
Just watch XY. Shitty end to the league aside, it IS the anime at its best.
>>
>>4858
this >>4859
If you know the outcome from the getgo it's much less frustrating
amour a canon tho
>>
File: 1398818061262.jpg (757KB, 1104x976px) Image search: [Google]
1398818061262.jpg
757KB, 1104x976px
>>4860
So is this. XY had good pairings.
>>
File: Ashley.gif (347KB, 352x264px) Image search: [Google]
Ashley.gif
347KB, 352x264px
Master of disguise right here.
>>
>>4858
Watch Generations instead.
>>
File: 20170301_235551_thumb.jpg (58KB, 554x313px) Image search: [Google]
20170301_235551_thumb.jpg
58KB, 554x313px
FUCK
YOUR
NOSTALGIA
>>
>>4646
I've never even heard of Zorark, is it actually good?
>>
>>4749
A Ho-oH movie, after all these years rainbow nigga will finally get his time to shine.
>>
>>4862
I've fapped to Ashley so many times.
>>
>>4865
The movie was okay. Nothing special. Kind of the worst of the DPP series movies.

The Pokemon itself is okay but, again, nothing special. It has an ability that changes its appearance, HP and level to match the last Pokemon in your party (unless Zoroark itself is that last in which case it does nothing). If you're clever with it you can trick your opponent into using an ineffective move on it effectively giving you a free turn, but it's honestly a pretty lame gimmick and doesn't really help its mediocre stats and movepool.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170401-215824.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170401-215824.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>4755
>>
>>4832
The guy Ash lost to wound up winning the Hoenn League.
>>
>>4800
>by the same "IKEEEEEEE GEKKOUGA" stock footage

Now we've got "Eeeeh what is this 'new' thing?! SUGEEEEEEEEE"
Dunno whats worse.

Oh yeah and the fucking rotomdex drives me crazy.
He was bad enough in games but in show his shit is unbearable.
>>
>>4865
It was not bad, but after the creation trilogy i was expecting more.
>>
>>4868
At leas it has Zoroark transforming into Dawn.
>>
>>4755
>>4869
>pokeani being discontinued only to let disgruntled head writer pick up the glove ten years later and finish what should be done FUCKING WHEN
>>
Am I the only one who just enjpys the porn now?
>>
>>4875
What else is there to enjoy about pokemon?
>>
File: patrician taste.jpg (23KB, 261x185px) Image search: [Google]
patrician taste.jpg
23KB, 261x185px
>>4875
Pokemon has always had good porn.
>>
>>4646
Man I can still remember how I asked my parents to buy me the first movie when I was a child. I think the VHS is still laying somewhere around in the basement of my parents. Where did the time go?
>>
>>4874
LONG AGO, IN A DISTANT REGION I, ALAIN, THE GAMEBREAKING SHOGUN OF SALT, TRAINED UP AN UNBEATABLE CHARIZARD. BUT, A FOOLISH POKEMON TRAINER, WIELDING A MAGIC PIKACHU, STEPPED FORTH TO OPPOSE ME. BEFORE MY LAST POKEMON COULD FALL, I TORE HIS GRENINJA A NEW ASSHOLE AND FLUNG HIM INTO A FUTURE WHERE HIS FAILURE IS LAW. NOW, THE FOOL SEEKS TO RETURN TO THE PAST AND UNDO THE FAILURE THAT IS HIS LIFE.
>>
>>4646
I had a better time with Hoppa than Diancie. Legendaries everywhere helps.
>>
>>4880
Diancie is comfy. Hoopa falls apart when the legendary battle starts.
>>
>>4877
it's always had porn but I never noticed any of it being good until I got until doujins, and even then it's only the newer stuff if the last 5-6 years that's impressive, old stuff not as much
>>
>>4881
Both movies have worthless narrative. Hoopa managed a bit of spectacle when they had legendaries run wild the city. Satoshi and co are way too much background noise in Diancie.
>>
>>4883
They're always background noise. The movies have been about the star Pokemon since forever.
>>
>>4884
The first two weren't.
>>
>>4884
>They're always background noise
Diancie took it to ridiculous lenghts.
>>
>>4805
>edge
What? Are you just so so used to anime for younger kids or something? The 'edge' of the manga is on par with other battle shounen. Fucking One Piece has edgier content than the pokemon manga.
>>
>>4834
Except that even with game powerlevels, you totally can make it that far with Pikachu (with Lightball).
>>
File: Lana_Swimsuit.gif (4MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Lana_Swimsuit.gif
4MB, 600x338px
>>4857
Johto/Kanto was only barren because Game Freak are hacks that couldn't fit the whole thing on a game cartridge. It was a miracle Iwata fixed their shit, and they still never got better as developers

Shitting on Johto because you're cool doesn't change the fact it also had some of the biggest changes to the franchise to date: Special split, two new types, genders and breeding, holding items, day and night, Happiness system, etc. List goes on, the leap from Gen I actually pretty impressive compared to all the shitty installments that came afterward because Masuda is an ideas man making engines for better, smarter developers to make good games out of

>>4888
You can make it that far with an overleveled Meowth too

Game power levels are shit, the only Pokemon games with anything remotely resembling challenge are the Gen IV installments
>>
>>4887
It's not a shonen manga, though. And it feels rather out of place compared with how the rest of the franchise presents itself.
That shitty Reburst thing was even worse, but I don't think anyone liked that.
>>
>>4889
You can solo the league with a single level 1 Aron if you know what you're doing.
>>
File: 250px-229Houndoom.png (49KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-229Houndoom.png
49KB, 250x250px
>>4857
>(The Pokemon are outright bad)

And then there's this faggot.

>It's been confirmed Gen II was Gen I's leftovers

You mean the engine? most games have leftovers from previous games, FR LG and RSE, DPPt and HG SS. Hell, BW still carries leftovers from DPPt and HG SS as well.

And the idea of re-visiting Kanto wasn't awesome just because nostalgia at the time, but because it gave a straight time-line to the events in the the game. It made what you did in the first games MATTER to what happened in the sequels, something that most games afterwards lack.
>>
File: IMG_0857.jpg (51KB, 441x581px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0857.jpg
51KB, 441x581px
>>4536
At least he got a kiss and a girl. That's more than some of you can say.
>>
>>4893
I wish I had a Serena.
>>
File: Kri (2).png (125KB, 302x302px) Image search: [Google]
Kri (2).png
125KB, 302x302px
>>4889
>Shitting on Johto because you're cool doesn't change the fact it also had some of the biggest changes to the franchise to date: Special split, two new types, genders and breeding, holding items, day and night, Happiness system, etc. List goes on, the leap from Gen I actually pretty impressive compared to all the shitty installments that came afterward because Masuda is an ideas man making engines for better, smarter developers to make good games out of

Don't forget Gen II (Crystal) also introduced fucking Wireless battles and trades with that phone ad-on that was released in Japan.
>>
>>4892
>You mean the engine?
He's referring to the 39 Gen II pokémon that were supposed to be in Red and Green but were dropped to stay on schedule/under budget/whatever production reason. No one actually knows which 39 they were though, so he's calling all of Gen II bad to cover his bases.
>>
File: loss.jpg (81KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
loss.jpg
81KB, 1920x1080px
I used to think the Pokemon anime was really shaping up to be great because they had the balls to have Ash lose in the first season. What sort of kids show has the protagonist fail to achieve his dreams, in such a bitter, mature fashion as well? He wasn't a good enough trainer, so his pokemon didn't obey him. No excuse for that, simply not good enough.

Fucking little did I know it would just be running fucking theme for him to never win and it wasn't a creative choice.
>>
>>4757
Gary is the Ash to Ash's Alain?
>>
>>4898
no, because Gary moved on and became great at what he wanted to do - research Pokemon
>>
>>4895
And mother fucking online events.
>>
>>4897
>No excuse for that
That's not true, though. He lost because Team Rocket sabotaged his match and forced him to fight without a proper team. He only used zard because he HAD to.
>>
>>4901
That's silly. Charizard is his strongest mon and his failure to properly train it would have been an issue sooner or later.
>>
>>4544
At least he was smart enough to quit
>>
>>4902
Obviously. But he knew it was a gamble because he sent it out in that battle, and it wasn't even his initial choice. He thought about sending out Pidgeotto first, but it couldn't fight because of TR's fuckery.
>>
File: Harrison.png (889KB, 640x1228px) Image search: [Google]
Harrison.png
889KB, 640x1228px
>>4761
>They had to shill the new Gen 3, and Blaziken fucked Charizard's shit up
I didn't mind that one that much. It was a pretty close match that came down to their respective last pokemon.

And to be fair, Blaziken was so fucked up from Charizard that it caused Harrison to lose his next match.

Even with shilling, it's a lot less bullshit compared to the other ones.
>>
>>4905
How the fuck does Charizard lose to Blaziken?

I fucked up my friend's Blaziken with my Charizard as a kid. He has type advantage
>>
>>4761
Most Kanto matches were bullshit.
>>
File: Kris (55).png (267KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
Kris (55).png
267KB, 375x500px
>>4900
Gen II wireless distribution event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er0gbOvHY5k

Gen II wireless trade:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uh4sgtmDMQ

Pokemon Stadium 2 feature to replay wireless battles from Pokemon Crystal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhG1sa6KtNw

There are other functions like wireless trading, Pokemon news, and sending messages, but those features are not well known in the west and I couldn't find videos about them.

Gen III was a step backwards in many instances compared to Gen II. They also forced you to buy pretty much every game in that generation in order to catch them all. I will never forgive how RSE took away my nigga Rattata away from me for the very first time. Rattata should be the mandatory early-game Normal type encounter ALONG with whatever every generation offers (Like Sentret and Rattata could be found at the same route in GSC)
>>
>>4906
dude hoenn mons are all super special and ash needs to drop all his old crap and go there
>>
File: 1374548921404.jpg (731KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1374548921404.jpg
731KB, 1920x1080px
>>4533
>>
>>4906
>How the fuck does Charizard lose to Blaziken?
Ash's Charizard doesn't know any flying moves.
>>
File: Kris_2.png (220KB, 420x600px) Image search: [Google]
Kris_2.png
220KB, 420x600px
>>4908
>be Kris
>first playable female character ever
>barely show up in anything
>get forgotten
>game gets remade years later
>my time to shine again!
>get replaced by some other skank
>fall even more into obscurity
being Kris is suffering
>>
>>4912
That's what happens when you only appeal to spats fetishists and next gen has a better girl in spats
>>
File: 1265316278184.jpg (93KB, 600x623px) Image search: [Google]
1265316278184.jpg
93KB, 600x623px
>>4533
>Caring AT ALL about Ash
>Meanwhile based Red beat the league and got a qt 3.14 tomboy gf

How can Ash even compete?
>>
>>4914
Didn't he beat a "league" that had a single match in it?
>>
>>4548
kek
>>
>>4910
>"And I beat the Elite four. And the Champion."
Why would Ash lie like that?
>>
>>4917
The author is a retard that mixed games and anime.

"The champion" is just Gary anyway, Ash did beat him.
>>
>>4914
His league was kind of shit, though. I'm sorry, but the Pokemon League portrayed in PokeSpe are some of the most ludicrous and outright odd in the franchise. In the RGB arc, trainers collected the badges because they had """"special powers"""", and Team Rocket tried to use them to artificially created Lugia. The mechanics of this whole thing was just outright bizarre. The general state of things was so stupid that in the GSC arc, known terrorists basically took over the league and have shaped the way it was run ever since.

Red may be the Champion, but all he really did was defeat Green in a battle.
>>
>>4919
Early PokeSpe was just a really clumsy attempt at creating a story from something that didn't really have one.
>>
File: 1471947823377.jpg (3MB, 2618x3338px) Image search: [Google]
1471947823377.jpg
3MB, 2618x3338px
>>4705
Man these pokegirls do things to my dick I never though was possable.
>>
File: Misty (20).gif (8KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Misty (20).gif
8KB, 400x400px
>>4920
Dengeki Pikachu did a marvelous work at re-interpreting the animu and making a history out of it. I wish the author continued the manga up until Johto.
>>
>>4560
>Appearances/Design:
>May that high

Kill yourself
>>
>>4562
Sinnoh was better than johto. Not that's a high standard
>>
File: btt.jpg (70KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
btt.jpg
70KB, 400x400px
Never forget.
>>
>>4922
You know someone else took over and made an anime-based manga that covered Johto and AG, right?
>>
>>4919
>His league was kind of shit, though
It was a fucking tournament. How was that different from the pokemon anime?
>>
File: 0027.png (1MB, 2100x3000px) Image search: [Google]
0027.png
1MB, 2100x3000px
Will Chicken-chan ever show up in the anime and sweep Lillie off her feet?
>>
>>4922
The technology level that he gave the world was exquisite. I remember as a kid being fascinated by the floating scooter that some pokepolice girls had.
>>
>>4668

In BW ask was a regressed moron. Diamond and Pearl at least had Ash be competent. And, no, no amount of Hilda's daisy dukes could save that series.
>>
>>4533
IT'S
FOR
CHILDREN
>>
>>4667
>May was/is my favorite

kill yourself
>>
>>4928
Nope. Lillie is taken.
>>
>>4931
So is Shonen

What you meant to say was Pokemon is for babby-tier retards not old enough to think yet
>>
>>4931
How is this for children again???

Do you want me to call the police?
>>
>>4686

May was trash.
>>
>>4933
By who? What is your image implying?
>>
>>4696

At least we actually got to see Bianca kiss him.
>>
>>4722

> ZOMG BADGES

so what
>>
>>4940
Between two characters who can't even seem to get in the same screen shot?
>>
File: Misty (44).jpg (481KB, 868x1228px) Image search: [Google]
Misty (44).jpg
481KB, 868x1228px
>>4926
Eh, can you link me to that? I don't think any other author could've reimagined the anime in the same way that dude did.

>>4929
Yeah, it made me think on how the future could look like, and maybe if in the future we could create Pokemon. It made my imagination fly with ideas.

Buying each volume of Dengeki was hype as fuck back in the day. Sadly, the manga was only published until BEFORE the finals of the Pokemon League in my country. I spent my childhood trying to look for the last Pokemon League volume of the manga to see how the Ash VS Ritchie battle went to no avail until years later.

At least he gave a satisfactory conclusion to the manga as far as I remember. Jessie & James get married, Ash starts traveling with Gary though the Orange Islands and start finding new undiscovered Pokemon. What kid wouldn't have payed loads of cash to see an Orange Islands and Johto anime where Ash and Gary travel together? shit would've been awesome!

>>4928
sauce
>>
>>4942
I was going to tell you just use 4chan's RIS, but apparently it's being full blown retarded right now.

So you're in luck. https://exhentai.org/g/1036851/81b582cd94/

>>4943
But Mao acts that way with everyone, and what's happening in that scene isn't even "shippy". Lillie just fell down.
>>
File: ATSUI as fuck.jpg (866KB, 2863x2193px) Image search: [Google]
ATSUI as fuck.jpg
866KB, 2863x2193px
>>4942
Yeah, it's a completely different style. Very slapsticky, but has its moments. It's called "Satoshi and Pikachu".
>>
File: english.jpg (1MB, 3437x2480px) Image search: [Google]
english.jpg
1MB, 3437x2480px
>>4945
>>
>>4944
It's cute though
>>
>>4945
>>4946
What the hell? Is the Pokemon manga really scanlated like that?
>>
>>4948
It's not a scanlation, it's the official English release.
>>
>>4948
>scanlated
>that
>>
>>4949
Well, the official English release is still scanlated.
But I see what you're saying. They just scanned the English version.
>>
>>4951
>the official English release is still scanlated.
>>
File: Misty (133).jpg (261KB, 580x700px) Image search: [Google]
Misty (133).jpg
261KB, 580x700px
>>4646
>Mewtwo Movie
>Actually makes you think about cloning and artificial life deserving rights or not
>Has a prequel OVA giving more backstory to the movie, not just "Ash happens to be traveling around this place and shit happens"
>Actually has an impact in the anime series (Shows how Gary gets rekt by Mewtwo, how Mewtwo escapes Viridian Gym before Ash reaches there)

That statement is begging the question: If the first movie was "perhaps not the best movie in hindsight", then what movie is better than the first one? I swear /vp/ is contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

On another note, Destiny Deoxys was the first Pokemon Movie I ever felt asleep while watching. So boring.
>>
>>4952
Yes, do you understand scanlated means?
In order for it to be transitioned from its original Japanese version to an English version the publishers had to scanlate it. Then they printed out the English version.

Google "localizing manga volumes" and you'll get all the information you need.
>>
>>4953
The Entei and Lucario movies are generally considered the best.
>>
File: pixlr_20160817210419345.jpg (223KB, 933x933px) Image search: [Google]
pixlr_20160817210419345.jpg
223KB, 933x933px
>>4536
Thread posts: 424
Thread images: 92

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.