[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to git gud at poker using math?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: le chiffre.jpg (247KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
le chiffre.jpg
247KB, 680x680px
How to git gud at poker using math?
>>
>>7642029
Statistics or something, I don't know
>>
youre going to reinvent the wheel? pokeracademy software, which has done all the maths for you, is what you want.
>>
Study probability and learn to count cards. Black jack is the game with highest win ratio for the player (even though the house allways wins.)
>>
>>7642144
How do you expect me to use something when I don't know how it works
>>
>>7642223
You don't need prob to count cards, any moron can create a system. It helps though.

But most professional poker players count cards, but they know the others are also doing this shit so it winds up being a pretty strategic game.
>>
>>7642264
Tell me how and I give you a big, big kiss.
>>
>>7642029
poker is a game of deception, not statistics
>>
>>7643275
just google it
it's not some secret that only some anon on 4chan knows
google will provide faster and better answers
>>
>>7643297
Can't it be a bit of both?
>>
>>7642029
you're about 10 years too late. 2005 was the year to get good at poker, 2007-2011 were the years to milk the cow.

cow's been dead for quite some time now.
>>
>>7643297
If played right, poker is purely a game of statistics. If you play a game theoretically optimal strategy, or even a suboptimal one superior to that of your opponents, then you will win in the long term.

Everyone from my old math department used to go to Vegas a couple times a year and win their tuition. It was cool. Spread out among the tables so you're not competing with each other, meet up in a few hours for food and to compare winnings. No one who'd trained at the mathematics of it ever lost. You don't even need to worry about having tells, because you're secure in the knowledge that your calculations are sound, and even if you lose or don't win big this hand, you'll make it up soon.
>>
>>7643297
also this guy is fucking retarded. bluffing is a concept *also* based on math, not just random intuition
>>
Start computing GTO solutions for given ranges.
http://blog.gtorangebuilder.com/
>>
>>7643522
>Everyone from my old math department used to go to Vegas a couple times a year and win their tuition
How do I get smart like these people? Do you have recommendations for books, or a list of problems to practice?
>>
>>7642029
in the first place you should learn to play casually.
it has to make fun or you are propably not gonna be able to sustain playing poker.
then watch this youtube playlist from MIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTkq4OsG_Yc&list=PLUl4u3cNGP61kfOW3zAIfpNhf0piao8oo

then write some shitty programs who simulate a some parts of pokergames in a short time. then use an advanced poker program one was already mentioned here. this is how i did it.
>>
>>7643750
You make good money playing poker or no?
>>
>>7643778
lol not good money but iam winning more then iam losing.
>>
>>7643784
I am good at math now I want to git gud at poker as well so I can make a lot of money. Is that a stupid thought?
>>
Blackjack fag here, went from not playing the gam e to card counter in a few months. It's literally all practice but there is a lot of bullshit in this thread, I'll clean up.
First off ir is not like rainman, you don't walk in there card count and clean house. The advantage you have is around 1% ( assuming good rules ) and it is a long term edge. On any given night you can win or lose to a good degree due to good or bad variance. For this reason also you need a bankroll around 100x your maximum bet on your bet spread. The only secret to getting good at card counting to knowledge and practice, you don't have to be an autist or math wiz to do it. It gets old pretty fast, you pretty much play like a robot. Rules are getting worse despite the vast majority of morons out there who can't play basic strategy right.
Poker is different, it is a much more skill based game and less based on luck. Poker players do not count cards (??? saw that in a post and was super confused ). I am not as well practiced in poker but I have read some books. You are pretty much approximating your odds every step of the way and bet sizing and making play calls accordingly and determining if an action you are doing is profitable or not based on these approximations. There is much more to it but that is the TLDR.
>>
>>7642264
Counting cards is the only reliable way to advantage play blackjack, unless you manage to find a dealer that flashes their hole-card. Other AP plays are just about extinct.
>>
bimp
>>
first cut one of your eyes
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.