[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be 26 year old virgin >got out of the military not too

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: Student-Veterans.jpg (33KB, 560x374px) Image search: [Google]
Student-Veterans.jpg
33KB, 560x374px
>be 26 year old virgin
>got out of the military not too long ago
>going to college again
>be outgoing on the first day
>try to get to know people in my classes
>tons of girls on campus
>even see a few that smile in my general direction sometimes
>ive talked to some of the girls in my class
>but I can't relate to them at all.
>its akward and forced
>I wish I had died on my last deployment so I wouldn't have to deal with this shit
>have to start from scratch because my military training doesn't qualify me to do shit
>spend alot of time working out and smoking weed
>thought college was going to be awesome but I really just want to die
>no end in sight
>i honestly don't even know what to do with my life

I wish I was dead
>>
>>39607186
At least you did something great with your life. If you're strong enough to get through the military you're strong enough to get through people's bullshit.
>>
>>39607186
Join a PMC bro fuck that college shit
>>
>>39607186
You fell for the college meme, its only awesome if you're really outgoing and being conformist.
>>
>>39607186
study something youll like dude not some meme degree

join some sort of PMC or private security stuff
>>
>>39607287
I thought of that, but they usually only hire ex SF guys and I wasnt in SF.
>>
>>39607186
yeah go be a bodyguard

you have military training but youll also learn to protect a single person
>>
>>39607345
Do you really think every thug guarding a storage unit in Nigeria is ex-SF?
>>
>be in military
>come home for first time in months
>get calls from old friends who want to see me
>sure.png
>"Wow anon, I hate the army but you're still cool I guess. Did you ever shoot anyone?
>"I'd never join the army, only dumb people would ever think of going there.....except you anon...haha :)"
>get bombarded with like a million questions and subtle jabs from rich friends who got their parents to pay for college
Going back to civilian life is suffering. I fucking hate it. I don't even bother telling people I'm military. I just bullshit them and say I work in construction now.
>>
>>39607186
you could kill yourself. just sayan
>>
are all marines this big of pussies or just you
>>
>>39607186
Anon you need to find things that are fun and/or make you happy. It's tough being older than everyone else. Are there any clubs or societies you could join? Regarding having to force interactions, that's normal. Keep doing it and after a while you will actually become real friends with some of the people you initially have to "force it" with. That's normal. That's how you make friends. You may not know this if you're a robot.
>>
>>39607602
I hate the army too and I'm in, I don't even bring up military bullshit on leave and if my friends ask questions I just give one answer questions to show them I don't want to talk about it.

I can't wait to fucking get out.
>>
File: 1501418159356.png (196KB, 417x578px) Image search: [Google]
1501418159356.png
196KB, 417x578px
>>39607186
The weed is a problem here.
Just drop this shit
>>
>>39607186
Look at this faggot. He didn't even get his college degree while in the military like he was supposed to! LOL what a failure.
>>
>>39607186

How do you leave the military as a virgin? Were you a cubicalcuck?
>>
File: 1288970912.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1288970912.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
Just do whatever, i'm currently living life on easymode after having a ''''existential crisis'''' or whatever. Started sporadically and chaotically investing in random cryptocurrencies and i make more than my parents. Not having a relationship is liberating if you actually have the courage to stop thinking about what you're supposed to do rather than what you want to do.
>>
>>39608433
thats so odd

my friend got back from army and we asked if he banged any foreign qts and what he did with his free time since he was never on dota 2

your friends like to talk about sjw/politics more than girls or cool shit?
>>
>GUYS GUYS JOIN THE MILITARY IT'LL TOTALLY FIX YOUR LIFE
>Anon's join
>This shit happens
>Leave in a failed nomrie like state or robot whatever you want to call yourself
>come back a full on broken husk of a human being
>only thing to do is to follow orders
>only will is now to kill
>only wish is to die
>Incompatible with humanity
>Feared by those who haven't been converted
>understood by those who have
Basically you sold your personality your humanity and any possibilities of returning to normality to become a husk.
Was it worth it?
>>
>>39608433
I hate it too but at least I can relate with people in the army. I just keep my mouth shut and don't bring up army shit but it's real hard not to strangle some of the people I know when they bitch about having to go hiking with their gf or whatever
>>39609750
Pretty much. Such is life as a leaf. Although I'm not sure which would be more annoying, the rampant dick sucking of veterans and military by Americans or the condescending remarks from my leaf friends who are lucky to make 16k a yesr
>>
>>39609884
Yeah because I was a husk anyway. Now I'm a husk with a pension and a good resume,car and house at age 23
>>
>>39609913
kek don't lie you are up to your nuts in debt
you don't own anything.
Anyway serves you right fighting for isreahell
like a good goy
>>
>>39609939
>being in debt in current year
This is why you go into a trade and not college once you get out. I'll probably blow my brains out at 30 or die in a machining accident at work but I'm not in debt so I got that going for me.
>>
>>39608104
Being in the army is not the same as being a marine.
>>
>>39608104
Marines are the biggest pussies in the military next to the chair force.
>>
>>39609887
Canadian army? What branch are you in?
Where are you stationed?
>>
>>39610600
Yeah I'm a leaf and I'm in RCEME. And I'm posted in Ontario right now.
>>
>>39609424
By getting stationed in the absolute middle of nowhere.

>>39607186
I've been there OP. What I did at first was get into motorcycles and spent all my money going to the racetrack. It was a stupid thing to do but I had fun. Now I'm at a trade school and things are much better. College is pretty damn awful.
>>
>>39607186
I was a Legionnaire for 10 years and tried college. I dropped out after three days. Fuck that shit and everyone that never faced a hard day in their life. Bunch of preppy cunts and homos is all there was on campus.
>>
>>39607186
Your problem is that you're trying to relate to them. If you want a long term relationship go prison gay.
>>
>>39612029
That's the only reason I went to college desu. I enrolled when I was 32 because milfag and there were tons of cute guys with daddy issues.
>>
File: CTZ3zKmWIAAAo8o.jpg (94KB, 600x928px) Image search: [Google]
CTZ3zKmWIAAAo8o.jpg
94KB, 600x928px
>>39607186
I'm in the same boat brotha, I got out recently and got myself in university. Im thinking about hitting up a club to maybe meet some people and make actual friends

>>39608433
i am so fuckin glad I got out. when you getting out my man?
>>
>>39607434
Yes because no company is going to hire you unless you have outstanding creds like that
mot op btw
>>
>>39611512
borden? i was a sigger there last summer on dp1. it sucked dirty asshole
>>
>>39612058
I mean the extremely flamboyant, nasal girl voice, hardcore liberal gays. I became a Legionnaire at 17 and never dealt with that shit. It was awful and I considered pulling a Columbine 2.0 until I realized that my actions would only further support their cause.
>>
>>39609957
You don't just go into a trade.
>>
File: laughing leon.jpg (33KB, 297x445px) Image search: [Google]
laughing leon.jpg
33KB, 297x445px
>>39612029
>none of these fags have faced a hard day in their life!
>drops out of college after three hard days
>>
>>39607658
Same.
Every time leave came around I only gave ambiguous answers about stuff
>>
>>39607186
go back in the army faggot,
there's nothing for you in civilian life
>>
>>39612551
>College is anything more than a piece of paper for "experience" to be a stepping stone into real work
>Hard
Okay anon
College is easy mode.
>>
>>39612551
I see your point. It wasn't the classes that were hard, it was the people that disgusted me. I knew if I didn't get away from them that I was going to fuck up.
>>
>>39607186
The military leaves you with a lot of psychological baggage.

You have to banish that cynical attitude at some point, cynicism is not realism, cynicism doesn't do anything.

The military made most of the decisions for you, you were institutionalized. Your drill instructor made you clean a lot I'm sure, however they always told you how to clean it, you rarely had to go to the shop and decide whether to get lemon pledge or the store brand or whatever. Now you must be your own instructor, to do this you must figure out how to manage shit and to do this you must take an interest in yourself because you will make mistakes that remind you how useless you've become and if you stop giving a shit you will self-destruct. Find a job or a side-hustle that fits into your time slot. Figure out cheaper more practical ways to do things. Get a pot plant for your window sill so you feel a little more human.

Being super serious all the time is also self-destructive, you will panic and go full throttle 110% one day then sloth for a week, you can't stop it, it is sort of how the brain works without a drill instructor to keep shocking you into action (and telling you what to do). You should be serious, to a degree. Your priority #1 is doing well in college and preparing for a career. In fact doing this helps you socially, if some girl gives you the cold shoulder it is trivial, if you find a friend with the same attitude you have something in common which sets you apart from the usual drama with Chad, Stacy and all the other normies. You are currently like a dog found chained in someone's backyard which has been beaten. You need to tame the dog not keep beating the dog.

After a while you start to enjoy it, all you need is little 1 victory and you will want more. Study something difficult and master it and it will be yours in your brain forever.
>>
Join a fraternity no joke. Lots of friends and guaranteed to meet girls every weekend.
>>
>>39612536
>be machinist in army
>transfer with all certs to civilian life
Wew lad, spoken like an average retard who thinks the only trades that exist in the military are infantry and officer
>>
The National Lampoon style college meme where you get into drunken shenanigans is only for people of NORMAL college age; 18-22... you're fucking 26.

I'm 24 out of college for 2 years and I know that I can hardly relate to college kids anymore.

Nobody wants to be your friend because you're the age of someone who would be finished with their masters already if not PHD... do your work and go home, you're too fucking old
>>
>>39613352
Didnt say all that....
But may as well be the case. Most guys i know wind up working as security guards or walmart clerks because their army experience meant jack shit to civilian employers.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.