[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, please help me. I'm about to crack the so far uns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 57

File: zodiac map.png (485KB, 696x273px) Image search: [Google]
zodiac map.png
485KB, 696x273px
Guys, please help me. I'm about to crack the so far unsolved 18 last letters of the Zodiac killer's first letter.

This one:
>EBEORIETEMETHHPITI

I'm so close, you guys. It's all lining up. It's all coming together.

The only thing I need to know is why this
>http://www.acronymfinder.com/~/search/af.aspx?Acronym=VWYP&string=zip
brings me to San Francisco. Why "VWYP" brings me to San Francisco when entered in the location finder on acronymfinder.

I can't see anything related to those four letters, except (Los) Vaqueros Watershed being nearby (VW), which undoubtedly is going to tie it all together (murder at VW hinted in decryption).

But why this? Those were the only four letters I couldn't make sense of (I thought), but trying to find out if it's an acronym, I entered it in the location search, and it brought me exactly here, of all the places in the world.

Please help me understand, /sci/. I don't know where else to turn but here. I'm so close, /sci/.

>VWYP
>>
Is it even objective? Does it take you guys to San Francisco too?
>>
>>6770010
It puts me in Tracy. West Valley Mall? I can't tell how this thing operates.
>>
>>6770029
Yes, Tracy!

I just can't figure out what the relationship between VWYP and Tracy is. Or how this guy found these letters. Almost like he knew that fucking acronymfinder would lead me there. Simply typing it into Google Maps doesn't work.

I might have to find some numeric values, maybe there are plain and simple coordinates or an area code in there that acronymfinder.com can detect for some reason. On it.
>>
zdHTn+D52S9rlcQhMzkhv/dYupHQmJ4hMTYwISvlFZLMITkhxkiBse3j/82TW4/CSu48Ffvh1V5lU2bsST/GfnVaMPZuv1D6ryV3+gJ7njHYr+UVAzYlwDiqGOIEXjkhMzkh/XK4d5WxVaOxrbKeWrXWj+bczTbeM+tdynSd1ushMzkh3iBwPTTW0h2FdEydCCExMSEZenUE4gb5E3+8ZhY6j4Pj6kGNff2fvwGIBhHLZg==

>Securing credit for solution
>>
>only cracking part of an encrypted message
impossible, either you solve the whole message or you've solved none of it
>>
>>6770063
No, friend. That's the mentality that has kept everyone from solving this.

The first part has already been cracked, and I used the information in the decrypted part to crack the last line that has been assumed to be gibberish, but it's not. It's the next lead, you guys. It's real.

I need to learn about radials and shit now. Trying to figure out the inner workings of VWYP now.

Also, you just have to be creative in this case. This guy was a narcissist who spent his time making up le elaborate and clever steps.
>>
Could be a surveying/map code of some sort? At my work we use a set of maps which covers an entire Canadian province. These are coded according to a grid, where each map is given an alphanumeric identifier and covers an area the size of a few city blocks. (Probably longitude/latitude based, now that I think about it.) Does anyone in California/this area have similar things? State land office? Utilities?
>>
>>6770063
Also, obviously the entire message is cracked. VWYP IS decrypted now. I just need to find out what's so special about it and why it took me exactly where I wanted on the world map. Probably a third level of encryption.
>>
>>6770074
>Also, obviously the entire message is cracked. VWYP IS decrypted now.
how do you know VWYP is the correct decryption?
>>
>>6770084
Did you read the OP? VWYP is the remaining part of the decrypted message, which is otherwise grammatically correct (and much longer than 18 letters).

>[GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT MESSAGE VWYP]

VWYP took me to Tracy in San Francisco. It's very close to the center of Zodiac's map. If you read a little bit about this map you'll understand the significance of this one location when you have the information I have.
>>
how soon are you going to solve it cuz I have to eat dinner son
>>
>>6770126
It's pretty much solved, I just need to know exactly the inner workings of VWYP so I can find the values to use in Zodiac's radials.
>>
>>6770005
Hey good luck with all that deciphering stuff, man. I'll be watching this tread, for sure! Wish I could help, man. Grew up in the city (the sunset) and this guy (the zodiac) used to creep us the fuk out.

Even to this day no one has ever been caught or proven to be the killer DNA evidence or otherwise. It's been widely disputed who the "actual" killer was. Most believe he was some autist molester dude who died a few years back, But who really knows?
>>
>>6770097
the existence of the grammatically incorrect portion suggests that you haven't found the correct key, even though the rest of the message appears to be correct
>>
>>6770005
Does it have anything to do with the misspelled letters in the deciphered message?
>>
>>6770167
No, believe it or not, all errors in that letter were intentional and necessary.

>>6770170
Yes. They are elementary. There's actually several layers to this. First you decrypt it and find a message with 18 signs. Then you perform another step to unfold this message, kind of like a new dimension to it. All those people saying he was just a poor speller, and that he was just using up the space for esthetic reasons. No faith.

>>6770146
Thanks. I'm never on /sci/, though, so how long do threads usually last before 404?
>>
>>6770175
>No, believe it or not, all errors in that letter were intentional and necessary.
how do you know? did you write the message?
>>
>>6770170
A lot of misspelled letters in the ciphered part.
Therevs an extra R, and an I is missing and he used the following:
EAITECIAG

Instead of the correct ones:

SITSWSN
>>
>>6770175
Oh I missed this. Ty
>>
>>6770175
its a very slow board.
>>
>>6770177
Just leave.

>>6770179
Already thought about it and figured it out. No need to point these things out. THE MESSAGE IS SOLVED. I now need to understand this 4 letter (apparently:) area code so I can solve this little radial riddle.
>>
>>6770179
Fuck I missed a few. Anyway, I find this very interesting. I have read a bit about the Zodiac killer before. Sooo many ppl before you have written about ZK, tried to figure stuff out, made web pages, and finally have said it is all a wild goose chase that will leave you crazy, but I'm still rooting for you OP
>>
>>6770190
But no one has ever found the encrypted message I found. If this fails, he either designed a dead end, he made mistakes, or there was an astronomical coincidence, a probability much smaller than winning the lottery, probably twice in a row. No time to calculate probabilities. I might be able to use this to solve the second part now.
>>
>>6770189
you don't know and cannot that you have a properly solved message.

if you really want to waste your time, go ahead, but don't say we didn't warn you
>>
>>6770175
>Thanks. I'm never on /sci/, though, so how long do threads usually last before 404?
A day or more
>>
so what was the intelligable message in the undecyphered part other than VWYP?
>>
>>6770206
I guess, but if you solve it and end up with the entirety of Lord of the Rings, you can be pretty sure that you've solved it correctly. Gandalf doesn't appear by chance.

>>6770218
Cool. I'll be focusing on this only tomorrow and post any discoveries here.
>>
>>6770195
What mesage did you get?
>>
>>6770257
If I told you that, working your way backwards would be easy and someone would take the glory away from me. All I want to say about that is that it's a crappy attempt at sounding poetic. He was clever, though, because he found an elaborate way of shoving lots of information in that 18 characters long string.

But yeah, he had limited space to work with, so it's a short message with some alliteration to sound poetic.
>>
>>6770268
Also, I mean it proves that it was indeed Arthur Leigh Allen, although some tards on /b/ disagree because the DNA samples from the letters didn't match.
>>
>>6770262
if you ended up with the entirety of the lord of the rings, maybe. if you ended up with half the lord of the rings and then four chapters worth of gibberish, no.
>>
>>6770276
But I didn't end up with any gibberish.

I just now found out Tracy (which VWYP refers to) was the place where he drove around with the baby and the mother.

I can't believe this is actually happening to me.
>>
>i have vital information that can solve a crime and i need 4chans help but im not going to share anything because of muh glory
>>
>>6770297
Yea OP, just get a trip code and prove you're the OP.
>>
>>6770286
>the so far unsolved 18 last letters of the Zodiac killer's first letter.
>>
>>6770005

Hey Op, Did You Crack The Case.. ? :^)
>>
>>6770306
What are you quoting? I decrypted the message. It hasn't been decrypted until now.

>>6770297
They're fucking dead, guy.

OP here.
>>
so whats the intelligable part?

you dont have to give us word for word

paraphrase, what does it say?
>>
OP I have some time to kill do you want me to look over anything?
>>
>>6770332
not op, but the letter basically says
>I kill people for fun and when I die they will become my slaves in the afterlife. I will not reveal my name because I don't want people to slow me down.
From then on, its just these 18 letters
>>
>>6770332
It describes very briefly the encounter with a woman in "Blue Rocks" (Blue Rock Springs). She was feeding fish in a little pond or something. I don't know the story around this encounter, whether it was a murder or what, but that's what it says. It concludes with the VWYP letters pointing to Tracy, which is where he drove the woman and baby around.
>>
>>6770345
Everybody knows that part.
>>
>>6770351
Bullshit
>>
>>6770351
Confirming, forgot trip.

Also, I got the impression that it confesses to the Blue Rock Springs murder, and I was under the impression that Arthur Leigh Allen was proven to be the murderer.
>>
>>6770353
Whatever, leave the thread then.
>>
Magnus Bakke
O. M. v. 65
79+5 60+2 H

Putting name on thread.
>>
>>6770356
No, you leave. Faggot.
>>
File: 1353382562817.jpg (122KB, 431x415px) Image search: [Google]
1353382562817.jpg
122KB, 431x415px
>>6770005
>mfw Op accurately decodes the incoherent ramblings of a violent schizophrenic.
>>
>>6770365
Now that that's done can you tell us what you have?
>>
>>6770373
There are still pieces to the puzzle. Just let me glue everything together. I will probably release all the information by tomorrow night, but I want to do it properly.
>>
File: aqszhwu1rwo.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
aqszhwu1rwo.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>6770365
Op, I may have found a solution that will help with the cypher.

It goes with how Zodiac wrote his letters, not the encryption itself. My observation could be the reason why no one has been able to decipher it.

Want to hear?
>>
>>6770382
Forget your trip again you lying sack of cum?
>>
>>6770389
I keep having to enter it again. And I'm not a lying sack of cum, I'm being honest. And I'm gonna pull an all-nighter, because this is too important to ruin with sleep.
>>
YOU WON'T FIND ME I'M IN PARADICE RAPING MY LSAVES FK U OP
>>
>>6770391
lol, 10/10 for knowing that much about the Zodiac.

he was batshit, wasn't he?
>>
>>6770390
Op, answer
>>6770388
>>
>>6770394
Missed it.

>>6770388
Sure, tell me.
>>
File: uncracked-zodiac-letter.jpg (75KB, 468x654px) Image search: [Google]
uncracked-zodiac-letter.jpg
75KB, 468x654px
>>6770395
Okay, have you ever noticed how Zodiac writes his letters as if they were written on a grid (like graph paper).

I don't think he did it to look "pretty", he was organizing it. When a letter is written on a grid, you don't have to read it left to right, you can read it vertically or in a spiral going around the page.

It would make someone decipher the first line accurately, then disregard the rest as they moved to the second line. It would make people give up or assume they were wrong.

>Protip: "KILL" is the rosetta stone of a Zodiac letter. It's his favorite word.
>>
>>6770403
Thanks, I will keep this in mind when I give the second part a try. This wasn't the case this time, though, and I also couldn't figure out anything by looking for double Ls and such, as that didn't imply that they would be the same after decryption.
>>
File: slaletter.gif (75KB, 640x419px) Image search: [Google]
slaletter.gif
75KB, 640x419px
>>6770403
"The next letter arrived at the Chronicle on February 14, 1974, seven days after the Symbionese Liberation Army had kidnapped Patty Hearst"

pic related
>>
File: uncracked-zodiac-letteroverlay.jpg (236KB, 468x654px) Image search: [Google]
uncracked-zodiac-letteroverlay.jpg
236KB, 468x654px
>>6770410
Here's an example of a possible "reading path" you might take. Don't go off on a wild goose chase, but it might explain why it's uncracked.
>>
>>6770412
I haven't read about Z¤K in a long while, but I sincerely thought any "ZK" letter sent after 1970 equals hoax, fake or coots. Am I wrong?
>>
File: zodiac-halloween-1-sm.jpg (42KB, 350x280px) Image search: [Google]
zodiac-halloween-1-sm.jpg
42KB, 350x280px
>>6770420
>>
>>6770420
if his last known number of kills was 37, and they've only found a hand full of them.. and we can't even decrypt all of his ciphers.. what's to say he's still not going?

Maybe once the cipher is cracked, new evidence will lead to 200 bodies or connection to other unsolved serial killings
>>
>>6770418
Yeah, judging by the honestly childish method he used on this one, that's definitely something he could think of doing. I also think that the way this one was solved will be similar to the second part's method.
>>
>>6770428
I'll leave it to the Zodiac case experts to decide what this message proves and doesn't prove, but I think you could say it has the same function as when he described the way the dead people were lying on the crime scene and stuff to prove he was there.
>>
>>6770429
imagine people giving up because they decrypted the first line then the second line is "wrong".

We both know Zodiac wasn't satisfied by how people decrypted the first letters. He wanted to spice it up and this is a novel way of looking at it.

I might be wrong.

>shrugs
>>
File: 1406794434494.jpg (20KB, 258x196px) Image search: [Google]
1406794434494.jpg
20KB, 258x196px
Found you!
>>
>>6770428
>what's to say he's still not going?
age. Zodiac is fucking dead.
>>
>>6770428
>Maybe once the cipher is cracked, new evidence will lead to 200 bodies or connection to other unsolved serial killings
>you are now aware that dozens of unidentified murdered women are found in LA county every month.
>No one cares because they are "illegals" or "run aways".
>>
>>6770437
Why?
>>
>>6770443
what if the cipher leads to a location with another cipher
>>
>>6770429
>Yeah, judging by the honestly childish method he used on this one, that's definitely something he could think of doing.
I only suggest this because it looks like it was written on a grid. Why would he do that? Why bother?

here is what I understand is an "earlier" letter.
>>
File: fairfield.jpg (52KB, 609x618px) Image search: [Google]
fairfield.jpg
52KB, 609x618px
>>6770450
forgot pic.
>>
>>6770449
The cipher leads to Tracy. But there's probably additional information to find. There's "new" I guess information about one encounter with him, but I'm betting this method of decryption will be closer to the one needed on the second part. That's the most important thing about this.
>>
>>6770454
Gah, these letters always give me the heebie jeebies.
>>
>>6770449
you hope not. Shit doesn't last unless his message is carved in stone.

Ignore "what ifs" you have to work only with what you see.
>>
>>6770457
I think they are sad.

and insane.
>>
>http://empirenews.net/hollywood-shocker-gilligans-island-star-discovered-to-be-zodiac-killer/

I found him guise
>>
File: 1409105950239.jpg (38KB, 378x504px) Image search: [Google]
1409105950239.jpg
38KB, 378x504px
> mfw I'm in Merced for a few days and drove thru Tracy
>>
Dont waste your time OP, this shits already sorted:
http://empirenews.net/hollywood-shocker-gilligans-island-star-discovered-to-be-zodiac-killer/
>>
>>6770478
:^)

Also, thread on
>>>/b/570124517
It's /b/, but it's moving fast.
>>
File: grid-na.gif (75KB, 1528x936px) Image search: [Google]
grid-na.gif
75KB, 1528x936px
>>6770005
>>
>>
>>6770503
Fuck, so many little clues everywhere to save.
>>
File: public.jpg (21KB, 316x252px) Image search: [Google]
public.jpg
21KB, 316x252px
>>6770519
That personal ad was placed in the paper a day after the death of an interesting suspect Fred Manalli.

There is also a truly compelling case for Ted Kacyznski being the Z.
>>
Well, if anyone can figure out how "VWYP" contains the coordinates of Tracy, SF, you're the best.

>http://www.acronymfinder.com/~/search/af.aspx?Acronym=VWYP&string=zip
>>
>>6770541

Are there Volkswagen dealerships in Tracy?
>>
>>6770550
I think so, but trust me, I've looked at all the anagrams.

Zodiac came up with VWYP as coordinates himself. So it's not some modern acronym, it's definitely related to geography/cartography.
>>
You'll probably not get your answer tonight.
>>
I'm just spitballing ideas OP...

Maybe I'm retarded

VWYP

Could the "VW" be reverse for "West Valley"????

That would mean that the pattern would be for the "YP" portion. So could it be that "PY" could be significant?
>>
Volkswagen San Francisco
280 S Van Ness Ave
San Francisco, CA 94013
>>
>>6770550

there is one, claims to be 40+ years old on its website
>>
>>6770005
So what is the site's basis for connecting the location of Tracy to the letters "VWYP?"

And what is your basis for thinking that connection was intended by Z?

And are you saying you have deciphered the letter differently than previously? As in a whole new message? Or simply the remaining 18 letters?

If the latter, are you saying you deciphered 18 letters except for 4 of them? 11% of the small sample size cannot be clearly deciphered? So you took the 18 remaining letters and deciphered it to still have a remainder of 4? That doesn't seem like a solution at all.
>>
>>6770576

this?
2605 Auto Plaza Way
Tracy, CA 95304
(888) 486-1641
>>
>>6770580

Nevermind, I tried to go to vwtracy.com and it redirected me to tracyvw.com which is based in MA. My bad
>>
File: vwyp.jpg (94KB, 771x287px) Image search: [Google]
vwyp.jpg
94KB, 771x287px
http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/geocoder/

OP
searching VWYP on this geocoder puts a pointer on a Union Pacific Railroad track in Tracy
perhaps it's a railroad marker?
>>
>>6770593
yunion pacific could be another typo
>>
On wikipedia,
"On the night of March 22, 1970, Kathleen Johns was driving from San Bernardino to Petaluma to visit her mother. She was seven months pregnant and had her 10-month-old daughter beside her.[31] While heading west on Highway 132 near Modesto, a car behind her began honking its horn and flashing its headlights. She pulled off the road and stopped. The man in the car parked behind her, approached her car, stated that he observed that her right rear wheel was wobbling, and offered to tighten the lug nuts. After finishing his work, the man drove off; yet when Johns pulled forward to re-enter the highway the wheel almost immediately came off the car. The man returned, offering to drive her to the nearest gas station for help. She and her daughter climbed into his car.

During the ride the car passed several service stations but the man did not stop. For about 90 minutes he drove back and forth around the backroads near Tracy. When Johns asked why he was not stopping, he would change the subject. When the driver finally stopped at an intersection, Johns jumped out with her daughter and hid in a field. The driver searched for her using his flashlight telling her that he would not hurt her, before eventually giving up. Unable to find her, he got back into the car and drove off. Johns hitched a ride to the police station in Patterson.[8]"
>>
You better delete this thread
>>
>>6770601
y?
>>
>>6770005

OP, where in the Zodiac letters, did you find "VWYP"??
>>
>>6770627
The first cipher was deciphered leaving 18 letters at the end.

OP thinks he deciphered those 18 letters to make a message save for 4 letters which are VWYP.
>>
>>6770634
Well, that doesn't make any fucking sense unless the letters "VWYP" are next to each other.

If we could get OP's message, we could make more sense of this.

Also, the Zodiac Killer wrote top to bottom starting from the top right didnt' he?
>>
I'm starting to think this is a dead-end.
>>
>>6770642
OP has abandoned this thread for his /b/ thread.

He won't reveal his supposed solution.

And no, I don't think Z did.
>>
>>6770651
I'm back, guy. It's not night yet. It's early in the morning. Day 2 has begun. Don't be so impatient.

I want to do this properly and thoroughly. I hope you can understand that.
>>
>>6770649
It's not a dead end. It's pretty much completely solved. But before releasing the message and method, I want to analyze the coordinates of everything, maybe try to apply this to the map Z made with 0 on magnetic north.

>>6770642
Type "VWYP" in here:

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/geocoding-simple

I was disappointed about VWYP too, until I by accident stumbled upon a "location search" alternative on a crappy little website and it took me to Tracy, confirming that the decryption is indeed correct.
>>
>>6770005
OP search BORTH it is a company in lakeport,ca

I will not reveal how i got that but its a pain
and i dont want to explain but that should help
>>
>>6770673
pardon me it is BORT
>>
File: Z symbol.jpg (8KB, 260x164px) Image search: [Google]
Z symbol.jpg
8KB, 260x164px
>>6770666
>666

I didn't say anything about night. And I'm fine with you not revealing your supposed solution.

It's interesting that you don't know much at all about the case. I think this can be beneficial in decoding since you are less likely to very biased. Every internet expert on the subject has their personal person of interest and manipulates information consciously and unconsciously to fit their POI.

However, there is a ton of valuable information about the case you are unaware of that could help solve your "VWYP" problem.

You may want to go on some of the sites' forums and read some code theories, Mt. Diablo threads, etc.
>>
You haven't posted evidence that you have anything at all, so I don't think you do.
>>
File: bort.jpg (15KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
bort.jpg
15KB, 320x240px
>>6770675
>>
>>6770675
and where was itchy and scratchy land
right out side san francisco
in a little place called
"Springfield"

We are getting close
>>
>>6770570
I don't know how this geocode system works, but if it's named after the watershed thingy near Tracy. (Los V????? Watershed)

>And what is your basis for thinking that connection was intended by Z?
Why do I keep having to answer this?

Please refer all future questions of this nature to this post.

The message was decrypted. The result was a coherent, relevant message describing an event around Blue Rock Springs. The 4 letters remaining, although decrypted, didn't make sense to me. Until I entered them into the geocode finder on that acronym website, and it took me directly to Tracy, which, as it turns out, was the scene of the crime he basically challenged SFPD to prevent.
>>
File: 342343423.png (102KB, 1316x625px) Image search: [Google]
342343423.png
102KB, 1316x625px
>>6770704
>>6770689
also the triangle thing again as it was in tracy
>pic related
>>
>>6770677
But it has to be simple. Google's geocode service shows that VWYP is Tracy. So there has to be a pretty simple system here. And I'm guessing that the killer had military training enough to be familiar with this system.
>>
Could there be any possible connection in astrology, positioning of stars, etc?

I assume it's already something that has been researched before.

Just throwing it out there with the possibility of new code floating around.
>>
>>6770723
OR... or... here's an idea... you are giving undue significance to strained conjecture and coincidence.
>>
fucking thread on /b/ was deleted
>>
>>6770743
It hit autosage, since their limit like here is 300 posts, i hope OP either links us to the new one or continue the research in the calm waters of /sci/
>>
File: yw.jpg (684KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yw.jpg
684KB, 1920x1080px
see this is the same spot zoomed out

you guys are getting auto corrected results to that railroad crossing

"YW" is some kind of identifier for San Fran though and you guys are most definately on the right track but that crossing in tracy is a false lead.
>>
>>6770748
>>>/b/570154525
>>
>>6770749
Why do you keep on? He has already found all this, he knows the georefs now. Give it a bloody rest!
>>
>>6770740
Retard. You aren't even looking at the solution.

Again:
>[COHERENT MESSAGE, COHERENT MESSAGE, COHERENT MESSAGE VWYP]
>VWYP???
>wat
>Google: Hey, anon, VWYP is a geocode for Tracy, where the Zodiac killer was planning on killing a mother and her baby but failed
>and drawing a line from Tracy to Mt. Diablo, the center of Z's map, even has the same mathematical relationship to the rest as the other crime scenes have
>:DDD
>>
>>6770784

Neither are you.
>>
>>6770784
>refuses to acknowledge or unable to see flaws in his own logic
>"solution" full of arbitrary rules which are broken as quickly as baselessly established and farfetched acronyms just like every other person who claims to have solved this case
>plus geocodes

also
>getting this upset
>behaving like a child
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2pBaxng2Xc&feature=youtu.be
>>
sooooo anything? cuz on /b/ they seem to either be getting on your nerves or exposing a big fault
>>
>>6770603
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>6770798
>refuses to acknowledge or unable to see flaws in his own logic
There is no flaw. Point out the flaw. Your logic is flawed. If you're given a seemingly random sequence of letters and you test a key on it and you're given this:

>HELLO MY NAME IS ANON I HID A BODY VWYP

What do you assume? Do you assume the key was wrong? Or do you see what kind of significance VWYP might have? I did, and it turns out, perfectly convenient, that the first thing I find is that it's a geocode for Tracy.

See the logic? Good.

>arbitrary rules
How? There are no arbitrary rules. The process was smooth. The same rules were applied to everything. And it revealed the answer, with a geocode (that by an astronomically small chance happened to be in Tracy).

You know, just like how they deciphered most of it and it turns out there were 18 independent characters at the end. I solved them and there were 4 independent ones at the end. The solution to those 4 is that they are a geocode. See the pattern? Good.

>plus geocodes
He used a whole arsenal of mapping techniques.

>>6770786
But I am. That is a fact.

Jesus, you guys sure are quick to jump to conclusions for a "science" board, huh?
>>
>>6770838
I'm rooting for you OP. Just ignore the skeptics and keep chugging away. Even if you are faking this is a fun ride and everyone should just enjoy it and see where it goes instead of trying to shit all over you.
>>
File: 931536-circle_game.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
931536-circle_game.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
view the video, I honestly think it has the map pegged.
>>
File: image.jpg (7KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7KB, 150x150px
Wandered here from the thread on /b/.

Less pre-teen autism here.

Godspeed based OP.
>>
>>6770824
>>6770824
>>6770824
>>
>>6770824
no part 2?
>>
Can't judge people for being skeptical. Just don't be so fucking negative.

I'll be applying this method to some other stuff and see if it works.
>>
>>6770838
If you try hard enough you can create an algorithm that will turn those letters to whatever you want them to be. Would that be the "right answer" too?
>>
>>6770877
If that's the case, it sure is nice to have a little unfamiliar remainder at the end to confirm it, huh? Like the key to solving a separate, smaller cipher, things like that. We'll see.
>>
how long will this thread last? i want to go to fuckin sleep
>>
>>6770824
This is amazing! Are you the guy that made this? I notice the vids are private so if you aren't him you probably know him. We'll awesome job either way, you've convinced me.
>>
>>6770878
What are you talking about? Do you seriously believe the fact that there is a piece that doesn't follow the rules inside a piece of a cipher that doesn't follow the rules PROVES those rules are correct? This is bullshit confirmation bias. Whatever you find is going to make you more sure you're right.
>>
>>6770869
The comics section links 7 parts total. Seems interesting so I'll watch them later.
>>
>>6770889
>comics
I meant "comments".
>>
>>6770824
>>6770824
>>6770824

This video is more important than op's decoding
>>
>>6770888
That's the pattern, you idiot. 18 unsolved. Solve them. 4 unsolved. Solve them. Now you have a basis for part 2, which I will be starting on shortly.

I think you have more of a rule-bound, military/privacy-oriented outlook on this, anon. These Zodiac ciphers aren't secrets, they're just riddles with several unrelated steps, which is why amateurs solved it before any expert could. They didn't have that creative spark. You should expect a piece not following the rules inside Zodiac's ciphers. He already did this, 18 remained. You should expect it inside that one too, as the key is completely different. The VWYP isn't even an encryption. It's just geographical information. It's no more encrypted than saying the name of a building.
>>
Isn't the Zodiac killer really old? Why is this brought up now.
>>
>>6770893
He goes full on crazy at the end of the third video where he manages to spell FRY by using the road system in the area.
>>
>>6770900
It's obvious by video 5 that he's completely given up on logical clues and is basically rearranging stuff arbitrarily to turn them into clues.
>>
>>6770907
never got past video two, regardless the points on the map are logical imo.
>>
File: 1383982779517.jpg (59KB, 480x457px) Image search: [Google]
1383982779517.jpg
59KB, 480x457px
chatroom to gather us.

150+ IQ only

Zodiac chatroom to help communicate

tinychat com/ZodiacHunt
>>
>>6770886
also, no I did not make the vid nor find the info. I followed a link from the original thread on /b/ to a blog. the blog is where i found the video. 340cipherhalloweencardconnection-[dot]-blogspot-[dot]-com
>>
>>6770912
Yeah, the first two videos make a lot of sense. I get the feeling that he just ran out of ideas and went spiraling into lunacy.
>>
>>6770924
check the blogpost concerning the 340 cipher/map
>>
is the motto of tracy significant?
Think inside the triangle... sounds spooky
>>
>>6770933
It's almost too spooky for me.
>>
>>6770933
What if this zodiac nutter was part of a local masonic order or something, and used a lot of their symbolism in his codes?

Maybe another reason this never was solved. Masonic members didn't want this one nut making them look worse than most people already paint them, so they made sure the police were getting the run around as it were.
>>
>>6770937
As I was typing this to your >>6770933 count I didn't even realize it until I hit submit, but my captcha was that typical address number nonsense, and happened to be the last 4 digits of your post count backwards 3390.

2FUCKINGSPOOKY4ME.
>>
The thing about matrix encoding is it has to be done with a specific interval of character length (ie, divisible by some reasonable integer). If this is how the original block was decoded, there very well be 0 meaning to the final characters, which would be why you can't find meaning to it.
>>
I don't think you guys understand what OP is telling you...
OP is saying that the last 18 letters are decrypted. VWYP is not encrypted, it's merely some way of identifying a location, in the same way that telling someone to meet you at Mcdonald's is. You could give them the coordinates, or you could use another way. In this case, Z is giving us an alternative method of coordinates, probably military related. The problem isn't what VWYP means- we already know it's coordinates to Tracy- the problem is, how does Google translate VWYP to Tracy? How does one go from VWYP to Tracy? Once we know this, OP will release their method and the decrypted message.
>>
File: 1331452443356.png (131KB, 403x291px) Image search: [Google]
1331452443356.png
131KB, 403x291px
so, can anyone post it if a new thread is made? any updates from the /b/ threads for people who has to go?
afaik:
op claims to have deciphered something about zodiac, 18 characters that were still a mistery
apparently those characters read - i quote. op paraphrased - like:
>There was a girl feeding fish in Blue Rocks VWYP
OP found that some geolocation thing made VWYP ponit to Tracy, CA, near Mt Diablo and Tracy supposedly is the place in which a victim escaped from Z.
People used Tracy to orient a compass Z made to find bible verses?

after that, people started coming with alternate theories that are compatible with the VWYP thing

OP also claimed
>Additional note: Those aren't V, W, Y and P as much as zodiac characters: http://zodiackillerciphers.com/wiki/index.php?title=File:Sfchron340cipher.png

whatevs, im out fuckers, i cant believe i sat through all of this so far
>>
File: 1376942536166.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1376942536166.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
This may be a long shot OP, but have you considered that VWYP might be a signature, such as the initials of his name?
ie. Vince William Yancy Pinkler
>>
File: vwyp3.jpg (292KB, 1441x609px) Image search: [Google]
vwyp3.jpg
292KB, 1441x609px
>>6770988

I'm the one that came up with this weird theory, read full post on /b/ or get this tl;dr version

> user posted an image overlay of star map for June 26, 1970 at exactly 10:15 AM PST, as seen from Mt. Diablo
> I edited the photo highlighting the stars/letters, and the square with the dot, based on previous ways to crack his code.
> we got into discussion and I wrote muh reasons

Assuming your previous cracking on the code was right, and you still end with VWYP, I find more logic to be bound to a "connect the dots" riddle, rather than pinpointing a location via coordinates. Z showed more interest in mason and symbolism, rather than military skills.
If you look at my picture, there are several elements of consistency:
> overlays (star map and landmap)
> connecting dots (constellations/stars)
> quadrants (each letter is on its own)
> the green square with the dot in the middle
(ok the last one is far pushed maybe...)

What is in support of your theory ?
> supposed military preparation (where else in his clues does it show?)
> casual (and indeed rare) match of VWYP with tracy

End result, the dot inside the square is slighly off St. Tracy Blvd
We got (almost) same result, with 2 completly different roads.
>>
>>6770838
>>6770786
>>6770798
He is just following the evidence
>>
>>6771004
Keep in mind that he had a very limited amount of space left. He basically filled the remainder with a clue, and there wasn't much space for fancy details. It might not be any more cryptic than "this is where I did it" to prove who he was.
>>
OP!!!

VWYP is not a recognized city code by the California Department of Transportation!!!

http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/structur/strmaint/brlog/table_c.htm

CTRL+F "Tracy" and you will see its city code is "TRA"

Where the fuck is this "VWYP" coming from? It's driving me crazy. It has to be some outdated code or something

Any info on the coordinates and summing up the letters? (22+23+25+16 = 86)?????
>>
VWYP most likely refers to a point on the military grid reference system or MGRS. Its a 4 letter system used to find points on a map. Google probably uses this system in its mapping as well, hence the fact that it understands the 4 letter coordinates.
>>
I'm writing a letter to all of Tracy's governmental departments hoping one person knows what this code means.

Here is the letter.

"Hello, I am helping someone follow a clue about the Zodiac Killer's 408 cypher. The last 18 letters of that letter have remained undeciphered but someone on 4chan's /sci/ board thinks they have decrypted the last 18 letters.

Here is the link to the thread
>>6770005
Please look at post number 6770784

He is not releasing anymore information on what the message is other than he has decrypted this into a coherant message. But, in the decrypted code, he has gotten "VWYP" as a word.

He entered "VWYP" into Acronymfinder.com and searched for locations.
"VWYP" came back to Tracy, California.
Here is a link
http://www.acronymfinder.com/~/search/af.aspx?Acronym=VWYP&string=zip

We are all stumped as to WHY "VWYP" is code for Tracy, California.
What kind of coding system is it? Is it still being used or is it an old system? Could someone in the Tracy governmental system know why "VWYP" is used as a code for Tracy?

Once the anonymous OP gets these questions answered, he will release the decrypted message of the undeciphered 18 letters of the Zodiac's 408 letter.

I'm probably not supposed to bring in outside people, but I'm emailing every department in the Tracy governmental system hoping that 1 person recognizes that "VWYP" code. It could be a legal code, zoning code, geocode, or a code of a system that has been replaced years ago.

If anyone knows just email me back and post in that /sci/ thread what it means.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Jimmy Rustle"

Should I send this?
>>
>>6771055
Do it
>>
>>6771056
Ok I'm sending it now
>>
go here fago0ts hes already revealed some stuff

>>>/b/570187013
>>
why does it have to mean anything? when I write in code I put nonsense symbols just to fuck with whomever tries to decrypt it. maybe he did the same?
>>
>>6771065
If he did the same I wouldn't be able to find a coherent message in it.

I realize that we have to look at the Halloween cards and small letters and interpret/decode those before the 340 cipher can be solved. I'll work on that when I come back from just a little bit of sleep, bye
>>
>>6771067
You would, actually.
>>
>>6770670
It gives you the same location if you type in VWUP, i'm assuming it's just thinking you want Union Pacific Railroad. It's not uncommon for things like this to search for the next best result. Sorry OP, it's nothing : \
>>
>>6771083
No, not exactly the same. You samefag
>>
>>6771083
This has been discussed so many times already.

There is no geocode dictionary where you can automatically select the "next best thing". Entering VWYP doesn't "redirect" you to VWUP or vice versa. They're 100% interchangeable because they represent the exact same information. They're "fuzzy matches". Neither is incorrect. They literally are exactly the same, and there is no autocorrect here.

Also, that simply doesn't appear by chance at the end of a Zodiac message and *randomly happen to* refer to Tracy.
>>
Just jumped in from the /b/ thread that's kinda on hold so OP can get some sleep. Give me the TLDR of what's going on over here.
>>
>>6771088
My b. Trust me i'm happy to be wrong about that
>>
>>6771088
We have no evidence that it appeared at the end of a Zodiac letter though. If OP won't let us know the rest of the decryption and how he did it then it's just four letters.
>>
>>6771102
So you can take credit for his work? Lel
>>
>>6771108
He's already taken steps to ensure that he can identify himself when everything is decoded. Don't be an idiot.
>>
>>6771055
>using words like /sci/ OP and 4chan in a mail to authorities
>expecting a serious reply

Oh lol
>>
>>6771055
Yes, that sounds exactly like a serious message that you should send to government employees in order to get your request taken seriously and not ignored. Good work, anon. Signing it as Jimmy Rustle was an excellent touch.
>>
So let me get this OP, you have some guy email the police saying you have solved some seriously for them relevant shit but before telling them what it is you tell them they need to help you first else you won't tell what you know.

That's some kindergarten shit. You seriously suck so hard in life that you want this to be your little 15 minutes of fame. Special fucking selfish snowflake you.
>>
>>6771055
>release some case info to me so I can brag on 4chan only then will I give the info to you guys

Basically what you just typed.
>>
>>6771055
>and post in that /sci/ thread

haha fucking 6 year olds man
>>
>>6771174
Nope, that's not how life works. You don't rush these things. No one rushed their proposed solutions to the 340 cipher. They took their time. Carefully filled the gaps, checked, checked again, compared, applied, etc. You don't just go running around yelling "I GOT IT" because you solved the first 2 horizontal lines of the 340 cipher. You fucking finish it, you ape. The victims are all fucking dead, and so is Zodiac. You just want to be entertained immediately.
>>
>>6771232
Also, if the authorities can confirm that fish were being fed in some way, it would prove my theory on this. And if we can find out if the watershed under Mt. Diablo is the crime scene on that axis, human remains can be found there. Tracy to Mt. Diablo line cuts directly through it, and there's supposed to be a crime scene somewhere on this line if it's not Tracy itself.

That line should also be compared to Zodiac's magnetic north and other lines.

I'm predicting murder/dumping of corpse at the watershed. He loved lakes.
>>
File: 57834.png (190KB, 3108x2448px) Image search: [Google]
57834.png
190KB, 3108x2448px
http://oranchak.com/zodiac/webtoy/ something to play with

What word/part of word that could be? The structure is like 12332 so it seems to be logical place to start with. Unless it's actually two words. Word 'kill' is also there most likely, so some double symbols are most likely L's
>>
>>6771242
if you are thinking of a corpse dumped in a lake, isn't that precisely the fish feeding you are considering?

search image search "death wheel lady doom", the death wheel on the cover seems to have 5 means of demise: rope, fire, gun, knife - AND water, which is the ONLY ONE that's hidden.

the not-hidden ones are also mentioned some some halloween card he sent maybe
>>
File: Timholt1.png (2MB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Timholt1.png
2MB, 724x1024px
>>6771248
>>
>>6771242

>not getting that 'fish food' is common parlance for a body dumped in a lake.

Do go on, OP.
>>
>>6771256
leave off, he's from Scandinavia.

Also, being fed to the fishes is MAFIA slang.
>>
File: Clipboard0.png (172KB, 1211x975px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard0.png
172KB, 1211x975px
>>6771247
here's another one...
>>
>>6771264
Maybe Z was mafia and a mason?
>>
>>6771248
>isn't that precisely the fish feeding you are considering?
Didn't think of that.

The only way I can interpret this is that he abducted and killed a girl near Blue Rock Springs and dumped her in the watershed below Mt. Diablo because he wanted this to be an official dot on the map.

>>6771256
Never heard of it before.
>>
File: Clipboard1.png (177KB, 1211x975px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard1.png
177KB, 1211x975px
>>6771275
ohshi, 1 more horisontal, then there are 3 verticals, does this mean anything?
Maybe you can read the cipher from different angles?
>>
Webtoy also has an option to list all repeated sequences. Either of these could be "THE"
>>
File: 42376822.png (176KB, 866x532px) Image search: [Google]
42376822.png
176KB, 866x532px
>>6771294
>>
>>6771285
I just don't know if this is the way to approach it. Maybe it is, some have found some almost sentences using it. I solved the 18 letter string by shifting depending on several variables.
>>
>>6771301
The fully coloured black dot has GOT to be a space, right?
>>
File: 'S 408 CHARACTER CIPHER.gif (26KB, 431x631px) Image search: [Google]
'S 408 CHARACTER CIPHER.gif
26KB, 431x631px
>>6771304

The solved cipher didn't have any spaces, so this one probably won't have any neither
>>
>>6770838
>Jesus, you guys sure are quick to jump to conclusions for a "science" board, huh?

Do you even know what burden of proof is?
>>
>>6771304
Try to imagine what you would name the symbols.

The circle, white up: N(orth)
White down: S(outh)
S for seven, I don't know

Found words: i | a | am | as | at | us | ad | we | my | he | an | was | art | hat | say | die | man | after | human

Lel
>>
>>6771277
Or he was just a fan of the Batman TV series and comic books (he was) which would use such lingo, especially by the bad guys.
>>
>>6771315
Well that sounds legit.

when I try to solve a crypto in the papers, I usually begin to try to solve the most common letter.
The most commonly used letters in the English language are:
E A N T
Followed by R S
Followed by a lot more, such as vowels first.
So the sign that there is most of should be E.
>>
>>6771307
Persons born on 28 July 1926
JAMES K FRY was born 28 July 1926, received Social Security number 240-36-5929 (indicating North Carolina) and, Death Master File says, died 24 January 2004.
[Site has good reputation.]
>>
>>6771352
where are you getting Fry from?

ZK wrote in one of the letters to editors, "FRYday"
>>
>>6771252
Damn. What if you cut this wheel out and put the Water section over Tracy or Mt. Diablo. Do any of the other sections of the wheel match any of the other murders?
>>
What happened to this shit? Did OP figure whatever it was out?
>>
>>6771347
that only works if it's a character cipher not a matrix cipher
>>
>>6771397
also doesn't work if it's a mask cipher.
>>
You find the bomb yet OP?
>>
>>6771264
Yeah but it's well known enough that non-Mafia people could use it.
>>
File: lol-zk.png (138KB, 452x486px) Image search: [Google]
lol-zk.png
138KB, 452x486px
>>6771404
ah. well I suck.

But at least I found this lel
>>
>>6771428
Above it is Posh Boy and even higher up it says Tom. Guys I think I solved it.
>>
>>6771432
well, I think you have to mirror some parts, so maybe you're not that off.
>>
What if one or more symbols change the direction in which you are supposed to read it?
>>
File: 1411499567371.edit.png (136KB, 452x486px) Image search: [Google]
1411499567371.edit.png
136KB, 452x486px
>>6771428
there are other words if you have the right mask...
>>
http://zodiackillerciphers.com/word-search-gadget-earlvanbest/

Use this one to find words
>>
>>6770959
OP stop samefagging. Do you realize your rambling makes no sense? There are hundreds of people who claim to have the exact same thing you have, and their answers are all different. Your assumption that VWYP means Tracy when you don't even know why is fucking idiotic magical thinking.
>>
>>6771460
op namefags and tripfags and isn't even in the thread atm. Just us ZK geeks here.
>>
>>6771447
a time waster imho
>>
>>6771444

Guess a 13 year old girl did it.
>>
File: zodiaccipher.png (173KB, 502x605px) Image search: [Google]
zodiaccipher.png
173KB, 502x605px
idk if OP is coming back but I was playing around with the most frequently used letters.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_frequency

Maybe I found something, _if_ the ZK intentionally left out some letters - that are real letters. Check it, OP. (I know you already solved the 18 remaining letters but I am sending this anyway. Maybe there are even more solutions.)
>>
File: promotions lol.jpg (128KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
promotions lol.jpg
128KB, 600x500px
>a couple of neckbeards on 4chan will solve in a few nights a mystery that not even the entire US police has in 30 fucking years
>>
>>6771687
>the entire US police has worked on once case for 30 years
>>
Guy who figured the compass was a clock and overlaid the star map reporting.
>>
>>6771697
the stars (dots) could all be potential body locations. also try to align the 4 so it's after 3 maybe
>>
>>6771716
4?
>>
toasting in epic bread
>>
>>6771718
there's a 12 highway and a 4 highway and 5 freeway on the map picture
>>
>>6771722

Every map will be different when designating highways that way. Even if that were the case, and even if this is a true lead, Zodiac could have been using an entirely different map. You may be on to something, though, if it is found that there is some sort of connection. Alignment could be a key, but you can't go off how a certain map designates the highway.
>>
>>6771697
>>6771716
>>6771718
>>6771722

If you want to overlay it all yourself, here's what you need:

https://www.fourmilab.ch/yoursky/help/controls.html

Date: 26/6/1970

TIME: 21:000 GMT

Coordinates: 37.8817° N, 121.9142° W

Here's the map underneath it, where I tried to overlay the Zodiac's blue pen compass with the killings map the best I could.

Also, if the letters are consistent with the rest of the letter, the last 18 letters here: >>6771307

Comes out as EBEORIEMETHHPITI
>>
>>6771697
I've seen the map before, but not the star map too. But the other stuff, seen exactly the same on other ZK sites.

OP:
An alternative solution to the 340 cipher has been found before:
http://zodiackillersite.com/viewtopic.php?t=1606&p=18606
>>
I no longer see the threads on /b/
>>
>>6771735
I'm studying for an exam which is tomorrow, I'll do it after that. wherever the 12 line is pointing should be aligned with the northern sky pointing toward Polaris is my guess. I'll play with that tomorrow
>>
File: death wheel.jpg (967KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
death wheel.jpg
967KB, 1000x1000px
>>6771242
>>6771248
spanish speaking jerk back
>>
/b/570265005
>>
>>6771809
kellogs
>>
>>6771799
the one that isnt visible is Death by Water...

Was it Couple no 2 that got gunned down?
>>
>>6771799
I laid the wheel down like that also, but it doesn't make much sense for ZK to have burned Kathleen Johns's car in where he did since the range for fire was further north. Is that the direction he was taking her when she escaped?
>>
File: estoy-usando-el-internet.jpg (97KB, 450x319px) Image search: [Google]
estoy-usando-el-internet.jpg
97KB, 450x319px
>>6771697
in the death wheel overlay, the sticks align with your clock, i pointed water to tracy and knife to Berryesa
>>
>>6771814
Which one?
>>
I hope you guys solve this. I can see the headlines now.

>Notorious hacker 4CHAN threatens to leak naked pictures of Emma Watson for being a feminist
>Creepy Misogynist 4CHAN Anonymous Leejun collective discovers major breakthrough in unsolved Zodiac Murders
>>
>>6771824
Now we just need to solve one of the millennium prize problems.
>>
>>6771824
4chan is a busy guy.
>>
File: Waiting-for-OP-to-deliver.jpg (114KB, 360x400px) Image search: [Google]
Waiting-for-OP-to-deliver.jpg
114KB, 360x400px
Well I'm up to date. Imma get me some work done and I'll be back later.
>>
>>6771820
the writiing in the wheel. It shows a "w" but I see you got it anyway.

Did you know he scratched the knifed victims' car with "by knife"?
I'd say he was definitely into cartoons. All those strange cards and drawings.
>>
>>6771853
it's me again.

Watch the zodiac/batman connection, it is pretty interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXnJl3ZMOxM&list=UUnk1X_nJ6l14cWiJATMP0kA
>>
>>6771829
OMW
>>
I'm watching Zodiac in honor of you, OP. Being an investigator back in the 60/70s would have been so badass.
>>
File: SpookyZMap.png (494KB, 606x592px) Image search: [Google]
SpookyZMap.png
494KB, 606x592px
>>6771697
>>6771735
So, hey guys. I just updated my little map to include the four non-confirmed Zodiac attacks (which, as far as I'm concerned, were committed by the Zodiac, especially the Riverside one which he said he committed.

Look…the Riverside attack perfectly lines with the Tracy and Lake Berryesa attacks, no bullshit

Also. the burred black thing at the top of the map was my name I blurred out, and the blurred out blue line near the bottom was just a fuck up on my part.
>>
bumping.

I need people smarter than me looking at my map.
>>
File: SpookyZodiacMap.png (494KB, 606x592px) Image search: [Google]
SpookyZodiacMap.png
494KB, 606x592px
>>6771913
>>6771961

Better, less lazy version of map with lines properly extended.
>>
>>6771973
What are you wanting to know here?
>>
>>6770532

Pretty convinced it was this bloke. Fred Manalli.
>>
File: SpookyZodiacMapLabelled.png (506KB, 606x592px) Image search: [Google]
SpookyZodiacMapLabelled.png
506KB, 606x592px
>>6771973 (You)
>>6772002
>>6772005

I don't know, haha. It's not something you look for, it's something you noticed. I'm suspect that the compass map reveals some sort of location, or locations. Z's hideout, bodies, bombs, I don't know. I'm looking for patterns.

Here's the best version of the map I have thus far.

If someone could properly fit this star map so that aligns in just the right way, placing the north star where the 0 of the compass is: >>6771735 (You)

Over the killings map, I think it could reveal something. Then again, that was all my own speculation. I just guess that since the letter/map was marked as June 26 1970, and that the compass had clock numbers and extrapolated lines reveal what looks to be an hour hand pointed towards what would be 10 and the minute hand pointed towards what would be quarter passed, I speculated that Z may have been alluding to a star map for time 10:15 AM PST on June 26, 1970, as seen from the coordinates of Mt. Diablo, the center of it all.

He is called "Zodiac" after all. I thought maybe constellation patterns overlaid onto the map could reveal something.
>>
>>6771973
like I said, you're not the first one who's found that out. Pretty much same map and lines are posted in every ZK forum.

What is new is evidence pointing put Tracy, and possibly the Watershed area.

I think there are more kills than the ones known. There were a few women who still are missing since the 70s from the San Joaquin area....
>>
>>6772054
I'm convinced the Zodiac really did kill 37 by the time that letter with the "37" number was sent. As to how many people he attempted to kill, we may never know.
>>
RIP OP
>>
>>6771829

there should be a forum dedicated to this, it'd be great PR
>>
File: jpg.png (1001KB, 744x926px) Image search: [Google]
jpg.png
1001KB, 744x926px
>>
File: jpg2.png (2MB, 1233x1565px) Image search: [Google]
jpg2.png
2MB, 1233x1565px
>>6772089
Aligned norths this time
>>
>>6772080
Wouldn't it be cooler for /sci/ to have the credit on something like that, though?
The money has to go to something hilarious, though.
>>
Zodiac was Dick Giakowski, died from cancer.
>>
>>6772120
original OP decoded it to say Leigh Allen
>>
didnt OP say he was gonna release his findings tonight?

OP didnt deliver
>>
>>6772213
He did, but he's not making any more effort to defend his claims.
>>6772215
Zodiac got him.
>>
>>6772215
Maybe he's still working on it, maybe he crashed and didn't have any more stuff to come back up, maybe zodiak himself was ITT and killed him.
Let's wait and see.
>>
>>6772215
He did. I'll repost them between the lines for you.
---

---
>>
Maybe OP got info on the map geodata reference and is keeping to himself now.
>>
Where is OP i want moar
>>
where is OP. OP was supposed to stay up all night and all day and come back with some developments
>>
File: 1399544636327.jpg (6KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1399544636327.jpg
6KB, 160x160px
>>6772227
He did deliver. See
>>6770971

Also, "the there was a girl" line was decrypted from another previously unknown string that are somewhere around here but that i can't be bothered to look for atm, the vwyp is part of that string
>>
>>6772404
Wow it's nothing.
>>
>>6772404

on /b he posted two sets of decoded letters one set without accounting for spaces and other set accounting for spaces or something like that, and he was looking for angrams, anybody got those?
>>
I knew jack squat about the Zodiac Killer before last night and spent all day today researching it, and I've come to the conclusion that whatever OP comes up with is not going to be very interesting. It is really cool if he did manage to crack the code though.
>>
>>6772409
>looking for anagrams

Then he already lost.
>>
>>6772404
vwyp pointed to tracy

inb4 OP went looking and got serial killed
>>
>>6772422
there are websites full of people that have attempting to crack the code using known methods and mixing those together and further mixing with complicated arithmetic.

I think if someone does crack it, it'll be an accident because none of the logical routes taken have brought anyone any closer
>>
>>6772425

actually looking for alternatives, but it seemed like he had already decoded that part with his method and was going to work towards other ciphers?
>>
>>6772434
I think he got mad that people decoded his first one so fast so he made one that was just gibberish.
>>
File: 1305504226464.jpg (76KB, 413x309px) Image search: [Google]
1305504226464.jpg
76KB, 413x309px
>>6772409
yes, i can't seem to find them, but those are what im referring to

>>6772425
no, i think he asked people to do that to get us off his back

>>6772428
>got serial killed
that made me laugh harder than it had should

>>6772406
what do you mean? it is something =/
>>
>>6772441
I'm going to assume it's nothing because I could have gotten exactly as far as we actually know OP has gotten by finding the geocode for Tracy, California and then making a thread asking for help. We have no evidence that VWYP has anything to do with the Zodiac Killer because OP won't reveal anything about how he got those letters. There is nothing here.
>>
>>6772451
oh, right, yeah, i should add "assuming OP's claims" or something to that effect
>>
>>6772460
>>6772451

He acknowledged that it was a lucky find, and that it really didnt matter for the rest of his decoded message, but was stubborn enough to keep on pressing that VWYP had nothing to do with fuzzy matching ot with the railroad crossing, but said it was most likely a 4 digit geo code from the gov.

again he said it didnt really matter if it was a coincidence or not
>>
File: 1411434355178.jpg (228KB, 1366x726px) Image search: [Google]
1411434355178.jpg
228KB, 1366x726px
op said he was going to post all of the blacked out stuff tonight

OP failed to deliver
>>
Op probably crashed. He stayed up all night, didnt he?
>>
>>6772494
oh, missed that! thanks.

>>6772502
probably

maybe we could set up a btsync folder with everything we gave so far?
>>
>>6772502
Yeah, the fucker said he was going to sleep like fifteen hours ago and then stayed up for a few more going on about bullshit.
>>
File: _20140924_125015.jpg (158KB, 1256x586px) Image search: [Google]
_20140924_125015.jpg
158KB, 1256x586px
>>6771252
I found the complete wheel thru a ZK forum here:

http://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=21570

As you can see, the wheel has 12 sections (much like the zodiac has 12 signs)
And we already know that ZK killed "by knife", "by rope" = strangulation, "by gun" and "by water (at least 3 killings were at lake sites).

He wrote in oneof the later letters that cops were getting too close and that he would from then on mask his killings like accidents. Pretty sure there were victims" by fire" etc still waiting to be confirmed.
>>
>>6772952

>Knife
>Gun
>Rope
>Water
>Hands
>Knife (again)
>Horse (?)
>Falling
>Arrow
>Snakes (?)
>Rope
>Water

Through some other forums, they also mentioned about an ad (Red Ryder gun) within the comic that had a symbol on the cow (in the picture, far right) that he used in a similar way on one of his 1970 cards.

I don't think he was going by the comic's wheel in detail or anything like that. He just added his own twist to each thing, such as using "You are doomed" (Lady Doom), signing off ass the Red Phantom (the Red Mask), comic #28 declared "Be the master, not the slave". I think he just drew inspiration from comics, associating with the villains.

Which is where some draw the connection between him and a Batman comic from the 60s by one witness saying he was wearing a hooded mask, such as the one seen in the comic as the Hooded Hangman.
>>
But regardless what connections we can come up with between the comics and the Zodiac, I just wish OP would come back and fill us in on what he has decoded. I've been keeping this thread open in a tab since the other night, waiting to see a new update...but nothing.

Come back, OP. Don't leave us hanging.
>>
File: map-egallakes.png (556KB, 1215x596px) Image search: [Google]
map-egallakes.png
556KB, 1215x596px
HOOOKAAAYY

This might mean nothing.
But YET another 340 cipher solution can be seen here where almost whole sentences can read stuff like
"See Leigh freak killer" and "Eagle I wish it will go"

And speaking of eagle, rather - EGAL LAKES.

If you draw a straight line with starting point at Mount Diablo, and through (VW) Vaqueros Watershed (today V. Reservoir), you continue that line to Tracy and it goes straight to the Egal lakes.

OP pls look into this, is this a coincidence?

Got the other solution from here:
http://www.zodiackillerciphers.com/?p=157
>>
Also, another minor thing, the only interesting abbrev. of YP there seems to be is Yard Patrol, military term for patrol vehicles, amongst others, also those who are used on water,
http://www.navy.mil/navydata/fact_display.asp?cid=4200&tid=2500&ct=4
>>
>>6773177
this cipher:

Folly, I left two alive.
(ALT.) Folly, I left two. I live li
fe knowing Noel. Hide-
n-gag, I knive Noels wife.
See Leigh Freak kill
er. I kill, I do. It knows.
Eagle? I wish. It will go
(ALT.) glee. I wish it will go

work in a ** (LN unsolved) gov. field.
Solved wife for killer.
I like killing. God, do I
sin? Free killings!

KKKs ol’ lodge gone right?

Magic hoodie. I knew
(In unsolved GIKE reads clear)

girls workin’ doing L.A. sk-
yline, good reg. folks.
(OR GORE)
Goon hoard, golf kiosk.
(OR HARD, also, Golf mentioned again)

Lingered. I need girl.
**** Sold a kind ez (easier)
er ending wishes Lee.

I’d win all new shin-dig.
light news. I i’m Zodiac
>>
A little appropriate music to aid with the hunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bOBXsm80NI
>>
File: zk-sfmap1and2.png (998KB, 1023x1196px) Image search: [Google]
zk-sfmap1and2.png
998KB, 1023x1196px
>>6770824
This is the best and most interesting part from the vids imho. This dude is definitely on to something, but a lot is also "pattern picking" (such as I do, takes one to know one.)

See the pic. The drawn line matches a Bay area highway almost PERFECTLY, highlighting two possible locations of victim deaths.
...I'm speechless.
>>
Without OP this is turning into a ridiculous mess.
>>
>>6770005
I've been following you since you first started posting OP. At this point I reasonably certain you're not trolling, and I honestly hope you've discovered something new.
That being said. I've wasted quite a bit of time following this thread and the multiple threads on /b/. So let me ask you this so I can stop blowing off my real life responsibilities. How long before you post what you've deciphered/new info?

Good luck to you. I hope you nail it.
>>
The lengths some people have gone through all these years to find meaning in all of these clues are just astounding. The Zodiac Killer wasn't some kind of super genius that used every piece of knowledge in the known universe to hide himself. Whatever it takes to crack these clues is probably something simple that someone just hasn't thought of yet, and is being ignored because people are too busy crafting their own wacky theories that are even more insane than the killer's puzzles. Either that or he made a simple mistake or left out an important piece of information that's keeping people from going further.
>>
File: 11Apollo11.jpg (22KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
11Apollo11.jpg
22KB, 600x450px
>>6773384
>>
>>6773384
Well, Anon, that's where you are wrong, the 340 cipher is like a cipher within a cipher within a cipher and reference dots that perfectly place important locations.

He probably did intentionally partition the cipher so you need a different cipher per to solve different parts of the letter. It actually makes sense.
>>
>>6773295
the sun seems to be circling a peninsula, could this be a clue? the sun in the picture seems like an irrelevant drawing in the letter alone, right?
>>
>>6773394
Well, I understand how complicated all of that is, but some theories I've seen are so unbelievable that I wonder how the people that thought them up could possible think they are on the right path. It's definitely a lot of trial and error, but when you have a map covered in pumpkins and skeletons, you probably took a wrong turn.
>>
>>6773455
Not sure, but it is interesting that this peninsula is right where the sun is. It is Richmond, "Miller Knox Regional Shoreline", and there also is a lagoon and a Yacht club there...
The center would be the Golden State Model Raiilroad Museum. However, impossible to tell if it means anything without deciphering more.

OP darnit, where are you.
>>
OP IS KILL BECAUSE HE GOT TTO FAR I DID NOT WANT TO KILL OP BUT SOMETYMES THINGS HAPPEN THAT WE DONT INTEND. KEEP GETTING CLOSER I STILL ENJOY KILLING AND QUITE ENJOYED THE 07 MOVIE WONDER IF ANY MORE WILL BE MAID HETAEIFFH
>>
>>6773516
theres a hidden message, decypher this.
>>
>>6773002
>Snakes
Rattlesnakes are fairly common in open lands throughout the Bay Area. Maybe he used that somehow?

Source:
http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_15577139
>>
>>6773516
you're not being verry funnie
>>
>>6773516
uuungh I get the remaining letters to spell "BEXXUNN" and I am done. Can't deal.
>>
>>6773599
forget it I found it two minutes later.

"
THE TIME HAS COME THE WALRUS SAID TO TALK OF MANY THINGS. OF SHORES AND SHIPS AND SEALING WAX, OF CABBAGES AND KINGS. CARROLL
"
>>
>>6773516
very clever. you made me find the poem Jabberwocky.
Well done.

At least it feels better to do something, than just samefagging this thread waiting for OP.
http://www.jabberwocky.com/carroll/walrus.html
>>
>>6770798
>Continuing the point like a child.

Let the people do their thing, your opinion is really nothing to them.
>>
>>6773516
Nice touch with the rh. RH were the intials left with a poem found carved into a table at the riverside cc library. Some speculate that the poem was authored by the zodiac because of its similar handwriting and style.
>>
File: 1305268485363.jpg (62KB, 586x446px) Image search: [Google]
1305268485363.jpg
62KB, 586x446px
I think OP went chasing after carmen san diego.

>>6773972
just ignore him when he brings that up
>>
I guess OP was trolling us
>>
>>6774323

Entertaining us, anon. He was entertaining us.
>>
OP here. Stopped posting because I've been working hard on the 340 cipher and the solution is slowly but (very) certainly emerging.
>>
>>6774323
>>6774371
No. Wait and see, you.
>>
File: lesko.jpg (15KB, 260x200px) Image search: [Google]
lesko.jpg
15KB, 260x200px
>>6774378

OP I'm sorry I ever doubted you!
>>
>>6774378
OP is back!
>>
>>6774378
>>6774373
Paraphrased, the 340 includes
>In the Age of Aquarius
>A deciphered code should appear to a coder (the last "r" is questionable)
>Under pressure (probably ->)you decipher soo fast
>... on a dan(g)erous road up the mountain
>in the center of the Zodiac
>>
>>6774390
Back tomorrow with more.
>>
>>6774390

So, hold on, OP... are you now trying to solve all of the Zodiac codes? Weren't you working on the last portion of the missing 18 characters?
>>
>>6774392
>>6774390
PS: It also mentions arrows along lines related to the Zodiac (presumed related to lines between murder scenes on map), check that out if you have the time.

>>6774396
I was, but there was no more to it as of yet. I think when the 340 is done, the sentence in the 18 code will fill in a gap.

Time to sleep now, bye
>>
>>6774401

Good luck, OP. We wait.
>>
OP, can you tell me who's on first?
>>
File: 1306832786510.jpg (77KB, 532x427px) Image search: [Google]
1306832786510.jpg
77KB, 532x427px
>>6774390
>In the Age of Aquarius
>A deciphered code should appear to a coder

this better be good
>>
File: zoverlay.jpg (97KB, 827x786px) Image search: [Google]
zoverlay.jpg
97KB, 827x786px
>>
>>6774390
so should there be a location related to
>dangerous road up a mountain
>center of zodiac, somehow aligned to this mountain
>>
Will someone make a new thread?
>>
>>6773555
Nice trips
>>
>>6774551
This isn't right. Uranus is the ruling planet of the Age of Aquarius and looks like it will fall close to Santa Barbara direction when overlaid
>>
>>6774870
>Uranus
lel
>>
bump the plumber
>>
>>6774887
>bump
>339 posts
>>
>>6774551
This image made me blind.
>>
"In the Age of Aquarius" might be another pop-culture reference by this mofo and would match the date of the cipher (November 1969) perfectly: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquarius/Let_the_Sunshine_In
I don't know shit about astrology so I can't tell if the lyrics "When the moon is in the seventh house/And Jupiter aligns with Mars/Then peace will guide the planets/And love will steer the stars" have any relevance but you guys may wish to check it out on the star map.
>>
>>6774497
What do you mean?

>>6774662
Keep in mind there can be a period anywhere.
>... a dangerous road. Up(on) a mountain...

>>6774870
A questionable "mercury" appeared

>>6774951
He might think there's actually something to the age of Aquarius.

If the thread will last another 4 hours I'll make a new thread when I get home (mobile). If not, someone else has to make it.
>>
>>6774390
>In the Age of Aquarius
>A deciphered code should appear to a coder (the last "r" is questionable)

This sounds a lot like he's referencing something he did in 1967 (the year the musical Hair was first produced).
>>
>>6775072
Or possibly 68 when it first became popular on Broadway.

Don't go crazy with weird theories, guys.
>>
Hair was playing at the Geary Theater the night he killed Paul Stine. Age of Aquarius could be referencing that murder in particular.
>>
New thread
>>6775174
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.