[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know how mankind has always been stopped by the fact that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

You know how mankind has always been stopped by the fact that the fastest speed communication can be achieved is the speed of light, right?

Well, what if a I was on one planet, and someone else was on another planet 1 light year away.

I have a giant 1 light year metal rod that I push back and forward to send signals to him.

Faster than light communication achieved.

I think I'll enjoy my Nobel Prize now.
>>
>>7638185

Are you the same person making this thread every day?
>>
You're literally watching VSauce right now.
>>
File: 26567802_m.jpg (235KB, 451x600px) Image search: [Google]
26567802_m.jpg
235KB, 451x600px
4CHAN WEABOO REVOLUTIONIZES MODERN PHYSICS WITH ONE WEIRD TRICK PROFESSORS DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW!
>>
>>7638188
What do you mean? I haven't been on /sci/ in a long time because of exams

>>7638190
I'm actually watching a super mario maker lets player
>>
>>7638192
Ayy Rmao anon-senpai
>>
The kinetic energy would just turn into mass somewhere along the pole.
>>
Here's a counter point:

Suppose you have a giant 1 light year long tube filled with air. You push the air inside this tube back and forth to send signals to your friend. Assume that the pressures at each end of the tube are equal.

Why won't this beat the speed of light?
>>
>>7638185

The push would still travel at the speed of light because the metal atoms of the pole are held together by the electromagnetic force, so you push the pole, your hand doesn't go through the pole because of the electromagnetic force, and the atoms at your end of the pole react to the force of your hand and push the atoms beside them, which push the atoms beside them and on and on as the pole remains a solid piece but keeps transferring the electromagnetic force down the pole moving it at the other end eventually after a year.
>>
>this thread again
Please stop desu senpai.
>>
>>7638185
>mankind has always been stopped
wat
>>
>>7638185
Good luck pushing a metal rod that is one light year long.
Light year isn't a measure of distance by the way.
>>
>>7638985
>Light year isn't a measure of distance
wut
>>
>>7638185
No bc a metal stick the length of light would become light speed because it is a light year. Pushing it would make it go the speed of light since it's a "light" year long and it wouldn't be metal anymore
>>
Is this the /sci/ equivalent of the atheist princess threads on /b/?
>>
>>7638185
Any material dense enough to withstand the stresses of being a light year long would collapse into a black hole. Even if it didn't, good luck moving it at all.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.