[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bill Nye

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: 13-327.jpg (536KB, 1694x1860px) Image search: [Google]
13-327.jpg
536KB, 1694x1860px
Is anybody watching the premier of Bill Nye's new show on Nat Geo. Right now he is taking global warming deniers to task in a hilarious way that is still accessible to the layman. Plus an Arnold Schwarzenegger cameo.
>>
>>7630999
fuck yes!! i fucking love science!!! haha! everyday I hurry to finish my homework so I can come on /sci/ and talk about bill nye :) I love you OPi
btw I'm a grill
>>
> NASA shows that there is zero global warming
> le science meme guy with vinegar and baking soda disagrees.
Yeah, nah. I think I'll trust NASA before media monkeys.
>>
>>7631962
LOL! You're just upset because Bill Nye is like totally way cooler than you will ever be :P
>>
>IP's - 1
lmao
>>
>>7631962
That's not even what the study said.
>>
Sex me up
>>
>>7631962
?????what??????
>>
>>7630999
No, I'm not into person cults.
>>
how is he still alive? wouldn't he be over a hundred years old now?
>>
Holy shit.
What the fuck happened to /sci/?
>>
>>7632023
No idea man
I hope Hiroyuki creates a second sci board, so we can have proper discussions
>>
>>7632023

Human interests are nested. In any group large enough to be interesting, there are shitheads that everybody else wishes would just get lost. /sci/ has been interesting for awhile now, so we get posts from people like

>>7631953
>>7631967

What accelerates it is people who have no sense of identity themselves decide it'd be funny to pretend to be stupid, either not knowing or caring that making posts while pretending to be stupid promotes real stupidity.

If people were ever properly, permenantly banned for shitposting, 90% of them would say, "I shouldn't have been banned, I was shotposting *ironically."

Ironic shitposters should get ironically banned.
>>
>>7632044
Ummm excuse me. Im allowed to like science too yaknow XP. I think its so cool how we are learning how to create faster than light travel!
I cant wait till we make real TARDISes :3
Im planning to study theoretical physics at college when I finish school ;3
>>
>>7632058
>>7631953
>>7631967

Back in my days we had the decency to build decent baits kid.
>>
>>7631967
I know Bill Nye from internet memes but other than that who is he what he done for humanity why would I bother to be interested?
>>
>>7630999
>Climate Change
>Atheism
>Evolution
He's just an edgy left political pundit, he's about as real scientist as the average reddit poster.
>>
>>7630999
Nice get. Streams where?
>>
>>7632062
Bill Nye hater (i.e. young earth creationist and global warming skeptic) detected.
>>
>>7630999
Bill nye the bachelor's degree guy
>>
>>7630999
>Bill Nye The Bachelors in Mech E Guy

why? there are people on /sci/ with more education than that dude.
>>
>>7632198
But He uses smoking, your argument is invalid.
>>
>>7632009
Mr. Wizard lived pretty long too. So my n=2 study indicates that teaching science to young audiences extends one's lifespan.
>>
>>7633029
More FORMAL education. Lots of people accomplish a great deal based on what they learn from experiences outside of the classroom.
>>
>>7631962
> NASA shows that there is zero global warming
[citation needed]
>>
>>7633141
He's probably referring to the NASA data that shows the ice pact in part of Antarctica has increased this year and he is using that single data point to disprove climate change.
>>
File: 0 Warming 19 years.jpg (110KB, 800x372px) Image search: [Google]
0 Warming 19 years.jpg
110KB, 800x372px
>>7633141
It's from Satellite data.
>>
>>7633297
It's a well known cherrypicking of data. 18 years ago was unusually hot, and if you look at the data proper, you still see that upward trend.
>>
>>7633297
>Starting in 1997/1998

El Nino was unusually strong in 1998 giving a skewed data set, if you go back to just 1995 you see a warming trend.

>The winter of 1997-1998 was marked by a record breaking El Nino event
>http://www1.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/techrpts/tr9802/tr9802.pdf
>>
>>7631962
>I think I'll trust NASA before media monkeys.
Oh, so NOW sources matter? CC deniers have always led me to believe that citing a reliable source was a fallacious appeal authority.
>>
Remember to filter and report climate change deniers.

Keep /sci/ /pol/-free
>>
>>7632455
3/10 you have to be more subtle in your baiting. For instance, try using i.e. incorrectly next time or substitute something similar like e.g. or etc.
>>
>>7633133
I like this picture lol
>>
>>7630999
When's the premiere?
>>
>>7633018
That's what's always pissed me off about his followers. It is my understanding that he is famous for teaching kids about "science" and hes got the credentials to do so, but why would any grown ass human being with any sort of self respect idolize a random celebrity from a kid's science show with a bachelor's in mechanical engineering as a leading scientific figure, I've met people who have gone as far as to cite him on scientific matters, he doesn't have the credentials to do what he does, at least black science man has a PhD in his field, and if you think formal education doesn't matter in academia you're a fool. It perturbs me to think that people look to people like him and Michio Bukkake for answers.
>>
>using only a few decades of data to compare of billions
>solid proof of 'global warming'
The Earth IS getting a bit warmer and CO2 emissions from humans slightly 'cause' it.
Volcanoes are the biggest factor in 'global climate'
"Global warming deniers" are typically rational people saying it's not a big deal
Do you even historical geology
>>
>>7633156
I think it said that past calculations showing shrinking was basically false as well right? Because they didn't account for the thickness of the ice in large areas correctly or something or rather?
>>
>>7634575
I love trump too!
>>
>>7630999
>he is taking global warming deniers

>denier

religion detected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_3LgFwmxy8

just listen to the conversation. dont shut down because muh 'publican.
>>
>>7635147
Based
>>
>>7633690
Cherry picking data would get you kicked out of academia in a day.
>>
I liked him growing up, but he's such a has-been
>>
>>7637614
Pointing out that a single datapoint is unusually high, and shouldn't be used as a startpoint isn't "cherrypicking". Using that datapoint exclusively to deny a trend that's clear from any other startpoint IS.
>>
>>7633693
The man who basically started the field of climatology does not believe in anthropomorphic causes for it. Don't get all your scientific facts from TV. The hoax is continually being disproven. Everyone should have realized this once it was evident from those stolen emails that bad science and data fixing was going on. That means its illegitimate.

But nooo Al Gore and Bill Nye are the most knowledgeable right?
>>
File: GISP2 Updated Temps.png (109KB, 799x582px) Image search: [Google]
GISP2 Updated Temps.png
109KB, 799x582px
>>7633690
If you go back 4,000 years you see a cooling trend.

Warmist definitions:
Cherry picking: pointing to data which falsifies our "science"
Not Cherry picking: starting graphs of arctic sea ice levels at 1979 when there was a major maximum.
>>
File: 15 years no warming.png (4KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
15 years no warming.png
4KB, 640x480px
>>7633690
> Please ignore the El Nino!
Why don't you complain about the La Nina?

Doesn't matter, the temps are still flat if you start after the El Nino.
>>
File: No El Nino.jpg (58KB, 625x384px) Image search: [Google]
No El Nino.jpg
58KB, 625x384px
>>7633690
OK, by orders of Climate "Science" we'll ignore the El Nino.

Things are looking awfully flat.
>>
>>7638604
>>7638613

Hi guys

"El nino" means "the boy"

saying "The El Nino" is like saying "the the boy."

Please don't write "the El Nino." Just write "El Nino." or "La Nina." Bonus points if you have the key to write NiƱo, but whatever.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.