[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>TFW you know your product is p-methylbenzaldehyde but you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Chemical Panic.png (2MB, 946x1253px) Image search: [Google]
Chemical Panic.png
2MB, 946x1253px
>TFW you know your product is p-methylbenzaldehyde but you can't justify your answer with c13 NMR analysis
>>
>>7640943
Then you don't know your product is p-methylsmhtbhfam
>>
>>7640949
>Can't read 100-level chemistry
>>>/c/
>>7640943
post that spectrum
>>
>>7640943

>>7640949 This tbhqhwy (to be quite honest with you)

Why don't you do a 2D NMR?
>>
>>7640966
Well, I also have BP, IR, Proton NMR, and derivative MP.
>>
>>7640996
So the thread is literally just you complaining about not having access to particular data that you don't actually need?
>>
>>7641003
No, the thread is he wants someone to finish his lab for him.
>>
>>7640966
The molecule is more or less flat: 2D NMR won't help whatsoever.

>>7640996
Here are some helpful questions to ask yourself to figure out what your 13C should look like:
1. How many signals do you expect to see?
2. Which signal(s) do you expect to be most diagnostic?
3. Do you see something close to those diagnostic signals?
4. (If you're really worried) does the 13C APT demonstrate the correct number of methyl/methyne and methylene/quat carbons?
>>
Can somebody explain the image in op
>>
>>7641866
organic chemistry joke.

>>7640943
you just need to look like you give a fuck.

I'm assuming you're doing Org chem practicals.

Assume the sample was contaminated, do a quick check to look at potential suspects.

Then mail to your supervisor explaining the situation and attaching graphs. Ask he if he can help.

If this is part of a thesis or indipendent project, you're screwed.
>>
>>7641893
I know it's a joke but what are the lines below the hexagons and the shapes above panic
>>
>>7641909
Its a face
>>
>>7641859
>The molecule is more or less flat: 2D NMR won't help whatsoever.
What. I mean, maybe 2D NMR won't help much in his case. But it's got nothing to do with his molecule being flat.
HMQC, HMBC, COSY, NOESY could all help in assigning proton signals to 13C signals. (NOESY probably won't be necessary.)
>>
>>7641909
They're just lines.
It's not a very creative joke.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.