[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me, catholic >in an attempt to cure social anxiety,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 5hDlHTH.jpg (57KB, 911x855px) Image search: [Google]
5hDlHTH.jpg
57KB, 911x855px
>be me, catholic
>in an attempt to cure social anxiety, accept nihilism
>remain very religious
>live has no meaning other than being a passage into the afterlife
I'm not even sure you can call it nihilism at this point, maybe pseudo-nihilism?
>mum finds out because of a slip of the tongue
>she gets triggered, thinking I've turned away from God
>but I didn't tho
>tells me we've got an serious talk ahead of us

I just don't believe in the normie ways. There's no point for me to go out of my way to emulate one, it truly doesn't matter to me anymore. Still believe in God/afterlife/morality, though.
What do I do in this situation, /r9k/? Also, you're welcome to turn this into a blackpill thread, haven't seen any of those recently.
>>
Bump. This is a blackpill thread now, I'm desperate for replies.
>>
File: YOROKOBE.png (111KB, 299x530px) Image search: [Google]
YOROKOBE.png
111KB, 299x530px
>>39607146
try to find what gives you pleasure in life instead of seeking a deeper meaning, takes some pointers from the mapo tofu priest.

alternatively stop using bargain bin normie tier nihilism and read some of Nietzsche's work (assuming you already have read other relevant philosophical works) and cure yourself of such incessant faggotry
>>
>>39609170
This post is radiating honesty, it feels like. I'm going to need to look more deeply into philosophy, you're on point about me being shallow on that front. Keep in mind, I'm not trying to deny God, only to deny norms. I'm already pursuing what gives me happiness, and trying my hardest to not let other's judgment influence me.
>>
>>39609483
I think your mindset isn't that terrible then, but really do try to pursue philosophical literature

try to start out with some of the most influential classics (mainly greek philosophers like plato) then when you move to later literature, it will seem more "complete" since you'll know the context in which it was written

these videos can provide a nice taster on him if you want to take a quick shortcut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ajv-RrQs4o
>>
>>39607146

In a world where Godel's incompleteness theorem is a thing, there are really only two possible positions: dogma or nihilism.

Dogma can give life meaning and motivate you to do stuff, but the trade-off
is lack of mental flexibility and adaptability. If your dogma becomes too challenged, you can lose stability and maybe break down under the cognitive dissonance.

Nihilism on the other hand strips you of all motivation and brings much unpleasant volatility and depression.

But that's all valid only if you think.
There is also a third option, known to the Indians as Dhyana, to the Sufis as "the Way" and to Buddhists as "Zen", which resolves this issue without a trade-off.
>>
File: shit_tier_lectures.jpg (121KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
shit_tier_lectures.jpg
121KB, 1080x720px
>>39609872
Very interesting stuff, I'll make it a point to remember to research it tomorrow. The way you write reminds me of pic related somehow desu. I've watched some of his lectures with my older brother not long ago. Big bro turned out to be a very cool human, with Peterson as his role model. What's your stance on him?
>>
>>39610096

That's a compliment, even though I have a very mixed stance on the prof.

When I first heard of him (when he was just getting popular) I was extremely excited, because I was just getting into European mysticism and especially Carl Jung, which is Peterson's main subject. Here was an person who seemed to exude intelligence, open-mindedness and honesty, discussing topics that were relevant to today's youth (feminism, memes) in terms and frameworks that were interesting to me (Jungianism and Hegelian dialectic).
In terms of life advice and psychology he's absolutely great.

I haven't watched a lot of his material yet, but I have already taken to heart and mentally highlighted for myself a lot of what I have watched.

On the other hand, I am a history major, and based on what I have seen so far, Peterson's understanding of history, in particular the history of the Soviet Union, is atrocious and based on Cold War memes.
For a person who places so much emphasis on intelligent, unbiased analysis, that aspect of his work is very disappointing to me.

Also I don't like his approach towards so-called 'cultural marxism" and "postmodernism". I admit that I haven't read any of the relevant philosophical texts for this, but I have read a lot of arguments from people who have, and have listened to philosophy lectures in my university which touched on proponents of Critical Theory and French Poststructuralism (basically, the characters that Peterson accuses of all the evils of the world), and not in the least did I experience any attitude or idea which I would describe as "SJW-like" or inciting relativism or obscurantism.
Basically I think his understanding of the problem is primitive, perhaps misguided. I know he references only one book about "postmodernism" really, and no other literature, which seems thin, considering how vast and complex the issue is.

But I do not doubt that everything the prof says is "bona fide", so my opinion is a positive one overall.
>>
>>39610404
Well, this is quite eye-opening. I've really not much to add, beside that I now understand why I've been seeing mixed opinions on him. Thanks for your time, history-anon, the time just passed midnight for me, so that's all I have for tonight. Whatever your time zone is, I wish a good night.
>>
>>39610640

Before you go, I highly recommend a brilliant man called Andrey Fursov for any and all information regarding the history of the USSR, Russia and the history of the 20th century in general.
If you have any interest in this subject and would like to get a glimpse of the heart of the matter in lieu of Cold War propaganda, then I urge you to check out some of his lectures.
>>
>>39609170
Give me some reccomendations anon
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.