[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weirdest/worst career mode general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: mlb-2006-cover360628.jpg (95KB, 640x917px) Image search: [Google]
mlb-2006-cover360628.jpg
95KB, 640x917px
>start up career mode
>have a pretty good hitter with goodspeed, perpetual two spot hitter
>He starts off hitting around .280
>Coach is always accosting him for it, get messages like 'if you keep hitting .289 for a series I'll bench you." or "your low RBI total makes my decision to bench you easier."
>LOL what? Good average and 2nd place hitter needing to have a lot of RBIs what the fuck?
>Look at contract goals
>2nd place hitter is expected to get 110 RBIs, also expected to break stolen base record, break Joe Dimaggio's hit streak record, hit like 6 triples in one series and other ridiculous shit like that

Did the people who made this game actually know baseball? So many head scratching reprimandings and completely unrealistic goals.
>>
Oh and I can't forget
>.300 at the end of a season isn't where you need to be, continue to work on it in the offseason.
>>
The best career mode in any sports game I've played was Smackdown vs Raw 2006. Also the best General Manager mode too. You could make all the best matches, and get all the best wrestlers.
>makes Brock Lesnar
>have him wrestle and win the best championship, the WWE championship
>winds up defending the belt at wrestlemania against Undertaker
>ends the streak
One of the best sports games I've been lucky enough to play
>>
>>48928332
>Being a wizard.
>>
>RTTS, on first base
>given hit and run sign
>batter misses
>thrown out at 2nd
>benched for stealing with no green light
>takes over a month to get starting spot back

Thankfully they've removed that shit now.
>>
Not a weird career mode story,but that game froze on me so much, did it do that for anybody else?

It just froze way too much for it to be normal.
>>
>>48928892
I never go on base in RTTS. If I hit a soft single I'll just try for a double and get thrown out at second intentionally because the baserunning is boring as fuck.

Yeah I dont give a fuck about the team so what?
>>
>>48929261
laughed 2 hard at this
>>
>>48929974
fgt dog.
>>
>Fifa career mode
>Not in the mood to play an unimportant match against a lower table side
>Decide to sim it
>Lose 2-1, one of my players gets a red, three others get a yellow, another gets injured
>This happens every fucking time you sim a match

Fuck simming. Sometimes I just want to skip a damn match but it always simulates your team having an absolute clusterfuck meltdown shocker
>>
I had problems with this same game.

>Manager would always bench you, no matter how good you are.
>constantly have to beg for playing time
>as such, constantly being berated for poor averages for a series
>Get .186 and .081 in series simply because if I don't get 4 hits in my 1 appearance shit hits the fan.
>Rinse and repeat.

MLB 2006 was not made with real MLB fans in mind.
>>
>>48931769
kek.
>>
>>48931507
Same feels.
>Be playing Fifa14
>Trying to get that +1 stamina (110 matches?)
>On Bayern, facing Madrid
>Be playing second leg Champions league KO stage
>First one, 1-1 tie.
>Second leg wreck other team first half, up 4-1
>Have a goal and assists
>Request sub 60'
>Final score 5-4 Madrid
What in the actual fuck.
>>
>>48933228
>Playing career mode FIFA 13
>Playing for AUS
>Leading South Korea 2-0
>2 minutes injury time
>Subbed off at 90+1
>Sim game because only 1 minute remaining
>Final score 3-2 Korea
>How the fuck
>>
>>48937524
Realistic, soccerootards a shit
>>
>>48929439

i dont know about past games but in the show 14 you can make it so it sims you on base and you only play the batting.
>>
MLB 06 was a godless game
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.