[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you will see them die in your lifetime.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 24

File: IMG_0049.jpg (102KB, 2728x688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0049.jpg
102KB, 2728x688px
>you will see them die in your lifetime.
>>
File: IMG_0627.gif (1MB, 383x322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0627.gif
1MB, 383x322px
>>78249077
>mfw
>>
>>78249077
Kinda sucks, wish they didn't fall for all the memes, I'd still like a nightly highlight show with actual highlights. Yeah you can watch them online but having every sport condensed into an hour was nice back before (((Disney))) bought them.
>>
They'll be fine once their dumbass broadcast deals expire. Disney has more than enough juice to keep them afloat until then
>>
It would be the GOAT if it went to showing random as fuck sports during the day and cut the talk shows, no matter your political views. Still the occasional sportscenter. Something like
>6am-9am Sportscenter AM
>9am-11am swimming/curling/gymnastics/darts
>11am-1pm ping pong/poker/track n field/trapping
>1pm-3pm yuro soccer/japan baseball/cuba volleyball
>4pm-7pm mlb baseball/more soccer/FIBA basketball
>7pm-10pm NBA/MLB/NFL depending
>10pm late game or Sportscenter PM
>12am-6am filler/infomercials/more sports because reasons

theres so much to choose from like NCAA swimming or Japan Pro Wrestling or Qatar League Soccer.
Why the fuck would i want to watch Michael and Ninja turtle.
>>
>seeing a disney subsidy going under in your lifetime
Too brave
>>
>>78249218
how will they be fine when they get rid of actual sports?
>>
>>78249259
You can push agendas showing nothing but sports, though.
>>
>you will see white supremacy and white privilege die in your lifetime
>you will see southern strategy conservatism die in your lifetime
>>
>>78249077
What's going to happen to professional leagues once ESPN isn't handing out retarded contracts? Specially the NBA, what will they do when it runs out and no one is willing to pay billions anymore?
>>
>>78249334
I expect more Over The Air/Antenna networks to come back, yes everyone is cutting the cord but a 10 dollar antenna gets you every "major" station
>>
>>78249314
Can't *
>>
NBC and FOX

NBA is heavily shown on ABC, parent of ESPN.
FOX has a big cut on college football. FOX has german soccer and world cup, FA cup, champions league. Also MLB.
NBC has a lot invested in English soccer, Olympics, etc. And Hockey.
>>
good
>>
>>78249383
well this is another problem, anyone old enough remembers when NHL highlights were shown as much as NBA highlights. back before Disney they wouldn't even care since they were a sports station and show every highlight. daytimes were filled with rugby and pro wrestling and NFL Films specials.
>>
>>78249077
they committed suicide
>>
they're going to blame their demise on racist flyover states somehow
>>
File: PangBishop.jpg (109KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
PangBishop.jpg
109KB, 600x900px
>ywn again watch back to back hockey games on espn2 with buccigross and melrose in the studio and gary thorne and bill clement doing the commentary.

why even fucking live, bros?
>>
>>78249293
ESPN isn't their meal ticket though. They'll cut it if it's hemorrhaging too much money.
>>
ESPN Brasil is pretty good.
>>
>thinking a Disney subsidiary will collapse.

Do you even corporations?
>>
>>78249978
you may want to google how much ESPN matters to Disney

ESPN is their meal ticket
>>
Not if I die first :-)
>>
not only will they survive, but they'll get stronger. you still want to watch the sports they have contracts with so you'll still go to them. they are soon making a big overhaul to streaming to try to get away from cords. they can continue to raise prices as they lose subscribers to supplement their losses. it's a time game and they have time

now if they could get away from the liberal bullshit, that would be awesome
>>
File: 1467254443174.jpg (59KB, 513x472px) Image search: [Google]
1467254443174.jpg
59KB, 513x472px
>>78249077

>espn logo is master chief taking a shit
>>
>>78249077
they are too big to die. they are going to turn into mtv. I mean they have kinda become a shell of itself but its going to get worse
>>
>>78250643

>and now on "White People Stay Colonizing" with Jemele Hill and Colin Kaepernick
>>
FUCK DISNEY AND FUCK JEWISH PEOPLE!
>>
>>78250492
Really? I guess that makes sense given how much TV costs compared to their movies.

Yeah, capeshit makes a shit ton of money, but it takes a shit ton of money to make.
>>
>>78250622
Can't unsee.
>>
>>78250643
I've been forecasting this for years. That they'd take the "Entertainment" part of ESPN and spin it to just overall pop culture programming.
>>
Switched to sports illustrated to check scores at work and now I get bikini models instead of race guilt
>>
>>78249077
The only thing I will miss will be the Teddy Atlas chimp outs.
>>
>>78249317
>you'll see nonexistent things die

what did she mean by this?
>>
File: 1504465580769.jpg (136KB, 544x544px) Image search: [Google]
1504465580769.jpg
136KB, 544x544px
>>
>>78250529
>Muh liberal bullshit
>Literally just rehired Hank Williams Jr. and shit on one of their premier hosts

I can understand the Kaepernick shit but come on now, you can't expect sports outlets not to cover what they see on the field, and social activism has been in sports for fucking ever, even if this toxic political climate just magnifies it
>>
>>78251546
>toxic political climate

there she goes with that nonexistent shit again you DO REALIZE that this "toxic political climate" your ilk loves to lament is nonexistent...it is nothing but a media-created fiction. they make hysteria out of nothing. they create stories where there are none. you do realize that, right? you do realize you're being played by the mainstream media, right?
>>
>>78249259

I'd be fine with the variety pack format.

>Not wanting to watch sports from halfway around the world
>>
>>78251567
This post just screams "I watch REAL news like Fox and Infowars and read Breitbart every day"

Trumpanzee please go.Media has been biased since the it's inception but the straight jump into outright post-truth fiction has never been made more evident than with embarrasment of an administration and their daily assortment of unfactual hypocritical bullshit

Keep telling people how that wall's gonna get built any day now my dude.
>>
>>78249363

I bought an RCA antenna and I can only get four channels. I live on the third floor of my apartment. What the fuck?
>>
>>78251641
Seek sunlight ya fuckin pinhead.
>>
>>78251680
You're posting on fucking 4chan and telling other people this? A little ironic don't you think
>>
>>78249163
Pluto TV has a new sports network. "Stadium". Free. Download it anywhere, it's the best free TV app around.
>>
I'm ready for espn to get back to its roots. Daily mlb, nba, nfl, nhl game flanked by tractor pulling, monster trucks, stong man contests, lumberjack contests, regional wrestling, bowling, pool, and a mature interview show hosted by Roy firestone.
>>
>>78251788

>We will never get RPM2Night back

This was my favorite show on ESPN. Watched religiously every weeknight at 6:30 when I was in elementary school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB5FwIDBKPM
>>
File: sfdgdfg.png (525KB, 739x511px) Image search: [Google]
sfdgdfg.png
525KB, 739x511px
>>78251446
no one's safe
>>
>>78251788
Waiting for the return of Bodyshaping and Kiana'a Flex Appeal.
>>
>>78251641
SEETHING
>>
>>78251668
ABC, NBC, CBS, and I guess PBS

What did you expect?
>>
File: latest.png (892KB, 650x1430px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
892KB, 650x1430px
>>78251861
is Crazytown the neighbouring rival of Lazytown?
>>
I hope so
They ruined monday night football and the NBA
along with their political garbage
>>78249259
would be nice but not going to happen
>>
>>78251875

I'm not getting NBC, CBS, FOX, or PBS. I'm getting ABC, MeTV, and Christian Living Channel.
>>
>>78249259

You mean do what a real sports channel does? Lol no
>>
File: 1465492916348.jpg (90KB, 951x840px) Image search: [Google]
1465492916348.jpg
90KB, 951x840px
>notice everyone sperging over some espn bum, don't care enough to find out why
>mfw hearing she just called Trump a white supremacist
wtf is the problem here guys I thought this was why we liked him
>>
>>78251893
BlazeyTown
>>
>>78251840
And then FOX took away speed and wind tunnel...now there are only NASCAR news shows and they all suck.
>>
>>78251865
>Waiting for the return of Bodyshaping and Kiana'a Flex Appeal.

Nice. Based Rick and Kendall, master of the stepper.

And can't forget Gilad's Bodies in Motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHSt0lsn6q4
>>
>>78251641
most msm is literally jewish hysteria at this point

do yourself a favor and get a clue
>>
>>78252260
>DA JOOOOOOOOOOOOS

This is your final (You) /pol/cuck
>>
>>78252024

The big 3 and usually PBS are literally on air everywhere except the most desolate parts of the US, read your instructions and ask for advice
>>
I never watched ESPN for anything but live sports so I don't give a shit what they're doing

Sports talk is garbage even without political/social commentary
>>
>>78252369
>Sports talk is garbage even without political/social commentary

It extends further than sports. Watching guys in suits talk is just lame
>>
>>78251641
Yikes
>>
>>78251861

She looks like John Travolta in Battlefield Earth.
>>
>>78249077
...and nothing of any particular value was lost.
>>
Just start our own network

E/SP/N.

where we have a 30 min segment of anons full on screaming at each other.
Brazilian inbreds furiously masturbating to Ronaldo
Have a dog come in and shit on the floor
Drunk anons commenting on games
Weeb anime drawing contests
Ehh. It would be cringe, but no politics
>>
>>78249317
t. eternal butthurt libtard
>>
>>78251641
He's right though. Turn off your TV. Go outside. You'll see how little politics matters
>>
>>78251641
You need to go back
>>
>>78252567
>bro just live ur lyfe who cares about politics? :)
The democratic process exists so that you can involve yourself in creating the policies you have to live under. You're playing yourself by not doing so; literally letting other people make your decisions for you. I'm not saying you have to turn into a paranoid wokefag but at least look out for your own interests, pham
>>
File: 1487766171370.png (1MB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
1487766171370.png
1MB, 857x1202px
>>78249259
I would actually love this, I'd take AFC Champions League footy over first take and sports nation any day
>>
no one posted about this yet?

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-suspended-linda-cohn-let-jemele-hill-slide/

Another employee recently contacted Outkick and said, “I pretend I’m a Democrat so I can keep my job here. And there are others just like me. We’re like a secret society inside ESPN.”
>>
>>78249259
I'd like to expand on this because I think there's plenty of room for programming that isn't 100% pure sports broadcasting, but is still totally related to sports. Documentaries that aren't necessarily 30 for 30 about specific sports, players, or moments would be nice to see during lulls, for instance
I've also for some reason got this idea in my head that you could make a show about a handful of shlubby average guys who go around the world to sample different sports and competitions. They have a week or two to train up under a master and then they have to prove they've learned anything in either a mock match or a skills competition type thing. Imagine old Top Gear but for sports
>>
File: Studio_20170609_081407.jpg (60KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
Studio_20170609_081407.jpg
60KB, 554x400px
>>78250622
Holy fugggg
>>
>>78252602
Holy fuck you sound like a huge faggot. Please return to r*ddit.
>>
>>78251861
>I was going to give this a pass. Truly, I was. Jemele Hill, the gifted young woman
stopped reading there
>>
How did it come to this? I lived in the US a few years ago and espn was fine. It covered sports. But now all of a sudden it's BETsjwpn. I can't even go on their site without being spammed with some political bullshit. There are a billion other sites for this. Leave my sports alone you faggots.
>>
>>78249077
Good
fuck BET Sports
>>
>>78254365
This is exactly why it's going to die! Good riddance.
>>
>>78249978
>47% of their income is from television
Do you think ABC is going to make up the difference?
>>
I predict that /sp/ will die as an active board before ESPN dies.
>>
>Linda Cohn gets suspended after saying the network is getting too political
>Jamele Hill gets a "stern talking to" after making remarks about the President.

Makes you think.
>>
>>78249961
>one of the best themes next to NBA on NBC
https://youtube.com/watch?v=2BuSLqUD65I
>>
>>78251861
SI has been getting political too

idk where to go now
>>
jemelle hill is a racist

she openly hates white people and has a long history of doing so
>>
Being racist against white people is impossible because power equals... something or the other... I forget. Yes, we're at the stage where hating certain people because of their race is completely acceptable. As long as they're white, that is. But it's not racism. Because something.

This is perfectly acceptable to self-declared non-racists, for example:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/aishamirza/until-white-women-ruined-it?utm_term=.drXmNrYb3#.fyn8QrNGM
>>
>>78251641
>>78251641
>Keep telling people how that wall's gonna get built any day now my dude.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/immigration/sd-me-border-wall-20170831-story.html

Stay
Fuckin
Mad
>>
>>78251641
>Media has been biased since the it's inception but the straight jump into outright post-truth fiction has never been made more evident than with embarrasment of an administration and their daily assortment of unfactual hypocritical bullshit

>hey goy- err- guys...i'm just like you. i hate the [[media]] too. they're really biased and stuff...but don't you think dRumpf is 100X worse???

wow schlomo, not even trying to hide it anymore.
>>
>>78251861
What did Jamale hill do now?
>>
>>78252290
not an argument. you can't just say "oh you're a polcuck" and pretend you somehow out-argued someone.

he's right though (>>78252260). msm is owned/controlled/financed by jews...and it's hysteria. what's factually inaccurate about calling it "jewish hysteria?" plz respond
>>
>>78254721
>rapidly-growing internet format will die before rapidly-shrinking tv format

what did the moron mean by this?
>>
>>78255635
Google
>>
Good. Fuck 'em. They deserve it at this point. And that stinky twat Hill.
>>
>>78255825
>i will never live in a peaceful country like iceland
damn
>>
ESPN going to rely on leftist sports fans for its entire market share.

>good luck with that
>>
>>78249259
That's how they used to do it
>>
>>78249259
They had that but nobody watched
>>
>>78256191
There is literally zero point in trying to out argue delusional shut in fuckwits who think every single thing that doesn't align with their retarded ideology is some global jewish conspiracy.

Stormfags have fucking ruined this site, it's sad. At least the Libertarian Ron Paul era of /pol/ was entertaining and tongue-in-cheek about their buffoonery. Y'all genuinely believe your own bullshit
>>
>>78259089
bro just click the "X" in the upper right hand corner of your screen
>>
File: 1342706539273.gif (903KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1342706539273.gif
903KB, 400x300px
>>78258289
>The Left
>Fan of sports
>>
>eurobasket semifinals
>7 current NBA players playing as well as one of the world's best prospects
>put the game behind a paywall while playing a mid offseason NBA talk show on their main channel
>>
>>78259089
>media is largely owned/controlled by jews (2% of the population)
>mainstream media is largely illogical hysteria

what of that is not true?

examples of NON-argments that don't count:
>polcuck
>shut in
>fuckwit
>retarded
>delusional
>stormfag (big giveaway right here)
>>
>>78261471
Your supply-side is showing.
People watch and demand this shit because people are garbage. news media are just playing a market that is already there. You should know, as enlightened as you are, that people are monkeys and don't need much encouragement to clamour for fake drama and fake outrage.
>>
>>78256187
spoke the truth
>>
>trent dilfer fired for speaking against kaepernick
>everyone else is fine to speak their mind

I'm sure the jews will find a way to discredit opposite opinions but they won't win
>>
>>78249259
You forgot disc (dude weed lmao) golf.
The shit some of the tour guys pull off is insane.
>>
>>78261657
Trent Dilfer got fired because he fucking sucked and was an expendable piece from their layoffs

Literal garbage QB who got carried to a ring by one of the best defenses of all time goes on to criticize the shit out of several QB far better than he is
>>
>>78261598
>still believing pop-culture mass-media is reflective rather than prescriptive

holy shit you must be pretty naive. having spent the vast majority of my adult life working in music industry, tv, commercial world etc., i know from experience that this shit isn't "organic" nor is it simply trying to "give the people what they want." it's all forced, it's all rammed down the throats of ignorant public, not because the public are bad or stupid, they're just ignorant (as in, not knowing any better).

rihanna and beyonce and bieber aren't merely "filling some market that would be there regardless." likewise, bullshit sjw politics in sports isn't some latent, untapped goldmine of a market. it's an agenda being pushed by those in control of the centralized, consolidated media markets. as people have tuned out of cnn/abc/msnbc/mtv/comedy central etc etc., the execs at the top just start ramming their agenda through whatever outlets are still well-watched.

your lack of knowledge on the subject is showing.

you're right, the people are lazy. they will generally swallow whatever bullshit is fed them, but don't be disingenuous and pretend the people/market somehow determine this. that's total bs and you know it
>>
File: 1505261932862.jpg (13KB, 298x272px) Image search: [Google]
1505261932862.jpg
13KB, 298x272px
>turn it to ESPN day after Charlottesville
>sportsnation is on
>Michelle Beadle has her serious face on and is literally yelling at the camera
>"If you have a problem with players sitting during the anthem after what took place this weekend then you're probably a racist and have some mental issues"
>change channel and never turn it to ESPN again

Nothinv like a white white woman calling me a racist because I just want to watch sports.
>>
>>78251788
Ah to be a kid again

>mfw i will never watch Griffey Jr win the 1994 home run derby at least once a week.
>>
>>78251865
>dat GILF in top shape
>>
>>78261867
I tend to agree with this in that it points to a financial motive to manipulate behaviors (which is fact at this point). I'm not convinced of ideological motives. I'm also not convinced that anyone is "in control." If that is the case, then the illuminati is so far up our asses that there isn't anything to do about it regardless. Every source either denouncing or supporting such a thing is suspect unless you just take the Jewish Conspiracy as the only knowable, which is dogmatic.
>>
>>78261867
This flies in the face of how every company approaches marketing
>>
>>78249259
Does anyone else remember when ESPN showed Lumberjack competitions and Sumo wrestling?
>>
File: bodyshaping.jpg (81KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bodyshaping.jpg
81KB, 480x360px
>>78251865
>>78262192
remember this was before the internet
>>
>>78262221
>I'm also not convinced that anyone is "in control."

it's possible, but the way i look at it:

people, given even the slightest bit of power over a group of people (say principal of a high school or athletic director of a high school) will almost always push some or another agenda. it's not cryptic or evil or a secret conspiracy, it's just the nature of the position. you will push for what you think is best for the school, or, if you don't have a good moral foundation, what's best for you or your friends only.

doesn't it follow logically that this same behavior would occur in larger organizations of control (consolidated media conglomerates, banking cartels, local/state/nat'l/int'l politics, etc etc)?
>>
>>78262289
sure, but marketing isn't everything. it simply dictates the *marketing* of a company, nothing else.

i'd be fairly certain espn didn't do a bunch of market research and find, "oh...sports fans really want more minority females and blm sympathizers as anchors!"

more likely their marketing tells them, "sports fans want more former athletes and coaches as anchors" but from the higher-ups (read: execs/owners) things are dictated to bring in "Diversity"
>>
>>78255825
Christ. I see shit like this and headlines that basically say "we need to stop white people", and other blatant anti white propaganda all the fucking time. Then they turn around screaming muh nazis muh white supremacists. What did you expect you dense cunts?
>>
>>78256187
Said Trump likes white people which apparently is wrong.
>>
File: 1420498166749.png (339KB, 200x333px) Image search: [Google]
1420498166749.png
339KB, 200x333px
>>78255825
>About two years ago, I walked into some art event in downtown Manhattan, realized I was the only person of color there, and immediately walked out. I guess my time being a token was over.

What does this even mean?
>>
File: 1426989378530.jpg (50KB, 457x480px) Image search: [Google]
1426989378530.jpg
50KB, 457x480px
>>78250622
>>
>>78262289
The entertainment industry, which has broadened significantly since the advent of television and especially internet/social media to include sports, news, and even food, is unique in the sense that it has the unique ability to create narratives rather than products. The entertainment industry is in the business of telling stories. People consume stories primarily for emotional or psychological satisfaction or curiosity. When we watch a horror movie, the film keeps us tense and on edge about what could possibly happen. With sports, they build narratives which conform to classic Campbelling narrative models (Underdog vs. Superman, Unstoppable Force vs. Immovable Object, etc.). Entertainment industries are unique in that they can market something political in the guise of a 'good story'. People will gobble that shit up even if they don't personally agree with it because it delivers some semblance of emotional satisfaction.

Unlike most industries, which offer a product which generally serves some type of function, the entertainment industries product is narratives. Narratives rest on emotional appeal to succeed, and narratives can use emotional pornography to achieve unpopular political ends.
>>
>>78250622
can someone please explain this. i can't see it
>>
>>78262480
Human nature and the will to power limits cooperation, I believe. Rulers of men have never been able to get along despite that doing so would make their lives much more stable and financially rewarding.
>>
>>78263041
Take the ESPN logo and rotate it 90 degrees counter clockwise. The bottom of the N is the chiefs helmet
>>
>>78262651
yeah calling him a white supremacist lol. oh and claiming a Black Trump wouldn't win even though Trump won because he won the states that Obama did
>>
>>78263268
Herman Cain is pretty close to black Trump.
>>
>>78249077

Is ESPN Classic still a thing?

I remember leaving it on as a kid and watching old NFL games all day.
>>
>>78263320
Nigga quoted fucking pokemon at a rally, Trump wishes he was half the candidate he was
>>
File: 45645613156.jpg (35KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
45645613156.jpg
35KB, 480x480px
>>78262351
I do and I changed the fucking channel.
These morons saying ESPN should show fucking curling and shit are too young to remember when ESPN has a shit load of World's Strongest Man, World Series of Poker, PBA and fucking billiards.

They should just run 16 hours of sports center from 12 midnight - 4pm before ATH. That's the ESPN I remember
>>
>>78265189
>Trump wishes he was half the candidate he was

hahaha nope. pretty sure trump doesn't wish he was anyone else. he won in a fucking landslide
>>
File: 1498953520477.jpg (351KB, 1297x1547px) Image search: [Google]
1498953520477.jpg
351KB, 1297x1547px
The case of ESPN is strange. People who run fortune 100 companies are not dumb. You can bet they know the target demographic for the NFL (and for the most part nba) is Trump's strongest demogrpahic. Taking a hard political stance for any company will probably alienate about half of your customers, but in this case they are knowingly taking the opposite side of their audience. this is not a case of
>hurr durr so dumb
They know damn well. If it is true that an exectutive at disney will run for the democratic nomination then they are without a doubt sacrificing an enormous company towards that cause. But the thing is, they aren't even doing that right. at all. you need to appeal to Trump supporters, lure them in, make them think that your /their guy/ and then slowly, subtly seep into their minds. Taking such bltant jagged opposition will only push them away and leave you with the people who would've voted for you all along.
But then we are right back were we started. These people are not dumb. they must know this. Jewery is never so plain to see, it is almost always too late when their subversion becomes apparent but its obvious what is going on
>>
>>78255627
RIP in peace Whalers
>>
>>78251861
this is what I imagine the Blair witch to look like.
>>
>>78254365
fox moved in and covered sports better. they lost so had to dance a jig and win over a new but smaller audience
>>
File: poltics and sports .jpg (59KB, 833x625px) Image search: [Google]
poltics and sports .jpg
59KB, 833x625px
>>78267646
>>
File: Laughing Horse.png (338KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Horse.png
338KB, 500x478px
>>78271194
>highschool sports
>>
They are really loosing audience?
Why?
Aren't they still the number 1 sport channel in the US who own the broadcasting rights of everything (NBA, NFL, etc)?
>>
>>78267646
>People who run fortune 100 companies are not dumb
You're quite naive. That's a pretty serious character flaw.
>>
"Now on Sportscenter, here's a 5 second clip from some football game or something last night, ugh. Now... why are you white people such disgusting racists??? Did you know... SLAVERY!!!! SYSTEMATIC RACISM!!! TRUMP IS A KKK NAZI!!!!!! DA POLICE TARGETING DA BLACK MAN WHO DINDU NUFFINS!!!!! We'll be right back after these messages."
>>
File: 1430655358570.jpg (94KB, 1338x716px) Image search: [Google]
1430655358570.jpg
94KB, 1338x716px
>>78250622
>>
>>78267646
They're not dumb, but smart people in leadership roles make bad decisions all the time.
>>
>>78249218
Stock owners will not like this and make them dump them. Watch Disney buys NBCSN or CBSSN or just start an ABCSN
>>
>>78251641
>Media has been biased since the it's inception but the straight jump into outright post-truth fiction has never been made more evident than with embarrasment of an administration and their daily assortment of unfactual hypocritical bullshit

It's almost like you're salty that the right is now playing by your rules effectively.
>>
I want Disney to die more tbqh
>>
>>78250622
>The Resident Evil 6 logo looks likes a giraffe getting a blowjob
>>
>>78251668
how close is the nearest major city to you?
>>
>>78252111
>The writer behind the poor choice of words was Jemele Hill. She wrote on ESPN.com, “Rooting for the Celtics is like saying Hitler was a victim. It’s like hoping Gorbachev would get to the blinking red button before Reagan.”
She did get suspended for that one
>>
>>78280615

I'm only a couple of miles outside of Nashville
>>
>>78249314
No your original statement was right, if they played more women's sports I'm pretty sure it'd still be agenda without any conversation
>>
>>78281024
You're doing something wrong
You should be getting the Big 3 and more
>>
>>78250492
>>78251392
Oh fuck thanks >>78250492
Check this shit out nigga what the fuck

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4093301-pictures-worth-thousand-words-disneys-espn-dilemma

>Not only will we see ESPN go down in our lifetimes, it might deeply wound Disney in the process
>/sp/ and old dudes sick of politics are delivering a huge blow to the old media
>and this >>78250622
>tfw
Best Timeline is still on guys
>>
Jemelle HIll is the only person keeping them in business.
>>
>>78263482
I watched the catch "live" as a young cowboys fan. Classic was awesome.
>>
File: 1434581065326.jpg (31KB, 325x346px) Image search: [Google]
1434581065326.jpg
31KB, 325x346px
>>78249218
They're pretty fuckin far from fine.

Ya know how every year or two you see alerts scrolling across your network television stations saying something like "Call 1-800-blablah to keep this station" because they're renegotiating deals? Well everyone knows ESPN has been BY FAR the most expensive cable rights for years now. They are going to lose fucktons of money during their next renegotiations. Because they are losing thousands of subscribers PER DAY, who is going to pay them the same prices?! And they're already locked into all these awful rights deals they vastly overpaid for.

Their fall is, and will continue to be glorious.
>>
File: kek.gif (897KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
897KB, 800x430px
>>78286914
>tfw The Longhorn Network contract expires in 2031
>>
>>78286999
I'm torn about that one.

I love seeing Texas fail hard now after ruining their entire conference... but in ruining their own conference it completely reshaped the rest of the conferences too, ruining tradition and regional rivalries and landscapes for years to come.

I'm glad, if anything, ESPN is stuck with a network no one cares about though. But conference alignments were so much better a decade ago than they are now.

Texasfags are the worst too. All they used to talk about right after that deal was done is "muh money." How'd that work out for ya, Horns? How much went into your pocket, anons?? How have your sports teams done since??? About as well as ESPN is doing right now, that's how.
>>
File: Aristocrat.jpg (22KB, 399x300px) Image search: [Google]
Aristocrat.jpg
22KB, 399x300px
>>78249077

they refuse to accept soccer as the one true religion. instead they play highschool lacrosse.

let them burn, I say.
>>
>>78261867
>rihanna and beyonce and bieber aren't merely "filling some market that would be there regardless." likewise, bullshit sjw politics in sports isn't some latent, untapped goldmine of a market. it's an agenda being pushed by those in control of the centralized, consolidated media markets. as people have tuned out of cnn/abc/msnbc/mtv/comedy central etc etc., the execs at the top just start ramming their agenda through whatever outlets are still well-watched.

Yes. I want one day to understand why top media executives started to be true believers of identity politics. Does that come from academia? HR choosing politically correct employees?

When you look at what happens with American Comics and their low sales, how game journalists hate gamers (and vice versa) and push walking simulators no one cares about...
>>
>>78262083
she's a mudshark. she is only trying to get some BBC.
>>
>>78259089
Ron Paul era got us nowhere. We couldn't even get him to win 1 fucking state. Trump took the LEft's identity politics and used it against them. Sorry but blame the liberals for Trump winning because for decades the Right has tried to avoid identity politics and lost because of it. Trump just said "fuck it, I'm gonna play dirty like them too".
>>
>>78267646
>jewery
Please do not use this word it is offensive to my culture
>>
>wh*te ""people"" will go extinct in your lifetime
>>
>>78267646
>>78280361
>>78271510
>Implying the only reason ESPN is failing is politics
They know the business model is declining and theyre grasping on to any attention they can get. Their credibility is worthless since their industry is soon to be extinct
>>
>>78251641
>jewish levels intensifies
>>
File: 1502898821083.png (231KB, 734x1110px) Image search: [Google]
1502898821083.png
231KB, 734x1110px
>>78255311
>>
>>78252659
>that meme list
holy shit nigger whats wrong with u
>>
>>78252024
Same here. I live in ventura county ca. You need to live closer to a major city.
>>
Friendly reminder that the issue is cord cutting, not ESPN's """liberal views"""
>>
>>78297985
>disgusting skinny version
fuck off
>>
>>78299120
lol have fun pushing that shit, no one's watching
>>
>>78299120
>my cable costs a lot, I should get rid of it but I need muh ESPN for muh live sports
>ESPN won't stop shoving liberal bullshit down my face though so I think I'll just go ahead and cancel anyway

ESPN's (((defenders))) refuse to acknowledge that many people are cord cutting BECAUSE the only reason they hadn't, ESPN, had gone full retard
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.