[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok guys, I love videogames, they're cool shit you can program

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 4life2.png (36KB, 494x534px) Image search: [Google]
4life2.png
36KB, 494x534px
ok guys, I love videogames, they're cool shit you can program your computer to do and I don't mean your average /v/ garbage.
I think games are cool software.

Anyway, I came here asking if you guys know about cool CS and math topics or just science topics that would make interesting videogames.

I want to know at least how to make my own cellular automata, what book should I read?

I'm self taugh and barely knows more advanced math than high school algebra, but I'm willing to learn.

Maybe making a game about how political ideologies propagate themselves into a society would be cool.

or some game about minerals and rocks.
>>
>>7637809
Do you know of any good game of life multiplayer game? The ones I checked weren't that good. I wish there was some kind of RTS multiplayer game of life.
>>
>>7637809
An extremely complex, text based with some visual graphics, diplomacy/political climate simulator. You start off as one country, could be our world, could also be a randomly generated one to keep things interesting, but that increases the overall complexity by huge margins, so stay on Earth for now. I guess your goal is to become the richest and most powerful country or something.
>>
>>7637925
I've made one (for 2 players)
in fact, I changed the rules of the game of life because I though it creates to few alive cells and too many dead ones.

give me a moment, I have to search where I've written the rules and translate them in english...
>>
>>7637809
beug in 4chan: I can check "I am not a robot" without doing the test
>>
>>7637809
Are you looking for help programming or more info about CA?

>Maybe making a game about how political ideologies propagate themselves into a society would be cool.
Do it up. I wish there were good games about cultural diffusion.
>>
>I want to know at least how to make my own cellular automata, what book should I read?

The first few paragraphs of the wikipedia page "cellular automaton" should be enough.
>>
>>7638081
That's the point. Checking the box is the test. Your mouse movement when you approach the box isn't the same as that of a bot
>>
>>7638142
ugh this test is worse if the automatic test fails then you gotta pick from these tiny ass images of stuff barely related.

I hate it
>>
>>7638142
ok, but what if someone creates a bot imitating his own mouse moove... is that possible? (for example seeing how he checked the box the previous time)
>>
>>7638157
i have no idea i was saying that out of my ass.
>>
File: 44chan2.png (9KB, 727x534px) Image search: [Google]
44chan2.png
9KB, 727x534px
>>7637925
>>7638079 here

rules:
two players,

a player's turn=
->the player create 4 alives cells of his color in dead cells (only 2 in the first turn)
->modification:
alive HC and touch only alive NMWC cells => dead
alive HC and touch at most one alive NMWC cell => dead
dead and touch exactly one NMWC=HC => alive HC

to win=have at least 25 alive cells at the end of your turn

NMWC(color does not matter)
HC(his color)
>>
>>7638358
forgot to say: diagonals doesn't matter
>>
>>7638079
>>7638358
That's not bad but it's similar to the other games I've seen. I really wanna take a shot at making one either a RTS or board game style. Making the game itself seems very easy.
>>
>>7638684
I can try to do that, but it will take more time
can work with you if you want
>>
>>7637809
>N-Body Simulations
Basically a simple 2D representation of gravitational interactions between bodies.
>>
>>7637809
>>I want to know at least how to make my own cellular automata, what book should I read?
Play around with this, look up what you are playing around with, most of this shit is online
http://www.mirekw.com/ca/mjcell/mjcell.html

You can program them easily in netlogo.
http://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/index.shtml

Cellular automata are really easy to understand though. You are a cell, look at the states of your neighbor, change your state depending on the states of your neighbor, next timestep, rinse, repeat

MPM-ICE would be cool to put in a game.

>>7637925
yes, but they suck.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.