[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>DUDE NOTHING MATTERS WE'RE ALL JUST ATOMS SITTING ON

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

>DUDE NOTHING MATTERS WE'RE ALL JUST ATOMS SITTING ON A ROCK FLOATING THROUGH AN ENDLESS BLACK SKY LMAO
god, why are nihilists like this?
bet you're real deep and complex, you moody edgy faggot. real soul-crushing realizations you've got there.

I mean, fuck, we get it, nothing matters. stop talking about it please. this shit's been done to death; let's move onto a new meme philosophy like solipsism or something
>>
>>39666153
Yeah but why are you so mad about it though? Did Jacobi steel you're waifu?
>>
>solipsism
you reading theredpill anon?
>>
Nothing matters, suck it faggot.
>>
>>39666153
dubs and op dies a slow painful death
>>
>all just atoms floating
A lot hangs on that 'just'. The sum of the whole is much greater then the parts.
We might be atoms, but we are hardly /just/atoms
>>
>>39666153
>nihilism
>moody and edgy

True nihilism is freeing as fuck. Especially for a loser robot like OP who will never amount to anything. Try it
>>
>>39666153
>tfw normies are ruining nihilism
why can't we have anything nice?
>>
Meaninglessness seems kind of self-negating. A meaningless meaning bounces meaningfully. You always have to act AS IF something was meaningful. Why not take it seriously and try to do something good with it?
>>
>>39666153
Why don't they just poll all the great philosophers answers to the meaning of life? Then just publish the most popular one as the answer.
Wouldn't that work or am I stupid? Wouldn't that shut up nihilists?
>>
>>39666285
You should of seen that coming after what they did to atheism.
Nihilism is a sure step after atheism after all.
Hopefully they won't ruin what comes after for nihilists who didn't an hero
>>
Because hes talking in a nonchalant almost exuberant fashion you autismo loser.
>>
File: IMG_0020.jpg (433KB, 2126x1390px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0020.jpg
433KB, 2126x1390px
>>39666306
P1. nothing matters
P2. does p1 matter?
If p2 is true p1 is wrong, if p2 is right p1 is wrong.
Checkmate nihilists.
>>
>>39666353
>Nothing matters and the fact that nothing matters doesn't matter.
No, that pretty much checks out under Nihilism. P2 is right but that doesn't negate P1.
>>
File: 1484924707320.gif (929KB, 200x133px) Image search: [Google]
1484924707320.gif
929KB, 200x133px
>not being a nihilist and coming to the exact opposite conclusion

We're all just atoms on a small blue speck hurtling through space and nothing matters, so why not try and make the limited time everyone has as good as possible?

>but trying is hard

Adversity and existence are inexorably entwined; if you can't handle a bit of suffering then you may as well kill yourself meet oblivion without having gone through the pain of living.
>>
>>39666285
Nitzsche ruined nihilism in 1885.

>>39666281
That isn't nihilism.
>>
>>39666391
Nothing matters so I may as well do what I like: being a NEET. Check and mate.
>>
File: you dandy fuck.png (66KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
you dandy fuck.png
66KB, 2000x2000px
>>39666418

Do whatever makes you happy without making others unhappy, my dude.
>>
>>39666418
If you liked being a NEET, you wouldn't be here.
4chan isn't for people who really enjoy their lives.
>>
>>39666416
And why not pray tell?
>>
>>39666416

>Nitzsche ruined nihilism in 1885.

Explain.
>>
Nihilism is truly undeniable but nihilists are fucking annoying as hell.
>>
>>39666427
I refuse
>>39666428
I'm not happy with my life because, to me, this world sucks and is totally uninteresting. My ideal world certainly isn't one in which I would spend my days slaving away, or being educated and trained by my slave masters. But 4chan can indeed be for people who enjoy their lives, failed normalfag-kun. Or do you think happiness is only found in being a sexually and socially promiscuous member of the species homo sapiens?
>>
The thing about Nihilism is that it's 100% philosophically ambiguous. Nothing matters; whether that's good or bad depends on who you ask.
>>
>>39666418
Then do that. You haven't checkmated anyone. In fact, you just became a nihilist.
>>
>>39666456
Is this 4chan's version of "In this moment I am euphoric?"
>>
>>39666464

>I refuse

But if you like being a NEET, then you're already doing what I said, for the most part.
>>
>>39666480
I can't please everyone, many people will be unhappy no matter what life I choose. Might as well ignore everyone then and only do something because I want to, not consternating what other people want me to do at all.
>>
File: 1496270668445.jpg (116KB, 1014x1417px) Image search: [Google]
1496270668445.jpg
116KB, 1014x1417px
>the normies still arent on my level of agnosticism

feels good
>>
>>39666391
Would you want a president who thought everything was meaningless? Other country threatens nukes and he'll just shrug is shoulders and remind everyone we're on a rock.
>>
i can still be a nihilist even if everyone disrespects me for it and thinks i am stupid. haha.
>>
>>39666153
I've always been fascinated by the greater picture. Ever since I was young, I wondered what our purpose is and what truly lies behind the realm of things we can comprehend. No matter how hard I tried, though, it became increasingly obvious that there might not be such thing at all. Perhaps we haven't reached a level where we can put together the puzzle. Until that happens I'll continue to believe that nothing matters and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>39666153
>Rick is Nihilist
>he constantly suffers for it

when are you faggots gonna figure this out?
>>
>>39666153
Le edgy nihilist kid(tm) views atoms and rocks as the pinnacle of the form. True nihilist understands, that those are just merely a words and concepts used to describe the unknown forces, and the world still has fuckton of those, and this is why existence is utterly pointless - no matter how much you describe, there will be always more. Get on my level.
c: cleveland close, guess I've rolled an existential dread jackpot
>>
>Nothing matters everything that is now will one day cease to be
>so what is one thing now will be a different thing in the future and was some thing else in the past
So nothing really matter but it still is even though it changes and is nothing forever, it still is and has characteristics and properties that exist and you cannot deny we can tell things apart, be it with our normal senses like taste, smell, hearing, seeing and feeling. We also have our brain to process and get a more defined context for things so much so that we can almost accurately describe a huge variety of things. But if you realise that the nothingness only exists when compared to absolute infinity. Only when you look at infinity do you need to make decisions that take the results of infinity into consideration. Look at it from a smaller timeframe and you can deduct the context and make decisions based on that context that exists now but didn't before because we had infinity making everything the same.
>We might not have a grander sense in the universe but we do have one in the context of our existence
>it does not give us a how we have to live or do it, we have to derive our own context for the time we are living what our abilities are and what our limits are
I personally believe everyone has to use their own brain, learn about their limits and make their own plan.
Sure I understand the argument that people need inherent worth and that while religion is fake in terms of the supernatural shit it still is needed for cultural reasons. I can't accept that, we as a human species have to grow up and start widening our grasp, the universe is so vast and grand and we with our brains have a special chance to understand it and to create tools that help us understand the universe. And understanding the universe, understanding everything because everything in the universe runs out to be the same if we have the definition of the universe we might be able to get to the answer as to what everything is.
>>
>>39667517
I ran out of letters.
That's why it speaks to me OP, I don't want to have to tell everyone what they have to do in their lives. That shut is stupid people need to take care of themselves, if they need help desperately they can have it but telling people where to go at what time to pray in some direction and wiggle their ears thrice. That shit is retarded, we are better than that as a species that we need to toughen up and need to deal with the fact that we cannot waste so much of our resources on stupid dances and this and that and useless rules that only restrict us. We're like a fucking infant species, we need to grow the fucking up. Watching kids cartoons and living a kids life. It's time to move out and take responsibility, be an adult finally and make some shut happen out there in the universe. Put our dick right up in there and make a statement about who got the biggest dick in the galaxy.
>>
File: 1419706535617.gif (1007KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1419706535617.gif
1007KB, 500x250px
>>39666153
People who say it nonstop is pretty much terrified brainlets who try to cope with nonsensical nature of existence by telling it to themselves.
Truly intelligent people in my experience tend to determine a meaning for themselves and are ok with the fact that life is de facto meaningless universally. It can be meaningful individually.
>>
>>39666153
>used to be edgy nihilist in M.S
>Somewhere down the line i actually gave up and stopped even trying to analyze anything
Feels good
>>
Buddhism is the real answer OP.
>>
>>39666153
I know, right?
Fucking normies and their defeatist cuckery.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.