[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psychologist

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1.gif (978KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
978KB, 350x197px
I have an appointment today with a psychologist. Primarily for my social anxiety.. any anon have experience with psychologist? Does it even help?

I honestly think this is the last chance for me to get out of the hiki life
>>
>>39621036
all depends on the person and who you are. never worked for me though.
friendly reminder that they aren't a doctor and that you can drop them at any time though.
>>
>>39621036
I'm a psychology student who has attended a psychologist and actually helped.

The therapy CAN help, but you need to actually WANT to improve yourself.
>>
>>39621036
If you have no one else to talk to about your problems then yes sometimes it helps to put your issues into words to "let it out", just remember that anything you say that would get you X amount of time in jail they are obligated to tell to the police, do NOT confess to any crimes or thoughts to commit crimes or they will inform the police and you will be put on a watch list / dragged to face charges
But then again most of the psychologists are hacks that went to that field because they thought it would be cool but are now jaded to their profession and a bit fucked up themselves
If you're going to just talk about your social anxiety then i see no issue there, ive been to some psychobabbler before don't now if that helped as much as weed did on my depression, weed reminded me how it felt to be happy for short periods of time, though weed can trigger some heritable mental issues and can become a expensive habit if you don't do it in moderation
But take everything you read online with a grain of salt, go to the appointment, keep your mouth shut about criminal thoughts and see how it goes is my tip to you
>>
>>39621036
>tfw went to a shrink because family
>answered honestly on all the tests
>my answers were inconsistent with "types" he could work with and confused him to the point that he couldn't help me
who else /terminator/
>>
File: hikikomori__hiasuki_2004.jpg (141KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
hikikomori__hiasuki_2004.jpg
141KB, 1200x900px
1. You need to really want to follow the therapist instructions and trust him/her. You need to want to change.

2. It really depends on the therapist itself. If he/she is not what you think is helping you. Change it. Change it until you found one that you think helps you.

Good luck
>>
>>39621049
The only difference is that a psychiatrist (doctor) can give prescription medication, a psychologist can't, but other that that they can do the same things (psychodynamic psychotherapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and so on).

Medication has side-effects, you should probably want to avoid medication unless nothing else works first.
>>
>>39621074
Don't listen to this.

Psychologists are normalfags. They don't understand not having friends or failing your parent's expectations or being a loser in general. They also don't understand your social life.

Depending on the prescription it.could take a month or few till it starts doing its job, which is normal.

You won't change like this anon. Your social anxiety isn't gonna be cured talking to some 35-40 yr old man(it'll be worse if it's a woman).

I believe that there is a way to escape your sad life but I don't think paying for a shrink is the way to go
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.