[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you can resurrect one of these two to live today for ano

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: 562456456456.jpg (136KB, 560x396px) Image search: [Google]
562456456456.jpg
136KB, 560x396px
>you can resurrect one of these two to live today for another 20 years

Who do you choose?

http://strawpoll.me/2099429
>>
>>6639871
>resurrect one
>sees the current state of society and the degeneracy of people today
>kills himself

What a great idea, OP
>>
>>6639871
>Tesla
>Any votes

Fuck you /sci/, fuck you.
>>
>>6639878
Why the anger?

Einstein put all his theories on paper before getting assassinated by his maid. Tesla lost funding from the banks because he wanted to spread free energy.
>>
>>6639880
Tesla improved AC, Einstein revolutionised physics.
>>
>>6639884
Einstein gave us all he could through plagiarising patents of others, Tesla still had unfinished business.
>>
>>6639874
a cancerous place where you should stay: /pol/
>>
>>6639889
>Einstein
>pattens

\lim_{x \to \infty} \frac{\frac{1}{x}}{10}
>>
File: isaacnewton.jpg (32KB, 407x559px) Image search: [Google]
isaacnewton.jpg
32KB, 407x559px
Neither. I'd resurrect this guy.
>>
>not Leonardo da Vinci

Toppest fucking lel
>>
>>6639899
but Brian May isn't dead...
>>
Tesla. Because Einstein had an awesome life already.
>>
>>6639871

Why bother when you have me?
>>
>VTOL Tesla patent
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/pdfs/US1655114.pdf
>>
gib death ray plans
>>
>>6639871
>Telsa
Neither one will be able to make significant contributions to their field anymore. Einstein's life was awesome; Tesla's sucked. I'll give Tesla the chance for some happiness.

Plus Tesla was a big proponent of renewable energy, and activism is something that he definitely could contribute to.
>>
>>6639871
Tesla is a lot more interesting.
>>
>>6639871
tesla.
>>
>>6639954
>Neither one will be able to make significant contributions to their field anymore
The fuck are you talking about? 20 years is more than enough time for them to catch up on modern physics.
>>
>tfw nobody posted von Neumann yet
>>
>>6639976
Einstein hated quantum physics, and spent the rest of his life trying to find a physical theory which didn't give those results. We are now entirely sure that all the weird predictions of quantum mechanics actually happen, and attempts to combine quantum mechanics and relativity have taken them far afield from Einstein's expertise and intuition.

Tesla didn't believe in quantum physics either, and electronics today goes far beyond the analog world Tesla was familiar with. Besides, Tesla's grand vision, the World System, for the most part has already been achieved. The only thing we're missing is efficient wireless power transmission, and we've been working on that long enough I really doubt Tesla actually found it.
>>
Nikola tesla was a madman electrical engineer who, while he had a good understanding of electricity, has done nothing significant to further the extent of human knowledge, especially in the areas where we need it now.

Einstein CHANGED THE FUCKING WAY WE UNDERSTAND GRAVITY.
>>
Only reason I'd choose Tesla is so that he can see that his "predictions" if you can call them that are true. There is a quote he said along the lines of "History will show me right" and I think he'd like to see that become a reality even if he was entirely convinced in himself in the first place. I think he'd be a bit upset that society doesn't think highly of eugenics anymore or that he would need to learn quantum physics to make significant contributions in this time.
>>
I'ld choose Einstein not because of any science-related reasons but just because he seems nicer.
>>
>>6639871
>scientists vs. autists poll
>autists win
>>
>>6640008
Einstein helped create quantum physics, he didn't "hate" it. What he disliked was the Copenhagen interpretation you idiot.
>>
Is this poll a joke?

Of course it's TESLA! The man has truly changed the world. Einstein just combined a bunch of theories of others and nothing has changed in our daily lives.
>>
File: 1401154812750.jpg (195KB, 755x1543px) Image search: [Google]
1401154812750.jpg
195KB, 755x1543px
>>6640060
LOL NO. He hated uncertainty. All interpretations assume uncertainty.

Also, Einstein is WAY, WAY OVERRATED. I know some of you will get immensely butthurt over this but it's true. He took work from Lorenz, Poincare, Michelson and just combined it. No great thinking or work involved. If he didn't come up with it, someone else would have connected the dots within a year from his discovery. Pic related.

On the other hand, Tesla advanced us 100+ years.
>>
>>6640083
What about his formulation of Brownian motion?
>>
>>6639908
>>6639899
OH GOD MY SIDES
>>
>>6639871
Neither.
I'd resurrect Paul Erdös
>>
>>6640083
There are people on this very board that think that Special Relativity is just a transformation equation.
>>>/pol/
>>6640084
Or his contributions to quantum mechanics, statistical physics and of course general relativity.
>>
>>6640083
>LOL NO.
what the fuck? do you even know the amount of papers he wrote about QM?

>He took work from Lorenz, Poincare, Michelson and just combined it.
thats how science works you dumbass, and that's for specials relativity, do you know the difference between special relativity and quantum mechanics?

>Tesla advanced us 100+ years.
how? he didnt invent a single thing that wasnt done by someone else at the same time.
>>
Einstein gave all he could give to the world, in his later years he didn't really come up with anything new, he said it himself that he was a bitter old man clinging to his past glory
>>
>>6640083

>Michelson
Michelson conducted an experiment that demonstrated that we could not detect our motion through the aether. Arguably the strongest experimental evidence against the idea of an aether.

>Lorentz
Formulated a transformation law describing how an object should be contracted along the direction of it's motion.

>Poincare
Did a lot of work with what was called the "electromagnetic mass" at the time, this yields an equation that bares a superficial resemblance to E=mc^{2} that you casuals know of, it however is not the rest mass of Einstein.

None of these people created a theory of relativity, although they all contributed to a collective knowledge that was showing that our current understanding of physics was wrong.

>Einstein
Starting from just two postulates and an elegant theoretical argument re-derived the Lorentz contraction (completely independently) along with several other Lorentz-like equations in a consistent theory. In doing so he change the way physicists and mathematicians looked at the universe. It is honestly hard to underestimate how big of a contribution Einstein made to physics with that one paper.
>>
>>6640092
>>6640094

All that butthurt. Sorry that the truth about Einstein.

>>6640084
>What about his formulation of Brownian motion?

I'm 99% sure that it was formulated by his 1st wife, Mileva. That was her domain of research long before Einstein even heard of the problem.
>>
>>6640119
So now that I've attacked Einstein and his work, you're bringing race into the argument and are trying to derail the whole thread. When you can't win by arguments alone, start ad hominem and other low-ball attacks. What a scumbag way to argue.

Unbelievable!
>>
>>6639871
Neither.
What is the point? Their original research might have been significant, yet I doubt that they are anyhow more efficent than an average employed scientist today. perfectly capable of developing his own scientific inventions and theories just like those man did. Their resurrestion would not really foster science in any way.
>>
>>6640122
>Post with a picture of Einstien opening with Oy
>Last panel has a teacher calling someone a goy

Someone brought race into this, it wasn't me.
>>
File: 1399049242790.jpg (87KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1399049242790.jpg
87KB, 1024x768px
>resurrect Einstein
>Unless he decides to run for president is Israel, he'll spend another 20 years trying to come up with a unified field theory
>fails again
>will still fellated by the media

Yeah, I'm going to go with Tesla.
>>
>>6640092

>Or his contributions to quantum mechanics

Other than "God doesn't play dice"?

>statistical physics

You mean when got caught trying to copy the work of Gibbs?
>>
>>6640144
Are you for real?
>Other than "God doesn't play dice"?
And the photon and solving the photoelectric effect in the process also because he didn't like the philosophical implications of QM he devised several thought experiments that stimulated the development of quantum mechanics.

>You mean when got caught trying to copy the work of Gibbs?

Gibbs was one of the founders of Stat. mech but it Einstein contributed to it.
>>
Not choosing Galois, a young man that revolutionized areas of mathematics by himself

ALL THESE PHYSICSFAGS

TOPPEST FUCKING KEKKO
>>
>>6639871
Y no both
>>
>>6639874
*tipping intensifies*
>>
>>6639899
With our modern chemistry equipment and netiquettes he could finish his quest to create the sorcerers stone.
>>
>>6640083
Einstein was always popsci, just like black science guy now.

Dear mr president,
Nuke japan

senserly
jew science guy
>>
>>6640144

>implying god plays dice
>>
>>6640089

He'll be literally bored to death without his amphetamines which modern doctors wouldn't prescribe to him. Or he gets them illegally.
>>
>>6640738
>amphetamines which modern doctors wouldn't prescribe to him
srsly?

There's a whole industry of doctors pushing amphetamines to bored schoolkids.
>>
>>6640738
>wouldn't prescribe to him

>in 2014

>when docs hand out Adderall like candy to any college student who claims to have ADHD

>when stims are more presribed now than in the bennies craze of the 50s

Are you European?
>>
>>6640144
>one of those popsci tards who thinks Einstein only ever did e=mc2

off to reddit
>>
clearly the serb.
>>
>>6639871
Einstein had a few good ideas in his 20s/30s, and then burned out for the rest of his life.
Arguably he actually impeded science later on due to his rejection of quantum theory and his silly assumptions about cosmology
>>
>>6640762
bait
>>
File: url.jpg (107KB, 520x534px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
107KB, 520x534px
>>6640764
Excellent refutation, colleague.
>>
>No Feynman Option
The GOAT Science Popularizer
>>
>>6639871
Einstein, Tesla was pretty much just an engineer.
>>
Einstein
He was offered the presidency of Israel and rejected it for obvious reasons
I'd love to see him ape out and BTFO the isreali government since his passing
>>
>>6639871
tesla
einstein had the opportunity to develop all of his ideas, while tesla was buttfucked by haters and would probably have a lot to share still. this doesn't change the fact that einstein was by far a more influential scientist
>>
>>6640026
>CHANGED THE FUCKING WAY WE UNDERSTAND GRAVITY

And if we'd designed working antigravity levitators that understanding would have amounted to practical applications.
>>
>>6639871
Tesla.

Einstein made very major contributions, but I feel like he'd be too caught up hating the state of modern physics to make more.

Tesla still had work to do, and I feel like modern technology would be a boon for his capacity to think and invent new things.
>>
>>6639871
>Tesla
engineer, therefore sucked cocks and is dumb

>Einstein
father of modern physics, invented relativity, was close to a TOE
>>
>>6641355
>invented relativity
relativity was always there, the right term is "discovered" or "explained"
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.