[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /sci/, I hear you're smart. If the stop request cord

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: pullcord.jpg (47KB, 497x331px) Image search: [Google]
pullcord.jpg
47KB, 497x331px
Hi /sci/, I hear you're smart.

If the stop request cord on my bus isn't physically connected to the front, how does it send its signal?
>>
>>7589627
>not physically connected
You are in a universe with no forces and have sent signals via teleportation.
>>
>>7589632
I mean there's no wire running into the wall or anything. It just looks like a cord strung up on some rings. How does it work /sci/?
>>
>>7589641
>>7589627
goddamn boy, quit being stupid.
>>
>>7589647
Tell me how it works I don't want to be stupid anymore ;_;
>>
>>7589649
IIRC on my bus the cord is connected to a device on the side of the buss near the front and back, and when pulled signals that a stop is requested.
>>
>>7589641
>rings and a cord

How is this not a physical connection to you? Its a cord probably hooked up to some lever at the front. You pull it it trips the lever.
>>
>>7589627
>>7589641
the cord is connected from front all the way to the back and to the front again
there's glass fiber inside the cord, once you pull it you are making the cord and thus the glass fiber longer
as you may or may not know, light is send trough glass fiber
each X ms a light pulse is sent trough it, as you're pulling on the cord it will take the light slightly longer to get back to the front
this delay is detected by the system that sends the light pulses
>>
There's a simple spring-loaded switch at one end of the cord. It's like a standard push-button, but I guess it's technically a pull-button. Pulling the cord moves the switch and closes a contact. A DC pulse is sent via wire (typically routed under a floor or side panel) to a buzzer or bell, and maybe to the control logic that lights up a light or whatever.
>>
The bus drivers are trained to push a button when they see a hand pull the cord.
>>
The cord is operated by a magical pixie inside the walls of the bus.
>>
>>7589662
subtle/10
>>
File: 1433829955935.png (204KB, 358x310px) Image search: [Google]
1433829955935.png
204KB, 358x310px
>>7589712
>>
>>7589712
lmao
>>
>>7589627
>how does it send its signal?
it's cordless, duh
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.