[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shrooms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 12

File: 1416870924677.jpg (114KB, 575x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1416870924677.jpg
114KB, 575x1024px
I remember a while back, someone on /sci/ claimed that taking psilocibyn-rich mushrooms helped him understand his subjects better.

Have you ever taken shrooms, /sci/? Did it help you?
>>
>>6910115
Yes, they do not help you understand any mathematical concept. I sat down and tried to think about Mathematics and Geometry on LSD. It was a total failure. There was no analytic thought, only emotion.
>>
>>6910118
Sorry, I thought you asked about LSD too. Mushrooms are more earthly, I did not try to do any math on shrooms.
>>
Actually, yeah. I was reading munkres topology while visiting a friend for shrooms (I couldn't bring my computer; thought I'd bring math texts for the downtime) and tried to read it through the comeup. It got progressively more and more boring until it was absurdly so, and I became furious at the text for being so unenjoyable. Then I noticed that I had been on the same page for about ten minutes, reading the same definition over and over in my head and willing it to make sense. I eventually gave it up and just laid on his bed until the come up was done. While walking around on those shrooms I had the worst anxiety attack of my life and asked my friend in all honesty to kill me. You might find yourself in a wonderful space if you really like what you are trying to learn and don't take enough to impair cognition, but I can't recommend. Noopept and sunifiram will be more than your best friends, however. Methylphenidate or amphetamine used sparingly are also helpful.
>>
File: tumblr_nf02q69dKf1qaihw2o1_500.jpg (120KB, 500x687px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nf02q69dKf1qaihw2o1_500.jpg
120KB, 500x687px
I've had shrooms 3 times but it was all before I started studying science and math. Science and math requires a clear mind, time, and silence. You're forcing new information into your mind. Shrooms are going to force new ideas and information into your mind from everywhere regardless of what you're doing, and it's best to capitalize on dynamics like new places and new people when you're on them. You're suppose to let your mind wander and follow it's spontaneity rather than corral it. So, if you're going to study up on math or science your mind needs to already be very agile with subject. It'll be best to have abstract and diverse things to play with rather than a bunch of similar graphs or endless text unless your mind sees underlying and unique character in each different Cartesian graph (for example) already in a very natural way with very little resistance. Like for me, though with other psychedelia, I can zone out on singular words and really see them in new abstract ways divorced from the typical automatic associations when sober, and this opens up all sorts of new pathways of interest in a wellspring fashion.

So, there are 2 problems you need to address if you want to attempt to be successful with this sort of new self-experimentation and methodology. One: you need to have some generic rituals down which cater to how your mind is going to operate without forceful guidance from the ego. The goal is knowing what objects and ideas are going to naturally relax you, stimulate you, or naturally captivate your interests like a good lover which you'll continually find news ways to appreciate, and then surround yourself with/in those things before partaking. Two: if you want to be productive prepare to document what's going to come to your mind. When you're on these drugs you're going to be a new person in a new land and you'll need to do a translation service for yourself, and that's a real and difficult art-form to master akin to writing a letter while on vacation.
>>
>>6910115
Nevermind the shrooms. I would destroy that redhead
>>
Psychedelics can grant one a new perspective on things, sure, but you're much better off reading a book than eating shrooms if it's knowledge you're after.

Moreover, as doses increase you will be more and more cut off from your knowledge database. You'll forget your name if you take enough shrooms (or that you're a human being who took a recreational dose of drugs).

I brought my TI calculator with me because I wanted to play with 3d plotting on shrooms. I took the cover off and was mesmerized by the dazzling display of different symbols and buttons. It took me a while to realize I recognized and could operate the device.
>>
>>6910582
please keep the misogyny in your pants
>>
>>6910598
doesn't know the definition of words
>>
>>6910598
Wanting to fuck women is not the same as hating women.
>>
>>6911828

if you want to fuck them that means you see them as just a piece of ass and not a human being. Women need to be treated with respect.
>>
>>6911851
dude this is the chinese cartoon science board
you're not going to convince these neckbeards anything, so you should just not stress yourself out by trying to
>>
>>6911860

just because this is a south burmese cultural arts and communications festival doesn't mean he's allowed to blatantly disrespect women like that.
>>
>>6911873
>not allowed
It's not against the rules, dude.
Save your rage for someone you can punch right in the dick.
>>
I took LSD and came out with a greater fascination with chemistry i.e. how such a tiny thing like a molecule can have such a powerful effect on my mind and body. As it's been mentioned, it was all very emotional rather than prproductive. In spite of this, it is highly recommend you try psychedelics.
>>
>>6910115
Psychedelic states are more about introspection and enjoying the altered state than learning new things for me. I'm planning on dropping two tabs of acid alone in a few hours. I have tripped alone before, but never for the full duration of the trip so I'll have to see what happens.
>>
>>6910115
Wow this gurl ist sunning.
>>
>>6911904
indeed
>>
>>6910115
I think psychedelics are better for learning to appreciate music, art, etc. If you're someone who mostly listens to more conventional music, try listening to something like Stravinsky or Throbbing Gristle while you're tripping and tell me it isn't the craziest shit you've ever heard.
>>
>>6911851
How we gonna judge a girls personality based on a single picture, genius?
>>
File: 1357054233925.jpg (99KB, 236x176px) Image search: [Google]
1357054233925.jpg
99KB, 236x176px
>>6912302
Phew, it's me, I'm four hours into the trip. Very introspective as was expected, very intense and I still have a hard time writing. Anyway I don't want to turn this into your average Erowid hippie trip story. Maybe I'll update once more before going to sleep
>>
>>6910115
i've done shrooms & LSD, both have helped me to understand the world better
>>
>>6910115

The first time I did shrooms it was a vial of shroom extract.

I had the intention of staying inside and trying to solve a few problems. I got through one pretty easily and I felt like they were helping, but I somehow ended up at the beach walking back forth through the sand.

It felt amazing.
>>
>>6912969
Nigga what acid are you taking I can't write for shit when I'm high as DICK
>>
I have a friend who does all kinds of psychedelics, including psilocibyn, and claims that they "rewire your brain." They get all their information on the subject from shitty documentaries like "The Spirit Molecule."

So, this person constantly babbles about other dimensions and completely misunderstands nearly everything. Also, she's become really confrontational and insecure since she started experimenting with the stuff. She's pretty much universally disliked by everyone that used to be her friends. It sucks. Maybe it does rewire your brain, but the only evidence I have suggests that it rewires it in a very undesirable way.
>>
>>6910118
>they do not help you understand any mathematical concept
>There was no analytic thought, only emotion
People are different in this regard also.
I've had experiences that were pure non-euclidean geometry. Here's an example:

Time took the form of an amorphous, twisting surface that could pass through itself without intersection. This surface seemed to represent a mapping of my present moment along with undetermined portions of the past and future. I was thus part of this surface very intimately, as if it was me. It crocheted itself into all kinds of bizarre hyperbolic shapes and twisted into knots unknown to existing topology. Due to it representing time, it was as if I could experience what it's like to be twisting space-time. I felt like a wormhole but even more abstract.
Now, I'm not necessarily saying that an experience like this is "analytic" but it showed me what kind of computation my brain is capable of and gave me a first-hand glimpse of n-dimensional non-euclidean geometry.
Seems like the wet dream of the geometer and topologist to me.
>>
>>6913038
i second this, anybody 4 hours into an acid trip (i.e. around the peak) who is writing with proper grammar, punctuation, etc is faking or has bad acid
>>
>>6913068
thats bullshit, it depends on the person and how experienced he is with the stuff he's using

a friend of mine takes acid atleast once a month and he might be high on it but still functions pretty much like a normal human being
>>
>>6913068
>I can't, thus no one can!
>>
>>6913038
I was actually tripping pretty hard, but the very peak of it was at around 2 -3 hours, I have been sort of coming down gently. It took me about 30 minutes to compose my last post and I'm scrambling over the keyboard to compose this one lol. I remember at one point standing naked in the bathroom with a towel in my hand just thinking "dude what the fuck are you doing?"

I would consider myself pretty experienced (this is my 6th trip).

I have no doubt that I got about 180 - 200 micrograms of decent acid.
>>
>>6912302
>more about introspection and enjoying the altered state than learning new things for me
But aren't you learning new things at a constant and unpreventable flow when in those altered states?
>>
>>6913165
Well, you are and you aren't. For me the flood of information has seemed too overwhelming and LSD kind of removes filters that are necessary for day to day learning and memory.
>>
File: 1412905932146.jpg (22KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1412905932146.jpg
22KB, 500x385px
>>6913068
>>hasnevertripped.jpg
>>
>>6910115
No, not really. With shrooms you sometimes feel more connected with your surroundings (the ego is somewhat destroyed), like been unified with nature/space/whatever and you don´t feel like talking or "thinking in words", more like just experiencing some more basic primitive instincts/senses, which sometimes is what you need. Complex rational thinking is not really enhanced. It is a great experience though (when you can let yourself go without resistance).
>>
>>6913165

wot?

I don't think 'learning' is the word I'd used to describe what happens during mushroom/acid trips. For me, the 'trip perspective' is just that... a new, different, more detached perspective (not necessarily clearer), in which ideas that you've considered sober can hit you much harder.

The difference between thinking about something sober and thinking about it during a trip is similar to the difference between being given advice, and being taught a lesson through experience. You might know and understand that you're just a stupid monkey clinging to the surface of a miniscule rock with a thin veneer of life, hurdling through the vacuum of space for the duration of your short and meaningless existence... but on mushrooms, you FEEL it.
>>
>>6910598
>tumblr
>Not. Even. Once.
>>
>>6913196
>>definitely isn't an anxious person

I would like to throw in that, as someone who probably has an anxiety disorder, tripping is, for me, not something I would ever describe as 'relaxing'. I love it and I've had many powerful, worthwhile experiences with psychedelics, but my mind only gets more chatty.
>>
>>6910115
helped with life in general
>>
File: david_byrne-11.jpg (47KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
david_byrne-11.jpg
47KB, 500x361px
>>6912302
>>6912969
>>6913152
Holy shit it's been hard to keep track of time, but I think I managed to tag all my earlier posts

I just came back from the gas station nearby, purchased some cigarettes... It's been what... 6 or so hours and I am definitely coming down now. I feel like I need sleep, but I am still too restless. I wish I could still see some of the more vivid visuals, but they are subsiding. I feel grateful, but tired... I keep writing unncessary shit at the end, but I guess I have nothing profound to say to end the post lol.
>>
I've never done physics on acid or shrooms, but I have definitely had some worthwhile experiences on both of them ub related to educational topics. My first experience with shrooms was at a My Morning Jacket concert and it had to be the most transcendental most angelic experience of my entire life. Being separated from ones identity is quite astounding to say the least. Also suggest going out and experiencing the wilderness or a forest or the woods just something away from civilization while tripping.
>>
The only PEDs for science and math are stimulants
>>
>>6913068
>>6913193

i took two tabs of LSD once at my friends place then when I came home I tried to post on 4cha but all the letters and words flew off my screen.

I shit you not.
>>
well, psychedelics in general helped me in life... in general
>>
>>6913193
>hasnevertakenmorethan150ug.jpg
>>
>>6913306
You didn't take enough if you can write.
>>
File: ancient-aliens-guy.jpg (25KB, 553x484px) Image search: [Google]
ancient-aliens-guy.jpg
25KB, 553x484px
>>6913309
Not to steer this thread into the "OMG I LISTENED TO THIS ONE SONG AN ACID AND IT WAS AMAZING" territory.... but a friend had me listen to Victory Dance (for the first time) while I was tripping. I was in a trance.
>>
>>6911851
>being this new

>>6911860
>being from /fit/
>>
>>6913509
>>6913559
I am my personal god on a dose of 300ug. Why wouldn't a god be able to handle writing, with all those godly GHz?
>>
>>6910115
>leading a thread with a pic like this
>not giving sauce
0/10 not even going to talk about shrooms
>>
>>6912968
This is why god gave us drugs, to help us see the inner beauty of others! Either that, or... he was stoned.
>>
>>6914037
>
Mu is alt-gr + m. It IS a science board after all :P
>>
>>6914037
yeah whatever if you can write you took too little, period

only heroic doses matter when taking a psychedelic that allows you to take such doses

go have a fun on a shitty little dose when you have some shitty phenetylamine that only allows you to have some colourful, sour thoughts with tons of laughs. could just as well get high on weed.
>>
>>6913047
Damn, I wish I was able to trip on arbitrary manifolds.
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
During my second bout with shrooms, I thought I might try studying some microbiology with a buddy. We ended up watching Band of Brothers and believing we were in the Battle of the Bulge with Foxhole Norman leading the charge.

Couldn't sleep either (at least I couldnt). Hallucinating like a motherfucker when I closed my eyes. Ended up staying awake for the entire night while my friend apparently slept on my bed (I had somehow relocated myself to the floor)

>mfw Battle of the Bulge
>>
>>6915447
Forgot to add: when trying to read the micro notes I had, the words seemed to "slip" around. Couldn't keep myself focused and it only tripped harder when I went for a smoke.
>>
>>6910598
fuck out ah here
>>
>>6911851
troll or downs sjw
>>
File: hominidparty.jpg (1MB, 2000x1328px) Image search: [Google]
hominidparty.jpg
1MB, 2000x1328px
>>6910147
>Shrooms scared me
>Meth is the best i love it

Bro, if you have a bad trip it's because you have some unresolved issues you aren't willing to face. I have intense anxiety too but not when I take psychedelics. When those topics that bring anxiety are being examined in the altered concious state I have no control to shut them away. To the person that is actively working on their mental health it becomes a very pure moment of introspection that helps you learn about your issues. To the person that is afraid of his issues and hides them away even from himself this uninhibited moment of self review turns into a nightmare.

Think of what speed does to your mind. Sends it spiraling away into activity. No moments for deep introspection. It makes sense why someone might be drawn to that if they want to escape. If you want to explore you take that psychedelic ride.
>>
>>6914849
I don't see why someone couldn't. If it doesn't happen by itself try dedicating yourself to it while laying in the dark.
>>
>>6915854
what were your unresolved issues?
>>
File: hominid busts.jpg (35KB, 636x374px) Image search: [Google]
hominid busts.jpg
35KB, 636x374px
>>6915864
A myriad of issues. Childhood abuse. Developmental physical abnormalities causing some intense memories of social rejection and the anxiety it'll happen again.

Most interesting is an endocrine disorder I just recently learned I had. The endocrine system being the producer of major hormones when disrupted at any of it's glands can cause depression and emotional instability and cognitive decline. Going through that but not knowing the reason was scary as all hell as I questioned my sanity and reason for living.

Anyways, I found a lot of help through the minor psychedelic, cannabis (large and small doses). Haven't tried any other types yet but getting myself ready to.
>>
>>6915911
Im glad you made it /sci/ bro.
>>
File: hominid skull comparison.jpg (85KB, 708x1000px) Image search: [Google]
hominid skull comparison.jpg
85KB, 708x1000px
>>6915975
Thanks. Do my thoughts make any sense? I feel still new to this spectrum of sanity.
>>
>>6913068
I took ~75 micrograms once and could do pretty much everything normally, it just took way longer because I was caught in the beauty of everything.
>>
>>6916002
IMO you seem to have developed a strong sense of self, and appear to be less preoccupied with other peoples opinions. I consider this a step up. This frees up a ton of time and eliminates a large source of stress. Most other people I've met in my life are not so aware/fortunate.
>>
>>6915911
Dude, I'm totally the same.
>>
File: Knowdowns_dont_defineus.jpg (123KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Knowdowns_dont_defineus.jpg
123KB, 720x720px
>>6916046
Thanks again bro. You just summed up a lot of the progress I've felt.

>>6916106
With the issues and endocrine disorder?
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.