[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /sci/ents, me and my buddy were having a really good debate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 600px-IonringBlackhole.jpg (9KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
600px-IonringBlackhole.jpg
9KB, 600x375px
hey /sci/ents, me and my buddy were having a really good debate im sure you would apreciate

if a black hole suddenly teleported in the center of the sun, would the darkness and the light cancel eachother out? and would space be filled with aurora borealises afterwards?

please tell me, thanks
>>
*buddy and I
>>
>>7641710
huh?
>>
>>7641706
yes
>>
>>7641706
Actually to us it would look more like nothing because we'd all be fucking violently ripped apart because we'd be on the edge of the event horizon. But if you were to look at it from a distance it would look still like a black hole because of the massive gravity it creates. A common misconception is that there is darkness that resonates from a black hole it's nothing more than light being heavily distorted.
>>
>>7641723
so would that slow down global warming too? and prevent the sun from imploding/exploding in the future because it slows down?
>>
>>7641706
Also technically Aurora borealises wouldn't happen for the rest of space, only earth because we're the only ones known to have a magnetic field.
>>
>>7641706
you and your buddy should read a book before posting
>>
>>7641725
wouldn't the sun protect us from the black hole? i mean the black hole us contained in the sun in this case
>>
>>7641729

ahhh ok, i thought the sun had a magnet too
>>
>>7641731
No, the sun doesn't have the yeild to do anything to a black hole, everything it is would all be sucked and stretched endlessly into the hole
>>
>>7641730
do you any books? what should we read? i hope you dont mean together thats fucked up
>>
>>7641736
The sun doesn't have a magnetic core or any type of magnetic forces it only has super hot gasses and massive gravitational forces
>>
>>7641737
stretched? i thought it would be shrinked
>>
>>7641742
i thought it was a ball of light
>>
>>7641742
i mean Jupiter is a ball of gas to, so is a couple other planets, are they stars then to?
>>
no one is winning the debate now cause i said the black hole would suck up the light then eventually release it again, while my friend said that the light would just stop until it over powers the black hole
>>
>>7641748
No because they don't produce enough energy or heat to be a star? Does nobody read anything anymore? You have the biggest library in the history of man at your fingertips yet you choose to be ignorant.
>>
>>7641739
Watch the movie "interstellar"
It explains how these things work
>>
>>7641754
no man there really isnt a good library in my place, i think id have ti go to the city anyways and thats far
>>
>>7641755
is that the one with carl sajan?
>>
>>7641755
he walks around and talks about science stuff, i like that one but i cant remembee what happens in it
>>
>>7641759
Wow you're a special kind of stupid aren't you? I was referring to the Internet.
>>
>>7641766
man, stop being mean, thats not cool
>>
>>7641771
"hey look mama i brain gud!"
>>
>>7641778
i have brain damage you fuck
>>
>>7641718
Imagine what that sentence would look like if "and my buddy" were removed.

>hey /sci/ents, me was having a really good debate im sure you would apreciate

As you can see, it should be I, not 'me.'
>>
>>7641788
It probably is beating itself up from years of neglect
>>
File: 1430596131757.gif (2MB, 391x277px) Image search: [Google]
1430596131757.gif
2MB, 391x277px
>>7641706
>if a black hole suddenly teleported
>teleported

BS
>>
the sun is made of visible matter
a black hole is also made of visible matter
the only real difference is their density
the suns event horizon is less than its radius, whilst a black hole's event horizon exceeds its radius.

http://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/5-8/features/nasa-knows/what-is-a-black-hole-58.html
>>
>>7642034
ps, learn to google and find this shit out for yourself
>>
>>7641706
i repeatedly put my sun in your mum's blackhole and white stuff squirted out
the experiment yielded the same results across hundreds of trials
>mfw no aurora borealis
>>
>>7641706
It would be extremely painful
>>
File: asdf.jpg (27KB, 720x604px) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
27KB, 720x604px
>>7642034
Considering that a black hole's gravity is so enormous that light can't escape it, your phrase "a black hole is also made of visible matter" doesn't make sense.
Not to even mention that a black hole is literally a super dense object on an endlessly stretching sheet of rubber
>>
>>7642184
>can you not into fundamental physics?
visible matter is the stuff that's neither dark matter nor dark energy
http://www.introduction-to-physics.com/
>>
>this entire thread
>>
why does /sci/ fall for the simplest bait?
>>
>>7642152
For you.
>>
>light and darkness cancel eachother out

4/10 made me reply
>>
>>7641742
>The sun doesn't have a magnetic core or any type of magnetic forces it only has super hot gasses and massive gravitational forces
But that's not true, through.
>>
>>7641706
Well the sun emits light based on it's mass so if you had a black hole just as big as the sun it would emit just as much darkness as the sun does light but if it were smaller than the sun it would just make the sun a little darker. That's what happens in an eclipse.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.