[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

let's talk pot before i begin, i'm neutral. I support

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: j.gif (463KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
j.gif
463KB, 500x363px
let's talk pot

before i begin, i'm neutral. I support legalization because I don't think the government should be someone's nanny, but I don't smoke it and think "blazeitfags" are fags.

what are the dangers of pot? I don't believe what the potfags say that it's totally harmless, but I also don't believe the government-funded researchers who say it's bad either.

set me straight, /sci/
>>
Speaking from personal experience, I use to smoke habitually and became borderline schizophanic at the time. I was never a part of the culture, I just happened to be around people who smoked a lot.

Granted, I was taking frequently vyvanse and getting high at the same time (which I'm certain is an awful, awful combination), I found myself becoming increasingly paranoid and losing touch with reality. At one point in time, I was half convinced I was a messiah at some point along with a tulpa. I was in a weird place...

My roommate, who was providing it to me, would frequently lock himself in his room and smoke several bowls while listening to GREEN AND PURPLE on repeat. Dude was convinced (for reasons I don't understand) that I was secretly plotting to kill him in his sleep.

This all went on for about 9 months. When I decided to quit, I quit cold turkey. No cravings, no lapses. It'd be about 6 months until I smoked again. Mind you, all this happened about 3 years ago, and I've maybe smoked an average of once every 2 months tops since.

Provided that these are all anecdotes, I still don't believe weed is entirely safe. I support legalization, but it really does fuck with your head after long periods of time in inperceptible ways. It wasn't until I quit that I realized exactly how fargone I'd become.
>>
>>7650643
Most things are both good and bad. Some of that can be reduced to relatively objective measures, such as compromised core functionality. Some depends on the individual's psychology or physiology. The rest is up to opinion and personal desire.

Weed is more or less the latter two. I don't like it because it separates me from the stream of my thoughts and is apt to push me into memories I don't want, then ditch me there. It also makes me burnt, stupid, and extremely afterwords. Fuck all that.

I know people who have been daily stoners for the last 40 years. Many of them show no meaningful differences when compared to other likely non-stoner populations. Though that isn't to imply major differences don't exist, it just means their mental faculties, memory, etc are intact.
>>
the dangers of pot, from more harmful to least harmful:

-smoke, its fucking bad for your health. I mean seriously bad

-it can become a bad habit, which reinforces other bad habits. you become lazier, less motivated, your short term memory becomes slightly worse. all this is reversible though (given that you are over 20 yrs old and not fucking up your teenage developing brain) and varies from person to person.

-can trigger psychotic episodes-paranoid behaviour. I put this last, because it happens to a very small percentage of users, and usually they freak out, realize pot is not for them, and never touch it again.
>>
Look at the videos from C0nc0rdance on YouTube, he makes videos based on actual research about the dangers and adverse health effects of Mary J
>>
>Weed is more or less the latter two. I don't like it because it separates me from the stream of my thoughts and is apt to push me into memories I don't want, then ditch me there. It also makes me burnt, stupid, and extremely afterwords. Fuck all that.

this.

>can trigger psychotic episodes-paranoid behaviour

and this.

I wouldn't consider my episode "psychotic", but I experienced a horrid panic attack after taking my first dab. I had been a habitual smoker for roughly 4 years at this point, but that one hit made me never look back. I realized that my faculties were still in good shape when I made the conscious realization that smoking so much was slowing me down cognitively, making me socially spaghetti, and making me incredibly lazy because of the burnout phase. When I get high I just get all weird and start to dwell on the past, and it impairs my present absolutely crumbling my confidence (hence the spaghetti). I have these thoughts occasionally like a bad memory will pop in my head here and there, but I get over it with ease and haste; however, when I'm high it just sits in my forethought until I drown it out with a benzo, booze, sleep, or any combination of the three.

The only logical decision at this point to prevent all of this was to just quit. Saves money, saves time, just about made every aspect of my life improve.
>>
Daily reminder that pot has double the ammount of benzopyrene than your average cig.

Keep that cancer coming potheads
>>
/sci/ very rarely mentions how the psychedelic side of cannabis helps with visualization and intuition of mathematical abstraction. I would have thought many on /sci/ are autistic enough to use cannabis for this purpose.
>>
>>7650823
This, smoking made me comprehend the abstractness of math. I started when I was 19 so I didn't ruin my brain. It helps my creativity in solving problems (I get caught up on some detail and can't imagine a different way).

The only downside is that it makes me super tired after a couple hours and if I start eating its hard to stop. Still not a bad trade off.
>>
>>7650781
>Keep that cancer coming potheads

The thing is, smoking pot is not associated with higher cancer rates. So maybe it "should" cause cancer, but it empirically doesn't. In science, reality trumps theory.
>>
>>7650781
>implying there isn't an easy as fuck way to filter the carcinogens
>>
>>7650871
Yes you dd ruin your brain, your brain stops developing at 25 einstein
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.