[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to best study?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: wat.jpg (46KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
46KB, 400x296px
what's the best way to self-study? when i'm reading the cs/math books everything makes sense, but i can't seem to REALLY grasp the underlying principles and really move deeper. I'd hate to ask people questions and getting my hands held every couple pages just to double-check if i'm on the right track. am i just dumb? how do ya'll study and learn new concepts/theories? t-thx
>>
>>7638749
just smoke some weed
>>
>>7638749
That's a bit vague.
Anyway, after you have finished reading something, you can try solving the exercises at the end of the chapter. It can actually makes you deepen your understanding. Doing exercises is what you should have done anyway.
If you are not used to reading, then for most of the time, your thinking process will be really skewed and limited. There are things that can be seen only when you do exercise (i.e. work you brain more than reading).
>>
>>7638800

Study high
Take test high
Get high scores
>>
>>7638749
try to rederive the equations they come up with. Bonus point for deriving similar equations with slightly different conditions. You can't look at the book to do this. You have to fully understand every step you take
>>
Study during a fearful situation, like when your fight-or-flight response kicks in.

You'll remember.
>>
>>7638816
it's what i've been doing. that same recognizable mental state
>>
>>7638824
you're flight and fight responses have been proven to kick in when you smoke weed. studying high actually makes you understand the material at a deeper level and remember exactly the reason why you needed to be fearful (the real problem).
>>
>>7638806
thanks, sometimes in the beginning chapters the exercises are too "simple" so i skip them, and then they gradually get harder so i kinda lag behind, i'll try to be more thorough
>>
>>7638823
thanks, what about for topics without equations? e.g. for networking it's mostly concepts instead of calcuations
>>
>>7638824
ha i'll try this sometimes
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.