[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me how flawed my logic is.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1501557304974.jpg (624KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1501557304974.jpg
624KB, 2048x1536px
I have extreme OCD and hypochondria with food and air
>cannot touch food with hands for any reason
>food cannot touch the air with any reasonable suspicion that the air is dirty and contains pollutants i could ingest from the foods surface
>food has to easily go from opening to inside of my mouth without touching anything but the inside of the packaging and my mouth
>cannot eat food until i perform inhale/exhale exercises to rid my body of the toxins and pollutants from the air that I breathed in while leaving my room to buy the food

>think it will somehow make me bad or lower my intelligence if i do not follow this
>>
File: 1504383980569.jpg (83KB, 500x758px) Image search: [Google]
1504383980569.jpg
83KB, 500x758px
>>39653957
I consider the air I am near when resting(my bedroom with my bed and computer) to be the air that I am used to. I go days without leaving it because of my anxiety and OCD.

The pollutants when going out to buy food at the store, the weird smells in the store, the exhaust fumes from the traffic, all cannot be safe and I do these exercises when I come home and finish placing the food in my room

>wash hands 3-4 times, twice up to elbow, last times just up to wrist with hot water
>go up to bedroom trying to not touch anything with at least one hand to keep it clean
>inhale in bedroom, exhale outside bedroom door through both nostrils
>inhale in bedroom, exhale outside bedroom door through left nostril, holding the other closed
>inhale in bedroom, exhale outside bedroom door through right nostril, holding the other closed
>blow around mouth for any particulates or pollutants that came out of nose or stayed on my face from going outside
>repeat this at least 3 times
>put face in front of air conditioner as some kind of change of temperature, breathe out and in a few times
>re-do the inhale/exhale/mouth routine, 3 times, same as before
>gargle water 3 times, over 1 minute each time
>hawk out any snot or anything in my mouth that could have collected pollutants from outside air, 3 times

I have to do that every time i leave the house. even just opening the bottle of water to gargle water, I have to blow on the sides of the cap to make sure there are no pollutants/particulates, the blow on my hand/wave my hand for the same reason, then open it carefully to make sure my hand doesn't touch the nozzle.

Just the breathing exercises take 15 minutes or so of constant strong inhaling and exhaling. It's extremely uncomfortable.
>>
>>39653957
>OCD
>logic
Doesn't work like that.
>>
>>39653957
There's no logic here to debate; just a disordered mind. You're mentally ill and you need treatment to live a better life. Go to a doctor and get your clomimpramine/fluoxetine script.
>>
>>39653957
Do you also have compulsions to post the same thread on /r9k/ again and again?
>>
>>39653990
I have a superiority complex and think that I am secretly extremely intelligent, and my OCD is what makes me so, and that by following what it wants me to do, I can stay that way. It is preventing me from living my life, moving out, going to school..

I think that the pollutants in the air or in the food i eat affect my intelligence and that is why most people are so stupid and why I'm so smart.

I'm not basing this on 100% nothing. I have taken a legitimate IQ test with psychologists and they told me I was at 165. I have reason to try and preserve this, yet I know this has to be flawed somehow and I hate doing it.

>>39654033
sort of, but this is for a different reason
>>
>>39654071
I have a brother who has OCD and can tell you there is nothing logical with what you're doing, no matter how high your IQ is or isn't.
>>
Why wouldn't you just get a good respirator? You'd look retarded walking around outside with one, but you are retarded so you'd just be matching up the inside with the outside.
Either way, what you're worried about is very illogical and how you're solving it is very illogical, it's just a bunch of random half-assed ideas taped together.
>>
>>39653957
I guarantee these exercises and the stress from this problem are harming you much more than whatever you think it is preventing but isn't.
>>
>>39653957
The packaged food has been exposed to air already, for unknown periods of time. Did you ever think of that?
>>
>>39653957
There's more filth in a single square millimeter of your skin than there is on most cooked food. You have more bacteria cells living in your body than human ones, and most can kill you if they end up in the wrong spot. You're just completely fucking nuts. Get help.
>>
>>39654583
>You have more bacteria cells living in your body than human ones, and most can kill you if they end up in the wrong spot
wow anon, what a great thing to tell this fucking OCD hypochondriac
>>
>>39654812
Maybe then he'll fucking go to a psychiatrist and get some medication instead of shitposting on a board full of toxic mentally ill failures who do nothing besides jerk each other off about how shitty their lives are all day.
>>
>>39654812
>wow anon, what a great thing to tell this fucking OCD hypochondriac
Fuck walking on egg shells for these people. They need doses of reality and therapy.
>>
File: kermit.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
kermit.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>39654987
a dose of reality for people like this is to falsify their logic constructively, not attack them. they will just think you're stupid and "don't get it". they even admits that they have a superiority complex >>39654071 so they will probably just assume they're above you cognitively and discard your reply.
>>
>>39655202
Nobody is attacking anyone.
>>
>>39655202
>not attack them
Nigger you're fucking retarded, words are just words and telling them the truth isn't an attack.
>>
>>39655217
>>39655239
they will literally think you're wrong. the "truth" to them is what OP is doing with his exercises and hypotheses on toxic substances he can possibly inhale or ingest and I suppose lower his IQ or something. that's what he thinks is true. that's why he and every other OCD person or hypochondriac does these things. you clearly have not dealt with mentally ill people if you think your cliche "fuck that just tell them the truth!" crap does anything. loads of people have probably done that. you have to go into their world and reason them out of it in a way that is logical, because they are logical, they just have problems with compulsion and anxiety, obsessing over things.
>>
>>39655367
>they will literally think you're wrong
Not my problem.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.