[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do only certain fishes posess electric organs? Is it impossible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: animals-electriceel-slide3-web.jpg (49KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
animals-electriceel-slide3-web.jpg
49KB, 640x420px
Why do only certain fishes posess electric organs?

Is it impossible for land-based lifeforms to have these too?

Would they even work on land?

How much do these fishes need to eat to make up for the energy loss?

Is it possible to breed humans with electric organs?

And with electric i mean strong enough to paralyze/kill foes
>>
>>7765379
Bump
>>
You will never be a human tazer
>>
>>7765409
afaik these electric organs are basically modificated muscles. Why cant land-based lifefoms develope this.
>>
>>7765409
Why even live?
>>
>>7765379
>fishes

please leave
>>
>>7765418
Sorry
>>
>>7765379
B-Bump
>>
>>7765409
Stick a fork in a mutant electrical outlet
>>
File: I EJACULATE FIRE.jpg (20KB, 500x254px) Image search: [Google]
I EJACULATE FIRE.jpg
20KB, 500x254px
>>7765379
>Why do only certain fishes posess electric organs?
Why do only certain fishes possess organic 'lures' to fool prey? They evolved to be suitable.
>Is it impossible for land-based lifeforms to have these too?
No, anything is possible.
>Would they even work on land?
No, the eel relies on water to conduct its electric discharge. You'd have to be soaking wet at all times and slap a person with your stun-gun arm, which I think we can agree is both impractical and very silly.
>How much do these fishes need to eat to make up for the energy loss?
Thats actually a good question, I dont think it's significant though. They can keep a shock going for up to an hour without fatigue.
>Is it possible to breed humans with electric organs?
Yes, it's theoretically possible but not practical. They'd have to be engineered in a lab.
>And with electric i mean strong enough to paralyze/kill foes
Extremely impractical.
You know what WOULD be cool though? A penis that's been engineered to work like a mineral-mortar instead. Metabolize white phosphorous from bones in external testicle-like organs, keep in a neutral gel until squeezed out in the ejaculatory fashion by powerful prostate-like muscular pulses. Once the mucus evaporates, the phosphorous can become volatile midair and rain pain down on a prey animal. Sick as hell.
>>
>>7766695
You know what WOULD be cool though? A penis that's been engineered to work like a mineral-mortar instead. Metabolize white phosphorous from bones in external testicle-like organs, keep in a neutral gel until squeezed out in the ejaculatory fashion by powerful prostate-like muscular pulses. Once the mucus evaporates, the phosphorous can become volatile midair and rain pain down on a prey animal. Sick as hell.

What the fuck did I just read????
>>
>>7766695
The bombardier beetle does this although not out of his weewee
>>
>>7765379
But we are already electric OP. Haven't you heard of the nervous system?
>>
>>7766736
> And with electric i mean strong enough to paralyze/kill foes
>>
>>7766739
It's strong enough to paralyze yourself when it stops working
>>
>>7766753
What do you mean?
>>
>>7766775
seizures are just pulses of electricity.
>>
>>7766775
If your nervous system stops working you become paralyzed
>>
>>7766790
So im basically "overcharging" myself? Can my body produce that much electricity?
>>
>>7766829
Not basically overcharging yourself. Often times it's because the nervous system is damaged.
>>
>>7765379
>Would they even work on land?

No. The reason they work in the ocean is that saltwater is conductive. Air is a notoriously poor conductor.
>>
>>7766889
And if i touch my prey?
>>
>>7765409
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdmXEIUi4yM
>>
File: 1355739283325.jpg (240KB, 1100x1380px) Image search: [Google]
1355739283325.jpg
240KB, 1100x1380px
>>7766999
>>7766695
>>7766659
>>
>>7765379
drag your feet walking on carpet for a few minutes with socks on and touch a door knob. boom
>>
>>7766716
Brilliance
>>
>>7767243
Lmao.
>>
>>7767317

don't do this op.
>>
>>7768890
Will i be kill?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.