[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there is nothing after death How can anyone believe this

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 104985495822.jpg (32KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
104985495822.jpg
32KB, 600x600px
>there is nothing after death
How can anyone believe this horseshit? Why would there be something(life) then nothing?
>>
>>39653686
Why would there be something
>>
>>39653686
That logic is retarded. Consciousness is the product of your brain, which requires various pieces of biological machinery and a fine balance of materials all working in unison to keep functioning.
>>
>>39653991
>That logic is retarded
>Goes on to explain the metaphysical with empiricism
>>
>>39653991
>Consciousness is the product of your brain, which requires various pieces of biological machinery and a fine balance of materials all working in unison to keep functioning
(citation needed)
>>
>>39654169
>Consciousness is the product of the brain
>The brain requires a fine balance of materials to function
>When the brain stops functioning the products of the brain cease to have the thing producing them, producing them
>Therefore when the brain dies consciousness must continue to exist

10/10 reasoning
>>
File: 1486010540250.jpg (129KB, 885x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486010540250.jpg
129KB, 885x720px
>>39653686
You were dead for billions of years before your parents fucked and squirted you into existence. Do you remember anything from this time? Were you conscious during it? No, because you are just a fungus growing on the surface of a ball of rock and water orbiting a ball of plasma. An inconsequential speck of biological waste incapable even of comprehending how trivial your existence is. When you die you will return to oblivion and the universe will go on, probably better off.
>>
>>39654212
Nigga. Yew ferrealsies?

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/03/090316201459.htm
>>
>>39653686
I find that much easier to believe than there being a magical happy fairy land or a terrible evil demon land you can only get to by dying.
>>
>Difficult problem that defies intuitions
>Let's all accept the specific set of ancient myths my parents happen to believe in.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.